Username Post: Taking pictures of your LO help!!!        (Topic#1495617)
Graneet
Resident
Graneet

Okay i posted on beginners but thought maybe i need to ask all of you pros. I looked at the sight but either missed or couldn't find anything on this subject.

Taking a good picture of your L.O. for this sight. I have only done two pages so far. I took the picture in different rooms and different lighting. But seems when it comes up it doesn't look the same as the real deal. Colors seemed blurry. To light in some areas to dark in others.
I took mine on a black background but notice many are on white. Could any of you pros help me how you seem to get a true picture of your L.O. here.
Thank you Terry

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Graneet

I always lean mine up against the back of my scrapbook counter. Make sure the flash is one and let the camera automatically focus. I have never had a problem once I found the right angle to take a picture at! Good Luck!!!

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee
In response to m.perk

It works better if you take a pic of your layout outside. Lay it on a flat surface and position your camera directly over the top of it. Then you can crop it in your editing software.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Karen-Lee

I never could get good pictures of my 12x12 layouts. Never liked the results. I made a blog that has a link to free software that will stitch together your 12x12 layouts along with helps:
Scanning 12x12 layouts
Or you can make your own Light Tent/box. Just do a web search for something like "build your own photography light box" This way you don't have for wait for the right weather/day light conditions. The easiest ones to make are the large cardboard box with sides cut out or the PVC frame one with the white cloth over it like Marlene made here:

Photo light box
By Scrap4brains

Right now I'm visiting my sister and am without a scanner so I'm taking pix.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-12-09 02:54 PM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I just put my by a window stand straight above and take the picture. No flash, then I crop is in my photo editor.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to KimKV

I lay mine on the floor in a room with lots of natural light, turn off the flash and stand directly over it. Then I crop and tweak in Picasa. Fast, cheap and gets the job done.

Graneet
Resident
Graneet
In response to chattycat

Thank you guys i like the light with pvc. I knew i was doing something wrong. I'm new to all of this but the colors looked much better in person then on here. Thanks again. Love your dog it looks like mine. Only mines 14 years old and as grey as i am LOL. Terry

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Graneet

I put mine in front of the patio door (when the sun is shining) and turn off the flash, stand directly above and edit with my CM software. Otherwise, with no sun I lay it on my scrap table, flash off, etc. Hope you get it to work..

cubsandjoe
Resident
cubsandjoe
In response to momma paparazzi

I always take mine by a window with natural light. Don't use a flash. Then I crop and edit before posting. Hope that helps

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics