Username Post: Funny story - how do I scrap it?        (Topic#1576669)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I need ideas on this one. Here's the story:

Last night BIll was getting ready for bed - he always showers, brushes his teeth and uses cologne and deodorant before he goes to bed.

I heard him yell from the bathroom, "I told you to pack light and you packed three deodorants. Mine which is good, your's which is fine but why do we have a third deodorant?"

I told him, "I don't know about the third deodorant, I only packed two. Bring it here."

He brought it in to show me, then took off the cap and started to roll the little ball thing under his armpit to see if he liked the new deodorant. I stopped him before he applied any of it.

Several months ago the doctor told me to wear thigh-high compression stockings on days when I'm going to be walking a bit. THey fall right down unless I use body glue to make them stay in place.

Yes friends, the man was about to apply straight glue to his armpits.

As they kept saying on the last cruise - he only thinks I'm his wife. Actually I'm his keeper!
----

I am going to have a picture of our 3 deodorants and I will put the story with it but what else? It needs something else. Maybe I can get him to pose fo a picture like he's going to use it? I don't know, what else can you think of?

Also - what about title? Elvis did a song and I remember some of the words - "I'm gonna stick like glue because I'm stuck on you" but I'm not sure I want to use that.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Henri Jean

How to keep from volunteering for an assignment? glue your arms down

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mother Goose

That could work!

Expert

take a pic of him with his arms down close to his body.
"don't let this happen to you"
or..."read all directions before using"

Edited by deedee49 on 05-19-12 06:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to deedee49

Men don't read instructions - proof.

That reminds me of the time my FIL brushed his teeth with haemorrhoid cream instead of toothpaste...

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to RedSquirrel UK

What a great story. And it is true: men and instructions do not go well together!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to elsje2

OMG Henri I SO would scrap this!

definitely get him to pose without a shirt, with his arms straight down to his sides but maybe bent out at the elbows like he's trying to raise them

and a title like...

"ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, read the directions!"

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to RedSquirrel UK

This has nothing to do with reading instructions- this has to do with a woman packing the wrong stuff in the wrong bag!

Yes, it's true- tho- we don't read instructions. They're just not necessary when you're this smart.

;-)

-kory

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

"I didn't read the directions.......and now I CAN'T GET MY SHIRT OFF!"

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to CrimsonMama

How about: Avoid stinky pits; glue them shut!

I like the idea of the Reading instruction/directions.
DOes he wear glasses? Maybe do something along the lines of: Warning- before applying ANY product to your body, put on your glasses/check the label.
OR-
Title: Label Fable and do a "once upon a time" theme.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

So funny!

My first thought was the Sugarland song "Stuck Like Glue".

You and me baby we're stuck like glue.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

These are great. Sheryl, you are more on track with the direction I was trying to go with the layout.

I like the idea of BIll with no shirt trying to raise his arms though.

Kory - we have a large ziploc bag which we call the wet bag. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorants, colognes, perfumes, nail polishes, anything that would be messy if it leaked.

So the wet bag is stuff that needs to go in the ziploc and then into another one because the contents of the items are wet or messy.

The toothbrushes are damp if we use them in the morning and then pack immediately and so they go in there too.

There is another bag for prescription meds, one for over-the-counter meds, one for my make up.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla

Henri Jean...you can come up with some doozies (how do you spell that word?)!!!

LOL....this reminds me of the time when I was 17 and I ran away from home, KY to TX. After a couple weeks I called my Mom to use my tax return check that had arrived to get me a plane ticket back home, which she did and then called the local TX police to pick me up to take me to the airport (I was on $zero$), but they took me to juvenile detention instead where I had to spend over a week before they released me and took me to the airport...even though, in TX one was considered an adult at 17 back in 1977.

Anyway...after taking a "group" shower we were offered this little round wet pad on our way out and I assumed it was a Stridex Pad (remember those?) and I started rubbing it on my face....all to the delight of my cellmate who was cracking up at me. Low and behold...it was actually a deoderent pad.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to kygirlnfla

BTW.....How about the Title:
"Roll-on Humor: It's the GLUE that keeps us together"

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to kygirlnfla

A sticky Situation......

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

This is so-o-o funny! It's a good example of the reasoning behind my packing separate His & Her bags of toiletries in our suitcases when traveling. Speaking of songs, do you know the oldie, "My Guy"? Some of the lyrics are as follows:

Nothing you could say
Can tear me away from my guy
Nothing you could do
'Cause I'm stuck like glue to my guy

I'm stickin' to my guy
Like a stamp to a letter
Like the birds of a feather
We stick together
I'm tellin' you from the start
I can't be torn apart from my guy

Now wouldn't that have been something to scrap?!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Ms. Fit

I like the title "Stuck Like Glue"

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pwiswell

I was trying to think of the words to that song and the name! THey sang that in Sister Act which I loved!

I'm looking forward to working on that page.

A lot ahead of it but it will give me something to really look forward to after some of the stuff on my desk to be scrapped. I have to have some really fun pages to get to and this will be one of the fun ones.

And the ghost tour in Key West tomorrow night. That will be a fun one!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics