Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: September 2017 - New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1667013)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of September. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

September- Cathe

October - Anna

November - Andrea

December - Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Alicia January 20
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly Rae June 8
Terry August 5
Joanie September 4
Anna December 24

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrappin 2

Hi ladies!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Today was a rare Thursday when I wasn't on the third floor but I was perfectly alright with that. The third floor lab had some kind of computer error and they had to input all their results by hand. Last I heard, today they were still putting in results from yesterday and getting angry calls from doctors who didn't understand there was a computer issue. I'm off the next four days...not sure what I'm going to do though LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

I have to report for jury duty for September. Hopefully I will not get picked.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

3 rd Grade By Scrappin 2

One from me.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Cheryl- Sure hope you don't get chosen!!
Doug has to report next Wednesday. Rum will need him to help move the washer and dryer back into the laundry room on Wednesday. The flooring is finally being installed on Tuesday. It isn't a big job, they should be done in one day easily.

Ashley- Scrap something!!! LOL

It is weird being home. I did go on my hour walk with my friend/neighbor Lynn. I keep jumping from one thing to another. I did finish this LO, so I thought I'd upload it.
Now to put the towels in the dryer and get some lunch.

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I put Zoey's shirt I made for her party tomorrow in my gallery

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Was off from work today so I hung around the house and read...then my mom and I went to Best Buy (so I could buy "The Lion King" on BluRay) and Michaels (so my mom could oogle all the craft pumpkins). She says we have to go back so she can buy exactly six plastic pumpkins to add to her ever growing army of plastic pumpkins and I need to get some tiny pumpkins and things to add to my fairy garden LOL!

Cheryl- Hope you don't get picked! I had to do Jury Duty earlier this year and I hated it.

Cathe- I have no scrappy mojo...lately I've gone back to Zentangling LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

It's beautiful here today.

Late yesterday I found out that Nev was going to conduct the band at the high school football game. So I ordered pizza early and then I headed out to the game). Rum wouldn't go--the putz) I met up with Doug and Charity. Nev looked so cute up there conducting the band. She's also a cheerleader. She looks like a little kid amongst the other girls as she is so short. It was a wonderful unexpected evening.

Cheryl- the shirt is so cute!!

Ashley- Have fun changing the seasons in your fairy garden!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

It is misting rain here and in the low 60s, quite chilly. Plus I woke up with a sore throat so my weekend isn't off to the start I had planned.

Ashley, you all getting rain?

Cathe, sounds like you had great evening last night. I haven't been to a local football game since our dd graduated back in 06. Our hs football team isn't off to a good start. They got beat last night 52-8.

Cheryl, hope you didn't get selected for jury duty. I've never been called and hope I never am! Saw the shirt for Zoey on FB, love it!

Terry, hope you are still having a wonderful trip. Safe travels and eat lots of good food!

Hello to all and have a great weekend!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I was hoping we had heard from Denise.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good afternoon! We had a beautiful day for Zoey's birthday party at the park. Upper 60s and sunny. I have a few things to tidy up and hope to scrap this evening since Priscilla took the day off.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl- Oh so glad the weather cooperated.
Was she thrilled with her gift?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - Yes she was thrilled!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Happy Sunday!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Rain has moved out and the sunshine is shining today but it is only in the low 60s.

Have a great day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Dropping off a few....tfl!

Ghostly By Anna C

Mummy Card By Anna C

Ghouls Rule By Anna C

Slimey By Anna C

Monster Eyes By Anna C

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Woke up not feeling well yesterday so I spent the past two days in the house with my books and a 1000 piece puzzle LOL! At least I have tomorrow off (not my holiday to work) to recoup before next week starts. It should be a busy week since we have Girl Scout registration this coming Friday and, of course, I'm 10-6 that day!

Anna- We had rain here most of the day. My friend was annoyed because he wanted to go upstate to the Renaissance Faire but I didn't want to go in the rain not feeling well to slog through mud.

Cheryl- Glad to hear Zoey enjoyed her party and her gift!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Just checking in while everyone is asleep

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Anna- your new Halloween cards are darling! Any child will love getting one.
60's sure is cool for the beginning of September!

It was 70 here yesterday, but a cool 79. It didn't seem to have that summer heat. (nor any humidity). I had planned on going swimming, but didn't. I felt the water and even tho I heated it, it felt cold.

Ashley- sorry you weren't feeling good. It's too bad you weren't up for the Renaissance Fair, I know you have enjoyed that in the past.
What is the theme of your puzzle?

Terry- From what I saw on fb, it looked like your trip was wonderful!

Have a nice day everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Keepiin' Cool in the pool By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I have been cleaning but did find time to get one layout finished. Babysitting again tonight.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.

I've managed to catch a bug...sore throat, cough, runny nose and eyes, and a million sneezes!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - Hope you feel better soon

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Wound up going out with my mom and sister today. One of the girls I dance with is getting married in November and her shower is next week. We had to go get gifts and stuff for her. I'm not into it (I'm not really close with this girl...she only invited us because her mom and my mom are friends and my mom invited them to my sister's wedding) but I have to go because, apparently, it's the socially acceptable thing to do. The day turned ugly, as expected, once my sister got annoyed with me because I wanted to pre-order a game at GameStop and she wanted Starbucks.

Cathe- This puzzle is from the movie "Avatar"...it's a Pandoran landscape. The problem is most of the pieces I have left are varying shades of black, blue, and purple!

Cheryl- I have to do some cleaning in my room but I didn't get around to it this weekend.

Anna- Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Seems like a lot of people are feeling icky now!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Anna-so sorry the bug found you. It seems like as soon as school starts the bugs get passed around.
I was checking out at M's and a teenager behind me was coughing. I wanted to run!

Ashley- Too bad you're expected to go. Heck you don't know the girl.

Cheryl- cute Layout!

I was looking at the new products here on sb.com, there seemed to be a lot of bright colors. The new line Ella and Viv looks interesting. There are some papers that would be cool for Halloween.

Our bathroom flooring is coming today. YAY!! The laundry room looks so big with a washer and dryer in it............and mine are the new kind that are huge.

Have a great day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning! Thunderstorms here this morning. I have had my coffee, preparing eggs to make tuna salad for lunch, then going to exercise. I hope to get in my scrap room again today. I work tonight.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Camping By Scrappin 2

The Chateau By Scrappin 2

Edited by scrappin 2 on 09-05-17 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hi Cheryl-- Maybe I'll boil up some eggs for egg salad, thanks for the suggestion.

Another Hurricane!! Oh dear. I wonder if Donna has to evacuate. I'd be out of there if I was down there!
Two of my Rockin' Scrappin' Grans friends are in Florida.
Sure hope this storm turns out to sea!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I have never eaten egg salad. Is it similar to tuna salad?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Back at work today LOL! I was on CBC at the computer which is a position I usually like but my team today was really bad. One guy was more interested in making out with his girlfriend than actually getting any work done. The funny thing is, no one stops them and they don't care who sees! It's really unprofessional, in my opinion.

Cathe- I'm not super friendly with anyone I dance with. I guess it's the age difference or the mindset difference or something.

Cheryl- We're getting rain tonight into tomorrow.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello there good morning

I am back my parents left this morning. so had a nice time with them did a lot of stuff. went to the city of rocks went to Ketchum area sun valley to see Hemingway grave, I think he could be relative seen that my mom maiden last name who knows. but it was smoke up there we where going to stay up there but we didn't because of all the smoke up there and it is down here to. we went to Boise and bought my couches. they won't be here until the 14. so we got a lot of stuff done. I did my sister Christmas gift my mom help . I upload here if you want to see it. today it is still smoke for all the fires out here. well I see my parents for thanksgiving seen we will be down there. oh I found out my sister is pg again .

hope everyone doing alright

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southern lady

Shadow box wedding By Southern Lady

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi sweet friends! I'm back---actually got home Sunday night after a very long 800 mi of driving. Good thing too since the highway is now closed due to the Eagle fire in Oregon. Horrible---we need rain to put these fires out and give those fighters half a chance.
Anyway vacation was the oddest one I've ever had. Steve was in the ER within 4 hours of getting to his sister's house in the Co Rockies. We thought blood poisoning and they kept him for 3 days. Then his sister and to make this long story short, she ended up with sepsis from an infected cyst. Four operations later, a life flight ride into Denver, and she's still in ICU. Poor thing!!! Glad we are home now!
I haven't as yet went back to Aug thread and I didn't have internet up in the Rockies either. I am caught up with Sept!

Donna says she's prepared to leave if it gets really bad. Hate to say it but we need her hurricane to put out all the fires here.
Anna: your cards are so adorable!!! I met my 4 little grand nieces & nephews and I know they'd love them! Hope you get to feeling better!
Ashley: I don't have the patience to do puzzles! Sorry your sister ruined another outing!
Cathe: I got the SU catalog---thanks! I'm also loving your LOs! And yea for the new flooring!!
Cheryl: adorable shirt for Zoey! I saw her party on FB and she looked very cute! I make egg salad with mayo, mustard, eggs, a dash of Worchestshire sauce, s & p, & a dash or two of paprika. Very simple! Also sometimes spice it up with hot sauce.
Danielle: very sweet present for your sister! Congrats too on the pregnancy!
Denise: where are you and are you ok?

Need to do some event paperwork, pay bills, finish the laundry, and clean out the trailer.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good afternoon. I have slept and the grand babies will be here later. I need to exercise and have some lunch.

Terry - so sorry your husband ended up in the hospital and then his sister too!! Hugs and prayers that everyone is well soon.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

I was hoping Denise would check in.

Glad we have heard from Donna. I was thinking about her.

Terry- Welcome Back!! You were missed! Gee sorry about all the illnesses that messed up your vacation. Sound like your DH is ok. Hope your SIL is going to be alright
the NW does need rain badly. I pray for those firefighters. I guess they are especially in my thoughts since our son in law is a firefighter/paramedic. Since he took this position of fire inspector he doesn't go to fires anymore. He can be called if a fire is really big. (I think)

Cheryl- never had egg salad??? We Catholics eat it on Fridays in Lent. LOL, of course you don't have to be Catholic to eat it.
My friend Carole loves my egg salad, so I'd make it and take her a sandwich when we taught together.
I make mine with hard boiled eggs of course, mayo, a dab of mustard and I like to add a little sweet relish sometimes and sprinkle a little Paprika on top.

Danielle- how exciting that you got your couch ordered! Your gift for your sister is very thoughtful.

Ashley- making out at work is not acceptable!!

Anna- hope you aren't feeling to crummy. I think I'm getting a cold.

Jeannie and Katy-- what did you crazy sisters do while together??

Hello Andrea!

Hope I didn't forget anyone. Gee our group is small!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Today we were super short at the lab (a lot of people are calling sick) so I wound up working on the manual differential bench with one tech instead of two. That wouldn't have been so bad but the overnight shift decided to stop doing manual differentials at about 6AM...so when we got there at 8AM, there was a ton of work for us to catch up on on top of our own shift's work!

Terry- Holy fishsticks! I'm sorry to hear about your husband and his sister!

Cathe- During Lent, my family turns into pizza and tuna fish people. Sometimes there's just salad too LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Cathe - Your egg salad is just like my tuna just minus the tuna. I might just give it a try.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Pretty chilly here, but it's sunny. Very Fallish.

Not sure what I'll do today. It's a nice feeling.

bbl Have a good day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

still smoke here and yuck here today. well nothing much going on today. I need to start think of what to do for Christmas cards and figure out what to make for some other Christmas gift. well when my mom was here we went to a store in are area and try to sell some of my crafts and see if people will buy them. we will see what happens.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! CI ... nothing new or exciting is going on.
Did anyone see that cute little Darci Lynne on Am Got Talent? That little sweetie is amazing!!

If anyone is in the mood we definitely need a rain dance!
Ashley?????

Cathe: I did see all the new Elle & Viv papers and the one I wanted of course is sold out!

I also made tuna salad for lunch yesterday.

Have a great day Ladies!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Terry wow what a vacation not very restful. I hope everyone is doing better.

My kids had egg salad this week in their lunch. They both requested it. They like chicken salad as well but ds wont eat tuna.

Just this last week and then i will actually get more than one day off every week.

It is very smokey and warm here. It looks like it is a really foggy day from the thick smoke.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Hello!! I have been in boring meetings all day. Grandkids will be here at 4:30. I should have some time to scrap tomorrow.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

checkin in.............no Denise.

Andrea- 2 days off YHEA!!
I'm not crazy about tuna, but I do eat it.
Do your kids ever eat the hot lunches? I was always so happy when Doug or Casey chose the hot lunch over a sack lunch.

Terry- Is Darci the ventriloquist/singer??? If so she is amazing. I'd like to see her win the entire thing. This is the first year I've watched America's Got Talent. I've really enjoyed it.

Cheryl- hope you get some time tomorrow to scrap.

Danielle- I should think about a Christmas card design, but just can't seem to do that. Hope your crafts sell!

Have a good evening.

Patties passion
New Kid On the Block
Patties passion

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/cache/39/3985 71/FullS...

Here's a lo I just completed after a very long stall in my mojo. {nothing to do with any challenges, just my own creation.
I couldn't find anything that said share from my gallery so hopefully it will be a click link at least. I must be doing something wrong in regards to posting lo's.

Figured it out, needed to allow embedding... for image icon to show up...

and heres an older digital lo I love that I did after our 3rd grandchild was born in 2013...kit by Maelia Designs

Edited by Patties passion on 09-07-17 05:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Patties passion

Hi! Today was pretty stressful at the lab but I think most of that was of my own making. I was on body fluids today and that can go one of two ways...either you have very little work or you're up to your ears in fluids and everything comes in between 2PM and 4PM. The fact you can't predict the workload stresses me out in the worst way. Today wasn't too bad though. I only got two fluids all day and they weren't super terrible. Tomorrow we have registration for Girl Scouts so, of course, I have a random 10-6 shift!

Cathe- It was pretty fallish here today too. I was not pleased when I left the lab LOL!

Terry- You need a rain dance? Let me get some blue fairy wings and you've got it!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

MMS

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning ladies!

Welcome back Terry! So sorry about all of the sickness.

This bug has knocked me flat for the last several days. Got some new meds yesterday and finally starting to feel better.
It has been a "mean ole bug" that's for sure.

I will be back later to catch up on the chatter and leave some loves.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well they said it should be smoke for the fires today. which is good. it been bad here with all the fires around us. well yesterday my husband rack some of the rocks so we can start building are garden beds. around them we going to put some pavers around it. so we need to level the ground . I can't Waite until we get are couches which will be the 14 and then see how they look . my parents pay half of it , it was a early Christmas gift and then we pay the other half. tomorrow I am going to check out craft fair that they are have in are town.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Welcome Patti, your LOs are wonderful.

Anna- oh UGG!! Sorry you have been so sick!

Ashley- Hope the Girl Scout sign up went well.

Florida Hang on!!! I'm really concerned about Florida! My friend Betsey on the Rockin Scrappin Grans thread isn't leaving. She's on the Gulf side near Tarpon Springs.
The weather guy on tv is talking about the 25 cranes that are downtown Miami. Also talking about Charleston, SC because it is so low. Van (DGS) loved Charleston when they were on vacation this past summer.

Oh course I've been thinking of Donna too.

Have a good day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning! Chilly 50 degrees here this morning. Need to do some dusting and putting out fall decorations.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe no my kids do not eat school lunches. They dont like anything they fix and my son would just get his lunch eat one thing and throw it away then come home starving. It is a waste of money to me so i pack their lunches. Even that gets old though. There are only so many things to pack that they want to eat. I am making them take some different things this year.

I am on call this weekend but for the most part have it off. Dh is taking ds backpacking again so dd and i will probably get take out and visit. She is starting to melt down about school. She is a perfectionist and must follow all rules. She has a hard time adjusting to different things.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Morning!
Rant: Yesterday I spent 2 hrs on the phone (at least 90 min of that on hold) just to get our new mail order RX set up and get registered. There were 5 phone calls, 2 workers who knew cr?p, and 1 guy who finally solved the problem. Oh but he had me erase my cookies so now I have to re-sing into every site. Yipee.... But it's done and after my shot of whiskey I'm calm again!

Andrea: It's still smokey here like fog too. But the smell isn't as bad and the debris raining out of the sky has stopped too. My kiddos liked school lunches so I never did pack any. Hope you get a fun week off!
Anna: did they give you a Z-pak? (or whatever that's called) Hope you start to feel better!
Ashley: Yippeee....dance away!!!
Cathe: Hope Betsy will be ok! Several areas are mandatory evac now. Donna is in Tampa and is prepared to leave. I saw a clip of I-95 N and it's a solid stream of cars.
Cheryl: I agree that meetings bore me! Thankfully I don't have them anymore!!!
Danielle: that was very special that your parents helped with the new couch! I brought home 2 rocks from the Rockies that were at least hand size & weighted about 2 lb each. Hubby laughed!!!
Denise: ok??????
Katy & Jeannie: I went back to Aug and was thrilled to see you both check in. Miss you ladies!!!
Patti: nice to meet you ---lovely LOs! We'd love to have you join us if you want.

What's everyone's favorite zucchini recipe? My neighbor brought me 6 large ones plus we bought 4 at the farmers market. I'm inundated with them!!!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Terry we just grill our zucchini with salt and pepper and eat it as a side with dinner.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to andrea m

Terry- I saute zucchini in olive oil with chopped garlic and onion, mushrooms, green and/or red pepper--anything to make it have some taste. LOL I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on it toward the end, sometimes I put in tomatoes. I like to stick it in the oven with mozzarella on it for just a little bit.
I'd be open to new recipes.

Andrea- enjoy your time with your daughter. I always thank my lucky starts that my kids weren't perfectionists.

Cheryl- Did you get your fall things out?

Have a good evening everyone!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Had Girl Scout registration tonight...it was nice to see all the kids coming back from last year. Some of them I've known since they were very little and now they're taller than me. Actually, a lot of people are taller than me but, who's counting! We got a fair few new kids too. I'm hoping the new ones I got as Daisies will listen LOL!

Anna- Hope you're feeling better!

Cathe- I have a friend who lives in the Florida panhandle. She's not in an evacuation zone, thankfully.

Cheryl- My dad bought my mom pumpkins yesterday...she was pretty excited LOL!

Andrea- I'm not fond of changes in my routine either. I have a terrible time trying to adjust.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Cathe - I seem to have misplaced my tote of fall items!!

Terry - I love zucchini bread

Ashley - New Girl Scouts sounds fun

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Gee I wish we'd hear from Denise!

Praying for Florida!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Just checking in before my nap. I have been to Brayden's flag football game and Maddie's softball game today. Work tonight and tomorrow night

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Quiet in here!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning! I think I am finally starting to feel “normal” again.

Andrea, enjoy your time with your dd.

Ashley, I don’t have the patience for puzzles but my dd and dsil do them quite often.

Cathe, are you pleased with your new bathroom floor? Egg salad…….yuck! I’ve never had a taste for it. But I do like tuna salad.

Cheryl, because our company is all across the US, our meetings are online and by conference call. And they’re still boring!

Danielle, sounds like you had a great visit with your parents. I enjoyed your photos on FB.

Denise, I hope all is well with you. Are you in Missouri?

Donna, I am praying for your safety!

Patty, welcome!

Terry, welcome back! And wow what a vacation you had! How are all of the sick doing now? Are you still dealing with smoke? Those fires are awful.

Fall is in the air here. It has been down in the low 40s at night and only in the upper 60s during the day. I’m not ready for summer to be over. I so dread the cold.

Have a great day ladies.

Edited by Anna C on 09-10-17 03:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- glad to hear that you've 'turned the corner' with that cold.
Yes, I'm pleased with the flooring. It felt funny getting up in the middle of the night to go potty, and not having the soft carpeting. LOL

I've been wondering if Denise is back home or in MO. I saw cute photos of her DGS on fb.

We've had such beautiful weather. We need rain though and there is none in sight. I wonder how the bean crops are doing. I don't think the corn needs rain anymore. Sweet corn is done. Field corn is drying. My tomatoes are about done.

Off to church. Have a wonderful day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good afternoon. Hospital census is low again. I have asked to have the night off if there are no call-ins. I should know about 5 if I have to go in or not. I am on vacation this week and would not mind starting a night early.

Denise - I am thinking you are in Missouri from the pictures on Facebook. Hope when you return home there is not too much damage.

Anna - Glad you are feeling better.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Yesterday I had to go to a bridal shower for one of the girls I dance with. She and I aren't close at all (she's actually friendlier with my sister than me) but, because they came to my sister's wedding, my mom, sister, and I had to go. It was kind of miserable because we didn't know anyone there so we just sat there and, well, sat there. We wound up leaving early because we got a call that my grandmother had gotten sick.

Anna- Fall keeps sneaking in here and there and then leaving so it's hot again. As much as I like the fall, I wish it would stay warm!

Cheryl- Hope you got to start you vacation early! I've been lucky this year and all my vacations have fallen between weekends I'm off so it's like having extra vacation days.

Cathe- My mom eagerly follows updates on the status of pumpkins for when we got pumpkin picking in October.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for the well wishes. Still not 100% but headed back to work.

Hope everyone has a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well the smoke for the fires out here in are all gone. which is good thing. it was bad and hard to breath. that why when my parents where here and we where going to stay up in the mountains but the smoke was really bad up there last Monday. well I get my couch Thursday can't Waite to get it and see how it looks in the family room. now I need to sell my chairs. I don't know where I put them when I get the couch. well my back been hurt me little bit. it been cool here in the morning and warm up. I went to the craft fair Saturday it was alright nothing like last year there was more this year wasn't much. I bought some bath bombs little ones I wish I knew how to make them.

Cheryl- hope you have a nice vacation time.

Ann- yea I did have a great time with my parents I was sad when they left. hope you feel better.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Anna- had you stayed home during the worst part of the virus?

Ashley- How's your Grandma?

Danielle- glad to hear the smoke has cleared. It's exciting to get a new couch. What color is it?
Will you put your chair on Craig's list?

Everyone have a good day! bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am up cleaning and doing laundry so other days I can play in my scrap room.

Anna - Glad you are some better.

Ashley - I don't enjoy going to bridal showers. Sorry your grandmother was sick.

Danielle - I love getting new furniture!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning Ladies! We had a dog trial this weekend and it was so fun. First our dog passed--yea! Second all of my girlfriends were there so it was kind of a party too. Did get sunburned tho but oh well! (not too bad!)
The sad part tho is we got word that a very dear friend in WI passed away from an aortic dissection.
Steve's sister is healing nicely but it seems they are moving her into a facility that can handle wound care until she's healed more. I'm sure her hubby is missing her!

Andrea: how was the weekend with your DD? Hope you had a blast!
Anna: So glad to hear you are feeling better!!! Wish it was more fall weather here but it seems too warm yet. Thankfully the smoke has moved out and I can get outside to do stuff.
Ashley: New little Daisies!!! How fun. I had such a great time talking & playing with Steve's great niece & nephews. What a crew they are. How's your Grandma? Hope it wasn't anything serious....
Cathe: Glad you like the new flooring! I make zucchini that way too. BFF gave me a new recipe where you hollow out the zucchini, steam that in the oven til tender, add marinara sauce with meat, parm & mozzarella & bake til melted. She says it is fantastic. Going to try that one too. I can't eat the bread due to the carbs.
Cheryl: Happy birthday to Brayden! Any plans for vacation? I need to get my pumpkins etc out too before its time for xmas decorations!
Danielle: Our smoke is gone too but I think the fires are still going. One of our friends from CA are on the way to Boise to see about moving there. What kind of chairs are you selling? Recliners?
Denise:: I loved the photo of Cooper on the carousel. Are you home yet?

Donna posted this morning and she seems fine and still home. She was extremely angry that a neighbor had crated their dog and left it outside to weather out the hurricane. There's a special place in h3ll for animal abusers and I hope they get there.

See y'all tomorrow!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

So sorry for not checking in. I thought you'd see my post on FB that we had to evacuate and go to Missouri. Water was rising fast after they opened the dam north of us. It was rising 3 feet an hour . The river was flooding and back filling our drainage which did great even with 5 inch rain an hour. If they hadn't opened the dam then we would not have had to leave. If we waited another 15 minutes we would not have gotten the cars out. They slowed the release and the water stopped 3 feet from out front door. YIKES. Before we left I carried everything I could upstairs, I was exhausted. After our 1 year warrantee we are buying flood insurance. We don't even live in a 1000 year floodplain. It was 3 inches from one neighbor and across the street it got into the garage. Another part of the neighborhood got 3 feet plus of water into homes, about 40 homes. They are much lower than our section. So sorry for them. None had flood insurance. Yikes.

On another note mom had her 6 month checkup. She dropped to 74 pounds. sigh She also has to stop the Celebrex, its messing with her kidneys so now the pain starts again. She choked on a pill and we did the Heimlich to free it. Took her to ER to see if she had any broken ribs or aspirated any of the pills. It was good except the x-ray showed a small nodule. That needs checked out next month. Not good news. So tired of all the drama: breakin, flooded basement, hurricane, flooding, trying to get ready for the baby, health issues, mine and mom's. Ready for some smooth sailing or I might go crazy.

I have Emmett and Cooper today. They are being good! No fighting or taking toys from each other. I am hearing Now its my time. Love it. Emmett is playing "Its raining again!" Poor kids were traumatized.

Terry! Your poor husband and on vacation too! Yikes then your sister in law too! Not fun.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Denise- I'm so glad you checked in. I do get your fb feeds so I knew pretty much of what you just typed. I'm really, really happy the water didn't get into your home. I feel for those neighbors that have no insurance and water damage.
Oh I feel so sorry for you! You have had so much to deal with the last few months.
Your poor Mom. Failing health is no fun at all. How scary for her and you when she chocked on the pill.
Sure hope life gets easier for you!

Terry- Glad the dogs did well and you had a nice time with your girlfriends.
Happy dance that your SIL is doing much better!
So sorry to hear about your good friend!

Cheryl- I did laundry too.

I intended to scrap today, but didn't get in there.
I cleaned my refrigerator taking out all the bins and shelves. It was quite a job.

Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Today was a very confusing day at work and it wasn't even because of where I was assigned or anything. First we were short staffed...then, about an hour later, we had enough staff...and then we were short staffed again...and then, by the end of the day, we were very, very short staffed. Some of us were working two stations at once to try and get to the end of the day. The funny thing was, none of us could quite figure out how it all happened. We were just doing what we were supposed to be doing and the leads just kept informing us how short we were.

Anna- Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Cathe- My grandmother's feeling better. I suspect she might have had something bad at the shower. People brought food and she had quite a lot of paella.

Cheryl- I don't enjoy parties...period! I actually wanted to bring a book with me but my mom was pretty much against that idea.

Terry- That's great that you had a good weekend and your dog did well!

Denise- I saw your FB posts but I'm glad to see you back here as well!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Just checking in now that both grandkids are asleep

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Dh and I are going to Wisconsin to our friends beautiful home. We will be staying the night. Two other couples are going too. The guys will golf. We gals will probably shop a bit. Wednesday on the way home we are going to swing by a real scrapbook store!!!
Catch you all on Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Edited by scrappin 2 on 09-12-17 04:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cathe - Have fun!!

It is raining here and only going to be on the 60s. We are used to 80s so it is going to feel cold to us!! I think that means it is a good coffee and scrapping day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

good morning

Denise- I'm so glad you checked in.

Cathe - Have fun!!

well today nothing much. I just went back to the gym yesterday and going today. well my husband got call about the couch that they be here Thursday but are entertainment table we won't get until October.

hope everyone has a nice tuesday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning ladies! Rainy, windy, and chilly here. Only in the 50s!

Ashley, I really don’t going to bridal or baby showers. I usually don’t go but I do try to send a gift. How’s Grandma feeling?

Cathe, yes, I stayed home most of last week. I felt terrible. Hope you and Rum have a wonderful trip! Stay safe!

Cheryl, Zeke looked so sweet in those photos you shared on FB.

Danielle, enjoy your new couch. Getting new furniture is always fun.

Denise, welcome back! Hope your mother is feeling better today. I hope things calm down for you. You’ve certainly had a lot to deal with this year.

Terry, so sorry about your dear friend in WI and I’m glad Steve’s sister is improving.

Hope everyone has a great day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hello.

Sorry about your friend Terry.

Danielle, new couch, yay!

Anna, do you feel better?

Ashley, your work is confusing...

Edited by rockmom on 09-13-17 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Checking in while grandkids are asleep

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Today was a better day at the lab...we were a "full house" (meaning no one called out) so it was less confusing. The only person who did call out was one of the lead techs but we're very good at policing ourselves. Actually, and much to the humor of the other lead techs, when they came in, they found we'd changed the schedule around for the day so the two techs who have to leave early were at stations where them having to leave didn't cause many issues for the rest of us.

Cathe- Enjoy Wisconsin!

Cheryl- It was chilly when I left for work this morning but it was warmer when I left the lab this afternoon. Fall is, sadly, in the air.

Anna- My grandmother still isn't feeling better. She has a very bad cough. I found out tonight that three other people who attended the shower got sick as well...all with the same symptoms as my grandmother.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! I am up having coffe, banana bread and yogurt. Plans are to exercise, go to Lowe's to pick out paint for front door, HL for some fall decorations and scrapping before babysitting again this evening.

Ashley - Sounds like your grandmother definitely caught something from someone.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Morning. You sound busy Cheryl.

I redid the pantry yesterday, making room for my canning jars. I need tons some canning, time is just filled up so I have to make time... I also did the laundry, watched Cooper, etc.

Today I want to work on a baby blanket I am chrocheting as a gift for a family at church. Also need to get the baby's dresser primed but first I need to vacuum up the saw/sanding dust I created.

Have a wonderful day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

well yesterday move some stuff in the family room and vacuum the carpet. I think when they come tomorrow to bring the couches I have them take the chairs and have them put them in the garage and I just put towels over them. I put them on a yard sale on Facebook group to see if anyone would buy them. they are in nice condition . so we will see. today work out at the gym. tomorrow I have to go to the dentist which I hate going to because I have a feel that they going to give me some bad news.

You sound busy Cheryl.

Denise- that nice of you for doing a baby blanket for a gift for a family at church. have fun doing the baby's dresser

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Good Morning! I have an early morning dr apt., need to start laundry, and vacuum today. Not a "fun" day for me but oh well! Our oldest who lives in MN is "popping in" this weekend ---literally! Comes in Saturday, watching football with the other son on Sunday, and leaves on Monday. I think I should put a Hotel sign outside!

Anna: Oh, I wish for your weather! We are finally in the 70s but we need that rain! Sounds like you are feeling well again!
Ashley: I was remembering a few years ago when you hated your first job and what a difference to now. Your poor grandmother!
Cathe: enjoy WI and being with your friends! What would a "real" scrapbook store be? tehehe.... I just put in an order here too as if I needed anything!
Cheryl: I thought your FB photo of Zeke was adorable....so sleepy!
Danielle: Glad the couch is coming! I love to re-do our family room in new stuff.
Denise: you poor thing---so many things going on and all. I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. That is always so hard on families. I hope she'll be okay and feel better! And you find some "me" time to relax!

Yesterday my little sister & I made our mini vacation plans. We'll spend 4 days in Vegas in mid-November as my birthday present. I love these package deals (NOT). For 3 nights & a plane fare for $321. Wrong---now lets add in the $35 fee for a carryon, $19 for the seat, $120 charge for MGM grand's "resort fee" (?), and of course taxes on all this. What a classic example of false advertising!!! But oh well, I'll only be 65 once.....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I went to Sherwin Williams and got the paint for my front door which is tomorrow's project. At Hobby Lobby, I bought new fall decorations for my bay window and a few things for the living room. It was fun!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Sure glad to be back home and all caught up!!
Both Rum and I are tired. Neither of us slept very well. Guess we're not good at staying overnight anywhere, anymore.

Rum-o went to pick up Chinese for dinner. I didn't have to go!! Usually I'm the one going or at least have to ride along. He knows I'm not feeling the greatest.

Danielle- exciting getting the new couch!!

Terry- I hate all those "fees"!! I'm excited for you!! I wanna go!!

Cheryl- Sounds like you had a nice day. Love new fall decorations!!

Ashley- Hope your Grandma gets better quickly!

Denise- yes, nice of you to make a baby blanket for a family at church.
How bad the the neighbors get flooded?

Anna- I think most women don't like baby showers, but I do! LOL

So many of us need rain!!

gotta go, Have a nice evening.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies!
Denise, I'm so glad to hear that your home wasn't flooded, but I bet it was very scarey having the water so close to the house! I hope everything is OK with your Mom.

Cathe, my sis and I had a Great time together.. all was fun.. except forking out $2800 for my jeep's transmission! YUCK!

Terry, I hope none of those fires are threatening you. I'm so sad to hear of the fires along the Columbia Gorge. I love that place! Make bread with your zucchini... yummy

Anna, Sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better.

Danielle, Happy new couches! That's nice of your parents to help out with purchasing them!

Cheryl, were you able to start your vacation early? What are your plans?

Ashley, sorry your had a boring time at the shower.. Hope your Grandmom is feeling better, but it did give you an excuse to leave the boring shower early!

I thought I'd sneak in and say HI... It's very slow here at the office...We are finally having nice mild weather after weeks of HOT HEAT!!!

I had a blast with my sister. One of my friends went with me. On the way up my jeep felt like it changed gears sharply and from then on it was running rough... Luckily found a mechanic in town that was opened and 5 days later I had a new transmission. Somehow 1st and 2nd gears were burnt and when putting my jeep into drive it was always starting in 3rd gear... anyway... we scrapped, and talked and ate and wen to a place called "Van Gogh and Vino". It's one of those paint and wine (or beer). Such a blast!.. and we ate and scrapped..
Now I'm back at work... darn it.
Only 33 Mondays til I retire!! Who's counting?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Katy - So glad to hear from you!! Only plans are painting the front door and staining some cabinets.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I was supposed to be off today but one of the techs who always helps me out needed today off so I agreed to work for her today and she'll work Saturday for me so I have half the weekend off LOL...half the weekend off is better than no weekend off! My mom and I are planning on going to buy some more plastic pumpkins for her pumpkin army. She says she needs six new pumpkins and I need some more fall decorations for my fairy garden.

Cheryl- Sounds like you're having another busy day!

Denise- Very cool about making that baby blanket! I wish I could do things like that!

Terry- This hospital is just a much better place to work in. It's a very different, far less backstabbing atmosphere. Sounds like you're going to have a fun vacation, despite all the fees!

Cathe- We got a little rain today...thankfully I was prepared with a baseball cap LOL!

Katy- LOL Congrats on the countdown to retirement!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to DNA301

I just checked in to see if we heard from Denise...I am so happy the water did not get into your house. I was praying. I am sorry your mother is ill. You have so much to worry about lately.
I hope Donna is ok.
I am fine here and ready for bed so I will try to get on here tomorrow...

..weird thing...I got one of those warning tones on my iPhone this afternoon, like when there is an amber alert or something like that...it was a tornado warning!!!! a tornado!! HERE??? noooo. It was super windy and rainy and lots of thunder (LOUD) and lightning but no tornado. the warning said take shelter so I got under my blankey.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!! Another busy day for me. Going to park to run, meet sister for lunch, paint front door, meet a lady to pick up a play kitchen for Zoey and ball game for Maddie this evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning!!

Katy- well, dang on the jeep needing a new transmission! UGG!!
I didn't know you are going to retire. You will love it!!! You can come chat with us more often and see your sister!
I would like to do one of those painting parties. Are you going to show us your creation?

Jeannie- Donna- in FL had part of her fence damaged. I saw a picture on fb.

Ashley- nice of you to offer to trade days with your colleague.

Cheryl- sounds like a busy day!

Hello to all!

OK I have things to do. bbl Have a good day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

good morning

well today have to go to the density which I don't like at all. they never call my husband about when they be here today with the couches. I need to know seen at 10 am I be at the density office. but I guess if they come when I am gone my husband we come home. so we will see when they call him. I got everything move in are family room it looks little bare. I take pic of them they are leather couches that go kind of like my chair that leather. my mom call me last night to say FaceTime her that way they can see them and I told her about the entertainment center won't be here until oct and they never call to tell us when they be here with the couches .

Katy- LOL Congrats on the countdown to retirement! sound like you had fun with your sister.

hope everyone has a great Thursday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, you are so energetic!

Cathe, our next door neighbor had water 3 inches from front door. The 40+ houses on the lower level of our neighborhood had more than 3 feet of water In them. They had to do boat rescues for the neighborhood behind us, they must have been very deep.

Katy, glad you made it to Jeannie's before the jeep went totally bonkers. Sorry you had to shell out your heard earned money. Blah

Jeannie, a tornado warning? Very strange for your neck of the woods. I know you enjoyed Katy and friends visit.

Thank you Danielle, I hope they like the blanket.

Ashley, your grandmother is ill? I missed it... hope she is better now.

Dr check up today. Blah hopefully I won't leave with bruised arms from blood tests. I may not have to do it this time since I just did 2 months ago.

Cooper is sleeping in. Poor kid was tired. He has some nasal congestion, hope he isn't getting ill.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

back in.....was looking for inspiration for Halloween cards. I always check out Andrea's and Anna's.
Andrea has some new cards in her gallery. Probably too busy to link here. You might want to go check them out.

Denise- Oh those poor people who got water in their homes!!
Hope you don't have to have your blood taken!
Poor Cooper. Lots of viruses going around.

ok back to taking care of my 'to do' list.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Hi everyone.

Denise so glad you are ok.

Cathe thank you for your wonderful comments.

Its been a long few days. We are finally getting some rain which i am enjoying. I dont think it will last long.

My printer broke this weekend so my plans to print the digi stamps i bought for Christmas cards was a no go. Dh ordered me a new one hopefully it will be here tomorrow and he can get it set up sat. He has been working 11 hour days .

We woke up this morning to find someone went thru our cars. Ds and I dont keep much in our cars. Dh got his ipod stolen. Luckily he had cleaned out his truck when ds took it to the fair. Because he usually has stuff in there. They were looking for a quick buck and easily stuff to grab. because none of the stereos were missing. Just feel violated as we live in a very safe neighborhood. I saw some people post on the local for sale sight that they were robbed as well.

Danielle new furniture is always exciting.

Katy bummer on the jeep but at least you were able to get it fixed. Glad you had a great visit with Jeannie .

I was offered a new job. I need to call this morning and get more info. I am not sure if i will take it or not. Change is not always easy for me. It pays a lot more and with ds going to college we need that.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

MMS

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

I am still Waite for it to get here and they haven't call yet to say when they be here. bad news I have to go back to the density Wednesday for a cavity yuck. that why I hate them . I do my best brush them

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

All at Once? By Scrappin 2

Gone Fishing By Scrappin 2

two from me

Edited by scrappin 2 on 09-14-17 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Andrea- I'm not good with change either. Good luck. Maybe when you interview it will be clearer if the change would be good---or not.
How awful someone went thru the cars!!! Some people!!! Did you report it to the police?

Danielle- Didn't the furniture store give you a window of time? They generally do around here. Hope it has arrived by the time you read this.
Dentists- Most of us hate going to the dentist. Sorry you have a cavity. My hygienists always reminds me to floss, which I do every night. I've thought about adding a mouth wash. She also gave me a tiny brush to get between the teeth that have a wide space. Back when I was young, you only got braces if your teeth were really bad, or your parents had money.

I ran into town. I had a prescription at Target. I went to the grocery store for a few things. This young couple was looking at the 24 can cases of pop. He was getting the biggest kick out of the sign. It said 2 for $12 - when you buy 3. We were all laughing. I did get 2 for $12 and made sure the sale price had rung up correctly.

Have a nice evening.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics