Username Post: Have you ever...?        (Topic#1595071)
bonprof
Governor
bonprof

Fell in love with a new line of paper, ordered it and then months later, realized you already had it??? I am embarrassed! I have done this twice.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to bonprof

Yes, I know the feeling well. Not only do I have duplicate papers and embellies, but books too! At least they were only thin paperback books--more like booklets--instead of expensive hardbacks. I have resorted to inventorying all my scrappy stuff and do not put a new purchase away before getting it on the list. That has helped tremendously.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Not paper bot stamps, yes more than once. In fact I have two distressed snow flakes sets by TH now. Guess I will give one away. Geeze! And I keep an inventory!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to CrimsonMama

Not paper here either but I've done it with embellishments.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to olleharr

I will neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have done this...

Veteran
In response to gin1902

I think we've all done that. I know I have--with paper, paints, embellies, and a host of other things. I've even duplicated several Cricut cartridges. Oh well. I know I'll never run out of supplies!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Mimiof123

Hmmm...how about THREE of the same fiskars punch...good thing two of them were clearanced at $2 each...one is now homed at a girlfriends.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to Juansmom

Now i feel better. Thankfully, my duplicates are paper that i am wild over and will use. Thanks for sharing!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to bonprof

Yep sure have!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Cindyckj

Not by accident, but for sure on purpose with a few paper lines I love! I know all too well how much it sucks to love a paper line and then it's gone for good when you want to order more....

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ScrappyMama6

I have done it with stamps and embellishments. At least you are consistent with what you like.

poi
poi 
Tenant
poi
  • poi on 04-01-14 10:10 AM
In response to jaxxan

Paper for sure. And apparently dresses for my 2 year old. Sigh. 2nd time in the last few months. Another bad hobby of mine is clothes for the girls obviously LOL

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to poi

Not necessarily with paper, but my daughter jokes that her scrap room is well-stocked with my duplicate purchases! Even with my very detailed index book, I still find myself falling in love with something when I'm without my book, getting it home, and when I go to enter it into my book, discover it's already there!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to dwelch

You go girl!! Lol.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Hey Donna, Don't feel bad. I am sure that most of us out there has repurchased lots of stuff. especially if we have been scrapping for many yrs.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

wow!! never done that but if I HAD

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

WHOOPS! IF I had a bigger ]budget I would do that too!!!
what kind of book do u keep a inventory in?? just a plain notebook>??

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to mindygail

Me too!! Guess I really LOVED that paper. Now sometimes I wish I had accidentally bought duplicates on others favorites too. LOL

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Vivian Lake

got to start working on an inventory book later today already made one a few months ago but have never added to it ... YET!!!
thanks for the good ideamg

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Did you know there's an iphone app that helps you track your stash?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

I've never duplicated anything except Copic markers, and that was only because the light was a kind of blueish colour in the warehouse. That was when I downloaded the My Copics app. I haven't needed any other tracker. Yet...

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

I have an inventory too, and I have it where I can take it with me. But I still have made a duplicate purchase or two. Then there are paper lines I line so well I do buy it twice on purpose. That is hoarding. I am a hoarder, I don't try to deny it.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• CrimsonMama Said:
I have an inventory too, and I have it where I can take it with me. But I still have made a duplicate purchase or two. Then there are paper lines I line so well I do buy it twice on purpose. That is hoarding. I am a hoarder, I don't try to deny it.

I've bought more than one pack of something I really, really love, especially if it's seasonal. I didn't like any of last year's Christmas lines but 2 years before, I fell in love with everything. This Christmas had better be good because I'm running out! The autumn things too - on the rare occasion when purple is included in the fall lines, I stock up.

It's only hoarding if you never use it.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I've noticed that purple ins not used that much. I wanted purple for a LO I working on now amd went out a got some G45 specifically for it. I have tons of paper,but no purple!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• RedSquirrel Said:

Hmm...does rolling around on the paper and petting it and admiring it and promising it you'll never ever cut it up and carefully putting it back on the shelf count as "using"?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

Hmm...does rolling around on the paper and petting it and admiring it and promising it you'll never ever cut it up and carefully putting it back on the shelf count as "using"?

Um...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Um...yes? I'm thinking yes.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to gin1902

You are hilarious!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• CrimsonMama Said:
I've noticed that purple ins not used that much. I wanted purple for a LO I working on now amd went out a got some G45 specifically for it. I have tons of paper,but no purple!

Yup, that's what happens. I love purple but it only really appears in Hallowe'en lines, and then not every year. Purple and grey I never seem to have enough of.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

And Gin, I have some papers that I had to buy two of. One to use and one to drool over. But roll on? No, never. Just stroke gently with head on one side and a misty look in my eyes. Cough***Bo Bunny's Autumn Song***cough

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Have you seen the new purple and black Keisercaft?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Ooh...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Drool...Autumn Song... I can't even do anything with the extras I got of that 'cause it's too perishing gorgeous. I even got extra extras of that in hopes that I could do something, anything, with just one of the papers. You might be misty eyed whilst petting yours~I'm hunched over, turned away and keeping watch out of the corner of my eye while I possessively stroke mine! Don't even think of getting near me!

Purple and black Kaisercraft papers? I've looked and couldn't find them~and I might need them...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
You are hilarious!!

Aww...you're too nice!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

Violet Crush?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

• RedSquirrel Said:
Violet Crush?

Yes! I saw it in a local store yesterday!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• CrimsonMama Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:
Violet Crush?

Yes! I saw it in a local store yesterday!

I just found it online~nice! Very nice! Thank you! I'll bet I could buy one of those on purpose and another one by accident.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to gin1902

I have it too. Beautiful. Have no idea what i will use it for, but i do love it. Takes my breath away!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to gin1902

• Quote:
I just found it online~nice! Very nice! Thank you! I'll bet I could buy one of those on purpose and another one by accident

I LOVE IT!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics