Username Post: Do NOT go to Michael's if you are...        (Topic#1510319)
shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

easily enabled;) LOL...I was just there this evening and found all sorts of new paper pads. I got two new Amy Butler. I think there was a 3rd as well, but I didn't get that one.

There are like 4 new MME pads; those big 180 sheets ones; a boy, girl, fall and school themed.

Some DCWV ones I have not seen before. I THINK one was called Sherbet. Could be wrong.

Also a KI pad, some other pads whose brand names I can not recall. Some K&Co.

There was still quite a bit of empty space so there has got to be more coming in...Not good, not good:(

I was at a different store this past week and they had lots of new acrylic stamp sets. I've only bought 2 so far with coupons, but there were definately other sets I really liked.

M's is going to send me to the poor house;)

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to shopgirlaudi

Yep, I agree. They are redoing the scrappy section at my Mike's. I saw lots of new Tim Holtz/Ranger stuff. LOTS of new clear stamps.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to JayAndXansMom

I was in the Michaels in Dublin Cal and lots of the shelves and displays were empty. I asked what was going on and the lady said their store is a model for a new way of arranging the scrap stuff..it is all going to be done by theme. Also they are getting new stuff...she hopes it is done by next week....can't wait to see it...don't need anything but you know how that goes.
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and kept saying "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

Edited by dollscrap on 07-19-09 06:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

IzzyBscrappin
Veteran
IzzyBscrappin
In response to dollscrap

i feel the same way! i try and stay away but it is soooo hard!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to IzzyBscrappin

LOL @ the cranky comment. That is SO true; we are never cranky:) I'm just giddy with anticipation of what it's going to look like when they are done and all the new goodies they'll be getting in:)

Ours had a whole two aisles that were getting set up by theme; baby, wedding, travel, etc.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

After blowing all but 5.00 of my allowance on sale stuff that I just had to have, it occurred to me.....

I could save a ton of money if I could send hubby in with a list.

*runs to check tonight's lottery numbers*

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Scatter

Oh the thought of sending DH to Mike's is just SCARY! That WOULD NOT be good!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
I was in the Michaels in Dublin Cal and lots of the shelves and displays were empty. I asked what was going on and the lady said their store is a model for a new way of arranging the scrap stuff..it is all going to be done by theme. Also they are getting new stuff...she hopes it is done by next week....can't wait to see it...don't need anything but you know how that goes.
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

The Stockton M's is like this. They put it in over a year ago. It's really nice and fun and EASY to find stuff! Apparently it was one of 2 at the time that they were testing out. The other was in Texas.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

LOL...my dh is SO good about scrap shopping for me. He's the best:) I've sent him on more than one occasion, but I really prefer going myself. That's the fun part:)

bellasmommy1
Idol
bellasmommy1

The michaels by my house has a lot of discount scrapbooking stuff right now and I spent to much money stocking up on just about everything lol. I couldn't help myself.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to bellasmommy1

yeah big clearance at michaels storewide it seems.

I had money from the office to get a few things for our scrapbooks (yes I get paid to scrap and get to spend their money!). Anyway, I found a nursery rhyme pad of paper (we do internatioal adoption) and it said it was on clearance from 19.99 to 9.97. I figured...well that's about a penny a page and we are running low so okay....it rang up as 4.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Mercy4Free

Wow!!! Awesome deal on the Prima Nursery pad. I got a lot of the embellies for only 97 cents; some large white flowers, smaller rosettes, some glittery flowers and rubons:)

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

I just got the 2 new alcohol ink sets that M's is carrying. Oh, dear. Guess I will be forced to alter something to justify them. Although, I did get them with a 50% off coupon. So maybe, I can just admire the addition to my collection for a bit. M's don't ya just hate to love the store.

katie777
Diva
katie777
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
  • dollscrap Said:
I was delighted but there was a cranky lady complaining about how she couldn't find anything and "this is disgusting"..I thought what the H. E. double L. are you doing in the scrap section anyway..you can't be a scrapper...we're NEVER cranky!!!!

The Stockton M's is like this. They put it in over a year ago. It's really nice and fun and EASY to find stuff! Apparently it was one of 2 at the time that they were testing out. The other was in Texas.

I love going to Stockton M's! I get up there at least once a month. I wish they would do something with the Modesto store!!!

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to katie777

I fell victim to the new paper this morning. I went in armed with a 50% off coupon and the mindset of "i only need a self healing cutting mat..only a self healing cutting mat." But then I saw the new paper. I picked up one by K&Company, one I don't remember and a small pack of blue themed papers by Me & My Big Ideas. I also picked up some clearance primas and 3 sets of $1 alphas. And two sets of bazzill matstacks that were on sale. And I have an $86 order coming from the superstore..AND i joined a monthly kit club. This hobby is a sickness..lol. I think sometimes I enjoy shopping for supplies more than actually using them.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:

You make me smile!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to scrappycath

I love what Michaels has done with their scrap area. Ours now has a TON of great stuff from most of the major brands. It went in a month or so after the hugely popular LSS around here closed (not because they were failing- owner just wanted more free time). I don't know if that was coincidence, but it filled a scrappy gap very well.

Cindy

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-19-09 02:33 PM
In response to afdani1984

• afdani1984 Said:
I fell victim to the new paper this morning. I went in armed with a 50% off coupon and the mindset of "i only need a self healing cutting mat..only a self healing cutting mat." But then I saw the new paper. I picked up one by K&Company, one I don't remember and a small pack of blue themed papers by Me & My Big Ideas. I also picked up some clearance primas and 3 sets of $1 alphas. And two sets of bazzill matstacks that were on sale. And I have an $86 order coming from the superstore..AND i joined a monthly kit club. This hobby is a sickness..lol. I think sometimes I enjoy shopping for supplies more than actually using them.

IS this hobby a sickness? Sometimes I wonder! lol I swear, the amount of money I spend buying stuff sometimes is really scary! Well, scary for me as I'm sure there are people who spend ALOT more. At times I think of all the OTHER things I could do with all the money I spend on scrapbook supplies....but then I just buy more paper! lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Lal

I rarely go into someplace and buy things I had in mind beforehand. I buy things that I like and that seem like a bargain.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-19-09 03:17 PM
In response to johnsusan8

Oops, and I forgot to say that I went to M's and HAD to buy some of the new paper they had! Got one of those AC packs and a K&Co one called Lemon Drop..LOVE some of the K&Co as of lately!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Lal

DH and I were in the M's in Modesto last week and I did notice that one side of one of the aisles was empty....could that be the beginning???? I sure do hope so, or else I'll have to go check out the one in Dublin with my sister next month!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Scrapkaty

Katy- skip dublin- hit up stockton. Their M's is VERY nice. AND there's a J's super store. PM me if you need directions to either- my car knows the way there without me behind the wheel!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

• shopgirlaudi Said:
easily enabled;) LOL...I was just there this evening and found all sorts of new paper pads. I got two new Amy Butler. I think there was a 3rd as well, but I didn't get that one.

There are like 4 new MME pads; those big 180 sheets ones; a boy, girl, fall and school themed.

Some DCWV ones I have not seen before. I THINK one was called Sherbet. Could be wrong.

Also a KI pad, some other pads whose brand names I can not recall. Some K&Co.

There was still quite a bit of empty space so there has got to be more coming in...Not good, not good:(

I was at a different store this past week and they had lots of new acrylic stamp sets. I've only bought 2 so far with coupons, but there were definately other sets I really liked.

M's is going to send me to the poor house;)

I agree shopgirlaudi!!!! I bought some paper from them on Saturday after work!!!! I was like OMG!!!! I just had to have it! They had other good paper pad packs but I was on a tight budget and I have to save for CKC at Valley Forge!!! lol

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to Thaiti30

I was in one of the local Ms on Friday and stopped by the clearnance aisle where the stock lady was putting Sizzix alphabet dies on sale for $9.97 each! Originally priced at $69.99! Well, I just had to fill my shopping cart up!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Unique scrapper

• Unique scrapper Said:
I was in one of the local Ms on Friday and stopped by the clearnance aisle where the stock lady was putting Sizzix alphabet dies on sale for $9.97 each! Originally priced at $69.99! Well, I just had to fill my shopping cart up!

That is a great deal!!!! Wow! Congrats!!!!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Unique scrapper

• Unique scrapper Said:

Mine had the regularly $150 down to $10. I bought all the ones I didn't have. Someone was kind enough to post that hers had them for the steal so I hit up mine and sure enough. I had to call a few friends and share the wealth (enable) a bit.

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom

whay are you enabling,us?!?!?LOL I swear.... I'm not going to buy anymore paper! I do plan on going to m's tomorrow,but I'm only buying some MS glitter. I shall not look at the paper,I shall not look at the paper...hahahahaha!!!

Edited by scrappedupmom on 07-19-09 09:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky113351
Tenant
Becky113351
In response to Lal

Tell me about it, I got off work way early because they didn’t need me that day and so I stopped at Michel’s on my way home just for something to do it was right there. . . And I spent $40. I Know that’s not a lot to you guys who spend hundreds but really I’m 16 and get paid very, very poorly that’s a lot of money to me.

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to Lal

i went today during my lunch break. i had a gift card from my bday that was burning a hole in my pocket! lol! with a 40% off coupon and only a bit of cash from my purse, i got this for myself. now this is a great bday present!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Scrappy Nan

Awesome choice Nan.....I have one and love it!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Patti Sylvia

I got the carousel for Christmas and LOVE it:)

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-21-09 08:26 PM
In response to scrappedupmom

• scrappedupmom Said:
whay are you enabling,us?!?!?LOL I swear.... I'm not going to buy anymore paper! I do plan on going to m's tomorrow,but I'm only buying some MS glitter. I shall not look at the paper,I shall not look at the paper...hahahahaha!!!

Go ahead and look...looking doesn't hurt...okay, you can touch it too...no, don't pick it up!! lol

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to Lal

yeah,once you touch the paper...you buy...the paper!lol

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

Or smell it...the smell always gets me...Aaahhh!!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

• scrappedupmom Said:
yeah,once you touch the paper...you buy...the paper!lol

Oh..and speaking of touch, the Amy Butler pad is textured. Ooo...;)

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

I just went by my local Mike's and EVERYTHING K &C0 is GONE! I asked about it and the manager said they are sending it all back for a refund, interesting.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to carbphrek

I noticed that last week when they were restocking too! While I saw many new products like Thickers and other embellies and new papers and tons of new acrylic stamps in boxes waiting to be put on the shelves, I notice all the K&Co stuff were gone!

I wonder if Js is doing the same thing? There are some new K&Co embellies that I like.. maybe it's better for me this way.. I can save...

But I'm very tempted to look at the 'new' Ms with the many rows of sb supplies. I might go today..

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
I just went by my local Mike's and EVERYTHING K &C0 is GONE! I asked about it and the manager said they are sending it all back for a refund, interesting.

Hmmm...gotta keep a close eye on mine now. There is new K&Co. stuff. I've seen it. Well paper pads at least. Not sure about whole lines like there used to be. Gotta wait and see when they are all done with the new set up to see what's going to become of that section where all the K&Co. lines used to be.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

went to my M's today. It SUCKED. I was sorely disappointed. They didn't have ANYTHING! I even dragged a buddy along and she was disappointed after I had told her all the goodness that was to be found. Bummer huh?

I did however, notice new Tim stuff. SUPER excited about that. They had 3 packs of distress stickles for $3.99 each but I haven't heard good stuff about the distress ones so I skipped it.

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom

my m's has new k&co embellies and paper pads...and all the new paper and a bunch of new embellies. I managed to only buy one thing an ek success postage stamp punch,but when i got home I was disappointed at how small it punches the shape out. I'll be returning it tomorrow.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

I went to mine yesterday and they are done with reshelving the new stock... the K&Co embellies are still there.. but they are now in the 'themed' sections.

The paper pads are in the paper sections.

Missed the 9.97 Sizzix alpha sale though.. they are all gone.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to jellyziva

LOL, looks like I'll be hitting up M's after work...

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to byondbzr

You all enabled me to stop there on the way home from my LSS.

I got the pet stack, which was in the clearance section, and not sure if it really was on clearance, though it rang up 9.99...the guy used my 40% coupon on that...so it came up to 6 bucks! I also got some MM Black Tie stuff for cheap (I'm excited to start scrapping wedding photos!). I'm going to try masks, since I found some amongst the new Tim stuff they have...they were regular price (my intended coupon use), but since the cashier took it off the paper pad, I saved more than what the masks cost, so that was awesome.

And I just hit the LSS yesterday too...and I just got my shipment of stickles and paper from an online store on Saturday!

I'm on a spending roll and I need to quit!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to angie girl

Angie, if you figure out how to quit, please share the instructions!

Lisa

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to lstory

I went... Picked up the MME "Completely Boy" stack. It so totally ROCKS!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to byondbzr

I'm debating getting the boy stack too....I wasn't too crazy about the patterns in the girl one. Has anyone seen that one???

nallian
Expert
nallian

I went! Thanks for the infor. Prima pad for $5 dollars!!! Great clearance sale.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to nallian

Wow!!! That's an awesome deal!!! You are the second person who has mentioned that pad for that price, but ours never went that low. It's actually still regular price.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS

Went to our Michales today, not much on sale.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

I went to another mike's on the other side of town & same nothing. Must have the same manager or something. All the clearance stuff is gone, K &co is gone, sizzix is almost gone. A few new acrylic stamps but nothing i'm looking for or want.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 07-24-09 03:07 PM
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
I went... Picked up the MME "Completely Boy" stack. It so totally ROCKS!!

Doesn't it? Love mine!

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to Lal

mine still has a bunch of prima stuff,and they marked alot of the clearance stuff down again. I managed to walk out of the store only spending $5 and I had lot's of stuff!

croppincrystie
Guru
croppincrystie

iwent and tons of items were clearanced 50% at least i spent 8.00 and got 4 embellies and ribbon and tape ribbon and some flowers...i was soo happy!!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to carbphrek

Went to local one last night and they had some pennies on the dollar deals...esp martha stewart stuff. Got paper for .98 that was originally 10.99. and cardboard chip letters for .98 and even one pack of them was .28 as it was marked wrong!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

• scrappedupmom Said:
mine still has a bunch of prima stuff,and they marked alot of the clearance stuff down again. I managed to walk out of the store only spending $5 and I had lot's of stuff!

Oh, my!!! Do share some pics. I LOVE to see other people's great buys;)

Ours are pretty picked over at this point. Not really anything good left and not all that great prices either.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Mercy4Free

• Mercy4Free Said:
Went to local one last night and they had some pennies on the dollar deals...esp martha stewart stuff. Got paper for .98 that was originally 10.99. and cardboard chip letters for .98 and even one pack of them was .28 as it was marked wrong!

OMG!!! Was this some special kind of sale??? Sounds awesome!!!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

Wow sounds like your Ms has a lot more stuff tnan mine! We had hardly anything on clearance, and I have been going often to check

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics