Username Post: Stickles glitter glue VS Studio G glitter glue        (Topic#1557899)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Well the subject of the difference between the two brands of glitter glue was brought up on the M's $1 bin post so I decided to try and do a little compairing of my own.

Here's some photos and I'll finish up with some thoughts of the differences after the photos. lol

This was so fun as I love to play with the glitter glue as i'm still trying to get the hang of them.

Tips

Wet

Dry

The stickles does have a slightly more fine tip but I think with more practice you could get a just as thin line with the studio g glitter glue though too.

The distress stickles has a bigger tip than the regular stickles and more clumpy, less shiny but I think the clumpyness probably depends on the color as I just have the yelow and green and my yellow is more clumpy than the green. The distress has larger glitter than the other two types.

The studio g almost seems to have finer glitter than the stickles. The studio g bottles are deffinately bigger than the stickles bottles. Studio g is more clumpy that stickles but the more you use it the better you can get with it.

I think stickles is probably more shinier than the studio g but they are definately very shiny too and maybe that depends on the color as the studio g green is just as shiny as the stickles but the other colors aren't. It's also kindahard to take pics of the shinyness.

I do like the stickles the best because of the tip and shine but for the price and my budget i'll probably end up with more studio g than the stickles. But also I don't have to many of the colored stickles to compare the two.

I definately don't think studio g is bad at all and with practice can be just as good as the stickles.

What do you guys think?

Feel free to tell me if i'm wrong about anything cause i'm always learning new things!

**ADDING MORE**
I had to run intown for some errands and stopped at M's and decided to pick up some in more Studio G glitter glue in the same color of the stickles.

All I could find was silver. So I used some of the studio g silver under the stickles silver and you can see the studio g silver is much lighter.

The middle line was my first try, then the lefts strip was the 2nd try and the right one was my third go around and was able to get a thinner strip in that time.

It's nice and shiny too!

So just practicing will deffinately help. Out of my I think 10 studio g bottles, none of them is runny at all thankfully and hopefully that was a one time problem that someone else had.

As far as drying times I think they are probably about the same.

I haven't checked to see what other colors studio g has but at my M's there's probably at least another 5 that they have that I don't.

So there's deffinately still gonna be a need for certian stickles if studio g doesn't make those colors. I love those white clear stickles.

Edited by Cindyckj on 05-05-11 04:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Cindyckj

What a fabulous post! I think I may have to pick up some Studio G for my very own test drive.

They look very similar to me and, like you said, would probably get easier with more practice.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to kelseymel

Thank you Melissa!!! And for that price $1.00 where I live I can deffinately afford to let my son play with them. lol

Going in town right now to do some errands so I may just have to stop in and see if they dollar bins are still $1.00 here.

CSMmom
CSMmom 
Expert
CSMmom
In response to Cindyckj

I've never used Stickles but have picked up a few bottles of the Studio G. I'm not one who likes a lot of bling, glitter, shimmer, etc but I'm trying it out occasionally on pages for my daughter because SHE loves those things. For me, its an inexpensive option to see if I can even get into using glitter glue. If I like it, I may upgrade and if I don't, I don't feel like I wasted a lot of money! So far, I've only managed to put a few dots in the middle of flowers! I guess I need to do a stickles search in the gallery!

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to CSMmom

Thank you Cindy for the pics! I just picked up three bottles of the studio g the other day.. Now I'm glad that I did!

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to CSMmom

I bought several of the StudioG bottles a few weeks ago. The price is right.

I used some of them on my projects, mostly with a single dot for jewel-like accents. But you need to wait a long time for them to dry before storing the page.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Solitaire

Thanks for the demo!! I'm definitely going to pick up some Studio G and give it a try. It looks almost exactly like the Stickles!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Smashley

I have had no luck with the studio G glitter glue. The glue is very runny and spreads when I don't want it to, so its not good for detail work. The final straw for me was when I was when I got a brand new bottle and the tip came off while using it. It made a huge mess and I gave them to DD and it happened with another color too. For me I don't bother with them because for what I use them for they don't work but if I was doing a large area then I might consider them but I am still mad about the tips popping off and the glue going everywhere.

2 Krafty Girls
Resident
2 Krafty Girls
In response to CorrieW

Thank you for the review and comments! I too have seen this brand and wondered. My scrappin buddy just picked some up the other day, so I pass all the info along to her.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to 2 Krafty Girls

ok, i think i am sold on studio g. we had left the house to go to m's this am to get me some studio g so that i could do precisely what you have done when my dh got a call and had to drop me and dd at the house so he could go into work... i can't complain... i do want him to get as much time in as possible... so i just have to wait and get my studio g when i can... if that even makes any sense lol!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to flutterbye0419

I never knew about Studio G....I think for the money difference it would be worth it to pick up the colors offered in it.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thank you for that very great post!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to ktmracing

Edited the bottom of the origional post cause I went in town earlier today for some errands and stopped at M's and thought since I have the stickles brand in gold, silver, and those two clear/ diamond and what ever that other color is (Ugh can't remember and don't have them near me at the moment.) i'd at least maybe buy 1 or 2 of the same color in studio g and see how they match up.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Solitaire

How long does it take to dry?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Chiller

Thanks for the post. Great info!

Edited by Chiller on 05-05-11 04:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Chiller

Not really sure how log it takes as last night I did that right before bed and I put it in front of a fan.

And this afternoon when I did it I stuck it in front of the fan and my son got home from school and homework. Ugh I lost track of time. lol

I always put what i've stickled in front of my fan.

And it would be neat to see how long it'd take for them to dry but depending on where you live and the heat and humidity and time of year would probably make it different for everyone.

Edited by Cindyckj on 05-05-11 05:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics