Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: September New Layouts        (Topic#1580263)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Welcome to the September edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Terry for hosting August!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

October...Cheryl
November...Cathe
December ...

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

For those of you who want to do a sketch...this a a Pagemaps sketch from January

January Pagemaps Sketch By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!! Can't believe tomorrow starts September and it was 80 degrees when I got up this morning. Just to darn warm!! I am feeling a little more human today but still did not go to work. Cleaning and scrapping for me today. What else is there?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I'm in for another round in September!

Who cares that MTV has cancelled Jersey Shores????I can't believe how much coverage this is getting!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Enabler alert: JoAnn's has free shipping through Saturday for orders over $25!! Promotion code is HHA245. I just put my order in for some DCWV solid cardstocks which are $20/pad for $7.99/pad 2 of those, 2 embossing powders, and 2 Tim Holtz ink pads at $2.99 each. Now if it will just hurry up and get here!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks Donna for doing September! Love your sketch too....I will try to get at least a digi done with it!

Anna--isn't it ridiculous? All those kids behaving not only badly but outrageously bad and getting paid for it. Let's see the major wake-up call now! And that poor baby who's mom is the party girl! Jeez...

DH decided to make this a 4 day weekend and he wants to put down the wood flooring in the dining room this weekend. I've got to work---I'm behind and I have a deadline.

And here's a kicker...oldest son who live 174 miles north (that's $100 gas bill) wants me to come up 1 day and babysit that night so him & wifey (who hates me) can go to the Monday night Seahawks game. Really??? I just had their 2 for 4 days so they could go to MN and house hunt. HMMMMM...mom's being a meanie cuz I said NO.

I just had to do a small rant cuz I can't believe he asked me that!
Off to work--everyone have a great Friday!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Donna I now have that See Yooouuu in Septemberrrr song stuck in my head.Thanks a lot.
It's a small world after all.....hahahaha. take THAT!!!
Thanks for hosting.

Terry..the Nerve!! glad you said no. 174 miles to baby sit one evening? I'd rant too! And $100 gas bill??? you need a Smart Car. I still laugh when I see those things but you can't beat 45 mpg. If you had one of those it would only be $35....then you'd do it right????...not.

I can't believe all those Jersey Shore kids got rich and famous for being a bunch of idiots...oh wait yes I can.

I like the sketch too..forgot about last months... signed up for too many challenges in August and didn't finish the all.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Donna - Loved the sketch for September that I have already finished it. Here it is:

pjs By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Thanks for posting the link in the August thread Cheryl...I didn't think of doing that. Glad you like the sketch-your lo looks great!Thanks for the enabler alert! I know my fingers are gonna wander over there now

They canceled Jersey Shore? Hahaha! I'd like to see what they're gonna do now. I hate what reality TV has done. What happened to all the writers??? Like ANYone can get a reality show. Have you SEEN "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"??? They're like train wrecks though...you don't WANT to watch but can't look away lol

Terry-I would have said no too. Can't they hire a babysitter?

Hahaha! Those Smart cars crack me UP! I always expect to see a bunch of clowns come running out of them lol I'm sure they're great on gas...but I probably wouldn't even fit in one lol! Let alone my purse and shopping

Thanks Jeannie...now I'm hearing "its a Small World" while I visualize clowns in a Smart Car

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks for Sept Donna! Cool LO sketch.

Terry, I would have said no too!
Good luck with the flooring.

Yeh, yeh, you two and your stuck in the head songs...

Cathe, I am not sure how all those crumbs make into the silverware drawer either. I've been cleaning and purging stuff like crazy. It sure feels good to be rid of all those appliance guides to things I no longer have. Old washing machine, vaccumes that have bit the dust, non working radios/cs players, a car repair book for a car we got in 1994 and no longer have, tvs that we no longer use, etc. It filled a trash bag!

Anna, I never paid attention to Jersey Shores. I sure miss those old variety shows like Carol Burnet Show. They were so funny! Reality shows are a dime a dozen and for the most part are not something I like to watch.

Wow, the gasoline prices took a HUGE jump today. eang! All this even though there was no damage to the pipelines or refineries or platforms in the gulf coast area. California and Illinois had the highest prices of all.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI and MMS

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Geez gas prices. Aren't i glad I live in ILlinois? --NOT! We have some extra tax. Our governor is an idiot along with the rest of the Il. congresss.

terry I don't blame you for saying no. that's a long way to go for one night.

We are having 3 couples over tomorrow night after the men golf. Why or why did I say I'd cook?

bbl-have a good night.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe - You are a better person than I. If people are coming over, it is potluck and everyone is brining something.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a card:

Rockin' around the Christmas Tree By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a layout. Sorry if it is a little blurry. It is hard to get a good picture when there is sunlight glare already in the picture before you scrap it.

Ford By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Thank you all for the support! I knew I wasn't being a bad grandma. Can they afford a sitter for 4 hours--these two work for Microsoft! They can afford to pay 10 sitters for a month!

OMG...me in one of those tiny itty bitty no power cars? I love my Tahoe--gas hog & all! In Rome several years ago we had to take a taxi and I about fell down laughing at my 6'3" 360 lb hubby getting into smart car Euro style! His knees were literally higher than his ears.

I mostly hate reality shows too. I like the competition ones like DWTS or ANTM but not things like the Kardashians, Jersey Shores, The Eastwoods, etc. Gimme a break...you are right Donna....where are the writers? And Denise--I love love love the old Carol Burnett shows. Nothing funnier!

Except---and you need to look this up---a new movie is out called Expendables2. Now this is filled with action stars like arnold, stallone, dolph lundgren, chuck norris, jet li, etc. But what cracks me up is that all these guys are over 60 and are still running around blowing up things and acting like we all think they are still hunks! I was in a weird mood tonight when I looked at the trailer and just burst out laughing.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

LOL, Terry, it was a good movie, fun laughing at all the references to old movies.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

I am babysitting Ryan today until 3:30. He is napping so now I can check in.

Reality TV - HATE it!! People at work asked me if I had seen some show called Honey Boo Boo? I didn't even know what they were talking about. They had to explain it and then I asked WHY would I watch it? Seemed like to me her children should be taken away from her based on what they said was on the tv show.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Yeh Cheryl, that show is ridiculous. That little girl is way too wise in her own eyes.

Raining here today and my head is throbbing. Wanted to work on the house or yard or both but not gonna happen unless this headache goes away.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Ok, fine...I admit it. I've watched Here Comes Hunny Boo Boo. Its like a train wreck...you want to look away but the horror of it makes you look. The mom had NECK CRUST. I wanted to vomit lol

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Katy and I watched a couple episodes of Honey Boo Boo...it WAS like watching a train wreck...you don't wanna watch but you do. They are disgusting and enjoy being disgusting...and are going to make money at being disgusting. We wanted to vomit too....ew new icky phrase....neck crust...ew ew ew.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

LOL, like rubber necking on the highway, you don't wanna look but ya can't help it... I do feel sorry for the kid to have such an upbringing. I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Donnna - neck crust?!?! I definitely don't want to even bother tuning in to see that. Yuck!!

We had a fun day with Ryan but he sure can wear me out!! I made White Chicken Chili for supper and corbread muffins. I don't usually make chili until it starts cooling off but hey, it's September and I'm not sure it IS going to cool off any time soon. Besides, DH loves it with all those white beans.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Neck crust?????? Omg...who has it??? I'm going to have to google this honey boo boo thing. And I thought whats her with the 8kids was disgusting

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

The mama has neck crust. I guess using soap isn't a priority for her lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hi ladies! Been busy on this end and just now getting a chance to check in.

Did you all take in the blue moon last night? It was absolutely beautiful. There won't be another one until 2015.

For the record, I didn't, don't, and won't watch Jersey Shores. I can't stand Snookie and now she has a baby to ruin! I am just amazed at all of the coverage it got because MTV is cancelling it.

I used to watch Survivor, Biggest Loser, and Ice Road Truckers but I have pretty much quit watching them. I do still watch DWTS. Sorry, but Honey Boo Boo just has no appeal to me especially with the neck crust thing going on with MaMa!

Denise, hope you are feeling better.

Terry, you are NOT a bad gma! I wouldn't drive that far for just one night either especially with gas prices back on the rise. It went up over 20 cents a gallon here this week.

Hello and goodnight to everyone else.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I watched a you tube video and am currently making some new flowers to use on layouts. Nighty night!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning. Got a little mini bomb! TFL!

***FUNTOOLAS*** 100% SWEET By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS*** Premium Lifestyle By Anna C

*** FUNTOOLAS*** CAT NAP By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS*** Me & You By Anna C

XOXO By Anna C

Thanks for looking and commenting. I really do appreciate it!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Finally got some rain overnight. I woke up and the ground is actually WET. The last few times we have had a rain "spurt" the ground was dry rather quickly. Our yard looks horrible!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning all!
WOW, Anna! You got your mojo rocking!!
I think I watched 10 minutes of one of the Jersey whatever it's called series....DUMB me! Wasted 10 perfectly minutes on people trashing each other, yelling, arguing... that's entertainment? And Honey Poo Poo as GOT TO GO!...along with all of her neck crusted family!!
However I do like DTWS, and AI, and The Amazing Race... and Giants baseball..
I received my 3 Lucky 8 punches.. My, they're big! DH wants to know WHERE am I going to put them? Good question!! Good thing I didn't get to order all 6 that were on sale! I'd need a bigger house!
I just have a few chores this morning and a few errands to run...then I think I'll go scrap!
Have a wonderful Sunday and a great Labor Day all!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
Anna--those are gorgeous LOs!!! I just got my last kit from Scraps of Elegance and it had Pion papers in it. I about fell over backwards! Now I'm in love with the ones in your kit too....I'm a paper hoarder...! My new kit came yesterday and Ms Emma was here. She was oogling the pp too and so innocently asked why I getting more pp when I had 2000 sheets of it in my craft closet!
Out of the mouths of babes...

Katy--your up early girl! I remember Cheryl mentioned months ago just how big those punches were. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I was blown over when my new Cricut Expression got here and just how large that thing is.

Speaking of which---do you all that own these machines shop Ebay for the cartridges? Somewhere else? I won 2 bids on Ebay but I can't keep up with that since I forget to check.

This falls under the "just my luck" category as well as Murphy's law: Dh, DS#2, & one of the Thai army put the floor in yesterday. Guess what? We are 3 boards short--and only need 3" of those 3 board lengths. So I have to buy a whole box to get this. Argghhh!

off to work...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry- 3 boards short???? ask the dealer if he has any pieces lying around.

Didn't see the blue moon. wish I had looked out the bedroom window.

I enjoy DWTS and Amazing Race. I hate to admit it, but I do watch The Bachelorette and Bachelor. I like it better when the girl chooses. I'm a House Hunters junkie.

We were with friends all day yesterday. The men had their annual golf outing. My dh and his friend Steve won. Steve's wife Judy and I went to lunch and walked around the furniture store that houses the little cafe. Later I had everyone for supper. Judy helped me make salad etc.

Gotta go.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ack three boards short, dang.

Nice y'all got a little rain, I saw it was headed your way.

So nice you had a great time with friends.

My day was spent with my head under my pillow. Dang headache. Still hurts like the devil.

Nice LOs Anna.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Katy - Yes, those punches are big. I have 2 of them and wonder I would put more. I, of course, would like a few more of them.

Cathe - Sounds like you had fun yesterday.

Terry - Sorry about the 3 boards. I, too, would ask did they happen to have any extras lying around.

I went to church, out for lunch, crocheting flowers and went to Walmart to pick up a few things for DH and Priscilla tomorrow since I have to WORK.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Chello!

Spent the day starting my Christmas cards. I printed some embellies, cut what I needed and will take everything with me to work tomorrow to assemble. I gotta work alllll day til 6:45 But at least I won't have to work any holidays for the rest of the year. And I get double time and a half...there is my cruise money

Gonna go make dinner for me and Patrick now. I'm making sesame ginger salmon, mashed potatoes and a salad

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ah have fun making Christmas cards, Donna, and making your cruise money too! That should make it more bearable.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Donna - Can't wait to see your cards!! I work tomorrow to so my money can go toward my daughter's choir trip to Disney in March which I am going as a chaperone.

In about an hour, I will be watching Steeles vs. Broncos, crocheting and eating popcorn. Those are my plans and I'm sticking to them!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

DOO I have had sitting on my table for a week.

Souris, Manitoba By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

My plans were foiled as I am a week early for the game. So I guess you all know what I will be doing next Sunday night!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I hope ya'll have a wonderful Labor Day

Anna-I saw the moon...it was spectacular!! I didn't have my camera with me and it was out on our way home from shopping. I ran in the house to grab my camera-then hubby tried to drive me to a clear spot to get some pictures. By the time we found one the moon was regular sized I thought it was cool though that DH was chasing the moon for me

Terry-I always buy my carts off Ebay. Never, ever pay full price!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Thanks for all the love ladies! I never feel that my DT stuff has any "wow power." All of my stuff is pretty clean and simple, maybe too clean and simple.

Terry, I get most of my cartridges on evilbay. Like Donna, I never pay full price for them and usully I stay below $20 for a cartridge. I did pay full price for my Art Philosophy cartridge thru Close to My Heart. It came with a lot of stamps and other products which were nice, but I really like that cartridge and use it often. It is my go to cart right now.

Hello to everyone else here and have a great day!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Anna C

i am really BACK!
got my new computer and still need to start finish installing stuff on it need to catch up and start scrapping it been a while
thank terry for hosting august and thank you donna for sept

Edited by tealbrand on 09-03-12 05:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

already got enought cards for xmas donna and that menu sound YUMMY

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

terry i do evilbay also never ever spent more then
$19 i mostly get them pretty cheap i am selling my baby cricut so i can get one like you

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

happy labor day ladies

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Have a great Labor Day.

Anna I love all your los with that Fancy pants line. What punch did you use that is loopy like in the Cat Nap lo? The brown swirl...is that from the Cricut cart? They are awesome!! also did you have a pattern for the bottom of the flags?

No plans for today. It feels good.

Terry thanks for hosting Aug. and Donna thanks for picking up Sept. I said I'd do Oct. ...Now I have to find out what my duties are. lol

Edited by scrappin 2 on 09-03-12 06:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning and Happy Labor Day or is it Merry Labor Day?
Yeah Mel! A new computer--yippee!
Thanks all for the buying tip. I thought too that ebay was the place for this. Amazon sells for $34 on average. I"ll pick up a couple & play first.
Cathe--what I would recommend right off bat with the hosting thing is to look at sketches to pick one out. For me anyway that is the hardest. I love sketches and just can't make up my mind. When you are ready just ask. We've all hosted!
Donna--are you ready for the cruise?

bbl....hi to all--Jeannie, Katy, Cheryl, Denise, Anna, Jo, Stacey, Kim, & Mandy!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

I am soooooo ready for my cruise!! Well almost...need s'more day outfits. And a big floppy hat lol

I hope the weather holds up...September and October are the busiest months for hurricanes. Honestly though...I don't care of we don't get to go to Cozemel...its gonna be 4 days of RELAXING, good food and lots of drinks!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Donna, I hope the weather and everything cooperates for your cruise! You must be getting a bit excited by now, hey?

Mel, so good to see you back!! How do you like your new computer so far?

I've done all housecleaning chores...except vacuuming...(my least favorite) and then I hope to do a bit of scrapping....or something scrap related!..like printing up a bunch of photos to scrap...maybe cleaning off my scrap desk... or trying to find a place to store my humungous Lucky 8 punches.....

and with this post...I have reached 10,000!!! I'm a Mayor! I still feel like a newbie with some of your titles here!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hiya and happy Labor Day to all.

Aww poor Cheryl. Foiled plans are bummers. Now you have next weekened to anticipate.

Donna, that was sweet of your DH to chase the moon for ya!

Anna, your work is not too clean and simple at all, its always beautiful! Mine is much more simple -but I'm okay with that.

Welcome back Mel, we missed you!

Edited by rockmom on 09-03-12 09:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Two from me:
Hey Lool! Its a Statue1 By Rockmom

Manitoba By Rockmom

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

Hi, everyone!

Hope y'all are having a great Labor Day!

I haven't been around much. My new job keeps me so busy...it's supposed to be just 20 hours a week, but so far it's been more like full-time for me. It's been 14 years since I was in the work force (I have been on Disability). I don't know HOW in the world you guys find the time to work, scrap, and chat on SB.com! And I don't even have kids or grandkids!

Terry--I, too, cannot believe you were asked to travel 174 miles to babysit for one night! I am glad you said "no."

Cathe: So glad you got to spend time with friends.

Mel: Welcome back! Great that you got your new computer! I look forward to getting to know you.

Donna: Yippeee! for the cruise! I never thought cruising was for me b/c I do not want to have to get dressed up for dinner. But I found out that you don't HAVE to. A cruise is definately on my list of things to do.

about reality shows: I never watch TV. Never owned one. I think I have told this story b4, but my brother lived with me in 1992. When he moved out, he left his TV. I unplugged it to plug something else in. MONTHS LATER, I noticed that it was still unplugged. That's when I learned I don't particularly like TV. I need my entertainment and down time like everyone else; I just meet those needs in different ways. I really don't have anything against TVs; television just is not for me.

I am dropping off a LO I did about our friend's son's first day of preschool.

Hello to Anna, Cheryl, Denise, Katy, Jeannie, Mandy, Stacey and anyone else I may have missed! I will be back to catch up on gallery lovins--gotta make dinner first.

Kim
First day of pre-school By Jaspernonyx

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to jaspernonyx

Hi everyone..Hope you're all having a nice Labor Day.

Heeeere's Mel.....welcome back!

I heard something on tv yesterday....Out west here there is a chain of chocolate stores called Sees selling the best chocolates and other candies I've ever had...it is the BEST and really popular..so much so that you cannot even get in there around holidays...and they are heading back east...starting in Florida and Washington DC. You're all in for a treat. Remember that..Sees Candies. Lose a few pounds now so you can pack it back on later.

Here's one I did today.
Papa By Dollscrap

Off to leave love

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Another...

FLIN FLON By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H, I am really too tired to chat. Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day while I was at work!!

Mel - Welcome back!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Rest well, Cheryl.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

here's another from me today:

Our Daily Catch By Rockmom

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

JCI to MMS and DOO and I'm ACU!

First day of school By Scrapkaty

oh, and by the way...the photo isn't cockeyed!! It's the design at the top of the paper!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning!

Zzzzz-I'm beat...need more sleep. This working full time is for the birds!

Welcome back Mel!

You don't watch TV at all Kim? I don't think I ever met anyone who didn't watch TV. More power to ya! I have Netflix and I'm currently into Desperate Housewives. Theres 167 episodes that I need to catch up on lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning dear scrappy friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Things have been pretty busy on this end. Terry, thanks for hosting August and Donna, thanks for September!

Mel! Welcome back! Can’t wait to see you scrapping and posting here again! You have been missed!

Jeanie ….are all of your heritage photos just lose or are they in an old scrapbook and you have removed them? If so, what do you use to remove them with doing any damage. My mother loaned me her mother’s scrapbook to make copies of photos but I am terrified to try and remove them from their pages because the are so old…back in the 20s and 30s. Any advice from anybody else would be appreciated as well. What about your photos, Denise?

Kim, I like my tv. Don’t want to give it up until I have too. I really can’t imagine life without it. However, I have friends who don’t do the tv thing either.

Cathe, thanks for the love. To answer your questions:

What punch did you use that is loopy like in the Cat Nap lo? I used by Elegant Edges cartridge to cut that frame.

The brown swirl...is that from the Cricut cart? Yes, I used Home Décor for the flourishes.

also did you have a pattern for the bottom of the flags? No, they were punch outs that came with the kit. I think six of them are available but I only used five.

Fancy Pants Designs - Country Boutique Collection - 12 x 12 Cardstock Die Cuts - Banner

http://store.scrapbook.com/fp-1606.html

Edited by Anna C on 09-04-12 06:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning ladies...I'll cu when I get back. Have to go into work today to load all the stuff I've been busily trying to finish. Feels good to get it done!

Anna--can you cut the pages of the old scapbook? LIke cutting each photo out? I don't know if that's the best solution at all. With the acid in the old paper it would be best to get the photos off but if not at least you could scan or photograph them one at a time!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Just poppin in to drop these 2 off

I used my Cricut Imagine for the images. You can't tell from the pics but the images are layered...I used foam squares to pop them out. And the white oval behind the snowman is embossed. I prepared them ahead of time and assembled them at work yesterday

Snowman Card 2012 By DittoBabyGirl

Snowflake Card 2012 By DittoBabyGirl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Anna, I cut the ones that were glued into old albums. Scanned and printed. The ones in those old "Magnetic" albums I used dental floss to get off the pages and most of my really old ones were not glued in, just loose.

When I spent the summer taking care of my dad last summer I went through all their albums and put them in acid free albums with acid free CS and page protectors with acid free photo mount squares. They store them in a finished room on bookchelves in their basement because they have had three tornadoes come across their property in the 12 years they have been there. Some of the stuff was in boxes on the floor in the unfinished part and I got those out and "saved" them from all the damp. Those boxes had been in my Great Great grandfather's house in the attic that was leacking. WHen his great uncle died dad brought them home and left them in his basement on the floor. Now they are protected either on their shelves or I brough them home with me.

My mother-in-law had some of her's adhered to those old black page albums with rubber cement. ACK! the pages and the glue were so brittle. I tore them out of the albums, removed as much of the rubber cement as possible by rubbing carefully on the back of the photo and then I scanned the photos. I don't know if the originals will survive but at least they have been scanned and saved digitally.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:33 AM
In response to rockmom

Good morning everyone! I'm not new to the site, but I'm new to this forum. I usually hang out over in the General Forum but I wanted to branch out and see what else we have going on.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

another one from me:

Lake Athapapuskow By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Hi Jarvae, and welcome to the Sept. New LOs thread.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:52 AM
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise!

I have just been going through looking at the wonderful LOs here. Is there a theme or do we just post whatever we have been working on this month?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:58 AM
In response to rockmom

I have just started my wedding album. I travel a lot for work so I don't always have a lot of time to scrap, but when I do it's usually in short spurts.

Here are the 5 LOs I have done so far:

Bride By Jarvae

Invitation 1 By Jarvae

Invitation 2 By Jarvae

Getting Ready By Jarvae

Sparkle By Jarvae

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

Yes, just post the LOs you do this month. The rules are on the first page - basicly its just leave love on everyones' and we will leave love on yours. There is a limit on the number of LOs per post but no limit on the number of posts. Just makes it easier for us with limited time to leave love. If we can only get to one page at a time it makes it less overwhelming.

Chat as much or as little as you like/can. Some of us do a lot of chatting and others just when they can.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies long time no see haven't been very creative in a while but I thought I would share my latest creation with you all

Kissy Face By Charisma3103

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Hi Jarvae! Welcome to our thread! Like Denise pointed out…just check out the main page to read our intro. No dump and drops lol. We tend to get a bit chatty…but most of us have been on here awhile (how long HAS it been??) You’ll see we are very friendly-no cattiness on this thread! Basically-leave love and get love in return. There’s no theme, no contest, no prize. There is a sketch posted on the front page…try it if you like but it’s not required. We also take turns hosting each month (this month is my turn)If you'd ever like to host just say so

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

welcome back Janie!! Good to see you again

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna is the border punch Elegant Edges a Martha Stewart punch?

Heads up paper scrappers: I got a free little ink pad and 5 very small rubber stamps today at Michaels for buying scrap stuff!!

bb.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Anna most of the photos were loose. My dad made a scrapbook when he was in the service..yes he did...photos neatly arranged and funny journaling...anyway they were held down with those black photo corners..so really I never had to try to lift anything...but I would try your Cricut spatula thingy if you have one....I've lifted photos out of my old 1970s clingy albums with that and it worked...some of the photo paper stuck to that sticky page but the pics mostly came up. Can you scan the whole page of photos? then crop?
Good luck!

Hi peeps!

Dh went dove hunting with friends day before yesterday and yesterday Vicki, dd1, made a pie from them...she used recipes from her new Game of Thrones recipe book. If you haven't seen or read Game of Thrones..it is a fantasy fiction about different families trying to claim a kingdom...if you had to date it it would take place during the 1300-1400s...I would guess..maybe earlier...anyway the recipes in this book would be from around that time. This pie was delicious....dove breasts and mushrooms and radishes and chicken stock and butter and mace...never even heard of mace...but boy was the flavor excellent. And she is a whiz a pie crusts...my mother made the best crusts...in fact friends would ask her to make pie crusts for them.....obviously that talent skipped a generation.

ok done talking and braggin'

Donna when do you leave for your cruise. I'm excited for you.

Wow Kim.....don't know how you do that....not watch tv...but good for you though.

You all better now Cheryl? Foiled plans....lol thinking the game was today...sounds like something I would do.

Oh oh Swirlydoos kit just arrived....it's wonderful...off to scrap!!

I'm still talkin'

'kay bye

PS...I didn't even see the last page....so welcome back Janie..I see you got your creativity back...

and Welcome aboard Jarvae! Hope you'll like it here.

Edited by dollscrap on 09-04-12 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

ENABLER ALERT
The new Graphic 45 lines, Bird Song and Nutcracker Sweet are now in the store here!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 12:19 PM
In response to dollscrap

Thanks! Yep, I read the first page. I scrap pretty slowly so I don't think I'll have to worry about posting more than 5. ever. LOL!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I took today off, so that I'd have a 5 day weekend to scrap. I managed to scrap on the first 2 days. Today has been challenging to stay focused. OR should I say, GET focused.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Vae

2 Carefree Children By Scrappin 2

this is one I did for the black and white challenge on Rockin' scrappin' Grams

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Welcome Jarvae

Hi Janie, nice to see you and your lo

Busy day, but I did get a lo done.

Donna I'm excited for you! Can't remember which island you are going to.

I was lucky that when my aunt put together my dad's album with high school and Marine pictures that most were put in with photo corners. I have started doing that on important or really good photos.

I once tried running dental floss under some pictures. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not.
Good Luck Anna.

Jeannie- the Game of thrones sounds interesting. I love pie!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Welcome to Jarvae!!!

Nice to see you back Janie!!!

I am all caught up to here. I am tired and got off late due to a late admission that I stayed to finish up before leaving. I am off the next 2 days and will be more chatty!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Welcome, Jarvae! This is a fun thread and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!
Janie!! Welcome back!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Scrapkaty

G'morning!

I leave on October 11th-girls cruise to Cozemel, Mexico. I'm excited-my hubby is scared that I'm gonna wind up in some deserted alley in Mexico by myself lol. The first time we went there I was facinated with the scenery and wanted to photograph it of course. Not the pretty, touristy areas...but behind all the hoopla-where the people lived. The buildings were old and decrepid...so many awesome images to be captured. Hubby stopped me after a few pictures and dragged me back to the main street.I was not a happy camper...my favorite shots from Mexioco are the ones I took there. Hes ascaird that without him there I'll have no one to protect me lol I had to promise I wouldn't wander into the back alleys

My company is having their art show again this year. Every 2 years they have this big art contest for different types of art..photography being one. This isn't for just my site...but for all our employees. You can submit up to 3 pieces. Time for me to start digging thru my photos. A couple of years ago when my site had a photo contest I won first place I've always stayed "within the wedge" when choosing what to submit. Last year one of the photos that won was of a bunch of bras hanging up outside of a building. Really awesome photo....and out of "the wedge". That widens what I can submit

Gots to run-have a great day!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Morning Ladies!!!
Welcome Jarvae! welcome back janie!
Jarvae...I'm Jojo, bought a campground with year round rentable cabins with Hubby and my 13 year old daughter Hannah. We moved to NH from Mass. leaving friends and family behind. I'm now a stalker pretty much in this thread due to my "adjusting" to running our own business and such. Have been in NH since April and I'm still trying to figure out time for my crafts. So till I figure out "time" or until things wind down for the summer...You'll see me sporadically POP in. My intentions are well...you will love the wonderful ladies in this group.
Labor Day is over! Thank the Lord!!! Everything went well here and yes...it was very busy...Thought I got through ir without a snag...
Appropriate term...because.... yesterday I had a delivery from Coca-cola...and upon the truck's exit...he took down the phone line and Direct TV satellite dish off of cabin one...GRRRR and kept on driving!!! I had gone up to the vending machine with this yahoo...which is near the bath house,, he unloaded while I dead-headed my flower boxes, he left and I then watered my plants. When I gotdown below where the big cabins are...I almost drove into the wires before realizing what happened...and yep...he was long gone.
Of course wild Bill wasn't here and we do not have cell phones up here,,,I had to go to a neighbors house to call Coke, Direct TV and the phone company...Luckily they came at 9:00 p.m. to fix the phone line...now waiting for Direct TV to show today....
All part of the adventure...right???
Hope everyone is good!!! Need to back track to the old thread and catch up on everyone's posts.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Jojo Noons

Jo - glad to see you "pop" in!! Sounds like you are a busy, busy woman but enjoying it at the same time. I am sure you will eventually find time to fit scrapping into your schedule. Until then happy stalking!!

Donna - You be careful getting the pictures you want in Mexico espcially if you are by yourself. Sounds like so much fun!

I am off today and already have laundry going. Need to do groceries, start getting fall decorations out for the house, and clean out kitchen cabinets. Of course, you know I will squeeze in some scrapping at some point!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Donna let us see the photos you submit for the company contest.

Cheryl you have inspired me to get out my fall decorations.

JoJo good to see you. It serves you right ordering Coke....you should have ordered Pepsi! (my drink of choice)

Catch you all later. Have a great day.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 06:24 AM

Good morning! Thanks again for the words of welcome!

Donna, how exciting! I can say that I understand why your DH might be concerned, but if it were me, I'd be right there with you! Last year we went to New Zealand and I kept trying to get closer and closer to this seal who was clearly posing for me to take a picture of him. So cute! But hubs wouldn't let me get any closer and kept talking about how aggressive they are.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 06:47 AM
In response to Vae

hi Jojo! Wow sounds like an adventure! Good thing that happened after most everyone left

My weekend was fairly uneventful. I had a goal for my scrapbooking but I didn't even come close. I'm a very slow scrapper. Last night at about 9 I decided that I would not go to sleep until I had completed at least one page (the other 5 I did were on Friday and Saturday). It was a very simple page but at least I got one done. I'm still waiting on a few photo reprints. It seems like reprinting photos is what sets me back most of the time. I don't have a good quality printer near me- the closest is about 20 minutes away. But in times like this weekend I kept having to reprint to get the color right, or get the size right, or whatever. Hopefully next weekend will be more productive.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

Good morning Ladies!!! And welcome Jarvae and welcome back Ms Janie!!!
It feels sooooo good to finally get 90% of my work project done! I can relax a little and start doing stuff again--like vaccuming!
Jarvae--love the red/black theme of your wedding LOs. Quite elegant!
Cathe--I'm Pepsi only too!
Donna--what a fun thing! A photo contest...what if you did enter your Mexico photos that you love so much. Post them--I'd love to see!
JoJo--wow girl you are busy busy busy! Is this guy your reg delivery man? If so, get him next time!!!
Cheryl--enjoy the day!
Jeannie--I don't know whether to thank you or say "dang it" on the G45 enable alert! Those were the pps I wanted so much and $40 later I will have them! There went the scrap diet....!~ I've been looking the New arrival section everyday for them...shows you how strong my will power is!
Katy--Love the prints that you used to mat the photo with. Terrific!
Denise--so just how do you say the name of that lake?
Mel~Anna~Stacey~Kim--hi girls!

Does anyone get leg cramps? Holy cow the ones I was getting last night were awful! Both my calves are so sore right now---!

Have a good one!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good afternoon!

Welcome Jarvae!

Hi Janie!

Cathe, Elegant Edges is a Cricut Cartridge.

Terry, I don’t want to cut the album up. I like that it is the original but am gonna try to scan and crop and see how that goes.

Hello to all. Really busy so not a lot of time for chatter right now but acu on love!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Terry, its Lake Atha.pa.pus.cow -all short vowels.

Donna, please be careful and take along a buddy but good luck getting your shot.

Jo, sorry to hear about the coke truck caper!

Rode over to Louisiana with hubby yesterday in the hope we'd have time to stop at the travel center and get a new map and take some photos of the swamp behind it. They have built up boardwalks for tourists and its a pretty cool place to see alligators and wildlife. ALso thought we might have enough light to stop at one of the Oil Field historical markers I've not gotten photos of yet. Neither one of those things happened. The travel center had closed 30 minutes before we got there and the light had faded before we made it to the markers I wanted. I got to spend time with hubby and listen to our audio book series we are listening to. Oh well, there is always next time for the photos.

In Sept. in east Texas and west Louisiana the piney woods are supceptable to love bugs (type of fly). They come out in droves to reproduce. At times your car windshield gets covered in a matter of minutes and you have to carry window cleaning fluid and a squeegie in your car to see. Yesterday the beginning of that was evident. Need to go wash my truck. If you do not know what a love bug is try goodling it. I bet Donna knows, Flordia has them too.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Terry - I get legs cramps mostly on the days when I hardly get a chance to sit down for the 12 hours I am at work. I take over the counter Leg Cramps PM and it works well.

Not sure I am "enjoying" my day, but I am getting quite a bit of cleaning accomplished. Must do it while I'm in the mood because when the mood leaves who KNOWS when it will come back!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

hello again!!!

Cathe...LOL!!! Wild Bill is an advid COCA-COLA addict!!! From morning to night...he drives me nuts! Not to mention he's drinking ALL the profits!!! LOL!!

You're so right Denise...thank you to the all mighty...everything is timing you know...could of been worse if this campground was hoping whenwe had the snafu...I took plenty of pics...it was all I could do! Phone company came at 9:00 p.m., which was nice,,,because of our business,,,so they were prompt, very professionsl, and had the phone working in a jiffy, can't complain at all! I'm waiting for Direct TV...I wouldn't care, but my clients like the hook up in the cabins... It's always something..LOL!!!
We got 3 to 4 inches of rain last night, maybe more...we need it so bad! Well, the river is up and rolling...love listening to the sound of water rumbling over the rocks. Haven't heard that sound in a while!!! Leavesare already turning here with the cool nights, sugar maples are turning a fiery red, burch a dull yellow, gold. Some have just turned brown and fallen to the ground. Maybe with the rain...it'll make the colors POP! I can't believe it's September and I'm talking foliage!!??? YIKES>>> I feel dizzy, this summer sped right by!!!
Lancaster Fair has come and gone. One of our seasonals entered the demolition derby and he let us paint and advertise on one of his cars. He entered three, OUR CAR WON!!! Have pics to upload and post.
I'll be back, probably later tonight after Hannah goes to bed. Will post pics then. Ciao for now!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

LOL, Cheryl, my moods seem to be further and further apart these days!

JO, wow, I could NOT go at your pace day after day! You deserve a cheerleader.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

The end of 1968 vacation pages.

Family Vacation 1968 By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

My workout is trying to keep up with Jo in my mind..like that would ever happen. You're amazing Jo..were you a busy kid too?

Terry...you're welcome always glad to enabl...I mean HELP...moohahahaha.

Denise sorry you got to your destination too late....sorry about the flies. We had some little flies around here that were a problem for two or three years...they'd swarm and get into the houses through cracks and crannies..lots of dead flies on the window sills and floors around the doors and windows...even got through the screens....and then they left never to return..I hope.

dd1 and I took a walk today...felt good...actually sprinkled a bit...can someone tell me what happened to summer? was it even ever here?

I started a layout yesterday as soon as I got my Swirlydoos kit and finished it today. The teeny tiny roses on it are from a British website that Katy told me about..got a bunch of flowers..thought they would be a tiny bit bigger but these teeny roses are so cute! they got here yesterday too...only mailed on the 28th and shipping was only $3.50...got other flowers too and some black lace.
I wanna scrap some more...so see ya!
Beautiful By Dollscrap

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

I just saw the first Lovebug of the season this morning Denise!! I was like oh nooo....I hate them darn things! At least they don't sting-that would be freaky if they did. I wouldn't leave my house til they were all gone lol. When Denise says droves she means droves! There are like a zillion of them out all over the place. They cover your car, your house-everything. They fly around in pairs-attached to each other

Just a FYI..there will be 8 girls on my cruise. Me, 3 girls I work with, one of their friends, my SIL and 2 of her friends. I won't be going anywhere alone lol Funny thing...when we first organized this there were just 4 of us going. Then my friend Sarah invited her friend. So now we needed another person because we were putting 2 in a room. So I asked my SIL. I love her to pieces but we have completely different lifestyles. She’s all about "keeping up with the Joneses" and I'm more like "I'll worry about what the neighbors say when they pay my bills". After I invited her she asked if she could bring 2 friends, I felt funny saying no, what could I say? Her friends are well to do…they weekend in the Hamptons-high society snobby types. MY friends are very laid back and down to earth. More the “Target” types than the “Lord and Taylor” types. This should be interesting lol

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Donna--You are right---should be interesting! But I've known some of those Lord & Taylor uppity type women and when the hair comes down they are just "Target" as the rest of us!!! funny...
Oh and "they fly around in pairs attached to each other" must be how they got their names!!!! LOL...
Cheryl--I'll go get some now. I wasn't on my ft but I didn't drink any liquids yesterday except coffee. I've walked all day and put Bengay-type gel on my calves and they still hurt. I'm with you and Denise--the cleaning mood gets farther & farther apart. Learned there's more to life than cleaning!!

Not only did I buy those papers this morning but I had to kill 90 min waiting for a delivery and so I went to the local craftstore. Walked out with more paper and 40% off a Lucky 8 punch. Got to quit spending!!!!! Is there a Scrapbook Spending Anomynous????

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Your potassium could be low and causing the legs cramps. That is what happens to most people and eating things high potassium helps such as bananas and potatoes.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Terry--40% off a Lucky 8 punch? You couldn't pass that up! We no longer have any LSS. I do go to Archiver's but only about 3 o4 4 times a year as it is 50 min. from here. Now there is road construction all the way.

Never heard of those lovebugs. Don't want to ever see them either!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Here are some pics of the car Steve entered in the demolition derby.

Demolition Derby By Jojo Noons

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
LOL, Cheryl, my moods seem to be further and further apart these days!

JO, wow, I could NOT go at your pace day after day! You deserve a cheerleader.

LOL!! Thank you Denise!!! Although, today I didn't accomplish much...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 07:30 PM

Man, that looks like fun Jojo! I've always wanted to go to a demolition derby or monster truck rally or something. I just never think of it until after one has already happened. I need to go add that to my Bucket List board

As for Scrapbook Spending Anonymous, if there is one, I should run for treasurer. LOL I have a firm "budget" that DH and I discussed a while back, and I haven't stayed within that budget a single week since. This wedding album is going to be the most expensive album I've ever made, by about 10 times.

Terry, I hope your legs get to feeling better!

Denise, I'm in North Texas. We get lovebugs up here too, but not nearly as badly as when I lived down near Houston. I haven't thought of the little buggers in a while but what a pain they are!

Donna, will there be drinking on this cruise? Because in my experience, alcohol has a way of leveling most everyone out I'm sure all the ladies will be able to find quite a lot in common.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics