Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: May---New Layouts        (Topic#1587581)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Welcome to the May edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Cheryl for hosting April!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June.......Cathe
July.......Mel
August.....Vae

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 04-30-13 10:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Cheryl for jumping in and hosting April!!!

And even tho I'm a day early, Happy Birthday Katy!!
Hope you have a terrific day...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey, thanks Cheryl for April and Terry for May. Very much appreciated.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi Terry and thanks for hosting.

Hi everyone...I got so far behind for April that I just jumped to May.

Anna I am praying for your dad...I hope they figure out what the problem is soon and fix it.

Mel...interesting that your dh's family has their own graveyard. Sweet story of him putting the fishing poles at his dad's grave...very touching.

I haven't heard much from my sister either...I do know she is fine and she had a great birthday dinner (her bday is tomorrow) but I will let her tell the story when she ever comes back on here.

I feel the same...not bad but not great...gonna go sit out in the sun. Mel you're right...when we get older it does take longer to get over things.

I have scrapcrap all over the dining room table...maybe today........

maybe not.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

Thanks you Cheryl for keeping us going in April. Thank you Terry for getting us to May.

It is got here today. ..86!!! I ran errands this morning when it was still cool. It is cool in the house as this is our first hot day.

I thought I'd get to scrap today, but it didn't happen. I feel like it's been forever since I've gotten to upload a LO.

I'm off to make enchiladas. I'm going to give my sister Jean (who had the hysterectomy) a pan for dinner.

OK NCIS watchers....I sure hope they didn't kill off Ziva or Tony. I'll be MAD!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Yay NCIS....

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Is NCIS a two parter??? Is it the season ender...better not be a cliffhanger?? I will hate that....but love the show..both of them.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

I think I remember the commercial saying there were 3 NCIS episodes left and that is why I wondered if it were the season end or the end of the show. I love that show & don't want it ending!

Teriyaki chicken & fried rice for supper so I need to go cook...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Its not ending, they renewed the contract!! And yes there are more episodes, at least one more this season and they kept Ziva, whew!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good evening ladies!!

I don't watch NCIS but I hope you all are happy with the results.

I like SMASH and they are cancelling it, and I am very sad!!

Anna - Hope you get some answers Friday.

I have had a long day. I will see you in the a.m.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 08:25 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Ladies!

Thanks to our hostesses! I can do August if nobody has signed up yet? The dust should be settled with our house by then.

I still need to go catch up... it's been a really exhausting week. Going to bed soon but dropping off a card I did tonight and one from last night.

Panda Card By Vae

Dragon Friend By Vae

Thank You (Black) By Vae

Thank You (green) By Vae

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

I'll put you in for August Vae and if something happens just let us know!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Cheryl for April...and Thank you Terry for May!!!

Good Morning!!!
Been up since 4:30 a.m., got Hannah off on her trip...posted 30 pictures on FB...DH said, you took how many??? He thought that was too much....silly man.... So they are there to check if you'd like... just soo much easier...30 pics in a snap! To put four in here may take 1/2 an hour. Well I can tell you, my 3rd cup of coffee isn't working...Billy wanted me to make breakfast...I told him...fat chance... ( He's been hinting around...we'll be alone for 5 days...) Yeah OK Buddy, SNAP OUTTA IT! All I have in my very near future right now is a NAP!!!
Will be back later to catch up!!! Everyone have a great day!!
The weather is MARVELOUS!!! Now if it would only stay this way 365 days a year...but rumor has it....it will be like this for a good week!!! I hope so!!! Everything is turning GREEN!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Happy birthday Katy!! Hope you get to do something you like!

Vae- your cards are cute. I love that embossing design.

Terry hope the workmen didn't catch you in your pj's.

Mel thanks for the links for free stuff. Did you tell me that you set up a different email address from your regular one? I don't want to receive a bunch of ads, or them selling my info.

Well I'm so happy they didn't kill off anyone on NCIS. I think NCIS is the hightest rated show on tv..saw that somewhere. So I didn't think they'd change the show in any way. I'm still mad they did away with Vance's wife. I think there are 2 more episodes.

I have no plans for today...it is wonderful!

Catch you all later.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hi JoJo- glad you got Hannah off and snapped lot of photos. Now you be nice to Wild Bill.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Morning all:

Yeah for NCIS for not hurting Diva or Tony! Big sigh of relief!! Now to cu on The Following, Bates Hotel, & Castle before the new shows come in June. I so love Tivo!!!

OMG ladies the front of the house is everything I wanted. He's almost done and the stone is awesome. DH & I want to do the side wall now too. Dang where is that Money Tree???? I'll have photos today or tomorrow.

Jody: are you surviving Hannah being gone? She's going to have so many stories to tell & remember!
Donna: Is Port Jervis where you lived before FLA?
Those were cool photos!
Katy: Happy Birthday!
Denise: how are you?
Mel: Are all the earth boxes planted? I need to get some herbs for my patio but we had frost this morning...!
Anna: how's your dad?
Cheryl: loved the nurses quote on FB...it really said it all!
Jeannie: are you ok yet? Cold gone?

HI Vae, Cathe, Stephanie, Ashley, and I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

I'm here. Trying to get caught up. Terrible issues with this site here at work. Will catch up when I get home.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful perfect sister. She IS the sweetest person and I am so lucky to be her sister. PARTAY!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Happy Birthday By Rockmom

Happy Birthday Katy!

Hannah will have fun and make so many memories, Jody.

Agree, NCIS is a good show. I like Castle too.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Happy May Day By Rockmom

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 09:38 AM
In response to rockmom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Vae

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!

Went back to bed for a lil bit...Billy cooked his own breakfast... Went up top and started working on the fence...it got HOT quick...YAY!!! Came back down for lunch. Taking calls for reservations, everyone is biting at the bit...GOOD!! hehe!!! Have two cats in heat...GRRRR, this will be their last! Scheduled spay-ding for the both of them!! Had to wait for Scruff to stop nursing, and Midge is MORE than old enough...she'll be a year the end of MAY...4 weeks to be exact. They are hard to keep in...but are good in the house...the only thing they bother is with Ebby...they get all lovey dovey with her and she doesn't like it. Scruffy will stand up under her chin to get a rub...BUT MIDGE... honestly Ebby was laying on the cool floor after running around outside....Midge comes up jumps and straddles her head and put her in a head lock...nipping at her ears...funniest thing I've seen. Poor Eb didn;t know what to do! She just looked at me ...Like really??? Is this necessary??? Don't laugh....GET HER OFF OF ME!!! It was hysterical...I wanted to video it...but as soon as I moved out of the chair..physco Midge was off and looking for another victim! We have to be viligant going in and out of the cabin....both are always right by the door...

Making twisty salad now to have with grilled burgers tonight on Archie's new grill, need to make a dessert too....Promised Archie I would!

Yesterday while out getting stuff. We picked up the gates for the sandpit. We took Archie's truck because his is bigger and a longer bed... After Lowe's (grill and tank)we headed to Tractor Supply, then we went to Wally world and then the grocery store. When I came out of the grocery store we loaded up the truck's back seat, I walked around the truck and BAM! I slammed into the dam gates with my noggin...broke my glasses...nearly knocked myself out! I just stood there holding my head trying to figure what the he!! just happened....Archie's asking if I'm OK, and DH is laughing at me.....Honestly....Now you wonder why I didn't make breakfast! I have quite the knot on my forehead...very tender, sure can feel it when I bend down....But that's me...it's a Jojo thing!!!

Hanging in there with Hannah gone...will keep myself busy!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Jojo Noons

Oh your poor knot head Jojo!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Happy Easter By Scrappin 2

Here is one I actually finished about 2 weeks ago. Throwing the bridal shower took a lot of time and trips into town.
There are 3 other in my gallery too. I'm done with Easter! That is our son Doug, his wife Charity, and kids, Nev and Van.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-01-13 12:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!!

I have had a horrible day and don't care to go into detail. Nothing I had planned to do today got done due to unforeseen circumstances. I did get to play with Ryan today which lifted my spirits some. It was 80 degrees so we played outside and blew bubbles.

Katy - Happy Birthday!!!

Ann - Still praying for your dad and family

Stephanie - I think I forgot to say welcome back from vacation!!

JoJo - I guess we know one thing you will be doin while Hannah is away!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

Thanks for hosting April Cheryl and thanks for May Terry!

Sorry to hear you’re still not feeling better Jeannie. Hope you are 100% soon

So how is Hannah doing Jojo? So nerve wracking letting them that far out of out sight! I bet she’s having a blast!

Happy belated Birthday Katy! I hope it was awesome!!

So glad to hear you love the way the front of your house turned out Terry. Can’t wait to see the pics! And yes-Port Jervis is where I lived before moving down here. I was feeling a lil homesick the other day. Went and found me some pictures on Pinterest

Sorry you had a crappy day Cheryl. I hope today is better for you (((hugs)))

Mel…how are you doing?

We went to pick up Patrick’s tux last night. He looks so grown up and handsome! I’m excited for him-he’s gonna have a blast! Turns out his date’s dad is a pastor. This should be interesting.

2 more days til the Scrapbook Expo! I'm so excited!! I'm gonna meet up with Mandi-I'll take pics of course. I'm hoping to get there for 9:00...will be able to stay til maybe 1:00. Gotta get back home for Patrick. I just wanna shop!

Dropping off a few I made Sunday-can’t believe I made 3 in one day!

Hihihi to everyone else!

Lovin from the Oven By DittoBabyGirl

Christmas Cookie Day 2012 By DittoBabyGirl

Christmas Yummies By DittoBabyGirl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh...ya know whats delicious? Add a teaspoon of peanut butter to your oatmeal. Its like eating a bowl of peanut butter. Yummmmmmm

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning all! Thanks Cheryl and Terry for your hosting duties! Whatever month is next for a hostess, I will take. September maybe?

I am still having problems with this site. Anybody else? Takes forever to get a photo to open up and even longer for my comment to post, often duplicating.

Katy, hope you had a wonderful birthday!

I like NCIS with LL Cool Jay…NCIS Los Angeles? I have the season taped and haven’t watched them all yet. I am very glad to read that Dallas was renewed for a third season. Anybody watch the Client List?

Saw your photos, Jo! I know your dd is having a blast!

Terry, look forward to your house photos! Or did I miss them on FB? Wasn’t on much last night or this morning.

Cheryl, I am sorry your day was bad yesterday. I hope today is much better for you.

Donna, your food layouts made me so hungry! Would love to have one of your cookies with my coffee but sorry, I gotta pass on the peanut butter with my oatmeal!

Ok….think I am all caught up here now. Hope I didn’t miss anyone. Not intentional if I did. Boy, it has been a struggle on this site!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Cheryl - sure hope today is better for you.

Anna-my DH loves NCIS Los Angeles. I sometimes watch it and sometimes don't. I haven't seen Client List. Maybe we don't get it. Is it on a major station?

It seems everyone is having trouble with the site. Over at scrappin' grams we are all in an uproar. I haven't had too much trouble, but change is hard. I don't like how it posts when I comment in a gallery. The old way - it sort of popped up. Now it posts below and I don't see it unless I scroll down. I think sb should have thought this out a little more.

Donna- I'd love to go to the scrap Expo with you. I need some Summer papers. --well not need, but you know what I mean.

Terry can't wait to see the photos of the house. We need new landscaping.

All for now. Everyone have a good day.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 05:59 AM

Good morning all!

DOO and then I'll be getting caught up on chat and love.

With Deepest Sympathy By Vae

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Oh your poor knot head Jojo!

Lol! Put a sticker or some bling on it Jo!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

Morning Ladies: It is absolutely gorgeous outside. I've had to stay home because of the remodel, etc and today I'm out & about. Taking the camera too.

I'll post some photos today as well. I love it! Plus now I know we will do the from of the garage and the long wall up the side walk too.

Anna: I haven't had any trouble with the site but I haven't tried to post anything yet either. I love NCIS--La too! Haven't watched the Client List yet. I wish Tivo would record unlimited shows at a time.
Cheryl: Sorry you had a ruff day. Hope playing with Ryan will sooth that! Hugggsss anyway! How's your DH doing?
Vae: gorgeous card! I need to look at that cart. I've tried to stop buying lately and use what I have.
Cathe: really cute LOs of Easter. Looks like you all had a great one too.
Jeannie: Getting ready for the weekend with Katy? Tell her we miss her!
Donna: I just love all the recipes you find on P...mint choc cheesecake in shooter glasses. I almost fainted!!! Wonder how high one of those would shoot my glucose!!!!
Denise: love your May Day tags! Did you hear about all the violence yesterday because it was May Day? What is all that about anyway?
Jody: Your poor head!!!! I'm a clutz and give Steve no end of amusement because of it. How's Hannah doing? What all were they going to get to see?

Hi to all...gotta run. Spent more time on this fool computer than I wanted too!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

That's funny Jeannie!!!! (sorry Jody)

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Vae

NCIS! Yay Ziva...kill that mummy guy! (anyone get my reference?) I forgot his name. He was in the Mummy.

I haven't seen any mention of American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. I'm glad Andy ******** stayed around for awhile...he was fun. And on AI...any one of those girls could win..and although I still love Kree, I think Candice has been the most consistently brilliant.

The cold is still hanging in there....just the teeniest bit better each day. Had to turn down watching my neighbors adorable granddaughter..she's the one with CF. She's doing well...very busy and walking now..I'm sure she would be a fun for the 1/2 hour they needed me but with this cold or whatever it is I had to say no.

Steph I hope your vacation was great fun.

Our lawn almost looks new after having been thatched and aerated. Half the impatiens I planted out front croaked..dunno why..so I am going to the nursery for some good old greraniums..tired of planting new stuff each year...used to be fun...it still is when they don't croak on me...everything in the back yard looks really nice so far.

I gotta clean house too for the weekend...don't wanna. Now I want to scrap..NOW...after having everything scattered around the table and all the time in the world all week...now when there is stuff to do, I'd rather scrap..even though Katy is coming tomorrow evening and we'll be scrapping all weekend, I want to scrap right NOW. bye.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

Andy ******** being Andy D!CK!!!!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Ya know I don't do change well but the changes here have not really bothered me much. I found everything and its easy to use so far. No problems for me so far.

LOL Jeannie, a sticker of bling....

Maybe the cold and damp got to the impatiens Jeannie? Sometimes they are susceptible to damp- off right after transplanting.

Donna, cute LOs, glad to see someone is scrappin.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Terry, what May Day Violence? I didn't hear. Guess I should look it up.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hiya? Getting ready for finals here but I snuck this in in between making study cards for my exams...

With Attitude 2013 By DNA301

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 01:27 PM
In response to DNA301

DOO:

Birthday Cupcake By Vae

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Terry, what May Day Violence? I didn't hear. Guess I should look it up.

I hadn't heard anything either.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Sorry for the confusion. The May Day violence was downtown Seattle and it looked like a mini riot went on. Then here in Portland they held rallies and congregated but nothing really bad happened. I don't know why...but I guess it happened last year too.

I had a pretty fun day running errands. I'd see some cool bush or tree that was flowering and I stopped several times & took photos. I'll get them loaded and pass a few on. We have a lilac garden just 10 mi down the road and after living here for 26 yrs I think I'll go there tomorrow for the first time.

Yep...bye bye Andy! Still voting for Zendaya!

BBL....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

DOO

Doris June Foster By Rockmom

Brrrrr it turned cold. Shivering here.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good evening ladies!!

I had a MUCH better day even though I was at work. Now I am off for 4 days!! Someone asked about DH. He is about the same. I spoke with the doctor's office today about his blood work and he said it showed "nothing helpful" and that we will discuss options on the 20th when we have an appointment. I was NOT happy!!

I promise to chat and comment more the next 4 days. I am tired and ready for a shower.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

DWTS...it was time for Andy to go. I'm pulling for Zendaya. I think Shawn will be next.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Hi Gals!!!
Cleaned all three bigger cabins below...Just a quck broom, vac and dust in Cabin 1 and 2. Must needed thorough cleaning in Cabin 3...after all there were 10 guys in there!!! I left it for three days to air out...Had stripped the beds and did a light cleaning the day after they left. Then getting ready with Hannah's trip took priority.... Was good to do...now done...yea!!
I went to bed early last night, I was tired. Hannah called home at about 12:30 a.m., Billy talked with her, I slept through it...(dang!)He says, she was all excited, talked his ear off, taking pictures, ran into Tom Hanks, They had just gotten back from seeing a play...said she is exhausted from being up since 4:30 a.m., but so "stimulated" by the day's events she thinks she'll have trouble sleeping. She knows each day is very busy...so she's gonna try to sleep... Says she will call each night....Tonight is MY night to talk with her to see how the day went...hahaha!
Billy and I worked on my ATV today, changed the oil, checked the air in the tires, cleaned the fuel filter. Before we got involved in my bike, I had bought more seeds the other day and a seed starter tray...planted Big Boy tomatoes and re-bought the packet of HOT PEPPERS which had no seeds before...and planted those...So this is what I have for my garden
green beans
spinach
pumpkins
big boy tomatoes
Hot peppers variety/hybrid type
summer squash
zucchini
sweet peppers
jalepeno peppers
roma tomatoes
sunflowers
corn
cucumbers
I want to buy some basil, garlic, have oregano, have lavendar, have chives...

So I think I should be all set. May pick up radishes and carrots later...we'll see.

Jeannie, I think I should just mark a bullseye on my forehead!!! Luckily it isn't bruised...not one you can see anyway...but the dang thing is itchy...(must be healin) so of course not even thinking I scratch it and YOWIE!!! Oh dang tender!

Waiting for Hannah to call. They were leaving NYC and going to Philly....Visiting Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, then leaving Philly, headed to Washington DC :
itinerary...4:30 Visit Ford Theater 6:00p.m. bus to hotel, check into Hotel, bring things to room, 6:15 to Union Station, dinner at food court, 8:00 p.m. depart Union Station, Metro to Smithsonian Station, 8:15p.m. visit WWII Memorial, Washington Monument and White House, 9:45 walk to hotel, 10:15p.m. Arrive at Hotel...
Tomorrow...Arlington National Cemetery
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier watch changing of guard Wreath Laying Ceremony..(kids from our group to be chosen to lay wreath)
Space Memorial, USS Maine Memorial
Robert E.Lee Mansion
John F. Kennedy Grave Site
Smothsonian Museum
National Zoo
5:30 Board bus for Tour of Monuments
White House
Jefferson Memorial
Roosevelt Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Vietnam Memorial
Korean Memorial
Marine Corps Memorial
Bus to Pentagon City for dinner at food court
then finish visiting Monuments
back to hotel for 10:00
She will be babbling by tomorrow night...hope she sleeps well tonight!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Then there's two more days of this...traveling back Sunday...arrival time of 9:00 p.m.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Aww that sounds like a great trip Jojo. Also your garden will be fantastic!

Cheryl happy to hear today went better. get some rest.

Edited by rockmom on 05-02-13 06:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Doria June Foster By Rockmom

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Jojo-you exaust me!! I feel so lazy after reading all you do in a day. Sounds like a wonderful trip...something she'll always remember

Enjoy your 4 days off Cheryl!

Aren't those mini desserts CUTE Terry? I just had to go out and buy mini dessert shooter glasses. Got a nice set of 12 with mini spoons on Amazon

Well today is my Friday for a change! I hope to get to the Expo by 9:30 tomorrow. At least I don't have to get up at 4:30. Getting up at 6:00 am will feel like I'm sleeping in lol

Oh Cathe...have you seen the new Bo Bunny summer line? Key Lime. I must have it!!

Dang...I had added a whole buch of things to my Wish List-nothing is in there! Whats up with that?????

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning everyone!

Donna-have fun at the Expo tomorrow. I haven't seen Bo Bunny's new summer line. They are one of my favorite companies. I haven't tried adding to my wish list since the site changes have gone into effect.

JoJo- Man o man that is a busy schedule.I'm tired just reading about it.

Have a good day everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Donna- I went to see the Bo Bunny line. That will be perfect for your cruise. I hope they have it at the Expo. Usually our Expo doesn't have the latest releases.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Well, I thought I would have the day to do as I pleased but I thought WRONG. Isaac needed to go fill out some paperwork and do a physical for a new job that he will be starting on Monday so I am at his house with Ryan. I don't know how long he will be gone. I guess I will put off getting my hair done until tomorrow.

Donna - Have fun at the expo and then getting ready for Patrick's prom.

JoJo - Sounds like a thrilling time for Hannah!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cathe, The Client List is on Lifetime.

Jeannie, I watch bits and pieces of DTWS. I still want Pickler to win. I guess she is still there? I was taping the show but I never seem to get around to watching them so I just quit taping them and watch the recap on the net whenever I think of it.

Sounds like such a nice trip, Jo. Wish I was with them! Would love to revisit those places again.

Donna, have a blast at the Expo! Have fun with Mandi too! Enjoy all of the prom hupla with Patrick as well!

I’ve been texting all morning with DD. Planning my trip to Texas, getting a bit excited. I am watching plane ticket prices in hopes of saving some money so spend out there!

Hello to the rest of the gang! Have a wonderful day and I will check back sometime this weekend.

Edited by Anna C on 05-03-13 06:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Holy cow is there lots going on or what!

Donna:
Enjoy the Expo, say hi to Mandi, and spend spend spend!!! Then take lots of photos of Patrick too!
What a fun weekend you have planned!

Anna:
Yes Kelly Pickler is still there and doing fantastic! The final will be between her & Zendaya. You are going to TX? How cool...I bet you are really excited!

Denise:
Great LOs!

Jody:
Hannah will certainly have a full trip! I can only imagine how exciting it is for her. Did Tom Hanks stop and talk to the group? You are going to have a full garden too!

Cheryl:
I'm sorry that the doctors can't find what's wrong. Are there any other options? I'm thinking like the Mayo clinic or something like that. Have a great 4 days off!

Jeannie:
Keep up posted on what you two are doing & say HI to Katy. Have fun too.

Hi Vae, Stephanie, Ashley, Mel, & Cathe!!
DH got called to jury duty today--not sure if he'll be picked or not. I'm going to the lilac gardens with camera in tow and then more grocery shopping. I spend $600 at Costco and didn't get anything fun! How expensive are groceries going to get?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey everyone!

Yay for expos, visits to DDs in TX, proms, trips to DC, and all that jazz!

I see the Jeannie was a winner in the SB.com New Style comment thread. Cool! Congrats Jeanie.

Awful the prices are just awful Terry. Oh I love lilacs, can't wait to see the pics.

Sure you can lift my LO I never mind.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

I saw that too Denise and I have NO idea what it is for...did I enter something and forget??....I been siiiick.

Katy gets here today around 5 today and although I planned to clean house yesterday, I scrapped instead...so then I thought I'd start early this morning but instead I planted some flowers. Still haven't started..cleaned off the table for scrapping though...got my priorities straight there.
I'll guilt Katy into getting on here and saying hi. I know she will want to...just a busy gal.

Yay Anna...Texas bound!

Kelly Pickler and Zendaya are my faves too....they must've have had dance training.

Donna have a great time at the Expo....let us know what you get.

Oh gotta go..still have flowers to plant and gotta get er done before the shade goes away...I'll be on here during the weekend...have a good one all you beautiful ladies.

Here's what I did yesterday...stealing Roni's selfies again.

A Moment in Time (Swirlydoos) By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Jeannie, when SB.com was getting ready to launch their new look they posted a thread saying so and asking us to post a comment and be automatically entered to win $10. I posted a link to that thread here and told y'all to go make a comment. You did and you were one of the winners!!!!! Here's the link:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15869...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh Jeannie, thanks for questioning that age, she was 15, still looks older than that to me...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good afternoon!!

I am still at my son's house. Ryan I went into town to pick up my new nursing shoes then decided to have lunch at McDonald's. On the way back, he sacked out in his car seat and now sleeping in his bed. I decided it was a good time to sneak on the computer for a few minutes.

Jeannie and Katy - Have fun scrapping this weekend!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Aunt Doris and Mike By Rockmom

Afternoon y'all!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Yhea Jeannie won something....let us know what you won.

Thanks Denise for telling us to sign up for the drawing. I did sign up. Glad someone I know won.

It was rainy all day and chilly. I felt like a slug. The only thing I cleaned was the kitchen sink. I scrapped and messes around on the computer.

This evening we are going to pick up Italian food,& take it to our sons. after we eat I am helping dil, Charity fix the egg dish and french toast dish for the baby shower.

Have a good evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

YW Cathe, and I too am glad someone I know won!! yay

Have fun this evening and at the shower...

We are eating leftover lasagna tonight, wish I had a salad to go with it.

Nothing good on the tube tonight so I think I will scrap.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good evening!!

Cathe - Sorry I missed you this afternoon. I had the computer up but Ryan was awake from his nap so I was entertaining. Enjoy making the dishes for the shower.

Jeannie - Congrats on the win!!

Not sure what I am doing tonight but tomorrow I AM getting my hair done!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ALL!!

I'm pooped been putting up fencing all day with Wild Bill...got one whole side done up to where the gate will go...
Tomorrow is a busy day, seasonals coming in to clean up their campsites and they too will be getting ready for a new season...Still plenty of raking to be done.
Hannah expected to call about 10:15/10:30...will be going to bed right after...can;t wait to hit the sheets...
I'll pop in in the morning...
Happy Scrapbook Day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Well DD came and got DH and I and took us to Chuys for supper. Yumm, creamy jalapeno ranch dip, queso, chips, and fajitas. Stuffed to the eyeballs! lol Definitely better than lest over lasagna.

DOO

Just Married By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Touching!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEiA80ZL08

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to dollscrap

Here is my first LO of May and for NSD!

Budapest By SJB1120

-Stephanie

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SJB1120

Good morning.......
score
Katy.....1 two pager
Jeannie....a big ZIP!

She's gonna come on here and say hi.

Cathe I won a $10 coupon for SB.com...yay shopping! Thanks Denise for telling what I won it for.

Steph glad you had a great time..those photos of Budapest are great.

Oh yeah Happy Scrapping Day!! I forgot to check out the challenges. Since I'm mojoless so far today I could use some inspiration.

Jo when do you NOT have a busy day. I wish I had 1/4 your energy.

I'll come back later...I hear my neighbors who are moving soon outside...they're already in their new place but their house here has been professionally staged and I wanna go be nosey......

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Happy NSD.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good afternoon!!

I refused to get on the computer this morning. I went to the hair salon and had my highlights and lowlights refreshed. Later this afternoon, I am taking Priscilla and her boyfriend out to eat for her birthday. He and his grandmother are fixing lunch for her tomorrow (her ACTUAL birthday). The girl is spoiled. Her present was to upgrade to the IPhone 4S which we did 3 days ago. She is ecstatic!!

Jeannie - Very touching video

Happy NSD!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
Here is my first LO of May and for NSD!

Budapest By SJB1120

-Stephanie

Hi Stephanie--I saw your LO as an example.
Do you know if we have to link our los somewhere besides our gallery?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I've entered 4 challenges.
I have them in my gallery but don't know if I have to link them anywhere else. Does anyone know?

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Sorry I just saw this!

As long as you've checked off the box when you are uploading it and the challenge appears below the LO, you are all set!!

I'll go check yours out!

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

For the Party LO and for the Hot Mess you haven't actually submitted them yet, if you edit the image you can check off the challenge box. And if you don't see one for the Hot Mess challenge you can upload it right on the challenge page. I hope you see this before midnight!

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Here is my second LO for NSD! I thought I'd get more done, but I really put a lot into these two.

The Sound of Music By SJB1120

-Stephanie

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to SJB1120

Thank you Stephanie. I went back and edited the post making sure I checked the box and embedding.

Your LOs are great. It was fun to do. There is still time left but I think I'm scrapped out. LOL Didn't think I'd ever say that.

Hope everyone had a nice day.

The baby shower was wonderful. I'll post some pictures because it may be awhile before I scrap them.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Stephanie I didn't see a box to check for Hot Mess. How do I get it to the challenge?----Never mind I figured it out, I hadn't joined the challenge.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-04-13 04:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Hey, Very busy, coming in now for dinner/ Made spaghetti and meatballs in the crockpot. Going to chow and then sit by the fire. Billy and i are laughing...the season hasn't even started yet and we'll be happy romorrow morning most all will be going home. We've gotten use to the quiet I think! LOL~
We've jsut been working so hard, we're tired and don't have the patience for someones nosey questions...Funny, how intrusive some can be...yikes! When will this be done, I hope such and such will be done by then...Why don't you do this?? Why did you put that there...I think Billy even heard...what are you thinking??? which just PO'd him right off.....we've worked so hard...and to hear the critisim (sp?) and with being tired...it just hit harder than normal...Felt like saying...you don't like it? leave! Sometimes they forget, YOU own the place not them. Yes they pay for a seasonal...but not for me to kiss their a$$...they don't pay THAT much!
It's all in beginning a new season...this will pass...the comments jsut hit me hard...I came home and took a two and a half hour nap...Will try again tomorrow...and wave as they go home.. It sounds terrible, but we are fortunate, we do have a good group of people. No big drinkers which is a plus all day long!!! Some are very forward...that's all,almost like you need to answer to them....well by the end of this season...they'll know better!

OK I need to head outside...then be back for Hannah's call. Can't wait for her to come home tomorrow night!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi Ladies
score....
Katy.. 2 2pagers and 2 singles
Me.....1 single solitary lonely old layout.
par...for...the...course.

We're having a very nice time...will come back sometime tomorrow to chat.
made her watch 5 episodes of Big Bang Theory and we watched the Giants beat the Dodgers and she still got all those layouts done.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!

Stephanie thank you for your help yesterday. I appreciate it.

JoJO- hope you got a good night's rest. I hope the day flies by (or is it bye?) and Hannah gets home safe and sound. Was she able to get a camera?
If not I'm sure someone can give her pictures. My dd is always telling me to "enjoy the moment" instead of snapping pictures...silly girl, what would I scrap????

No plans yet except church. It is going to be a gorgeous day. Have a nice day everyone. bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jeannie please ask Katie to link one of her los here. I don't have her on my friend's list. I tried looking for her in your friend's list and didn't see here there. I wanted to see her los and leave some love.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I love love!!! And you are most welcome, I would have for you to miss out because of technical difficulties...I'm worried because I can't see my Sketch It Out entry, but on the gallery page it says it was submitted so I'm gonna go with it!

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Here's my first LO for another series of challenges! These are all fairy tale themed!

Rapunzel's Tower By SJB1120

-Stephanie

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SJB1120

Morning Ladies!

Felt sooo good to sleep in

The EXPO was amazing!!! I felt like a kid in a candy store. Spent way too much money lol. I got a bunch of stamps, stickers and paper. Oh...and I got these glass stones that you glue photos or pp underneath then use as embellies. Mandi didn't make it...I texted her, got a text back like 2 hours later that she had to work. I think it was her hubby. Whoever texted me said she was really upset as she'd been looking so forward to it. Theres going to be a stamping/cardmaking convention in June. I must go to that one too!

Patricks prom was amazing-he had such a good time and looked so handsome. His date (who is now his girlfriend) is so sweet. We all met at her house at 4:30, then they went out for dinner. We went back there at 7:00 for pictures with the limo. Her parents are so nice-especially her mom. Her dad's a preacher so I was like "ut oh" this can be akward. We're non practicing Catholics. But they were very nice Hubby and I went out for dinner at Carrabbas then took a ride to Ybor City to this tattoo shop. They were crowded so I didn't wind up by getting anything. We're gonna try going on a Sunday afternoon...maybe it won't be as crowded then. As far as the sleepover...only 2 guys slept over much to my relief lol. They're still out cold

Congrats on the win Jeannie! Say hi to Katy for me. I'm sure you guys are having a blast. That vid was very touching-made me shed a tear

Chuys sounds yummy Denise!

Yay for Pricilla getting an Iphone 4!

Glad you had fun at the baby shower Cathe

I bet you can't wait for Hannah to get home Jojo!

Hi hi to everyone else! Gonna get off this computer now and go play with my scrappy toys :

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Hello all! Of course for the 4th year in a row I missed NSD and all the fun. Bummer...Went training yesterday (the dogs) took a 2 hr nap, and lazied the rest of the day. Today we are putting on all the molding around the floor. Also Painting the siding. And doing 14 loads of clothes!!!

Jeannie: Congrats on the win & tell Katy HI. I loved that video...the music too was amazing!
Donna: what joy! I'm so glad that you had a great time at the Expo and got to enjoy Patrick before Prom! Awesome young man!
Denise: I loved your last 2 LOs. Fran commented about her love of saddle shoes and mine is a whole different side of that. I hated them. I have flat feet & they had arches which hurt me. I used to drag them on the street to wreck em so I could get new shoes--not them. Mom thankfully caught on.
Stephanie: Very cool LOs and I love your photos! As I said, I didn't have a clue that some fairy tale stuff was real.
Cathe: so glad the shower went well!
Cheryl: want to see a new photo of your new hair! Glad you got to go play with Ryan too...
JOdy: I would have a hard time holding my tongue if people said stuff like that to me. How Rude!@!
How's Hannah doing on her trip?

Here's a link to what I think is one of the most astounding videos ever. I got it thru an email and was mesmerized. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel =0

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good morning well, almost afternoon!!

I have been lazy this morning. I watched Smash last night and then studied for my ACLS class. I never made it back on here.

Terry - What a beautiful video!! I love things about nature. I will try and take a picture of my hair at some point today or tomorrow.

Donna - Glad you had such a good time at the Expo and with Patrick before prom. Sorry Mandi didn't get to meet up with you. I sure wish I lived closer to where they have Expos.

Cathe - I don't think Katy uploads her layouts while she is with Jeannie. I think she does it when she returns home.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hey everyone.

Oh Terry, I have the opposite, high arches. Neither one sound fun! Glad your mom caught on! I had a pair of tan and chocolate brown suede saddles shoes with the fringed lace cover thingy when I was in high school, I loved those shoes!

I've not joined in the NSD day. I tried one years and the traffic was so bad here I could not get anything to upload. so I just don't try anymore. I scrap all the time so its not like I don't get the chance to scrap.

I hope to talk DH into taking me out this evening to practice my photography, Trying real hard to learn to do better, at least enough that people can see the difference. Been watching tons of photography videos on youtube and have learned some things I had no idea how to do.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to rockmom

Another fairy tale, another layout. Supposed to be based on "The Elves and the Shoemaker" on shoes, but I focused more on what I'm standing over...

East Meets West Berlin By SJB1120

-Stephanie

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to SJB1120

Hey hey!

DOO. Have I mentioned how much I love to scrap Christmas photos? I am addicted to Christmas paper, embellies and the colors of Christmas. I could scrap Christmas all year long lol

Yesterday I bought these adorable mini stamps. They came 4 in a pack, I bought 3 packs-2 Christmas/Winter, 1 Fallish. Then I bought 3 circle stamps to outline the mini stamps...2 Christmas and 1 just dots. I used one of them on this lo. I want to start my Christmas cards now lol. The one stamp place I went back to for a second round was slick...they had all cards hanging up made with their stamps. More so than the other booths. They're gonna be at the stamping convention too. Can't wait to buy more! Ok...enough of my blabbing

Sugar Cookies By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Priscilla and Dustin are coming over after while to eat birthday cake. She had several stops to make today since everyone wanted to see her ON her birthday. I may try and scrap until they get here. I am STILL being a slug!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

LOL Donna, I hear you love to scrap Christmas! Ia that true?

Cheryl, you are entitled!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to rockmom

Hi Gals!!

Everyones gone home!!! Exceptfor Archie, our constant. That OK, He's a peach. I don't know if I've explained him... He's 66/67? divorced twice, smart, smart man. Turbine Engineer...gave 35 years of his life to his work, sentall over the country, hardly home....stressful supervisitory job. Ended up having heart by-pass surgery three years ago after not feeling well and having an episode which resulted in doing a stent procedure where they had to stop and take him right in for by-pass...anyway, that was the life changing event. Quit his job, left his cheatin wife, sold the house and all other things which had roots and decided he wasn't going to own anything that didn't have wheels. His residence is actually house sitting for a man who worked for him. His camper is his home pretty much. He "house sits" for Steve, Steve is now in Minnesota, pretty much doing the old job Archie had. But Steve has a fiance', they will probably get married in the next two years...and then Archie will really be on his own. Archie has never had any children, has his Mom who is in her nineties and will give you a what for like any seasoned sailor who came down the pike. Archie is also a Vietnam Vet, ex-marine. He is SOOO happy here, Steve says it's a total transformation, the man was very angry and grumpy before, very difficult to get along with. Archie is a straight shooter, will tell it like it is....Bringing me to...what Terry said...(I would of had a hard time keeping mouth shut).Well I didn't have to say anything to this one group of people we have here. Archie was "around" and heard the comments. He quickly informed them of how hard we have been pushing ourselves, to make this campground a great one. He also told them they should count their blessings that they have it so good here. He also called them a bunch of spoiled brat p u s s i e s.... LOL!!! Love that guy!!!

Anyway Hannah comes home tonight, she has been having a wonderful time and has made a few new friends from area twons/schools. He bought herself a couple trinkets, a bracelet, a necklace, a sweatshirt. The camera ended up dying, her lil friend she roomed with, who also goes to Stratford took pictured for both of them, Hannah taking some Elizabeth taking others and will email Hannah a bunch from places she wasn't able to take with her own camera. I can't wait for her to get home. They should arrive in Colebrook at 9:00 p.m. tonight.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Windy and cold here. I thought for sure it was gonna snow on prom night last night. We are supposed to have lots of rain the next few days but it is only drizzle right now.

Hope everyone had fun on NSD. I didn’t do a thing.

DH and I both haven’t budged from our recliners today. Absolutely sorry and lazy….shame on us for wasting the day!

My Dad’s doctor was nothing to excited about it. His heard rate is still too low---in the low 40s. He goes back Tuesday to get a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours and then his appointment is the following week. I suspect he will be getting a pace maker. His Dad had one for years before he passed. I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Denise that din din sounds so de-lish!

Cathe, glad the baby shower was a success!

Congrats on the win Jeannie! Tell Katy hello!

Cheryl, hope DH is feeling ok. I cannot wait until my hair appointment in two weeks.

Donna, glad you had fun!

Great videos Terry and Jeannie.

Hi Vae and Stephanie and anybody I may have missed.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Here is a birthday bag I made for my sister's 50th birthday next week.

50th Birthday Bag By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Here's one more birthday bag. TFL!

Birthday Bag By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Here's my project life lo a bit early. Tomorrow is gonna be crazy busy so had to finish it up today. Not pleased with it all but it is what it is. TFL!

Project Life Week 18 By Anna C

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Made another lo. I have 2 more pages to go til my Christmas 2012 book is done. I'm odd in the way of not being able to scrap anything else til I finish the book I'm working on

Anna-that calendar isn't a stamp...was a cut out. With all those printables on Pinterest I'm sure there are some cute ones out there. Sorry your dad is still having issues. My prayers continue

What kinda birthday cake Cheryl? I want cake now

Yes Denise...apparently I do lol

Just finished organizing Patrick's senior letters. Have to write out and mail his announcements by tomorrow. Time to scrounge up dinner. See ya'll later!

Christmas Morning By DittoBabyGirl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi for Rockin' Scrappin' Grans challenge:

Memories - LOVE By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Donna - Strawberry cake with strawberry icing. I don't know about her boyfriend . . . he doesn't like CHOCOLATE!!!! LOL

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a paper layout:

hello By Cdjohnson

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics