Username Post: Scrapbooking Resolutions?        (Topic#1521921)
scrapsbygracie
Expert
scrapsbygracie

I know it isn't even Christmas yet, but I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, after looking at a bunch of different challenges.

What is your scrapbooking/crafting resolution(s) for the new year?

I think mine will be to not purchase anything (other than adhesive) until I have 100 layouts done. I figure that at the slowest that's less than two pages per week/nine per month.

So what's yours????

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrapsbygracie

My resolution is to complete 5 albums (2008 family album, Showcase 2010 album, 2009 family album, Disney vacation 2008 album and my ren faire album volume 1) and to get current in three albums (ren faire volume 2, 2010 family album and my Creative Memories career album).

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread

I have been so busy the last couple of years, and I (or my dh) buys so much scrap stuff, that last year I decided in order to justify my accumulation, I needed to create more los. My lofty goal was one per week. For quite a while I attained my goal. Then my parents came to visit for 5 weeks and there went my scrapping time. Also my Cricut E broke in Sept, so I am using that as an excuse. I have tried to catch up, so far, I am only on lo #34 of 52.
So, this year, I am starting over on New Years Day and trying again.
Goals:
52 los in 52 weeks.
Cards for birthdays for my extended family and church family
Art projects for gifts as needed.cri
Products Referenced in This Post:

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 12-02-09 07:32 AM
In response to scrapnread

find my mojo back.........I don't like anything I have done lately When the mojo is there I can kick them out but lately.....nothing.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to j3Mel

My scrap resolution would be to finish my 2007 album, scrap my wedding for myself (I've made 3 wedding albums of my own wedding for family members, but none for me!), finish my 2009 album, and FINALLY scrap the 2008 Disney vacation for which I bought a scrapbook IN Disney and still haven't done. LOL

Melanie, I'm with you on that! I also need my mojo back. I've felt so not creative lately and I don't know why.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• scrapsbygracie Said:
I think mine will be to not purchase anything (other than adhesive) until I have 100 layouts done. I figure that at the slowest that's less than two pages per week/nine per month.

I think that's a great resolution & or a very do-able one!

Best Of Luck!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Once again. My goal is to get ultra-organized.

I moved this summer, set up my space, but somehow got stuck after almost being 85% of the way done!

Basically, due to continual monthly Challenges & actively scrapping, I feel I've left an organized mess.

Basically, I just need a good week to get it how I ultimately want it!

(Hopefully, I'll kick it out this month, so I can make new & better resolutions for the coming month!)

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

hey! those are good resolutions! I am going not buy (other than adhesive) unless it is absolutely necessary!I want to have one night a week for crafting/scrapbooking. I also would like to have all my pics organized so I can pick up a group to scrap.

Last year I made the decision to print my photos within a decent timeframe of taking the shots. No more print a year at a time deals for me. .... I have stuck to that but I leave the pictures in the packets!!!!!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to wilbur

I have *got* to quit shopping so impulsively. I'm slightly nauseous at the amount of money I spent on scrappy stuff this year. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just don't need all this stuff. The problem of paper storage is beginning to freak me out.

Lisa

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to lstory

I hear that & feel ya Lisa!

That's what happened to me!

(Hence the resolution! LOL!)

p.s. I have all my pattened paper everywhere (40% of it anyway!). It's a major source of mess & I really need to get an organized hold & inventory going. JMHO, but I literally believe that I have no need to buy another single piece of paper!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to KellyCali

I have two six-box Iris carts filled to the brim with paper, plus two extra boxes for Christmas and Halloween. Then, there's the overflow area.

My general organizing principle is by manufacturer. I have a couple K&Co boxes, a CC box, a couple DCWV boxes, etc., etc. I have one box for loose sheets of paper. That's full, though, and there's all that Scenic Route paper I bought a couple months ago, and lately I've developed an interest in MME. And my collection of OA is getting a little large....

Lisa

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to KellyCali

Everyone has very good resolutions. I want to create an album for myself! I am going to do an album of my life so far with my boyfriend, a Christmas Album, and a Book of Me. I will also probably be moving within the next 8 months, so I want to make an inventory of all my supplies and make sure I have the available funds and storage to keep organized.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
I have *got* to quit shopping so impulsively. I'm slightly nauseous at the amount of money I spent on scrappy stuff this year. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just don't need all this stuff. The problem of paper storage is beginning to freak me out.

Lisa

Ditto to that!
And I need to use more of the digi stuff I buy or not buy it!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to peenut_23

My resolution would be to do my DD's baby album and work on more than one project at a time. I think I stifle my mojo about half way through a project (I get bored with the same subject) and then it takes FOREVER to complete. So, I'm changing my mind set and will work on more than one project at a time to stop the boredom.

daney
daney 
Expert
daney
  • daney on 12-02-09 10:27 AM

I am going to do:

2008 album (family)
DD1 album 2 yrs worth (26 lo's)
DD2 album 2 yrs worth (26 lo's)
2009 album to September
then:
DD1 album 1 more yr (13 lo's)
DD2 album 1 more yr (13 lo's)

Europe picfolio album - embellish and journal (pics are in their spots)

That would get me only about 1 yr "behind" so I could relax and do some BOM lo's.

I also am going to start ordering pics more frequently in smaller batches - I seem to wait and print 6-9 months worth and it's like 400 photos at a time!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to daney

1. Catch up on the Grandkids' albums.

2. Keep up my organization system.

3. Make more of my own layouts and fewer page kits.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to johnsusan8

Mine will be to just find and upload pics of my pages. I also want to find the albums for my daughter's first albums, get roxy's album done and sent out to her by 2/15/10, and get an album for our wedding/family album.

Danasgoodies1
Pro
Danasgoodies1
In response to j3Mel

I am so glad to hear someone else say that ! For two months I have been in some funk where I couldn't create a decent page to save my soul, or I would just sit there and not be able to get anything done !

So here's to our mojo back !

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Danasgoodies1

My resolution: do what I want.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Manda_K

That's what got me in trouble, Manda!

Lisa

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

Oh Manda, you're such a rebel!

Tenant
In response to Smashley

Being unemployed has sparked my creativity, and that is exciting. (I am going so crazy without a job to go to every day!) I look at my supplies now and think about what I can do with them that is new and different. Time to push my boundaries.
Also, I am pulling out stuff I bought and squirrelled away without ever using, like shrinky dink, embossing powders, and a pergamano kit.
And finally, I am going to work on other NSBR crafts, like fabric painting, decoupage, etc. (More stashed supplies.)
Scrapbooking, crafting, and gardening are my personal forms of therapy. (And cheaper than docs and meds!)

ScrapbookMomKY
Tenant
ScrapbookMomKY
In response to lstory

My goals are to use up some of the paper I have on hand before I buy anything else, to do a layout a week, and to make our Christmas cards for next year.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to ScrapbookMomKY

My goal is to pick a goal. While I have be inspired by the many goals, I am afraid I can't stop purchasing and I can't do as many layouts as others do. I need a goal I can finish by February or I won't do it at all. My New Year's goal last year (not scrap related) was to be really nice to old people. I'm a mess.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to 950nancy

Oh, Nancy, that was a sweet goal, though, really!

What about just saying you'll do 10 pages before going shopping or something like that?

Lisa

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to lstory

I tend to overpurchase for most layouts. Maybe I could preplan my pages before I actually do them.
I sometimes feel like a stalker when I am around elderly folk. Most of them are very appreciative when I offer any help, but once in awhile I get crusty eye. My boys think it is hysterical that I picked that goal.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to 950nancy

At least you shop with a purpose. I just shop for the he** of it. I never shop with a layout in mind. I shop for supplies, then when I want to do a page I go shopping among my stuff.

Lisa

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to lstory

My resolution is to try and do at least 2-3 LO's a month. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I work full time and have 3 kids (youngest is only 7 months old) so spare time is a rare luxury for me. But like so many of you, I've bought all these fabulous embellishments and now need to make the time to create great LO's with them.

I also love participating in the challenges so I would just love to try hosting one soon......just have to think of a great challenge idea???

An yes, I also need to slow down on the impulse online shopping. I'm addicted to shopping for goodies from the US which we simply don't get here in SA.........

scrapsbygracie
Expert
scrapsbygracie
In response to WendyG-SA

Any more?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to lstory

I had not thought about scrappy resolutions, yet! Thanks for getting me thinking!

MasikaPrentiss
Tenant
MasikaPrentiss
In response to lstory

Now that I'm finally organized I have a ton of things to do, most of the time I'm creating gifts for family. I love doing that, but I also have many travel albums I want to do. Our trips to Greece, Turkey, and Israel; a reunion with friends in Texas. I just finished our Alaska cruise in time to give it as a gift to my partner. Then I have all our cats, and camping trip photo's, and the lists goes on.

Croppin Coco
Resident
Croppin Coco
In response to lstory

my resolution is to stop shopping and start scrapping

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Croppin Coco

My other resolution would be to look at this thread as often as possible and remind myself that I made a resolution!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 12-04-09 04:01 PM
In response to Smashley

My scrapbooking resolutions are the same as every year: Scrap the previous year by the end of summer and use the last part of the year to make a dent in my heritage pages.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Judes

• Judes Said:
My scrapbooking resolutions are the same as every year: Scrap the previous year by the end of summer and use the last part of the year to make a dent in my heritage pages.

Now that is a true goal!! I might have to copy it!

andtyler
Guru
andtyler
In response to wilbur

My resolution is to no longer be the Queen of the Unfinished Project... I am going to finish all those started class projects that need to be completed. Won't take another class until the old projects are completed

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to andtyler

2010 Resolutions:

1)Start DD's Baby Book
2)Keep up on making and mailing LO's for Albums given at Christmas to out of town family
3)Start DH on making his Scouts album from his childhood
4)Practice my skills from my photography class
5)Actually scrapbook more often!

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to lstory

i am such a slow scrapper and it takes me forever to do a LO. My goal is to do at least 1 LO a week.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Chefs Wifey

Journal the last three pages in our Italy 2004 trip (why is it so hard to go back and 'do' things??). Start the birth-18 books for each of my kids.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Sunnydi

My goals are to:

1) Finally finish reorganizing my scrap space. I recently moved it and started reorganizing and got it almost done then stopped. Why do I always do that?

2) Actually scrap more. That means stop lurking scrapping websites and reading scrapping magazines and actually DO scrapping!

3) Set aside a specific time each week to scrap. Maybe Sunday afternoons or something. I always say I'll scrap when I finish cleaning house and doing chores, but it seems like I never get them finished (there's ALWAYS something else to do). If I set aside a specific time and let family know when that is, I will feel less guilty and might actually get some scrapping done. Did you know that Mark Twain was a big scrapbooker? (He even designed his own set of scrapbooks and sold them in a mail order catalog!) He set aside Sundays to work on his, and I'm thinking of following his lead!

I would set a goal of # of lo's done before buying something else, but I know I wouldn't last long on that one. I pick up some little something every week, even if it's just a ribbon remnant from the clearance bin at Walmart! LOL!

natmatt
Resident
natmatt
In response to Smashley

Yeah, stop buying SALE items and start using what I have.

Still haven't managed to stick to that.

Maybe 2010 will be the year for me, lol.

terri

bj9268 
Resident
In response to natmatt

My resolution would be to start scrappin again. I was doing great and keeping up on my goal of completing 52 pages for the end of 2009 until May when my brother passed away. I lost my mojo and haven't completed a layout since. I've tried and started a few but never finished. I decided to clean and organize my scrap room thinking that would spark my mojo. I sat down saturday to try and create a Christmas card but only sat at my desk staring at my papers and walking away without creating a thing. I don't know how to get my mojo back.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to bj9268

I'm very sorry about your loss, bj. My mother and mother-in-law passed away this year and Christmas will be sad without them. I hope your mojo returns soon!

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to johnsusan8

To start and finish my and my husband's Navy scrapbooks.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

Sorry for your loss, BJ. What about plain old copying a page or card you admire? If you scraplift something you'll have the cut-and-paste activity without having to think too much beyond what papers/embellies to use. Maybe once your hands go through the motions it will spark your mind to feel creative again.

Lisa

bj9268 
Resident
In response to lstory

Johnsusan8 I'm also very sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine losing two family members.

Susan I appreciate your suggestion. I actually tried to copy a sketch but just couldn't get my mind to coordinate papers and embellies. I'm actually thinking I might just buy a card kit with everything included so I don't have to coordinate papers and embellies. I really appreciate your suggestion.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 12-09-09 01:34 AM
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
  • Judes Said:

Now that is a true goal!! I might have to copy it!

Thanks. I still get a little nervous thinking about what I want to get done every year, but, it's been working for many years now. I like being caught up on one end at least.

ocfly14
Veteran
ocfly14
In response to Judes

Since I don't think I will ever get caught up on my scrapbooking, although I have been doing a lot better lately, my goal is photography oriented. I want to take 5 pictures everyday. I've had friends who have done this in the past, and sometimes the most random picture makes for a really interesting LO.

Tenant
In response to Croppin Coco

Me 2
Donna

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Blessed 2 Scrapbook

My goal is a continuation of what I've been trying to do lately - to be LESS goal oriented! I will always have a mental list of things I'd like to scrap, but I'm sending a lot more photos to regular photo albums these days, & feeling okay about it. There's just not enough time to scrap it ALL! The last few years have really taught me that even though I've always known that theoretically.

And I want to continue to be more decisive when scrapping... Perhaps explore a FEW options (but not almost ALL options) before making a creative selection. Again, there's not enough time for all my overthinking! Mind you, I LOVE the process so if I'm having fun weighing scrap-decisions, I'll run w/ it, do it for hours if I wanna! But for me, there's a point where scrap-decisions cross over a line from "all-encompassing passionate obsession" to "moot overthinking bordering on unhealthiness" - & I'd like to make that cross over as little as possible, ha!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to lstory

My resolution for 2010 is to finish all my photos from 06 and 07. If I can do that, I'm doing well.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to raindancer

My new years resolution is to not buy anything at all scrappy related, except for adhesive, photo paper and ink. I am placing my last order for scrappy stuff sometime during the 12 days sale here and then I am done! (My purchase from the 12 days sale will include things needed for the Biltmore album mentioned below).

For 2010 I am planning to finish our beach album, our wedding album, and Biltmore Album and then get my bonus sons albums caught up through 2009.

My other resolution is that I am not doing any scrapbook related gifts for anyone in 2010. I spent much of 2009 working on scrapbook gifts and I am taking 2010 off to just work on our family books and make cards.

scrapsbygracie
Expert
scrapsbygracie
In response to Shutterbugg

btt

dotfree
Guru
dotfree

I need to seriously put together a scrapbooking room and spend more time on layouts.

Croppers Ball
Resident
Croppers Ball

Oh boy, if this even keeps me accountable for a month, I'll be happy LOL!

Last year I wanted organization, and I did it.
This year, I need to consume what I got!!!

As for accomplishments to aim for...
a) my son's BABY book...he's 2.5 years old
b) my wedding book...I'm stumped...been 8 years.

Great thread!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Croppers Ball

I finally decided on my scrappy goal. I'm not buying any more goodies until I meet or make noticeable progress on my non-scrappy goals. I'm hoping this will also help me reduce my clutter!

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to Croppers Ball

Mine is to finish my daughter's pictures of when she was a baby (she is 29 in January). I've scrapped her school days, except for her college years but she doesn't have that many. The only thing she want's me to redo the Creative Memories with the way I scrap now. I mean with all the flowers, emblishments, foofoo stuff.

Edited by scrappiepammie on 12-17-09 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics