Username Post: Trying to get my scrapbook groove back        (Topic#1582003)
disneygram
Tenant
disneygram

trying to get my scrapbooking groove back on, I have invested way to much money to let it go to waste. Any suggestions? Thanks

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to disneygram

How about looking through the gallery, if that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what would!!!
Sometimes I will be looking and see something and I just about want to get outta bed and go to my scraproom.

Also, I think just playing around with pps and such kinda helps,
Cause you just naturally want to start matching pps and looking for "stuff" to go with it.

If that doesn't help, maybe you're not ready to come back just yet. Sometimes we just need a break???

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

Looking through the gallery, flipping through a magazine, or organizing my scrap area always put me in the mood to scrap.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Luvmyfam

I start with digging out some papers I love. Then I would find a LO in the Gallery, or maybe even one of your own that you love, and scrap-lift it. Once you've got the inspiration, the enthusiasm seems to come back naturally.

Or go to the Challenges forum and pick something to challenge you. Sometimes a deadline and having other people around to cheer you on makes all the difference. Good luck!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to RedSquirrel UK

If part of your problem is not having any ideas for subject matter, doing a Book Of Me is a ton of fun.

disneygram
Tenant
disneygram
In response to aquabunny

Thanks so much for the great ideas!!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-24-12 05:59 AM

Here you go - a challenge that will help you get going again:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15819...

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to GMFTS

Organizing always get me in the scrapping mood. Also, printing pictures and thinking about what I would like to do is a help for me.

Diva
In response to wilbur

Just think waht would you like to work on..maybe some basic pages first to see how it goes. Dont think about an album, just a few pages. Lots of ideas in this site.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bayamonesa1

I go through my pictures and find ones that I love or an event that I am excited about.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to jaxxan

My first stop is the Gallery, then I sort through pp until I find something that gooses me, then I root around and find a photo. But my go-to for inspiration is the fabulous Gallery!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

Getting the photos in my hand inspires me to want to scrap them.

CarrieTS
Tenant
CarrieTS
In response to Henri Jean

I am in the same boat as you,just have not had the motivation lately, so I decided to book myself a crop at a local store. If you don't know of any going on in your area check your local stores such as Joanns and Michaels, they both do one once a month. I love being around other people who love to scrap and it always gets my mojo flowing!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to CarrieTS

Have you tried looking at sketches? Sometimes that helps me when I feel like I don't have the mojo. Other times I just make some cards and then that gets me in the mood to scrapbook.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Print out lots of photos. Going through them will be an incentive.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Crafting Marfa

Yup,,,ditto all!

CarrieTS
Tenant
CarrieTS
In response to Juansmom

I also agree that cleaning and organizing your scrap area will get you going, I started mine today and now all I wanna do is scrap..to bad I gotta clean this mess up first...

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to CarrieTS

I feel like i "need" to sracpbook sometimes which doesnt make it enjoyable so just relax and find the time and make sure it is something that you love to do!!

Diva
In response to simplycrafty

It will get to you..dont force it...

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 10-25-12 08:05 AM

Go buy something - you'll want to use it!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to J-M

I totally agree with those that suggested organizing your supplies. That always makes me want to do something-

My other trick is to tell myself to just make ONE LITTLE CARD. Just one simple card then I can stop if I wanna stop. No matter how plain it is- even if it's just folding a piece of cardstock in half and stamping the front of it... Before I know it, I've made three cards and I'm pulling out tons of pictures and supplies and having tons of fun.

-kory k

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to designguyKORY

Schedule yourself a crop day or evening at home. Tell everyone Thursday evening (or whenever)is for scrapping then get your stuff out and go from there.

I have to do this since there aren't crops near me. I have to declare and schedule. If I don't do this, the perfect time never comes up and I seem to be "juggling" and not really getting anywhere.

Diva
In response to J-M

SOunds good. I'll take the advice even if is not for me! LOL!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 10-25-12 11:25 AM

I get inspired by ordering photos or looking through photos and finding a story to tell and sometimes by watching youtube videos of other people scrapping.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-25-12 01:31 PM
In response to MoniL

Try making something for someone else. It seems like every time I start making anything for anyone else, I start to get kind of selfish and want to either keep it for myself or switch gears to work on my own stuff.

Hope that doesn't sound too bad

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to J-M

I'm the opposite. Sometimes I do have to force myself and then I'm always glad I did. Once I give myself a good push I get into it and really enjoy it. When I have time to scrap I like to use that time and be productive so I get pictures together, go through galleries, lay my pictures on white 12 x 12 papers and ideas start jumping out at me.

But sometimes I absolutely do not want to scrap, but once I emmerse myself in scrap stuff and pictures and start thinking about it, I love it.

lovinlife
Resident
lovinlife
In response to Henri Jean

make a mini album. they don't take long and you'll have that feeling of satisfaction again. then you'll be ready to do more!

take a deep breath and don't be too hard on yourself. sometimes we apply too much pressure on ourselves. just have fun scrapping.

live-love-scrap.blogspot.com

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to J-M

Start with a small project that you could finish in a weekend or week. I just finished a 20 page 7x5 album of our adventure at Race for the Cure. It was quick and only took a couple hours to finish. Sometimes the feeling of accomplishment is all it takes to be able to tackle a larger project or to get back into the groove.

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

Sometimes it helps to scrap lift something - even if it's of your own work. If you're like me the finished LO never looks like what I intended to do. LOL. Or get friends together, go through the mags or check out some online galleries. We all get stuck at times. Try something different. Sit and organise your stash ,you never know what you'll find and an idea might just pop up. Hope you find your mojo , you just know it's there somewhere. : )

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics