Username Post: Scrapping about adult children        (Topic#1667691)
gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

I do scrap about a lot of things: me, DH, family, heritage, etc. But scrapping about my kids got me started.
Just curious about how much scrapping you do about your children once they have graduated and left home?
I still have DD's HS and college years and now a LO to do about her first job but after that, seems there'll be a break until we have visits, and then maybe milestones like engagement wedding and who knows.... grand kids?
I often hear other scrappers talk about getting "caught up". I'm no where near that, but that's okay.
The pictures left from her school years will take me through.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gluemore girl

When I see my adult kids, there are pages to scrap! I never thought about the question because they text pictures and I get a lot of pictures of them off Facebook. Facebook seems to be an unending supply of pictures of them for me to scrap.

My books will be theirs someday (one of my adult sons - he's 42 - wants them all! So I want plenty of him and his brother in them.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

My 3 kids are all up and out (well, except for the one who moved back while he completes grad school), and they are still my primary scrap subjects. We have a family group text that often results in pictures, funny comments, and great stories that are scrap worthy. When it gets slow (ha ha ha), I catch up on photos from when they were little.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks for the responses. I am just getting a bit wistful about the fact that DD is really starting her own life. I am going to scrap the classroom she painted and set up as well as a few shots of her new apartment. I also have lots of pics of her trips I want to scrap.
I know there will certainly be more "material" as we go too. Adult kids are funny and I know we have a lot to look forward to in the making memories department.
Thanks again.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to gluemore girl

My kids are long out of the house. Son doesn't do FB and daughter won't put her kids on there., so I get no pics off FB. I scrap them from photos I take when we're together (they lives close). I did a book (he's 42) for my son two years ago that had layouts in it of just him: his youth, a few of Christmas' past, a few of birthdays when he was growing up.. etc. He was very appreciative. I do books for my two grandchildren and my daughter sorta figures they're for her also.. haha.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sunnydi

I scrap everything my kids are gone my son loves all the pages I have done of him (most are golf trips) my dd loves whatI scrap too II scrap lots of heritage too I am also working on our love story too

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics