Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: May new layouts and cards        (Topic#1674199)
andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of May. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May--Andrea
June--Terry
July-Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to andrea m

Hi ya!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Karyol can't be dismissed until all of the cultures from his surgery are back and they can determine how much longer he needs IV antibiotics or if he has had enough and can switch to pills. The surgical site looks good. He has strict instructions to not let it hang down or walk on it. The stitches will come out in about 3 weeks. They mentioned ordering a boot for partial weight bearing to use with his walker. I am assuming that will be after he gets the stitches out.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning!

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

Our plans are to open up the pop-up camper and take photos. We need to get it on Craig's list and FB. Hopefully it sells and doesn't sit in the back yard.

Cheryl- hope Karyol continues to improve.

Van's track meet was long. We didn't stay for this last race which was the 4x200. At one point in the meet nothing was going on. We think maybe they had trouble with the starter gun.
One of my former student's has kids that go to the same school as my grand-kids. Actually her DD and Nev are best friends. Her son is a year older than Van, and is in track. So she came over and talked to us as we sat and ate junk food.

Have a nice day everyone.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-01-18 05:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrappin 2

hello and good morning

Cheryl- hope Karyol continues to improve.

Terry- when i use to work in vegas i sometime work early in the morning at the gym. i think i like working in the morning now and i go around 10 am to work out.

well today it look like it might rain here. nothing much going around here go to the gym later this morning. clean house more

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.

happy birthday Katy hope you have a nice one

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

Plan is for Karyol to go home Friday!!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl glad to here Karyol is on the mend and can go home soon.

Cathe around here pop up trailers sell pretty fast. Good luck selling yours.

We went camping with family last friday to sat night. Then we hurried home to get prom pictures of ds and his gf.

DD had her last softball game last night. She has opted to not play summer ball this year. She was pretty bummed to miss the last three games because of her sprained ankle. She is happy to be done with the crutches and play in the last game.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to andrea m

Andrea, my DD went through the crichs and missing gym meets. It's pretty hard for them.

Cheryl, glad to hear your hubby is healing. That is a relief.

Anna, be happy you have no allergies. They are pesky! How are you feeling?

I've been scrapping, need to get the camera out and grab some shots of the pages.

My daughter's coworker us pregnant and asked if i would take some maternity shots for her later. She us due in Oct.

My cousin's daughter is expecting a girl in Sept. She chose the name Dixon Grace. Both are my grandparents names. Dixon is my mom's maiden surname and Grace is my mom's mom's name. She was Grace Dixon as a married woman.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Super nice weather here today (though I was in the lab...it made for a nice walk home though) and it's supposed to be nice again tomorrow! I'm probably more excited about that since I'm off tomorrow...though that means I have to work the weekend LOL! It's supposed to be cold here again next week though.

Cheryl- Hope your husband gets released on Friday!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well today going to the gym in the morning . i need to plant some strawberries and other stuff i bought at home depo. well today should be nice here today. i can't wait until get warm here that way we can start going camping.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Denise, I am feeling better each day. TFA!

Cheryl, glad to read that Karol is doing much better and will be home soon.

It has finally warmed up and the sun is shining brightly. Gonna be a porch sittin kinda day!

Have a good one!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Katy- if you check back in---Happy Birthday---a day late. Sorry I didn't check the first page!

Cheryl- It's nice that Karyol can go home. I take it he'll be on some form of antibiotics?

Denise- your DD's co-worker is so lucky to know you! You take awesome photographs.
I know allergies can cause allergies, but do they cause bad coughing? Kian is home sick today with a cough. He does have allergies.

Anna- enjoy your porch sitting! Glad to hear that each day your body feels better.

Andrea- are you going to scrap Prom pictures?
Glad to hear your DD can play in the last game.

Danielle- I was told Strawberries take two years to produce fruit. Maybe that isn't true anymore with hybrids and science and all.

Ashley- I hope your warm weather continues.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Since I didn't check in yesterday: Happy May Day! Happy happy birthday Katy!!! And thanks to Cheryl & Andrea for being the hostesses! Ok...cu on yesterday's stuff....

Day before yesterday I tweeked or spasmed my back and I've not moved a great deal since. Holy cow I was in pain. It's getting a lot better today thankfully.

Andrea: glad you had a great trip and made it back for photos!
Anna: I am so glad that you are feelling much better and getting to enjoy the warmth outside!
Ashley: how goes the little ones dance routine?
Cathe: wow, that was a long track meet! Did you get the photos of your pop up done?
Cheryl: so glad to hear Karyol gets to go home in a few days. Hope he's on the mend!!!
Danielle: enjoy planting! I wish I liked gardening but it's a horrible chore to me.
Denise: Did you say Dixon? Wow... my grandfather's name was Albert Lee Dixon from OK then CO. Ancestor's went from SC to TN to AR to OK and grandparents to CO. I'm sure there are hundreds of Dixon's too!

Enabler alert: (2 of them) If you like really cute big eyed digi stamps FREE check out Bing Images and search: saturated-canary free digital stamps. P has a lot of the finished ones.
And second: Look at this die for $3!!!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078YPFZRX /ref=oh_aui...

Oh and it's paper crafting day on HSN!!!

That's all for now....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Yes Cathe, it can cause a bad cough especially if it progresses into bronchitis. Sorry he is not well.

Terry, yes Dixon. Ernest Earl was my mom's dad. We had a Charles Hilray (or Hilary I've seen it spelled both ways but my mom said he spelled it like the first spelling) he was great or great great grandfather and a Charles Alfred that's as far back as we can go. I haven't found his ancestors yet. They were as my grandfather would say "Scotch Irish" or Scots Irish.

Anna, porch sitting sounds great.

Danielle, strawberries are great, yummy!

Cheryl, how is Karyol today?

Ashley, more cold? Yuck

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Cathe - No he will not be on antibiotics when he goes home. They feel the amount of days of IV antibiotics will have it all cleared up.

Denise - Karyol is doing ok. I do not think he really likes looking at his foot when they take the bandage off. It looks really good as far as stitches and no swelling goes.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I have been working on some swap projects this evening.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I'm glad your hubby is improving and gets to go home! YEAY!

Oh Terry! I'm sorry you hurt your back! I hope it improves quickly for you! And thanks for the enabler alerts! Hopefully something will get my mojo going!

Denise... lucky you scrapping! I've had pix and papers sitting on my desk waiting for me to find my mojo!

Andrea, sorry your DD missed her last games. My youngest injured her ankle right before the soccer section finals... She played but you could tell it was hurting her!

Danielle, I try to get up early and do my exercises... before my body wakes up and realizes what I'm doing to it!

Anna, glad you're feeling better!

Ashley, so happy the talent show turned out so well. But good luck with the dance recital and the little ones!

Cathe, I miss going and watching my DDs' sporting events when they were in high school.. but it was hard.. one played soccer, one volleyball, and the other basketball.. and sometimes they had games at the same time at different locations...

Recently I've been seeing ads on FB for "Body Groove" by Misty Tripoli.. so I watched the ad... you can buy the DVD's but I found some the exercises on you tube... it is fun! It's not your regular exercises... it's funky and groovin and movin! For all ages and shapes and sizes! Each video on youtube is anywhere from 3 to 5 min... I do about 5 to 6 of them for a 30 to 40 min workout... I love it! It's fun and get my groove on! OK, enough of my yabbering.
I'm still debating if I'm going to buy the DVD's...

Today was my first day as a retiree.... I just feel like I had a day off!
I did sweep out and straighten out the garage after I dropped one of my jeeps off at the mechanics... and pretty much just fiddle farted around the house doing a bit of this and that.. tomorrow I'm going out and pulling out more weeds... they just won't stop coming back!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi! It was in the 80s here today! My mom and I went out to take a walk and get ice cream instead of sitting in the house LOL! It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow which has me concerned...I'm opening the third floor lab tomorrow and I hope the air conditioners weren't left too high so the analyzers freeze overnight (yes that's a problem we have LOL).

Anna- Here in my hood, we use to call these warm days the days you'd go sit on the stoop since we didn't have porches LOL!

Terry- The little buggers at the dance studio are a disaster! I have little hope of them knowing their dances by dress rehearsal. It's a shame because their parents paid so much money for lessons and costumes and the dances are going to be a mess.

Denise- It's so cool you know all about your ancestry like that. We've never been able to go beyond greatgrandparents on either side of my family.

Katy- Good luck in retirement! My mom retired and says it's the worst decision she's ever made.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Porch sittin was wonderful yesterday. It was such a beautiful day. And it is going to be more of the same today....but today I am venturing out and getting my hair cut and colored. I haven't been out much so I am looking forward to it.

I did make it to my scrap room and played with some alcohol inks for backgrounds on yupo paper. It always looks so easy on the videos on You Tube but when I try it, it is never that easy!

Katy, you have been in the work world for a long time so I'm sure it will take some time to adjust to your new routine without work.

Hello to everyone here. Have a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello good morning

well look like another nice day today. well i plant yesterday . i am going to my class today at the gym. today is my grandma birthday and i sent her a card. i need to water the grass today in the back yard.

Ann- that good your going to get out have a nice time get your hair done.

hope you have a nice thrusday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning!

We had stormy weather last night. We had some pretty good sized hail. We were lucky though. Just down the road and by our son's house the hail was huge. Damaged a lot of cars and campers.
I was so worried as the storm headed west as Doug and Van were at a track meet. I called them and Doug said it had hit there.They called it off because of lightening before the actual rain. He didn't say if it hailed. he said he drove through a cell and could hardly see.
Also DGD Rayn was in Dekalb at the University at a musical event. (She was chosen to go, kids from many schools get together learn songs and then present) DeKalb always seems to get hit badly with storms. She was going to have to ride the bus home. Casey planned to go, but Kian cried and wanted her to stay home. (because he was so sick)

Cheryl thank you for hosting April and thank you Andrea for hosting May.

Katy- I LOVE retirement. You might find your mojo, because you'll have time to work on whatever you want, whenever you want.
I should look up that work out video. I have been good at doing the "8 min. in the morning"

Terry- ouch on the back!! Guess it is best I missed the crafting show on HSN. I thought I signed up for their emails but haven't been getting any. I guess that's better. I really like buying from here as it allowed me to meet all of you and the Rockin' grans. I'd be so sad if this site shut down.

I did take pictures of the camper to put on Craig's list or FB. BUT I was so ticked at DH. He wouldn't put it up all the way, he wouldn't put the door in. I think he was per-occupied with cutting down tree limbs to get the new camper in the back yard. I talked to our son, and he said he'd help me---or talk to his Dad. I was ticked at DH to say the least.

Anna- you'll feel so much better with your hair cut and colored!

Denise- Rum's mom used to say she was "Scottish - Irish".

Ashley- around here the parents think their kids are darling even if they screw up at dance recitals.
Hope the lab analyzers didn't freeze.

Danielle- Happy Birthday to your Grandma.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies! My back feels back to normal thankfully. I'm a big baby when it happens and I sit with heating pads, tens unit, massagers, etc.

Anna: Yipee, you get to take your first outing! I bet you have had cabin fever!! Enjoy the day!!
Ashley: Whenever you see shows that are filmed in NYC there's always a stoop. I think it would be fun to have one! I know the owner of the studio made the dance hard for the little ones but if they can't learn it what's the point? Piss off the parents? It'd be better just to let them have a free for all dance contest!
Cathe: Oh how I remember those types of hail storms in CO. And the scary part was after you saw the thunderheads coming you had about 5 min to get inside or hide. We had baseball size hail and it just destroyed our roof and the car. Nasty!
Cheryl: Glad you are getting some creative time. You've had a lot of stress this past week.
Danielle: Sending your grandma birthday wishes!
Denise: thank you for the Pin!!! That was a great idea to use those pockets! I swear those trailers make you think creatively just to get all the stuff in that you need. None of your names are on my genealogy list. I do know --from my aunt's search--that our forefather landed in SC in the mid 1700's. But she lost him and never finished. I should try now that there's the internet!
Katy: YEA---retirement!!!! After doing the paperwork, it's pretty fun! I think everyone starts out doing all those little chores and then it's free time. I have seen her groove things on FB and it looks like a ball. I'd rather do a YouTube one than buy the DVD.

We're going to load some of the food today so I can take an inventory to see what necessities I've forgotten. Time is nearing! Have a great day ---

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Finished with my meetings at work for the day. I am sitting here with Karyol for a while and then will go home for the night. The doctor said he would be in early to discharge him tomorrow so we can be home by noon.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I bet you're glad that Karyol gets to go home!

Terry, I'm glad your back is getting better.
I think you'll enjoy body groove... I do! I'm glad no one is home besides me.. she says get funky with it and i do!

Cathe, I'm happy to see you didn't get hit hard by that storm! I was watching the news this morning and it showed a long line of storms with severe thunder, lightning, and hail...

Anna, have fun getting out and about! You deserve it! So far my 2nd day of retirement consisted of weeding and watering and washing one of the jeeps.. and taking my time doing it all!!

Ashley, Hope the analyzers didn't freeze. And so far... (it's only my 2nd day) I'm liking retirement... could get used to it

So far, my older jeep only cost $100... I was expecting MORE since it's been mostly sitting in the garage... now my newer jeep is in the shop... and that's the one that might cost more... hope there's nothing major wrong with it. That's my everyday jeep and is the one I'll be driving to my sister's.

It's going to be hard getting used to only being paid once a month as far as paying my bills... Soc Sec will come the 2nd Wednesday of each month.. so, we'll see! Any tips?

My sis just sent me a gift cert to scrapbook.com so I think I'll go do a bit of shopping while I'm here.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Scrapkaty

In The Band By Scrappin 2

Music Is the Outburst of the Soul By Scrappin 2

One Cool Kid By Scrappin 2

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-03-18 12:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Oh Katy- you're in for some wonderful days ahead.
Why do you have two jeeps, may i ask?
Nice gift your sister gave you. I wish someone would tell my kids to give me a gift card to here.

Cheryl- glad to hear Karyol is going to get to go home. Can he walk on that foot?
Does that mean you'll start having the kids again?

Sorry those LO photos are blurry, that drives me nuts.
Also I don't know what it is----Van must be lily white as his face always is so washed-out.

Nev's track meet ---the running events aren't starting til 5:30 Doug informed me. That seems late. I'll be starving by 6:00. I am NOT eating concession food. I had a hot dog the other night and afterwards I reminded myself how unhealthy that was, and it didn't even taste that good.

Have any of you tried linking products here on sb?
If so tell me your troubles with it.
I have contacted the tech dept.
I keep telling them my problems with it.
Today the page kept jumping up and down.
It actually made me dizzy.

Denise and Terry- in the "pin" you are talking about...............was it storage ideas for campers? I know I'm going to need some ideas.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Katy - So glad you are back with us!!

Cathe - I have the kids tomorrow night but then Priscilla is on vacation for a week and will not have them again until after that. He has a wedge shoe to wear on that foot. He is supposed to stay off of it and much as possible for the next 3 weeks until the stitches come out and keep it elevated. After that, I will take his diabetic shoe and see if they can put a filler in that area where he can walk in those shoes. If they can't modify the one we already have, I guess they will make another one.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! The analyzers were relatively well behaved today...they weren't frozen (thank goodness) but one was running slower than the other. I have no idea why...that's above my pay grade to figure that out. That's the job of the service engineer and he gets paid more than me LOL! It was still nice out when I left the lab so the walk to the tram was warm....it's raining now...not sure when that started (I suppose while I was at dance).

Anna- My mom and sister went for haircuts today. They go like every two weeks because they both have very short hair. I don't do haircuts LOL!

Cathe- The parents here feel the same way about their kids even if they mess up doing their dances. The only person who get frustrated with them is my mom but she's seen it all done at least twice so I understand where she's comng from LOL!

Terry- The studio owner thinks all the dances should be these ultra dramatic, ultra complicated affairs for all age levels. She thinks ever dance should also have some measure of singing and acting in it...which makes no sense when the kids dancing are, at the oldest, five!

Cheryl- Hope all goes well and your husband gets discharged early. I know patients they want to discharge are considered STAT specimens in the lab where I work.

Katy- I think my mom would enjoy retirement more if she didn't have to constantly mediate the ongoing war between my 90 year old grandmother and my oxygen tank dependant father.

The Duchess of Sassy Town
In response to DNA301

May.... ugh. Back in the hospital yesterday, they didn't keep me. Saw Dr. today and I won't be getting my driver's license medical release any time soon. Have to have another EEG to rule out a seizure, and also have to have more tests done. Ugh. I'm so frustrated. Thank goodness this weekend is International Scrapbook day. I think tomorrow I'm going to just going to revel in Star Wars day and binge watch my favorite Star Wars movies and just chill.... Thank you for listening to me rant. Love you guys, I know I haven't been around much, but you all have been like family to me. When you're a 'shut in' and isolated because you can't drive my online friends are the lifesavers, because when the doo doo hits the fan I've realized who my real friends are, the ones who show up, and the ones who forget I exist when I get sick. Ok... I just ranted again... more or less had a pity party. It's been a rough one.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to The Duchess of Sassy Town

Edited by Anna C on 05-04-18 03:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Ashley, how's your weather? It has been so nice here the last two days but rain is moving in here later today.

Andrea, hope things are going well. Hope your dd's injury heals soon. Will you miss summer softball?

Cathe, your layouts are wonderful!

Cheryl, glad Karol is home and improving.

Katy, sounds like you have been very busy on your first few days of retirement. Hope your Jeep expense isn't too bad. Vehicles are like homes, constant maintenance and expense.

Kimberly, hope today is a better day for you!

Terry, where are you headed? Vacation or is this a dog event?

Had a nice afternoon out yesterday but was glad to get back home and stretch out in my recliner.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well today look like a nice day here in the 70's we might here the 80's here. i am like the warm weather that means i can open the windows well they are building a lot of house in are neighborhood. i can't Waite to go on are little vacation. i need to clean the kitchen today. i am hope my friend can come and visit me in July with his sister.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

YW Terry.

Cathe, I sent the pin to you too. I immediately thought of yall and your campers and remembered those days with my parents.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning! Took the majority of the food we need out to the trailer yesterday then I spent time gathering all the clothes for me too. Nothing special to do today tho!

Anna: I remember after my hysterectomy and the cabin fever, I got into the car with the intention of shopping for a few items. Drove about 8 mi and turned the car around. I was so glad to get back home and recline. I am glad you did feel well enough to go tho! We are leaving May 10th to go to a national dog event in Sedalia, MO. After 2 weeks there we are going to DS Aaron's up in MN for about a week. We should be back home June 10th.
Ashley: glad the machine didn't freeze up! I can just imagine that your mom would get frustrated with all arguing.
Cathe: I didn't pin anything I saw but I did do a lot of Bing image searching for trailer storage ideas. I found that 3m hanging tape is great for hooks, pictures, etc. Those pocket storage things are great too. I've bought drawers that are in their own unit and put them in the closets. I love them but hubby doesn't. Also bought several wire baskets & units to store cans & bottles for food as well as tons of Tupperware type containers. I've been looking at your pins and there's great ideas out there!
Cheryl: have Karyol home yet? Are they ordering a knee scooter to help him not put weight on his foot? I loved mine. does he have an orthotic specialist?
Danielle: if your weather is coming from us you will have an 80 deg day. It was gorgeous here yesterday.
Denise: Any ideas are more than welcomed! Everything in those trailers are made to be super light weight which means not a great deal of stability or wearability! I'm lucky I have so much storage space in the kitchen!
Katy: I just remembered you said you were going to see Jeannie soon. Give her my love and really miss her here! How's she doing?
Kim: I hope you have a better day today. It's awful to feel so frustrated.

Better scoot...bbl....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - we got home about 11:00. No scooter. He is unable to use one due to polio in his good leg from childhood. It is shorter and smaller than his other leg. Yes, he has an orthopedic doctor who did the amputation.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, glad to hear Karyol is home, I bet he is too! Hope his foot heals fast.

Terry, Jeannie is doing fine. She's on Weight Watchers again... or is it Nutrisystems? Jenni Craig? Anyway she is doing well with it, except when Jon is home from CA.. They are constantly going out to eat, or to friends' houses for bar b ques, or they are doing the entertaining themselves.. She does better on his diet when he's out of town... LOL I will give her your love and I'll ask her to come on here soon.

Danielle, 80's? sounds nice! We are in the mid 70's and are to be warming up over the weekend. Love the spring temps! How's your dog doing?

Anna, glad you enjoyed your afternoon out... and glad you were able to return home and enjoy your recliner! My 2001 jeep cost only $100...whew... but my 2010 (my main usage vehicle) will be running about $400.. ouch...

Kim, were you able to chill and binge watch Star Wars? I hope you had a relaxing day.. Don't worry about venting, we're all here for you..

Ashley, I feel for your Mom... being a "referee" doesn't sound like a relaxing retirement!

Cathe, I spent all of the gift certificate and a bit more yesterday... It was fun... I think I might have found my mojo! I love all your layouts!
I have 2 Jeep Wranglers. One is a 2001 which was my DH's and he kept it in such great condition and took good care of it. Since it has been mostly sitting the last couple of years it just needed a bit of TLC. I just can't part with it... plus I guess it's a good idea to have a "back up" in case my Jeep is in the shop.... like for instance... NOW!
My Jeep is a 2010 and is my baby...I'm not one to go 4 wheeling off road or "rock climbing"... I like mine especially for the winter months and I've got the "Jeep wave" down...

My DH was an avid collector of baseball cards. In fact he traded in a complete set of 1964 cards and two rookie cards to buy my engagement ring back in 1992. Now in my linen closet I have binders and boxes and books of these cards and I'm not too sure what to do with them.. 95% of them are in pristine condition... Oh, well, that'll be one of my "retirement projects".....

In response to Scrapkaty

Had a restful day today... thank goodness.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Oh that is good to hear Kimberly.😀

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! HAPPY MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU! I went half out of my mind at work today because I had to keep my Star Wars loving fangirl self under wraps...I did, however, go to Girl Scouts wearing a Princess Leia t-shirt (that says "Self Rescuing Princess") and my hair like Rey wears hers in "The Force Awakens." The parents got a good laugh out of it LOL! The I came home and watched Star Wars fanfilms on the internet. Ironically, all my gear for the "Solo" Star Wars movie came today. I'm not sure yet how I feel about that movie but I'll probably see it anyway.

Kimberly- Which Star Wars movie is your favorite? (Mine is "Return of the Jedi"...which I claim is proof I was supposed to be a Star Wars fan since it came out a few months after I was born)

Anna- We've been getting rain at night and it's supposed to get down in the 50s this weekend.

Cheryl- Glad to year your husband got to come home!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Ashley, I hope things settle down so that your mother can enjoy her retirement. The rain made it here and it is hanging around for the next 3-4 days too. Cooler temps here too.

Andrea, hi!

Cathe, any bites on your camper yet? Hopefully it will sell soon.

Cheryl, how is Karol doing? I would imagine that losing a big toe is a pretty big deal with balance. I hope his wound heals quickly. Sorry he can’t have a scotter.

Danielle, when are you going on vacation? I know you are anxious to see the baby.

Denise, hi!

Katy, tell Jeannie I said hello too and that we miss her. I am glad she is doing well.

Kimberly, did you get to watch all of your Star Wars movies? I hope you are feeling better.

Terry, getting out was more exhausting that I anticipated but it did feel good to be out. I am ready to get back to my normal routine but my body is still saying, “not yet!” I hope the dog event goes smoothly and that you have a wonderful week with your son.

Have a great weekend ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

YHEA It's National Scrapbooking Day!!...........make something!!

Kimberly- sorry to hear you are having trouble again. Hope you are cleared to drive soon.

Katy- I'd keep DH's jeep too. Yes, it is good to have two vehicles. I didn't think of that.
Tell Jeannie I miss her humor.
I bet you could find someone to buy those cards. Every year there is a huge buy/sell event at the mall. But maybe you should just keep them. Someday you might have a grandchild who would love them.

Cheryl- oh I didn't know Karyol had had polio. Poor guy has been through the mill, hasn't he?
Sure hope they can retro-fit the shoe. I imagine they are expensive.
SOOOO glad to hear that Priscilla will have a week off. I'm sure she will be glad to be with her babies.

Terry- I had fun pinning camping storage ideas.
We are going to go get it on the 15th.
Then I measure my spaces and go to Bed Bath and Beyond or the Container store. To get to a container store I'll have to have a road trip with my friend. The nearest is about an hour away.
How long as it been since you've seen your son?

Anna- Glad you were able to get out a little bit. Hope your body isn't screaming "why did you do that?"
I haven't even gotten the pictures of the camper on Craig's list or FB. Doug was going to come over to help me retake pictures with it fully opened up, but he is busy all weekend. Maybe I should just use what I have.

Ashley- It would be hard for your mom living with two people who argue all the time. Hugs for her!

Kentucky derby is today. Rum and I like to watch the horses parade in and we make our picks. It's our "thing". We really do so little together that I passes up a shopping trip today so I can watch with him.

Danielle- Is your hubby and the dogs going with you? Who will water the garden?

Andrea and Denise-

Ok I'm going to go look at the challenges. Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

It is raining here. I will be cleaning and scrapping. I do have to run to a lady’s house. I am buying some Sizzix dies from her.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning---I've been pinning those cute big eyed digi girls like crazy. For some reason I really love them. Not sure what I'll do but I love the idea of some quiet coloring time!
I keep adding items to my "take along crafting" box. Newest items is the misty since those JN stamps need it.

Is anyone doing anything today in the challenges for NSD?

Anna: It's weird that we've done all this planning for this trip and now that we leave in 5 days I'm in a mild panic about what we might have forgotten to take. But I do that with every trip! I found that I'm good staying home putzy around until someone tells me I cannot go out. Then it's horrible cabin fever!
Ashley: may the forth be with you too!! Glad you got to enjoy it!
Cathe: I found more stuff at the container store! It eats my $$$ like crazy. We saw Aaron in March when we buried DH's old man but only for a few days. Before that it was almost a year. I miss seeing my grandbabies grow up!! One is now 17 & the other 15. Holy cow!!!
Cheryl: That's too bad Karyol can't use the scooter. He's sure had to endure a lot! I must not have said what I meant right: not the orthopedic surgeon but the guy that molds the orthotics for the shoes. Steve has "Wally" and that's all he does is molding and shaping. Wish Priscilla a Happy Birthday!
Denise: can't wait to see the LOs you are working on!
Katy: I think keeping the car is a good idea! BB cards? I finally demanded that both my kids take their boxes & boxes of them home. Maybe go online and see what ones might be worth $$. Glad to hear Jeannie & Jon are settling in and enjoying it!

Hi Andrea, Danielle, & Kim. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Comrads at Last By Scrappin 2

This is the only thing I've done so far for NSD,
It is for Donna's (bonprof) challenge. She put up a sketch and a few rules. My kind of challenge.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cuddles By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Terry - There is an orthotics place called NovaCare that casted his feet and made the shoes to fit. I am hoping that he can just modify the one shoe where the amputation has occurred.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

What a day!

I was scrapping booking away, doing the challenges and whamo our internet went down. DH ran over the cable with the mower. He knew how important it was for me to upload my LOs so he got right on the problem. He couldn't find his splicer so he had to run to Menard's for one. Dang cable company is they had buried that cable when they replaced it, none of the frustration would have happened!!

I did Marci's 3 challenges. I had a lot of fun.

I watched the Kentucky Derby with Rum. My bff's daughter went this year. I felt so bad for her, all dressed up and it was raining so hard.

Catch you all tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I had work friends that went to the Kentucky Derby. They work rain coats over their pretty outfits. Such a shame it wasn't a pretty day.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Working this weekend...today I was on manual differentials (I'm there tomorrow too) and it wasn't bad. My partner and I finished all the work we had, except for the occasional STAT, before 1PM. The only bad part is the bench with the microscopes is directly under the air conditioner vents and they had the air on full blast today so I had to get my jacket from my locker and wear it under my lab coat LOL!

Anna- It's supposed to storm here tomorrow and there's a big bike race tomorrow. I have no idea how that's going to work...I'm more worried about this bike race causing problems with me getting to work.

Cathe- I have to sit and make something for my mom for Mother's Day but I couldn't do it today. Maybe I'll start tomorrow after work.

Terry- I had someone once ask me why May the Fourth was a big deal....I had to explain the play on words to them. They didn't think it was as funny as I did LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! I plan on scrapping again today.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Steve headed out early to do some dog training and then tonight we are going out to dinner. Do you all have McGrath's Fish House? They have a huge selection so I don't mind eating there.

I did look at some of the challenges and what was done. Getting mojo back like Katy.

Nothing else is going on---rather boring actually!! I did see the ending of the Derby. What a beautiful horse that won---was he your pick Cathe?

BBL----

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey y'all.

I had every intention if scrapping on NSD but it didn't happen had a bunch of errands to do, got home at 9pm exhausted. Then I could not sleep. Ugh, why does that happen?

Cheryl, I hope they can modify his shoe.

Terry, I get the feeling of forgetting something.

Ashley, singing ? I get the acting a part to portray a story in dance=emotion but not the singing, that is choir. Lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ENABLER ALERT: Michael's has their stamps buy one get one free this week. I purchased TWO Julie Nutting dolls for $9.99. They have a lot of other things 40-60% off.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I work the next three nights so if I am not around you will know why.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Bit of a slow day at the lab...slow enough that I got six of my twelve continuing education credits done LOL! I'm off tomorrow which I thought was a good thing until I found out my sister is also off tomorrow. That usually means some kind of forced shopping trip that I can only hope to get out of being a part of.

Denise- I think the studio owner believes if the kids are singing, it will distract the parents from the fact they don't really know the dance. Some years (like the year the beginner ballet did "Let it Go" or last year when a mid-level class did "How Far I'll Go) it kind of just happens but the studio owner encourages the kids to know the song more the dance...which is silly. (I do sometimes sing along when I dance but that's only because I can't count music. Since my hearing is lopsided, I don't always hear the counts but, if there are words, those I can mark.)

Cheryl- Good luck at work!

In response to DNA301

Hi all. Ended up in the hospital again, totally missed NSD this year, but I'm not going to let that get me down, or cause me to start to isolate again.... Chronic CHF (Eschemic Cardiomyopathy) is a bear... but it will not get me. So I am here, posting. I did manage to get this layout done Friday before everything went down hill...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Kimberly- so sorry to hear about your health. Are you still in the hospital?

Terry- We don't have a McGrath's Fish restaurant. We sure could use a good fish establishment.
Nope, neither Rum or I picked that horse to win.

I was lucky enough to have the random drawing pull my name for Donna's (bonprof) 5 hour challenge. I spent my winnings already. LOL

Sorry Denise you didn't get to play this year.

Cheryl- We'll miss you!

Have a nice day ladies.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Kimberly, hope today is a better day for you.

Cathe, congrats on the win!

Denise, I didn't do anything for NSD either.

Terry, no McGrath's Fish House here. Never heard of it.

Have a good one!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

o Scrapkaty - my dogs doing okay they said the blood test was good nothing but the vet said if she get another one is make apt and we will have to figure out what it is.

well this weekend we did some stuff with the garden. we had to level the ground seen it was sink when it got wet and the landscaper guys never level it right so we been try to level the ground by the garden beds. so we did that all day Saturday and i mow the lawn the front and the back. i got a blister on me right leg pink toe and it hurts little bit. i got to face time my parents and show them the house that are being built in are neighborhood. Sunday we did some more level the ground by the garden beds then we went into town and had to go buy dog food and go to the bank and then home depo to get some more plant for the ones that die. It was warm yesterday in the 90's. well today nothing much just filling the holes in the grass in the back yard with soil. go to the gym later on. my husband has to start work late because the guy that works night quite so my husband got to find someone else and that means are little vacation going to have to Waite until he finds some. i didn't get to do anything for NSD bummer.

Kimberly- so sorry to hear about your health.

Cathe, congrats on the win!

Terry, no McGrath's Fish House here. Never heard of it.

hope everyone has a nice monday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies: I have a "free" day before the crunch to leave. Tomorrow I clean house, Wed I have apts in morning and the afternoon is filled with last minute details. I'm getting excited now!!
Anna: hope you are still feeling better day by day. When's your return to work date?
Ashley: tell your mom/sister that you don't feel like shopping.
Cathe: congrats on the win!! What did you buy?
Cheryl: hope work is quiet and no major problems
Danielle: are you leveling under the garden boxes?
Denise: how are you? Getting any LOs done?
Katy: did you get your jeep back yet?
Kim: sorry you ended up in the hosp again. Hope today is better.

McGrath's is one of those restaurants where they have good food and lots of it. Plus for fish it isn't just salmon or halibut. Dinner was very good!
Have a great day....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Abby0317

Hi all!
I feel like I'm just taking time off work... and then oh,, I remember... I'm retired! Everyday is a Saturday for me now.. I am going through all the shelves and drawers and bins and the closet in my scrap room right now.. trying to purge out stuff I haven't used in forever.. Unfortunately... except for some old papers... I haven't purged anything... and no purging is getting done while I'm on this computer!

Terry, my main jeep is still in the shop. My mechanic said it will be ready this afternoon... Yesterday I drove my other jeep over to Michael's (just over an hour's drive). It drove great.. Just a bit more rigid and noisy since it is older and it has a soft top. I, too, have never heard of McGraths Fish house...

Danielle, glad to hear your dog is OK.. What are you planting in your garden beds? Flowers or veggies?

Cathe, congrats on the win! What did you buy with your winnings?
I did scrap on Saturday... first time in like forever!!

Kim, I'm sorry to hear you ended up back in the hospital. I hope you're home or getting to come home soon!

Ashley, so, did you manage to get out of the forced shopping trip with your sister?

Cheryl, besides the downpour at Churchill Downs, did your friends have a good time at the races? I watched it... I noticed at the end, Justify, who won, and was in the lead almost the whole way was pretty clean... all the others behind were of a muddy brown color!

Denise, sorry you couldn't sleep the other night... sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep I give up and get a cup of warm milk... it seems to help me!

Yesterday on my way home from Michael's (through "farm country") a bird flew in to the hood of my jeep right below the windshield... it scared the holy [email protected] out of me! I had to pull over and push it off the hood as it was just laying there... luckily I had an old pair of gardening gloves in the car... I felt so bad that I cried... it was a pretty bird.... now as soon as it warms up this afternoon I have to go wash the front and the hood of my jeep. Driving through all that farm country has lots of bugs flying into the grill!

OK, back to purging...

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Scrapkaty

• Scrapkaty Said:
Hi all!
I feel like I'm just taking time off work... and then oh,, I remember... I'm retired! Everyday is a Saturday for me now.. I am going through all the shelves and drawers and bins and the closet in my scrap room right now.. trying to purge out stuff I haven't used in forever.. Unfortunately... except for some old papers... I haven't purged anything... and no purging is getting done while I'm on this computer!

Terry, my main jeep is still in the shop. My mechanic said it will be ready this afternoon... Yesterday I drove my other jeep over to Michael's (just over an hour's drive). It drove great.. Just a bit more rigid and noisy since it is older and it has a soft top. I, too, have never heard of McGraths Fish house...

Danielle, glad to hear your dog is OK.. What are you planting in your garden beds? Flowers or veggies?

Cathe, congrats on the win! What did you buy with your winnings?
I did scrap on Saturday... first time in like forever!!

Kim, I'm sorry to hear you ended up back in the hospital. I hope you're home or getting to come home soon!

Ashley, so, did you manage to get out of the forced shopping trip with your sister?

Cheryl, besides the downpour at Churchill Downs, did your friends have a good time at the races? I watched it... I noticed at the end, Justify, who won, and was in the lead almost the whole way was pretty clean... all the others behind were of a muddy brown color!

Denise, sorry you couldn't sleep the other night... sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep I give up and get a cup of warm milk... it seems to help me!

Yesterday on my way home from Michael's (through "farm country") a bird flew in to the hood of my jeep right below the windshield... it scared the holy [email protected] out of me! I had to pull over and push it off the hood as it was just laying there... luckily I had an old pair of gardening gloves in the car... I felt so bad that I cried... it was a pretty bird.... now as soon as it warms up this afternoon I have to go wash the front and the hood of my jeep. Driving through all that farm country has lots of bugs flying into the grill!

OK, back to purging...

i am plant veggies

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Kathy- Oh the poor birdie, and poor you for being so startled, and emotional.

terry- Have fun on your trip.

Doug put the camper on Craig's list about noon. A guy came about 3:30 and bought it! He's a big older and has a long gray beard. He and Rum are still out there, but he handed over the cash.
I can't watch it being pulled out. I will cry.

I made cards today with my new SU Eclectic set. I forgot to photograph and they are in envelopes already. -- signed and sealed.

I have Rayn's Choir presentation at 7:00. I'll have to leave at 6:00 to go get my SIL and get out to the high school.--She's in 8th, but the music program is at the high school.

I'm trying to decide when to eat. I took out boneless chicken from the Schawn man. I'm just going to bread them and fry them up.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Cathe, WOW! Did you expect your trailer to sell so fast? How long had you had owned it? Before I moved in 2015 I had a garage sale.. My sis and I hung signs all over... but people really didn't start showing up until my eldest DD put an ad on Craigslist... Most of the buyers said they saw the ad online..

Well, all.... I scrapped..... and below is the finished product... now if I can just remember how to link it here!

Smile.... it's contagious By Scrapkaty

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Wow Cathe! That was fast! I am glad it sold so quickly!

It is so nice to have you back with us Katy! You haven't lost your touch....your layout is gorgeous! So sorry about the bird incident.

Terry, sounds like the countdown has begun!

Edited by Anna C on 05-08-18 02:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Was off from work today (I was supposed to be off Tuesday but I switched with another tech because she needed Tuesday off and a day off is a day off either way LOL) and it turned out to be a good thing because I woke up and had a massive panic attack. I'm feeling better now...just very tired and drained. It's going to be a fun rest of the week for me.

Kimberly- I'm sorry you were in the hospital again.

Terry- My mom is like that...right before she and I leave for vacation (which is rare for us) she has to clean house and stock the fridge and do all the errands.

Katy- I didn't get out of going out shopping...my mom bought me ice cream though LOL!

Cathe- Congrats on the trailer selling so fast!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

terry - yea the garden bed are already level we did that when we put the poles on the cement. have a fun trip.

Wow Cathe! That was fast! I am glad it sold so quickly!

Katy- that a nice layout

well today going to be in the 70's here. well yesterday i plant the tomato plant back in the garden box and today go to this other nursery and buy celery plants to put in the garden box. oh are corn is come up you can see little green come up. i need to get my car wash today it need it. i need later is go to another nursery to look to see if i can find everygreen plant to hid in the conner of are back yard to hide this person shed that is big and i don't want to see it.

hope everyone has a great tuesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Katy- Your LO is beautiful. I'm so happy you are back.............and scrapping again too.

We had had the pop-up camper for 17 years. A single, older guy bought it to take fishing. I know I will miss it.

Ashley- so sorry about your panic attack.

Danielle- wow, you can see the corn already! You will have some nice vegetables before you know it.

Rayn's choir thing was nice last night.On the way home, I stopped at Dairy Queen and got hot fudge sundaes for Rum and me.

It's beautiful here today.
I'm picking up the boys today.
Van has a track meet but I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

Don't know what to have for supper the rest of the week. Rum said I should plan my meals for the week. He's been saying that for years. LOL I guess I had to when I was working. Part of the problem is trying not to eat beef. I love beef. LOL

Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies! Y'all know my schedule so I won't re-iterate. I do have to also give little Abby a hair cut, which she hates!

Cathe: how cool that you sold the pop up so quick! That's just awesome!!!!
Ashley: I can well imagine how physically exhausting a major panic attack can be. The rare small ones that I've had wipe me out! Hope you are doing ok!!!
Katy: Stunning LO!!! Mojo is back--yea. I've always loved your style of scrapping and hope to see more!

Hi to all---I'm off to clean up!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello

Kimberly, so sorry you are having so many health issues.

Garden is going strong so far. I check on it each day, water and weed as needed. I will have ripe tomatoes soon. Flowers are doing well also.

Getting ready for Cooper birthday party, hubby is building him a play set swings slide fort etc from scratch. It's taking a lot of time.

Heading to ft worth to watch the granddaughter's ballet progtam. Will get home about 2 am. Yuck.

Cathe, yay on winning and on selling the camper.

Terry have a great trip.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Cathe - Wow that was fast on selling the camper!!! Thanks for the nurses day card.

Katy - Yes they still had fun at the races.

Off to work!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! I was in the third floor lab today doing a 7:30-3:30 shift...I was so excited because I came in at about 7:20 (that's the earliest I can clock in for a 7:30 shift) and I had both analyzers set up and QC passed by 7:40! Then I went on break at 9:30 and came back at 10AM to find both analyzers down and alarming...I DO NOT KNOW what my partners did but I was like "You guys made the machines sad! You make them happy!" Tomorrow I'm back upstairs in the main lab and then Thursday I'm back downstairs for 7:30-3:30 LOL!

Cathe- I keep telling my mom that we should try and meal plan but it never works. There are too many people here eating too many different things.

Terry- I'm doing alright. I feel like my batteries are stuck at 25% and refuse to charge anymore than that. I was glad it was slow on the third floor today so I could just work at my own speed.

Denise- How did the ballet program go? What did the girls dance to?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

good morning!!

Denise- You're such a good Grandma to travel all that way for the ballet recital. I'm sure she loved having you there.
I'm jealous that you can grow tomatoes and I get to eat ol' hard, store bought ones. LOl

Ashley- hope you can recharge soon. Are you off this weekend?

I bought some petunia's yesterday. At the check out I thought their prices high, so I only took half of them. I wanted to buy from them as they are local, but just didn't want to pay $1.19 for each plant. I need to look around for more---at another local nursery.

Tonight is Nev's honors award ceremony. I will definitely be going!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well another nice day here. but looks like we might be get rain here Friday. well i bought some evergreen to put on the Conner of are house in the back to hide this person shed that is big and is a eye sore. so we plant it tonight when my husband comes home. i bought some celery and plant that. then later when husband get home is put my angle statues by the front of the garden bed side. going to work out this morning.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

The census is low tonight at the hospital so I got called off until 11. I have to call back and see if they need me at 11. I hope I don’t have to go.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Ever look at someone at work and wonder just how they're still working there? We have a tech like that and I had to work with her today...somehow, while I was on my break, she lost five test tubes. Instead of checking the floor or her pockets she starts opening all the anaylzers (causing a backlog I had to dig out of), calling the floor, and getting the lead techs involved even though we all told her to check the floor and her pockets! The specimens...all five....were in her lab coat pockets the whole time!

Cathe- I'm off this weekend from the hospital. I mean, I have to go to the dance studio Saturday and try and help out there but that's it.

Cheryl- Hope you get to stay home!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley, how are you doing? Recovered? Glad you have the weekend off.

Cathe, I try to meal plan for the week. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t. I have not bought the first flower yet but hope to get some soon. How was Nev’s ceremony? You inspired me to get out my Waterfront stamp set and play with it. I made four cards yesterday with it.

Denise, what a nice gift for Cooper! I know he and Sadie will enjoy it. Does he have to build one for Emmett too? Loved the photo of your beautiful granddaughters in their dance costumes.

Terry, I find out today when I can go back to work. I figure it will be Tuesday after Memorial Day….that will be six weeks from date of surgery. Not sure when you are leaving, but I hope you have a wonderful trip!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Anna, no, he won't build one for Emmett and Christopher. Their backyard is tiny and can't be seen from the living room.

Hope the honors awards go great for your granddaughter Cathe.

Terry, bon voyage. Hope you can check in here or post photos on Facebook.

Danielle, get your bush planted okay?

Lots to do today so off to get started.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well today another nice day but yesterday in the afternoon it rain little bit. i help my neighborhood with her planters that she put outside to give little color. i am going to my class at the gym today. i need to clean house. we planted are evergreen last night and when i help put them in the ground they rub on my arm and it start itching. then i put my angle statues at the front of my garden box. we had to seal some of the crakes in the angle statues. well we not going to California this weekend because the guy that work night quite so my husband been work nights they close at 7 pm now which is good. so i hope he can find hire someone that the following weekend we can go out to cail. we will see i want to meet my nephew. my sister send pic of him and he so cute and can't Waite to hold him. my brother girlfriend should have her baby soon maybe the end of may.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Ashley- She wouldn't check her pockets? How dumb is that!

Danielle- It always amazes me how fast trees and shrubs grow. It won't be long and you won't be able to see the neighbor's shed.

Anna-Hope you are ready to go back to work after Memorial Day. Are you feeling better each day?
I'll be waiting to see a new card from you using the Waterfront stamp.

Nev's Honors awards were very nice. She had the cutest dress.
I'm so proud of her. She applied for a scholarship a local bank w and got it!! That meant a bit of money for college. She also had a nice award from her Music teacher. That lady gave her $100 out of her own pocket. She had a couple of other awards too. She's a go-getter.
I'm so glad that Van went. They usually let him miss stuff that is long and rather boring. I'm hoping his take-away is that he wants some of the awards when he's a Senior. He's 11, will be 12 on Monday. He sure fits the bill for interests in Social Studies-he seems to like current events, and Science.

I have a hair cut at noon. I want it chopped off, yet this little bit longer look gives my head a better shape LOL. ...........and the cow-lick covers a bit easier.

Once again the kitchen counter has stuff all over it. My stuff! (sigh)
Guess I should do some picking-up.

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I didn’t get to stay home last night. I had to go in at 11 to sit with a suicidal patient. Got my hair done today and will be going to nurse banquet at 5:30.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well it cloudy here and going to rain today. well i mow the lawn yesterday and water the front. well i talk to my husband little bit and said next Saturday we will be head to vegas and stay with my aunt and then head to California

hope everyone has a nice Friday .

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Helloooo!!

I swear I posted this morning!!!

It is so cold here. It's only 42. --rainy too.
today I wore my Eddie Baurer rain jacket. I should have worn my winter coat. It was funny seeing what people had on for coats. Some had winter attire, some Spring and some had no coats on at all!

We aren't going to Nev's last track meet. It's 45 min. away and she might not even run if her leg hurts.

I had a text from Casey this morning. She said she needed to Clone herself to call her. --which I did. She was home with Oakley who had a fever. She needed to pick up or send me to Target--the one way up North. They had the shoes Rayn needed for tonight. I said I'd go. I called BFF Carole and off we went. We stopped in TjMaxx, Bed Bath and Beyond, Michael's and Hallmark. All were pretty brief. Then we came back down to our neck of the woods and went to Panera. I then picked up Kian at 2:00 for her so she didn't have to drag Oakley out. On the way back to their house I had to stop at Oakley's sitters. I had to get the Mother's Day gift he made for her.

I'm going to go mess with my Ranger pastes.
Have a nice evening.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hello ladies! Here I sit in Rock Springs Wy where it’s 41 deg and pouring rain. Good to know that the heater and the electric fireplace work. Tomorrow we’ll stop in North Platte NE and the next day we’re in Sedalia Mo. I have decided that I could move to Tremonton Utah...it’s gorgeous farmland with the mountains right there.

Anna...can’t wait to see the new cards
Ashley...really? In her pocket? What an airhead...
Cathe...congrats to Nev. what accomplishments for a senior!
Cheryl....suicide? I cannot imagine!
Danielle...we drove by Burley today and it was raining!
Denise...how’s your allergies? Tomatoes already...wow!

I hope you all a very happy Mother’s Day...just in case Idont get back on here!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Hello!! I have been running errands literally all day. Finally time to wind down.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Let’s Play By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I was on body fluids at work and that's my least favorite bench to be. You never know if you're going to get no work OR you're going to get slammed with work. My day was going fine until about 2PM when I got six fluids all at the same time and three of them were bloody so that meant pulling out my chart to do dilutions (I can't do the math in my head).

Anna- I'm doing better...just tired. It's like my batteries refuse to go past 25% charged.

Cathe- I'm not sure my sister went to my high school awards ceremony but I'm sure I went to hers. I'm also sure my sister slept through my college graduation LOL!

Terry- The tech who had the tubes in her pocket is the only one in the lab who's never gotten a "merit raise"...she gets all 0's on her lab report card which means she doesn't get a raise.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

It's another cold and rainy day. Oh well, it's not snow.

Terry- It's a good thing the heater works in the travel trailer!!
I'd love having some mountains out my kitchen window.

Cheryl- That's a sweet LO of Priscilla and the kids.
I have that background paper. I love it!

I'm not sure what my day holds.
I'd like to scrap the day away. We'll see.

Have a great Mother's Day all you moms.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello good morning

well it rain here today and cold. well we are going to be going on are vacation next Saturday. we are going to my husband aunt house and spend the night and Sunday head to cailforna to see my parents. nothing much going on today i think am going to clean my scrapbook room little bit.

Terry - next time you pass burley it would be nice to meet you.

hope everyone has a nice saturday and nice mothers day

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Good Saturday morning ya'all!
Well, it's a sunny blue sky 76 degrees here... no rain in sight.. think I'll go play in my backyard.. do a bit of weeding and watering..

Danielle.... Sorry it's raining there... and YEAYY!! a vacation to sunny CA! Hope it stays sunny for you.

Cathe.... sorry it raining there too! That's nice of you to do that for Casey.. and you included a couple of great shops in your trip for her..
Hope Oakley is feeling better.

Ashley.... eeeuuuww on the "body fluids"...especially the bloody ones! I don't blame them for not giving any merit raise to your co-worker...

Cheryl... Love your layout! Cute kids they are! Did you do that layout after running errands all day? How is Karyol doing?

Terry... Hey world traveler... or US traveler.. sorry it's raining on your journey! But good the heater and fireplace are working!

12 days I'm headed to see my sis! I'm so excited.. I haven't seen her since October! It's nice that I no longer have to deal with taking any time off work or working around everyone's schedule to take time off... Yeay! Sister time!

I hope all you Mothers have a beautiful and Happy Mothers' Day..

I'm headed off tomorrow AM to Michael's for a bar b que with his Mom and his family..

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

Katy - Yes I scrapped after running around all day.

Gorgeous day here. 87 and sunny at the moment. I have grilled chicken thighs, deer tenderloin, deer burgers and pork chops for this week. I have stained 2 new kitchen cabinets and put them in their place in the kitchen. I am currently sitting outside reading the threads. Of course, I went for a 3.5 mile run this morning before doing everything else.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Holidays By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 05-12-18 05:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

The Polar Express By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Thanks Anna for the wonderful Mother's Day wish.

Cheryl- I have enjoyed seeing all your new layouts. The kids are darling.

Danielle- It's nice that you will be able to see your relatives. Who will water the garden?

Katy- you haven't seen your sister since October?? I bet you really miss each other! I hope you two scrap a Layout or two together.
Yes, one of the perks of retirement is that you can get up and go whenever you want.

The weather is miserable here today.........chilly and rainy. At least it's not snow.

Enjoy your day everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Happy Mother’s Day!! I am getting ready to go for a run. 71 and sunny here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hello. Happy mother's day my friends.

Hot and humid today and yesterday. I'll take a bit of your cool Cathe.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Hot and humid here too. 90 degrees today

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day! It was cold and icky and rainy here so we just stayed in. I made a cheesecake with a Rice Krispie Treat crust and that's about it!

Katy- I could use a vacation...but my first vacation isn't until the end of June.

Cheryl- I could use some of that warm weather here LOL! It's been gross and rainy all weekend.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics