Username Post: so what have you gotten done today        (Topic#1563565)
Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

I hope everyone who was hit by the storm is safe and sound.

So my day to day is going to be a bit off. I have to reset my sleep cycle again. That means I stay up for at least 24 hours. SO because of that I have gotten quite a lot done.

Got the studio clean ya me
Work on the quilled tree almost done with the base
filled out some paper work
Work on my writing skill book. pre-test was really bad. I know I have a long road ahead of me.
on my second pot of coffee.
Sent res out via email to a bunch of places
now off to appointment's.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 08-29-11 05:44 AM
In response to Stephanie D

laundry
some cooking
worked out plans for my 1000+ coasters (yay!)
started working on a beach themed three frames wall hanging
recouped from a really long busy weekend

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ycats

My husband got an order yesterday morning for 20,000 license plates (that is correct - 20,000 - they sell in volume like that). He has over a million stored in the plate shed here in Florida (it's 2,800 sq ft - 2 stories) and we have 80,000 stored in Hawaii. Many are sold, we have to get there later this year to sort and ship them.

And he got an order yesterdy for 500 King Kamehameha so we have to gt to Hawaii before the year ends to deliver there and ship overseas.

Me will probably also ship a pallot (15,000), maybe 2 pallots of mixed plates from here to Hawaii becasue nearly all our plates in Hawaii are Hawaii plates. When we are there people also ask for New York and Nebraska and Florida. We are low on those over there.

Anyway, they are getting the 20,000 plate order ready to go and the customre is driving a large vehicle here to pick them up.

So our life rightnow is around license plates.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Henri Jean

Today? It's only 10:30am. Slow down.

I got the kids to school on time. Does that count?

Cleaning is on the agenda for today after a fun, but hectic, weekend. And a few ideas in my head for cards that I want to work on.

Happy Monday!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to kelseymel

heck I will count get out of bed and making coffee. Ok as i said I have been up all night. so my say started around 1 pm yesterday..

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to kelseymel

Umm...I got up...that's about it! Unless you count taking the dogs out and logging on here!

But the day will be quite busy-off to menards in a bit with DH to get him a new weedwacker and hopefully to the sprint store to get a new phone. Dentist at 2 and then hiding in my scraproom the rest of the day!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to MrsAnnieS

i watched some of the videos on sb.com i learned how to make a gift card holder without a lot of muss and fuss. Where was this a year ago when i was cutting and measuring and feeling bad because it didn't come out quite right.

this year i know better.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to cescrapper

If i make it past 10 am. hoping to hold out all day, I will be making a couple of phone call, working on the quilled Christmas tree some more and maybe draw out a few ideal i am working on.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

I completed some albums by filling in some random empty pages and moving lo's around to their proper albums.

Off to get a tb test arm check done for the job, then AC's for sales. Looking for a frame and they have paper sales too, 45% off.

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to RockStar

I completed a simple 2page of my darling bf daughter. I still have to finish my travel gallery.

Ycats
Ycats 
Expert
Ycats
  • Ycats on 08-29-11 09:33 AM
In response to scrappinmylife

got my frames done! now working on a coaster box!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Ycats

congrat to all that are getting stuff done up. i end up having to run DH over to check out a job. Yes We do this a lot. There are not many job opening so when we see one that is open we jump and run. but we are back and I was able to do some reading .

provinca
Governor
provinca

I laugh every time I see the title of this thread. That's what my husband says to me every day during the summer when he comes home from work. (I have the summers off.) He's not so eager to hear what I've accomplished before leaving for work and after coming home from a full day at work though. LOL!

Anyway, I accomplished a lot today -- first day back to work - put in a full day; went to the post office; paid the bills online; made a fresh pot of sauce; made dinner for my girls; printed out some pictures; put on a couple loads of laundry; ran the dishwasher; watered the garden; and now hopefully I can get a LO done.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to provinca

today was a big day for me ......I started work on my new scrap room!

my scrap space has been in our basement for years .....its a very nice space .......but its the basement .....my dd just moved into her 1st home and I am taking her bedroom!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to melissadam

• melissadam Said:
today was a big day for me ......I started work on my new scrap room!

my scrap space has been in our basement for years .....its a very nice space .......but its the basement .....my dd just moved into her 1st home and I am taking her bedroom!

You win!

I'm so jealous--can't wait to see your space.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to kelseymel

thanks melissa! Im so excited! ......I am very sad to see my dd go ....but thrilled to have her room!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

today has when't from good to bad in less then two hours. I decided on a short nap at the time the power company decided to drop off a 48 hour notices. Since we don't have job and i was not going to barrow money from the mil, i had to take two of my rings down to the paw shop. So i am not happy about it.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

awww stephanie that sux!

Soyala27
Tenant
Soyala27

Today I've got the bare bones of my scrapping/crafting/sewing area put together. YAY!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Soyala27

cool a lot of people are picking up new scrap areas. i got my own room two month ago. Love having more spaces.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I am so sorry Stephanie.

The truck came in our neighborhood a few months ago and my husband ran out to see what he was doing here. He said he had orders to cut off 4 people's electricity. Bill knew 2 and the other 2 he didn't - all on our street. He told the guy to wait and he ran in and got cash out of the safe and pay the power bill for all of them.

He said people were basically honest and would pay him back - there was no need for them to come home from work with no electricity and a feel to turn it on again.

Two paid him that day and two paid him the next day. I thought it was over and beyond but Bill said it is what good neighbors do. Now I'm used to him doing stuff like that.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Stephanie, in another life I worked for the utility in New York City, customer service. I don't know where you live, but all these companies are highly regulated - get thee down to the office in the morning with 50 bucks and make a payment agreement with the cs agent there. No matter how small the amount you agree to pay with the agreement, once you do that, they CANNOT by law turn you off.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

I told dh that once we are back on our feet, i get to go shop for some new stuff. The rings i sold where ones i never wear because they were two size to small. So I will be able to pick me up something i can add to my birthstone collection.

I with both rings I cam up with all but$7.00 of the total bill. So it fine.

Edited by Stephanie D on 08-29-11 05:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

I have a long day today. However, i am getting to work on my tree be for everything starts up. I am hoping i get the base done in the next day or two. Because i am almost out of high lander season. I am now on the last one. It will feel strange when i am done with them. Since I have been working with them on for almost 4 month now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank goodness Stephanie. Glad they weren't wedding bands or heirloom jewelry or something you enjoyed wearing.

After my ex-husband and I separated the mortgage kept coming in. I had to hock my diamond engagement ring and that was hard. I wanted to reset it into something else, but with 2 kids, the house was kind of important.

In this heat, they should not be able to turn off electricity.

Good luck finishing the trees!

Edited by Henri Jean on 08-30-11 02:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Left at 11 am this morning and just walked in. i go got up around 1 :30 am . I should know better then trying to go to sleep be for midnight. So since, then I have worked on the tree, took my Mil in for blood work, SAM's Club, DR appointment, 2 book stores, thrift store, Walmart, and to pick up her co op basket. No I am home and going for a cold shower and a nap. I will check back in, hope everyone had a great day and go some scraping done.

Edited by Stephanie D on 08-30-11 03:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Worked

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

Was work that bad Flightobl?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Yes, it stunk. Just one year though, I'm really retired as is dh, but I'd like to throw dd2 a proper New York wedding reception next May, so I have to do this, part time anyway.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

I under stand , Just a note for the people who been fallowing me working on the quilled Christmas Tree, It is almost done i got done with the highland all 6 season. Now what?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I got up early this morning. Usually we get up between 9:30 and 10:30 so to be at the computer at 8:14am is an accomplishment for us.

Bill and Joe (my son) have to go work on license plates all day today getting that 20,000 plate sort and boxed for the customer who will pick them up on Saturday. He's bringing a very large vehicle!

They also need to get a 300 plate order ready to ship to Hawaii in the next day or two.

I think he has a few more orders on his desk.

Now he wants us to go to South Dakota to buy a huge collection of license plates from someone giving up a massive lifetime collection so he can sell it. I'm trying to discourage that.

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson

Today, I have done NOTHING but peruse this site, look at the gallery, etc.

I do answer all the phones calls so that must account for something. ?

I'm sure my boss appreciates - NOT! that I've had the same things on my desk all week and still not done.

Ok, really, I'm going to do some work now.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to dlanvinson

Not a damm thing, since the boards here have been so entertaining!

Actually I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the house, scrubbed the tolites and went grocery shopping. I also put a roast on for supper this am, so maybe something, but not much......

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ScrappyMama6

• AppleBottomVenter Said:
Not a damm thing, since the boards here have been so entertaining!

This!

However, I may or not be at work and don't feel guilty about either. I am doing things in between catching up...I mean catching up in between doing things.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

Pugs!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to ScrappyMama6

I have a job interview tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good luck Stephanie.

Sam's Club called my son and he has an interview tomorrow too. He is a seizure patient and gets full disability so he is limited on what he can make. If he makes too much he looses his social security which he can live with, but he can't live with loosing the medical.

He is a perfect candide for brain surgery and he has been rated by his neuro as being in the 80% success rate - it will in all probability be successful! So.... he can't loose social security. If he stays on social security he is eligible for the surgery next July!!!!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

Yesterday was a busy day. Had to run some errands early. Drop off a Rx for my son at Walmart. Two hour wait so I came back home and tidied up. Went by the car wash and vaccumed the inside of my truck on the way to the gym. Went back to Walmart after the gym. Still had to wait on the Rx. Gassed up my truck on the way home. Came home and cleaned house...mop, vaccum, clean bathroom, etc. Picked up dd from school. Homework help, dinner, dishes and two loads of laundry before bed.

This morning I did my daily house clean up. Went to the gym. Stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home. Came home and washed my truck. Showered up, had lunch. Squeezed in time for one LO. Picked up dd from school. Dinner, dishes and one load of laundry. Relaxing now a bit before bed.

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to shopgirlaudi

Yesterday I went on a cleaning and organizing rampage - sorted through junk mail, magazines, craft room stuff while doing loads of laundry and dishes. Today I simply went to pick up a few groceries and checked out a couple craft stores and picked up a couple cheap items (plus a coupon to use this weekend!)

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Spooky29

I sleep most of the day. i think all the running kinda took to much out of me. But I did do my nail and plucked my eye brows. On a crafty note I had to use a pair of tweezers that normally for scrapbooking for my brow and they worked better then the ones that got lost on the move.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Worked, put out a work 'fire', came home and worked on a project regardless of the fact that tomorrow, I have to once again,

work.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Today I'm just sitting by the phone. First grandchild (it's a girl) is on her way. They had a 12:00 appt for the c-section.

John (My son) texted by husband at 12:20 and said no baby yet.

However, my guess is that the mother was being prepped and and the incision made for the c-section and John was probably waiting to scrub. He will be in the delivery room with her.

Its been 36 minutes since he texted Bill. The anticipation is killing me. I couldn't "do" anthing right now if i wanted to. I'm doing good to type I'm so anxious to hear something.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 09-01-11 09:20 AM

Hang in there Henri - she might have been bumped if there was an emergency ...

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Juggy

She's born!!
Check out her gallery, she just posted pics.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

Sorry to steal your thunder Henri ...

I really just came on to say what I've gotten done today so far!

Got a few more tags done for my albums, only 4 or 5 more to go.

At work now ... shhh!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

Congrats Henri, Sometime I think we all get exited about a new baby.

as far as to day , Did the 3 S, hair and make, running around, Interview did not go well, Home and will be doing the last of the base to the tree.

Edited by Stephanie D on 09-01-11 01:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Post on my behalf anytime Raquel! I apprecite you speaking up - Bill wanted to go in the pool and then we watched an episode of Boston Legal so I apprecite you letting the ladies know the baby pictures were in my gallery.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

work today
computer work this evening
finish up a few more pages

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SandraB.

How are you doing with the Gypsy Sandra? Are you creating yet?

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Last night we did something different, MIL Took us down to the best of the west rib cook off. WOW is all i can say. I got this thing call kick but (use other word) fries, It has fries, Pulled pork, chess and BBQ sauce. The thing they did not tell you is that it was the size of about 3 meal for one order. Me and DH both ate off of the one. He had a sampler at one booth and a half rack at the other. I also got a funnel cake. then we took here to do her shopping for the week.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Yum!

Thanks Henri! Sometimes my excitement beats out my better senses lol.

Just got back from the stores, finally bought myself an atg with my 50% off coupon, some ribbon that was on sale, an ink cartridge, mod podge, a few storage bins and lollilops.

I did finish my tag-the-albums project, so now I can focus on getting my house ready for Flapper company that's coming Wednsday night, except for Tuesday when I'm working a shift.

During downtime, I'd like to give altering a clipboard a shot.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

It is a bit cooled this morning, at least for me. DH had a good laugh , at me because i put on one of my light way ponchos, i will be working on the last little bit of the base of the tree and trying to fined something new on hulu to keep me company.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

The usual morning routine. Got up and tidied up, got dd ready for school, dropped her off. Came back home and made breakfast for me and dh. Finished cleaning up. Went to the gym. Visited with my neighbor when I got home (she had a baby a few weeks ago). Came home and had lunch. Now on Skype with my sis. Thinking of being crafty, but I only have a little over an hour before I need to go and pick up dd from school.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

Ive been working on 1 lo for about a week or so....I may be done with it, IDK but I do have to put the picture on it and some journalling. Still trying to decide if I want to break in my new slice elite...Im almost too scared to use it....Have a blessed wknd everyone.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Mia1979

If everyone leaves me alone today and does not bug me i should be done with the base of the tree in about 3 hours. Then on to turning it to something more then a green base.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

I'm attempted my first altered clipboard like I don't have enough to do lol!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to RockStar

Finished up with dinner and dishes. Got one more LO done this afternoon after I picked up dd from school. She is on her way to get yogurt with her bff so I'm going to relax a bit before dh gets home from work.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

worked until 2:00 this afternoon, then spent a few hours at the hospital with son & his caregiver waiting for results of an ultra-sound, made supper and just finished loading the last of my cartridges into my Gypsy. Plan to do some "playing" with it tonite and finish up a LO that I started last w/end.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SandraB.

Mostly shopped. Bought some new blouses and some junk food to eat on the plane next week.

Found out today that gall bladder has to come out ASAP so we are gong to the Flappers get-together in Dover and then will look for somewhere around Washingon DC to get it taken out or else fly to Seattle and have it taken out in the week or so that we are waiting for our cruise to leave.

We'd rather do that than for me to have another attack and be in Russia or China somewhere and not even speak the language and have to have emergency surgery.

Tried to find a doctor to do it this weekend but no one is available because of the weekend and we want to leave Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess if we could find someone to take my gall bladder on Monday I'd be fine to leave Tuesday or Wednesday but would rather wait until after Dover next week.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Oh jeese Henri! What a thing to happen now of all times ...

listen, your health comes first. Don't you give us a thought until you take care of you - you got it??

I'm serious!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-02-11 07:40 PM
In response to RockStar

Seriously, Henri, this is a terrible weekend to need surgery. Take whatever time you can and find the right surgeon and the right facility. I would rather not see you next week if I knew that you were gettIng the top-notch care you need!!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to stick

Henri, please take care of your self. The Trips can wait a few days.. Your heath cant.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I had an gall bladder attack in March, 2010 and no problem since. Just want to get it taken care of before Russia (just in case). Occasionally I have a little heartburn which I think is the gall bladder, but it is gone in 20 minutes and that is rare.

I'm thinking now I want to do it in Seattle. I can rest on the base there for a week, then get on the cruise ship. Once we leave port, the rest of that day and the next 6 days are sea days. I will get more rest that way than I will at home because I will be cooking when I get home if I do it here.

I had my tubes tied, cut, burnt, whatever they used to do to them when I was 36. My boss gave me a half day work off and I was back at work the same afternoon by 1PM. That night I went out with friends, then drove to my mother's house which was 63 miles away. Never even mentioned to her that I had surgery that morning. I probalby should have told my mother I had surgery that morning but didn't see a point in upsetting her.

I'll be fine. I know me. I really want to get to Seattle early and do the surgery there and then rest in our room a week. That way, I actually won't do anything but play on the computer.

Then once we get on the ship, we are bored on sea days - we eat and play trivia. I can sleep 24/7 if I want.

That is the plan I want now.

My doctor is not a surgeon so I would have luck of the draw for gall bladder surgeons same as I would anywhere else.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Sounds like a plan Henri...

hit the sales at M's and AC's and I've been trying to put up some wall hangings but I keep getting interrupted!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

took mil to the farmer market,then home for a nap, Got up and ran the carpet cleaner back to the store, came home waited for a friend to call. We waited until he call and head to meet up with him at the rib cook off. This is the first time in 7 years I have gotten my DH to go hang with someone. He is one of the guy we game with on line. This is the first time we where able to meet up. So it was fun the guys had a beer and I got a coffee.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Good for dh!

I took apart and cleaned my refrigerator and freezer inside and out, put it back together and now I have to get ready for a champagne luncheon at a friends' who sold their other house in New York.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Mostly shopped. Bought some new blouses and some junk food to eat on the plane next week.

Found out today that gall bladder has to come out ASAP so we are gong to the Flappers get-together in Dover and then will look for somewhere around Washingon DC to get it taken out or else fly to Seattle and have it taken out in the week or so that we are waiting for our cruise to leave.

We'd rather do that than for me to have another attack and be in Russia or China somewhere and not even speak the language and have to have emergency surgery.

Tried to find a doctor to do it this weekend but no one is available because of the weekend and we want to leave Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess if we could find someone to take my gall bladder on Monday I'd be fine to leave Tuesday or Wednesday but would rather wait until after Dover next week.

Henri, I am sorry to hear you have to have it out. You are right about good to find it now. I hope your surgery goes well. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

hi Anda welcome back (I hope) long time no see. So for to day, I have done a load of wash, cleaned the master bath, and started the master bedroom. then i will move on to the main living area. I am trying to get it done up to day. I need to do house work on the weekend not middle of the week like i have been.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar

Sounds like my day tomorrow Stephanie, but I'll leave the mopping for last, on Wednesday before company arrives.

After I got back from the champagne luncheon, I got some windows washed...some, because at this point, I do have to prioritize. The ones in my scraproom were done first of course.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to RockStar

To day is a holiday day here in the US and the end of my favirte time of year summer . Yes if i could live some place with summer weather year around I would.

I am hoping that the winter will not be as dark and gray as the one in Oregon. Because winter back there really did me in.

so for crafting anything today i don't really thing so.i may go layout in the sun and see how much dark I can get with out burning. Normally that quite dark.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

hi guys- so I totally thought this was a how much crafting have you gotten done. Um.... not so much I see.

So far today- I've managed to breast feed my kidlet like 4 times, eaten breakfast (ice cream sandwich), eaten lunch and checked my email and messed around on here.

I have to get the house picked up and laundry room tamed before the housekeeper comes tomorrow to clean. Yes, I know- it's weird to "clean" before the housekeeper comes. I don't clean, I pick up so SHE can clean.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Seaexplore

My house is completely clean for my Flapper guests coming Wednesday, now I'm scrapping

Work tomorrow sort of interrupts my little play rhythm I've got going on this week, but so be it. Then I have 2 weeks off for play.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics