Username Post: Quickutz Revolution?        (Topic#1565437)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

Got one? Got any/heard any pros or cons? I've got a few dies (4x4) that I can't use because I don't have one. That puts a crimp in my style and provides me with a useless item that I can't use. (Don't ask why I got these when I don't have a Revolution. It involves Ambien.) I can get a machine off evilbay, but I just wondered if there were any opinions here.

I have the Squeeze (works on 2x2). I also have a Cuttlebug. Would that work on Revolution dies? If so, what sandwich??

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to meezerpleaser

Use your Cuttlebug.

Use this sandwich:
A bottom
C
Die
Paper (face down)
B

and cut.

Edited by sbartist on 10-12-11 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh, Ambien, how I love you. You help me sleep and make morning discoveries so interesting.

I think my next album will be: "Scrapping With Ambien." I'll have to install a monitoring camera or stop motion photography system, so I scrap exciting photos of me as I'm involved in random Ambien adventures such as packing my suitcases with lunchmeat and hiding valuables in the freezer...

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to designguyKORY

The old Revolution works great. Bonus if you can get a decently priced 12" platform also to use the big border dies. The Revolution was a really nice machine; magnetic platform and just heavy enough to be sturdy. It's been replaced with the Epic and I would not recommend that machine. It does have some perks (don't have to buy a separate 12" platform, accepts the newer, wider dies)but I personally do not like it. It feels flimsy and the platform isn't magnetic so the dies can slide around, which is a problem if you cut small pieces of paper to fit the die.

basketgirl
Resident
basketgirl
In response to *jesse*

I really like my revolution!! It is nice and sturdy! The magnetic surface is a great feature! It would be a good buy of ev*lbay.
Katie

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to basketgirl

I love my Revolution with the large platform. I think that the Epic was a total failure for QK.

I use my electric Big Shot with the 12or 14" platform. Since I have that machine I have found that I use my dies so much more. I just love it.

I was told my Sizzix that they have replace the electric Big Shot with the Tim Holtz electric Vagabon.
I have heard great things about the Vagabon.

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to creater1

Another Revolution lover here. No drawbacks that I can find.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to Judes4

If anyone is looking for a 12" platform w/cutting pad, let me know. My machine bit the dust and I am not replacing it. So I have a Revolution case and platform that I would like to sell.

Edited by sbartist on 10-20-11 06:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

teriishere
Veteran
teriishere
In response to sbartist

I'm a Revolution junkie. I have a Big Shot, too, but the Revolution is on my desk at all times. It takes up such little room.
I use it with most of my Spellbinders and PTI dies, too!

Teri

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to teriishere

I have a Revolution and I like mine as well. You can get them really cheap now.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 10-23-11 01:49 PM

I have had mine for several years and love it.(I dont have the Epic as it came out after mine.)I like that it is sturdy has that cute case and is easy to use.I have alot of the 4x4 dies and they are the perfect size for my los Plus my 2nd grade daughter/ teacher likes me to cut ALOT of the shapes for her class.If you get one you won't regret it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics