Username Post: What's your newest favorite right now?        (Topic#1566529)
Resident

Hi all,

I love buying and trying new items and tools. I just recently bought the Doodle Twine. I know it's been around awhile but I just used it in a few layouts and absolutely love it. So very cute on buttons and tied around cardstock with a bow. There are so many colors to choose...LOL!

What's your new, favorite thing you have tried recently?

Happy Scrapping!
Products Referenced in This Post:

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to stvmom2

Mine newest thing I tried is Flock!! It is Awesome!!!

Edited by debby_westbrook on 11-07-11 05:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to debby_westbrook

I have a bunch of new favorites, however none of them have been used yet. Many are stacked in bags in my scraproom. I need to get my scrappin' mojo back.

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to debby_westbrook

my new favorite is grungeboard/paper. I love the textue and it so much easier to work with than chipboard! I wish I would have tried it sooner!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Chefs Wifey

Love my Grand Caliber spellbinders. I use it a lot, want more dies.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Mother Goose

mud puddles ... so much fun, so easy, and so cool-looking

I love the new sea glass ones

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
mud puddles ... so much fun, so easy, and so cool-looking

I love the new sea glass ones

What are mud puddles?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-07-11 10:51 PM

Mudpuddles are fun, I used the sea glass on a card recently (don't ask me to link it, I'm on my phone right now, but it's in my gallery at the top, with all the seashells).

My newest fave is Iced Spruce Distress Ink!! And I have a TON of other new supplies I haven't been able to try yet so they'll probably each be a fave-of-the-day as I get back into scrapping this weekend.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to stick

I have been adding feathers to lots of my crafting,,But I am also ready to use my Doodle Twine I got for my Birthday and the Martha Stewart score board.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to armygirl

DH just got me a vagabond so I have been using that to pieces lately even though die cutting is a staple, having a new machine us great fun!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to MrsAnnieS

mud puddles come in little jars in lots of different textures ... beach, sand, snow, pebbles, sea glass (my faves)

they already have the adhesive in them and you just apply it with a popsicle stick or frosting spatula ... they take about an hour to dry and add such a beautiful effect to your projects.

I especially like to use them on chipboard and grungeboard.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to madmatter

the thing I want to conquor most is the rosette. I would like to make one that looks nice. I keep trying but they all look like a first grader made it. Try, try, again. I say.

Thing is I bet the first grader could do a better job. If worse comes to worse I'll buy TH's Sizzix die for the rosette.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to stvmom2

I've been LOVING my eCraft! I was on the fence for so long about it, but I finally bit the bullet a month ago and bought. So far I'm really enjoying using it...I thought I would use it more for intricate cutting, but I'm using it even for simple shapes, especially circles - no more measuring my nesties to see if I have just the right size and shape...

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to papermouse

Right now I'm loving kraft paper. I've been using it on everything lately.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to DesiLee

I, too, am in LOVE with doodle twine.

And now I must go find some mud puddles.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kelseymel

My new Tim Holtz distressing inks for fall and christmas.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Sneezy1956

On my "must-try" list is Mud Puddles and the Twine......right now tho, I am collecting and using all the wonderful Thickers out there! Obsessed with them now, they make title work SO stinking easy!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to DesiLee

• DesiLee Said:
Right now I'm loving kraft paper. I've been using it on everything lately.

Oops, forgot about this, Im using it more too! I have to be careful or Ill use it on every page!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to ScrappyMama6

I just got some of the Jillibean corrugated shapes. I know they're not "new", but they're new to me and I'm looking forward to using them.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to *jesse*

I'm a bit behind in times, but I just fell in love with "stickles". I don't know why I waited so long to use them. But after reading your posts I've definitely have to find out what "Mud Puddles" are.... could be my next new love.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to bbarthej

I love butterfly stamps and masks.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bbarthej

I've recently discovered Japanese Washi Tape and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I was always struggling with attaching ribbon to my layouts and cards. I hated the look of staples, and gluing was such a mess. This paper tape looks just like ribbon - any color, any pattern - and has removable adhesive already on it (and no backing to remove). I can't praise this product enough.

MorningGloryScrapper
Veteran
MorningGloryScrapper
In response to bbarthej

Well, I've had a cricut for about 2 years now, but it mostly sat on a shelf. I recently re-organized so I can have the cricut set up full time right next to me and now I am using it like crazy. I've fallen back in love with it and I've worn out two cutting mats in the few months since I've moved it.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to MorningGloryScrapper

• MorningGloryScrapper Said:
Well, I've had a cricut for about 2 years now, but it mostly sat on a shelf. I recently re-organized so I can have the cricut set up full time right next to me and now I am using it like crazy. I've fallen back in love with it and I've worn out two cutting mats in the few months since I've moved it.

Yaaah! I just moved into a new room too and have a "Cricut Station" where I can more easily access mine...hoping I will get more use out of it now too!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to ScrappyMama6

I just got a Quickutz squeeze and several dies.
The prices have come WAY down and I have really been enjoying it.
16 cards I recently made...

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to bbarthej

I love the new Basically Bare chipboard albums...They have a little bit of everything in each album! Lots of fun. Loving Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die and cannot resist using Tattered Angels glimmer mist on EVERYTHING!!!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to blondey040300

Perfect Pearls.....I never got the hang of stickles but I LOVE Perfect Pearls and Pearls Pens by I think Viva....

I am loving Skitles.....domed clear dew drops type of things. I got a bunch on Ebay and Love them.

AND my cricut. I was not using it enough and now that I have the Gypsy to weld titles, it magic for me.

Also I found a program called Photility that lets you make collage prints really easy so you don't have to pay extra to have them printed. I print 2 or 4 pics on a 4x6 photo and I get them printed for 10 cents each instead of $0.89. It's a free program too. LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH.

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to dwelch

I have never heard of Japanenese Washi Tape? Where do you buy it? Is it on a roll or dispenser of some kind?

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to reneeann

I too love the liquid pearls...I don't know mud puddles.

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom
In response to bbarthej

I have a few faves even though I have been shopping more than making projects. So... what I have been buying crazy is reinkers (to make my own mist), twine and new paper. Paper is always my fave/my obsession and there are a lot of new collections out now. I am also obsessed with kraft paper and the color combos, gray and yellow and pink and torquoise. I can't get enough of any of those right now. I can't wait to start creating again to play with all this stuff.

Chefs Wifey
Expert
Chefs Wifey
In response to Ms. Mom

Oh I think I am gonna have to try mud puddles!!!

I have been using my cuttlebug a lot more now that I think about it. I have been really getting into the new sizzix dies that have recently come out.

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles

I am using Kraft paper like crazy right now, and I have recently discovered the Tim Holtz distress inks which I love. I'm also using a lot of ribbon and buttons for my holiday cards and using my Cricut much more than I have in the past 5 years.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to scrapinsmiles

crackle paint

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to runzalot81

I did a search hear at the store and what came up for Mud Puddles with a three pack same color family Bazille Paper, Is that right?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to reneeann

• reneeann Said:
I did a search hear at the store and what came up for Mud Puddles with a three pack same color family Bazille Paper, Is that right?

I did that too.

I'm guessing perhaps the superstore here doesn't carry Mudd Puddles?

I Google searched it, and found something.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-10-11 11:00 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

No, superstore does not carry it.

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to stick

We used too. Sadly, the manufacturer lost his distribution process. We can no longer get it. I think most people are getting it directly from consumer shows. I'd LOVE to carry it again!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to TriciaH

Tricia. Thanks!

I was wondering where it's available. I've never seen it --not that I've been looking either

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to bbarthej

Jesse, your Rottie looks like my Diesel boy!!

LOVE ROTTIES!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to love4scrappin85

Oh man, now I feel like I need some mud puddles.. lol

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to DesiLee

After a 3 day crop this past weekend.....I have a new love. COPIC SPICA markers......Love them. Just enough spakle to add life to just about anything.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to bbarthej

If yu love the Stickles you should try the liquid pearls, those are so cool too!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Ms. Mom

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bbarthej

I bought 3 sets of 5 or 6 colors each in the new Twinkling H2O's - can't wait to try them. I bought them in Portland in September and haven't been home since then except for 1 day - we were out of the country for nearly 3 months. But, I think I'm going to love them (anyone else tried them?).

Also bought the fall and winter distress sets (The Tim Holtz things) and haven't been hope to open them yet. Can't wait to play with those either!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:
After a 3 day crop this past weekend.....I have a new love. COPIC SPICA markers......Love them. Just enough spakle to add life to just about anything.

I love this pen!!!! I have 3 or 4 of the clear ones.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Luvmyfam

My SMASH BOOK! Just got it yesterday and already planning to get another while shopping tomorrow.
[It's the little things in life that make me happy!]

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics