Page 1 of 119 
Username Post: The Ayers Rock gallery/support group        (Topic#1435561)
mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Hello and Welcome to our gallery/support group. It consists of the following members:

1.mghairgirl~Monica Group Driver(7/21)
2.allisonaussie~Alli(12/10) INACTIVE
3.kaythree~Kelly(12/12)
4.heather_rochelle~Heather(8/7) INACTIVE
5.ScrapperfromNY~Bethany(5/13) INACTIVE
6.BonnieJean~Bonnie (9/09)
7.speppers1~Sandy (10/31) INACTIVE

8.BlingPrincessRia~Maria(9/27)
9.april_eric_always_forever ~April(10/11)
10.DNA301~Ashley(3/1)
11.sassysharyn~Sharyn(10/10)
12.love4scrappin85~Kristen(8/27) INACTIVE
13.abbynormaloh75~Angi INACTIVE

If you have not posted a message to the thread in more than 3 weeks I have listed you as inactive. This does not mean you are not part of the group, just not an active member.

Please refer back to this first post often as this is where updates on challenges and swaps will be posted.
1.WHERE YOU LIVE LO CHALLENGE!-November 2007-winners were Alli and Tracey
2.CARD KIT SWAP-December 2007
3.SCRAP SPACE CHALLENGE-March 2008 Winners were Monica and Barbara
4.MOTHERS DAY CARD CHALLENGE-Winner Alli
5.CIRCLE JOURNAL-due date March 15, 2009

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE CHECKING IN AT LEAST ONCE WEEKLY SO THAT YOU WILL REMAIN AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE GROUP. ALSO MAKE SURE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON OTHERS GALLERIES WHEN THEY POST TO THE THREAD.

Edited by mghairgirl on 08-12-10 05:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

obnxous1
Veteran
obnxous1
In response to mghairgirl

Gotta love a fresh start! Thanks for working so hard to bring this group closer together!
I think I need to catch up on some questions.
I am pretty sure I answered the food one, so i guess that leaves the where are you from one.
I was born and raised in Montana. I moved to Phoenix 7 years ago, and I am not planning on going anywhere. I love it here! So many scrapbooking stores, so little time!

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to obnxous1

I am so excited about our fresh start!
I have heard that Phoenix is a great place to live. Does it get really hot in the summer?

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

Hi all well I was born in a small town in Louisiana and have lived here all my life except for a year in California where my step dad was stationed

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Heather_Rochelle

hi ladies i'm upset I was working some new lo's and my blades on my shapecutter broke, now i have to wait to get these lo's complete otherwise i am horrible at cutting ,my titles lol
Heather

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

ok thanks for the link

ladybluebird
Expert
ladybluebird
In response to Allisonaussie

Hello, all. Sorry I've been MIA. To answer a few questions about me...
I was born and raised in Pennsylvania until I was 12. GO STEELERS!!!! My family moved to Baltimore and this is where I have stayed. I met my dh when I moved here and we started dating on and off when I was 14. We have been exclusive since 1990 (I was 16). We got married in 1997 and had our first baby in 2000 (a little girl) and our second (and last!!) in 2001 (another little girl). Our 10 year anniversary is coming up next month and I am really excited. So, hopefully I didn't bore anyone but that's pretty much my life.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to ladybluebird

Amy, we are so glad to have you stop by and nice to know where you are from.
Do you have a favorite food? Also do you work outside the home?

Ladies, is the anymore questions that I asked that haven't been covered?

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

• Heather_Rochelle Said:
hi ladies i'm upset I was working some new lo's and my blades on my shapecutter broke, now i have to wait to get these lo's complete otherwise i am horrible at cutting ,my titles lol
Heather

Heather I am so sorry that your blade broke. Too bad. What kind of shapecutter do you have? I have a Fiskars and just love it!
We should talk about some of our favorite sb tools that we own or would like to have.

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Monica! Congrats on your fresh new thread!! Enjoy yourselves girls!! Give all the support you can to Monica and help her in making this a fun and loving group of great gals! Hugs!

Irene

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

Yeas, I have the Fiskars as well. I love it as well now i just need the lower case templetes to match my upper. I am horrible at cutting a straight line and my shapecutter express is most definatly my fav tool by far!! also i like my cropadile i realyy haven't used it because my lo's tend to be pretty basic and not much embelishing on them

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Can you get the lower case alphabet for the Fiskars ? I have letters 1,3, and 4, but didn't realize there are lower case letters.
I have several of the shape templates too. The circles, stars, and tags!
I also have a cropadile and totally love it! I use brads and eyelets all the time now!
By the way Scrappininreno is back! I am glad to hear from her and can't wait to have her post again!
Don't forget to send me your addys ladies!

Scrappin in reno
Guru
Scrappin in reno

I'm back from lovely Hawaii Life is still hectic but I hope to be around more now. will be back to answer the Q's

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Scrappin in reno

Yes, they now have the lowwer case as well. They can be bought prett cheap from widgetsupply add the . com at the end. I have the flowers, frames and bubblles templtes as well

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

I have letters 4 capa n numbers

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Cool Heather, thanks for the information about the templates. I will have to check them out.
Check out my links for some of my swaps I finished today.
Bling Tag
Deco Squares
Photo Mat

Edited by mghairgirl on 09-16-07 10:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-17-07 04:38 AM

• Scrappin in reno Said:
I'm back from lovely Hawaii Life is still hectic but I hope to be around more now. will be back to answer the Q's

I bet that was a nice trip did you take pictures?

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-17-07 04:39 AM
In response to Kel3

Allison have you always lived in Australia? My hubby has always wanted to go there.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-17-07 04:40 AM

• ladybluebird Said:
Hello, all. Sorry I've been MIA. To answer a few questions about me...
I was born and raised in Pennsylvania until I was 12. GO STEELERS!!!! My family moved to Baltimore and this is where I have stayed. I met my dh when I moved here and we started dating on and off when I was 14. We have been exclusive since 1990 (I was 16). We got married in 1997 and had our first baby in 2000 (a little girl) and our second (and last!!) in 2001 (another little girl). Our 10 year anniversary is coming up next month and I am really excited. So, hopefully I didn't bore anyone but that's pretty much my life.

Did you live in the western or eastern part of pa?

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-17-07 04:53 AM
In response to Kel3

Heather I see you commented on my cheer leading lo about that new white pen. It definitely is a very handy thing to have and works so well. I was impressed

Sassynai
Governor
Sassynai
In response to Kel3

Hey just checking... I have like 2 more weeks of being overworked. LOL!!! and hopefully life for me will be back to normal. Although I don't have time to scrapbook myself I will be making the extra effort to post comments to the members of this group. If I fall a little short of that I would like to apologize ahead of time... But I will be making the effort. I look forward to continuing to be a part of the group.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Kel3

hi, well i ordered my replacement blades, thanks to my grandma and she ordered me the lower case templetes that match my upper oh fun!!I can't wait to get these in but it will probebly take a while to come in. bummer i was on a roll till my blde broke lol

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-17-07 03:24 PM

hi Renee feel free to pop in and say hi even if you don't have los to share

ladybluebird
Expert
ladybluebird
In response to Kel3

Welcome, Renee! This really is a great place.

kaythree, to answer your question, I lived in Western PA. I was born in Erie, then moved to Pittsburgh until we moved to Maryland. Where in PA do you live?

Monica, I'm sorry I forgot those questions. Ok, I don't really have a "favorite food". I love mostly any Italian food, and seafood. Chocolate, of course, is a great food. Add it to peanut butter and you've got a wonderful snack! LOL
I do work outside of my home, I work in an office Monday thru Friday, 8-5. I'm loving it since I was in retail management for 14 years and never had any real days off. It's great to have weekends and holidays. I didn't know what I was missing. It's also nice to have my time with my girls.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Hi everyone, checking it.
Welcome back scrappininReno
I love my cropadile too. It punched holes in a plastic clipboard, that thing is tough.

Here's a few LO if you haven't already seen them

18 & Life
Future Scrapbooker

I'm still catching up with you gals, don't give up on me yet

traceyk
Idol
traceyk
In response to Kel3

Hey girls just dropping by to say Hi. I had the pleasure of making some cards this weekend, But back to work today, so now more scrappin until the weekend. By the way Monica by Birthday is 12-30-65. What is everyone up to this week?

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to Kel3

Good morning ladies!
Renee-glad to see that you have checked in and our chatting with us!
Amy-I don't actually have a favorite food either, but it is fun to try to think about it.
Heather-you have been busy chatting away, glad to hear that you got new blades and the lower case alphabet!
Tracey-did you upload images of the cards you made?
Paula-Do tell us about the trip to Hawaii, I bet it was wonderful!
As for me, yesterday was a hectic day. My dd just makes like crazy sometimes, that's life with a teenager.
I am working on more things for my swaps. I think when I am finished with these swaps I am going to take a break from it. I find that I don't have time to make any LO's when I am swapping.
By the way I need birthdates, can you post them please. Also I need you to pm me your mailing addy. Thanks to those that already have.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Here's another swap I have been working on:
Valentine Mini Comp Book

obnxous1
Veteran
obnxous1

I knew I should have signed up for the Valentine group!!! darn it!
Wow has everyone been chatty!
To answer your way earlier ? Monica...it gets very very hot here in the summer...it has been over 110 everyday for a couple of weeks there, but we are down to 100-105 lately. And, the good news is, I was just outside letting my big dog out and it was actually chilly! Usually it is about 85 when I get up, but this is a sure sign that fall is coming!
I wouldn't trade our winters here for anything though! no snow, no shoveling, no icy roads, LOVE it! For all of you stuck in freezing winters, you will have to come to Phx for some scrap shoppin' n croppin'!
I have too many fave supplies to list...I love bling...especially Stickles. And, ZipDry...can't live without it now! And, I would have to say Bazzill cardstock. The warehouse is here and they just had their annual sale last weekend. You get about 120 sheets for 20 bucks! And you choose the colors. Granted, they don't put every color out, but there is an amazing selection! they even had the scalloped sheets!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-18-07 06:41 AM

• ladybluebird Said:
Welcome, Renee! This really is a great place.

kaythree, to answer your question, I lived in Western PA. I was born in Erie, then moved to Pittsburgh until we moved to Maryland. Where in PA do you live?

Monica, I'm sorry I forgot those questions. Ok, I don't really have a "favorite food". I love mostly any Italian food, and seafood. Chocolate, of course, is a great food. Add it to peanut butter and you've got a wonderful snack! LOL
I do work outside of my home, I work in an office Monday thru Friday, 8-5. I'm loving it since I was in retail management for 14 years and never had any real days off. It's great to have weekends and holidays. I didn't know what I was missing. It's also nice to have my time with my girls.

I am 50 miles east of Pittsburgh. I used to go to Erie every summer to stay with my aunt when IO was little.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-18-07 06:43 AM
In response to Kel3

Monica I guess the fun begins when the kids become teens. My soon to be 13 year old nephew is getting interested in a girl at school. It sure is amazing to think that he is that old already.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to obnxous1

• obnxous1 Said:
I knew I should have signed up for the Valentine group!!! darn it!
Wow has everyone been chatty!
To answer your way earlier ? Monica...it gets very very hot here in the summer...it has been over 110 everyday for a couple of weeks there, but we are down to 100-105 lately. And, the good news is, I was just outside letting my big dog out and it was actually chilly! Usually it is about 85 when I get up, but this is a sure sign that fall is coming!
I wouldn't trade our winters here for anything though! no snow, no shoveling, no icy roads, LOVE it! For all of you stuck in freezing winters, you will have to come to Phx for some scrap shoppin' n croppin'!
I have too many fave supplies to list...I love bling...especially Stickles. And, ZipDry...can't live without it now! And, I would have to say Bazzill cardstock. The warehouse is here and they just had their annual sale last weekend. You get about 120 sheets for 20 bucks! And you choose the colors. Granted, they don't put every color out, but there is an amazing selection! they even had the scalloped sheets!

You are too sweet! I added that group at the last minute when someone else dropped it. I am sure glad that I did! I am really glad to be making the books, but I am getting a little overwhelmed with all the swapping! I just can't find the time to make any LO's!
Having a hard time today staying awake at work. I haven't slept in a couple of days. I am just a bundle of nerves. My dd and her boyfriend are growing through some growing pains...you know how teens are with their bf's, a problem is the end of the world. I think I am really being tested as to how much pain I can endure...I love my dd and she is a good kid but sometimes they disappoint you. Well this is one of those times, it started with a fight during the homecoming dance and than has just escalated into a bigger fight between her and her bf...of course she gets me in the middle of it by calling me and crying and wants me to fix things for her...I just can't do that. Than her bf and his mother call and we all meet and talk, let's just say it has not ended that well.
I went on a quick shopping trip yesterday and bought a $300 purse! I must be crazy too!
Gotta love my kids though and this too shall pass! I just gotta believe what I am preaching.
Hope you ladies are having a better week.

traceyk
Idol
traceyk

Do I know about teenage girls!!! So I get my cell phone bill for the month 400.00. This would be my daughter texting more than her plan allows, Obviously way more than her plan allows, I am so furious with her, I'm going to have to take her phone away now. She was warned before. She has also reunited with her first love after 1 yr of being appart, I'm pretty sure she's headed for heartbreak again. She didn't get out of bed for weeks after the last time. But what does a Mom do?? My son just decieded he wants to drop some of his college classes, of course then he will not be full time student and loose his insurance. He has epilepsy and requires very expensive meds. I told him you better start working lots of hours to pay for your meds, because I am not.
Guess I'm done rambling. ck back later.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-18-07 03:31 PM
In response to traceyk

here is a new lo playing with my stamps
http://scrapbook.com/galleries/78094/view/ 1043789/-1/0/...

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-18-07 03:36 PM
In response to traceyk

• traceyk Said:
Do I know about teenage girls!!! So I get my cell phone bill for the month 400.00. This would be my daughter texting more than her plan allows, Obviously way more than her plan allows, I am so furious with her, I'm going to have to take her phone away now. She was warned before. She has also reunited with her first love after 1 yr of being appart, I'm pretty sure she's headed for heartbreak again. She didn't get out of bed for weeks after the last time. But what does a Mom do?? My son just decieded he wants to drop some of his college classes, of course then he will not be full time student and loose his insurance. He has epilepsy and requires very expensive meds. I told him you better start working lots of hours to pay for your meds, because I am not.
Guess I'm done rambling. ck back later.

my niece did the same thing with her phone.it isn't just your kids.lol

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to Kel3

Kelly-Great job on the new LO with the stamps!
Tracey-wow, $400 on texting! That is alot of money! I think that God is really testing our patience as parents of teenagers! They are crazy and make no sense ever..today mine is better but she knows that she is on thin ice. She will not be seeing her bf for a while, just at school. We are going out of town this weekend for a wedding. My step sister is getting married. I was supposed to make a scrapbook marriage page for her as a gift, but I don't know if I will have time to get to it. I have too many other things going on.
I am working tonight on more of my swaps, will post some pictures later.

traceyk
Idol
traceyk

Ugh, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up in a padded cell at the looney bin until my kids grow up. If you don't get to make the page before the wedding, you could make it after, with the wedding pictures. Kelly, I'm going to ck out your new layout. Have a nice evening all.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to traceyk

A padded cell might be the best place, you would be alone finally! LOL!
I have been working hard this evening take a look at the rest of my mini comp books for the swap
Flowers
Geometric
Halloween
ladybug grab bag
Easter
Disney

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

well heelo huge couple of days here kylie has headed back home now we had such fun ill be post ing pics soon hehehehehe and ill be back to catch up as well

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

hi ladies i'm just checking in

traceyk
Idol
traceyk

Monica, love your new mini comp books, you did a fabulous job. Hey heather how are u.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Alli-glad to know that Kylie had a great visit! I know this is a time when she really needs the love and support of friends.
Heather-glad to see you today. Too bad we are always on at different times.

I am having a better day today, my dd is in much better spirits, plus I went to the library yesterday and brought her a few books to read. I hope it will help some.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Kel3

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/145413/view /1045235/... heres a new one

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/145413/view /1045235/... here's a new one

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/145413/view /1045235/...

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

hi ladies i sent my new lo's but i don't know if the are showing up so tell me what u think

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Kel3

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/145413/view /1045233/...

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

ladies i dont know why but for some reason my computer keeps bring me back to the first page

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-19-07 03:36 PM

Mine does too. I have it saved in my favorites list the first time I check any of my threads for the first time each day it brings me to the right page but if I check back in it takes me to the first page.

traceyk
Idol
traceyk
In response to Kel3

It does the same thing to me. Unless I actually hit page 3. Glad your daughter is doing better. What books did you get her to read?? My dd is very involved in her high school play right now. DS has no idea what he wants to do with his life still very depressed and wants to drop out of college. I need a break. teenagers are tough.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to traceyk

hi all

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

hi all i have two new lo's in my gallery tell me what u think
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/145413/view /1045233/...

Edited by Heather_Rochelle on 09-19-07 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to traceyk

I see you have been doing some work Heather! I left you some love!!!
Tracey, I gave my dd a book called a secret diary unlocked:My struggle to like me, a girls guide to loving yourself and a book Dealing with your mom.
I guess they are good, she hasn't stopped reading them since I brought them home yesterday. She is already finished one book and half through another.
Here are my last 2 letters for the LOTW swap I am in. this concludes all my swappin! I need a break from it!
Except for the one we are going to do in our group soon. Letter I
Letter G

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

hi ladies, yes monica those are Fiskars # 4 and they oval and circles are also from the shape templete by Fiskars

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Gotta love the Fiskars shape cutter!

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

Oh I do and i absolutley love the lowwer case as well now i need sets 1-3 lol

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle

hi ladies. I added one more pic to the 2nd Mardi Gras lo at the bottom of the others I looks more in Balence now

traceyk
Idol
traceyk

Nice layouts heather and Monica yours are great too. Monica dooo tellll what are we going to be doing in our group soon??

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to traceyk

Okay I have been thinking about doing a fall swap, a postcard swap, or a where you live LO.

Ladies tell me what you think and what you want to do.
I do need everyone's addresses so that I can distribute a list for swaps. The way a swap would work is you would make something for everyone in our group and then mail it to each of them.
I am still waiting for about 6 ladies to send me an address. Hurry up so we can get started.
In the meantime let's ask another question...
Did everyone answer the question about your favorite scrapbook tool?? Maybe you can tell me what your favorite TV program is too?

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

My favorite tool is my crop a dile, my sizzix, and my fiskar shapecutter. I do love my coluzzle too! I have so many favorites I just can't decide!

Favorite TV shows-ER, Greys Anatomy, Survivor, Desperate Housewifes, Extreme home makeover, CSI Miami, CSI, Law and Order, anything on HGTV or TLC...I could go on and on. I love to watch Tv but never find the time. So I just Tivo it and watch when I can squeeze it in!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-20-07 05:09 AM

I was thinking of a where you live lo too. I was going to mention it then kept forgetting. My favorite tool my new stamps lol. I don't have a lot of cutters and things I just have basic supplies. I also love e cuts they are so easy to use and come in handy for me.

I don't watch much tv. I don't think I have a favorite some comedies mostly

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Kel3

hello everyone. my name is Melanie and i was wondering if there is any room is this group for a newbie?

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Lamoo12

Hi, Melanie I'm sure Monica will let u join as soon as she comes on I am also a newbie spo i'm sure we have alot we can chat about

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to Lamoo12

• Lamoo12 Said:
hello everyone. my name is Melanie and i was wondering if there is any room is this group for a newbie?

Melanie we would love to have you join our group. We are trying to grow our group anyway.
Let me add you to the front page. I need you to pm me your mailing addy and if you would post your birthdate.
Then tell us a few things about yourself like
where you are from,where you were born, married or single?, children,where you work, favorite food, favorite sb tool or supply, favorite tv show

I think that covers all of the questions we have been asking each other over the last few weeks.
We will also be doing a swap or challenge soon so make sure you check in often!
Welcome to the group! We are so thrilled to have you!

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

LADIES! CAN YOU PLEASE POST YOUR BIRTHDATE!
I don't mean to sound like a nag, but I want to get them all posted! Also don't forget to send my a pm with your mailing addy!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

• mghairgirl Said:
  • Lamoo12 Said:

Melanie we would love to have you join our group. We are trying to grow our group anyway.
Let me add you to the front page. I need you to pm me your mailing addy and if you would post your birthdate.
Then tell us a few things about yourself like
where you are from,where you were born, married or single?, children,where you work, favorite food, favorite sb tool or supply, favorite tv show

I think that covers all of the questions we have been asking each other over the last few weeks.
We will also be doing a swap or challenge soon so make sure you check in often!
Welcome to the group! We are so thrilled to have you!

just a few questions! I'd be happy to answer them for you

b-day: 12-03-80 product of the 80's baby!
where born: Rochester,NY
where grew up: Buffalo, NY (where my heart is)
college time: Asheville, NC
currently residing: Utica, NY
Married...1 year in Oct!
No kids, just my bunny. and he's like a kid some times!
I work as a processor in a corporate bank.
My favorite foods are cheese cake and chicken...though not together!
My fav sb tool or supply is paper. My credit card is really yelling at me lately because of this.
my fav tv shows are: Prison Break (can never predict it) and oldies such as Golden Girls, Cheers, etc.
Few other favorites you will see popping up are Mary Moo Moos (cow collectibles) and the Buffalo Bills. Cheering for the Bills is a genetic defect, can't help it!

thanks so much for letting join this group. I love talking to people and participating in swaps and challenges. lets you try new things. its great! i'll be smiling for a few days because of this.

thanks again!

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to Lamoo12

Wow! you are quick to respond! Thank you!

We are a slow group, you know like the people in the south talk slow! I think because some of our schedules are different we are online at different times.
I work only part time so many times during the week I can get on during the day, but many of us get on only at night. It definitely makes it challenging getting things organized with the group. I just took over as the group driver. Alli was it before me, she felt that since she is in Australia it was too hard for her to keep up with the chatting and it is hard to pm everyone and keep all of us going.
We will be starting a challenge next week. I haven't decided what it will be. I did post some thoughts this morning. I think I will do an official vote for it.
Any way I like to chat a ton and write a novel, sorry I am one of those slow southern girls, I just like to drink my sweet tea, sit, and chat a while!
Welcome to the Ayers Rock Family Melanie!

traceyk
Idol
traceyk

Welcom Melanie, I am a December Baby too 12-30-65 probably old enough to be your mom, but oh well. So nice to meet you. Monica I like Both of your ideas, however being so new to scrappin I have a few little questions. If we do poscards, do we make postcards and send them to everyone?? And the challenge you described, do use pictures of our house and surroundings to scrap a page?? Sorry, I just really have never done a swap so I'm interested. I have my first meet-up card making group on Saturday, I will have to let you all know how it goes. Have a great rest of the week everyone.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to traceyk

Tracey- in answer to your question, if we do the postcard swap we would get a postcard from our area??? and mail one to each person in our group. If we do the where you live LO challenge it would be pics of your house, and or town you are from. The fall swap would be some cute altered items of your choice that you make for each person in the group. Kind of like all my tags, and deco squares that I have been making. We could do one for thanksgiving.
I am going to do an official vote and see what everyone wants to do.
Will get back to you when we decide. I think whatever we decide I will post on Monday and give everyone about a month to get it done.
We have quite a few December babies, I updated birthdays on the first page.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Hello ladies! Please take the time to vote for our next challenge/swap! I am really excited to see what you girls are up for!

Vote on our challenges or swap we will do this month
Fall themed swap, examples: tags, deco squares, monograms all in fall colors with fall embellies.
Postcard swap-we would send a postcard of where we are from to each Ayers Rock member
Where you Live LO-make a LO of the town and/or home you live in
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 09-20-07 01:08 PM to 09-24-07 01:08 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

ladybluebird
Expert
ladybluebird

I'm all for the Fall themed swap. I loooove Fall and anything that has to do with it! I don't know if I've posted my birthday yet, but it's August 18th. Just had it. As far as my favorite scrapbook tool, I'd have to say it's my Fiskars rotary cutter. I couldn't live without it! My favorite TV show? Hmmm, I like Hell's Kitchen, Deal or No Deal, and especially Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

I really like fall too! It is my favorite time of year. We are having fall like weather this week and I am so lovin it!
I actually would love for us to do all of these things, but know that my not be reality since we are all so busy, but I will give it a few days and we will see!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to traceyk

• traceyk Said:
Sorry, I just really have never done a swap so I'm interested.

glad to know i'm not the only one new to swaps. i've done challenges recently though.

have a great night everyone!

traceyk
Idol
traceyk
In response to Lamoo12

Oh I forgot my favorite scrapbook tool is definately my clear rubber stamps. It used to be bling, but once I started using the stamps, I cant stop. I don't really watch tv shows to much, However I am addicted to The LMN Movie channel. Have a nice weekend everyone.

obnxous1
Veteran
obnxous1
In response to traceyk

howdy all!
I think I am caught up to here...except the fave TV show thing. i am a sucker for crime dramas. Law and order, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc.
Can't wait to see what's up for the swap! I LOVE swaps, I am in 4 right now! Can't wait! I voted...for the fall theme one. Love that idea. I doubt that any of you would want a postcard from here...just desert.

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie
In response to obnxous1

nodt sure about the swap thing postage will be a bit much i think for me ...my birthday is 10 december

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

post card swap is prob the best for me postage wise but it wont worry me ..either way what you decide to do

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

welcome melanie

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

at the moment im doing a tag swap in the aussie forum there are some in my gallery if ya want to take a peek on the back we have details addie email msn addie etc etc they are lots of fun so i was thinking if we at some stage do the post card swap we could add a pic of ourselves and detial etc on the back for future reference just an idea though well im off for now see yas soon lol alli xxx

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Great idea Alli! We will see what we end up doing and of course not everyone has to participate. I do understand that it would cost more sending from Australia. Maybe we can make a plan that you send everything to me and I can mail from the states, that would definitely make it cheaper for you. Than you would only be paying to mail one bigger package/envelope to me and I could take care of the rest.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Don't forget to vote for the swap activity! So far it looks like we have the most votes for the postcard swap.
Can't wait to see what it will be on Monday!

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA MONICA THANKS FOR THAT

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Good Alli, I am glad that I mentioned it and do hope that it works out!

Scrappin in reno
Guru
Scrappin in reno
In response to Kel3

• kaythree Said:
  • Scrappin in reno Said:

I bet that was a nice trip did you take pictures?

yep, over 500. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to work on them at all, too busy this week. Ugh, my fault, I somehow decided it was a good idea to have 4 swaps due all around ummm now lol. And I'm having problems with my internet connection so that doesn't help.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Paula I didn't realize you were hosting so many swaps, plus you are participating in several swaps. You are a busy lady! Good luck. I am just finishing the 3 that I am in! Yay! I think I need a little break, I haven't had time to do any scrapping!

Scrappin in reno
Guru
Scrappin in reno
In response to Kel3

Are you married? nope
How many children? nope
Where do you work? at a Trucking Company
Favorite Food? chips & salsa
Where were you born and live now? I was born in Fairfield, CA and now live in Reno NV

Scrappin in reno
Guru
Scrappin in reno

yeah, I have boxes of swap stuff everywhere- and I started selling avon and went into leadership right away, which equals more boxes. I guess I don't like being bored lol. I went a little swap nutty, I kept coming up with ideas for swaps and opening more!!! I have so many ideas for swaps but I'm restraining myself. I haven't actually scrapped anything of my own in ages.

My fave scrap tool is my cricut- love that thing!!!

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

you @ 13 here is my latest tfl

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Paula-Thanks for the answers to the questions. I know there are a ton of them
Good luck with all the swappin! I for one need a small break because I really want to make some new LO's and with the swaps I haven't found the time.
Alli-I love the new LO. Have you been keeping up with the questions? If you haven't can you answer them.

I am going away this weekend so it will probably be quite here. I am going to try and take my laptop to the hotel but I don't know if I will have time to get online and chat. I will be back on Sunday so you guys just come up with some questions to ask each other. This is my step sisters wedding and my dd and I are in the wedding. It should be really nice.

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

so do i have to answer the questions i did tell everyone about myself before

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

what are the questions???????

Allisonaussie
Governor
Allisonaussie

married ...yes
children...2 a boy and a girl
work...part time at a gift shop / florist
scrapbooking for about 3 years
favourite scrap items atm...stamps and ink
but i do love all types of things bling stitching inking and the list goes on
other hobbies ....i also quilt and at christmas i collect snowmen
ummm anything else you want to know just ask and ill see what i can do hehehehehe

Edited by Allisonaussie on 09-21-07 04:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl

Alli-I collect snowmen too. I love to decorate my house at Christmas time, I think I have about 300 different kinds of snowmen. I don't always put them out because they take over my house. How about you? Do you decorate with them or what?
Ladies that can be the next question, do you have a collection and if so what is it?
Besides junk and sb supplies!!!

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

Hey Everyone, I can't keep up with you gals. I love to watch anything on HGTV, old movies, (I'm a sucker for Cary Grant) any of the Law & Order's, CSI.

Oh and My B-day is 08/15.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to redheadgirl

What else is there to collect besides SB Supplies
Before I became a scrapper, I collected cats.
For Christmas stuff I love Santa's!!

The poll was an even 33% straight across after I voted.....hmmm we need a tiebreaker

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-21-07 08:12 AM
In response to redheadgirl

wow been busy I will catch up with all the posts later. I thought I did my bday I guess I forgot. 12-12-74
Allison maybe if we did a swap since it would be harder for you being in Aussie what if you and Kylie just swapped and we could maybe just pick one person each here to swap instead of everyone.Or maybe pass one thing around.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-21-07 09:44 AM
In response to Kel3

I collect snow globes though I don't have very many.

santas my brother-in-law has about 1200 of them. It takes them a month to get them up and take them down

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Kel3

snowmen! i love snowmen! they are 95% of my winter/x-mas decorations! :-)

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Lamoo12

i just found out an hour ago that my parents are coming over for the weekend. in case i can't make up a viable excuse to get on here, i want to wish everyone a happy weekend!

traceyk
Idol
traceyk
In response to Lamoo12

Have a great time at the wedding Monica, Thank you Melanie for the nice comments you left on my lo's I'm going to catch up on everyone's gallery today, in between laundry, cooking and cleaning. Thats my Friday. I have a mary engelbreit christmas collection. I decorate a try and a room in Mary E. I alos have a Scottie/Schnauzer collection. I have a very large button collection which came from my grandmothers and great grandmothers. I could go on and on. I'm kind of a pak rat can't get rid of anything. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Page 1 of 119 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics