Username Post: Punches-Check out TJ Maxx        (Topic#1579893)
Resident

I was at TJ Maxx today and found MS Halloween punches for $2.99 and $3.99. Got the spider web single punch and the pumpkin border punch. Also got a MS border punch with hearts. They had several others that I would not use. Great selection.

I got two rolls of the MS paper tapes for 1.99 each and several MS Halloween sticker/embellishment sheets for $1.99.

Happy shopping!

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to stvmom2

I never even knew they sold scrapbooking stuff there, thanks for the heads up!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-21-12 05:54 PM
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Duly noted, I think I can swing by there one night afer work. Thanks!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to stick

Oh wow I guess I will have to check out my TJ Maxx tomorrow and see what they have!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I was there today too and picked up the MS Drippy Goo punch! I thought that one was discontinued a long time ago! I didn't want to pay full price for it but I got it for only $3.99!!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to crazycricut

Someone posted a few weeks ago that they had gotten other MS punches (non-holiday ones). Wonder if they've gotten a second shipment or if these are from the previous batch but just different ones in different stores. I might have to stop again when I pass by on Friday.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to disneylisa

Never can find anything but AmCraft ribbon at my store!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to prittb

I bought several MS and EK punches a few weeks ago from TJ Max. I need to punch a sample to take with me so I don't repeat. Now would be a good time for me to start cataloging my punches.... I think that is fun!!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to prittb

can you explain to the canadian here - is tj maxx the same corporation as marshalls? then our canadian version of marshalls just might have some punches too))
+1 on the AC ribbon - not that i don't like the stuff, but it was in our stores for a looong while. and can you imagine the disappointment when i went across the border, stopped at marshalls to see what you guys have in your stores and - wow - hello AC ribbon! )))

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to OlesyaK.

Yes, Marshalls is the same company as TJMaxx. We found lots of MS and EK Success punches at TJM, both in Durango and Farmington. They are up at the checkout line, not back with the home stuff in the back. Wish I was back in Texas where I could go to lots of TJM and Marshalls stores in San Antonio!! Maybe that's a good thing...I've bought way too many already...LOL Of course, I am buying for Xmas gifts for two granddaughters who scrap. Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

According to Wikipedia, yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Ross are all part of the TJX department store chain. Good luck!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to aquabunny

I too have purchased several EK and a few MS punches from TJ Maxx and I love the deep discounts. Happy shopping.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:
Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

Here's an example of how I catalogued mine. My stamps and Sizzix dies are similarly catalogued.

Inventory Binder - Punches By Aquabunny

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
According to Wikipedia, yes, TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Ross are all part of the TJX department store chain. Good luck!

HomeGoods as well as HomeSense in Canada. Used to work in one many moons ago. Please take notes that you could find scrappy stuff at HomeGoods as well. Usually in the stationery aisle or by the registers, not much but some.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to GIGIGI30

I will have to check that out but not till sept 1st. lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:
Like Wilbur, I need to somehow catalog my punches.

I use 3x5 index cards. (Actually I use my paper trimmer and cut them to 3x4.) I punch a small hole in the top left-hand corner and put a jump ring through it. On each card I do an edge punch and the matching corner punch, if I have it, then write the name of the punch on the card. I keep mine in alphabetical order, but they could be by category or whatever works best for you. I have a few cards that have several of the little $1-type punches—like a footprint/handprint/snowf lake (sorry, I can't take the space out, but guess you figured out it's "snowflake").

I actually have two sets. One goes in my purse since it hardly takes any space. If I see a punch I like, I can quickly pull out my cards and see if I already own the punch. The other set stays on top of my box of punches so I know what I'm scrounging for and also as a reminder of what I have, keeping me from using the same punch over and over simply because it's the one on the top of the pile.~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

Awsome idea Judy!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Cindyckj

Thanks...I only thought of it because I had needed one jump ring, but hubby ran into Mikes for me and bought two for "just in case". I didn't know what to do with the extra one, but it wasn't worth returning it. Then I got an infrequent brain-attack and actually came up with something that works for me. Of course I had to buy another jump ring since I wanted two sets of cards, but I bought the ring myself so I didn't end out with an extra one. ~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

I think I may just take a sheet of paper and punch my borders on it and keep that in my purse. I have quite a few punches but haven't bought any new punches in many years aside from a ms border punch and a circle edge punch. So right now i'm mainly into border punches. But that'll help me keep track!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Cindyckj

I also want to make a couple sets of cards to keep track of my stamps, but I just haven't taken the time to do it yet. As it is, when I buy a duplicate, I give it to one of my daughters. One scraps and the other is a 1st grade teacher, so they both like my lapses of memory ~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Good idea again as I now have so many of those little m's $1 stamps I no longer remember which ones I have. So I quit buying them. lol

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

That is a wonderful idea of how to catalog and keep track of your punches! I am going to have to try that out for sure.

Resident
In response to stvmom2

So excited about these punches! I went to another TJ Maxx today that is a bigger store and close to my daughter's school. Jackpot! Bought 5 more MS punches that are Halloween/Fall themed and an EK punch with a Jack O Lantern face. I also got 2 lg packs of MS Halloween paper for $2.99 each and 2 rolls of Halloween MS washi paper tape. They had tons of MS Halloween brads. I got three packs at $1.49 each. So happy I decided to stop there at the last minute.

This store had a lot of the MS Halloween scrapping stuff displayed w Halloween decor and not with the stationary or by the registers, which is a bit odd. After I found it there, I went to stationary and found other choices so if you go, check Halloween decor, stationary and by the registers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Drippy Goo is the one I wanted. I hope to be home within a week and TJXAX will be one of my first stops!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

I want Drippy Goo also. I've seen it used in interesting ways...not just for drippy goo :>)

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut

I checked out the stationary section and they had the same ones they a week or so ago (I got a MS punch anywhere on the page punch - $3.99!!). Then when I passed the Halloween decor, they had a bunch of different MS and Ek Sucess that were Halloween themed but the only one that really interested me was the Drippy Goo!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to crazycricut

I bought the large edger punch, ek tools, pumpkin patch for 3.99. It makes a really nice pumpkin border. They also had a fence punch that would be cute for Halloween.

Of course while I was there is got a new skillet, can opener and ladle, all on clearance! Lucky me!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

Thanks AquaBunny and Mrsdriver for the catalog ideas. Right now school supplies are everywhere and I noticed 2 sizes of small notebooks with index cards. They would be good for this. I too would love to have a catalog of my stamps but I have so many - that would be a job. However, I did print out some of my stamps on my home copier so that would be an easier way to to get the images rather than stamping all.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to wilbur

2 AquaBunny:
the folder is such an awesome idea - it's great to know what you already have or don't have when you are looking for an item)) But what do you do when you need to add new stuff? would you have to reprint the page for that? or just add to the end?
i wonder since I thought of doing a catalog like that - but i'm leaning towards digital i think..

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

I add new pages (and some of my categories in stamps are starting to fall apart), or find a place to squeeze new stuff in with the rest of its category.

Stamps would be the easiest to include images without having to produce them with the actual product (since it's so easy to find samples of the images on the manufacturer's websites), but I like my samples to be the actual size. Rather than using my catalog to keep from buying duplicates, I generally flip through it when looking for ideas of what to use on a page.

Expert
In response to aquabunny

Got my own deals at marshalls today. EkSuccess border punches...for....ready for this? 3.99! Great buy....may keep some for gifts...or I may keep em all myself!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

I picked up the dots and lines and laurel leaf edgers, also some twine. Mine had a few Halloween themed punches too. Thanks for the notice!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to t-scraps

Sounds like lots of people are finding things. Hopefully mine will have them when I get there tonight. Thanks for the tip about checking the Halloween decor section. Unless I happened to see it when I walked by, I wouldn't think of looking there specifically.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

I;ve been wanting to get the drippy goo for awhile now. thanks for the tip on checking out halloween decor wouldnt have even checked there.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

sigh... went to HomeSense yesterday (canadian version LOL) - sadly no luck for me... several MME pads, some cardstock packs, a ring album, and AC ribbon - again! no punches though ((( the best thing there were the shapeabilities - one i already have and a couple i didn't like. oh well, better luck next time..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics