Username Post: Scrapbooking Kits        (Topic#1554721)
Oney
Oney 
Tenant
Oney
  • Oney on 03-07-11 07:20 PM

I have seen some places online that offer monthly scrapbooking kits that you can "subscribe" to. The kits are premade and I was just wondering if this is a good deal or if you end up getting a bunch of things that you don't use. Some are $40/month with shipping... I could easily stop my Curves monthly fee for scrapbooking kits...if they're worth it.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Oney

I've heard that they can be very worth it. Some have more "stuff for your money" than others. I've been wanting to join one for some time now, but I'm always hesitant because I worry that many of the months would be very girly. I only have a DH and a DSS...I don't do girly very often.

One of these days, I'm going to make it my goal to find one that's right for me...

Just need to work up some guts first.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to debby_westbrook

I did so much research before settling on Tidbitz in Time-they are a great kit, and looking back over the past months I have loved every single one I looked at-plus the price for a 12 month subscription is so reasonable! It is something like 35 a month after shipping! I broke down a few of the kits and it was a better deal to buy the kit vs each piece individually.

I also loved the scraps of darkness kit, but they are a little more expensive. $40 a month after shipping. Their kits are full of great goodies also, plus they have a few add ons available that look pretty great also.

Oney
Oney 
Tenant
Oney
  • Oney on 03-08-11 07:48 AM
In response to debby_westbrook

Oh those kits from tidbitzintime look like a great value! Thank you. I hadn't heard of this company.

Oney
Oney 
Tenant
Oney
  • Oney on 03-08-11 07:49 AM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Oooh... pretty stuff! I scrap for boys and sometimes I'm in the mood for something less frilly and flowery. Perfect for the times I'm looking for something a little more "edgy."

Oney
Oney 
Tenant
Oney
  • Oney on 03-08-11 08:02 AM
In response to Sheila9447

Sheila, M & P does have some nice kits. I like the idea of getting kits without having to commit to a subscription and purchase every month.

Dasha
Dasha 
Veteran
Dasha
  • Dasha on 03-08-11 10:10 AM
In response to Oney

i'm interested in this too! thanks for asking...

so if you subsribe, you automatically get a kit every month, right?

also, is it about $30-$40/month??

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Oney

Kits don't work for me as I'm not a huge pp user and most of them have pp in them.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Dasha

• Dasha Said:

Yes, That is right.

Oney
Oney 
Tenant
Oney
  • Oney on 03-08-11 12:08 PM
In response to Dasha

• Dasha Said:

Hi Dasha,
That's how I understand the programs. You give your mailing information and payment information and the company to whom you've subscribed automatically ships out their kit of the month and automatically charges your payment option (credit card/debit card/checking account/paypal account etc.)

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to Oney

There are plenty of kit clubs out there at a variety of price points and with different styles.

I have been a member of the Scarlet Lime kit club (cost is just under $40 after extra shipping to Canada) for 14 months. I love the kits because they combine different products in a way that I love, but would never think of on my own. It's great fun to sit down with new products you've never even seen before and try to do something creative with them!

The only down side I have found is that the kits are so big it's hard to use them all up before another one arrives. I can get 5-8 layouts out of each kit and still have some left to go back into my stash. Since I only do about 3-4 layouts a month (and not all my scrapping is from the kits- I also have my own ever-growing stash to use up), I have ended up accumulating a lot of kits over the course of my membership. I have at least 6 kits I haven't even touched, and a few more that I've only done one layout from. Although I love them, I had to cancel my membership this month and focus on using up my backlog!

So I guess I'd just say consider how much you scrap, and whether you'd want to do non-kit club scrapping as well when you decide which kit to get. The biggest might not necessarily be the best for you. Good luck and happy kit-scrapping!

ETA: Scarlet Lime has a frugal kit for 19.99 that might be more suited to a slower scrapper like myself. It's relatively new, so I haven't looked at it very closely. And the way it works is you have to agree to purchase 6 months worth of kits. You request to become a member and if they have room for a new member you give them your credit card info (or paypal, or whatever they accept) and they automatically bill you every month and send out the kit. After the 6 months it just automatically renews month to month, so you can cancel it any time after the 6 months, but you have to tell them. My understanding is that once you cancel you would have to agree to another 6 months to get back in. Some places let you order kits on a one-time basis, but it is at a higher cost.

HTH!

Edited by mercytiara on 03-08-11 05:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Oney

I belong to a kit club which I love! The upside is that I don't have a LSS close to my house and the papers and embellishments in the kit are things I can not get easily. Also-- when I want to get a lot done quickly, the kits make it SO much easier because EVERYTHING goes so well together.
BUT--If I were on a tighter budget, I would have to say that my kits would have to go. Because as beautiful as everything is, it is less expensive to use coupons at the big retail stores.
So.. I keep bringing lunch to work and spending less on other items so I don't feel guilty each month when my wonderful "box" arrives!

I should add that belonging to the club causes me to spend LESS than I used to-- but I STILL seem to always NEED more punches, stamps, bling...

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 03-08-11 07:26 PM
In response to leslief

There are some awesome kit clubs out there. I love Swirlydoos! It's a great value and I love the style.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics