Username Post: Glue "stamp" pad?        (Topic#1463981)
LeCricket
Resident
LeCricket

Does such an animal exist? I'm looking for something I can stamp onto and then sprinkle with glitter. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeCricket

here

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to moxiegirl23

Yep...Liz pointed it out. I ordered one and have been playing with it. I will say I am not as impressed as I hoped to be... I read a review that suggested heat setting it. It does not need to be heat set, but basically using a heat tool to speed drying seems to help. I haven't gotten around to trying that though.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

I used it on a tiny stamp design and i didn't like the results. One of these days I'm going to try it with chunkier designs to see if I like it any better.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to moxiegirl23

I tried it with a chunky one...the stuff just didn't stick. I am hoping that heating it so it dries faster will do it.. I tried using extra glue to make it super thick and sticky too and that helped some, but it still didn't stick well.

Feather57
Veteran
Feather57
In response to riorabbit

Use the heat gun lightly before you apply the glitter. The heat makes it tackier.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Feather57

I too have tried it with many of the large Fancy Pants stamps and it looks incredibly awesome, however the glitter does rub off so I am pretty disappointed with it. I am going to try using the Art Institute glue on a pad and stamp it and see if it adheres better. It should work because when I use it for raised glitter titles it never comes of. I will keep you all posted once I test it for sure.

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to creater1

Huh. I look at these every time I'm in the store. I usually pick it up and put it back even. It doesn't sound like it works that well is that right?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to skarletbegonias

• skarletbegonias Said:
Huh. I look at these every time I'm in the store. I usually pick it up and put it back even. It doesn't sound like it works that well is that right?

The main issue I have had is that it is not sticky enough. If you do NOT touch the glitter or flocking powder at all, it sticks. If you even slightly rub it...it rubs off. For a scrapbook page that just doesn't work for me. Chances are it will get bumped or touched at some point. I don't want it to be a mess later becuase someone touched it.

Also with flocking powder this makes NO sense at all! The point to flocking powder is that it is fuzzy and a textural thing. YOu can rub it and feel the fuzzy. If you rub these images that are stamped in this glue...it rubs the image off though. Not cool...

I am going to keep playing with it as well and I will let you know how it goes.

meowthecat
New Kid On the Block
meowthecat
In response to riorabbit

I have used this glue pad with differant results, i have found using a cheap hair spray does set it in place, this also works well when chalking

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to meowthecat

The hairspray sounds like a good idea, I didn't know it was a safe product. I'll have to check it out.

meowthecat
New Kid On the Block
meowthecat
In response to skarletbegonias

I'd be interested to hear if its a safe product or not, I've used cheap hairspray for years on cards and just continued with my SB without a thought about if its safe or not

LeCricket
Resident
LeCricket
In response to meowthecat

Thanks for the info! I'm on the fence about getting this. I wish there was a product out there with more consistent results!

aprildgirl
Veteran
aprildgirl
In response to LeCricket

I had this question awhile back, I was trying to make my own glitter, foil, and flock images. I tried 2 stamp pads and even covering my stamp in glossy accents glue and still nothing. I did get flock to stick after stamping with the glue pad adding my flock and then heat setting but like ya said it just rubs off. What exactly are uns doing with the hairspray? thanks

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics