Username Post: craft room of my own...        (Topic#1666311)
shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

Finally!!! A week from Saturday, I will have a room of my own. I am so excited. In the last 6 years, I haven't been able to craft very much because I couldn't leave my things out without worrying that they would be ruined or taken. If I worked on a project, I had to make sure it was put away before I went anywhere...which was a big pain! I feel like a kid again...knowing that I will be able to go into my area and work on projects, even for a few minutes, without having to put everything away.

Reading threads in the forum has help me in so many ways. Many times... I would come here and read when I had feelings of anger and sadness because something was stolen, broken, or used without asking. I kept telling myself that it will not always be this way...but for now, you do what you have to do. My daughter knows how excited I am. She is very happy for me

To everyone who has posted on threads here.....Thank you! It has kept me going...year after year. I can't express how much I appreciate this site. Thank you...thank you...thank you.

Only 8 more sleeps for me !!!!!!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to shygypsy

Congrats on having your own space to play!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-19-17 07:35 PM
In response to gluemore girl

I really enjoy my personal space. The only improvement would be a maid to keep it tidy and bring me coffee and cookies.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Congratulations! You will get spoiled very quickly having your own work space. I share mine with my husband but he doesn't bother my stuff.

I would also like to order a maid to keep my space tidy (and she can do the rest of the house while she is at it). Will also put in an order for cookies, but can I have a cold soft drink instead of coffee?

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Henri Jean

Such kind words! I am so happy for you to finally have not only a place to be creative but a safe place. I look forward to seeing what you produce in your new space! Congratulations!

I agree about the cookies and the maid for the rest of the house but I was just on a blog today who created card while cleaning her scrap space. I have to say, I agree. So often I am cleaning up scraps that suddenly inspire a card, tag or layout, I will clean my crafting space but if someone could follow my three year old and put away dinosaurs, trains, cars, bubbles and colored chalk, as he finishes that would be great!

Edited by jaxxan on 05-20-17 01:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4
In response to jaxxan

Love my separate space for the past few years. You will LOVE it!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to scrapmomof4

Very exciting! Having your own scrap space is HUGE! You'll love it.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to cindy312

That's great - congratulations! Be sure to check out the various posts in their scraproom galleries to get ideas for space saving organizational ideas. And do post pictures when you have it all "loaded".

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

thank you

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

Your posts have made me laugh often. Coffee and cookies...yum!!!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to Henri Jean

Thank you Henri! I wouldn't mind sharing my new room with my husband...if it came to that. I have already asked him if it was possible to put a small chandelier-like light in the room. The ceiling is quite low though...so not sure if that would work or not. Never know....

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to jaxxan

Thank you! Being creative is such a wonderful outlet for many of us. Just having a space to be able to work on projects will be so wonderful!!!

As for your little guy...the comment about his toys made me smile! I remember picking up my daughter's megablocks....which then turned to legos years later. Lots and lots of legos!! lol My daughter will be graduating this Friday. She will be leaving for college in August, her major is engineering. How time flies!!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to cindy312

Your room is wonderful. Love...love...love the storage behind the door!! I will definitely utilize the space in a similar fashion. I can't wait!! I just finished working a 5 night stretch...and took one vacation day. Saturday is just around the corner. Still trying to decide on the paint color. So many options available

Edited by shygypsy on 05-23-17 03:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to dwelch

Thank you! I have been perusing the scraproom section for many years...so many creative ideas for storing items. I believe you had a post, in the past, about storing scraps by color in a container with multiple photo boxes in them. I bought a few of them to help organize my scraps.

I can't wait to organize! It will be like Christmas for me!!! It will take time but I don't mind at all. I am hoping to be able to start painting on Saturday night. I have to work Sunday night...so will definitely want the painting to be done before then.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to shygypsy

Congrats! I looooove my room, I could live ther 24/7! Lol! Enjoy!!!!!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to MarciLB

Thank you! I can't wait!! It will definitely be my favorite place in the house. Having everything organized is going to be wonderful. Organizing my paper hoard will be very time consuming but I am looking forward to it.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to shygypsy

Congrats on getting your own scrap room! I can't imagine where or how you've been living that your stuff has been stolen but that is truly a hideous crime! No more worries about that, yay!! You'll have so much fun getting it all fixed up and everything put away just the way you want it. Hopefully you will truly have it all to yourself and not have to share it with your hubs, I think everyone deserves and at times needs a space that is just their space, where they can have a little solitude, a little peace and quiet, just a little time with just their own thoughts maybe. Because face it, no matter how much we love our spouses, we aren't joined at the hip and are still wonderful individuals. Embrace your individuality and enjoy your scrap room!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to shygypsy

I thought I answered this thread.. but I did not. I want to congratulate you on getting your own precious space to craft there were a lot of years that there was no space for a craft room then we moved and had a basement which I so glad
I can understand you hon have a blast organizing & actually crafting in your new space

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

Congratulations on your room. I've had mine for 4 years and it's my saving grace, my sanctuary.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to chocolateaxel

Thank you! My stepdaughter is bipolar, schizophrenic...and has borderline personality disorder. It has been a very rough road for the last 6 years. It has been hard on all of us (her dad, myself, my daughter...and even my stepdaughter). Both my daughter and stepdaughter are 18 now. My daughter still lives at home and will be leaving for college in August. My stepdaughter moved out...believing all her troubles in life are because she lived with us. So we are now in the beginner's stages of being "empty nesters".

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to anda11

Thank you! Today was spent cleaning the room.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to bonprof

Thank you! I am looking forward to having my own piece of "sanctuary". Just being in the room makes me happy!! I have a lot of work to do...but I don't mind at all

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to shygypsy

I wasn't trying to be nosy, and you truly have my sympathy! I have a close family member who is bipolar so I'm very familiar with the daily challenges one faces when dealing with someone with this disorder. It makes life a living he// for everyone involved! I truly hope that things get better for you and your family, including her, now that she has moved out. It's a heartbreaking road!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
I really enjoy my personal space. The only improvement would be a maid to keep it tidy and bring me coffee and cookies.

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom

Congratulations on getting your own space. I was finally able to get my own space a few years ago and I love it. I even put a Keurig in there so I can enjoy coffee without having to come back down stairs. I told my daughter that she would have to sleep on a cot when she came to visit because I was NOT putting a bed back in that room.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to EagleScoutMom

BIG CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did not have my own space for several years so I can relate -- now I have taken over my dining room -- I live alone and had no dining room table so.....voila!!!
and yes it is awesome having your own space and you will love it be sure to :
KEEP US UPDATED !!!
God bless,
mg

Lutz
Lutz 
Veteran
Lutz
  • Lutz on 06-12-17 07:29 PM
In response to mindygail

I will be moving some time this week and finally have a craft space, too! It's so exciting!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lutz

That is exciting news! I love mine.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to EagleScoutMom

I thought about getting a keurig because his coffee is way too strong for me..plus I love the variety of flavors. I don't have extra counter space for 2 coffee makers. My house is quite small (just barely over 1000 sq feet).

Your comment about the cot made me laugh!!!! Originally I thought that I might be able to put a bed in there, at some point. He gave me this funny look when I mentioned it awhile back (before I started putting my craft supplies in the room). Now I know why!! I had forgotten how much I had because most of it was being stored away until now.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to mindygail

Congrats on utilizing your dining room for a space to create! Every day, I spend time in my room trying to organize it. There are times that I have spent almost all day and a good portion of the night in there. I absolutely love my space!!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to Lutz

Lutz,

I am excited for you!!! I hope you have just as much fun as I do ...when you are putting it all together!!!! Congratulations!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics