Username Post: CANCEL "I Need a Date"        (Topic#1471793)
SEE YA
SEE YA 
Resident
SEE YA

CANCEL "I Need a Date"
Sorry for the chaos...just didn't want to go to a scrapbooking event alone...not that I don't like my own company or am fearful of doing things alone - I just wanted to share the experience with someone - have some laughs and scrap!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to SEE YA

Hope you have fun at the crop.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to SEE YA

what chaos did you create?

nado
nado 
Diva
nado
  • nado on 07-18-08 04:55 AM
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

I'm sure you'll have fun! Hope you post any cool stuff you make or buy!

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
what chaos did you create?

Exactly! I ask all the time about finding someone to go to a crop with.

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to nado

I can only imagine..a male model requests a date on scrapbook.com. Your pm box runneth over, I'm sure.

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to scrappinmylife

If you all read the thread he posted that said "Need a date" then all the drama is in there...

And Rob, quite frankly, at this moment, I would totally fly to Florida to go to a crop...with someone... other than myself...

SEE YA
SEE YA 
Resident
SEE YA
In response to Her Royal Awesomeness

Thanks Christi !!

SEE YA
SEE YA 
Resident
SEE YA
In response to nado

Debra - the problem is that I buy waaaaaaaaaaay to much stuff!!!!!!! CHA CHING!!!

pajamarama
Diva
pajamarama
In response to SEE YA

rob, hope you have a blast in FL either alone or w/ someone you found to go w/ you here. Hope you get a lot of pages done!!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to pajamarama

I also hope you have a lot of fun Rob! I still don't understand why so many gave you a hard time when women are always asking about others going to crops etc on here...I hope it doesn't ruin your experience with scrapbook.com!!!

Again have fun and I hope you get a lot done!

SEE YA
SEE YA 
Resident
SEE YA
In response to tricia07

Thanks Tricia - you are a sweeetheart!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
I also hope you have a lot of fun Rob! I still don't understand why so many gave you a hard time when women are always asking about others going to crops etc on here...I hope it doesn't ruin your experience with scrapbook.com!!!

I second Tricia on this one...have lots of fun and I can't wait to see what you create!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Scrapnut16

Nothing wrong with that! Why are you sorry?

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to Richelle

I read the previous thread...and I see what you mean about all the drama. Serioulsy?!?!?!? That was just plain silly. Rob I hope that you have a great time at your crop and I'm sure that you'll meet lots of wonderful people that will chat and share ideas with you. It's a great way to meet people on your area with similar intrests!

fablady
Queen
fablady
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • tricia07 Said:

I second Tricia on this one...have lots of fun and I can't wait to see what you create!

Ditto,I hope u have lots of fun and let us know all the stuff u buy or anything new out there!

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to fablady

Just an FYI - any time you need something removed or deleted, just send a PM to Megan and she'll hook you up super fast. Her broom has special powers.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to * Julie *

Hopefully you will meet some nice people while you are there. I have gone to crops before by myself & ended up making some good friends! Have fun!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to scrapalooza

Hey, have fun at the crop!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to scrapalooza

I really hope you make some good friends at the crop, and that you have a wonderful time.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to SEE YA

• Rob Florida Said:
Debra - the problem is that I buy waaaaaaaaaaay to much stuff!!!!!!! CHA CHING!!!

Most of us are guilty of this.

I hope someone from here is able to go with you. I've found some people who are going to a scrapbook convention here in Chattanooga in September, and knowing I'm meeting people I've only communicated with in the cyber world previously is exciting. Especially when I find some of their lay outs in my fav folder.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Rosita

Don't be sorry...I'm sure your intentions were good and some may have "misunderstood". We're all adults here...lighten up!
Just go have fun and buys LOTS of stuff!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
I still don't understand why so many gave you a hard time when women are always asking about others going to crops etc on here...I hope it doesn't ruin your experience with scrapbook.com!!

I read the other thread and no one gave him a hard time. One person questioned his wording. Others jumped on that person. I'm not here to continue the drama in this thread but it really was pretty silly. I felt like I took a wrong turn to the veggie site. (although they're far more vicious on a regular basis).

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to Judy_Scraps

• judyQ Said:
  • tricia07 Said:
I still don't understand why so many gave you a hard time when women are always asking about others going to crops etc on here...I hope it doesn't ruin your experience with scrapbook.com!!

I read the other thread and no one gave him a hard time. One person questioned his wording. Others jumped on that person. I'm not here to continue the drama in this thread but it really was pretty silly. I felt like I took a wrong turn to the veggie site. (although they're far more vicious on a regular basis).

It was only one person but then it seemed that other's joined in. Not sure...

It's very silly for sure. I honestly believe he had the best of intentions and was just trying to find scrapbuddies which is why I couldn't believe he was receiving all the drama over his title. It was enough to cause him to "cancel" it!

I just hope it doesn't stop him from posting similar threads in the future We need more men around here who scrap!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Heather J. Landry

Rob...hope you have lots of fun at the crop...and buying lots of stuff....and creating lots of pages. Post some of your work when you come back we'd love to see your pages!

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to Scrapkaty

Rob, I agree with Donna, you have nothing to aplogize for. You meant well.

I hope you have a great time at the crop and I'm sure you'll meet plenty of nice people.

Mel

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to MrsSugarBear

Rob, I hope you have a great time at the crop! And, I hope that the previous drama doesn't scare you away from the boards. As you can see, I think I lot of us enjoy having you around!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to scrappyJedi

yeah Rob we don't wanna lose you.....WE LIKE having you here!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun at the crop and as you sit there scrapping imagine that all of sb.com is sitting right beside ya!!!

sibboo
sibboo 
Idol
sibboo
In response to gg loves Matthew

Have a great time at the crop!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to sibboo

I'd totally love to go to something like that. We had The Great American Scrapbook Convention here a couple years back and I missed it and it hasn't been back since:(

Have a nice time. I SO wish I could go.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to sibboo

Have a wonderful time at the crop, Rob. You are going to meet so many people there, and who knows, you might be able to start up your own scrapping group!

Seriously, that is how I met most of the ladies that are in my scrapping group. We all attended a crop and most of us didn't know anyone there, so we started chatting and before I knew it, I had volunteered to host our first monthly crop!

colleenak
Diva
colleenak

Just go and have a wonderful time. I'm sure that you will meet others there that would love to chat with you. This just isn't a craft for women. You might want to keep your shirt buttoned however Have a wonderful time and it was OK to ask.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to colleenak

Have fun at the crop, Rob! I'm sure you'll make new friends there and when you go again, you'll already know everyone!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to CraftyCandace

Have a good time at the crop! I hope you make some new friends. I also hope you come back and post a pic of any goodies you bought so we can see and drool over any goodies you find.

Edited by siameseplease on 07-18-08 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to siameseplease

Guy...gal...it doesn't matter....I think it's more fun with a friend.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to SEE YA

• Rob Florida Said:

Yep...that sounds like most of us.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick message to say that 1. I respect much of how you have handled a lot of the thread stuff the last day or so.
2. If you ever find something objectable that you feel should possibly be deleted (or even if you want your own thread deleted). There is an orange exclamation mark right below each post. You can click on the objectionable post and then it asks for a description of why you are reporting it. Those reported posts go to Megan and she can decide if it needs to be removed.

(we have odd theories about who or what megan is as well cause she won't show photos..... so just for *giggles*... what if Rob IS really megan in disguise? )

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • Rob Florida Said:

Yep...that sounds like most of us.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick message to say that 1. I respect much of how you have handled a lot of the thread stuff the last day or so.
2. If you ever find something objectable that you feel should possibly be deleted (or even if you want your own thread deleted). There is an orange exclamation mark right below each post. You can click on the objectionable post and then it asks for a description of why you are reporting it. Those reported posts go to Megan and she can decide if it needs to be removed.

(we have odd theories about who or what megan is as well cause she won't show photos..... so just for *giggles*... what if Rob IS really megan in disguise? )

That's the best laugh I've had in awhile. I needed that...thanks!

TNscrappinmomma
Idol
TNscrappinmomma
In response to shopgirlaudi

I hope you have a blast Rob and scrap your heart out!! I agree with the others, we like havin' ya around!

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx

hahaha so your looking for an accountability partner!! lol i hear you! I bring a friend with me when i even go shopping, i need a sound voice of nooo you dont need that or save your money for next time lol

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to SEE YA

• Rob Florida Said:

Amen brother!!!! LOL just wait until your local scrapbook store s get all the new CHA stuff in. Yikes! I get giddy just thinking about it! lol

Snix
Snix 
Mayor
Snix
  • Snix on 07-19-08 06:51 AM
In response to scrappychicdesigns

Have a great time, and don't forget to show us your fun pages!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

A> WHAT Megan is??!?!?!?!

B> No, but that's an amusing theory.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to Megan - ForumTech

LOL!!!

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to WeeFaerie

Oh man... these 2 threads have been cracking me up the last 2 days... Rob, if you still come back after all of this, you are one awesome dude!

SEE YA
SEE YA 
Resident
SEE YA
In response to Her Royal Awesomeness

All is good in the world!! Someone here on the boards has agrred to accompany me to the scrapbooking event!!

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to SEE YA

congratulations! lol

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 07-20-08 04:34 PM
In response to SEE YA

Enjoy & buy, buy, buy:)See ya when you get back.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Bev1

riorabbit and megan

huntersmom
Guru
huntersmom
In response to Prettylolo

I'm glad you found somebody to go with. I like scrapping with friends also. I hope you have a good time.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to huntersmom

So who did you go with? Just curious.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

What brought this name change on?

Edited by DawnInAZ on 07-27-08 09:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics