Username Post: Printing in a circle?        (Topic#1412059)
luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap

Does anyone know if you can use Microsoft Word or Power Point to print text as a circle?? I'm sooo computer stupid.

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown
In response to luv to scrap

Go to word art and you are able to chose a shape in there...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-30-07 11:27 AM
In response to The Duchess of Sassytown

Exactly, WordArt and then stretch the oval shape to a circle and change the font if you want to.

proud_auntie
Idol
proud_auntie
In response to Vel

Is there a way to get it to spiral?

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to proud_auntie

Ok maybe I'm totally dense but when I use word art I can't get anything even close to a circle. When I stretch the shape all it does is stretch my journaling so it's illegible. Am I totally stupid here????

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

In Wordart use the third one in on the top line (the arc). Then click on the little yellow diamond until the arc becomes a circle. Then you can make it bigger by clicking on the little white squares. Hope this helps you out.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

To Journal around the perimeter of a circle: 1) open ms word. From the file menu at top select Insert>Picture>Word Art. 2) You will then see the art box. On the first row third icon is an arc. Select it. Click ok and you will see the words...'Your Text Here'. Change the font to whatever you want and type whatever you want. Click ok. 3) It will now appear on the page. Highlight your phrase by clicking on it once. A little box will appear. Then click on the little 'abc' (the b is slightly lower than the a and c). A new box will appear. 4) click on the circle 'outlined' shape (mine is the second row, three in). Then 'grab' a shaping handle and the shape will be movable. You can make it round.

I hope this works for you. It does for me.

amyc1
amyc1 
Veteran
amyc1
  • amyc1 on 03-30-07 02:38 PM
In response to Sunnydi

You gals are GREAT!!! I've always wondered how people have done that. I may actually learn about my computer yet.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to amyc1

Oh I get what you are saying. I never knew I could do that. Thanks.

But that's not what I was thinking of. What I'm looking to do is have my journaling paragraph fill up the inside of a circle all the way to the edges. I don't want my journaling to be a square inside a circle I want it to be a circular shape inside the circle.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't really clear on my original post.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Ok, I think I have the directions for that in my file....I'll look and post later if I do. Hang in there

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Ok, I found it. You may want to print this out for the practicing of it. This method in MS Word is not real easy, nor is it ‘perfect’. A person has to type and hit return (Enter) a lot to keep text within the circle guide. It can be done, but takes patience.

Open up a new MS Word doc. Make sure you have the ‘Drawing’ Tool bar showing. Click on the oval on it. A box appears and in it says “Create Your Drawing Here”. If you click once in it it turns into a circle. You can size the circle to what you want. Double click on the circle and a box appears. Under the tab ‘Colors And Lines’ change the ‘fill’ to “No Fill”. Under the tab ‘Size’ manually change the Height and Width to the same dimension. Under the tab ‘Layout’ click “In Front of Text”. Click OK. Now click off the circle so it is not ‘chosen’. On the tool bar Click on Insert and choose ‘Text Box’. A box appears. Double click the border of this box and in the formatting box under the tab ‘Colors and Lines’ change the Line/Color to “No Line”. Under the Layout tab, click “Behind text”. Click OK. You can resize this box to the size you want, and position it over the circle. Now chose ‘Align Left’ for your text and choose the font/size you wish. What you have to do is use the space bar at the beginning of each line and use the enter key at the right edge of the circle.

Like I said this isn’t real easy. Good luck. I have done it at work when creating brochures, but not at home for scrapbooking journaling.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Sunnydi

be sure to check out the Each One Teach One thread in tips and techniques forum for more computer how to's and a bunch of other stuff!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/13650...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics