Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: EPIC Fail Scrapbook.com        (Topic#1567749)
hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

DH was all set to order from my wishlist here on scrapbook.com. We were just waiting for a free shipping day because shipping prices to Michigan are astronomical! Here it is two weeks until Christmas and DH has to scramble for a new plan because so far Free Shipping hasn't been the Deal of the Day in December and now we're not sure that the order would make it here before Christmas!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Sorry you're disappointed.
However, sb.com doesn't have a guarantee that there will be a free shipping day every month, so it's not like they have cheated you or anything. Since you already know what you're getting, it's probably not a huge deal that it may not get to you b4 Christmas.....just sayin'

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tinacome

If you want it by Christmas, i would just bite the bullet and pay the shipping. I hate paying Shipping but sometimes I have to.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Henri Jean

You've got to be kidding me. Seriously!?!?!?

They do not HAVE to do anything. Suck it up and pay the shipping or spend the gas driving around to every J's, M's, and LSS around you to piece together the stuff you're wanting.

Gee whiz. Greedy much?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to angie girl

Wow! Feeling entitled much? Suck it up and pay the shipping. DANG!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to Seaexplore

Sorry Girls to againt the prevailing grain....but I too am a bargain hunter (maybe greed on my part or addiction for more scrap stuff but I'm on the less than fortunate side so I get it) and can appreciate the post about feeling disappointed about not having a free ship day so far this month. Many times I have wanted to order from here and ended up shopping elsewhere for precisely this reason....their loss!!! I DO appreciate the site and ALL it offers...it's GrEaT! Just wish it offered more free shipping days.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
DH was all set to order from my wishlist here on scrapbook.com. We were just waiting for a free shipping day because shipping prices to Michigan are astronomical! Here it is two weeks until Christmas and DH has to scramble for a new plan because so far Free Shipping hasn't been the Deal of the Day in December and now we're not sure that the order would make it here before Christmas!

I feel for you!!! I live in Michigan.... I honestly think shipping is bad everywhere... You might have to pay the shipping if you want it before Christmas. I read in one of the posts a while back that they usually have a free shipping once a month... I'm kinda surprised that they haven't had one because of the Holiday. Good Luck and I hope you get your goodies before Christmas!!!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to debby_westbrook

My dh usually gets me a sb.com giftcard so I can shop at my leisure and get whatever bargains and shipping rates I want/can.

I agree that the shipping keeps me from shopping here on a whim...I found something this morning that I would seriously order instantly, but the cost of shipping would be about the same price as the item and I'm not going to do that.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-11-11 08:46 AM
In response to justowen

I'm a SERIOUS bargain hunter as well, and shipping costs disappoint me, too -- but sometimes you just have to pay it if you want the stuff. The idea that sb.com is SUPPOSED to have free shipping is surprising. The fact that they do have it sometimes is very nice on their part and I'm grateful when I can take advantage of it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

Maybe sb.c should have consulted you first before giving us these fabulous 12-days-of-Christmas deals

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Luvmyfam

Wow, people here are sure quick to judge.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

I totally agree with you!!! I won't say what came to mind about some of the responses...
The poor Lady didn't say free shipping was expected, She was hoping it would be offered and when it wasn't, she was dissapointed...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

I totally agree with you!!! I won't say what came to mind about some of the responses...
The poor Lady didn't say free shipping was expected, She was hoping it would be offered and when it wasn't, she was dissapointed...

She also said that because it hadn't been offerred yet, her DH has to come up with a new plan for her Christmas shopping. That hints towards expectation to me.

Shipping costs are not going to disappear or go down, ladies. I've read stories in the business pages where UPS is expected to raise their rates at least 4% next year. The USPS is talking about cutting services to save money (and somehow I also think rates are going to be hiked to boot).

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm completely baffled that someone would post such a thing.

I'd expect something like this from my 9 year old. No, wait. He has better manners.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

She also said that because it hadn't been offerred yet, her DH has to come up with a new plan for her Christmas shopping. That hints towards expectation to me.

Shipping costs are not going to disappear or go down, ladies. I've read stories in the business pages where UPS is expected to raise their rates at least 4% next year. The USPS is talking about cutting services to save money (and somehow I also think rates are going to be hiked to boot).

You are so right about the shipping costs.. I just don't understand attacking her because she stated her disappointment.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I think it was a counter-attack. I understand the OP's disappointment, but I read her statement as an attack on SB.C. It's kind of like walking into someone's house, telling them you don't like their gift(s), and then stomping out. Not cool.

Plus, disappointment can only exist if there is first an expectation.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-11-11 10:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Because criticizing this site for not giving something away seems more than a little ungrateful and entitled? Because someone's egg nog went bad before the use by date? Maybe because she set the tone with "EPIC Fail" which is pretty judgemental. Perhaps she would have gotten nods of commiseration if she had actually said "I'm sad that SB.com hasn't offered free shipping yet" and nothing else. Because someone played a prank and that chocolate fudge is actually reindeer poop? Maybe it's because they did have free shipping within the past couple of weeks and she gambled that perhaps a better deal would come along and she lost and now she's upset.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Excellent point, Liz. Had the title been "I'm sad that sb.c hasn't offered free shipping yet," I totally would have commiserated. I could have jumped on board and said, "I would love that, too!". It was the "EPIC Fail" that set the tone of expectation for me.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

You are so right about the shipping costs.. I just don't understand attacking her because she stated her disappointment.

Maybe I wouldn't have been so harsh if her title wasn't even more harsh than what I said. With a title like that she may as well have written "thanks for ruining my Christmas sb.c" in the body of the post, because that's exactly the tone that it set off for me (and others, too, so I'm obviously not the only one that took it that way).

No one is attacking anyone. Everyone has their own opinions, and it's mine that expecting free shipping is greedy. Shipping is expensive these days. For a website (not just this one) to have awesome sales and then offer free shipping is expecting way too much. Does anyone not get that sb.c (or any web based store) has to AT LEAST break even, if not profit a little bit.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

If the OP was THAT worried about paying shipping, there's a banner at the top that says "instant delivery email gift certificates, no shipping costs"...

Maybe her DH should take advantage of that and she can shop to her hearts content when they have that sale next..but then don't expect to also get really great cheap deals like the 12 days of Christmas ones. No retailer can slash cost of product AND eat shipping costs.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

I understand the frustration with shipping. I don't expect it, but I definitely give my business to sites that don't charge shipping. The last time I ordered from here, I needed things and couldn't wait for a free shipping day to come around. It cost $12 to ship my small order and it took almost 2 weeks to arrive. Love & appreciate the free shipping days!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to *jesse*

I only order on free shipping days. I just wait (impatiently) for those to happen. I think free shipping was the final special last year; I can't remember for sure. I would wait and just get it when it came. If it was for someone else I would probably pay for the shipping.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Ok, you do realize that the 12 days aren't over, right? And that tomorrow's deal did NOT have a sneak peek, and that they often have a free shipping deal during the 12 days....??? I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a shopping cart all ready to go with $50+ that's getting ordered tomorrow - regardless of tomorrow's deal of the day. And I'm ordering things in there that I'm using to make Christmas presents - that I then have to send across the country (granted, I'm ordering albums and am already working on the pages).

And while I do agree that s/h here is high, I think it's in poor taste to criticize the company (on their free forums) when you played the odds that there would be a free shipping day during the time your dh wanted to shop for you. I totally understand not wanting to pay lots in s/h and going elsewhere if you can find what you want.

I played the odds too - I guessed that one of the mystery days would be free shipping (or that the one day with the album sale would include the albums I needed - didn't happen). So, I'm ordering tomorrow. And if it doesn't come in time for me to send it out in time for Christmas, then that's my fault for playing the odds and not shopping somewhere else earlier. Granted, the other sites didn't have all the products I wanted in one place and I would've had to pay 2x or 3x shipping, but that's beside the point.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

OK, I feel like this needs to be said...

First of all, who is anyone to say she isn't entitled? Maybe she had a bad year? Maybe she lost her job? You don't know.

She had hope that there would be free shipping and if there wasn't, her DH was going to use the $ for something else. Why does it need to be anything but?

I'll be honest, if there is free shipping, I'll place an order!

Also, we should be sticking up for each other, not driving a wedge! Geez! This IS the season for caring and giving.

Stop this nonsense!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:

I'd expect something like this from my 9 year old. No, wait. He has better manners.

My 9 year old knows to look for a bargain whenever possible...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

There was a daily special that I really wanted. I agreed ( when I checked out( to pay the shipping costs. The shipping cost more than the item but it was still a better deal than what I could have purchased locally. There are other stores that offer free shipping right now so perhaps she could check those for the items she wanted. I try to budget my craft $$ knowing it will include shipping and taxes. I do not expect anything free and when it is offered I take advantage. Sad though that this post became such an adversarial one. Happy crafting to all of you on the site. There have been years in my family where we all had a wish list, but we got nothing from it so we could pay medical bills. I was not angry because of the "failure"... I was blessed to know that my health was getting back on track.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

Shipping to Michigan can be over $10 and that's on a small purchase. So glad that other people are ready to throw their money away on shipping. BUT, scrapbook.com does usually have a free shipping day every month! I'd rather wait and spend that $10 on something substantial.

Sorry I've offended so many people who don't understand a good bargain!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Shipping to Michigan can be over $10 and that's on a small purchase. So glad that other people are ready to throw their money away on shipping. BUT, scrapbook.com does usually have a free shipping day every month! I'd rather wait and spend that $10 on something substantial.

I totally understand a good bargain BUT:

1. I challenge you to add the stuff to your cart right NOW (I bet some of them are on a GREAT special right now) to see how much it comes to WITH the cheapest shipping. Write that down somewhere where you don't forget you put it.

2. Then when free shipping day comes around, because it will if we are patient and not demanding for it to be right now, add the EXACT same stuff to your cart and see how much it comes to when you buy it at that time. I bet it's within a few dollars of option number 1 because the prices will not be as nice but you will be paying shipping.

3. Then, after free shipping day, when you come back here to post that you could have had it sooner for the price of giving up a starbucks or big mac meal, and now you're sad again because you waited to save only a nominal amount, we'll ask you again if it was worth waiting for.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • kelseymel Said:

My 9 year old knows to look for a bargain whenever possible...

I think everyone knows to look for a bargain, it isn't rocket science.

That wasn't my point. My point is, simply, don't be rude.

To whine like a 2 year old on a public forum (which is paid for by the very company she's whining about) is poor form.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

• angie girl Said:

1. I challenge you to add the stuff to your cart right NOW (I bet some of them are on a GREAT special right now) to see how much it comes to WITH the cheapest shipping. Write that down somewhere where you don't forget you put it.

2. Then when free shipping day comes around, because it will if we are patient and not demanding for it to be right now, add the EXACT same stuff to your cart and see how much it comes to when you buy it at that time. I bet it's within a few dollars of option number 1 because the prices will not be as nice but you will be paying shipping.

3. Then, after free shipping day, when you come back here to post that you could have had it sooner for the price of giving up a starbucks or big mac meal, and now you're sad again because you waited to save only a nominal amount, we'll ask you again if it was worth waiting for.

Just for kicks, I went to my cart here, which has $732. in it (I always seem to start out like this and then have to whittle it down to a couple hundred) and proceeded to check-out to see if I would save enough to make paying shipping worth it now (With all the savings you're saying is going on now I had hoped I'd save something decent.....NOT)

It showed that with the promotional offers I was entitled to save a whopping $1.44 (yes, one dollar and forty four cents) and my shipping would be $46.66!!! So based on that premise....I'd say unless you are specifically wanting the items on special which most I'm either not interested in or already have or think it's not a good price even at sb.com's 20%-30% off....compared to another place I cannot name where I can routinely get them on sale AND usually with Free Shipping, it's not gonna help without free S/H.

I admire your defending this site....but remember it IS a business and we're the customers....and IF you would like to see MORE free shipping days we need to let them know we would shop here more often and most likely spend more too...which would make them more money in the long run. IF they want to extract more $$$ out of MY pocket, they should be willing as a few other scrap sites with some of the same amenities as this one does, offer free shipping much more routinely especially when spending over $50. an order, which is the least I usually spend....more like $150. average. I've purchased over $1,900. worth of merchandise here in ten orders. I paid the S/H on almost every one since I very seldom get a notice of when they are having the free shipping day.

The original price point here on most items are on the higher side in my opinion and the sales are generally not so good, so to "offer" free S/H once a month is in my opinion the least they can do...to do for us AND them, because they have got to be getting more orders on those days....no doubt! I love the vast selection here, but often they are out of at least 15%-20% of what I want to order which makes it even more frustrating, knowing that if I want the items in the future...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a free S/H day or pony up and pay for shipping again.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to kygirlnfla

i think everyone needs to pipe down at christmas time, regardless. just saying

SMILE its the HAPPIEST TIME OF THE YEAR! lol

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to love4scrappin85

• love4scrappin85 Said:
i think everyone needs to pipe down at christmas time, regardless. just saying

SMILE its the HAPPIEST TIME OF THE YEAR! lol

Hey Kristen...you're right...so with that said, I'm done giving my opinion on this subject!

Happy Holidays to those who don't Believe and Merry Christmas to those who do~

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I'm not trying to attack. I have an academic question re/shipping and what you consider a "small" purchase.

I also live in MI. To me, a "small" purchase is about ten to twenty dollars.... and even twenty starts to feel purty big, depending on quantity of items in my cart. For that amount, I average six, seven bucks for shipping. Personally, I'm willing to pay that. It's not the 1.25 I spent on a nine dollar order for something wholly unrelated to this, but it's livable for me.

So, what are the numbers that the OP is coming up with?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• kygirlnfla Said:

Just for kicks, I went to my cart here, which has $732. in it (I always seem to start out like this and then have to whittle it down to a couple hundred) and proceeded to check-out to see if I would save enough to make paying shipping worth it now (With all the savings you're saying is going on now I had hoped I'd save something decent.....NOT)

It showed that with the promotional offers I was entitled to save a whopping $1.44 (yes, one dollar and forty four cents) and my shipping would be $46.66!!! So based on that premise....I'd say unless you are specifically wanting the items on special, which most I'm either not interested in or already have or think it's not a good price even at sb.com's 30% off....compared to another place I cannot name where I can routinely get them on sale AND usually with Free Shipping.

I admire your defending this site....but remember it IS a business and we're the customers....and IF you would like to see MORE free shipping days we need to let them know we would shop here more often and most likely spend more too...which would make them more money in the long run. IF they want to extract more $$$ out of MY pocket, they should be willing as a few other scrap sites with some of the same amenities as this one does, offer free shipping much more routinely especially when spending over $50. an order, which is the least I usually spend....more like $150. average. I've purchased over $1,900. worth of merchandise here in ten orders. I paid the S/H on almost every one since I very seldom get a notice of when they are having the free shipping day.

The original price point here on most items are on the higher side in my opinion and the sales are generally not so good, so to "offer" free S/H once a month is in my opinion the least they can do...to do for us AND them, because they have got to be getting more orders on those days....no doubt! I love the vast selection here, but often they are out of at least 15%-20% of what I want to order which makes it even more frustrating, knowing that if I want the items in the future...I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a free S/H day or pony up and pay for shipping again.

This is why I love people and getting perspectives on topics. I read that you whittle down, and kudos to you for being able to decide on all that whittling! My perspective, I can't fathom even racking up $125.00 at one go.

Love you for making me smile at the possibilities!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to MommaSaid

@Momma Said, I know your question was directed to the op, but I would like to answer. When I was fairly new to the site, I did not know much about the order policies here. I placed a sizable order and a day later I realized I forgot to add a bottle of stickles. To ship the stickles, the lowest amount was I believe $5 and some change. The likelihood of a person only needing one thing shipped is probably slim, but an oversight can occur. I am more familiar with the policies and know I can make an adjustment.

I am not going to comment on whether the OP or ANY ONE'S opinion was rude or not. That's not my business or my concern. I know I have expressed my frustrations here regarding shipping.Shipping to the mid-west is expensive. It would be nice if there were shipping rates like other sites (e.g. offer flat rate or free shipping after a person spends x amount of dollars). However, SB usually has what I want and I cannot find it locally or online anywhere else and they do not offer this at this time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Seems that some are getting a little unhappy with this thread. I read over and over what I wrote and I hope nothing is aimed at my comment.

If so, I am sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude to the OP, just stating that I love it when there is free shipping, but when there isn't, I sometimes have to bit the bullet. Especially if I want things there Christmas morning.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• kygirlnfla Said:

You make excellent points and I do agree with you that we are the customers and we should make our wants/needs/expectations known. Imagine, however, that you are running a store and there are two groups of customers and each want a different special service offerred. Both groups are great customers in the sense that whenever a member of each group comes in, the sale is a "good" one and all group members come in often. Group A writes a politely worded note praising the shop and mentions that the shopping experience would be improved if you did blah blah blah. They are polite, they are respectful, it is pleasant to read their constructive criticism.

Group B, on the other hand, routinely walk in and stand in the middle of the check out area and loudly demands that you do yada yada yada for them. Their tone is not polite, and the words they use can be pretty disparaging and even derogatory towards the store. Usually there is a group of other shoppers in the store while they are wailing about how you should offer this particular service just because they want it.

Which group would you rather go the extra mile for?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I think it is awesome that scrapbook.com offers free shipping days sometimes, but if I order when they don't have free shipping, to me I'm not throwing my money away. I just didn't get lucky enough to land on a free shipping day!

Every business has to make a profit. And we benefit from their profits with these awsome boards! So if I end up contributing a dollar or two extra now and then by paying shipping to keep up these boards, I get my value in entertainment and friendship. If they don't make a profit they can't keep offering these boards to us.

And if you forgot to add an item to your order, you can call them a day or two later if the order isn't processed yet and they are happy to add it so you don't have additional shipping. I've done that before. The really bend over backwards to work with us.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • kygirlnfla Said:

You make excellent points and I do agree with you that we are the customers and we should make our wants/needs/expectations known. Imagine, however, that you are running a store and there are two groups of customers and each want a different special service offerred. Both groups are great customers in the sense that whenever a member of each group comes in, the sale is a "good" one and all group members come in often. Group A writes a politely worded note praising the shop and mentions that the shopping experience would be improved if you did blah blah blah. They are polite, they are respectful, it is pleasant to read their constructive criticism.

Group B, on the other hand, routinely walk in and stand in the middle of the check out area and loudly demands that you do yada yada yada for them. Their tone is not polite, and the words they use can be pretty disparaging and even derogatory towards the store. Usually there is a group of other shoppers in the store while they are wailing about how you should offer this particular service just because they want it.

Which group would you rather go the extra mile for?

Well shoot, I DID say that I was done posting my opinion on this subject, but since this looks like it's directed primarily to me, I just have to defend my words.

I understand your approach...first you appear agreeable and then the zinger...diplomacy, you got it down! I suppose I am a bit rough around the edges and not so graceful especially about something I am passonate about...like removing money from my pocket for S/H. Sorry about that!

Most other sites I scrap shop from I am offered free S/H routinely when it's over $35. or $50. I would be happy if the policy was Free Shipping on all orders over $100. I thought I made it fairly respectfully clear in my post that the free S/H Days here has got to be GOOD for both the customer AND the business. I realize that they are under no obligation to "give" us a break on the shipping but have pretty regularly once a month done so...but EVERY business does SOMETHING...especially these days to help bring in business.

I really wasn't thinking that Jill would be reading this, but since you're implying she will, Jill, I apologize for my uncouthness and just know, that I really love this site and appreciate all the effort and energy you and the staff...and neighbors put into it to make it the best scrap site in the WORLD...and I hope I didn't tick you off and screw up your plans to (please, please, please) have a FREE S/H Day tomorrow (it's not for me, I've already unloaded my wallet elsewhere this month)...and sorry neighbors if I ruined it for you too~

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

Dude, you should try living in Canada. Shipping starts at about $30 and we never get a free shipping day. I think $10 is a total bargin!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This is another can of worms, but I like what you said about free shipping over $100.00. Lots of sites have free shipping when you purchase over a certain amount and that makes it good for the purchaser and good for the company.

It doesn't help them to sell a $5.00 item and pay more than that to ship it to the purchaser or consumer. But if they put a limit on it, like $50.00 or $75.00 or $100.00 and did it more often, that would get my vote.

I can see why they don't do it often if it covers small purchases. That's when they loose money. I can live with free shipping for a purchase with a set minium amount - I get that at some other sites so I just keep adding to my cart until I reach the magic number for free shipping.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

Yes, I totally agree Henri Jean that the amount one spends to get "free" shipping should be upwards of $50. and even $100. wouldn't be too much for many which is what I usually send when I shop anyway. I understand that they have to make it worth their while. Here's a suggestion: Free Shipping over $50. and if you put at least $150. in your cart, you may take 20% off your highest priced item as well. I'd go for that at least every other month...."IF" I were notified in the email newsletter (in the subject box...nice friendly...hint, hint, hint) that they were having a Free S/H Day and I "KNEW" about it. Usually it slips by and I get word that they just had one....grrrr!!! I know it must be a lot of work gathering up all the papers and bits and bobs for our orders and carefully boxing it up so we get it safe and sound and I thank you Scrapbook.com from the bottom of my heart~

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to amandahugandkiss

I swear... This is more drama the a full episode of Days of Our Lives!!

Amazing...

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

Well, we ARE here for your entertainment Kristen....hope the diversion is helping...lol!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Gotta to go take a shower and take the leftover chili and put it in something. Really tired tonight. Don't know why.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

• amandahugandkiss Said:
Dude, you should try living in Canada. Shipping starts at about $30 and we never get a free shipping day. I think $10 is a total bargin!!!

This!

Plus the duty when Canadian customs deems us "special"

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

That is a very good point - all of you in Canada and around the world really have high shipping. When sites have free shipping days, I wondered if that included Canada.

I've heard from friends in Australia that shipping and handling makes ordering almost cost prohibitive from the United States. And free shipping days does not apply to them either.

Edited by Henri Jean on 12-11-11 08:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Canada has good health care and great maternity leave. My Canadian neighbor even got paid monthly for having children. I think it is 6 of one half dozen of the other. If shipping pays for me to be entertained on these boards, I say keep ordering ladies!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to 950nancy

I laughed when I read the OP. Yup, I'm in Australia. Shipping starts at $31 and we never get the free shipping deal.

But I'm not complaining - I love this site. IT doesn't cost us, and they have to cover their costs somehow.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Canada has good health care and great maternity leave. My Canadian neighbor even got paid monthly for having children. I think it is 6 of one half dozen of the other. If shipping pays for me to be entertained on these boards, I say keep ordering ladies!

We sure do And I will keep on ordering lol!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Wham Bam, theres your free Shipping!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85

&& Thank you for the entertainment, LOL!

PS. it is NOT helping... Days of Our Lives isn't helping either.. of course, I wasn't ever into that ********-ola.. Sbook.com days of our lives is more entertaining! wahahahaha

PPS. Don't get mad at the 9 month pregnant lady! She's just here to entertain HERSELF because she's going insane with insomnia and wants to have her child NOW. k thanks

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Anddddd....my order is placed.

Hmmm....but 4/5 items in my cart went OFF sale since I placed them there. Dang!

Expert

I agree henri...I tried to write the same idea last night, but when I wrote it...it didn't sound as eloquent. So I didnt post it...Thanks for getting my idea across.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• kygirlnfla Said:

Well shoot, I DID say that I was done posting my opinion on this subject, but since this looks like it's directed primarily to me, I just have to defend my words.

I understand your approach...first you appear agreeable and then the zinger...diplomacy, you got it down! I suppose I am a bit rough around the edges and not so graceful especially about something I am passonate about...like removing money from my pocket for S/H. Sorry about that!

My bad. The only part that is primarily directed at you is the part where I said that I agreed with you. I wasn't clear. The hypothetical was directed towards everyone because the two things I was taking away from the arguements being made were a) it's ok to voice an opinion bashing the company but it's not ok to voice an opinion saying that bashing the company on a forum they provide for us to chat on and b) we, the customer, are always right, no matter how impolite we demand something to be given to us because we're the customer darnit and they're just the business.

It's ok, you can't be 9 kinds of awesome like me. I admire your passion, i'm just equally passionate about the entitled attitudes that customers wear at times because I've been on the receiving end of that attitude too many times. It tends to take the fun out of retail for me.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude

*pointing toward the top of the page*
Well looky there...
Free shipping.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Hey Jude

Looks like a Grinch virus has hit this thread....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to t-scraps

Well, look at that, three free shipping days in a row now. Wish I knew what I was getting for Christmas as there's no way I can get to $50 with the stuff I've added to my wish list since the previous free shipping day (I gave my husband the heads-up for November's free-ship day, but I don't know what he got).

Edit: Well, let me rephrase. I totally COULD get to $50, if half the stuff I want wasn't out of stock...

Edited by aquabunny on 12-12-11 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to aquabunny

Enjoy your free shipping folks!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Thank You Jill....you really pulled through for us and THREE Days of FREE S/H no less....WooHoo!!!

You ARE the Scrapbook QUEEN!!!

I just may have to check my hiding spots and come up with the $50. to get some MORE patterned papers to add to my overflowing collection...one can never have too much scrappy goodness~

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to ALL

chickynikki35
New Kid On the Block
chickynikki35

Today they have free shipping on orders over $50 OR 12% off you total order. Don't understand where the complaint is coming from. Even if you don't use the free shipping 12% off should save you enough money to cover shipping.

OOPS should have read the whole thread 1st. SORRY

Edited by chickynikki35 on 12-12-11 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to chickynikki35

Amanda (the OP Amanda), I hope you feel bad for attacking sb.c. I hope you learned some patience.

Guru

• amandahugandkiss Said:

I feel for you!! I live in the US and had to send something to England the other day and it cost me just shy of $30 and the package was about 3lb. I couldn't believe how much international postage has gone up!!! The postal clerk said that everything international gets shipped via air now. The same size box/weight would have been over $100 via UPS

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ihacodb

Yeah for Scrapbook.com. Now I'm going to have to wander back over there and find $50 worth of stuff I can't live without and I don't want or need a thing. But I'm sure I can find a few things. Soon as the shipping special goes off I'll think of things I need! I can always count on that.

That you scrapbook.com!

Expert

Same here Henri! I wandered through and found somethings I think I need...and was shocked when the total said $90+!!! Turns out that was with shipping, but I did some trimming and now am just trying to decide if I really NEED to order, or just want to because it's free shipping! I will be annoyed if one of the higher priced items (that I didn't know I needed until I found it...) I put in and took out of my basket is not available at Archivers--because I'd rather get it there with a 30% coupon and get other goodies that I can't find at HL or A's or my LSS...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

It's easy to get that total up there! I don't order as often as many do, but when I do, its serious.

You are so lucky to have an Archivers. I had one in Atlanta and I miss it becuase there isn't one anywhere near me in Florida.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 12-14-11 06:27 AM

I never factored in the cost of gas and the time it takes to hit my three local stores. That is a good point. I do very much appreciate this site and ordered once and was very impressed with the whole process, including the speed in which I got my order and the price was very good. It made me feel like I was supporting this site. I wouldn't even know how to USE anything if it weren't for this site and it's tutorials, links, forum members and gallery. Really, this site has given me so much, even friends!

To the OP, I think it would have been better if you had said this in private to someone at SB.com. JMHO

Barbara

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to Lunie

No Archivers for us.. in PA I was 2 hours away from one, and it was on the way to see my mom.. Sucks down here in FL.

Have to order all scrappy goodness online.. I've considered opening a LSS because of that - theres only one in our area.. But as far as I've heard, she's not doing so well... sooo is it really necessary?

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 12-14-11 01:49 PM
In response to *jesse*

WoW...$12 dollars? I would love to pay that for shipping, but since I am in Canada, shipping is a bit more, but I ain't complaining, because it arrives on time, and I absolutely love the products here

Edited by joogz on 12-14-11 01:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to joogz

Yeah, I'm in Canada too and shipping is always over $20. This last order was $28. for shipping and they've been snagging me for duty on top of that (usually around $20.)....almost makes it not worth it!
The only problem is, my LSS doesn't carry all the lines that SB.com does......

Alison

Ok, re-read this and it sounds very negative. Didn't mean it like that....I actually love the fact that there is such a huge selection on here and I'm willing to pay for the shipping. I don't actually think they charge more for shipping than most other places...it's just a cost of ordering on-line, IMO.....

Edited by kiyawinn on 12-14-11 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
I never factored in the cost of gas and the time it takes to hit my three local stores. That is a good point. I do very much appreciate this site and ordered once and was very impressed with the whole process, including the speed in which I got my order and the price was very good. It made me feel like I was supporting this site. I wouldn't even know how to USE anything if it weren't for this site and it's tutorials, links, forum members and gallery. Really, this site has given me so much, even friends!

To the OP, I think it would have been better if you had said this in private to someone at SB.com. JMHO

Barbara

EXACTLY!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Very well said Barbara!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:

Barbara

THIS!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to Luvmyfam

I see we're STILL at it...eh? The whole point of the forum is to be able to share our ideas, questions & concerns, give props and vent....hopefully without coming under attack.

I just re-read the OP's "concern" and it didn't seem so crazy a statement. Who was she supposed to say this to other than her "friends" and members here in the neighborhood? Let's just rejoice that it all worked out in the end and be done with it...

...oh, btw I scraped together some $$$ and was able to partake in the "Free S/H" offer this time too....woohoo!!! Had carts filled in two other scrap sites offering Free S/H as well, but chose this one as it's been nine months since I've ordered from here because I kept missing the random free s/h day. Yes, I'm frugal...so shoot me...lol!

Merry Christmas to ME...thanks sb.com!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• kygirlnfla Said:
I see we're STILL at it...eh? The whole point of the forum is to be able to share our ideas, questions & concerns, give props and vent....hopefully without coming under attack.

That's exactly what I saw happening here.

Many people disagreed with the tone of this, and shared their opinions.

When you post something in a public forum, you can expect that NOT everyone is going to agree with you.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

I LIKE FREE SHIPPING! I will wait to place an order until it or a very reduced rate is offered for most orders.

I haven't been on here in a while and with all the mean comments left on this thread, I am reminded why I have quit checking in.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SoonerT

I thought the whole purpose of this site was to be able to learn to scrapbook/card make, etc,,and to promote the products of the store??

silly me.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to CommaHolly

I'm not promoting anyplace else, I am just saying that I like free shipping.

I was going to say and forgot....

If there is any kind of a discount option, I will use that and consider it as getting shipping free if it is equal to the shipping cost.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
If there is any kind of a discount option, I will use that and consider it as getting shipping free if it is equal to the shipping cost.

This is exactly what I do. When the Deal of the Day interests me I get it plus some other stuff. The "deal" usually cancels out the shipping completely.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to kelseymel

Yes, in most cases, 15% - 20% off will come close to shipping cost. I do this with Penneys all the time.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SoonerT

everyone likes free shipping

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I don't think anyone was being chastised for saying they like free shipping.

Berating scrapbook.com -"EPIC fail" --because free shipping was not offered when someone wanted/expected it, is harsh and unnecessary.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• CommaHolly Said:
everyone likes free shipping

well.... I like cheese

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-15-11 09:54 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

ESPECIALLY cheese with free shipping! Just as good as getting a scrappy package with free shipping

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Bxr-Linda

Me, too and there is several different varieties in our lounge today.

I agree that it isn't a fail on sb.com but 'we' didn't have to be so harsh.

As for entitlement and all that goes with it, don't get me started

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to SoonerT

I think the "harshness" was a knee-jerk reaction to the blatant rudeness of the thread title.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SoonerT

I believe I AM entitled to cheese... with free shipping!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I think the "harshness" was a knee-jerk reaction to the blatant rudeness of the thread title.

yes, EXACTLY!

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • kelseymel Said:

yes, EXACTLY!

I agree too---although I was starting to get nervous after I placed my order last week because I was worried it would get here after Christmas...not because I needed it for Cmas gifts...but DH will be home the week between Cmas and New Years...and what DH doesn't need to know about certain UPS deliveries...! But my order will be here Tuesday (provided no snowstorms pop up between Arizona & Iowa this weekend!)

(OK that sounds kind of bad, but really it's not...)

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Mine should be here by Tuesday too...although the last couple orders from here have come a day before the expected date. Not confident that will happen this time with the Christmas season, but I can hope! I'm going to have to quick throw my gift lo's in the albums that I ordered and ship them out that Tues/Wed and hope that it makes it to my family by Christmas. Errr....cutting it SUPER close!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to scraprabbit

Alright....I'll concede, I suppose the "Title" to the post was a little over the top....but she must have been stressing I'm guessing and for that, I'll cut her a brake because afterall....we are talking about getting our scrappy needs met and she didn't want them to come too late.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

point taken!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85

no more entertainment.. I'm on 3 week lock down until I have this baby... LOL ;(

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• HuskerMom98 Said:

I was starting to get nervous after I placed my order last week because I was worried it would get here after Christmas...not because I needed it for Cmas gifts...but DH will be home the week between Cmas and New Years...and what DH doesn't need to know about certain UPS deliveries...!

(OK that sounds kind of bad, but really it's not...)

No, it really is. There's a mentality on this forum that it's okay for us to hide our purchases from our partners but equally okay for us to be furious about our partners hiding purchases from us, and it's a terrible double standard. If it's money two people share, then neither person should be doing anything with it they have to hide. If the money is one of the partners' personal savings and not part of the household pool, then neither person should feel they have to hide what they do with it.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to aquabunny

My husband always finds out about my purchases.........................eventually.

Now, I can agree with the knee jerk reaction but it really does sound like she had high hopes, you know, free shipping does mean MORE scrappy goodness, right?

HuskerMom, the weather folk here in OK are saying that we probably will not have any snow between now and Christmas.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to SoonerT

We don't hide anything from each other, but we don't discuss every purchase we make either. I don't really care how many boxes of ammo he orders and he could give a rat's patootie how many ink pads I have.

He came into my scrap area (formerly known as the dining room) a few weeks ago and said, "Where did all this stuff come from?"

The scrapbook fairy, of course.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to kelseymel

Husband has said very little about all my scrapping and crafting supplies. In fact, he let me buy a Cricut Expression black Friday weekend and he knew that I had two small ones.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

I did sell one of the small ones and the other one is headed for my classroom.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SoonerT

My husband knows about my larger purchses - the Cricut, Gypsy, Scrap Wagon, etc. but he doesn't care about the patterned papers, distress inks and cardstocks. He's a license plate collector and I don't have a clue what most of them cost. When he buys for his personal collection (as opposed to resale which is why most are purchased), he purchases ones of Special Foreces in other countries. They are expensive.

Anyway, was excited about the free shipping days here - I love free shipping days. I went to the Superstore and shopped and shopped - couldn't find a thing I wanted or needed.

My scrappy supply bins are busting at the seams and I have enough supplies to scrap for the next 10 years. I actually gave up looking.

Not the Superstore's fault - I buy from them all the time. Guess that is the problem, just got a big order from them alreayd once or twice in the past month. And I don't want or need any more supplies right now.

When I wnt to Michaels yesterday all I bought was a container to carry my distress inks (had to try it out for size with the inks on the shelf to see how many fit), and a larger handled plastic carrying case to take on the planes for papers I may pick up with traveling.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics