Username Post: I am so excited I am finally getting a whole room devoted to crafts        (Topic#1577589)
shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse

We live in a four bedroom house and for a while my husband used one of the rooms for his man cave, we had one set up as a guest room and the other was used as a computer /craft/storage room. My DD left her no good low life now ex-husband and moved back home with her two kids about 2 years ago. (She is going back to School full time which I am more the happy to support her in.) We lost the man cave and the guest room. Since we don’t use the main computer much after a small windfall lead to each of us getting our own laptops. We decided to turn that room more into a storage room with a small area set up for storage of my plastercrafts, ceramics and a few other odds and ends for crafts. My paper craft area was set up in a wide area of the hallway(very high traffic area) I have pictures of it in the craftroom section. This past week my 4 yr old DGD (very hyper, very curious and into everything little girl who we can’t turn our back on for 2 sec.) was suppose to be in bed sleeping, snuck out into the hallway, climbed up to a high shelf and got 3 containers of glitter and some glue, took these items back to her room. She poured two of the containers of glitter all over her 2 year old brother and the rest went all over their room. She used the glue on their blankets and her legs. This lead to the decision of getting a storage unit. I can’t wait till it is done. Moving the stuff to the storage unit will take a couple of days and since it will be empty for a bit I will be painting the room before I start the organizing process. It is going to take a week or so before I can do any crafts but it will be worth it. In the time being I have sat a bunch of containers and such in front of the table in the hallway so we don’t have another mishap. I should say this is not the only time she has snuck out. One night she decided her brother wanted some peanut Ice cream topping all over his bed. Then there was the morning she helped herself to the sprinkle cheese in the fridge and she has also done the chocolate syrup all over the kitchen floor. If I told you more of what she has done it would end up being a book. Thank you all for letting me ramble I am just so excited.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to shortmouse

Congrats on getting your own space. It will be great once you get all the work done on it. What's that old saying...all's well that ends well. It sounds like you're proving it's true.

I remember the days of opening a door and finding a huge bag of rabbit food all over a room...or a combination of vaseline (again, up on a high shelf, supposedly out of reach) and a hole in a stuffed toy that was filled with shredded foam. What a mess, but eventually they grow up and face the messes their own little ones make

It sounds like you have a full house and probably need your scrapping time to keep your sanity.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

OMG I can't help but laugh as I remember when my son got into my desk and found my craft paints and decided that the fabric on his chair should be a few different colors and the carpet as well. So more carpet in there, thank goodness for the hardwood floors underneath!! And had to recover the chair! lol

Enjoy your new room!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Congratulations! How exciting for you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am so happy for you! YOu will love it!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to anda11

Congrats!! LOL I hope you got pics of all of her "mishaps" it would make a funny scrapbook for her when she has kids and wants to pull out her hair thanks to their antics

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Congratulations! I too am getting my own space and just started a journal with pictures and notes of my dream studio. Have fun in your new room!!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to theellenbee

I hope you took pictures of the mess before it got cleaned up! What a scrapbook page that would make!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Have a few pics of her mishaps. Her night time episodes don't get recorded as much as the daytime ones.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Congrats on the new space, for me it made all the difference in the world. I have my computer set up for photo editing and printing pictures, as well as my creative table. I love it.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Kimberly Rae

congrats on your craft came

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to cescrapper

Oh you're going to LOVe having a dedicated room! Even though mine is small, I wouldn't trade it for anything. And don't forget a lock! Sounds like you're going to need one.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to dwelch

I'd def invest in a lock for the room, and maybe a kiddie leash for her! LOL! J/K!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to ScrappyMama6

First part is done. Took 5 trips in pick up for all that is going to storage. Also emptied the small room off my laundry room and stored all Christmas decorations. This room will also be the catch all room. If somebody doesn't know were to put something that is where it goes. Next step is going through about 10 containers to decide where they go and then on to painting. Have a lock already on the door and we do put her on a leash when we go places like a zoo or amusement park, we can't keep up with her otherwise.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

ScrappyMama I am sooo jealous. I just heard from my contractor and I have to wait until mid June before he has the time to start. What color are you painting the room? Color scheme? What are musts for you?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yes they do the darnest things when they are little. That will be a great scrapbook when she gets older.

Glad to hear that you are getting a craft room again. It does need its own space. My grand daughter stayed with me for 10 months and she loved to come down in the room when mom or me were in there to see if she could scrap too. The girl loved to create stuff, especially cards. I have a mini scrapper in the future. We gave her her own stuff and she had two mini cubes to get her stuff, but knew that we had to give her the permission to get the stuff out.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to TJCraftyWitch

If you're going to paint, be sure to do it BEFORE you move in! I was waaaaay too anxious and decided I'd leave the painting until later. Guess what - later never comes! There's no way I'm going to move all that scrapping stuff out to paint. And I'm stuck with one ugly wallpaper border that doesn't go with my room AT ALL! Duh...

Expert
In response to dwelch

congrats on the room!
But wow...the story about the glitter made me lol, literally! Amazing what they can get into. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but a great story to tell later.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to deedee49

I am painting the room Lavender (always wanted a purple room) Almost all the shelves and cupboards will be white. Trim and Frames on pictures will also be white. I already have a few items painted lavender so they will blend in. Bought the paint today and have already prepped half the room if everything goes well I will have the first coat on half the room by noon tomorrow. At the time we were pretty mad when she got into the glitter. 10 at night and we are outside shaking off blankets and pillows. But now when we walk out on the deck and see all the glitter in the sunlight we laugh. My husband slept through the whole "mishap" and when he left to go to work he came back in and said he was almost blinded by the sun hitting the glitter.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Lavender - how pretty and very calming. I am looking forward to seeing pictures!!!

Veteran

lucky you!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Noelles mom

Yes you have to post pics in your gallery of your room when you get it done.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My brother and his wife and 2-year old were visiting along with my mother when she decided we would go shopping, with the two year old and give his mother a chance to stay home and rest.

My mom and I thought we could handle a 2-year old. Wrong answer.

He was everywhere - at one point we passed a shoe store and he got away from us and we chased him inside. One lady was sitting in a chair with one of the things they bring to prop up your feet when they put shoes on you. My nephew crawled under her chair and popped up between her legs. Scared her to death.

My mother calmly looked at me and asked, "Where is there a pet store in this mall?" and I showed her, not sure what mom was up to.

She went right in, bought a leash and that child wore it all afternoon.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse

Started painting today. Even with A/C on the heat and humidity is making it rough, it will probably take a bit longer to paint with all the breaks I had to take today. I did get one picture of DGD helping me. http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/366456...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

She is so adorable painting, looks like she was having fun.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics