Username Post: Spelling mistake in Christmas collection        (Topic#1566239)
chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken

Just looking at the Minds Eye Lost and Found collection- I am pretty sure December is spelt wrong (Decemeber)on the die cut sheet with the calendar die cut. How on earth do I fix it? I really wanted to use it on my cards but don't want a spelling mistake!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to chile_chicken

Ooops.

You already own this or are contemplating purchasing it?

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to kelseymel

I have ordered it (from a local supplier as I am in New Zealand) and am waitng for it to arrive. Was looking at the ideas using this product link and noticed that something didn't look quite right! I might ring them when they open and see if I can get a refund- I would use all the other pieces though.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

Definately a spelling mistake. I would check with them to ensure the actual sheets are spelled correctly, they could have had a misprint on the sample sheet.

Good Luck and let us know your outcome!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

I wouldn't cancel the order. You could print something in a similar font and adhere it right over the top.

I'd at least email the company about it, though.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

Classic!!!

It's misspelled in one place, but is correct in another.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to uruvero

• uruvero Said:
Definately a spelling mistake. I would check with them to ensure the actual sheets are spelled correctly, they could have had a misprint on the sample sheet.

Good Luck and let us know your outcome!

It looks to be product-wide. The examples of projects with this ALL have the error.
I find it funny that people used the product and didn't notice it.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yes, there are heaps of Christmas card examples on here with the spelling mistake- I don't want to tell them though! Might email the company later on today and let them know.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I would email the company!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Sneezy1956

I commented on MME's facebook page - I'll let you know if they respond.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Here Kitty

Ugh, that would keep me from buying it altogether. In the past I've had to mess around to remove errant apostrophes from rub-ons, and another time I had to cover a section of a map paper on which the compass rose had east and west in the wrong places (I had ordered it online and couldn't see the error in the online preview).

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Ugh, that would keep me from buying it altogether. In the past I've had to mess around to remove errant apostrophes from rub-ons, and another time I had to cover a section of a map paper on which the compass rose had east and west in the wrong places (I had ordered it online and couldn't see the error in the online preview).

I agree. I wouldn't order/buy it.
But, if someone already has it, what would you do?
I would probably try to print "December" on the same color paper and cover the error.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Bxr-Linda

I would make the layout highlighting the error. That is too funny.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to 950nancy

Thanks, I commented on thier FB page and emailed them so I hope I get a response.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Oh MY! Well this is in my wish list as well as some of the Websters, guess I just made a decision thanks to you! Too bad I like that paper too. I can't believe how many people have used it and didn't notice. DUH.

Is there a way you can us it and make fun of it...like a child did it? Hmmmm.....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • aquabunny Said:

I agree. I wouldn't order/buy it.
But, if someone already has it, what would you do?
I would probably try to print "December" on the same color paper and cover the error.

I agree, I'd try to cover it with something - either another sticker or embellishment that says December, or one of my own devising, or, if it came to it, just hiding that bit under the edge of a photo or piece of layered paper.

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to aquabunny

This is funny. I have that sheet but have not used it yet & didn't notice until you brought it to my attention. DUH. I love that line, I will probably use it anyway, I wonder how many people would notice?

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to aschlegel06

LOL - Ooops - someone at MME made a boo boo!! I would definitely contact the company. If you have ordered it - I would wait to see if what comes in is a corrected version and if not - I would contact them again. I'm sure that they will send you a new product. Please let us know how it comes in!! as well as what the company does.

thanks!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to SmartyPants

I have not had any response as yet from the company either by emial or via their facebook page. Since I emailed them on the 2nd November I would have expected a reply by now.

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

I would embellish it like some of the others have suggested. Or perhaps you could just use DEC.

Clarisa

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to 1Heart

I'm really surprised that you haven't heard back - you know that they are aware of the problem. That's a pretty expensive problem for them I'm sure!!! When I looked at their site showcasing the papers - it's on there with the mistake!!

hope you hear back soon!! Crossing my fingers for you!!

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to 1Heart

Someone didn't have their coffee when reviewing this at MME!!! LOL You could add a little poinsetta embellishment right over the extra letter.... may actually look great!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

• chile_chicken Said:
Thanks, I commented on thier FB page and emailed them so I hope I get a response.

I was actually going to buy the collection anyway but with the way they are handling this I probably will just pass it by.

I'm commenting on the same thread, I posted just above you. It isn't like they could have missed all 5 posts especially since I tagged them in it... Frustrating! I'm sorry they are ignoring you as well.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Just realised I spelt their wrong in my post, ha ha! But that is slightly more forgiving then mis-spelling something in a whole collection that lots of people use.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

The company responded to the issue on their Facebook page on Friday the 11th, with a plan to replace the sheet for people who purchased the misspelled version.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

Along the same line, someone else just pointed this one out to me. "Pet's rule" ??

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Bxr-Linda

.......unless the pets make the rules in the home!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
.......unless the pets make the rules in the home!

I guess you are correct.

My Pet's rule is to be fed on command.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Bxr-Linda

Gosh you gave me a small panic attack. I just bought a pet line to do a puppy scrapbook for my kids for christmas. At first glance your post looked just like what I bought, luckily it wasn't.
Whew!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to jaxxan

pet's rules (at least in my house)

pet me
love me
validate my existence

(and don't make stupid grammatical errors that make you look like idiots )

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to madmatter

glad to see that they are replacing it!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to madmatter

On a related note, did the misspelling on the Quarter Note Cricut cartridge ever get resolved?

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to aquabunny

After reading this thread I ran into my scrap area and pulled out my sheet....yep, there it is...mispelled! I was thinking of doing the same thing that Tammy suggested by placing a poinsetta right about it to cover the boo boo...
SO how would one go about getting the sheet replaced?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Scrapkaty

I'm at work and can't get to their Facebook page. I'm assuming the post on their Facebook page can still be read even if you don't have a Facebook account.

Alternatively, quickly Googling "my mind's eye december replacement" brought their blog up as the first result, specifically a post about the replacement program. So there's that.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Along the same line, someone else jut pointed this one out to me. "Pet's rule" ??

*groan*

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:
Along the same line, someone else just pointed this one out to me. "Pet's rule" ??

*groan*

I know.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Scrapkaty

• Scrapkaty Said:
After reading this thread I ran into my scrap area and pulled out my sheet....yep, there it is...mispelled! I was thinking of doing the same thing that Tammy suggested by placing a poinsetta right about it to cover the boo boo...
SO how would one go about getting the sheet replaced?

From MME's fb page...

• Quote:
To our Friends,

Many of you have noticed the misspelling of "December" on the bracket die cut in the Lost & Found Christmas Accessory Sheet. We know how frustrating this error can be to those of you who wanted to use this piece.

If you purchased the Accessory sheet, we would like to send you a replacement piece for free (the piece with the misspelled word). Please send an email to: [email protected] and provide us your name, mailing address, email address and the store you purchased the accessory sheet from.

We anticipate being able to ship the replacement piece to you mid-December.

Thank you for your support of our company. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Your friends at My Mind's Eye

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics