Username Post: What are you doing this weekend?        (Topic#1568827)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

HI dear dear friends! What are you doing this weekend? I am going to get my stuff ready for Tues when I meet my good friend at As to crop. I am quite excited. We go every week or 2 or 3 depending on her health & schedule but we have not gone for 2 months.
Anyone else working on stuff? Crafty? or not? I have to work a bit too.
Raquel, I promise to remember your name.. lol
I wonder if Steph is sick?

mars2005
Veteran
mars2005
In response to anda11

Hello. I am starting off my weekend with a long deserved sister day. my sister and i will have lunch, Hobby Lobby and a movie. i plan on getting Mod Podge to make some picture frames and some chipboard albums to make recipe books. so as you have guessed, that will be my saturday and sunday.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to mars2005

Friday afternoon I'm scrapping with some friends, hope to get some scrapping/room organizing done Sat., Sat. evening a hockey game and then on Sunday afternoon my great-neice is getting baptized. More pics to scrap, lol!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:
Hello. I am starting off my weekend with a long deserved sister day. my sister and i will have lunch, Hobby Lobby and a movie. i plan on getting Mod Podge to make some picture frames and some chipboard albums to make recipe books. so as you have guessed, that will be my saturday and sunday.

Your weekend sounds amazing! I know you & your sis will have fun. I love HL! I used to make things back in the day with that stuff. It is fun.
Are you making these for gifts?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SandraB.

• SandraB. Said:
Friday afternoon I'm scrapping with some friends, hope to get some scrapping/room organizing done Sat., Sat. evening a hockey game and then on Sunday afternoon my great-neice is getting baptized. More pics to scrap, lol!

You have a very busy week end too Sandra. Have fun with your friends. I sure hope you do get your organization stuff done. Enjoy watching your great niece.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mars2005

• mars2005 Said:

I saw your recipe post. I made one. I have most of mine in my gallery. I replied to your thread answering some questions. Feel free to check it out

Expert
In response to anda11

Well...in my house it will be football...it is the playoffs....but I plan on starting some cards. I am very new to cards and haven't got the hang of it yet, but I am going to try.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Well...in my house it will be football...it is the playoffs....but I plan on starting some cards. I am very new to cards and haven't got the hang of it yet, but I am going to try.

Be careful because once you start making them you will be addicted! You will not want to stop making them. : ) I love making them too! Have you checked out the card gallery here? so many incredible ideas in all styles & types. Have fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to anda11

Hmm, let's see...

* composition books
* Alice in Wonderland layouts
* prepping last minute mail & packages
* Bible Study for Monday morning (James)

I think that's it.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to KellyCali

Picking up a new fridge and dishwasher Sat. morning. Office paperwork for our business Sat. afternoon.
Maybe I'll get some scrapping in on Sunday after church....I'm working on setting up a travel journal for our trip to New Zealand.
Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Hmm, let's see...

* compostion books

Hi again Kelly! What is a compo book? Is it one that you recover & decorate the pages like a old book or journal? Maybe you mean those books that have the covers that look like books from back in the day. I think I know now. I know you will have fun doing this.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Picking up a new fridge and dishwasher Sat. morning. Office paperwork for our business Sat. afternoon.
Maybe I'll get some scrapping in on Sunday after church....I'm working on setting up a travel journal for our trip to New Zealand.
Alison

OH Alison, How exciting to be getting new fridge & dishwasher! I hope you will have time to work on your journal. That sounds like fun. I have seen some cool travel journals. I hope you post yours.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
Hmm, let's see...

* composition books

Hi again Kelly! What is a compo book? Is it one that you recover & decorate the pages like a old book or journal? Maybe you mean those books that have the covers that look like books from back in the day. I think I know now. I know you will have fun doing this.

Yep, you got it Linda. I'm making a couple into journals (for a current swap/as well as myself/and a couple of friends = 9 total).

Usually, the book are a basic black, though I've seen them in all sorts of other colors (for a higher price). Last night while shopping, I was lucky enough to find the ones below, which already include a pretty pattern. So hopefully, decorating the fronts will be pretty easy & or minimal.

Decorative compostion books By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Linda, your crop sounds wonderful!

I especially miss weekend cropping & keep telling myself that I will start a group of my own.

Just need to go reserve a spot at our local community center & haven't really gotten around to it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Linda, your crop sounds wonderful!

I especially miss weekend cropping & keep telling myself that I will start a group of my own.

Just need to go reserve a spot at our local community center & haven't really gotten around to it!

Those books look great! I bet they will be easy. You do need to call & crop. I used to crop 2 or 3 times a week. I was in a club that met at 2 different lss every week. They let us crop free. It was great fun for yrs. We had so many stores here. (maybe 15 or more) but most closed. Our finanacial picture changed for awhile so I wasn't able to crop or do much so I left. Now I am able to crop with my friend weekly or monthly depending on her health.

Maria Featon
Tenant
Maria Featon
In response to anda11

Hello newbie here!

I did some pretty hardcore scrapping last weekend and ended up with a sprained neck! Strange but true. I plan to do some more this weekend but will watch my posture and make sure I move around often.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Maria Featon

Wish I was scrapping but this weekend, we are leaving for the 3600 kilometer drive to Florida with our 3 cats (one of them is 19 years old).

It will take 3 or 4 days and it will be stressful but we are going for 2 1/2 months. We come back to Canada on the 21 st of March so leaving Florida on the 17 th of March.

Don't worry ladies, I have a pink cricut expression that is coming with me and an ATG gun but they might not get used as they are staying there for good. I have to go furniture shopping for the condo as all it has now is a couch set, a bed and table. It needs everything including to be painted. It needs everything else. It's going to be crazy but I can't wait.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 01-06-12 06:41 AM
In response to anda11

Decopauging some awesome newspaper articles from last week's Giants game. I did one of them but have three more to do. Also hoping to finish My dd's 1st Love lo. I have until Sunday at 1:00 when the Giants play their first, but hopefully not last post season game of 2011

Barbara

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Lunie

Linda - I always look forward to your weekend posts.

I have the last of the holiday parties tonight and a birthday party tomorrow night. In between, I need to take my tree down and clean my house. I also need to find time to finish my swap items - three more groups to do and they have to be mailed out early next week.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Lunie

No scrapping on Saturday - I have my 7 year old DGS for the day! Not sure about Sunday - could possibly get a little scrapping in.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to prittb

I'm at that point where I don't really have anything scrappy to do - I'm caught up with 2011, and nothing's happened in 2012 yet. (This is NOT a complaint and NOT a request for suggestions of what to do.) Need to take down the Christmas stuff and put away gift bags and boxes, take pictures of the layouts I did last weekend, finish updating my inventory book (did the stamps this week but forgot about my new Spellbinders, was going to add them last night but got wrapped up putting stuff away). Need to find a better way to organize my scraps, or a better way to store my 9 Sizzix storage cases, or both.

I have a lot of stuff I want to buy, some scrapping-related, some not, and while affording it isn't a problem I feel like I should exercise discipline.

Right. Exercise. I hate pants-shopping so the alternative is that I have got to lose some weight, 15 or 20 pounds.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to aquabunny

Today is my day off... yippeee!!! I'm headed out to get a couple of fillings - yuck!! Then right over to 3 stores with scrapbook suppies - Ms, Js, and LSS (yes, I'm very lucky they are in the same strip mall). After that I hope to scrap for about 3 hours before I have to pick up my son from school. Happy Friday everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back! I just came out here to scrap something. I am kinda thinking I will get a new layout started for my crop bag.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Maria Featon

• Maria Featon Said:
Hello newbie here!

I did some pretty hardcore scrapping last weekend and ended up with a sprained neck! Strange but true. I plan to do some more this weekend but will watch my posture and make sure I move around often.

WELCOME Maria! You will love it here! Everyone is so nice! There are so many wonderful layouts, cards, projects in the gallery here. You can save them to your favs here. You can categorize them too. They are saved here not your computer.
IF you are strange, then I am too cause I have been fighting with neck shoulder issues too. Here are some things I do. When I am doing everything but detail work, I try to keep holding my head up straight & look down with your eyes. I also do lots of fussy cutting, paper piecing etc so I try to work on that for maybe 10-15 mins & stop. Go back to working on the rest of the layout. I have put a box on my table before & stood up to scrap. I wasn't looking down as far or bending my neck as far. After you work on other parts -go back to detail work. A good thing for me is too get on here. My monitor is straight ahead, not down.
Glad you are here!

Edited by anda11 on 01-07-12 03:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to PhotobearSam

• PhotobearSam Said:
Wish I was scrapping but this weekend, we are leaving for the 3600 kilometer drive to Florida with our 3 cats (one of them is 19 years old).

It will take 3 or 4 days and it will be stressful but we are going for 2 1/2 months. We come back to Canada on the 21 st of March so leaving Florida on the 17 th of March.

Don't worry ladies, I have a pink cricut expression that is coming with me and an ATG gun but they might not get used as they are staying there for good. I have to go furniture shopping for the condo as all it has now is a couch set, a bed and table. It needs everything including to be painted. It needs everything else. It's going to be crazy but I can't wait.

HI Samantha, Your cat is 19?? WOW I am so happy you are going to be going to FLA. I have always loved car trips. I do hope your cats are able to travel with no problems. It sure will be much warmer than where you are. lol Are you having a condo there for you to stay or are you going to be with relatives? Either one is wonderful. Shopping for stuff for your place can certainly be more fun! Maybe you will have time to use your expression before you come back. I hope you have a very safe trip!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:
Decopauging some awesome newspaper articles from last week's Giants game. I did one of them but have three more to do. Also hoping to finish My dd's 1st Love lo. I have until Sunday at 1:00 when the Giants play their first, but hopefully not last post season game of 2011

Barbara

Hello Barbara, I am glad you will be doing stuff too! I have to say that I never thought to use newspaper articles for sports items other than on the page but it is a fabulous idea. I want to do something too. What are you making?

Expert
In response to Lunie

• Lunie2nz Said:

Barbara

I'm with you ...Hoping the Giants make it further..and ultimately to the Super Bowl! It would make my husband very happy..(and me too). Diehard Giants fans in this house.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:

I have the last of the holiday parties tonight and a birthday party tomorrow night. In between, I need to take my tree down and clean my house. I also need to find time to finish my swap items - three more groups to do and they have to be mailed out early next week.

Thanks Peg! Parties are always great! I cooked beef stew in crock pot yesterday so I I only did dishes today. 3 more groups? Wasn't it you that had 10? YEAH. Good news I got my brakes fixed.

Expert
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • deedee49 Said:

Be careful because once you start making them you will be addicted! You will not want to stop making them. : ) I love making them too! Have you checked out the card gallery here? so many incredible ideas in all styles & types. Have fun!

Uh oh...that's what happened when I started to scrap. I was so against it and then decided to do a book for my daughter's college graduation...from birth to college. Then I was hooked!
I don't know how the card thing will go. I'm not really fussy, so they might look boring, we will see. I just finished a wine card. I'll take a pic of it, but it isn't very intricate or anything.
When you put ribbons and stuff on a card, can they be mailed? How do they do in an envelope? Do they travel well?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
No scrapping on Saturday - I have my 7 year old DGS for the day! Not sure about Sunday - could possibly get a little scrapping in.

Hey Betty! Grandchildren trump scrapping! lol I hope you enjoy your time with him.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I'm at that point where I don't really have anything scrappy to do - I'm caught up with 2011, and nothing's happened in 2012 yet. (This is NOT a complaint and NOT a request for suggestions of what to do.) Need to take down the Christmas stuff and put away gift bags and boxes, take pictures of the layouts I did last weekend, finish updating my inventory book (did the stamps this week but forgot about my new Spellbinders, was going to add them last night but got wrapped up putting stuff away). Need to find a better way to organize my scraps, or a better way to store my 9 Sizzix storage cases, or both.

I have a lot of stuff I want to buy, some scrapping-related, some not, and while affording it isn't a problem I feel like I should exercise discipline.

Right. Exercise. I hate pants-shopping so the alternative is that I have got to lose some weight, 15 or 20 pounds.

Congrats on getting caught up. Enjoy this time getting all of these other things done. YEAH on the new Spellbinders. I love those. I haven't even gotten mine in my book yet. I did get my bigz in my book. You make me want to keep working on my stamps too. I don't blame you for having a list of stuff you want. I am starting to work out again because I need it. I sold all of my exercise equipment because I was tired of it. I tried a kettlebell & I love it. I got it at Wal Mart for 12 bucks. It is pink & came with a dvd. I love it. IT is a quick but very good workout. It does not hurt my back at all. I know I am late to the party but I don't care. Good luck on your losing weight!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mama2Thomas

• Mama2Thomas Said:
Today is my day off... yippeee!!! I'm headed out to get a couple of fillings - yuck!! Then right over to 3 stores with scrapbook suppies - Ms, Js, and LSS (yes, I'm very lucky they are in the same strip mall). After that I hope to scrap for about 3 hours before I have to pick up my son from school. Happy Friday everyone!

Hi Hope, I am sorry you had to get 3 fillings. But I think you deserved to buy lots of scrap stuff as a reward! I sure hope you were able to scrap some before you picked up Thomas.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • deedee49 Said:

Uh oh...that's what happened when I started to scrap. I was so against it and then decided to do a book for my daughter's college graduation...from birth to college. Then I was hooked!
I don't know how the card thing will go. I'm not really fussy, so they might look boring, we will see. I just finished a wine card. I'll take a pic of it, but it isn't very intricate or anything.
When you put ribbons and stuff on a card, can they be mailed? How do they do in an envelope? Do they travel well?

Most of my cards are not fussy at all. I don't usually fussy cut for my cards. Sometimes I might cut out a stamped image but mostly not. I usually just use a stamped image or a die cut or punchie. I like using ribbon. I like using punched or purchased flowers or stickers. (mostly flat) I have not had a problem with ribbon. Sometimes I put a piece of cardstock in the envie over the front of the card. (as protection) I always put my card fronts as they are facing the back of the envie. The machine marks on the fronts. I have been known to make more elaborate or fussy cards for my family. They are not mailed. There is no such thing as a boring card. Any card you make with love is great.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back. I was trying to find a Christmas layout last night. I also was thinking about making another scrappy gift but for my son. I have been perusing all the golf & sports items in the gallery.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • PhotobearSam Said:

HI Samantha, Your cat is 19?? WOW I am so happy you are going to be going to FLA. I have always loved car trips. I do hope your cats are able to travel with no problems. It sure will be much warmer than where you are. lol Are you having a condo there for you to stay or are you going to be with relatives? Either one is wonderful. Shopping for stuff for your place can certainly be more fun! Maybe you will have time to use your expression before you come back. I hope you have a very safe trip!

Yup 19, we lost his littermate/sister in October at 19 years and 2 months. We have him, and 2 more who are 3 and 5. The 3 year old almost drove us crazy today but besides that it was ok.

At a marriot right now that takes cats. Very few places do take them.

Stopped at the Walmart down the street and found a cricut cart I have been wanting forever ( Feeling Groovy!!! )

We are going to be gone for 73 days so lots of furniture shopping for the condo we bought last winter but only had for 1 week before we came home so this will be very new to us.

Anyone on here in the port Charlotte area of Florida?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • pugs223 Said:

Thanks Peg! Parties are always great! I cooked beef stew in crock pot yesterday so I I only did dishes today. 3 more groups? Wasn't it you that had 10? YEAH. Good news I got my brakes fixed.

I only had five groups...4 are done, will do other group tomorrow night.

Yay for new brakes. DH replaced my rear brakes and rotors this weekend, front ones weren't done too long ago. Cost $100 compared to the $700 the tire place quoted for front, back, rotors and calipers...ugh.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics