Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: VCW #234 - Riding out the storms in our scrappy place!        (Topic#1563489)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.
And we miss some of our old friends too!!!!

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

bumping this cause it's such great news!

• Kimberly Rae Said:
David got the job at Sears Home and Garden!!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • leebla Said:
printing and printing.............

Okay, Elizabeth...I have a question.

We have a color printer now. I was excited at first, because it meant I could print my pictures in the sizes I wanted, WHEN I wanted them, without waiting to order them and get them back. (I refuse to do the one-hour printing thing - tooooooo expensive.)

But I'm also hesitant to get into printing my own, just because of all the ink it would use.

Have you done any kind of cost comparison to see how the two methods compare price-wise?

depending on which printer I'm using and how many times I expected to be driving to and from the store to have them redone because i do not like the way they were printed, it's about the same for me. Ususally it works out to be about 25 cents a 4x6 sheet, and that give me the ability to print as small as 24 1x1 inch photos per sheet if necessary.

Once a long time ago I figured it out, and for me it was, but there are a lot of factors.

First off....if I have a coupon to get say 150 prints for $15 and I can come up with 150 4 x 6's I want printed....I do it. No bones about it, can't beat that.

However, here's all my factors, you weigh them to your situation. I think it depends highly on your brand of printer/ink.

I use Epson pretty much exclusively. My printer has 6 seperate cartridges so if the yellow runs out, I only change that. If yours has one tri-color cartridge, save it for special situations.

As ink cartridges go, Epson are amongst the cheapest, but best quality. I frequently buy direct from Epson, I actually get the best price on it, and if you buy 3, the shipping is free, so that comes right out of your cost equation. Also, I usually have it the next day, 2 days max, so unless I am really pinched, there's no gas or driving. If I'm not getting it from Epson, I usually get it at Staples. For my old printer Sam's Club carried the ink. Saved a bundle on that.

Liz and I both recycle our ink cartridges at Staples. We get $2/cartridge store credit. I almost always put mine toward ink or paper. Office Max has a similar program.

It also depends on your photo paper. Here I am a snob. I use Epson paper almost exclusively. For me I am the happiest with the prints. If I use anything else, I actually use Staples brand. I've had good enough results with it to suspect it possibly comes from Epson. Although the jury is currently out on a box of Staples photo supreme satin paper I opened yesterday. Not sure i'm liking it.

I watch for sales. Staples does buy one get one free, or half-price sales a couple times a year. When that happens I go buy 8, 10, 12 boxes at a time. If they do the sale as a "rewards rebate" I then use the rebate to buy more paper.

Epson also has sales on photo paper on their website, and shipping is often free on that too, especially if I order it at the same time as the ink.

Now, take my current batch of prints. I think I'm at close to 200 prints. If they had all been 4 x 6, nope, probably wouldn't have been worth it.
But I printed 14 8 x 10 pictures, and probably 25-30 5 x 7 pictures, and then about 8 pages that had 9 different wallet prints on them....
I also printed some in 3 x 5

I don't have any idea what photo centers charge for those sizes anymore, but I'm betting I make out there.

I can tell you that with all of those pictures, I think I changed one complete round of ink cartridges, BUT at different times, so that's not saying what I printed before that, and I'm certainly not emptying them. 6x$19= 114

rounding UP on the paper
4 x 6 = 2 x 9.50 = 14.25

8.5 x 11 = 2 x 15 = 30

so $162 all told

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh, a word on Epson.com.....

I don't ever pay extra for special shipping.
The standard shipping is free, and it is almost always here the next day anyway. Occasionally it's taken 2 days for paper.

And a word on Staples....there is a significant difference in price on their ink online and at my local store, especially if you buy multiples. It also comes almost overnight.

Edited by leebla on 08-27-11 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I generally only buy my ink when Epson has a 15% off sale, too. And if I need specialty paper, I wait for the 40% paper sale. Last time I ordered, I got 200 sheets of 13x19 paper for $40.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

you're right, when I ordered my 8.5 x 11 it was 40% off so really it was 18, for the 2 packs

and truthfully, the multipack of colored ink is cheaper, and I didn't deduct the $2 we get from Staples, which is why I have haven't recalculated it in a long time, cause I just spent the last hour doing this, looking up others prices, and actually counting my pictures, and looking at my printer to see that I didn't use nearly a full round of ink.....

curse you Jenni!!!

Edited by leebla on 08-27-11 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

I have to go to the laundromat to wash several large items today. Everything will take forever to dry since it is humid.

Then I'm going to my mom's to remove her very extensive collection of pigs from the wall in the room that will be mine when I move in with her next month.

I've been selling some of Barry's fishing, motorcycle, eagle collectibles on Ebay. Mom wants me to sell some of her pigs that way too.

Elizabeth since you sell on Ebay you may know this, can I make another user name on Ebay (this little piggy), keep the one I already have (kinderjoy) and use the same email address for both?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to NMlady

Congratulations to David, Kim. That's exciting.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to foltzy

dang elizabeth
i jus post on the other tread LOL
anyway i post that you always made my day from
your post i was LOL about all the pics and then no ink

i said hi to jane and jenni
i told jenni i LOVE her avatar,and i told my dd terie i need to comb my hair throw on some makeup
and take a pic she LOL 2

and i congrats someone on her dh getting a job, i have not met her yet i am the newbie
and then i post that i was at evilbay and won some ink stamps
so that it and i am not doing anything beside cooking taco today
we love taco here....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to tealbrand

Still waiting for Irene to show up. Sky has been overcast all day. Saw a little wind earlier, but other than that...nothing.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

We got pretty much the same thing Liz. It's suppose to hit tonight and last through part of tomorrow.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

woke up to thunder at 3 am and it's been raining since. still not much wind.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

we even have clouds swirling here.

report says it hit NJ at 5:35 am so you'll see her soon

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hubby took me to the store last night and got me the ink I needed on our way home from seeing Drew, Mel, and Karson!!!!

What a great evening

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

oh she has been here for hours.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Back to happily printing

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

apparently my hubby has decided that partly cloudy and 74 is a "not very nice day", so we are staying home so he can work on the basement.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

he can come here and i can show him what a "not a nice day" looks like!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Whheeeee....clear up to just past Jamie's first birthday has been sent to the printer!

Now I just need to get it all in the power layout boxes with papers and embellishments and I will be soooo happy!

I have just under two weeks until a weekend crop.

I told Bill last night I didn't think Cindy was going to want to go to Chicago this year and I was really going to miss going and he told me I should go by myself! Wow!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Weeeeee!!!

I also found the top of my desk!!!!!

Now I think I can set my Wishblade up over here until I get my scrappy room done and I can cut titles as I go for my Power Layouting!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to leebla

Yay Elizabeth! Sounds like you're getting a lot done!

I finished a card and a layout yesterday:

Steven King's house By DesiLee

Unicorn Birthday Card By DesiLee

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DesiLee

So, while chatting with Elizabeth earlier this morning (like we do most mornings) I mentioned feeling a bit scrapped out, since I finished a 40-ish page 7x7 album and had 40 something pages of my Minneapolis trip album done. When she told me to take a break, I said "I'm on page 46 now, when I hit 50, I'll do that."

That was over four hours ago and I just started page 50!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I love the card, Desi!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Thanks Liz!

You girls amaze me with how many layouts you get finished. I think I've only made two two pagers this year. I gotta get better organized. I used the power layout system that you guys use at the last crop that I went to and I got a lot finished, maybe I should just power layout everything. I'm trying to get my Maine trip scrapbooked now.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DesiLee

Power layouting is the key. The 7x7 album was also very simple... mostly 4x6 photos with a white border and then all the journalling on white presentation cardstock in black ink for consistancy. I pounded that out in well under 12 hours (not sure of the exact time as I think I started it while I was still trip lagged on Monday and I know that I was still glueing stuff down Wednesday morning before the presentation I needed it for! I also had to work and do other stuff in between Monday night and Wednesday at 6a when I finished it)

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
you're right, when I ordered my 8.5 x 11 it was 40% off so really it was 18, for the 2 packs

and truthfully, the multipack of colored ink is cheaper, and I didn't deduct the $2 we get from Staples, which is why I have haven't recalculated it in a long time, cause I just spent the last hour doing this, looking up others prices, and actually counting my pictures, and looking at my printer to see that I didn't use nearly a full round of ink.....

curse you Jenni!!!

Well, I appreciate it greatly because it really DID help answer the question I had. THANK YOU!!! (Thank you, too, OtherLiz.)

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

Glad to see people checking in from Irene.

I've about decided it's time to make a maiden voyage to Stapes. (I have a reward card there.) (Well, actually, I have one at Office Depot, too, come to think of it...) Anyhow, time for some paper and an initial round of ink cartridges to get started.

Our printer is a Canon. I just checked, and it does have individual color cartridges. I noticed it has both Cyan AND "photo cyan." Same for magenta and "photo magenta." Anyone know what the difference is? And does this mean I'm stuck with Canon cartridges? Or will Epson work?

MEL - thanks for the compliment on my avi.

JOY - had to laugh at the comment about it being humid. I thought, "She lives in NEW MEXICO!!!!"

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
So, while chatting with Elizabeth earlier this morning (like we do most mornings) I mentioned feeling a bit scrapped out, since I finished a 40-ish page 7x7 album and had 40 something pages of my Minneapolis trip album done. When she told me to take a break, I said "I'm on page 46 now, when I hit 50, I'll do that."

That was over four hours ago and I just started page 50!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Ethan Story:

After church and lunch, Kim came over and got the neighbor girl, Sammie, to go back to play with Ethan at their house for awhile. While all the grownups were standing around, the kids mentioned that they had kissed "the other day." (I'm assuming yesterday when Sammie was over here.)

Jim asked Ethan, "You kissed her?"

Ethan just turned around to his Num-Num and gave a thumbs-up.

I thought I was going to absolutely lose it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

I've about decided it's time to make a maiden voyage to Stapes. (I have a reward card there.) (Well, actually, I have one at Office Depot, too, come to think of it...) Anyhow, time for some paper and an initial round of ink cartridges to get started.

Our printer is a Canon. I just checked, and it does have individual color cartridges. I noticed it has both Cyan AND "photo cyan." Same for magenta and "photo magenta." Anyone know what the difference is? And does this mean I'm stuck with Canon cartridges? Or will Epson work?

JOY - had to laugh at the comment about it being humid. I thought, "She lives in NEW MEXICO!!!!"

nope, you're stuck with canon ink cartridges. Sometimes you can find an off brand, but my luck has not been good with those.
I'm not familiar with their printers so I can't really tell you for sure the difference. If you know your model number, you could look it up. Not sure if it's a different color or different sheen. I would imagine you need one of each. If you get your first round at the store, then later if you decide to keep printing, check the store websites and Canon's.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Ethan Story:

After church and lunch, Kim came over and got the neighbor girl, Sammie, to go back to play with Ethan at their house for awhile. While all the grownups were standing around, the kids mentioned that they had kissed "the other day." (I'm assuming yesterday when Sammie was over here.)

Jim asked Ethan, "You kissed her?"

Ethan just turned around to his Num-Num and gave a thumbs-up.

I thought I was going to absolutely lose it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Yes, I second Liz...Power layouting is the key, even if we each do it a little differently.
I think if I sat and agonized over each layout as I was doing it, I'd never get them done. But I look at the pictures, figure out what paper I want, get a "sort-of" layout in my head, pick the embellishments and coordinating papers. Sometimes I make a sketch, sometimes I make notes, today I actually used a couple of post it notes and "taped" the pictures in the layout I wanted.

And then into the layout box it goes.
Then when I am sitting down to crop, I pull it out, lay it out in front of me. Sometimes I go with my initial idea, sometimes something else comes to me. I think it's helped me "embrace imperfection".

I've been known to pull a layout out of the box, realize it's not working, or I'm just not feeling it, then tuck it back in the box further down and try it again later. Sometimes I have to go back and pick different embellies or something, sometimes it just clicks for me.

The first time I went to Chicago for a weekend of cropping I took half my dang scrap cubby with me, it was insane. At most crops you wouldn't have that much space...with my PLO box, everything is in there. Then I keep a bag or a box off to the side to collect the extra embellishments as I go along. Sometimes I use them on other pages.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Cute story.

Had corn on the cob with margarine. Almost not worth eating without the real butter. Just saying.

I don't buy butter because I love it and eat it. (not the same with margarine - I tolerate it)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

some printers have a "photo" cart of different colors. The big pro Epson I used to work on had a "photo black" and a matte black. One is made for printing on regular papers and one is made for photo papers.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to corrie fan

also gives me a chance to review my pictures and realized I didn't print the one I wanted to compliment this bigger one. I'd have been mad if I'd been at a crop and realized that.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

well, I have a power layout box just over a half full. I have no idea how many layouts that entails, but of coarse now that i said that, I'll have to go back and count them, you know I will. Stupid OCD. And the worst/best part is.....
I'm only up to 2 1/2 months! LOL

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay whew....not as bad as I thought....only 21....think I just didn't do as good a job at evenly distributing the stuff in the box.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Yes, I second Liz...Power layouting is the key, even if we each do it a little differently.
I think if I sat and agonized over each layout as I was doing it, I'd never get them done. But I look at the pictures, figure out what paper I want, get a "sort-of" layout in my head, pick the embellishments and coordinating papers. Sometimes I make a sketch, sometimes I make notes, today I actually used a couple of post it notes and "taped" the pictures in the layout I wanted.

And then into the layout box it goes.
Then when I am sitting down to crop, I pull it out, lay it out in front of me. Sometimes I go with my initial idea, sometimes something else comes to me. I think it's helped me "embrace imperfection".

I've been known to pull a layout out of the box, realize it's not working, or I'm just not feeling it, then tuck it back in the box further down and try it again later. Sometimes I have to go back and pick different embellies or something, sometimes it just clicks for me.

The first time I went to Chicago for a weekend of cropping I took half my dang scrap cubby with me, it was insane. At most crops you wouldn't have that much space...with my PLO box, everything is in there. Then I keep a bag or a box off to the side to collect the extra embellishments as I go along. Sometimes I use them on other pages.

I pretty much do that, too. Except I've made a bunch of oversized hanging file folders (like Vivian showed us once) so I put stuff in those for working here at home. Then if I'm going cropping, I just pull it out of the files and put it in my box to take.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

some printers have a "photo" cart of different colors. The big pro Epson I used to work on had a "photo black" and a matte black. One is made for printing on regular papers and one is made for photo papers.

That helps! Thanks!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

okay here it is...
long awaited, probably not much anticipated...lol

My Vermont "not so mini" album

This is only the link to the front cover. If you want to see the whole thing, scroll on through....
and warning, it is uploaded in complete reverse order so you gotta go the other way!!!!!!

Vermont "not so mini" album - cover By Leebla

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

I love your not-so-mini album. Is it 6x12?

Wonderful paper kit you used. Are the covers chipboard? Are the pages just pp or 2 layers of pp?

I checked it out at noon but can't respond at work (don't know my login info )

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• corrie fan Said:
I love your not-so-mini album. Is it 6x12?

Wonderful paper kit you used. Are the covers chipboard? Are the pages just pp or 2 layers of pp?

I checked it out at noon but can't respond at work (don't know my login info )

Shoot forgot to mark that!
Yes, it is 6 x 12. There are 5 pieces of chipboard. Some of the inner pages and all of the flaps and interactive things are cardstock. The Simple Stories Destinations is all 2 sided.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

So that paper is nice and sturdy enough to hold the photos using one layer only?

I really liked the interactive pages, the mini tabs and pages, the patterned paper.

Very nice indeed. I think I like that size

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

I've been trying out another group since this one is so quiet typically. (No offense to those who are here...it's the ones who aren't here that make it quiet.)

The other group is busy...and they've been rather kind to this newbie in their midst...but it's just not a good fit. I don't have enough in common with them.

Which makes me ever-so-glad again that I found this little corner of sb.com when I first got here. This is my family, even as we come and go. But it also makes me sad that we've had so many who have gotten busy and gone their own ways.

I miss my family.

And now I'll go pout someplace else...probably in bed, since Ethan's here tonight and I have to get him headed to bed really soon.

For those of you who ARE here.... :group hug: I love you all.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to c-leaper

Nice to see you Jenni!

I don't post a whole lot here. Unlike Liz and Elizabeth, I don't scrap much - I just buy and think about it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

holy cow....

I don't watch dancing With the Stars....

but I just heard the new lineup for this year...

I might actually watch

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Welcome back Jenni

Thanks for your comments Jane!

Right now scrapping is keeping me sane. Maybe grounded in real life a little.

Tomorrow I take my grandmother back to the pulmonologist (which I'm not much worried about) and the oncologist (which I am not eager for).
You know, when they diagnosed her they said 6 months. It's been almost 6 months. I accepted that....resigned myself to it. When she went in 3 months ago there was no growth in her tumor. I can see some increased shortness of breath, and some other minor things. Tomorrow she has another CAT scan and they'll tell us where things are. But it feels like March all over again.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

It can be draining all this anticipation, hoping, and dealing with illness. She's lucky to have you.

That's probably why she's still going strong.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Thanks Jane. It's just not a fun roller coaster ride to be on.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Been there with my dad and as support to my aunt with my grandmother (grandmother wasn't cancer though).

There is no easy way to deal with it. We just do.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

will see this tues

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• corrie fan Said:
Been there with my dad and as support to my aunt with my grandmother (grandmother wasn't cancer though).

yep, I know. And I will. Just the night before I get edgy. I think I will go crawl in bed and push the dog away from Bill and fight my way in next to him to hide for a few hours. Talk to you tomorrow.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:

will see this tues

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • tealbrand Said:

will see this tues

ditto.

Night.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
holy cow....

I might actually watch

That's funny, because I just checked the line-up and can honestly say I'll probably skip this season. I mean, almost EVERY season I think, "I'm not really into this, I'm not going to spend time on it." But then they'll have one or two that pique my interest, and once I start watching, I'm hooked for the whole season. But this time I seriously don't care about any of them (and haven't even heard of most of them).

So now I'm curious...which one(s) have your interest enough to make you watch?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Welcome back Jenni

Thanks for your comments Jane!

Right now scrapping is keeping me sane. Maybe grounded in real life a little.

Tomorrow I take my grandmother back to the pulmonologist (which I'm not much worried about) and the oncologist (which I am not eager for).
You know, when they diagnosed her they said 6 months. It's been almost 6 months. I accepted that....resigned myself to it. When she went in 3 months ago there was no growth in her tumor. I can see some increased shortness of breath, and some other minor things. Tomorrow she has another CAT scan and they'll tell us where things are. But it feels like March all over again.

I often think the oncologists give you a worst-possible time frame, just so anything beyond that you'll treat as an extra gift. I've known way too many people who have lasted longer than they were supposed to, and the doctors couldn't have been THAT wrong about THAT many of them.

And thanks for the welcome back. I never really LEFT, other than earlier this summer when I took a break from almost everything here on sb.com. I was just looking around for someplace a little busier, kind of like this place was a couple years ago, when you could find someone here online almost any time of day or night.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for keeping the home fires burning.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• corrie fan Said:

Been there with my mom. And no, it's not fun. You just get through it one day at a time.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Kim got five teeth filled today, so we have Ethan tonight.

I was trying to get him to bed this evening when my brother called. A cousin (actually my mom's 1st cousin) died over the weekend. No definite cause of death as far as my brother knew, but this cousin had a long history of drug use and Rusty did say that her house had been cordoned off with police tape.

So now Kim & I are going to make a flying trip to Evansville (in the very SW tip of Indiana) Wednesday for the viewing. I can't go Thursday for the funeral - I'm scheduled to work ALL day that day, and work has been scarce for the past two months, so I really can't turn it down.

Ah, life. It's never convenient.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to c-leaper

I don't really get much of anywhere at the moment.

It's week 2 of classes and I had a 2 page paper due today for my one class. Another assignment due for the same class on Thursday and 1 assignment due on Friday for my other class. I'm only taking 2 this semester.

Plus tomorrow I have to go into work and work for 8 hours and then Wednesday I have to go to Geoff's orientation and then go to the orientation for my center. Then we'll throw in Micayla's dance which starts next week and her cheerleading which she just had her first game and did great.

I'm glad you are all here though when I do find a moment to stop in and wave and run. Love you guys.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to foltzy

Hi Ladies.... haven't scrapped much this week yet.... David got the job at Sears and wouldn't you know it Apple Computer has asked him to go for an interview.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

I was trying to get him to bed this evening when my brother called. A cousin (actually my mom's 1st cousin) died over the weekend. No definite cause of death as far as my brother knew, but this cousin had a long history of drug use and Rusty did say that her house had been cordoned off with police tape.

So now Kim & I are going to make a flying trip to Evansville (in the very SW tip of Indiana) Wednesday for the viewing. I can't go Thursday for the funeral - I'm scheduled to work ALL day that day, and work has been scarce for the past two months, so I really can't turn it down.

Were you close to this person or her family? I guess I think differently but I wouldn't make a trip for a relative that was that distant unless I had a special relationship with them. I've never meet any of my mom's cousins (don't even know how many brother and sisters her parents had.
But then we also didn't have any kind of service for Barry.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
holy cow....

I might actually watch

I'm going to attempt to watch it this season.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:
holy cow....

I might actually watch

I'm going to attempt to watch it this season.

Nancy Grace right?
I'm curious about Chaz Bono. I've seen so many interviews with him. He said he loves to dance, I wanna see it.
Ricki Lake and Carson Kressley.
Funny because I actually know who the majority of them are. I don't care about most of them. Last year the only one I routed for was Hines Ward.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Were you close to this person or her family? I guess I think differently but I wouldn't make a trip for a relative that was that distant unless I had a special relationship with them. I've never meet any of my mom's cousins (don't even know how many brother and sisters her parents had.
But then we also didn't have any kind of service for Barry.

Because of age and distance, we were never really that close. But this cousin's mom is one of my favorite great-aunts, and I'm going for her sake.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Ricki Lake and Carson Kressley.
Funny because I actually know who the majority of them are. I don't care about most of them. Last year the only one I routed for was Hines Ward.

Last time I was pulling for Ralph Macchio and Kirstie Alley. (If someone's over 50 or heavy by Hwood standards, that makes them my kind of person.) This time, the ONLY one I'm semi-interested in is Carson, just because I think he'd be a hoot to work with. (I'm curious to see who his partner turns out to be.) But yeah, other than him, the rest of them just left me kinda "meh."

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

know what you mean
i try it not butter and it was not butter
jenni ss about your mom cousin,have a safe trip!
life is never conveniend
liz hope you be able to slow down some!
kim that how it goes get a job and every job open up

still making cards today and waiting on happy maIL
anyone get making memories email on the warehouse
store they selling slice card for $20.00 buck and other great deal,i got 8 cards from cc that was really cheap and a couple of cards they are not going to sale so i might do a 20 buck instead of $30 and $40 unless i stay up and try to get one on evilbay
i try one time to watch that show i think that when marie that singer fell because she could dance and her brother got mad anyway i do crime shows and vampires movie true blood
jci will cbl

Edited by tealbrand on 08-30-11 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

finally home
no real news
no real changes

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to tealbrand

• tealbrand Said:

know what you mean
i try it not butter and it was not butter
jenni ss about your mom cousin,have a safe trip!
life is never conveniend
liz hope you be able to slow down some!
kim that how it goes get a job and every job open up

still making cards today and waiting on happy maIL
anyone get making memories email on the warehouse
store they selling slice card for $20.00 buck and other great deal,i got 8 cards from cc that was really cheap and a couple of cards they are not going to sale so i might do a 20 buck instead of $30 and $40 unless i stay up and try to get one on evilbay
i try one time to watch that show i think that when marie that singer fell because she could dance and her brother got mad anyway i do crime shows and vampires movie true blood
jci will cbl

Slice cards? $20? *whimper* Must check this out.

Just got back from running some errands, including a stop at Staples to get photo paper. I went with Canon this time (tho' I did LOOK at the Epson, Elizabeth), partially because that's what my printer is and partially because it was less expensive. Got a box of 50 sheets for $10...then got to the check out and it was half-off. Got 50 sheets for $5 and some change (for tax). Happy camper! Now I just have to finish my typing work so I can play and print pictures tonight.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
finally home
no real news
no real changes

Is "no changes" good or not-so-good?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

um....okay....I think

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh sorry Jenni...should have hit refresh first

no changes means....she had a new CAT scan this morning and one spot is a little bigger and one is a little smaller and no, nothing is any different with her.

And in reality...the oncologist said it is growing sooo slowly, if at all, that there is no sense in him even seeing her. So he turned her over to the pulmonologist. Which is probably an okay thing cause I really don't like the oncologist. He's got the bedside manner of a toad.
The pulmonologist is very thorough and very patient.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Slice cards? $20? *whimper* Must check this out.

Just got back from running some errands, including a stop at Staples to get photo paper. I went with Canon this time (tho' I did LOOK at the Epson, Elizabeth), partially because that's what my printer is and partially because it was less expensive. Got a box of 50 sheets for $10...then got to the check out and it was half-off. Got 50 sheets for $5 and some change (for tax). Happy camper! Now I just have to finish my typing work so I can play and print pictures tonight.

Good deal Jenni....at $5 I might have given Canon a shot. But I've just been very happy with the results from the Epson paper. I told you though, I'm a confessed paper snob. Some people use a particular brand of ketchup, I like my paper....LOL

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

There's nothing wrong with being a snob if you know what you like.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to BlingQueenRia

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Some days are just like that.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to leebla

Finally got some electricity i am so happy it took forever.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to babigirl

Welcome back, ShaSha.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Anyone that stops by tomorrow, please say a prayer for me and anyone I have to cross paths with.

Between Kim have having a stress overload this evening (internship mentor changed her schedule for the rest of this week, so now she doesn't have the big block of homework time on Thursday that she was counting on) (she's still hurting from the dentist yesterday) (Ethan was cranky this evening and stubborn about not doing his homework) (she didn't eat supper until 10 p.m., and that was ony because I took her some)....

Plans for traveling to a funeral viewing tomorrow are being much more difficult than necessary (me, Kim & my sis Amy had our plans all set, then Dad decided he's also coming up from TN and wants to meet us for lunch before going to the funeral home, which put our whole schedule in knots) (and I was the point person trying to coordinate everyone)........

Trying to catch up with a friend and get her garage door opener and instructions for watering her tomato plants while she & her hubby are gone next week........

Hubby wanting to watch a movie with me......

I was so ready to run away earlier this evening.

So pray for me tomorrow, that things are better and smoother and I just get through it.

Thanks!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

I am still surrounded by the Box Brigade here, but I am slowly fighting back. I have gotten about a dozen boxes unpacked and out of here since Sunday. Max has been being his usual mischievous self, and his incognito bit isn't working when he is wearing a collar with a bell around his neck. Everything else is going swimmingly.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay, Bill finally moved my cabinets to the other end of the basement, so now I need to make some serious headway working on them. they need cleaned up, and then I need to start the refinishing process.

if I can make some headway on that it would be a very good thing. Right now I am battling some pain issues and I need to get past them and do something.

I also should probably take advantage of the cooler weather and go out and clean up my porch and start getting it set up again. One of the neighbors and I are going to try one more time to do a garage sale. A lot of what doesn't go out in that, will go straight in a box and go to Goodwill. And some more of it will go on ebay. Very little of it will come back into my house.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

Maria - BEAT the Boxes! BEAT the Boxes!

Elizabeth - make that NONE of it will go back in your house.....

This morning I have an even greater-than-usual appreciation for you with your daily pain issues, mostly because mine seem to be in full bloom today. Knees? Yep. Hips? Yep. Shoulder? Yep. Feet? Yep. All present & accounted for.

Okay...Liz and Elizabeth...I did some home photo printing last night and I can see the ink lines on the paper. I'm guessing that something about aligning the printer will help with that?

The colors also are off. One picture in particular printed very "blue" compared to the actual shot. Any suggestions?

Off now to head to the funeral home and lunch with Dad. At least I'll have a nice ride down and back with two of my favorite ladies. (Kim & my sister)

See you tonight!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, when you print, most printers let you set the quality of your print. If I forget to change mine to photo quality, I get lines and weird colors. Something to check.

Sometimes you also have to calibrate your monitor, or at least pay attention to any consistant differences. My pictures tend to print a little darker than they appear on my desktop monitor. So to compensate, I edit them a little lighter than I want them. Because I haven't taken the time to calibrate it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I'm okay with most of it not coming back in the house Jenni, but a lot of my finished crafts are out there. And I have way too much time and energy in those to throw them out without trying to get them on ebay or find a craft show somewhere to do.

And there are some large pieces of fabric and other craft supplies that I am not cool with throwing away or giving away. Some I am, but some I am not.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

keep in mind though that my goal is to actually sell it all because the more I sell, the more i have to spend on new scrappy stuff or stuff for my room

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Maria - BEAT the Boxes! BEAT the Boxes!

I have been! I have a living room and my kitchen is slowly coming together. My scrap area is needing some more attention, though. I had to go explain to my downstairs neighbor that I did not own a pony or a small horse up here, just a cat. Max has been galloping through the house like a horse.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Good deal Jenni....at $5 I might have given Canon a shot. But I've just been very happy with the results from the Epson paper. I told you though, I'm a confessed paper snob. Some people use a particular brand of ketchup, I like my paper....LOL

And I like to match things up. HP paper in an HP printer, Canon paper in a Canon printer, etc. From what I understand from going to trainings for various printer companies, their papers are specially formulated to "go" with their printers. Kodak is universal, though, and I use either HP in my HP printer or Kodak.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to tealbrand

Wanted By Leebla

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Left you some love.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

That's cute Elizabeth.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Jenni, when you print, most printers let you set the quality of your print. If I forget to change mine to photo quality, I get lines and weird colors. Something to check.

Sometimes you also have to calibrate your monitor, or at least pay attention to any consistant differences. My pictures tend to print a little darker than they appear on my desktop monitor. So to compensate, I edit them a little lighter than I want them. Because I haven't taken the time to calibrate it.

Thank you - that helps.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
keep in mind though that my goal is to actually sell it all because the more I sell, the more i have to spend on new scrappy stuff or stuff for my room

LOL!! I love your priorities.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • leebla Said:

And I like to match things up. HP paper in an HP printer, Canon paper in a Canon printer, etc. From what I understand from going to trainings for various printer companies, their papers are specially formulated to "go" with their printers. Kodak is universal, though, and I use either HP in my HP printer or Kodak.

Also good to know. Thanks, Ria!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of Slice Design Cards - old and new?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of Slice Design Cards - old and new?

I came across this list, I don't know if it's got everything you want on it, but here it is:

'Tis the Season Design Card

Animal Crackers Design Card

Animal Frenzy Layered Design Card

Aviary Design Card

Baby Design Card

Basic Elements Design Card

Basic Shapes 1 Design Card

Basic Shapes 2 Design Card

Basic Shapes 2 with MS+ Design Card

Basic Shapes 3 Design Card

Basic Shapes 3 with MS+ Design Card

Big Kids Design Card

Bon Appetit Design Card

Calendar Design Card

Dance & Music Design Card

Fa La La Design Card

Faith Design Card

Fall/Back To School Design Card

Farm Life Design Card

Fonts Design Card

Funkadelic Font Design Card

Handwritten Fonts Design Card

Happy Trails Design Card

Hodge Podge Fonts Design Card

Home Sweet Home Design Card

Jungle Design Card

Just Chillin Design Card

Mistletoe Design Card

Mix & Mingle Design Card

Noel Design Card

Noteworthy Design Card

Noteworthy with MS+ Design Card

Nursery Rhymes Design Card

Paper Reverie Design Card

Parties Design Card

Paws & Claws Design Card

Playground Fonts Design Card

Playtime Layering Design Card

Remember This Design Card

Sock Hop Fonts Design Card

Spellbound Design Card

Spook Alley Design Card

Sports Design Card

Spring Design Card

Spring Has Sprung Layered Design Card

Studio Essentials Design Card

Summer Design Card

Tag Maker Design Card

The Great Outdoors

Think Pink Design Card

Toil & Trouble Design Card

Travel International Design Card

Travel USA Design Card

Turkey Daze Design Card

Under the Sea Design Card

Vintage Findings Design Card

Wedding Design Card

Wedding with MS+ Design Card

Words & Expressions Design Card

Words & Expressions Family Design Card

Words & Expressions Holidays Design Card

Zootopia Design Card

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

wow

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

omg...I just heard Mickey Mouse say "if you just sit around all day, you won't ever have the energy to do anything"

really?

do I have to hear that from Jamie's cartoons?

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to leebla

jennie they have a new card that come out in i think nov it a card for little kids!

jenni are you back from your trip i send prayer for a safe trip and a nice time with familys!

maria you be finish in no time!

elizabeth that was a cute page,love the pic and great title!

new page i did today swim By Tealbrand

making cards friday period!
bbl

shasha

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics