Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: October New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1667205)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of October. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

October - Anna

November - Andrea

December - Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Alicia January 20
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly Rae June 8
Terry August 5
Joanie September 4
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Edited by Anna C on 09-29-17 08:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Welcome to October!

Cathe, thanks for hosting September.

If anyone is interested in hosting in 2018, please let me know I will get you added to the list.

Edited by Anna C on 09-29-17 05:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I can't believe October is here.

The annual BBQ on the River started yesterday. My sister and I are going today. Lots of food and vendors selling things. Weather is supposed to be great around 75 degrees and sunny. Of course I am babysitting again today but she gets off at 10 tonight so that is nice for a change.

Danielle - Enjoy the crop

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Morning.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

Cathe, thanks for hosting September

what would you take to scrap retreat? well I will pay for it when I talk to my husband and see if he okay me to go to it. then I pay for it. I know I have fun.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to southern lady

Hi! Part of me is really excited for October (Pumpkins! Ghosts! NY ComicCon! Halloween!) and the rest of me just wants it to stay warm LOL! NY ComicCon is actually next weekend so I'm rather excited for that. Today I found out the friend I go with won tickets to jump the line for an autograph session with actors from "The Shannara Chronicles"...one of our favorite shows! I'm hoping most of the cast goes because that would be awesome!

Anna- Thanks for hosting October!

Cheryl- That sounds like a really fun event!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

My sister and sister had a great day. BBQ nachos, ribbon fries and shopping. Great weather. I bought a skirt, a shirt and bottle of wine.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning and happy

Edited by Anna C on 09-30-17 03:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good afternoon!! I had only 2 ball games to attend today. I have to work tonight so will be taking a nap shortly. Ryan made 3 hits today and made it base safe 2 of the 3 times. Weather is fabulous!!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Good Saturday morning, friends!

Cheryl, how was the BBQ? Sounds like it was lots of fun!.. and shopping! and eating!

Danielle, If you go to the retreat, hope you have lots of fun! My sis and I used to go to some local retreats up here in the hills at a beautiful retreat center... Lodging, food, snacks, a "store", classes and fun! We used to get a lot of pages done in between eating and talking and laughing! I miss those retreats! The lady that used to put them on used to own a scrapbook store in San Jose... but she closed up shop and retired...

Anna, that is the most gorgeous autumn photo you posted! Where is that?? I wanna be there! LOL

Ashley, hope you get all the autographs! That's cool that your friend won those passes! You won't have to waste a lot of time waiting in line! time you can spend browsing other booths and buying!

My sis asked me to let you all know she'll be posting as soon as her computer is fixed... it works for her DH, but when she goes on, it doesn't co-operate with her.. and DH is usually gone when she's trying to use it...

Nothing new here.. just working...it was crazy busy yesterday being the end of the month... I was in bed around 8 watching "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland and James Mason... but I fell asleep before it was over... exciting Friday night I had! LOL!

I found my mojo.... briefly.... and managed to do several layouts... I'll post some as soon as I take pix of them.

Well, I think I'll straighten up my scraproom... maybe I'll find something I forgot I even had... or maybe my mojo!

Have a wonderful weekend!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Scrapkaty

hello there

well it cold here and rain little bit. well I call the lady up and pay for the retreat, she use to own a scrapbook store with another lady and then they close it. but she still dose like dose like crops ever once in awhile. she said if the weather bad for me to drive up there that she can pick me up at my house and we all go.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

It's Sunday!!! Everyone must be busy!

We are going to our best couples friends 40 wedding anniversary at 4:00. I've been toying with the idea of making a small album of our 42 years of knowing each other. That meant looking for pictures. I sure thought i had more. I started it about 8:00 and had to quit. I could feel the anxiety. I put a note in it that I needed it back to finish. LOL Nance will understand.

Cheryl- the River walk sounds awesome. Great weather for it, that's for sure.

Danielle- glad you decided to go on the retreat. You'll have fun.

Ashley- wow, glad your friend got tickets to jump the line.

Katy- so glad you found your mojo. Your humor has shown through once again--hoping to find your mojo if you clean your scrap room.

I'd better go shower and decide what to wear.

Have a nice evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Cheryl, it's hot here, wish ideas nice. I hope you had a good time and ate something yummy.

Danielle, yay, happy you are going. I'd pick some photos, add pps and embelishments to go with, tools I'd want etc. Thing is to get an idea in your head and gather what you need to accomplish the idea.

Katy, send Jeannie hugs from me. I miss y'all around here.

Sinse Dr shrugged off my ankles I went on and self diagnosed. Lol Achilles tendonitis and in another tendon inside of foot and or bursitis and hour in big toe. Went and bought some ankle wraps and going to look.for shoies too. Dr did say to getva brace. Thing is can't stand anything on Achilles tendons so I need some open backed shoes.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Jordan and Lindsay By Scrapkaty

Before and after By Scrapkaty

Be your own kind of beautiful By Scrapkaty

Here's a couple of my latest layouts...

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

J By Scrapkaty

Nice shades By Scrapkaty

and that's all folks....

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning and October is here!

Katy, glad you were able to check in. Love all of the layouts. Looks like your girls are doing well! I still say that dog needs some shades too!

I hope to get some cards made today. Have a great day ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 10-01-17 02:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Katy-- You found your mojo in your scrap room!!
Beautifully done!

Denise- sorry the doctor didn't offer better advice for your foot pain.

The 40 th wedding anniversary party for our friends was a lot of fun. Their 3 boys and 3 DIL's did a great job. They had a bonfire when it got dark--they are big into bonfires. I guess I'm not. My neck/shoulder got cold and hurt. My clothes smelled like smoke when I got home. Oh well, it was fun.

Have a great day ladies.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello there good morning

well it cold today and windy here today.

Katy- nice layouts.

cathe- that great you had a nice time at yours friends wedding anniversary party

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Good morning. I am digging out all my Halloween decorations. This is my favorite time of year.

I am working today i was hoping it was my last day but no luck. I have to sell out all this ice cream.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Rough night at work last night!! Back I go again tonight.

Katy - Glad to see you and your layouts!

Cathe - Sorry your shoulder got cold and hurt

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to cdjohnson

Hello everyone, happy first of October to ya'll. It really feels like fall today, after a week of 90+ temps, the 70s felt so good.

I needed a birthday card for my gentleman friend's sister today, so before daybreak,I made this one. I stamped the image on watercolor paper, embossed with black powder, colored with pencils and blended with baby oil. Then I added a watercolor background of green and yellow, stamped a sentiment and layered it on printed paper, added a bow, which I made with my Bow-it-all. Let me know your opinion.

Birthday Card For Allene By Mother Goose

Edited by Mother Goose on 10-01-17 04:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Mother Goose

Hi! Went to go see "The Kingsman: The Golden Circle" last night. It was good but not as good as the first movie. It was still the more fun alternative to a James Bond movie though. Today was going alright (I spent most of the day reading...or that was my intention anyway) until my sister and her stupid dog showed up to crash the day because she was having drama with her husband. She just now left after having another argument with her husband because he wouldn't come over here to get her laundry.

Cheryl- It started to get chilly here. Fall has run in quickly and I'm not pleased LOL!

Katy- I was excited my friend won the passes because I've never done autographs before. Usually it's something I skip because of the lines...but now I get to do that AND skip the line so I can still go about my usual ComicCon business of buying cool and geeky things.

Cathe- Sounds like the party was fun! I've never been to a bonfire...it's not much of a city thing I guess LOL!

Denise- Ankle and foot pain is no joke. I remember when I fractured my foot and it was so not fun!

Andrea- We were supposed to put up Halloween decorations today but that didn't happen.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well it cold here and rain here today. I am get all my Halloween decorations out. nothing much going on today just working out. it snow here light bit weird.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hello everyone!

I walked today to get my exercise.

I did three loads of laundry and ran to the grocery store.

I made two Julie Nutting dolls. they were very simple. They'll go on Homecoming layouts. I'm having trouble finding papers in my stash for Nev's homecoming photos and my great nieces. Nev dress was shiny black and the nieces a red.

Have a nice evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Hello!! I am finally awake and moving. Zoey and Zeke were sick today so Priscilla took off from work tonight. I went to Walmart to get some feminine products and diapers for Zeke.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

What horrible news we woke up to. Sad for their families and friends.

Can't wait to see the doll Cathe.

I've been scrapping today while the grandsons played. Made Christopher some baby food. He will be 6 months on the 5th. 6 months, how did that happen?

Need to renew my Microsoft office. Hate having to do that.

Baby girl in a week from today!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to rockmom

Had breakfast with my gentleman friend then took my Sister and B-I-L to doctor. My sister is in wheelchair and B-I-L with walker. My sister is newly diagnosed with Alzheimer's and B-I-L has Parkinson's. They are both diabetic and live in assisted living/Memory Care. It is a handful, but I love them. Prayers always welcomed.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

My last post sounded so down, sorry. I was just going through some poems I wrote a few years back and came across this one and thought I'd post it to cheer up a little:

Scrapping and swapping
And all night cropping
Even hungry I'm not stopping
cause scrapping is what I do

Yeah, scrapping is what I do
Let me show you an album or two
Hey, I've just learned something new
Cause Scrapping is what I do.

He took me to resort isle
I took along my crop-in-style
He frowned at me then began to smile
Cause scrapping is what I do

He offered me a shopping spree
Saks on 5th or Tiffany
But my lss is just fine with me

He said hey baby let me take you out
I said I'm working on a good lay out
I can't figure out what he's mad about

He said honey don't buy no more
Stay out of that darn scrapbook store
So I buy online, it comes right to the door

He says I'm spending too much cash
and that I've got too much stash
But nothings going in the trash

Scrapping and swapping
And all night cropping
Even hungry I'm not stopping
cause scrapping is what I do

Do wah Do wah Do wah
doodley do

Author: ktdid

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! I was 10-6 shift on the third floor today...not my favorite thing to be. Today was oddly busy for a Monday as well (usually third floor Mondays are quiet) but being busy made the day go by faster which, I guess, was a good thing LOL. My mom and sister, who were in the city today because my sister needed more clothes, met me to come home and that wasn't a good thing. My sister complained the whole time because I don't like taking the subway (It makes me uneasy to be underground) and the tram I take took too long for her liking.

Cathe- My dad is forever at the grocery store. He claims that walking up and down the aisles is good exercise for him.

Denise- My mom was horribly upset by the news today. My sister and her husband are big concert goers and I'm going to NYComicCon on Saturday (though, I have to say, security at NYComicCon is crazy tight now. They confiscate anything that might even look like a weapon. It upsets the cosplayers but it's for everyone's safety.)

Kay- That's a wonderful thing you do for your sister and brother-in-law. My grandmother, who will be 90 in March, lives with us. Her memory is starting to go so she's a handful but we do the best we can for her.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

I agree Kay, it's a good thing to care for your sis and nil. That poem is too cute.

Raining buckets here right now. DD has to drive in it. Hope it slows befire she leaves.

I have a handful of LOs finished and 2 that need titles and 1 that needs everything but background which I made and was letting dry. The Computer was downstairs so I couldn't make titles with silhouettes until I carry it back upstairs.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

well when I heard the news about las Vegas and the shoot. my home town which is sad news and feel sorry for the ones that lost people. well this morning we got a freeze here today my husband left for work early and he had to take my car seen it would take awhile to get the ice and the freeze off his car. so I am going to his work and bring his lunch and get my car. I leave my wallet in the car so I have to drive carefully but his work not that far. well going to work out later today. today is my sister birthday .

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to rockmom

Went to physical therapy this morning (had knee surgery about 10 weeks ago). What a workout. Then I went to JoAnn's for some rubber stamps. Found some watercolor paper on clearance. Going to lunch with my friend then working on some cards for a sketch challenge tonight.

Ashley - Hope you enjoy Comic Con, stay safe.
Denise - Going over to your gallery to leave some love.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning ladies! First, I must say thankfully we are now have some gorgeous fall weather!! Next, we got the big trailer packed and it's already on the way to TX. That was such a relief as we were pricing & packing right up to then. We'll be on the way on the 9th so time is short now!! Spent most of yesterday at the grocery stores.
I wish I could start a LO or card or something. I feel like the mojo is there be not the time. we'll see....

Andrea: you have to keep the shop open until all the ice cream is sold? How are the kids doing in school?
Anna: Thank you for hosting October! I loved that photo you put on pg 1. Gorgeous! I put all my glass pumpkins out and now I feel like fall. Are the leaves changing there?
Ashley: If your 90 yo grandma is just beginning to lose her memory, that's amazing! Can't wait to hear your ComicCon stories. Sorry you had to put up with your sister. Running home after every fight is not a good thing!
Cathe: If Nev's dress was black what about white paper? Maybe a subtle design with a touches of black in it. You really excel at those Julie Nutting dolls....can't wait to see the LO!
Cheryl: the BBQ on the river sounds like a fun thing to do! Sorry the babies are sick! My BFF had her 2 great grandbabies come to dinner Fri while we were there. The 3 y.o. mimics everything and loves singing. The 1 y.o. boy was a hoot. I was teaching him to say "Dude" and he must have thought it was my name because he'd point at me all night and call me dude. What fun!
Danielle: I didn't see but did your furniture finally get there? Have you decided about going to the crop?
Denise: I can't believe the doctor shrugged you off! What about a foot doctor:?
Katy: I'm so happy to see you checking in again!!!!! Love your LOs!!! How are your kitties? Tell Jeannie we miss her...she needs to get her own computer or laptop or notebook!
Kay: cute poem and card. Good for you for helping as none of us can do this alone!

Well, girls, I set this day aside for cleaning house so I best get to it. Hubby is sick with a cold, etc and I need to stay as far away from him as I can and sanitize everything!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

PS---Thank you Cathe for hosting Sept!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Kay- good thing PT didn't hurt so bad that you could get to JA!
Cute poem.

Terry- don't catch DH's cold!! Seems so many people are sick.

Danielle- there was ice all over your hubby's car?? Ick!!
Happy Birthday to your sister.

Don't hold your breath about the JN dolls. They are simple.
I've tried to scrap Homecoming pictures this morning. Nothing seems right---I don't seem to have the knack for more modern motifs. The dresses don't lend themselves to my usual designs, papers etc.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Adventure Awaits By Scrappin 2

One I did today.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Our son called today. Our granddaughter Nev, was selected by the faculty of her high school to be Senior of the month. Boy of boy she sure is getting the recognition. First Homecoming Queen and now this! So proud of her.
Also found out Van (age 11) had a bad allergy attack. they took him to the doctor. He has strep.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Way to go Nev. Congrats to you and her.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Kay, I've not added any LO photos yet. Need to renew my Microsoft office first.

DD is a PT so she gave me some ideas for the foot.

Rained all day and no electricity most of the afternoon. Lightning was probably the cause. Kinda put a crimp in my plans of laundry, vacuuming, and dinner in the crock pot. Oh well...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Late check in as I had Zoey and Zeke all day and then Maddie’s softball game. I took Zoey to Story Time at the library today. It was fun.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I was on the dreaded body fluids bench at the lab...I only got one fluid all day but it was bloody and gross and had clumps of I'm not sure what in it. It was also full of bacteria and yeast when I looked at the slide I made from the fluid. I feel badly for whoever that fluid was from. Tomorrow's not going to be fun...I already know it. My two partners are two of my least favorite people to work with.

Denise- We're supposed to have rain this weekend. I'm hoping it's more Sunday than Saturday. Even though the convention is inside, going to and from the convention center isn't fun in the rain.

Kay- Sounds like you had a good day! I've never gone to PT (my mom has though) but that part doesn't sound fun at all.

Terry- My grandmother has trouble remember little things at the moment but the doctor says that's too be expected at her age. I'm hoping to get some good stories out of ComicCon this year...also some good stuff LOL!

Cathe- WOW! Your granddaughter seems to be having quite the big year! Good for her!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Denise- I didn't know your DD is a physical therapist. I hveve the utmost respect for PT people. It is amazing what they know!!

Ashley- Oh I hope it doesn't rain on Saturday for you!

Cheryl- Glad to hear Zoey liked storytime.

It looks like rain. I sure hope it does, we need it so badly.

I have no plans as of this minute. bbl
Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well it cold here and rain here today yuck. nothing much going on here today go to the gym later on. well the furniture people call my husband yesterday and say the stuff will be here Thursday between 11 am-2 pm. so I need to clean the family room again. I need to think of stuff to make for my mom and grandma for Christmas I am going a blank here. I look threw Pinterest but noting hmm.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hope it first rain for your BIG day Ashley.

Danielle, make a wreath for your mom?

Cathe, yes she does PT. She is one smart cookie. She could have a doctorate but doesn't want to take the time. My oldest DD is a chef and she has a bachelors in hotel restaurant management and a culinary degree. My son is a 4th degree black belt and teaches Tae Kwon Do. He has a bachelors in business. I homeschooled the DD that does PT and my son. Those two are twins. My oldest is 9 years older and she went to public school.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! I'm done with all the last minute store paperwork and with a little laundry to do that's about all I intend to accomplish this week.
Our Ruby dog got some seeds in her eye from hunting on Wed. We've flushed every day but the eye still looked bad. Vet time yesterday and she found this prickly seed embedded in the 3rd eyelid. Holy cow! I bet Ruby is so relieved now!

Ashley: that fluid stuff sounds horrid! Blek...........
Cathe: how awesome for Nev. It sounds like shes a beautiful soul inside & out! Be proud Grandma!!!
Cheryl: I love watching the little kids sports! Enjoy....
Danielle: glad the furniture is coming tomorrow!
Denise: I didn't know either your DD was a PT person. I sure do admire them cuz it's a lot of schooling.

Well....off to at least get dressed!!!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Danielle: what about a Planner for each of them?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Denise- I knew the DD and DS were twins. I think I missed knowing they have an older sister. Was she a little momma to the twins?
Congrats to you for teaching such smart kids!

Terry- oh your poor pooch! I didn't know dogs have 3 eyelids.

I ran into town. I was home for two entire days. I had to get out. LOL
I met up with my friend Carole. We had a quick lunch at one of our local fast food restaurants.
I got some papers for background for these Homecoming photos. Still not satisfied but they might might help get me going.

I came home and cleaned out some flower pots and chopped down the cone flowers.

All for now. Have a nice evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I babysat again today. I am exhausted!! When Priscilla walked in, she said it looked like a tornado had come through there. I said it did and it’s name was Zoey!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was a crazy day at the lab. For some reason, by 2:30PM there were only four techs in the central lab (full staff is nine). I wound up running a station that, on a weekday, is worked by three techs...two on the machines and one running the computer. I'm pretty sure I didn't sit down until I got home LOL! The funny thing is that I have no idea how, with only one person called sick, we wound up in such bad shape.

Cathe- The convention is inside but I don't feel like getting a good soaking while waiting to go through security (which is outside the convention center) and then going inside. That happened to me once and it was not a good time.

Denise- That's a pretty amazing array of careers your kids have!

Terry- Your poor dog! I hope Ruby is feeling better!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Today my BFF and I are going to Longrove Illinois. It used to be THE place to go. It had cute little stores in small, older houses. It was in the 80's so not sure what's left. I googled it and it is still there. LOL
Too bad there isn't a scrap store.

Have a nice day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning ladies!

We are having beautiful fall weather here. Cool and sometimes cold mornings, hot days, and cool evenings. The colors are not very pretty this year. It has been too dry so a lot of the leaves are turning brown and just falling off.

Congrats to Nev! She is having a wonderful year!

I am determined to finish up a bunch of cards that have been on my desk for at least a month. All of them are in various stages but I can't seem to find enough time in the day to get everything done right now.

Are any of you ladies familiar with prolia? It may help in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis for women at high risk for fracture.

Hope everyone has a great day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well today have to waite until they come here with my couches and my tv stand. so I clean the family room move some stuff and put them in other rooms for right now. I am going to see if they can move the other chairs and put them in the garage for right now. I put it on facebook in a group in are area but no grabs for it.

terry- my mom and grandma don't use planners so that a no.

have a great Thursday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

No, Anna, not familiar with that med.

Thanks Ashley.

Cathe, the older daughter is the momma of Courtney and Cara, my granddaughters. They live in Ft Worth. Your Nev sounds like one smart, sweet cookie too!

Terry, that poor pooch. A sticker in the eye! Ouch, ouch, ouch.

I finally got my monetal display cabinets set up and filled. Now I need some risers and some stands. I will make new labels too.

Counting down the days til Monday and the new baby.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning! If you could see my office you'd get a huge laugh. I was making that mesh witch yesterday and ended up not liking it. So right now I have mesh, chenille wraps, spiders that sparkle and orange ribbons all over the floor, desk, and even my computer area. So today, we'll try again! Can't leave it this way that's for sure....

Anna: I've never heard of that drug but I certainly don't know about that disorder either.
Ashley, what if you brought an extra Tee with you in case you get wet? Ruby is doing so much better now!
Cathe: have a fun time!!
Cheryl: I always felt way with the little ones too. Clean up one mess while they are making another. Austin was the worse! He loved beating on pots pans plastic bowls and as soon as I thought he was done back he'd come!
Danielle: I sorta thought that the planners would be good for writing birthdays, doctors appts, etc. One thing would be to make cards for them to send to other for birthdays, xmas, etc.
Denise: I bet you are getting excited!!!

Strangest thing happened yesterday. I received a call from our new health ins --Regence BC--and they are sending out a doctor today to the house for a health assessment. WTH is that? And a doctor making house calls????? Bizarre.....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

I got my couches and tv stand they came around 11 am . now I am glad . tonight going FaceTime my parents and let them see how it looks.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I have been in meetings all day. Grilling steaks for supper.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to cdjohnson

PT again today and took my Sister shopping and to lunch. Met up with Gentleman Friend and went to a farmer's market. Bought pie pumpkin, boiled p-nuts, pork rinds, tomatoes and dried apples, good ole fall stuff. Then we went to dinner. Flooring people are coming tomorrow to measure for my new laminate floors. I'm a mixture of excited and uncertain about pulling up all the carpet. Anyone with this experience???

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good evening!

Anna- I haven't heard of prolia. If it's like fosamax I wouldn't take it.

Denise- OH!! I should have figured out that those beautiful granddaughters belonged to your older DD.
A new baby on Monday!!! How exciting!!
Yhea on getting your display cabinet all arranged.

Danielle- glad you like your furniture.

Cheryl- bet you're glad those meetings are over!

Kay- Purchasing new flooring is a nightmare, for me anyway. We like carpet in the bedroom. DH really likes carpeting so the family room and hallway are carpeted. The kitchen is laminate. I love my new laminate in the bathroom and laundry room. It looks like wood. Good luck!
Save me a slice of that pie!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Somehow we wound up short staffed again at the lab...still not sure how that happened when we only had one call sick. It was so bad today that three of us, myself included, wound up not having lunch at all. When we're short, sometimes we get asked to only take a half-hour for lunch but we have to ask permission to do that. Since the lead techs were in meetings all day, that never happened and two of my co-workers and I never had lunch. When the leads finally did come back, after 3PM, and found out what happened, they said they'd pay us for the house but, still, that's not the same LOL.

Cathe- Hope you enjoyed your trip with your bestie!

Anna- I've seen commercials for Prolia but that's the extent of my knowledge about it.

Terry- I didn't know doctors still made house calls! We can barely get an appointment to see mine in his office.

Kay- The Farmer's Market sounds like a great time! My mom's eagerly awaiting buying a pumpkin pie.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

Quickly dropping this off....Got the witch done and she's now packed and will head to MN. It was a fun project and it's supposed to hang on a door. TFL....
Halloween Mesh Witch By Abby0317

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

T-Ball By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Terry - LOVE that witch!!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Abby0317

Abby, that's sooo cute. I bet it was a booger to make though. Great job.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Terry- What a darling witch!!!

I'm up. Have to leave in 30 min. to babysit.

Have a nice day. bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Going to the park for a run. I have to work tonight so will need a nap later this afternoon.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well we got are couches and tv and look nice in the family room.i face time my parents to let my mom see and she like it and how it look in the family room. I am not put stuff on the wall . so now I feel better. yesterday I mow the lawn hopefully the last time until spring. I am going to the gym later on and walk the dogs,

have fun babysit cathe.

hope everyone have a nice Friday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Kay very cute poem i enjoyed reading it.

Terry yes we try and sell out of most of the ice cream. I usually end up throwing a little out. We hope to be done Sunday but the weather is not helping.

We have had two snowfalls already. Wednesday we got almost an inch of snow in places. It is all melted now but i am not ready for it. I ended up not even opening the shop as i knew no one would come in.
We are all fighting colds at my house so everyone is miserable.

My fil and sil will be here Sunday for a week of hunting season. I know dh is really excited about it.

Cathe how wonderful for your granddaughter.

Danielle glad your furniture came.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Andrea - Ughh on the snow!

Danielle - Glad your furniture finally arrived.

Cathe - Hope babysitting is fun today.

I ran 7 miles today at the park getting ready for my race in 2 weeks.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

7 miles!!!!! Running!!!! Wow!!! Cheryl, you are amazing!!!

Andrea- snow? ugg!!
Hope you and your family get over your colds quickly. It seems as soon as school starts everyone gets sick.

Anna- are you feeling any better?

Danielle- glad your mom like the furniture.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi ! I'm in late today since I went out and got acrylic nails put on. It's been 7 years since I've had them Feel weird. Also this new polish is something too. I chose one that has iron particles in it and she made them form a design ( /) with a magnet. Blew me away!
Andrea: Snow--already? whoa Nellie!!! I can see that it would be better to eat it all---the ice cream---what if you all had a sale on it?
Anna: isn't it amazing that sometimes the meds the dr want us to take cause more serious problems. I read one article about Proria and quite frankly I'm not sure I would take it. Is this for you or your Mom?
Ashley: Have fun tomorrow at the comiccon convention!!
Cathe: how was your trip with your friend? Was the place still the same?
Cheryl: Loved your LO! the grands' challenge must have been about hexagons. I applaud your determination and goals!!!
Danielle: Why nothing on the walls? Just curious....
Denise: your display unit is amazing!
Kay: It wasn't that hard after I thought logically about. In other words, start from the bottom & go up!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Date night tonight---yippee!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Off to work!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Happy Mad Hatter Day! I hope everyone had a frabjous day today! (10/6 is sort of unofficially Mad Hatter Day because of the 10/6 on his hat LOL.) I went to work wearing my Cheshire Cat socks to celebrate...since socks have become my silent rebellion against the "business casual" clothes I have to wear to work. Tomorrow's NY ComicCon and, for some reason, I feel super stressed about going this year. I'm not really sure why though.

Terry- Was that witch difficult to do?! She's amazing!

Cheryl- Good luck at work! We keep getting notices at the hospital where I work about an upswing in patient population...means more work for us so I can't imagine what that means on the actual floors.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- don't know what time Comiccon opens, hope you have a great time!

Terry-Long Grove Village had changed a lot. There weren't many stores left. However we stopped at the Visitor's office to use the bathroom. The gal in charge was telling us it is making a comeback. There are some renovation going on. The have different festivals and things scheduled for the weekends. So they are working to reinvent themselves.

It's rainy her today. Guess I'll stay home and scrap.
Have a good one.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Brayden has a football game this morning. It looks like rain but the forecast says not until later this evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Ashley, enjoy Comic-Con.

Andrea, shows already. Weather sure is crazy this year.

Terry, wow on that nail polish. Have a fun date night.

Taking Cooper to a Fall festival or festibal as he calls it.

Cheryl, hope the rain stays away until the game is over.

Danielle, happy your furniture is thete and you are enjoying it.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies,
Time is flying and I need to do laundry today so Steve doesn't have a snit!!! He wants some undies to wear while I'm gone...who knew! I sure hope hurricane Nate stays away from the US but it doesn't look like it.

Ashley: just saw a news clip on ComicCon and man were there tons of people there. Hope you are having a great time!! No the witch is easy to make. Mesh, Chenille pipe cleaners, a wire frame with grids, floral wire & wire snips or scissors. Then all the embellies you want. I did order most of the stuff online (trendytree.com) cause I couldn't find that grid frame anywhere.
Denise & Cheryl: have fun with the grandkids today!
Cathe: I just order a die set from Stampin Up and used your name so you would get the credit.

Date night made me angry! Well until dessert. This restaurant we've been to 3 times has been slowly decreasing the dinner selections. Cioppina, paella, steak, & lamb. The steak was $40 so I ended up eating chicken tamarind appetizer for supper. Nothing else. Blek..... Won't go there again!!!!

Have a fun weekend!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Rain stayed away and Brayden played the whole game. Now I need to sleep before Zoey and Zeke come for the evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!! Cloudy and looks like rain here. I have pumpkin spice rolls in the oven, going to church, out to eat and then home to babysit.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! All caught up on the love but not the chatter. I will be back to catch up on that later. Life is a bit hetic right now!

Terry, your witch is stunning, wonderful creation!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!~!

I got up early and went to 8:30 Mass. I feel like I have lots of time before we leave for my great nephew's birthday party. He is turning 5. The party is a Halloween themed. His mommy and daddy throw the greatest parties. I'm not dressing up though.

Anna- hope life settles down for you.

Ashley- how was comic-con? Hope you had fun.

Cheryl- I'd love some of that pumpkin roll!!

Terry- thanks a bunch for choosing me as your demonstrator!!!
I got an email telling me you placed an order.

I'm going to go scrap. Have a nice day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Terry - I will put stuff on the wall but like to Waite and see where I like the couches and then I start hang stuff not to much.

well today it is cold and windy. I have some of my Halloween stuff up outside. it look like everyone in are neighborhood puts pumpkins that what I see at everyone front door area.

have a great sunday

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Christmas card By Southern Lady

here is a card I am think for Christmas and use a pic of us in the middle. what do you all think.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

As part of my re-fi project, I had to paint my deck and install new french doors. Here is the results. I still have to buy and install blinds for the door -- and remove stickers and clean glass. lol.

My deck 2 By Mother Goose
My deck 1 By Mother Goose

Now I want new deck furniture.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

CI tonight to say I'm leaving at 5AM tomorrow and I'll be able to check in in a couple of days.
Everyone be safe....!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Have a safe trip!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Ashley, I assume everyone stayed safe at Comic Con over the weekend? Was there increased police presence.......considering the event in Vegas?

Terry, have a wonderful trip and stay safe!

Denise, I know you are excited to get that baby girl today!

Have a great day ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Terry - Have a safe trip!

I am wonder what everyone think of that card for my Christmas card. I just like to know what people think because I am have a hard time come up with card . well nothing much going on today just working out. I can't Waite to see what my sister is have,

Denise, I know you are excited to get that baby girl today!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Denise- prayers said for a safe delivery!! Can't wait to see her!

Kay- your deck is lovely! I chuckled that you now wanted new furniture. That would be me. One thing always leads to another and usually involves money. LOL Good luck getting the stickers off!!

Terry- safe travels!!

Ashley- how was Comic con?

Danielle- cute card. Did you take your Christmas photo on one of your camping trips?

Have a nice day ladies. bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• scrappin 2 Said:
Denise- prayers said for a safe delivery!! Can't wait to see her!

Kay- your deck is lovely! I chuckled that you now wanted new furniture. That would be me. One thing always leads to another and usually involves money. LOL Good luck getting the stickers off!!

Terry- safe travels!!

Ashley- how was Comic con?

Danielle- cute card. Did you take your Christmas photo on one of your camping trips?

Have a nice day ladies. bbl

no I didn't I was think taken a pic of us by are house.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Denise - Baby day!! Hope everything goes smoothly for mom and a healthy baby.

Ashley - I heard there was increased security at the Comi-con. Hope it was fun.

Kay - Love your French doors. I would like to replace our sliding door with French doors.

I am babysitting during the day today from 10:30 to 7:30. Karyol has gone to the farm.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Sadie Claire born st 807 am. 5 lbs 15 oz. 18 1/2 inches, she is 2 weeks early lots of hair. Photos later. I've not seen them yet. Mom is still in recovery.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Congratulations!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! ComicCon was a most excellent adventure this year! My friend I got to the Javits Center early so we were able to get through security right away and were allowed to wait in a holding area with a bunch of other convention attendees. We were among the first people (outside VIPs and Press) to be allowed into the Convention since we managed to get very close to one of the doors to go in. That meant we got into the two panels we wanted to see...well, one we really wanted to see (for the show "The Shannara Chronicles") and one we kind of wanted to see (for the Amazon show "The Tick"). The undisputed highlight of the day, though, was the autograph session my friend won passes for! Only about 100 people were allowed in...and we got to meet and get autographs from four of the main actors from "The Shannara Chronicles." They signed copies of the book the show's based on which made me all excited. I totally did the nervous fangirl thing and almost couldn't talk to any of the actors LOL! The only bad part was the fact I'd started to get a sore throat during the convention but I chalked that up to dry air, and smelly people. Well, I was wrong and by last night I was throwing my guts up. From what they said at urgent care today, I'm having a mild flu-like reaction from the flu shot I took last Monday.

Anna- There were threats made to Times Square over the weekend so there was NYPD (including bomb sniffing dogs), security from the Javits Center (where the event was held), and security hired by ReedPop (the company that puts on NY ComicCon) at ComicCon this year.

Denise- Congrats and what a cute name!

Kay- Very pretty deck!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Denise- Congratulations to all!! Sadie is a cute name. Sure hope your daughter doesn't have any complications like she did with Cooper.
She is a tiny little thing. Our DD was 5 lb. 10 oz and only 17 1/2 " at birth. They grow quickly.

Ashley-I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience at ComicCon.
I was thinking who'd I'd be star-struck by..............probably Tim Holtz. LOL Star- wise: Oprah, Tom Hanks, etc

Who would the rest of you be 'star-struck' by?

Loved Dancing with the Stars last night. The dances were so moving. Anyone watching?

Have a nice day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Denise - Congratulations

well today nothing much going on going to work out later today. hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! Babysitting again today. Raining here and gloomy.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Congrats Denise! She's a beauty and I love her name!

Cathe, I would be star struck by Princess Diana if she were still alive. And Tom Selleck!

Have a wonderful day!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Denise - Baby is beautiful!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Still coughing but I went to work today anyway...thankfully no one asked me to put a mask on. I just have to make it through the next few days and then I'm off for a week. I don't have any plans for this vacation other than to dig my desk out of the mess it's become and, maybe, go pumpkin picking. My mom's birthday is during my week off but she doesn't like celebrating her birthday so I have to find something suitably spooky to do instead.

Cathe- I wasn't even really starstruck by the actors...I was starstruck by the fact, in my head, I was meeting these amazing fictional characters I watch go on grand adventures. I know that's silly and stupid and very not-adult. (One of the actors...he places this super gruff and mean Druid...he was so nice to me! He said he liked my t-shirt and he asked if I'd read the books and even personalized the autograph he put in my book.) I'm watching "Dancing with the Stars" with my mom. She's voting for Mr. Drew Scott (loved the fact his brother joined him last night) but I'm voting for Lindsey Stirling (because Mark's her partner and he's my favorite). I'm CAN'T WAIT for Disney night next week!

Cheryl- It was nice here today. They'd been saying rain but I don't know where that went.

Anna- OMG! My mom would absolutely, positively DIE if she met Tom Selleck...she loves him!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley, glad you are feeling better.

Denise, I hope your daughter is doing well and not dealing with any complications like she had with her first baby. Sadie doing well?

Terry, hope you are having a great trip!

Have a good one ladies!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics