Username Post: I'm sad....I need friends        (Topic#1542529)
scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4

I have been inactive so long...and I have just gotten into daily scrapbook.com activity and I only have a few friends. I feel like a complete utter loser for asking...but will you please be my friend?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scrappymomof4

I don't have any friends either...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to pugs223

those who don't ask get nothing

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to pugs223

now you have one! Me!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

why are we having a rash of users who complain about having no friends?

Are you adding people to your friends list and they're not responding or are you just sitting there hoping someone adds you?

ReginaOklaScrapper
Expert
ReginaOklaScrapper
In response to tinacome

Scrappymom and pugs, I added you as friends. I know how hard it is to get friends on here. There are so many new members it's hard for everyone to get added as a friend sometimes. Plus I've added people and have gotten no response.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to tinacome

Ok Kathy and Peg, I asked you both to be my friend.

GradRNnNC
Tenant
GradRNnNC
In response to debby_westbrook

Requests on their way!

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:

Are you adding people to your friends list and they're not responding or are you just sitting there hoping someone adds you?

I'm just not assertive enought I guess! Will be from now on!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:

I wondered this too.
I was here for years before I had ANY "friends." I really don't think it means anything.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • tinacome Said:

I wondered this too.
I was here for years before I had ANY "friends." I really don't think it means anything.

R u thinking we should be worried about these requests....???

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • tinacome Said:

I wondered this too.

No, not at all.

I just don't understand WHY it's important to anyone.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
  • tinacome Said:

I wondered this too.

No, not at all.

I just don't understand WHY it's important to anyone.

Oh yea...I wondered that too... I have tons of friends online but if I didn't I'd be fine w/ it. I have very little friends in real life and I like it that way...in fact, I have to force myself to interact w/ the few I do have... I am a loner... LOL

Edited by Doreena on 09-10-10 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

I guess it's the whole age of social networking. You may have hundreds of Facebook "friends," but do you really KNOW any of them?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I guess it's the whole age of social networking. You may have hundreds of Facebook "friends," but do you really KNOW any of them?

No...Not ALL of them...I have tons of those 2 but only talk 2 a few.

I'm very anti-social so having friends is something I actually don't like... LOL! Drives my hubby crazy cuz he's very social!

In fact I am talking 2 u way too much...gotta go!!! LOL! J/K!

Edited by Doreena on 09-10-10 12:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Bxr-Linda

Kathy and Peg (and any other lonely scrappers out there), I'm sending you friend requests! Ask and you shall receive!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kanary

Despite my resistance to have friends, cuz I'm the cool loner type (LOL), I also sent u requests!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

Doreen - My lips are sealed. I won't tell anyone we've been talking.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Doreen - My lips are sealed. I won't tell anyone we've been talking.

Thanks! LOL!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

WHO are you, again??

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
WHO are you, again??

Ur lucky I don't have any feelings or that would have really hurt them!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Bxr-Linda

Group hug, everyone!

Lisa

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lstory

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to Bxr-Linda

No shady motives here! Just thought it would be fun to add some friends to my list. And....I don't even have a facebook acct! lol

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
Group hug, everyone!

Lisa

Ughhh! I hate group hugs
-Doreen AKA Grouchy Smurf LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 09-10-10 02:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Doreena

Wow - self-proclaimed anti-social, hug-hating, grouchy, loner, smurf!!!

Nice to know you!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

But virtual group hugs ARE the best!!!

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL..this cracks me up!

Public announcement: I am free to be anyone's friend that wants me. Please bear in mind, that being my friend constitutes an unwritten agreement that you will lend me whatever scrappy thing I'm out of or need to use, be here at 2am for me when I am stuck on a LO, lend me money when I fall short of getting the cart/paper pack/or (whatever it is you ppl buy lol) let me slobber on your shoulder when someone criticizes my work, etc etc etc... lol...not really.

Actually, I don't know what the advantage to having "friends" on here is. When I see someone's work I admire, I will usually just add them as a fav. artist, and then I get to keep track of all their new stuff they post. That's pretty much all I can think of I wanna do, and the "fav artist" feature works for that. Is there something more I'm not knowing about if a person is a friend? Really. I don't know.

That being said, I add friends all the time. The more the merrier, I say! heehee

I've requested some, and most accepted. The only one that didn't is very 'popular'...published, on design teams, and probably waaaaaaaaaay too good at sb'ing and busy for someone like me. LOL

Edited by TimeScrapper on 09-10-10 02:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to TimeScrapper

Friend request sent

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I think the requests for friends have to do with feeling your work appreciated and liked.

scrappinjaime
Tenant
scrappinjaime

How do you add and request friends. I'm fairly new here. Thank you

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to scrappinjaime

I gained 4 new friends because of this thread.... so much for me residing in
"Loner Ville -population 1" LOL!

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to scrappinjaime

• scrappinjaime Said:
How do you add and request friends. I'm fairly new here. Thank you

Jaime~Go to a person's profile page and click Add as a Friend.

Jessica Cangiano
Governor
Jessica Cangiano

Hi dear,

Please don't feel so down! I've been having a super rough month (ok, who am I kidding, rough 2.5 years, but that's a whole other story ) too and would welcome the chance to make new scrapbooking friends.

I'm going to buzz over to your profile right now and add you (I'm pretty new to this site, so I don't have too many friends here yet either).

Sending warm smiles & tons of cheerful hugs your way!

Edited by StrawberryMarie on 09-11-10 02:14 PM. Reason for edit: Typo

Tara_13CJ
Veteran
Tara_13CJ

I have 8 friends here. But I love to have more as well. I dont get out much and I think I can relate to the ladies on this forum, sometimes then my friends here at home. !! No one scraps, that I know in my life. Love to be your friend

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to Tara_13CJ

Do you guys accept anyone as friends? I've always just "friended" people who's work I like or have similar styles or who I chat w/ in this here forum area. Similar to the way I would make friends in the "real" world (meaning non-virtual). I'm not against random friending but I am curious how others (possibly more normal people) do it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to scharnack

• scharnack Said:
Do you guys accept anyone as friends? I've always just "friended" people who's work I like or have similar styles or who I chat w/ in this here forum area. Similar to the way I would make friends in the "real" world (meaning non-virtual). I'm not against random friending but I am curious how others (possibly more normal people) do it.

I accept all friends requests... the people whose work I like or I chat w/ alot I mark as fav artist.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Doreena

hi. i think having friends on this site makes you feel good, esp when you see them around the site. the familiarity makes this a nice place to be.

i accept anyone as a friend and those that frequest the same threads as i do i tag as best friends so i see their activity stream first. about every 6 months i go through my friends list and remove any that dont post on the site for over year.

on facebook, i only befriend people i know "in real life" or have actively known on sb.com for a year or more. (i've been on here for 3 years so far)

have a great weekend!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to TimeScrapper

• TimeScrapper Said:
LOL..this cracks me up!

Public announcement: I am free to be anyone's friend that wants me. Please bear in mind, that being my friend constitutes an unwritten agreement that you will lend me whatever scrappy thing I'm out of or need to use, be here at 2am for me when I am stuck on a LO, lend me money when I fall short of getting the cart/paper pack/or (whatever it is you ppl buy lol) let me slobber on your shoulder when someone criticizes my work, etc etc etc... lol...not really.

Actually, I don't know what the advantage to having "friends" on here is. When I see someone's work I admire, I will usually just add them as a fav. artist, and then I get to keep track of all their new stuff they post. That's pretty much all I can think of I wanna do, and the "fav artist" feature works for that. Is there something more I'm not knowing about if a person is a friend? Really. I don't know.

That being said, I add friends all the time. The more the merrier, I say! heehee

I've requested some, and most accepted. The only one that didn't is very 'popular'...published, on design teams, and probably waaaaaaaaaay too good at sb'ing and busy for someone like me. LOL

utoh, I just approved your friendship request

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Having friends on here is more important to some people than to others,,,,,plain and simple. I like most people, and I will generally accept any friend request. In the two years I've been here, I've NOT accepted maybe one,,,and UNfriended maybe one. Just like IRL, some people have a ton of casual friends, and some people have one or three really good friends,,,,

i don't know that there's a right or a wrong on this one,,,,,It's just personality type.

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I gained 4 new friends because of this thread.... so much for me residing in
"Loner Ville -population 1" LOL!

Ha! I knew it! LOL Glad to help out!

suzilea
Diva
suzilea

this thread cracked me up!

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to suzilea

Friend request sent. Don’t feel bad. I have been here for 2 years now and I only have 6 friends. All but 2 of them are from threads like this one. Well I am looking at the gallery nearly daily. I guess I just don’t speak much. Yeah I am loner type too…..LOL.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kozy Scraps

I think I just have maybe 1 friend and I guess I never got to into that part of the site I just participate in the forums and look at the gallery.

What is the friend thing about?

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I think I just have maybe 1 friend and I guess I never got to into that part of the site I just participate in the forums and look at the gallery.

What is the friend thing about?

For me it was just for fun! It sparked alot of interesting conversation! LOL

calamityjane
Resident
calamityjane
In response to Bxr-Linda

Actually, when it comes to Facebook Friends...ONLY my REAL friends are also My Facebook Friends. I guess I don't feel the need to have "friends" I really don't know.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to calamityjane

I just added/requested everyone in this list who wasn't on my friends list. I love having a ton of friends because I enjoy seeing all kinds of new projects streaming on my page.

gracie713
Tenant
gracie713
In response to craftysprinkles

I didn't even realize you could have friends until I saw this post-still learning to navigate the forum--I've been "cruising" for over a year and have learned so much! I, too, am the quiet type.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics