Username Post: card set question        (Topic#1543139)
Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys

I'm not much of a cardmaker. Actually, I only make them when there is a birthday coming up because I don't want to spent $4 on a card. I wanted to make a few card sets to give out as gifts this year in Chritmas (I know I'm early but again, I'm not a cardmaker so I need a head start! lol) but got stuck before I even started. How many do I make? What size? What colors? Do I add a sentiment inside?

So, I was wondering if anyone has ever made these before and if you didn't mind sharing a link with me. Also, if there is anything else that you can think of that can help me, please let me know!

Thanks!
~Amy

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Amarilys

I am also planning on making some card sets as gifts. I am going to do sets of 8 or 10. I decided to make 4 of them in each set b-day cards, and then 2 Thank You, one sympathy, and the rest with no title so they can be used for anything. I am leaving the insides blank on all of them. I am going to give them in those organza bags you can find in the wedding section at the craft store.

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to melissa*l

thanks for your help! I appreciate it since I didn't even know where to start

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Amarilys

I wasn't sure where to start either! I only have made a few cards myself but had seen something about this while blog surfing and thought it was a good idea! great way to use some scraps up!

RobinH
RobinH 
Veteran
RobinH
In response to melissa*l

I've done sets with 2 for each holiday throughout the year and sets that are blank. Whichever way is appreciated. Most people hate to spend a lot on cards and handmade ones are rarely thrown out!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to RobinH

I usually do some Thank you and birthday cards for my Aunt who still sends out lots of snail mail.

If I have a stamp with an appropriate saying, I stamp the inside, if not, I just leave it blank.

Oh, and I use some ugly pp for the envelope. Amazing how cute the ugly pp becomes when it's just an envelope.

One more thing, don't make them square cards because those take extra postage.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Rosita

i make card sets every yr. i make 2 of them actually. i dont do a set theme or colors i just go with the flow and each one is different b-days sympathy etc etc i only stamp the inside if i have something that goes with the front if not i just leavve blank. for my card sets i make them the size of a dcwv card not sure the size i just keep a card from when i used to buy the cards and use it as a template on the size.

theres a monthly challenge that AuntieT does monthly for cards. maybe that will help you with some cards. it has helped me. good luck

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Briannasmom

I've made some cute sets that come in pretty matching totes. The splitcoast stampers site has a fabulous resource section that includes lots of tutorials for such things. Its a site primarily for card making, especially using stamping but they have sketches too that you can easily adapt to embellishments other then stamping.

p6 - card purse
p10 - drawer box
p31 - stationary box (my favorite)

Edited by disneylisa on 09-20-10 05:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to disneylisa

I make card sets as gifts for my mom and aunts. I usually include about 4 birthday cards, 4 thank you, 2 sympathy, 2 thinking of you, and 2 baby. I do not write anything in the inside. I bought a huge package of envelopes (4.5 x 5.5, I think) on sale at Office Depot, so I make my cards to fit those.

Cindy

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to cindy312

thanks ladies. Your comments have really helped. I have an idea where to start now

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Amarilys

A2 size cards are the easiest for me. I love making card sets for my mother and sister-in-law. It's such a nice gift and it will be greatly appreciated!
You are smart to get a handle on presents now. The earlier you get your shopping done, the more relaxed you can be during the season.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics