Username Post: QOTD 5/21        (Topic#1464543)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-08 03:15 AM

How long have you been scrapbooking? Has your style changed over time?

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to Huskymom

I don't remember a time when I didn't do some form of scrapping.

It all started with Magazines and those magnetic albums!

So yeah, you could say it definatly changed my style over time.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Picture Happy

Since Diana Spencer married Prince Charles back in 1981. I pasted newspaper clippings into Mead notebooks.

My style has changed in that I'm no longer using glue, Scotch tape and 3 subject notebooks. I'm still a fairly simple scrapper, with the emphasis on my pictures rather than embellishments or techniques.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to moxiegirl23

I've been scrapping for nearly 8 years, and my style has changed tremendously!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to ScrappyPrincess

I started really scrapping this past winter and my style has already changed. Maybe its that I'm still trying to find my style.

I feel like I've been scrapbooking longer because I bought a ton of supplies years ago, but just never got into it.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Amigosa

It's a year this month. I started with a kit that was originally meant for my dd to use after my granddaughter was born. Well my dd never used it and I gave it a try... and here I am
My style is starting to change, but I'm still kind of finding it.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Amigosa

Since 2003. I think my style has changed since 2006.. I cant explain it but I like my LO's MORE now then I did then.

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to SQ Mandi

Off and on for many years.... addicted for a little over a year now

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to SQ Mandi

Since i was introduced to it in 2000 I guess it has been 8 years. . . . . I wasn't as into it as I have been in the last year because now I am totally addicted! I used to have control but now ummm not so much LOL! My style had change a TON and I have to say that I am happy with where it is!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to mkthomas

It's been over 10 years but it's not really my style that's changed but as I acquired new toys/tools the look did change.

Started out with templates and hand cut things. I've always been into die cuts and still am, so that didn't change.

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to coffeenow

I technically started the summer after 8th grade in 1995, but didn't really get into scrapbooking until a couple years after that.

My style has changed over that time, it's a much cleaner style.

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to Vivian loves BLING

If I start at my high school memories book,, well I won't say how long,,, but my style has changed,, or maybe it's just that I like so many different techniques and tools and as I aquire them,, my lo's look different.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to sunberry2

I started scrapping in 2000 and my style has changed through the years.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to JayAndXansMom

Started in 2001 and my style had changed, not a ton but some here and there.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to scrappinmonkey

I tried a couple of years ago...for a few months but wasn't that excited with it...then I had my daughter last year and am getting back into it...I find it's a lot more fun with kids!

Still trying to find my style...all of the layouts on here are so inspirational!!!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to tricia07

I have been scrapping for a year or less. It really hasnt changed that much yet.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to navyaowife2005

I've been scrapping for a little over two years now. Yes I think my style has changed in the sense that I've gotten "better". And, I also have way more supplies! LOL!

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Babylou

Many years.
My style has changed with my experience & introduction to new things.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Babylou

I did some scrapping about 13 years ago; right after I had my son. I did alot of his baby pictures and up until he started Pre-K, then I stopped.

I started up again about 3 years ago when I joined a Mommies Group and we had a scrapbooking sub-group.

I think my style has changed tremendously from the first album, but there is also alot of difference from when I started back up 3 years ago as well.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to shopgirlaudi

I scrapped with my mom when I was really young (like 10 or 11) but had a long break until my co-workers got me into it in 2006. I know that trends have changed a LOT since my first scrap booking page so my style has changed too! Since I started in 2006 I've been able to see a change as well, but it's kind of like Mandi said, I'm not sure exactly how to describe it but I like my layouts better =)

Ms.CRKS
Diva
Ms.CRKS
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

I've been scrapbooking for 7 years and my style has definately changed.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

Well, I guess when I was little. My mom always kept all the newspaper clippings, etc. and I glued them into scrapbooks.

My style has definitely changed over the years! I use acid free things, I embellish pages rather than just glue them, I journal, etc.

I even look at some books I did just 5-6 years ago and think "wow, I've gotten a lot better"!

ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03

I've been scrapping for about 6 years (since I was 16. I definitely feel like my work has gotten more mature but I'm still a pretty simple scrapper.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to ScrapperKate03

6 years. My style changes all the time!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to denitza

I just started after the first of the year. My style really hasn't changed, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to denitza

I have been scrapping for about 4 years now. And ever since I came to sb.com my style has definitely changed from using a ton of pictures on one page to just using 1 or 2 pictures per page and a lot more paper techniques. The scrappers on this site have inspired me to branch out!

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife

about 5 yrs, and yes my style has changed I think that I have gotten better over time

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to navseawife

My style changes from LO to LO I've been scrapping for about 9 years though it was about 7 years ago that I really jumped on the wagon.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to scrapinboyz

I started scrapping in High School in about '96 with a book that had Kraft paper pages and I would use scoth tape to attatch mementos, postcards, and very few pictures. I would add little side notes with a ball point pen(I still LOVE this book--so many memories!).
In 1998, after I got married, I started scrapbooking with photos and doing it the way we do it now. To say my style has changed drastically would be an understatement, but mostly because the world of scrapbooking has changed so drastically as well. When I started there were a few pps to choose from, a few stickers, and deco edge scissors and that's about it--we've come along ways to say the least!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to luv2scrap:)

I started to scrap when my son was 1 and he is now 13, so 12 years ago.

It started with a CM party at my house and all this boring lady had to say was that there were stores out there for this BUT we don't use them, needless to say I went searching for the "stores" and found them and never looked twice at CM products and white pages again.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I started in 2003 and was immediately addicted. My style changes all the time as I try new techniqes and get new tools.

I went to a CM party prob 12 years ago, was not impressed. Still not impressed with them.

Edited by scrap4brains on 05-21-08 07:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to scrap4brains

I have been scrappin now for 4 years....my style has not really changed,I like ot keep things simple...

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

I have been scrapping for about 10 years, and my style has certainly changed, and will probably continue to change as new products are released and I learn new techniques.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to krishunter

i started scrapbooking sometime around last halloween, about 8 months ago.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to -Kristy-

I have just been scrapping since January 2005. I joined sb.com in Feb. 2005. My style has changed since the very beginning as I learned more and more, but I can go back and see that I like straight lines and not too much clutter on the page.

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I started in college when a roomate was showing me what she was doing with her photos. It was very much in the style of creative memories, lots of journaling and shape cutting of pictures and such. I didn't have a lot of cash so I did mine with construction paper and rubber cement. I kinda did it off and on for many years. And got really back into it about 5 years ago. So many new products and the accessibility to them was better (and so was my salary, LOL!!)

My style evolved from there. The main motivation was always the art of it, but pictures are always the main focus of a page for me.

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

I have scrapbooked since high school in some shape or form...so that would be almost 30 years (YIKES!). But I tried Creative Memories about 13 years ago and that's when it was scrapbooking more as we know it today. And YES....big style evolution since the first years. Thank goodness!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

I was preparing to scrap by buying supplies for 2 years before I actually started. A health scare actually got me started. Since I have really been into it, I can see a change. Before I tried to get all of the pictures on one page. I now will do one picture page LOs.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79
In response to Huskymom

I've been scrapping for 4 years. My style has DEFINITELY changed. Before I committed a ton of scrap-sins (like cutting original photos, using really cheap glue, not being anal about acid free or lignin free). Now, I'm more cognisant (sp) of design, patterned paper and acid free/lignin free.

hugs, Josie

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-08 08:52 AM

Just started few months ago! Not enough time to measure if my style has been changed!

kdott 
Resident
  • kdott on 05-21-08 09:11 AM
In response to Once

I've been scrapping for 9 years, but I got REALLY, REALLY into it about 3 years ago. My style has changed a lot...I started off doing Creative Memories, back when they just had the white page that you stuck the pictures to, and added stickers.

charmaine furman
Pro
charmaine furman

I have been scrapping for a little over 10 years and my style has changed a lot. The biggest change that I can think of right off the bat is that when I started scrapping I LOVED stickers! I put so many on every page that now I look at them and think that they look silly, Oh well!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-21-08 12:31 PM

summer after 8th grade.

yeah, back then i used white computer paper, and whatever I found around the house.

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper
In response to ELynn

4 or 5 years I guess. My style has not really changed since I have no style.

rchelle58
Veteran
rchelle58
In response to IamSamScrapper

I just started scrapping maybe last July. I've seen my style change slightly as I continue to learn and figure out what I'm doing.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Huskymom

here is a page from my first scrap book done over 10 years ago. No laughing
GROOVEY!
and the last page I did

Great Britain Vacation 2006 Day 6

Has my style changed? probably not, just the materials I use have changed.

Scrawford11
Expert
Scrawford11
In response to Huskymom

I have been scrapbooking since high school. I started with using magazine titles and clippings to "embellish" and would doodle a lot, and kept everything in one of those brown,paper scrapbooks, I dont know what to call it exactly. It says "scrapbook" The pages are brown. Anyway.I am very much out of high school now (my DD has graduated from 10th and will be a Jr. next year) and my style has totally changed!!!!! I like my old scrapbook, and am glad I did them. But I really love my new "embellishments". S

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to jazzescrapper

I started about 8-9 years ago. And like so many others, mine started with a CM party!! So for a while I did just strictly CM and kept listening to my consultant (who is a very good friend of mine) when she told me there "was no other way"...Then I met a Stampin Up lady and discovered a whole new world!! She introduced me to the stores both online and regular stores!!

But I do still use CM, just not all the time!!

Kathy

Sweetmel381
Expert
Sweetmel381

I have a scrapbook i started in elementary school some 17 18 years ago, its one those big albums with the brown paper you glued items to. I claim I started scrapping 10 years ago in HS. My style has changed being that was soo long ago, I did 81/2 X 11 cause thats all there was!! Mostly used just plain cardstock there were some pp. I mostly cut and matted pictures no real journaling or titles, its scary looking at them but I labeled who everyone was in the pictures which Im glad cause I dont think I would have remembered them today

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Sweetmel381

I've been scrapping for almost 10 years. My style started with the typical deco edges and sticker sneeze, then evolved into super neat & tidy with computer journaling, then onto a little bit of lumpy bumpy. Now I've settled into a comfortable clean & simple style with one or two flat embellishments and hand journaling. I really would love to see the trend go back to the bare basics. I lost my motivation in the last year or two when cluttered layouts became the rage.

scrappinpeanut
Resident
scrappinpeanut
In response to Judy_Scraps

I started in 2000 when my daughter was born and my style has changed over the years, which I think is natural... In fact, when I look at the layouts I posted here back in 2004 and compare them to the ones I did recently I see such a difference!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-22-08 03:45 AM

I have been scrapping for a little over a year. I started when my daughter was born. I still dont have a particular style, but whatever it is, it has def changed since I first started.

GinaAlyshia
Pro
GinaAlyshia
In response to Arianas Mommy

7 years...and yes my style has changed dramatically....but so have the products that theyve come out with.

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv

about 18 months..
style seems to be pretty much the same..simplish but more recent pages look better

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 05-22-08 09:42 AM
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

I have been at this for 11 years and BOY has my style changed...I to started with a CM party...here is the VERY first LO I did and one of my latest ones...What a difference LOL.

THE very first LO
By Ande

The Girls
By Ande

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Ande

ive been scrapping for about..8 years now. i started when i found a LSS in my town that my previous girl scout leader owned. worked there a bit. then went to a CM party and got more into it.

i had a traumatic thing happen about 5 years ago and quit scrapping for a few years..then my scrapping buddies got me back into it and into..stamping! the rest is history!

scrapbooknut
Idol
scrapbooknut
In response to Judy_Scraps

i started in high school over twenty years ago now then in1994 started again quit and started again seriously and pasionately in 1998
and yes my style has definately changed

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to Huskymom

i used to scrap when i was in highschool... i used a regular photo album, construction paper, stickers, and decorative scissors! then i didn't do anything until just a little over a month ago when i started on my wedding album. i discovered this website, and my style has changed a good bit since i've seen the way everyone does their pages! if you check out my gallery, you can see a change! lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics