Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: NEW LAYOUTS - JUNE        (Topic#1559251)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks Terry for hosting May!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June-----Anna
July-----Cheryl
August----Terry

Daznlise
Resident
Daznlise
In response to Anna C

Hi Anna,
This sounds like great fun !!!
Please excuse my ignorance as I am a bit thick lol, I understand every detail of how to do this, BUT, I am not sure which embed code to copy and paste in the link !!!
Sorry, to be a pain this is probably such an easy thing to do, but i have tried and am not sure !!!

Cheers,
Lise x

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Daznlise

Good Morning and welcome to June (almost!)
Thank you Anna for hosting!
Lise: first off welcome! Here's how to do that:
In your gallery on one of your LO, click "share anywhere" which is on the left side about midway down.
A box pops up and says either HTML or IMG at the top. Click IMG and when you do below it pops up "copy & paste embedded code" and below that is the code you need to copy and then paste into the message box here ( what you type & post). Make sure also that the "large" size is selected too.

That's all...again welcome to the thread.

How's everyone? Have a good weekend? BBL....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Daznlise

Good morning all!
Anna, thanks for hosting June...and thanks, Terry, for hosting May!
I'll be back later to post a layout... I finished my "Spring is here??" page but I keep on tweaking in here and there...
and it sure doesn't look like spring here..it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy all week!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

JCI....thanks Terry for helping Lise.

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Anna C

Welcome Lise!

I got a bit behind the last few days, but I'll try to catch up either today or tomorrow with the chit-chat and lo's that I've missed from the other thread. I think though, that I've pretty much finished the 2nd book of Anton's life!! All that needs doing still is adding names to the photos that Anton thinks his parents would like to see them (and what can be remembered/determined by either him or his father), and making a copy to have translated into Dutch (or at least mostly into Dutch).

I have to get snapshots and upload them, but I'll have a bunch of new lo's to post over the next couple of days. I hope everyone is doing well!

P.S. Thank you to Anna for hosting this month!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dodgercpkl

HI!!
Hope a lovely spring comes to us all this month...please.
Thanks for hosting Anna..it was a great thread last month, Terry.
Welcome Lise.
Teri that's quite a project you've got going....what will you do when it's all done??

I am hoping for the return of my mojo in June..I have ideas.

There are bookcases right above the computer here and there was a huge cool old mug up there for years...well last night it just came crashing down when I came in through the door..I must have shut it just hard enough to send that thing right over the edge....right onto Roni's iPhone..shattered the glass and the phone won't work at all....promised I'd replace it today since it isn't her fault...she was just sitting here minding her own business. So grateful that mug didn't fall on her head.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Hiya everyone. Girls are going home tomorrow, boo! It will be a very quiet and lonly place without them.

Donna, I've done something to mt pinky toe. Its sore, bruised, swolen and can't bend it. Thing is I can't tell ya what I did to it. I don't remember hurting it! lol I guess it thought your toe needed some company.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Dearest Toe twins...I pray for your tootsies.

Donna...shall we be seeing some new layouts of the girls soon?

Just got back from buying my former iPhone snob (dd2) a droid...didn't realize ATT sells them...she's pumped..I'm broke...stopped at my local fabric store..got some lace for layout inspirational purposes.....got home...not inspired yet.
It is pouring....and it is raining inside dd's new phone...honest.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

jci.....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Finally, here's my "Spring is Here??" page
and another one I threw together this weekend since we had such crappy weather!!

Spring is here?? By Scrapkaty

Summer Fair By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

ACU2H

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

JCI...ACU...

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Abby0317

Thank you so much for everyone's comments on my revision pages!

Anna - Haha! It's funny that you should mention quilts. My mom made me a Holly Hobby quilt when I was pretty young that I still have and love to this day!

Denise - I'm so glad that your mom is ok! I bet that was a scare for both you and your dad. Many prayers for your family. I hope things are ok with Tim's cousin. When is your cousin's daughters wedding? I hope they can get the mud off! It's pretty amazing what they can do to fix things sometimes, so I hope this is one of those times! I hope your pinky toe gets better soon!

Cheryl - Ugh! I can't believe they let the kids go back to the mother. I hope they see the light soon and remove them into your son's care permanently!

Donna - I do have pictures of my Cabbage Patch Kid! See below. OMG! I can only imagine how you must have felt when you realized what happened with your email reply! I'm glad your bosses saw the humor in it.

Terry - It is indeed! It seems to be a very versatile and powerful program even if it doesn't have all the capabilities of the full PhotoShop.

Katy - I can't wait to see your Spring is Here Page!

Desomoel - I can't imagine anyone turning away the opportunity to be pampered 2x's in one month! How neat!

Lise - Welcome to the thread!!

Jeannie - It is a big project! lol Probably bigger then I thought it would be even when I was scanning all the photos into the computer (a project that took me a couple weeks and many hours of time. Just scanning the pictures!). I still have more of his life to do, but since I'm missing several years of pictures completely and am very light on some others, I decided to wait on finishing the third book until after our trip to the Netherlands. I'm going to try and scour through the other siblings boxes to see if I can find some photos to represent the missing years. If not, I'll work with just what I have, but I would love to have at least a couple photos for each year! Once I'm done with this? Oh I have about a million other things I've thought of that I would like to do! lol I want to go through and make a book/series of books like this for me as well. I started on one years ago (I posted some of those lo's here I think - if not they are in my gallery), but never finished it, and now I have some great ideas for how I would like to do things in mine. Like including as much of my original poetry as I can, and some of the papers and awards I've gotten through the years. I have also all of those pictures of the places that Anton and I have visited, and I would love to scrap those and make a book on us meeting and dating, etc. I've been really pushing myself on this project because I wanted to make sure that I had time to finish it, figure out what photos that I wanted to add names or extra info to, and get everything translated into Dutch with time to print and ship it here before our trip in September. The rest of these projects I'll probably go slower on since I have no real deadline on them. I'm so glad that Roni is ok! Bummer about the Iphone though...

Forgive me if I'm not making sense in anything I wrote just now, I came home early from work yesterday because I was sick, and right now I'm alternating between feeling semi-awake and staring blankly at the screen. lol I've got all my lo's uploaded to the site, but I'll stick to the Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid pictures and a few other fun ones for the moment.

Here's the original Cabbage Patch Kid (can I abbreviate this? lol abbreviation is actually how my screen name came to be *C*abbage *P*atch *K*id *L*ady):

Original Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid By Dodgercpkl

He was signed by so many Dodgers over the years! After a while I retired him because he was starting to get a bit dirty. So I found a pattern that would fit a new cpk (I collected them when I was younger and my mom saved them, so it was just a matter of pulling out one of the many) and sewed a new outfit! I don't have a close up pic, but here's the new cpk and outfit:

Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid! By Dodgercpkl

Another shot of the cpk as well as one showing (somewhat at least) the American Flag dress that I made one year:

American Flag Dress By Dodgercpkl

And some other for fun shots. Here's me in a Jedi Knight outfit that I sewed:

Jedi Knight! By Dodgercpkl

A birthday cake that I made and decorated:

Cake! By Dodgercpkl

And various goodies that my mom and I made for a bake sale for my work one year. Everything on this table was made by my mom and I!

Bake Sale! By Dodgercpkl

And on that note, I'm ACU and heading to sleep!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Good morning ladies!

Thanks Anna for hosting June-thanks for taking care of May Terry =)

Welcome Lise!

Has it stopped snowing Katy? You guys get more snow than Colorado! lol

Teri-your cabbage patch kid is so cute. Love your costumes too!

Sorry about your mug Jeannie-good thing it didn't whop you on th head though...that would have hurt! Although maybe it would have been cheaper than buying your DD a new phone! Thank you for the toe prayer LOL! I'm going to have to make that my next layout lol

Denise-I appreciate you bustin up your toe so mine doesn't feel left out =) Don't forget to take pictures! lol The grandkids are gone already? I can't believe a whole month flew by!

Ok....so I have a small dilema. This girl I work with had sent me a text when I was home the other day saying how she found all these old family photos and wanted to scrap them. She asked if I would help her. I was like sure. When I got to work I said we can make time to go shopping-I'd show her what to get to start out with. I asked her if she had any type of style in mind. She then says...well, I thought I'd buy the stuff and you could make it for me. I didn't know what to say...I thought she wanted me to HELP her-not make it for her! So I sat there for a sec...then said "oh..I thought you wanted help" So shes like...well I don't know how to scrapbook and you do so I though you wouldn't mind. I said "uhhh...right now I have alot of things going on-I can bring in some of my books for ideas-show you how to scrap" I was pretty embarrassed cause she put me on the spot.
I think shes gonna ask again...but I don't want to make it FOR her. Geez...you see how long it takes me to make a page. I'd spend my whole summer scrappin her book. How do I tell her nicely without insulting her? And I don't want to do it for a fee either. I've discovered (as I knew all along) if I HAVE to scrap I don't enjoy it. I suppose I should take it as a compliment...I just hate being put on the spot like that.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh, one more thing....Jeannie-did you know that the Copics are going up to $6.95 in August? I got an email from Carpe Diem the other day. I documented all the different colors I have-I'll probably place an order before they go up. Theres no way I'm gonna spend $6.95 each! Just thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't heard.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning ladies! Hope you all are having a good day so far. We are in the midst of a heat wave here. It hit 94 yesterday and that is so "not normal" for our area. When it hits 90 here, the town serves free lemonade. We are known as the nation's air conditioned city because it doesn't get that warm here...maybe mid 80s for a few days but rarely any hotter. So lemonade rarely gets served but it's free today!

Jeannie, glad your dd didn't get hit on the head. But those new phones sure are expensive. I've been looking at them but still haven't taken the plunge yet.

Teri, I do believe you are a master of many things. Loved your outfits/costumes and all of those goodies really did make me so hungry for something sweet.

Denise, are you still experiencing withdrawals from your grandkids?

Donna, I am so with you on making the album for your co-worker. There is no way in h*ll I would take on that project! And I'm completely understand what you mean if you HAVE to scrap something, it's not fun. I'm the same way.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Hi everyone! I would love to join this month again, I have missed you ladies!!
Haven't been around much because I was packing to move but now I am moved in and I am sure I can find the time now to pop in

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi Mandi! Glad to have you back with us!

Here's one from me....tfl!

A Time to Remember By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SQ Mandi

Free lemonade Anna? That is sooooo cool! I hope you stay cool as well lol

Thanks for your input on my scrappy dilema-glad its not just me that feels that way

Welcome back Mandi!

Edited by DittoBabyGirl on 06-01-11 06:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi! Welcome back!! You've been missed! I look forward to seeing your layouts!

Teri...love all your Dodger costumes....and your patriotic one as well...Didn't you feel like scratching your face with all that make up on?

Donna, I agree with you...if it HAS to be done, it's not as fun. You should lend her your books, maybe..just maybe it will inspire her to try her hand at scrapping her photos.

Oh oh, Jeannie! Better go buy some more copics before the price jumps! That is quite a jump!

Denise, sorry the kids are going home...seems like they just arrived! Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

June 1st........rain, cold, thunder storms, windy..just our newly typical early summer weather??? WTH????????????????? %^&*()_+$%^&*()

and DH and I are going to a Giants game on Saturday...and of course the ^&*()_ forecast is for rain showers!!!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Thanks for the welcome I really have missed participating! I have been working alot, (thankfully it's work from home, but still LOL), so between that, packing, the kids and what ever else has been going on, I have just been jam packed. Now since we are moved in, and I am just unpacking, and organizing, I will have more time. I am working today, so I will be on sb.com on and off through out the day!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to SQ Mandi

MMMMAAAAANNNNNDDDDDIIIIII I---------hey you welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a long long time. Woohoo....!

Donna---wow...you have a situation that could go either way. Maybe if you explain to her that scrapping is not only a personal thing but also time consuming she might get it. If not then I would suggest to her that since your time is taken up that she would be better off seeking someone who does this for a job not a hobby. Or maybe pre-printed pages that she just glue on the photos. Good luck! Also, since my email gets wonky sometimes, I need to ask if you sent those items because I didn't get them. If you didn't I'm not rushing you...just worried cyberspace ate them.

Teri- (I have a hard time typing your name & not mine!) Love those costumes! I wondered what the cpkl meant. Do you do the face paint on yourself? Really cool!

Jeannie--thankfully the mug didn't hit you or Roni and a Droid! Wow...she's got to be a happy happy camper right now!

Katy--I know the weather thing cuz we are getting the same thing up here too. And we normally are just the opposite of what CA gets. Love the "spring is here???" lo!!!

Denise--how are things? Everyone doing ok?

Anna--a heat wave--really? Like Katy we are having rain grey skies upper 50s in temps here in WA. But I'm not complaining because I hate the 90s!

Off to get by buttt kicked in Zumba & Kick boxing then back to my office to work. Almost done with the jewelry roll which I've re-designed 3 times during the sewing process. Have a great one ladies!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Thank Terry!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

jci

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Anna C

Donna - Thanks! I've always enjoyed dressing up and I suspect that I always will. I completely get what you mean about your co-worker. Help does not equal "do for me"! I hope she backs off and realizes that. Especially since it sounds like she has a lot of pictures that would require a LOT of time and effort!

Anna - Thank you! I've always loved the creative side of life. And I definitely was born with a white thumb for baking! I remember growing up and learning to bake with my mom. It's always been my favorite of the creative outlets. That's awesome about the free lemonade. How fun!

Mandi - Welcome (back) to the group! Packing a moving can be so time and effort intensive. I'm glad you are all settled!

Katy - I did a bit at first, but trained myself not to do anything but dab. lol Yikes! It sounds like you are in for a coooold summer. I hope the weather finally realizes that it's being contrary and gives you some nice warm days! Take a poncho for the game and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain out for you.

Denise - I totally missed seeing you say that your gk's were going home. *hugs* Sorry they have to leave (for now!) but I hope you had an amazing time with them!

Terry - I'm the same way with your name! lol A bit more background on the name - I was going to sooo many games for a while there and as you can see from my pictures I was pretty darn noticeable, that I knew a bunch of the ushers/guards/whatever at Dodger Stadium. One day I found out from an usher friend that EriC Karros and Mike Piazza (big names in baseball in those days if you aren't familiar with them and both were Dodger players) had taken to calling me the Dodger Cabbage Patch Kid Lady! I was thrilled and I have used DodgerCPKL as a screen name ever since. :P I can't wait to see that Jewelry roll!

Here are the first 3 lo's that I finished over the weekend:

Walibi 1991 By Dodgercpkl

Kid's Vacation Week 1991 - Part 1 By Dodgercpkl

Kid's Vacation Week 1991 - Part 2 By Dodgercpkl

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl

Terry - I just realized that I forgot to answer one of your questions! I do indeed do my own facepaint. It's always a bit different. Sometimes I do the blue/white 1/2 and 1/2 look, sometimes I make the white half into a baseball, sometimes I go for a more girly look and just paint flowers/hearts/baseballs on my face. lol It's always fun!

I'm ACU and I'm gonna post 3 more of my LO's from the weekend.

Camp Song By Dodgercpkl

Treehouse Birthday! By Dodgercpkl

School Christmas Play By Dodgercpkl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Wahhhhh, the grandbabies and DD1 went home. That month sure flew by.

OOO! son in law finally found a police officer position open and applied. He was given the job. Hurray! He is sooo happy. This is something he has wanted to do his entire life. He starts on the 13th.

Hey Mandi! Welcome back. I missed those sweet Tallia photos.

I'm putting my scraproom back together so maybe I can get some scrappin done soon.

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to rockmom

Denise - That's awesome news!! I'm so glad for your son-in-law!

Last 3... I promise!

Confirmation By Dodgercpkl

Olympics - Kid's Vacation Week By Dodgercpkl

Winter Vacation / Christmas Play By Dodgercpkl

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

ACU...
Yeah Denise...it's alway such a great feeling when the "kids" get jobs let alone ones they love!I bet you are missing your gks right now. I miss mine before they ever leave the driveway!

Still working --just took a latte break! I do so loooovvveee my latte's.

Katie --your spring lo made the front pg--congrats!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Yeh, I do miss them Terry. I'm actually sitting here wondering what to do!

Yay Katy! - that LO is fabulous and deserves rcognition.

Think I'll have an Angelfood smoothie from Smoothie King for supper. DH is gonna grill a steak for himself but I'm not so fond of steak. Yeh, I know most people are.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Geez what a bunch of yakkers...bbl to catch up.
Welcome back Mandi

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Sorry don't have to time to catch up on all the chatter. I do want to welcome MANDI back!!!

ACU

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

JCI....nothing new here but rain!..
Thanks all for all the nice comments on my "spring is here?" page! I kinda like it myself. I never get to see my pages on the front page! Usually it's my sister's layouts shown there!
Denise, congrats on your son in law getting hired in to law enforcement. Our eldest dd went thru a 6 month police academy...still no luck in finding a job. When she graduated is when the economy tanked and lots of police officers were being laid off...but she keeps on applying..

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Thanks Katy, SIL has been looking since he graduated in January. Good luck to your DD. I know how tough it is.

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to rockmom

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Katgurl72

Morning ladies! Catching up now!

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to SQ Mandi

just sharing another "She Art" I made this evening.

She Dreams of Paris (She Art) By Katgurl72

Oh is there a forum for off the page projects???

TFL!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Katgurl72

Good morning ladies! Gonna be another hot day here!

Terry, so glad you explained your name. I wondered what it stood for too. Does that face paint make your face itch? Makes me itch just thinking about it especially have it has dried and cracked! And you are really rockin that PSE9. Good for you!

Denise, Hope your grandkids withdrawal is fading a bit today. It's tough when the kids leave! I dont have gkids yet, but it is still depressing when dd comes in and stays a a few days and then leaves. Takes me a day or two to get over it. My dd is on her way in for a few days as I type this, so I will be dealing with these emotions in a few days.

Also so glad your sil found a job! Jobs are so hard to come by. I hope it all works out for him.

Katy, I hope your dd can find a job soon. And your spring lo was lovely. So glad it made the front page!

Kylie, You should check out Becky Nemann's gallery. She is really into the She Art.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Edited by Anna C on 06-02-11 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Anna C

Thanks Anna I shall go and have a look see

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Katgurl72

Anna you wouldn't happen to have a link to her gallery? I just went and searched and nothing!

Edited by Katgurl72 on 06-02-11 05:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Katgurl72

don't worry about that last post I found her, I checked out your friend list and there she was!! Oh I love her "she art" I'd already saved some to my favorites

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Katgurl72

DOO

New Car By SQ Mandi

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Donna.I would tell your friend that you will help her but that you have too many other projects and it takes too much time and expense to make a book...you just don't have the time...oh wait..I think that's what you told her already...and if she asks again tell her you can't...she'll never understand until she starts making her own stuff.
Teri..how exciting to be noticed like that...were you shown on tv a lot. Love the patriotic get up and the CP doll is a keeper.I have one too...my younger brother got her for me when I was 34...took her everywhere...she has a wardrobe and everything...but she wasn't into sports lol.
Mandi How are the kids???
Donna are those going to be Carpe Diem's prices too??? That puts the kabosh on any more of them for me.
Denise I'm glad your son in law got the job. I'm happy for him and glad someone is hiring police....In this awful economy the very LAST thing to be cut in any budget should be law enforcement and first responders.
I'm glad Kelly keeps trying Katy...it'll happen..they just have to rehire the ones that got laid off (can you imagine cutting back police in OAKLAND Ca???..crime capitol of the west??? it happened!? (pet peeve..sorry).

Here is a layout I did..over two days....welcome back mojo. I "lifted" a wedding card, one of several Katy and I unearthed at Mom and Dad's..they were married in 1942.
Always By Dollscrap
Here's the card
vintage card By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

I agree about the police and first responder layoffs Jeannie. Houston and surrounding areas sure needs them. Less is not good.

Your LO lift of the card is wonderful. When your mojo comes back it really comes back with great style! Super job on those bells! I'm looking for my scrappy mojo. A month off sent it into hiding.

Kylie, those She Art projects you've done are sooo cute!

Donna, its hard to be diplomatic with folks that put you on the spot. I'd just keep politely declining and continue telling her that you can show her how and give her ideas. Good luck!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

The kids are great!! Thanks!!
Jessa starts Kindergarten in August (She will be 5 next month!)
AJ is good.. he will be 4 next month, and is going to go to Pre-K

Natalia.. She is just a big old handful! LOL She started walking in April, she is talking up a storm. She is just full of the happies and loves to run around with & after Jessa and AJ.

Leandra and Ilanna are good too. Leandra just turned 13 and Ilanna 11.. It's hard to believe that I have a teenager!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

ACU . . . got a new haircut today. My weight loss is 40 pounds now. I have 10 more to go!! I put a new profile pic up. It is from my webcam and isn't very good but will try another later.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, Congratulations on your terrific weight loss. Your new photo and hair do are beautiful....WOW!!!

Glad to hear the kids are doing so well Mandi.

Thanks Denise...your mojo will come back..what about the wedding layouts!

Kylie...I like your She Art projects too....not sure what it is but yours are so cute.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Nice job with the weight loss Cheryl and your new hair do is great! I am jealous, I want to lose some pounds but not willing to do the workout...and I'd bet it isn't gonna happen sitting around with my foot propped up on pillows!

Not sure what is going on with my computer. I downloaded some new software for my silhouette so I could order some new cuts and when I re-started my computer everything about my computer was changed and all my photos and files are missing, gone into thin air! whoosh- gone! boooooo
My MS Office is still there but Windows is totally different, all my desktop shortcuts are different, and all my tabss and favorites are gone. Maybe its a virus. I will have to check that out.

In the event you don't see me for a while its because this blankety blank computer is messing up!

Waiting on a call back from the Dr about my little toe.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

DOO....

Here Comes the Bride By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Cheryl...when I saw your new avi I thought maybe it was a daughter. You look awesome!! Love the color and style...wow what a change! I measured my hair today and ---tada--it's 2 1/4 inches long! Whoppeee!! Love your look!

Jeannie--gorgeous and such inspiration. I agree--when your mojo comes back it does so with a bang!

Denise---were there some default settings on that software revision? That may have screwed things up. Just an idea. Google tool bar really got mine one time and had to delete it. Who knows...?

JUst got home from work and need to finish up since I refuse to work Fridays.. remember-I'm spoiled!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

OMG, Cheryl! Love your new 'do! Great pic! and congrats on your weight loss...

Denise, I hope it isn't anything major with your computer!

Terry, glad your hair is growing back...

yeay...tomorrow is TGIF...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

Yes, I'm also glad to hear your hair is growing Terry. That has to be a great feeling!

Heard back from the Dr. No need to come in they can't do anything different than what I am already doing about a broken little toe. I continue to ice it, take Aleave, elevate it, and stay off it. So tired of limping already. Hope it hurries up and heals.

Finally got the silhouette software installed and the recover for the missing designs is complete. I've even figured out the new software enough to cut a few of the designs. Now if I can manage to get my files and photos back. Oh and now the computer won't let me upload photos from my camera. Sheesh. Technology - Can't live it and can't live without it!

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to rockmom

acu

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Katgurl72

Terry - so glad your hair is growing!!

JCI and hoping to work on some pages and cards today since it is supposed to be 95. I mean really we go from 60 degrees to 90 degress!! Nothing in between to enjoy. :-(

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good Morning! Just poppin in to say-will BBL to catch up

Thanks for the input regarding my coworker-I'm glad that I am not the only one who would feel put out

Jeannie-Yes-Carpe Diem's prices are going up to $6.95...thats who sent me the email. I'm gonna order one more batch before August-then that'll be it for me

Cheryl-you look fantastic!!! Congrats on the weight loss and hair cut!

I am l-o-v-i-n my Ipad! I even found some digi scrap apps yesterday =) SO glad I got this instead of a Kindle =)

Have a great weekend-will catch up on the love later

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Oh oh oh "digi scrap" apps for the Ipad? WHERE...I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked out CarpeDiem yesterday too and ended up with 13 new ones. But I got to wondering about that shipping and if it isn't a way to tack on more to their bank acct. But I realized even then they are cheaper than anywhere else.
And my epiphany with Copics: no matter how many you have you will always lack just the right color!

I'm really sorry about the toe Denise. That's a bummer! When I did mine, I wrapped 2 toes together with gauze & tape to stablize & protect it. Of course mine was done in the winter & with snow I had to have shoes on for work.

Grocery day, errand day, & I'm headed to the LSS too! All work & no play makes Terry terrible!

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to Abby0317

Denise - Awww... throw yourself into scrapping! Is the room almost back to rights now? Ugh... I hate it when the computer stops working right. I hope you get it sorted without issues! I'm glad you figured the new program out enough to get some new designs cut. I hope your little toe heals quickly!

Katy - Your LO is well deserving of the front page! It's awesome! I hope your dd finds a job soon. Best of luck to her.

Anna - hehe it does make my face itch at times, but I've gotten very good with just dabbing rather then scratching. I'm glad I'm getting the practice in on the PSE9 'cause I have a feeling I'm going to be using it a lot when I get to my baby albums! lol Have fun with your dd!

Jeannie - I actually was shown on tv a lot! At one point a loooong time ago, I was working as a hostess in a local restuarant and the regulars there used to have so much fun watching for me on tv during the games. I've been on pretty much every local sports station as well as cnn and espn and a few other teams local tv stations! lol That's awesome that your got your cpk doll at age 34! Do you still have her? I couldn't agree more about the police and first responders. It always seems like the things we need the most are the first things cut.

Mandi - Oh how cool that you have a daughter named Leandra! Years ago I was trying to come up with a name for a character in an MMO (large online game) and I came up with Leandra (I'd actually never heard of it or seen it so I thought I was original on it. lol). It's the name that my hubby and I have agreed on for our first girl should we have one. I bet you do have your hands full. That's quite a spread!

Cheryl - that's AWESOME about the weight loss! Your new haircut and you look fabulous!

Kylie - I'd love to know what She Art is as well! I love the 2 that you have posted so far though. You're doing a great job!

Terry - YAY for hair growth! I bet it feels good.

Donna - I'm so jealous of your IPad! lol That sounds like so much fun with the digi scrap apps. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I'm still sick. About to head back to bed and hope I'm feeling well enough to go to work tonight. ACU and off to sleep.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi everyone..I'm off to work some more at Mom and Dad's....just me and two brothers this time.....I'll let them do all the work...I'll supervise.
Be back here to get acu tomorrow or Sunday.
Meanwhile happy scrappin' or just have a good weekend.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Afternoon all!

Hot and sunny here....sure beats the cold and snow!

Cheryl, you look fabulous! You lost your weight faster than anybody I know! Good for you!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Spring By Anna C
My Husband My Friend By Anna C

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Hi ladies. Spent the day unpacking and digging the spots for my flower beds. Just got done vacuuming my whole house. (I love having wall to wall carpeting!LOL)

Teri~ Thanks! It is very rare.. How I came up with the name is kind of lame, but I love it. I was in 10th grade when I got pregnant for Leandra. Everyone basically stopped talking to me (that I was friends with) because I got pregnant. One girl who was a senior, who was one of the more "Popular" girls, befriended me, and her first name was Leandra, so I named my oldest daughter after her :-)

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72

• dodgercpkl Said:

Kylie - I'd love to know what She Art is as well! I love the 2 that you have posted so far though. You're doing a great job!

"she art" Is a mixed medium art form on canvas. It means pretty much anything goes and they call it "she art" because of the quotes you use on the canvas!

I hope that helps

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Katgurl72

All done with errands & groceries and now it's cleaning...then I can play! I found some awesome laces at the fabric store, gorgeous buttons for a revised jean jacket, and more printed fabric for the 3rd revision of the jewelry roll. Needs some contrast in the trim work. Hoping to finish it Sunday!

Mandy--I think the way you found dd's name is very sweet. Are you still friends with this girl? You should make a lo with a photo of your dd as a baby and now and then a photo of her namesake along with a little journaling about it.

Kylie--are the quote you use specific ones or do you get them at a specific place? Could you explain a little more about that. Sounds fun & fascinating!

Off to watch Flashpoint which Tivo is recording at the moment. Tomorrow....

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Terry- Awesome finds!! And yes!! I am :)We talk to each other once or twice a year, but we do still talk. I actually have done a layout about it (a while back) for my album, I am going to do one for Leandra's album soon!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi, that just goes to prove how far a little kindness can go. Your DDs namesake must be a special person.

Spent some time this afternoon scrappin. Didn't get very far but I do have a simple LO almost complete.

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to rockmom

Mandi - It is rare, but it's funny how much I seem to be seeing it popping up these days! Just in the last year or 2, I've now seen or heard of about 5-6 people named Leandra. That must have been so tough... I'm glad you had Leandra to support you! I think that's a pretty awesome way to choose a name. I'd love to see that LO that you did.

Kylie - very cool! That does help a lot! Thank you!

Terry - I love that idea of a LO with the original Leandra and dd Leandra! Sounds like you had fun shopping.

Denise - Glad to see your scrappin' mojo is working it's way back to you.

I haven't done any LO's the last couple of days, buuuuut... I did make a couple of cards last night. I'd love to know what you ladies think!

Thinking Of You - GMIL By Dodgercpkl

Wedding Card 06-03-11 By Dodgercpkl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

acu2h

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Not that I'm complaining about the weather but seriously--55 degrees on Thursday and 90 degrees today! Holy cow talk about body shock!
spent the day planting 10 patio pots with herbs, tomatoes, & peppers. We'll see...I have the infamous brown thumb but hubby does well with this.

Question: I have been searching hi & low for a Thickers type of alpha in WHITE that is a modern flowing cursive type font similar to Dear Lizzy or Rainboots. I can only find it in black. What would you crafty friends suggest? I though about a font in my computer cut out with my Silhouette out of grunge paper. Then (this is the ????) maybe color or paint each letter with puff paint and to get the glossy finish maybe a coat of Diamond Glaze. Any ideas? Does that sound feasible? Thanks in adv for any ideas!

Off to cook...more later!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Meant to say this too:
Teri--great cards. I love the apricot colored rose for a couple of reasons. First there's a real one called "Joey" that I lovvvveeee. Have you played with your "paint brush" in PSE9? That may help the flash white out. I've done some messing with that and it is time consuming for sure. Really tho both cards are gorgeous & I'm sure she'd love either.

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:

Kylie--are the quote you use specific ones or do you get them at a specific place? Could you explain a little more about that. Sounds fun & fascinating!

The quotes are what you wish for someone, or how you feel if you are making one for yourself. They can be anything you want them to be.

here is "she art" I made yesterday I'd like to share with you all.

She is still learning (She Art) By Katgurl72

Tfl xxx

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Katgurl72

awesome cards Teri!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Katgurl72

ACU2H

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

I swear Cheryl that everytime I see your new avi, I do a double take and remind myself it's Cheryl. Love the "new you"!!

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to Abby0317

here is what I made today.

She loves to Rock (She Art) By Katgurl72

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Katgurl72

Morning ladies! ACU2H

Cheryl, I'm with Terry...every time I see your new avi I have to look twice to make it is you! You rock girl!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Sorry Terry, I'm no help on the alphas question. What you suggested does sounds feasable but I've not used grunge, puff paint or diamond glaze - at least not is scrapping. I used puff paint years ago in other projects and I have read about each product but have no real-life experiece with them. Good luck with your project.

Still can't get a shoe on so I had to send DH to Ms to pick up some stamps I wanted. I found these tiny Studio G Alpha sets in the dollar bin last time I was there. I got one to see if they were worth the buck 'cause sometimes the stuff in the bins is low quality. These alpha stamps work really well and I wanted some other styles so I sent him before they were sold out. LOL Can you imagine sending a man to look for stamps? Hehehe. He called and asked where in the store the dollar bins were. I directed him to the bins and he exclaimed with surprise: "Aha! Here they are. Which one do you have?" LOL Well, the one I showed you before you left. "Oh yeh, okay. I'll get you one of each, Bye."

Gotta love that man.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Hi guys! Just drying off so I figured it was a good time to get acu.

I think I'm gonna start my son's gf's book next. Her birthday is in August and I'd like to have it done by then.

Blew a fuse Earlier today on my pool filter and freezer. I couldn't find the main breaker so will have to wait til the hubby gets home. I hope the food don't melt. We just did a big Sam's shop and the freezer is packed.

Terry-search the app store for scrapbooking. I bought one app for $5, it's ok. Would like it better if there were more embellies

Gonna go cook now. Have a great night!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

JCI before bedtime. My daughter and I went to Zumba and Zumba Toning this afternoon and boy by the end of those 2 hours you KNOW you have worked out!!

I uploaded 2 cards I made today and it said they were added to my gallery. I went to my gallery and they are not there. GRRR!!!! I will do try again tomorrow. off to bed now!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Well, I went back to my gallery and now my cards are showing up. WEIRD!!

Party Time By Cdjohnson

Fluttering by to say hi! By Cdjohnson

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to cdjohnson

acu

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Katgurl72

acu & off to bed!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

I definitely think that cutting letters and then painting or coloring them would work.. Another suggestion would be to use the ones in black, and then trace them with stickles?
  • Abby0317 Said:

Question: I have been searching hi & low for a Thickers type of alpha in WHITE that is a modern flowing cursive type font similar to Dear Lizzy or Rainboots. I can only find it in black. What would you crafty friends suggest? I though about a font in my computer cut out with my Silhouette out of grunge paper. Then (this is the ????) maybe color or paint each letter with puff paint and to get the glossy finish maybe a coat of Diamond Glaze. Any ideas? Does that sound feasible? Thanks in adv for any ideas!

Off to cook...more later!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Morning ladies. Catching up while I am having my coffee and then off to run my errands..

Grocery shopping, curtain shopping, to the post office and then off to look at some above ground pools!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

acu2h

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

That a cool idea Mandi--never thought of the stickles angle.
Off to exercise, doctor, work, & then sewing. I have the roll all finished except putting it together. So much to do so little time....

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Mandi..what a sweet namesake story. What an angel your friend is.
Thanks for the mojo comments ladies.
Terry I guess they don't make casts for baby toes...hope it heals really soon.
My 2 brothers and I got lots done this weekend..going back up next weekend but just for the day Saturday..then I am going to follow Katy home (she lives less than an hour away from our folks' home) and we are gonna scrap scrap scrap for 2 days.
Guess what I got...you'll all be so jealous...Vicki's bff just came back from London where she met up with our dear friend who sadly just moved back there..and Laura sent a present back with Lindsay.... a tray and two coffee cups and a trinket box with the happy wedding couple, Kate and WIlliam on them....WHAT shall I do with THOSE? love 'em. The funny thing is I had just come back from Mom and Dads determined that I shall start getting rid of a lot of STUFF and no collect so many THINGS so that when Jon and I are gone we won't leave behind so much STUFF for our kids to deal with...

Yes Teri I still have my cabbage patch doll Margo Andi.

I was leaving love.. but what happens sometimes is when I click on a layout it won't come up for about a minute which as you know is a helluva long time to wait...so since it is doing that now I will leave the rest of the love later.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Good grief, I hate computer issues!!! I' have mine semi-working but it won't let me put photos on it. I am using DH old computer without an external mouse and no photo editing capabilities. Hate it!

Monster Friends By Rockmom

I have added the ribbon to the boxes and will add a dark pink feather to the flower arrangements.
A Night in Paris lingere shower decor By Gearing Up for Playtime By Rockmom261459/-1.html" title="http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/412093/view /3 Gearing Up for Playtime By Rockmom261459/-1.html"Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI . . . has been a LONG day at work!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

So dang hot here! 105 yesterday and 105 again today. Still no rain. Radar showed it raining on us but it lied. No rain here just some teasing thunder. I am sooooo thankful for AC. Praying it makes it thru the summer.

Awww but it doesn't count if it was a gift Jeannie. Hoping one of my grandkids is interested in mineral specimens as I've got over 1500 pieces to leave behind. Courtney seems interested at the moment,she keeps asking me too "tell her the story about that rock again DeeDee." Only time will tell.

Edited by rockmom on 06-06-11 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Katgurl72
Governor
Katgurl72
In response to rockmom

acu

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Katgurl72

G'morning!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Good morning all!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Morning, hope everyone is well!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Nothing new to report on the Western front, except we have the rain that Denise desparately wants!
Jeannie--once my sibs & I went thru the stuff Mom gave each of us and got to the "collections" of hers we included the grandkids in the selecting & sorting. Mostly this was xmas ornaments, etc. At first they were reluctant but then the memories started and it meant more to them to select and take things. Mom had over 200 ornaments, several jewelry boxes full of costume stuff (remember that?), and at least 50 cookbooks. My point is everyone always worries about the big stuff but I think the fun is in the collections! My 2 are going to be surprised at mine. But I think I'm going to give them away before I die. Then I can watch the look on their faces---"oh god she gave me 100 snow babies--shiiiitttt!" LOL.....I'm onry like that.....

Time to exercise--blahhhh--my legs already are sore from yesterday's lunges.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, the bg pp in the monsters LO is from a Me and My Big Ideas value pp pad. I cut the blue, purple and green squares and added them to mimic a crossword puzzle.

Kylie I await your monster LO.

Jeannie, tell your DD to head to Hobby Lobby. They have Eifel towers in stock at the moment. Probably six or seven different styles. One is about 2 feet tall and hot pink! Another is covered in bling! There is also a heavy cast iron one. They are all awesome!! I almost got the pink one but it was more than I wanted to spend with all the other decor I was making.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

I've heard people talking about summer and warm and sun...can someone explain to me what that is>>>
also exercise????what is that exactly.
I know what a skunk is though and there is one in my garage..I am not going out there....laundry can wait. It does not smell good out there....
Terry, my dds have asked for a few items from Mom and Dad's. Really though it is the house itself all the grandkids want...they're all bummed...such good memories...there is a lake and a golf course and lots of trees and places to explore.
ANd yes I remember costume jewelry..that is pretty much all Mom had. And we did save some Christmas ornaments. Katy collects snow babies...but that is one thing my folks didn't collect...anyone want beanie babies??lol

I finally got to see Water for Elephants..read the book and loved it...loved the movie too.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

LOL A skunk! Not long after we moved to Texas a skunk got into our garage. It was a particularly hot and dry summer and the skunks were coming into the neighborhoods looking for food and water. The houses across the street from us backed an open field so we were prime real estate for them to invade. We had two cats and kept their food in the garage and the garage door cracked so they could come and go. I opened the door from the house into the garage go do some laundry and there it was feasting on cat food. I raised its head, looked me in the eye as if to say, "Yeh, so what if I'm eating the cat food. What ya gonna do about it?" Yikes! Back away slowly and close the door!

I called DH at work to come help me but he was embroiled in a project and couldn't. None of our neightbors were at home. Just me and the babies. He suggested I call the animal control officer for help. I did and he came. He wanted me to stand at the end of the driveway and observe where the skunk went after he used the garden hose to shoo it out of the garage. Any other way and the skunk would likely spray and the stuff in the garge would be... well stinky for life. No thanks.

The officer got the garden hose and started gently spraying water at the skunk and it ran out the garge, down the driveway and right between my legs. The officer had told me to stand very still. I must have been a sight standing there like a dummie with a skunk running between my legs.

Moral of the story, be behind the hose not at the end of the driveway! lol

Remind me to tell you the saga of the possum some time.... LOL

Edited by rockmom on 06-07-11 01:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Say Cheese By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

OH Terry that is such a funny story...I can just see you standing there..thank you for the lesson.
Dh came home a bit ago and went exploring in the garage....couldn't find anything but the smell has lessened because I left the back garage door open we have two..one opens on the back patio..previous owners had a boat. Our garage is very much a very crowded junky storage unit so finding something dead or alive in there is..uh.. difficult..we once found a dead rat in the spokes of a seldom used 10 speed.
Looking forward to the possum story.
Youngest dd got a nose piercing yesterday....something her parents were dead set against....stay tuned to this spot for further developments. Daddy hasn't seen it yet...Mommy blew up. She is 21 though sooooo.....

Did any of us receive a twitter of Weiners weiner from him???? ok sorry that was bad. Let's see if the SB censor censors..
OH it didn't. lol

And here is my latest lo.
Relax By Dollscrap

Edited by dollscrap on 06-07-11 12:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics