Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Copics        (Topic#1564601)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, I'm brand new at this, and I know next to nothing,,,,

but I just bought a bunch of copics,,,,,I've had them six days,,,,,

and my C1 is already dry,,,,,,nib is white, ink gone,,,,,,,

It seems very odd to me because I had some oranges for quite some time,,,,,and they aren't CLOSE to dry,,,,,

I know I've been coloring quite a bit since I got them,,,,,but I don't think I've used more grey than any other color,,,,the cap wasn't off,,,,I haven't used water color paper or anything that would suck up the ink that fast,,,

it's a ciao, so I know it holds about 2cc's of ink,,,,,but honestly, that seems REALLY fast,,,,,,the others are fine,,,,at this point.

but I'm worried I'm going to be refilling all 22 of these things once a week

Is this normal????

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

No. I'd had mine for a good year before I had to refill one.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Megan - ForumTech

oh thank GOD I got really scared that I'd be refilling ALL of them once a week

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

My first one was B10, an icy blue. My favorite blue. And I used it for a LONG time before a refill.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

ooooooooooooo now I want icy blue!!!!!!!

putting that down on my list for my next order,,,,

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I am thinking you got one that was "tested" in the store or something. No, they should last a lot longer than that. But you can buy the refill!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

I've emailed the place I bought it from. Hopefully they will send me a new one,,,,,,

or something. REfill it, something.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Holly as you know I do lots and lots of copics and it should have at least lasted you 6 months even if you used it a lot lot! they don't run out that fast. I think the store sent you a bad one.

I love BG10 for one of my blues bg10 and bg11 with bg00 is a beautiful combination.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

I have BG10 and BG15,,,,,,,I need something in between,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

thank you all for your answers,,,,,,IDK what the chances of them sending me a new one are,,,,with the way people are these days, it wouldn't surprise me if they just thought I was trying to exchange an old one for a new one,,,,,,

my biggest worry is do I refill it and possibly discover I have a bad pen,,,,,or do I just buy a new pen and call it one of those things??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my daughter colored three winnie the poohs about 4 inches each and now my Y35 is dry.

Something is up,,,,,,

and I am NOT happy.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, and I got it TODAY.

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau

where did you get them from, Holly?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to afilatreau

six out of 21 colors now,,,,,I've gone though them all and those six are very streaky when I use the chisel marker,,,,,,

May the Copic Gods forgive me for not going through Rusty at Oozak,,,,,,,but this guy had free shipping for as few as 3 markers,

now I know why.

Amy, I got them at Otakufuel.com,,,,,,

whatever you do, DO NOT SHOP THERE.

If they do not refund my money, heads are going to roll.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am sorry to hear about this Holly. I hope they replace them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

thanks, ,Linda,,,,,I hope so too,,,,,but if I have to buy re-inkers, I have to buy them,,,,

I think the pen is ok,,,,

I kind of wonder if the ink is OLD, and maybe that's why he sells them cheap (3.59 a pen with free shipping)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

You could very well be right about that. Oh well, at least they can be refilled. I do not have any yet. I was thinking of getting a few colors to ink stuff on certain pages like flowers & ribbons etc.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to anda11

They wouldn't be a loss, you could still refill them. But yes, sounds like old inventory or another issue.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hopefully it's just the six I've found,,,,,,

I don't mind buying re-inkers,,but I don't think I can afford 22 of them right now

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Holly, there are 2 really really good stores to buy from for the Copics. One is ******** Blick art supplies--dickblick.com ---and the other is carpediem.com And SB sells them now too.
My DGDs look longing at them but these are the 1 item in my cache that no one but me touches!!!!

Have you tried coloring bling yet....OMG....your little commas will be HAPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

I can't believe I was just censored for the shorted name for Richard--and not rick or rich. Starts with a D and ends with a K. Try this ....D!CK.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Abby0317

NO one touches my Copics. Period.

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
NO one touches my Copics. Period.

Same here! My kids look longingly at them daily and my boyfriend, well, he knows not to touch them if he wants to keep his fingers!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my daughter is almost 20,,,

I'm generous, what can I say??

If she were younger, I'd agree,,,,,,,my grand kids don't DARE.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I received a response from Otakufuel who apologized for the delay, and told me the CS department had been on vacation for 2 weeks,,,,,,,but he would look into it.

and I received this response from Copic,,,,

• Quote:
I am sorry that you are having problems with your Ciao markers. You are correct, in that they should not be drying out this soon. Rest assured that Otakufuel is a very reputable company to purchase markers from. Unfortunately, you are trying to reach them during the week that the company has shut down for a much needed break. They should be back in the office on the 26th.

It is our policy that you receive a replacement from the company that you purchased your markers from. We will then refund them for these markers. Please wait for your reply from Otakufuel, but let me know if you do not hear back from them by the end of next week.

Regards,

Kris

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

sounds like good customer service!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Seaexplore

rusty at oozak is the cheapest!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

so I've heard, Sneezy,,,,,

I have a cart full of 20 more as we speak over there,,,,

I'm waiting only because I didn't know if I'd have to buy re-inkers for those six or if Otakufuel would replace them for me.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

This sounds very hopeful that they will stay behind copics!!! Good luck!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

they shipped them out this morning I am impressed

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

and then I ordered 25 more from Oozak

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

good for you Holly glad it worked out. Don't you kno I went to a crop 3 hours away this weekend. Went to color yesterday afternoon and discovered my skin e000 color was running dry. I didn't get to color all afternoon like I wanted to. I got home tonight and refilled it very quickly I can't believe I didn't think to refill before I left since I had refilled not that long ago

EmahB
EmahB 
Expert
EmahB
  • EmahB on 09-25-11 05:00 PM
In response to Abby0317

I bought one off ebay and it exploded (like an ink pen). I sent it to Copic and they replaced it for me free of charge. No questions or problems! Now that's my kind of service!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to EmahB

I got them they shipped the replacements saturday and I got them TODAY

and as good as the cs was (and it was),,,,I still don't trust to order 25 more,,,,I ordered them from OOzak and he shipped them this morning.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

You will love Rusty he's awesome and if he gets to know you and know what you order if by some chance you hit 2 instead of one he will call and ask you if you really want 2. I've done that once

I love ordering from him and buy as much from him as possible because he's so awesome!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

well, he ships fast, that's all I know LOL.

I ordered Saturday night and he shipped them at like 8 this morning

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Yep and I usually have them in two days!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau

Yep! I love Oozak, it's the only place I buy mine! He always ships super quick and I get them in two days!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

I'm not sure what the climate is like where you are Holly but my local over here won't stock them because Copic willnly give them a 12 month guarentee on the markers. It is very hot and humid for most of the year, but this surprised me. I've never looked at Copics closely enough to see if there is actually a "best before" date marked on them...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Christine19850

the climate depends on the area of the states,,,,I am very hot and humid,,,,but i think where this guy is, it's much more moderate,,,,,,,

TWO DAYS????? yay, then maybe I will get them tomorrow!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my E33 is now dry. (from my first order)

forget it,,,,,,,,I'll order a refill,,,,I am not messing with that guy again.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

I just received my order of a 24 pack of copic from the same place that you used Holly. I'm afraid to open them. I can't decided to send them back and order from Rusty or just keep them. the pack is sealed and cost the same as Rusty. I wish I would have read your post a few hours earlier Holly. What should I do???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mollydog

will it help you to know that of the six he replaced,,,,,

FOUR are dry again??? And I got them on MONDAY,,,,,

additionally, of the ones he did NOT replace, there's an additional 12 now dry or drying,,,,,,

yeah,,,,I hope that helps.

I'm emailing copic tomorrow.

What good is a replacement, if they have the same problem

Of the ones I got from Rusty,,,,,,,,,not a single problem,,,,and we went through every single one.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I've done a brush sample and a chisel tip sample of every copic I have to show Copic how the ones from that man are dry/ing.

and to show the ones from Rusty are nice and juicy and the way a new copic should be,,,,,,

Hopefully, I can get good pictures and send them to copic so they can see the streaking,,,,

I think he sells OLD markers,,,,,maybe the ciao don't sell as fast and he's had them longer than 3 years, IDK,,,,,,but I'll not order a thing from him ever again.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• CommaHolly Said:
I've done a brush sample and a chisel tip sample of every copic I have to show Copic how the ones from that man are dry/ing.

and to show the ones from Rusty are nice and juicy and the way a new copic should be,,,,,,

Hopefully, I can get good pictures and send them to copic so they can see the streaking,,,,

I think he sells OLD markers,,,,,maybe the ciao don't sell as fast and he's had them longer than 3 years, IDK,,,,,,but I'll not order a thing from him ever again.

OMG I can't believe your bad luck. What are the chances

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to CorrieW

Thanks for your help. I contacted the seller to get the mailing addy and told him I will be returning my markers. then I will order from Rusty

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

if they're selling markers older than 3 years old, the chances are pretty good, actually,,,,,

I've ordered 21 from them, and roughly seven are without issues,,,,NONE of the ones I ordered from Oozak or here or ANYWHERE ELSE have issues.

so far. I think I really just want my $$ back and will order from Rusty. I wish they sold the ciao's here,,,,,,but they don't. and I like the ciao's better.

If worse comes to worse and nobody will do any thing,,,,,,,,,then I guess I'll find a Hobby Lobby and refill them,,,I think those with refill stations charge about 1.50 or 2.00 per marker,,,,,I knew I'd have to pay to refill them all eventually,,,,,,,just not within 2 weeks of owning them

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Otakufuel markers By CommaHolly

Otakufuel copics By CommaHolly

Otakufuel copics By CommaHolly

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

I received an email telling me only a few have had problem out of many and to contact copic to prove this. He who protest too much is guilty as sin. I have the addy and will return them on Monday. Hope the refund it not too long the it's on to Rusty. My cart is already filled.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mollydog

a few, huh?

yeah, copic did say that they were a good seller,,,,but I have the markers to prove SOMETHING is wrong.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

now they think I'm scamming them,,,,,,or it's a technique problem,,,,,,,

whatever,,,,,,I guess I'll just go out and buy new ones.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

Holly did you pay by credit card? You could always dispute it. I would tell the vendor you are going to if they don't accept the return because even if you loose it still costs them when you dispute a charge and you would probably win with the CC company since the markers aren't working.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CorrieW

I did pay with a credit card,,,,,,,,might work, IDK,,right now I'm just very very hurt that they say I am scamming them and that I am being "flagged".

I hardly EVER complain about products!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• CommaHolly Said:
I did pay with a credit card,,,,,,,,might work, IDK,,right now I'm just very very hurt that they say I am scamming them and that I am being "flagged".

I hardly EVER complain about products!

Wow this reminds me of papertry, I can't believe they would accuse you of scamming them. As for bing flagged that is such a joke because you will never order from them after this and now a lot of others won't either.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to CorrieW

btw great blog love the new cards

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CorrieW

Holly order some refills from Rusty you are going to need them any way. I have about 80% of my refills bought now and I've boughten over 90% of my markers from Rusty. I love him he's so good about shipping and he's great about getting it out the next day.

I tell everyone about him.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

that's my plan, jane.

The guy is being a bit "nicer" now,,,,,trying to "help me figure out my problem",,yeah at 11:20 at night,,,,,,,,

I just do not get why I am not having any other problems with any one else's markers. It's really confusing.

he said to store them brush tip down,,,,i have heard that it doesn't matter. OK, so I'll do that,,

he says that the ciao's have 1/2 as much ink,,,,,,I heard it was only a LITTLE less ink,,,,,

IDK what to believe

maybe it's my paper,,,,IDK,,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:

THANKS, honey you're too sweet,,,,,,,

btw, the fairy stamp is a digi stamp from here www.dulemba.com (she doesn't sell anything--it's just free coloring pages for kids that many card makers use as digi stamps!)

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• CommaHolly Said:
  • CorrieW Said:

THANKS, honey you're too sweet,,,,,,,

btw, the fairy stamp is a digi stamp from here www.dulemba.com (she doesn't sell anything--it's just free coloring pages for kids that many card makers use as digi stamps!)

Holly, you need to post the emails you recieved.....the ladies here need to know what kind of crapp operation they are, and how they are treating you. Please post them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ScrappyMama6

Hello Holly,

We are not sure exactly what the problem is here, but at this point we can safely say this is definitely either a user error or you’re trying to scam us for free stuff because after 2 rounds of perfect brand new markers – your claims are downright uncanny. (Honestly, we’re sure you don’t know this, but the fact is that even your first claim of 1 “dry” marker that quickly changed to 6 “dry” markers was already extremely odd, as we simply don’t get dry marker claims. We shipped the replacements without comment because Copic told us to and said they would pay for it, but we already suspected it was most likely that user error was involved.) We’ve been working with and selling Copic for a long time and we know this product, in fact we sponsor Copic manga artists (http://mangalessons.com) we’re not some random company you’re working with here, we know our stuff and we pay money out of pocket to support those that use and love Copic. So we know there’s no way this is a Copic marker problem that happened twice, this just doesn’t happen, ever. We also know there’s no way this is an OtakuFuel problem since we literally move thousands upon thousands of these markers every month and Copic products have a 3 year shelf life, so even if we weren’t as busy as we are – Copic markers would still be just fine for their intended use even after 3 years. None of our markers are that old, but even still these colors you received from us were all brand new fresh from Copic markers because they’re super popular, and Copic can verify that we get these colors restocked from them ALL the time. So we can only conclude that you have been misinformed on how Copic works, or you have unrealistic expectations of how these markers perform, or you are using them on a porous surface or some other misuse of this product’s intended use, granting of course that you are being honest and sincere with us in your “drying and streaking” claims. Have you tried looking up online tutorials on how to properly use Copic markers? For example, we have found that the chiseled end is very difficult for coloring in properly and usually does get streaks unless the technique is perfect, however when the brushtip is used in small circular strokes it colors in beautifully. Have a look at this tutorial to see what we mean: http://www.mangalessons.com/how-to-color-and-blen d-with... – this is just an example, since we don’t know what you’re doing with them and what you’re doing wrong, but Copic markers do have specific techniques that work best because they’re special markers, not just some random $1 ink marker from Rite Aid. ^_~

Holly, we want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are simply misusing the product, so let’s work on this together and figure out what it is that you’re doing that’s giving you problems. Copic (cc’ed on this email) will be back in the office on Monday and they can help you go over your techniques to figure out what it is that you’re doing wrong so you can figure out if either you can use these for what you bought them for correctly, or that Copic simply isn’t the right product for you for what you want it to do and take it from there on what Copic might be willing to offer you – our policy as stated both on our website and on eBay is that we do not accept returns on used products, and we additionally do not accept returns of individual Copic markers even if you claimed you hadn’t used them because of their “open unsealed even when new” condition - that is how we have always protected our individual Copic marker stock so that we can say with 100% assuredness that our individual Copic markers are 100% new and have never been used. At this point we know that it’s impossible that you got a manufacturer defect twice (though it’s up to Copic if they want to continue to give you free new markers) and it’s equally impossible that you got some old or used product from us so by process of elimination there are only 2 other options of what’s going on here and of course we want to believe you’re being honest with us and help you out so you can start to enjoy these wonderful markers you purchased! We know first hand that Copic really are wonderful markers and if used properly we are sure you will be very happy with them since everybody loves Copic markers. ^__^

that's one of them,,,,,,,the other is about the same,,,,,,,,

either I'm lying and trying to cheat them,,,

or I'm a nitwit and don't know how to use copics,,,,,

the only thing I think I could be doing wrong is my paper,,,,,

so I'm going to try and change that and see if it makes a difference,,,,,

shrugs,,,,,,i don't even care any more.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

Wow Holly I can't believe they actually came out and acused you of scamming them. Reminds me of the saying that you can fix alot of things but you can't fix stupid.

Either this vendor has bad/old stock or copic has a quality problem. Either way I know I won't be ordering from them. Thanks for the warning.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Holly Caio's only have 1 oz less of ink I've used some of my caio's over a year and still have ink in them. This place is a joke. I would fight with my credit card and show them the sheet you made. If you need me to tell them how much I've used my caio's I'd be happy to let them know that these are dry markers.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

That's so weird Holly. I've had Copic Ciaos for over 2 years now, in tropical Singapore and in Australia which is a dry heat. The only one I've needed to refill was my clear pen.

The only way I can imagine the pens drying out is if you don't click the caps back on properly. But if the identical replacement pens that you got from Rusty are not drying out with the same use, then it has to be a defective batch. None of them have cracked plastic have they? Or cracked caps? Are the pens the same as the new ones from Rusty?

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That is the most unprofessional response I've ever read. I am actually shocked that they even cc'd Copic on that letter, I'm sure Copic will not be happy the way they treated you. I would absolutely dispute those charges with my CC company, but also respond to that letter how you are going to spread the word about their horrible customer service. I'd let them know about several scrapbooking/card making message boards you are on and word of mouth IS powerful!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrapsaholic

I think that's what shocks me the most,

THIS is customer service?????????

I can't imagine sb.com saying anything NEAR that!!!!

well,,,,,,just because something is cheap doesn't mean you should buy it there,,,,,,good customer service is priceless!

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

ok, I did it.I mailed my markers back today and they should be there by Wed. After I get my refund I will order from Rusty. My cart is ready to go and I can't wait. Thx Holly

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to mollydog

I got this today
babydixie,

Hello again, If you have been speaking with someone named Holly about dried out markers, COPIC the manufacturer and us at OtakuFuel have been working to resolve her issues. It appears that she is just very inexperienced and was layering too much with lighter colors. If her markers were old/dried out - the nibs would have been gummie and sticky not running out of ink and leaving streaks. I hope you will re-consider your return request and have faith in our company to provide you with quality materials for your work/hobby. =D
Please let me know if I can assist you further.

- otakufuel

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• CommaHolly Said:
  • CorrieW Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

if they're selling markers older than 3 years old, the chances are pretty good, actually,,,,,

I've ordered 21 from them, and roughly seven are without issues,,,,NONE of the ones I ordered from Oozak or here or ANYWHERE ELSE have issues.

so far. I think I really just want my $$ back and will order from Rusty. I wish they sold the ciao's here,,,,,,but they don't. and I like the ciao's better.

If worse comes to worse and nobody will do any thing,,,,,,,,,then I guess I'll find a Hobby Lobby and refill them,,,I think those with refill stations charge about 1.50 or 2.00 per marker,,,,,I knew I'd have to pay to refill them all eventually,,,,,,,just not within 2 weeks of owning them

Uh, we have the Ciao's here, if we're the Here you were referring to....

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

If I recall correctly, the Ciao's have 1.5cc's of ink, and the Sketch has 2.5-3cc's. But it still took me forever to fill my first Ciao.

And my first tries would *definitely* have fallen under inexperience.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

All I can say is . . . wow.

Even if you were using them incorrectly (which we know you weren't) for them to speak to you that way is unbelievable!! I mean, really, it's customer service 101 - don't call the customer a liar/thief or an idiot. Gah!

Otakufuel - noted on my list of companies to NEVER do business with. Jerks.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 10-03-11 12:47 PM
In response to kelseymel

I would be interested to hear Megan's take on the emails Holly received from Otakufuel

Ann - did you reference Holly in any of your emails with them regarding the return? I find it highly unprofessional for them to "name" her in an email that was not addressed to her.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mollydog

• mollydog Said:
I got this today
babydixie,

Hello again, If you have been speaking with someone named Holly about dried out markers, COPIC the manufacturer and us at OtakuFuel have been working to resolve her issues. It appears that she is just very inexperienced and was layering too much with lighter colors. If her markers were old/dried out - the nibs would have been gummie and sticky not running out of ink and leaving streaks. I hope you will re-consider your return request and have faith in our company to provide you with quality materials for your work/hobby. =D
Please let me know if I can assist you further.

- otakufuel

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Wow.
Maybe I'm not understanding the chain of events here... If I understand it, you (mollydog/babydixie) ordered Copics from the same place, but after hearing of Holly's problems, decided to return them, unopened?

Then the company referred to Holly in its correspondence with you?

Did that come out of the blue, or had you mentioned Holly to them first? I CANNOT believe a company would reference another customer!

I am so blown away at how awful this company appears.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

Jinx! Juggy.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 10-03-11 12:59 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

When a nib of a marker gunks up it's most likley to be caused by the paper the marker is used on, not through the drying out process.

If the ink is streaky or bleacked out in places then I check the ink.

I had an order of several hundred markers dry out once due to overheating during transport. It dried out the markers gently and evenly before they even got to the distributor.

Of the markers we had only two were sticky and gluey on the tip. We surmised they had been closer to the heat source then the rest.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to Juggy

• Juggy Said:
I would be interested to hear Megan's take on the emails Holly received from Otakufuel

Ann - did you reference Holly in any of your emails with them regarding the return? I find it highly unprofessional for them to "name" her in an email that was not addressed to her.

This is my initial email with Holly not even mentioned.
Dear otakufuel,

I would like to return my copic set of 24 as others who have bought from you have had markers dry out in a matter if days. These markers are still wrapped. I would like a return address to send them to . thanks

- babydixie
I would never mention Holly's name.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to mollydog

WOW!!! They are on my list of NEVER purchasing from them!!!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mollydog

• mollydog Said:
  • Juggy Said:

This is my initial email with Holly not even mentioned.
Dear otakufuel,

I would like to return my copic set of 24 as others who have bought from you have had markers dry out in a matter if days. These markers are still wrapped. I would like a return address to send them to . thanks

- babydixie
I would never mention Holly's name.

I figured you probably didn't.

I CANNOT believe a company would do that.

I have to imagine that Holly is NOT the only person who has had issues ...

Wow, just wow! Poor Holly... slandered by idiot-customer-service-co pic-selling-company!

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 10-03-11 04:10 PM

Wow ... Ann - thanks for posting that. I am seriously sitting here with my jaw on the floor at the audicity of that company.

Wow!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juggy

Keep your emails that way Holly has ammunition!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

oh holySPIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE JERKS!!!!!!!!!

and btw, that's NOT what "WE" decided!!!!!!

THEY decided I was using the "wrong" paper!

• Quote:

When the nibs go white and dry it is because of use. If there was a problem with the markers drying out, then the tips would get dark and gummy as the alcohol evaporates.

I'd say she is just using them more than she thinks...which is particularly true with light colors.

I wonder what paper she is using? If it is that heavy 120# Gina K. paper then the markers won't last long when trying to evenly soak the paper. Personally, I think she needs to switch to a thinner paper. And, ciao run out faster than sketch.

APPARENTLY they are extremely UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CommaHolly on 10-03-11 05:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Megan, you have ciaos?????

I swear I only saw the sketch's!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't know whether to be angry as heck,,,,,,,,,

or laugh my butt off!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Ann,,,,,I hope you get your money back,,,,,,they refused to give me mine back,,,,

I fretted about it for days until DH told me just to stop,,,,,,,buy refills,,,,,,at least they CAN be refilled.

and he's right,,they are no longer worth my time.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Holly- I hope at the VERY least you blast them on your blog and on ebay! (did you get the pens from ebay?)

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 10-03-11 05:16 PM

If you can get enough people together with a simular issue then you might be able to get them to conceed.

It took me two months to get a refund from my marker company. They argued product damaged in shipping was not coverd.

However my company had shipped the product when they knew it was damaged. So they had to conceed.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Seaexplore

Keep blasting them every where you can they don't deserve anyone's business.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, I intend on quite the blog post tomorrow when I have a chance to calm down!

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau

Holly,

Have you checked your PM's. I sent you one a couple of days ago that I think you should check out.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

yanno what,,,,,,,,,,,I'm awful about PM's,,,I haven't checked

will do! Sorry Amy

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau

No problem! I figured you just probably didn't realize you had one!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Apparently others have had problems with Otakufuel,,,,

they have received used merchandise instead of new,,,,

they have received insulting emails when they protested,,,,,

they were then accused of scamming the company,,,,,,

and threatened with banning.

thanks to those people who pointed this review out to me,,,,,,,

sounds familiar, eh?

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/OtakuFuel

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 10-03-11 06:07 PM
In response to Abby0317

Has it been determined yet .. Is Copic the company somehow associated with this company?

Like cricut machine and the popular ebay seller proud parent?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Juggy

Not sure they are that close,,,,,but Copic defends and recommends them,,,,and they email frequently and apparently have been talking about me,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

for example,,,,,,

the woman that I emailed at Copic when I originally had a problem is Kris Decker,,,,

she responded and told me not to worry, they were a great company,,,,,

later on, in an email where Otakufuel was insulting me,,,,,,Kris Decker was CC'd,,,,,

so obviously, they are well aquainted.

IDK,,,,I'm not upset with copic,,,I love my copics,,,,and I do think Kris tried to help me,,,,,

she just believes them. shrugs.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 10-03-11 06:30 PM

Perhaps Copics cuts them slack because they know they are dealing their dry products ..

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Juggy

I think it's more likely that they do a large business with them,,,,

My husband thinks they're not rotating porduct,,,,,if they got low, I might have received markers that were old, because they just kept adding new markers to the top,,,,,or something like that,,,,

or maybe it's all me and my paper sucks,,,,,,,

but their customer service is far worse than my paper/.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Wow! Something about actually seeing the response they sent to you just gives me chills. What kind of business would EVER speak to a client in that manner. I'd be sending a copy to the President/Chairman of their company asking what kind of customer service department they're running there anyway! They have certainly made my "Do Not Order From..." list! (And I do seriously keep one!)

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dwelch

I keep one to and will never order from them....especially after the great great customer service I get from Rusty.

I'm glad I found him and not this rip off company.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog

I received another email saying they processed returns twice a week. I will wait til friday for my money to be credited to my paypal account. If not I will protest to paypal and let them fight it out. This was a set of 24 still wrapped.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to mollydog

Wow, after reading the review online, this is a company to stay away from!!!!! Sounds VERY much like your problem!!! Interesting that so many customers are trying to scam them!!!!! DO NOT ORDER list!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics