Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: December's New Layouts        (Topic#1582983)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the December edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Cathe for hosting November!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

January....Cheryl
February...Donna
March......Jeannie
April......Mel
May........Terry
June.......Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-02-12 11:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Cathe --- thank you so much for hostessing November!
Call for volunteers for the months listed....

I left out of the intro post the sketch because I thought that those hostesses that wanted to add on could do so on the second post. Here's the one I found that caught my eye.

OnceUponATime Nov sketch by Nadia Cannizzo By Abby0317

Have fun...

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Cathe, I got the pearl pens at this site:
http://www.dreamingcolor.com/catalogsearch/result/ ?q=pe...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Terry!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to rockmom

Hiya! I'm in again

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to flutterbye0419

Thanks for hosting last month, Cathe, and this month, Terry!

Terry, I ended up removing my lantern from the wreath and filling it with balls. I filled it up with gold balls of different sizes and accented around it with gold and white trees and candles. And topped it off with a gold and white/cream ribbon bow. I'm pleased with it.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Anna, that sounds gorgeous! Love to see a photo!!!

I'm taking dil, Pina & Ms Emma to Sleighbells tomorrow. Yep...gigantic 2 story barn filled with Christmas ornaments, etc. Can't wait!! That will definitely put me into the decorating mood...

Hope you all have a good weekend planned. I'll ci regularly.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Oh fun Terry!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - I would be happy to host January!!

Boy what a day I had. My patients had trachs, g-tubes and chest tubes!! Busy, busy day but glad to be home and ready to enjoy my weekend off. I am planning on going Christmas shopping tomorrow. I wanted to go with my sister but she has to work. Guess I will hit the places by myself.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

December??? Wasn't it just January???

Thanks for hosting November Cathe and thanks for December Terry!

I'll host for January

Sleighbells sounds wonderful Terry-have fun!I love that sketch-I just may actually attempt to scrap something tomorrow. Maybe lol I've seen those pearl pens...I pinned them

Anna-would love to see your wreath-post a pic when you can

Have fun shopping Cheryl! I get off at 6:00...hubby and I are gonna do some shopping after that

Have a lovely day! I have a 3 day weekend...decided to take Tuesday off

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh Dawn...

Heres a tutorial on how to tie a bow with a fork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nANcZa3-AkQ

They actually come out really good!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

THAT'S ADORABLE! thanks for sharing!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning...thanks Cheryl & Donna. Donna can I put you down for Feb?

We had rain here last night so bad it sounded like the second coming of Noah's ark! Small limbs are down all over the yard.

Hope all is well...working on xmas cards today after Sleighbells. Have a great Saturday.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Abby0317

It's been a beautiful day already. Ran to the bank and then realized it was closed LOL, but picked up everything we need for tomorrow's dear santa party... then ran to walmart with the girls. my oldest took her purse (which she never does) and on our way out, said, "Mom, what's that guy doing with the bell?" so I had to tell her about the bell ringers and why they stand outside of Walmart and ring the bell. She immediately asked me to stop and here's what I saw, she opened her purse, grabbed a h andful of her own change (from her allowances) and placed it in his kettle!!! I am so very proud of her! She said, "Mommy, it feels good to help others!"

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

thank for hosting nov cathe and thank terry for this month!
put me down for a month terry
trying todo get xmas stuff out today...cbl

Edited by tealbrand on 12-01-12 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Well I flunked keeping caught up in November..will try harder this month.

Thanks to all the hostesses with the mostest. I'll do February or March (that way I will HAVE to stay caught up).

I LOVE the sketch...it looks right up my alley.

Anna can you share a photo of that lovely item you described.

Oh Terry that Christmas place sounds wonderful..I wanna go.

Donna I made a fork bow once..turned out cute but little. Love that lady's accent...sound like a female Lawrence Welk.

Cheryl have fun shopping..I get so much more done when I go alone but it isn't quite as fun.

Dawn what a sweet thing your dd did and said. My two loved giving money to the bell ringers when the were little...usually MY money lol but if they had their own change they'd proudly march up to the person and shyly put their money in and run back to me...funny..thanks for the memory.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to dollscrap

you are welcome! it's the first time she's wanted to do somethign like this... so this week, we are going to go through their toys and put them on freecycle for kids who need new toys... it's a season of blessings here

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Awww Dawn, what a sweet child. My three year old granddaughter asked me the same thing last weekend.

Have the Christmas decorations out and mostly up. Need to hang a few things still and need to decorate the tree but first I need to either fix one section of lights on the pre-lit tree or replace them.

DH went to help our friends DD learn to drive. He has given her several lessons already. Her dad had her so shook up she drove thru someone's yard so now she won't drive with anyone else but DH. We taught all our kids to drive. Our first step is to go to an emplty parking lot. Turn the car on and off, put it in differnt gears, drive foreward and backward, drive around the parking lot, and into and out of parking spaces. All of that is mastered before going onto the street. We live in an extremely busy area and new drivers get eaten up. Many have deadly accidents. We did't start to teach our twins until they were 16 and never ever let them drive by themselves until they were 17. This girl is bearly 15, too young for this area. Part of the problem is you have to drive on the interstate highway and another part is these wealthy parents in The Woodlands buy fast very expensive cars for their kids. Cars like BMWs, Farrari, Porsche, Mercedes, Lotus, Lamborgheni, Lexus, Viper, and on and on. One kid was trying out a BMW and tried to turn into the dealership parking lot and missed the driveway, hit a tree, totaled the car (He didn't own it yet)and died. So sad.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

I'm back from shopping and even though I was alone had a wonderful day!! I have everything I bought except for 4 gifts. Two of those I know what they are going to be, just have to go get them. Other 2 no idea, which would be my sister and her husband. Oh oh oh, I bought my husband a recliner for Christmas. He is going to be so surprised!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies!!!

Had a hard day yesterday...on the phone off and on all day with my grown kids. Some of you know this...others don't...but yesterday was a one year anniversary of my ex-husband's passing from pancreatic cancer. He was only 49 years old. We had our differences and held our grudges pretty close to the vest through the years....and had a process I believe of letting those grudges go during his 18 month battle with his disease. Anyway... yesterday and Dec. 10th is hard for the four of us...mainly because his passing was a time of ackwardness, not knowing as an ex-wife how to deal with his new wife, the funeral and three grieving young adults. There were also other complications to this time which were heart wrenching and stressfull,, only to find yet a year later... we are still going through some serious family issues as a result of his passing.

So with this said, I'm trying to focus on having a wonderful little Christmas here in NH with my wonderful DH and DD Hannah. But have my head in the clouds...thinking about my other three young adults in MA.... so pardon me if I seem aloof or disappear for a couple of days... At some point this will work itself out....I just wish I knew how or what the end result will be. I wish there was something I could do...but this is something my kids will have to figure out themselves, with only helpful words of wisdom from me...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Jojo Noons

Things can be so complicated at times. Hugs, Jojo! It will get better.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Cheryl, you are one lucky lady and organized to boot. I used to have my shopping done by Sept but now I wait longer and longer. I need 10 gifts and only know what 1 will be for sure. I do have some
other ideas but not positive yet on those. sigh...

Spent the afternoon cuttig up old Christmas cards to make gift tags. At leaset I have started something!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Whoa...I'm trying to get rested from the morning and now dh is hurrying up to go on date night.

Jody--I am so so sorry about your day and troubles. Open your heart and your kids will feel the warmth. It's been 5 yr since I lost my mom and I still miss her, still don't talk to 1 sister, and still wish I could have said goodbye. It's a terrible time of year to have to deal with it all. Hugsssssss!!!

Cheryl--you are so lucky to have it all done. I bought like crazy but I need to tally up and see what or who is missing "stuff".

Denise--How funny about your friends daughter! My first driving lesson with Dad was in a 3 gear 49 Pontiac and I laid a patch of rubber 25 ft long on the main street in town. Thru my friend in the back seat into a laughing fit. I agree totally--parking lot, no cars, drive & drive!

Dawn--that was very sweet what your dd did. All of my dgc get involved in giving their toys & clothes to the needy.

Thank you Mel & Jeannie...I'll put you all in and if it isn't right let me know!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Jojo - Has it really been a year already? I remember you talking about this last year in the other thread. Way time sure has flown!! So sorry for your troubles. Like the song says, "What do you say in a moment like this? Just let your heart lead the way." A lot of truth in that!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is another block I made:

Family block By Cdjohnson

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to cdjohnson

*Together By Flutterbye0419

my first for the month

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

*December Daily Calendar Page By Flutterbye0419

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

*Hip Hip Hooray!!! By Flutterbye0419

*Happy Baby By Flutterbye0419

momof2lilboys
Governor
momof2lilboys

I'd love to join in!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to momof2lilboys

Welcome Tammy, just read the rules on the first page. I look foreward to seeing your LOs and projects.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

(Sneaks in to drop off layouts)

Apologies for the three layouts...

London Layout By DNA301
December Daily 2012 Day 1 By DNA301
December Daily 2012 Day 1 Journaling By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning and acu2h. BBL2DO.

Edited by Anna C on 12-02-12 05:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS DECEMBER KIT*** CHRISTMAS JOY By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS DECEMBER KIT*** SO BEARY SWEET By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS DECEMBER KIT*** SANTA By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS DECEMBER KIT*** HO HO HO By Anna C

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Anna C

mornin gals! i'll be in here later today to acu. I have to do this in a bunch of challenges, so after chores and the dear santa party, then i'll stop in and have a love spree

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Jo, hope things work out for you and your children. I remember you telling us about this last year.

Terry, I will try to post a photo a little later on. I may end up moving that setup to another table.

Hope everyone is well and has a great day. Sorry to be a thread hog so early this a m!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Good morning all!!
It is RAINING here...and windy too!! It has been off and on wind and rain since Wednesday...
..Terry.. Thank you for hosting December..and thank you for the layout...gonna have to try that one this month!! So how was your trip to "Sleighbells"? There is a shop in downtown Sonora named "Dorothea's Christmas"..it is an old victorian house FULL of one of a kind, unique, gorgeous ornaments and decorations....think I'll go pay them a visit!!...when it stops raining!! How's the rain up there?? Right now it is POURING..has been most of the night...and the wind!! It sounds like a dang freight train going by the bed room window...its' kinda scary as our house is surrounded by very tall pines and cedars!!
..Donna...thanks for that link for the bow tying! I can NEVER make cute bows and this looks easy enough for me!
..Dawn..Have fun at your Dear Santa party! That was so sweet of your daughter giving her coins to the bell ringer...and now her toys? What a doll!
..Jojo..Sorry for the hard times right now...Here's a big ((HUG)) for you!
..Denise..That's such a great idea for old Christmas cards!! I save most of mine each year...and for what?? Now, I know!! Thanks for the idea!! My Dad taught me how to drive in the parking lot at local high school on weekends. I remember it well! He was a saint!!
..Cheryl.. I'm envious of you being almost done with your Christmas shopping....I've bought a few so far...
..Tammy..Welcome to our thread!! Looking forward to seeing your layouts!
..Ashley..LOVE your December Dailies!! And where did you get that name for your elf??
..Anna..Congrats on being on the DT for Funtoolas! LOVE all the layouts you've done with their kit! They offer awesome stuff!!
..Jeannie...glad you didn't get picked for jury duty, but sorry you had to wait all that time to find out they didn't need you!
..and HI to everyone else!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning ladies!

My my-ya'll have been so busy aleady!! I will do my best to stay caught up this month

Welcome Tammy! This is a great group-you'll love us

Awww Jojo-so sorry that you are going thru a rough time. Hopefully it'll work itself out with time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes keeping our head in the clouds isn't such a bad thing

Denise-what a sad story about that young driver. IMO 15 is WAY too young to drive-I don't care what the state says. I agree with your method...parking lot first. Thats what I am doing today in a lil bit. Patrick won't be getting his license for another year. He may be turning 18 (OMG!!) in 2 weeks..but he lacks the maturity. No kids first car should be a suped up speed machine. They need a junkbox that isn't "cool". I don't see us venturing out onto the actual roads for a while yet-they drive like lunitics down here. Oh gawd-I feel more grey hairs popping up as I write this lol

That was very sweet of your daughter Dawn! You are raising her well

Hi Katy!!!

My supervisor follows me on Pinterest. She comes up to me the other day and says "Donna-are you planning on making ALL those cards you have on your Pinterest??" I said yes-as soon as I hit the lottery and retire lol

Dropping off 2 cards...will BBL to get caught up

Merry Christmas By DittoBabyGirl

Let it Snow By DittoBabyGirl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good afternoon!

Welcome Tammy! in a nut shell, I'm Cathe, married 43 yrs. to Don (nickname Rum which is part of our last name) We have 2 kids each married and each with a boy and a girl. I paper scrap.

Anna would love to see the lantern.

Dawn what a sweet little girl you have!

Terry- I'd have a ball at the Sleighbells store. Did you buy anything???? You can put me down for a month again. Maybe by then I'll learn to upload a sketch. lol

Donna- enjoy your 3 days off.

JOJO-

Katy that weather doesn't sound good. Stay safe!!

Hello to everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Good afternoon!! We had to make a trip to the farm this morning to check on my MIL. FIL is wanting to draw up some papers regardin their land and wanted to talk to us about while we were there. I am afraid THAT is going to be a big mess. That is another story for another day!

Katy - I bought the glass blocks at Hobby Lobby.

Tammy - Welcome to our group! I am Cheryl married to Karyol (2nd husband) for 12 years, have 2 children from first marriage and 3 grandchildren. I live in Kentucky.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

HI Tammy and Welcome!

I'm Anna, married to a great guy for 31 years, one daughter who just moved to Texas.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Anna C

hello and welcome Tammy! i'm dawn! mommy to 2 lil girls and one boy birdie. wife to ryan for 10 years... work from home mommy

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Sorry Tammy, I didn't introduce myself. I am Denise, married to Tim for 36 years. Mom to three grown children, our 1st daughter has our two granddaughters, and our boy/girl twins are married but do not have kids yet. We are in TX where it is in the 80s and the Ac is running.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hi all...and welcome Tammy. I"m Terry married to Steve for 40 yrs, 2 grown & married sons, 4 grandchildren who are my main scrapping subjects but I also have 3 step grandsons from Thailand. I work from home as a graphic/database designer for industrial mills. (when I work) As Denise says just read the front page and that will tell all except that we are a friendly bunch.

Donna--is Feb ok with you? Let me know cuz we can certainly change it up. How did your tests go?
Jody--you ok? Still sending thousands of hugs!!!
Anna--what a way to end your DT time! Those were gorgeous LOs!!!!
Katy--hey girl! I'd love to see that shop in Sonora! Sleighbells was packed and you had to squish to get by. I got a pink Jim Shore angel, a dove, a snowbaby and my 3rd Mark Roberts Christmas elf.. But I could have bought 100 things.
Denise---that sounds llike a great idea. I didn't save any last year but I've got bunched that I haven't sent out. I'll cut those up.
Cathe--how about doing June?

DH just finished BBQ mexican pulled pork and my mouth is watering! Have a great afternoon...

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-02-12 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Just checking in again. Sunday night football starts shortly. I do not really care for either team and may read or scrap if it is not a good game.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Heya!

No Terry....February is not good. I want January!!!

Hahaha! j/k February is fine My tests went good...all done now for the next 2 years

Since everyone is giving out details to Tammy....I'll throw mine out too lol I've been married for 24 years...we have 2 boys, a 23 year old and soon to be (omg) 18 year old. I collect cats...currently have 3...Ditto, Krujo and Sweetey. We live in Florida but are from New York (yes, I have a New York accent). I work full time as a supervisor for an insurance company. I plan on retiring in 14 years and 10 months (as soon as our mortgage is paid off) I want to be a nature photographer when I grow up

I have no mojo at all. I intended on doing something scrappy today...wasn't happening

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Hey Gals!
Thanks for the hugs... plain and simple it sucks when you feel "inept" to cure what ails those you love. The being apart is also an issue...just one thing I'm going to have to deal with...Putting on me boots and aim to start stopping through this muck...one way or another I'll get through it. I'm a hard headed irishman!!! Stubborn too, and I am able to deal with it...

On a brighter note... got into some boxes today and started pulling out some Christmas things. Today it warmed up and now is raining...so the snow we had is now MUD>>> Working on more stockings, keeping me busy,,,

Tomorrow DD Hannah has her first basketball game. Look forward to going and cheering her on.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - I will switch with Donna. She can host January, and I will host February.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Y'all do know I was kidding about the hosting, right?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Donna - I thought maybe you really did NEED January. I don't care one way or the other!! LOL

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Stocking gift card holder By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya? I'm Ashley the regular irregular...I'm good at keeping up with leaving love but not so good at keeping up with the converstaion LOL! Not married...no kids...and finishing up some annoyingness to get her Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.

On the name of the elf...He's named after Aragorn from "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Before the books, he uses the name "Thorongil" (roughly, "Eagle of the Star") during his time as a captain in Gondor. I hear elves...I think Tolkien.

Today's elven misadventure (Thorongil won't be in all the pictures but he will be in some LOL)...

December Daily 2012 Day 2 By DNA301
December Daily 2012 Day 2 Journaling By DNA301

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

I really do need to go to bed but:

Yep, I knew you were joking Donna! But you are only 11 keystrokes from getting January!

Ashley...that was Aaragon's name? Who knew---well you did evidentially. I love Aaragon...oh yeah!

Okay...now that I have Donna I can retire now...

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to momof2lilboys

• momof2lilboys Said:
I'd love to join in!

hi tammy and big welcome

aka mel mother of 5(2 dd and 3ds and bigmama to 3(2 dgd and 1dgs)who i love to scrap and furmama to 1 bear brand married for 20yrd to my sweet dh terry and i love scrapbook.com and really love our tread

terry the month is fine
i might be off line until sat i am getting a new internet service and phone bundle i hope A&T will let it stay on until the sat but it might not happen and i hate to use my cell but i might have too so if i am not ckecking in they cut my service

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

awesome donna enjoy your off days and hope you had fun shopping with dh

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Good morning.

Terry- June is fine with me. Don't know Jim Shore or Mark Roberts Christmas ornaments. Guess I'll be looking for them now, just to see what you got. lol

I'm off today to a Chicago burb. Huge mall. My sil is going too. The only trouble is that we won't have all day to shop. My dh is driving in for a luncheon and a meeting with a financial person. We can shop while he is busy. We probably should just drive in by ourselves. I guess we can always go back. I hate the drive tho because there is construction the whole way.

I have a bad big toe... Terry was it you who has a toe issue??? I now have new empathy for you.

Have a good day ladies.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good morning...
No Cathe it wasn't me but I'm thinking it was Denise. What's wrong with it?

it is such a cloudy dreary rainy day here. I should decorate but I want to finish up making the xmas cards.

I'll ci later...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Oh no, bad big toe! Such a pain isn't it? I was putting one the tree ornaments last night after fixing the lights. One step it was just fine and the next it was shooting pain.

So sorry you have toe pain!

You guys are too funny with your, who's on January routine... hehe Really, thnaks to all of you! You are the best!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Tee hee....behind again....that's just my natural state I've decided.

Expecting dh home after a week of hunting....any minute now..his GPS told him around 2:30. missed him but will be sad to give up the remote lol.
Terry our local Hallmark store has the 2 Jim Shore new pink angels...they're so pretty!! I was looking for his Scotland Santa...already have England and Germany...Scotland would complete my dds' ancestry...German on both sides and English on my moms side and Scots on Jon's mom's side. Almost bought one of the pink angels but decided to put one on my Christmas list.
We used to have a place called VIllage Crafters for years....new and homemade and vintage stuff...it just closed...so sad..and my favorite gift shop had to move to a much smaller location. Now all the work on the main boulevard is done but a lot of stores are gone...couldn't make it with 2 years of construction messing everything up...It does look nice except for the closed stores....but not as nice as it should for all the trouble it caused.
I'll check back in later...the dogs are barking..someone is here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Watching The Voice, those folks can really sing!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Terry -about my toe--I think the cartridge is gone. I did make an appointment with the foot Dr. on the 10th.

Now I have got to see those Jim Shore angels. I'll check our Hallmark stores.

I had so much fun Christmas shopping with my sil today. We went to the huge mall in Schaumburg near Chicago. We didn't have a long time. Perhaps that was better because had to make decisions. The mall is so large we knew we didn't have time to get back to a particular store.

It rained tonight. YHEA!! We need it so badly. We broke a temperature 68 for today. This just isn't right. I was glad to hear that Fairbanks Alaska was frigid...maybe those glaciers won't be melting.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

In the ER with my Mil and will check in tomorrow after work.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Oh no, prayers for y'all.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie, I just had to go see the Santa's that you have and the one that you want. They are so cool. I'm going to be an enabler here: Amazon & jimshore.com both have the Scottish santa both in ornaments & figures. You were a good girl this year and deserve one!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Pineapple coconut tempura (fried) icecream!!!!!!!! Delish!!!!
Dh, Roni and I went to dinner. Dh had a good and fun trip.
In a few days we will have a freezer full of white tail deer and wild pig...to go with the elk that is already there...anyone ever had elkburgers DELISH!
Tomorrow my neighbor and I are going out for breakfast and some shopping...haven't hung out in ages.
Still have all my scrapcrap out but no mojo.
Vicki and I saw the Silver Lining Playbook...loved it...love Bradley Cooper.

Jon's sister sent us a bunch of dvds...old 50s sci fi movies...Them and the Thing and a few others...we're gonna have a marathon.

Cathe glad you got some rain...I'd have gladly sent you some of ours...we had 3 soakers in a row...brief break now for a few days...mostly sunny but cool. Glad you had fun shoppin'. Hope your bad big toe heals up....BAD toe!

Welcome Tammy. I've been married 27 years and have a 27 year old dd and another one almost 23...2 dogs and a grandbunny. The dds are my main layout subjects.

DD2 just dyed her hair purple...actually it looks dark brown with purple highlites...I see she posted a new facebook photo..I will have to steal that and do another layout.

Jo the pain will lessen as time goes on..the first couple holidays are hard after we lose someone. I'm sorry for your loss.

We'll miss you Mel.

Ashley the irregular regular..that's a good one. Are you excited about the Hobbit coming out...can't believe they're making it into 3 movies..I know it will have material from other books but I would like to see the Hobbit story all at once...still excited though.

Hi Katy please come down and scrap with me. You could be my mojo..and I have a present for you (I'm not against a little bribery.)

Hi everyone else I didn't say anything to....I will catch up further tomorrow but my leg is asleep (happens a lot when my big fat yorkie sits on my lap...which she is doing now).

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Cheryl...hope your MIL is ok!!

Just ci quickly and now I'm off to watch something...football is over tonight...maybe Castle.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Jeannie, I've had elk and moose as well as white tail deer. I will eat all those again but squirrel is nasty don't go there. I don't eat fish or seafood either.

I bet yor DD is lovely as always.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh Jeannie, I have this Jim Shore Santa:
http://www.jimshore.com/store/product/product info/chris...

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

To say I'm excited for "The Hobbit" would be an understatment....the movie comes out the last day of classes for me (my last final exam for the semester is the 14th of December)...so I'm celebrating with Hobbits! I even have special edition 3D glasses to wear to the movie!

Today's Elven Misadventure...

December Daily Day 3 2012 By DNA301
December Daily Day 3 2012 Journaling By DNA301

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Cheryl...hope your MIL is ok!!

Just ci quickly and now I'm off to watch something...football is over tonight...maybe Castle.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

I hope your MIL is ok Cheryl-keep us posted when you can

I wanna see Roni's new hair! She'd look good even if her hair was made out of spaghetti lol That fried ice cream sounds yummy

Terry-you pick who hosts what month-I'm cool with anything. Suprise me!

Where did Tammy go? Did we scare her off?

Hows your big bad toe Cathe? I hope it feels better

I hope the weather drops again here...we're supposed to be 80 all week Just gimmee 60 until January at least! Oh well...I can always turn the AC down low

Off today (yippeee)We have a gazillion stores to go to. I'd better get off my tucas so we can get out early

See ya'll later!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Abby0317

Hello Gals!!!
Hi Tammy! Welcome...I'm Jojo, Jody...happily married 2nd time to Wild Bill, Mom to 4, stepmom to 2. GrammieJo to3 DGS.,Aidan, Joey and Reese. Bill and I bought a campground last spring and relocated from MA to NH, leaving behind our grown kids and DGS>>> We have our DD Hannah who will be 14 Dec. 28th.
I'm still trying to unpack from our move, still trying to manage me time and get my scrap on. I'm guilty of not doing the later...Have been making Christmas stockings (crocheted). Seems like this is the only thing I can get into...banged out another one yesterday.
The temps around here warmedup and melted all of the 3 inches of snow we got...The rivers are running full from the snow melt in the mountains.

This morning as Hannah and I went to the bus stop we could hear a deer (must be young) baying in the field across the street, but saw nothing... I'm sure it was laying in the brush at the edge of the field...calling for Mommy...we've noticed alot of "young" animals this year....hope they make it through this winter.

Have to get into some more boxes and do some more Christmas decoration searching....maybe by the 23rd. I'll be all set??!!
Took three bookings yesterday too for January... pray these winter bookings continue! I knew Nov. and Dec. would be slow...so I'm happy to get some bookings for January...

Hi to all!!! I need to review the postings of the last two days...I'll be back to comment...and leave some lovin..

Cheryl, your posting was at the top of me page... Hope all goes well with your MIL!!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Awww Dawn, what a sweet child. My three year old granddaughter asked me the same thing last weekend.

Have the Christmas decorations out and mostly up. Need to hang a few things still and need to decorate the tree but first I need to either fix one section of lights on the pre-lit tree or replace them.

DH went to help our friends DD learn to drive. He has given her several lessons already. Her dad had her so shook up she drove thru someone's yard so now she won't drive with anyone else but DH. We taught all our kids to drive. Our first step is to go to an emplty parking lot. Turn the car on and off, put it in differnt gears, drive foreward and backward, drive around the parking lot, and into and out of parking spaces. All of that is mastered before going onto the street. We live in an extremely busy area and new drivers get eaten up. Many have deadly accidents. We did't start to teach our twins until they were 16 and never ever let them drive by themselves until they were 17. This girl is bearly 15, too young for this area. Part of the problem is you have to drive on the interstate highway and another part is these wealthy parents in The Woodlands buy fast very expensive cars for their kids. Cars like BMWs, Farrari, Porsche, Mercedes, Lotus, Lamborgheni, Lexus, Viper, and on and on. One kid was trying out a BMW and tried to turn into the dealership parking lot and missed the driveway, hit a tree, totaled the car (He didn't own it yet)and died. So sad.

that is really sad denise
my ds chris lost so many friends to under age driving...sweet jesus

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to dollscrap

love LOVE GAME MEAT dh boss just gave us some deer meat and we buy rabbit from the butcher market and you know we do pig
still waiting to see when they stop the service and i be hook up come saturday

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

ss cheryl keep us inform and sending prayer

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

big hi to everyone and it really nice weather in fort worth,today it in the 70 something looking for sale and free shipping will cbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Good morning everyone!

Cheryl I'm so sorry your mil had to go to the ER. Prayers being said.

Terry did you watch Castle? I thought it was a great episode. I'm so glad that the show wasn't ruined when they let Castle hook up with Becket.

Denise thanks for the link to Jim Shore site. Now I know what his things look like. I have seen them.

JoJO nice you got some bookings.

Donna enjoy your day off and shopping.

Hi Mel, Ashley and Jeannie and anyone else who checks in later. Have a great day.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good morning all...

Donna--enjoy shopping! I'm finally done except for 1 gift card. Good feeling! I'll leave you with Feb for hosting.
Denise--How's your toe? I've had Moose & caribou and was amazed at how tender both meats were.
Cathe--how's your toe? Mine nemisis is my back. Any lifting or raking or sweeping and it hurts for days. Glad you had a great time shopping yesterday too.
Jeannie--I agree with Denise that Roni could have any color hair and look terrific but I want see a photo! I've eaten deer, elk, moose, caribou, pheasant, duck (ick), goose, salmon (ick), and all kinds of fish. I happiest with a good hamburger!
Mel-- hope the interruption goes smoothly and quickly! My BIL lives in Ft Worth too.
Ashley---I'm glad that "teacher voice" allowed the quiet one to shop. And celebrating with the HObbit sounds terrific too!

Off to have coffee. Just wanted you all to know that some ghost came in last night and hit the send button so my post went on twice. I swear I did not post that twice...!!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good morning friends!

Terry, my mouth is watering too wanting some of that Mexican pulled pork! And thanks for the nice comment about my final reveal. It was a fun six months but I am ready to scrap just for me again!

Ashley, love the elf thing. I have seen so much of that on Pinterest!

Cheryl, I hope your mil is ok!

I know I have missed a lot of the chatter. Life is crazy busy right now. Hope everyone is ok and has a great day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Toe is not too bad today. Hope yours is better Cathe and your nemesis is gone today too Terry. Pain is such a drag!

Jody, nice that you got some reservations booked.Hopeit picks up for y'all soon. DH business is down too. I pray for our country 'cause if they don' get this out of control spending and defict under control I fear what may happen.

How are your kiddos doing this week Jody?

We got some rain today, we are behind 10 inches since Sept so its good.

DD is going for her all day pre op appt today. Her heart surgery is a week from today. DS is so scared and nervous. Heasked his twin sister to take off work and be there -they are really close. Dh, me, DDIL's parents, her sister, our DD and DS will be sitting in the waiting room. Nerves are such stressors.

Oh yeh, Dh made an appt with an audiologist!! Finally, now that I have lost my hearing from him turning the tv or the radio up loud. lol

Just can't get my mojo back. Someone please send a little my way. I need to go make my gift tags and finish my childhood vacation photos. Also have DDIL and DS honeymoon album to finish. Then there are the tons of old photos of ancestors. And I want to do our crusie to Alaska too.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Hey Denise!!!
Kids are doing OK...thanks for asking. My DD Ms. Elizabeth was is a car accident on Nov. 15th... with the baby no less. They are both doing fine. Ms. Liz does have a sore back still and sprained thumb which will require PT and if it doesn't help...she may have to have it operated on. She was apprehensive at first to have herself checked out...worrying about work and Reese...even though her boss was right behind her and saw the whole thing...just alot of lil bit stuff she was thinking about... but after two days of excruiating pain her BF demanded she get checked. She has whip-lash, strained back and a sprained thumb. Ms. Liz is also a nervous wreck while driving now. The doctor advised her to seek counseling... Reese was checked, and was fine...although he had what Ms. Liz thought was a diaper scuff on his upper thigh, turned out to be an abrasion caused by the accident. Reese still has a mark as told to me by Liz last night. She has called a lawyer... She is furious for one, stressed out with scheduling work schedules and school schedules, doctor's appt. and now counseling appts...never mind her BF getting to work and a babysitter for Reese. They have a rental and found out the car was totaled...so now they are looking for a new car....on top of the holiday hoopla... so that's just one facet of what's going on with my kids... other than their thinking and missing of their father...Our conversation last week with all three of them kept going back to the funeral and his last days... I think the anniversary has sparked a bit of reality that he is gone... so this is why I'm stressing...just wish I could hug and hold instead of giving advise over the phone...just doesn't seem to be enough.... but we are getting through it!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Denise, my thoughts and prayers to your dd and dsil and praying the operation goes smoothly for her. I'd be nervous too!!! Nice that they are close and that his sister can be with him with this going on.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Aww, poor Ms Liz. What an ordeal. What's the lyrics to that song? What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. Its true but not a painless process. Hugs to y'all.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

JOJO wow, so sorry to hear about Ms. Elizabeth's accident. At least she and Reese are relatively ok.

Denise I will add you dd to my prayers. What is her name?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks Cathe, Her name is Lindsey.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Denise...I so hope this operation goes well & the stress level isn't outrageous. I'm glad that your son also has his sister to help! Definitely let us know how everything goes. As far as my back goes, I have got to quit thinking I'm still 25 and give up lifting 25lb onto a shelf over my head! (ok I'll call myself a dumb sh?t)

Jody...Holy cow that is alot on anyone's plate. Send Ms Liz my love!

How's everyone else? Cheryl is your mil ok? Donna how was shopping? Get anything cool????
What's everyone want for xmas???? I want the Disney TinkerBell Cart for my Cricut and a tall jewelry box.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Jojo..I know your dd will be ok..this too will pass...and the Christmases will get easier...too bad all this is happening at once...maybe it means 2013 will be smooth sailing.

Cheryl...prayers going out for your mil.

Denise I wish the best for your sdd...and how sweet the kids are so close...it really helps when everyone rallies around...my best wishes for all of you.

Hi Mel...what does rabbit taste like...chicken?? lol....is it gamey...we have a cute little white bunny names Sugar...not sure I could eat rabbit.

I may scrap tomorrow or make cards..I keep saying that but the mojo is just not there...I have the will though but just can't seem to focus.

Terry thanks for the Jim Shore Santa info. I have a dozen or so Shore Santas...a few big ones and some ornaments...also angels and TinkerBelles (Katy collects Tink too) and a really cool witch...my dear sister in law sold me her Snow White and the 7 dwarves last year and they are all hanging on the tree...for a really good price...a steal. At the end of Xmas 2010 I got the Santa in his sleigh and a reindeer..in fllight the sleigh has little lights up and plays music...love it. My dds got me started...bought me my first Santas and angels..one angel has a nativity in her skirt and the scene revolves and there is a light in there and it is musical too. Love the colors and design of Jim Shore stuff.

Donna hope you had fun shopping too..what'd ya get?

My neighbor and I went to eat at Mimi's for a brunch and then went shopping in Danville at Blackhawk which is this upscale shopping center..I know ...la de da...but it was fun..at one place we tried on silly Christmas hats and took our photos and laughed most of the day..great time...only spent a little...mostly because no on has given me their Xmas lists yet...did get a couple stocking stuffers.

HI other ladies I didn't "talk" to...I am still not quite caught up but I hear Jon pulling up with the Chinese take out I ordered for us....steamed pork buns and salt and pepper fish among other delish things...we're gonna eat that and watch old 50s sci fi movies..he is still pooped from his trip though and will probably fall asleep.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Hi ladies! My MIL was admitted with dehydration and failure to thrive. She will not go home before Thursday according to the doctor. The problem is that she needs to get up and move and EAT!! She literally is doing this to herself. I do not get why either since her last chemo was 6 weeks ago and she is in remission. I really don't know what to do for her since she has to MAKE herself get better.

Gotta run!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

(sneaks in to drop off...)

December Daily Day 4 2012 By DNA301
December Daily Day 4 Journaling By DNA301

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! I have 3 days off and hope to make the most of them. I need to make some more gift card holders. Of course, there is the usual cleaning that needs to be done. I better get busy!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

I have lots to do today too.

My granddaughter has her school concert tonight. So I'll be busy tonight too.

Have a great day everyone.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

JCI...and still making xmas cards and working.
Have a good one...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Hello....
NOT making xmas cards and NOT working....just staring at the pile of scrapcrap waiting for some mojo.

lotsa rain...lazeeeeeeeeeeee........

Free shipping today here at SB and you gotta check out the new Kaisercraft pps....yesterday I ordered all the Secret Admirer (so much for not buying scrapcrap til after Christmas) and it already shipped. It is gorgeous.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Happy Hump Day!

Denise, glad the toe is doing better! I really hope your dd will have a successful surgery with no complications!

Jo, glad your dd and dgs are ok.

Hello to everyone else here! Hope you each have a wonderful day!

DOO….probably my last lo for the year…..just too much going on right now!

***FUNTOOLAS FUN SKETCH*** BELIEVE By Anna C

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

JCI

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

wow, somehow i have missed 2 pages here! i gotta get back into the groove!!! i'm almost caught up with several things, and soon i will be able to do whatever i need to in all of these challenges

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

oops forgot this:
*Beautiful Moments By Flutterbye0419

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

stopping in to see who came bye.

I didn't get much accomplished today. I did get a pkg to the post office so I guess that was my big accomplishment. lol

I tried to do some Christmas shopping. It seems everything I want is $5.00 too much. lol or it is way under the price I want to spend and then I'm looking for something to make up the difference and that doesn't seem to work out. lol

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-05-12 03:38 PM

Dropping by to see how you all are. I see my name is still on the member list, so I guess I haven't been booted! Thank you, thank you!

I make promises to keep up but something always gets in my way...I will try to do better!

I am going back to read and see how many layouts I need to leave some love on, and drop one off.

Ho, ho, ho...Christmas is coming!

BINGO By Tishd

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Tishd

Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about Ms. Elizabeth's accident Jojo!

I hope all goes well your DD's surgery. I will keep her in my prayers

Terry-February is just fine

Shopping was good yesterday. We got out of the house before 9:00 am...and got home around 2:30. We went to Panera Bread for lunch. Yumm...I had a cup of chedder broccli soup and a 1/2 of a mozerella & sun dried tomato on a panini. We got some shopping done-still have to get Patricks phone and one more gift for the hubby. We priced gold chains (for Patrick's graduation in May)YIKES-gold went UP. The same chain we paid $400 for 2 years ago is now almost $700. Wasn't really planning on spending that much

I have 2 funnies for ya'll. I can be sooo blonde at times (no offense to you blondes)I just have to share this lol

Blonde moment #1 - So I leave work Saturday, go to get in my truck and the lock felt different. i look and the door was unlocked. I'm like hmmmm..I always lock my doors. Something felt kinda weird. I get in, sit down and look around. I'm like wait a sec..where are the trinkets that hang from my mirror? That's when I realized...it wasn't my truck!!! I ran outta that thing SO fast lol

Blonde moment #2 - We went to Ross yesterday...Pat went outside to wait for me. I'm coming out of the store with my wagon and the wagon is giving me a heck of a time as I try pulling it out the door. I tug and tug but it won't come out. Pat comes over and says " what the heck are you doing?". He then says "do you not see the big pole on the wagon???". I look up and realize that's why I can't get the wagon outside. Then it got stuck and I couldn't get it back in the store lol In my defense it's been years since I was in a store that had poles on their wagons. I thought they only did that in Brooklyn lol

And on that note...have a great night!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Got a flue shot today, heard on the news last night that it is epidemic in TX already. Hope it is not too late. Now my stinking arm hurts and is swollen and hot. That always happens to me when I get those shots. booo

DH is in the kitchen making peperoni and sausage pizza. yumm.

Donna, Panera, ooo yes, sounds delish!

Cathe, I have the same issue with prices this year. Frustrating.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics