Username Post: Wedding scrapbook!        (Topic#1663899)
yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar

Hello! I got married this Saturday and I'm so excited to start collecting memories to get ready to scrap!
Here are some ideas I have and would love your help and input on cool things to do, to buy and how to organize the process. I have an irrational fear of "wasting the good stuff" so I usually only scrap with my "ok" paper ... but I'm ready to go all out on this one.

All tips welcome.
new Mrs E.

Ideas so far: saved all
The cards, programs, menus,

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to yellowstar

Go ahead and use your fabulous paper! Remember, the memory you are scrapping is worth it.

For me, I find inspiration from sketches. Yes, I follow several people whose styles I love, but in the end the sketches really help me stay focused.

To get started with a big event (wedding, vacation, etc) I usually find that one photo that I dearly love. That "one" that says it all and go from there. After that, things start to fall in place for me.

If you love a particular line of patterned paper for your wedding album, I suggest buying at least 2 packs and coordinating card stock to go with it. Trust me, you won't regret that. Making a coordinating album can be "boring" after a while, but it's really worth it in the end and you don't want to run out of paper.

That's my two cents. Good luck!!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Vivian Lake

well I did my wedding when we got married. I have layouts on here if you want to see my in the gallery.

ideas- I would do like your first dance, cut of the cake, pic of your wedding party, maybe pic of people that came to your wedding.

I hope that helps a little for you

Michelle StClair
Idol
Michelle StClair
In response to southern lady

Congrats on your wedding!!!!

Since it is so fresh in your mind, I would get out a journal and write (or type) your memories (good, bad, funny) that you don't want to ever forget.

I would then find a pattern paper collection that coordinates the most with the theme/colors of your wedding and buy a few sets.

I would also buy the 4x6 photo sleeve page protectors (like the Project Life ones) to be able to include all the photos in my album even if I didn't pretty scrap them.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 10-17-16 01:56 PM
In response to Michelle StClair

I have the same problem with not wanting to waste good paper so I usually don't use good stuff either. I redid my wedding album last year and used good paper instead of my ok paper and it definitely made it pop. I love the idea of doing the jounalling especially since it is all fresh in your mind. I think things like that are what makes an album worth looking back on. I bought a paper pack of wedding paper but didn't really use much of it. I found better prettier paper just buying single sheets.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Kel3

Lord!! Life is short!! Use the good paper!!

Veteran
  • 0612 on 10-19-16 01:35 PM
In response to bonprof

I'm doing a wedding album for one of my daughters friends right now. I have done several wedding albums, some of the pages are save here. I try to tell the wedding story through the pictures in the order that the wedding went.

Auroramablora
New Kid On the Block
Auroramablora
In response to 0612

Congratulations on recently getting married!! I too just got married about 2 months ago and have just got my prints back and am ready to scrap!!! I got married outside with a very rustic theme so I am not going the traditional black and white matching throughout I have lots of nature paper. I just collected random sheets of paper and embellishments that interested me for the last few weeks and kept them in a wedding box. I found it is much easier for me to scrap if I keep things in their own box. Try finding a paper line that incorporates your wedding colors to add a pop, I used the search feature on here and it made it so easy! And go all out its your wedding album, I too am a paper saver lol!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Yellowstar, best wishes in your marriage. I did 'getting ready' pages for my daughter's wedding album. It was fun to show pictures of all the prep work.. crafting items, decorating, dress shopping, that type of stuff... I actually did a whole album of just shopping/prep stuff..

I second using the pretty papers/embellishments and print your journaling. Any future children will probably not be taught cursive writing and wouldn't be able to read your journaling.

Mostly, have fun.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sunnydi

congrats on your wedding I read that our great papers look better in our pages than in my drawer lol I would use it

yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar
In response to anda11

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and well wishes.
Update: celebrating our two year wedding anniversary tomorrow... have bought lots of paper stickers even specialty album...pages done of wedding scrapbook: ZERO. 🙄

Must start. Must start.
The honeymoon layouts were a breeze. Beach themes, palm trees, ocean was easy to do. I was thinking about maybe doing layout or two from other friends weddings where I was a bridesmaid for practice....

Wish me luck 🙃

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

I just saw this and had to laugh. My daughter got married in November last year. She was a professional photographer for 9 years before and she made lots of photo books for customers. She never planned on making a scrapbook of her wedding, which now is my part , but she wanted to make a photo book. Now, nearly 1 year later, I told her that I would love to get a photo book of her wedding as a Christmas gift and her MIL is the same. I hope this gets her started
I hope you find a reason to start and I am sure, when you started, you will find fun in creating those pages and remembering this happy time! Good luck!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics