Username Post: Organize? Your Paper??        (Topic#1580459)
GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 05:56 AM

I have just been reading the current paper organization thread and had to start laughing at myself.
Organization for me is a very fluid sort of thing.
The ultimate is to have all my pps in one spot and cardstock in another etc.
oh a big Artbin for scraps of cs.
I do keep some groups of pp (eg all of a G45 paper) together in large storage bags with the rest of the paper.

Please tell me that someone else out there is like this. I can't be the only one?
Can I?

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to GMFTS

No, you aren't the only one out there. I don't even have all my pp in one area! Isn't serious organization a form of OCD???

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 07:14 AM
In response to t-scraps

Most definitely.

A couple of weeks ago a while we were scrapping one of my friend mentioned my "a*al-ocity".
I cracked up - that is one thing I have never been accused of before.

Messy Mary is what I get called.
Or Ah-duh-duh

but not that or OCD or anything similar.

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to GMFTS

If I organize my junk, I can't find anything. But I do know where everything is in my mess.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Pouncedeleon

actually, I find paper the easiest thing to organize ... it's all the other [email protected] that is a pain to organize

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 08:32 AM
In response to madmatter

I like to think of what I do as 'loose' organization - you know as in, the pack of wild dogs got loose and ran through here.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GMFTS

I'm pretty loose about organization LOL. I do have all my pp's in one place, organized loosely by theme (which means I have to look through thousands of pages to find ONE that has flowers on it in the "feminine" pile),,,,,,,,,but I DO have my plain cs in one place organized by ROYGBIV order and my pps in another place LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

I actually enjoy orgainizing my scrap stuff. Its kind of relaxing and therepudic for me and I like being able to put my hand on anything I want.

At first I didn't organize it and when it wasn't organized, I wasn't using it.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

For me organization is something I do ALL THE TIME...INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY SCRAPPING!!! LOL. "As soon as I get this cleaned up/reorganized I can get to work..." is what I've been telling myself for weeks!

Pouncedeleon
Veteran
Pouncedeleon
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I like to think of what I do as 'loose' organization - you know as in, the pack of wild dogs got loose and ran through here.

I can actually use this as an excuse. My dogs' tails knock everything over. It really does looks like a pack of wild dogs ran through my house, probably because they did...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 12:42 PM
In response to Pouncedeleon

That's great Lunareclipse... may I blame your dogs too?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 01:07 PM

• Henri Jean Said:
I actually enjoy orgainizing my scrap stuff. Its kind of relaxing and therepudic for me and I like being able to put my hand on anything I want.

At first I didn't organize it and when it wasn't organized, I wasn't using it.

I do have my stash organized to a point I am comfortable with and which allows me to keep in touch with my goodies.
However I can't/don't keep everything color coded or subgrouped. My paints are with the paints and inks with the inks and journaling spots with journaling spots etc.

Since I have my new scrap area and have been able to spread out my storage it is much easier and I do find myself using things that I would have forgotten before.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GMFTS

I don't have things color coded or subgrouped either. My glitters are with the glitters, diestress inks with distress inks, etc.

We have a spare bedroom that is part scrap and part home office and anything out of place just looks like clutter so I have to be carefull to keep it organized and put things away or it looks bad.

Would love to close the garage in and make a huge office/scrap room out of it.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan

me, mine is just in one big container apart from a few collections which I keep together.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 04:38 PM
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
me, mine is just in one big container apart from a few collections which I keep together.

That's it - way to go Ally!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-06-12 06:51 PM
In response to GMFTS

I had everything under control up until a couple of months ago when the UPS guy started leaving me packages of scrappy stuff on my doorstep.

Lunie

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Lunie

[email protected] those annoying UPS guys

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Lunie

I want a UPS man who leaves me scrappy goodness!!!!!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to res19s2d

I'm organized that has always been me. But when I'm in the middle of crafting it's a BIG mess!! My best projects seem to come from my biggest messes!!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 09-07-12 03:47 AM
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
I'm organized that has always been me. But when I'm in the middle of crafting it's a BIG mess!! My best projects seem to come from my biggest messes!!

I don't think it counts as a mess while your playing in it

Lunie

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Lunie

I'm not as organized as I would like to be - due to space and budget constraints. In a perfect world - it would be!!! LOL A girl can wish . . . can't she!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SmartyPants

I went to a crop last weekend; just 8 tables set up in a big hall. Everybody had all these posh totes and crates (except me). And one girl brought her stuff in a couple of cardboard boxes, and then proceeded to use all her table, half of mine and the FLOOR behind her to throw everything around, including her finished LOs and her scraps. It was mess in the messiest way I've seen for a looooong time.

I was so impressed.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics