Page 1 of 88 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

This is a critique group; but it's also a social group to share projects, challenge each other, grow in our scrapping skills and techniques, and make friends.

Members:
Scrapperbee (Bev)
Sherrise
lcmemories (Laura)
MelissaW
CASBa (Cassie)
ariyavatkul
love4scrappin85 (Kristen)
AshleyLadd (Elaine)
Allisonaussie
Tealbrand (Mel)
runzalot81 (Alissa)

Inactive Members: Beth G, Wendyjo, AndreaO, taeklund, 3jmom (Diana), mamapickles (Martha), Croppin' Momma

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-30-11 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

Okay ladies, here's to a great CG #3. Hope you enjoy the first activity and challenge. As soon as we get settled, we'll try to get a swap going, probably for our March activity.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-12-08 02:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-12-08 03:08 PM

• scrapperbee Said:
Okay ladies, here's to a great CG #3. Hope you enjoy the first activity and challenge. As soon as we get settled, we'll try to get a swap going, probably for our March activity.

What is a BOM page??? LOL - that usually to me means Block of the Month (I teach quilting classes and that's what we call a one block per month program). hmmm... what could it be... Bring our Monsters? Break out Music? Blame our Mother? ok... I'll just wait for an answer - these sound too dangerous....

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to 3jmom

Book of Me! In other words, a lo about "Me"! Just a way for us to get to know each other better. Though some of your ideas sound a lot more exciting!

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-12-08 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Sounds great!! I'm in. Who doesn't love to talk about themselves!!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

BTW, please feel free to share any lo or project you're especially pleased with, or want some input for. Guess I forgot to mention that! And that really is the main purpose of a CG!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

What is BTW?

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

By the way! And, btw, there is a thread that explains the abbreviations used around here. I'll try to find it.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here is a thread of abbreviations: abbreviations

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here are my revised goals:

I would like to try some new techniques, and create a few pages that are out of my normal style (whatever that is!). I create both digi and real pages, as well as hybrid layouts. I am always open to suggestions on how to improve my pages. If anyone sees anything that isn't quite working, or can think of a way for my page to look better PLEASE let me know.

I am really looking forward to the challenges, as well as participating in some swaps within this group.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

• scrapperbee Said:
Here is a thread of abbreviations: abbreviations

Thanks! I'm in need of this. I try to go between THREE different websites with THREE different uses for some of the same abbreviations! (I moderate on a writing website as well as participate on an art website, but lately my favorite has become scrapbook.com again.)

Anyway, I already have a challenge done and I didn't even mean to! Haha! I'll post it here shortly, once I figure out how to link to a page again!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to MeliMedina

Here we go!

This is the newest layout, made for my BoM. There's other images, as well, with the close-up of the detail and the journaling, too.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Bev, this is great! Here's my new goals:

I would love to get more scrapping done. You gals are a great inspiration in that arena.
I want to get out of my comfort zone, and try new styles.

Bev, can you remind me what the three questions were that you wanted us to answer, please?! Thanks!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Oops.. forgot to subscribe

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Sherrise

Gah! I didn't realize that the BoM LO was to about SBing. I need to read closer.

OK. I'm done spamming the page for the evening. And Sherrise - the petals do match the more coral color on the LO. It came off more flourescent in the photos, for some reason or another. I just ran and checked because sometimes ink doesn't come out the color it's supposed to when used heavily. But it does match! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Here is my BOM...I have recently started scrapbooking in the last 6 months. It is weird because it has somewhat taken over my already semi, crazy life. I spend all my time, and money papercrafting of some sort. I have already started 3 albums!? Is that normal? I am kind of scared of this obsessed person I have become. Sunday isn't happening until I see the Michaels ad.
Anyway, my goals for 2008 is to keep making my layouts and cards more creative, more detailed. I want to learn more skills. I have signed up to take some card making classes at the local scrappin store. Hopefully they are helpful. I want to get to know gals on this site better, and get feedback, positive and negative, on my projects. I bet you guys didn't know that you could help me with my goals, huh? Also, my personal scrapbooking goals, is to keep to my monthly "creative" budget. I also want to start a group of gals locally to get together, and scrap.
There you have it, my aspirations, and you just met me!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Sherrise, the three questions:

1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are.

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet.

3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

I'm checking in, to make sure you have me!!

In answer to your questions.

1. i don't have a favourite scrapping style or technique, i just love scrapping and learning new techniques. i do like multi- pics and i like sketches.

2. As above, i just like trying new products, papers et,

3. Ideas:
  • postcard swap and create an album
  • ATC swap
  • LO with specific items to be included
  • LO made with all of from the groups photos
  • an easter card swap
  • Secret sister and make Lo using the supplies

That will do for now!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Kellmorris

HI all,

JCI very quickly, two kids and myself to get off to school!

I would love to join if there is still room Please!!!

Will check back later tonight! have a good day/night!!!!

Helena
XXXX

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Helena Philips

Hi Helene!! I love your gallery! I think am the only person on at the moment, since it is 2:58 a.m. here. I am certain Bev will be back in touch with you shortly.

Great lo Melissa!!

Wendy, this can really take over your life. I find it to be very therapeutic, although I still get in slumps now and again. Your goals are terrific. I need to take hold of that "creative" budget goal, and make that my own.

Ok, to answer the questions:

1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are: I have a bit of a grungy style I think, kind of shabby, which I hope leans toward "chic". I like for things to be layered. My photos tend to touch and overlap, and I often do multi pic layouts. When I began this obsession, oops I mean hobby, I started out with 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbooks, because they were so much less expensive, and the pages are easier to scan. Then, when I discovered digital, it was easier to print out in the size too, so the majority of my pages are that size. The exception are my vacation pages, which I almost always do in 12 x 12.

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet.
I need to learn to use stamps . . . yes, really, every time I have ever tried to do any stamping it looks horrendous. I would like to do more doodling, and possibly get one of those doodling genies to help add interest to my pages. My goal would be to get an even more layered textured layout as a finished product.

I'll just ditto anything anyone wants to do. I LOVE challenges, since they help keep me inspired. Lift challenges, sketch challenges, technique challenges are all fun.

I used to be involved in swaps quite a bit, and I really enjoy making things for people, especially a small group such as this one.

Edited by Laura C on 02-13-08 01:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to lcmemories

Hopefully I'm acu with updating the first post; if not, just let me know. I probably won't check in until later tonight--busy day.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Ok.. My answers:

I don't think I have a style, though eclectic is somewhat it.. I'd like to get even more eclectic. BUt sometimes I love very clean and simple.. how it looks. It's difficult for me to achieve.

Laura.. I'm with you, I'm terrible at stamping, and I just cannot figure out why. I have all sorts of lovely stamps, and I really shy away from them, for fear they will ruin my layout! So maybe we can learn to do better.. together! I can't think of anything else at the moment.
3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. I like the suggestions stated so far. I just would love to have us chatting together every day.. as friends, not only for critique. I want us to get to know each other, and really go to each other for help with scrapping, and otherwise!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Sherrise

Thanks so much for all of the comments, so far!

My answers to the questions:

I tend to say nothing, although looking through the majority of my layouts really reveals that I prefer clean and simple pages that focus on the photos and the journaling. Every once in a while, I do something a little more shabby chic.
I do love to both paper and digital SB, although I've been pushing myself to do more paper lately because, even though I create digital pages, I rarely print them off and put them in albums.

Hmmm... I'm usually pretty good about trying things at least once. I shy away from doodling a lot, although I have done it on a few layouts.

I like all of the suggestions, so far, too. And I'm with Sherrise. I would love to be more than just a CG. I would love that all of us are friends!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-13-08 08:01 AM

I don't know that I have a "style" - I've been told that my pages are bold, though. I LOVE papers from BasicGrey and all of those weathered, distressed things. I love to sew on my pages. I don't do many "girlie/foo foo" things because I have 3 boys... I like to use lots of photos if I can.

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet. Like several of us - I'm a little intimidated by stamps. I've used them a few times, but don't really "trust" them not to ruin my pages. I'd like to use more paint - but it's almost as scary as ink/stamps! lol

3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. not really any suggestions... I'm easy!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning Ladies, Thank you for the list of abbreviations. I think it would work best for me to type the whole word, other than learn that list.

Here are the answers to my three questions...

I do not have a scrapbooking style. I use magazines, and things I see in stores for inspriation. Like I said in my BOM, I want to make my LO's as creative as possible, and I will continue to try new things.

I do not have a certain technique. Like many of you have said, I want to learn to stamp better. I have so many stamps, and I love them, but I feel I many be a little high strung, or shaky to use them. I can never seem to not have my stamped image, be blurry. I am not giving up though. The material I love to use is Vellum. I want to get more ideas of what to do with it. (Any suggestion helps), please point me in the direction of an example any of you have.

As far as suggestions for our group. I am new, and am not sure of what the possibilites are, but someone earlier said something about a secret sister swap. Like a Secret Santa at Christmas time. I loved it in elementary school, when you would get little somethings from a "secret santa" every couple of days. I think that would be fun.

Have a good day everyone, I am having gals over to crop today, and I have scraplifted from Sherrise, and am going to work on that!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi Helene!! Nice to meet you!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

One last thing. How do you all have time to visit everyone's gallery? So many have left nice comments on my cards and layouts, I am struggling getting to all of yours. Don't give up hope on me. I will visit all of them soon!!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

So glad to see Helena joined!!

JUCI long day at work, and lots of travelling, out to Salsa tonight!! Speak later.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Wendy, don't worry about getting to all the lo's. We understand. On the other hand, some of us spend WAY too much time at our computers--it's sort of like a magnet--just a few more lo's, just a few more lo's, just a few more lo's.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

You all have left such nice comments on my Gallery, I want to do the same for you. In the last couple of days, my "scrappin" confidence has boosted. The only person I had for feedback was my husband. He's been busy with our taxes for the last two weeks. He says "Oh. That's nice sweetie", "Oh. I loke that one" I know he really could care less. He's got his mind on how much money we will pau Uncle Sam.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to wendyjo

Can I join you ladies?? is it too late?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to chelseavantol

Photo of Me By Wendyjo

If you are scraplifting, does your LO need to be identical?

Also, here is a photo of me taken today by my friend. I wanted you all to know what the girl your talking with in Montana looks like.

My minds eye is always way off, so I like to know what people look like.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Welcome, Helena, and Chelsea! I left some love in both galleries. You both have a gorgeous scrappin' style!!

To whomever asked about scraplifting.. it does not have to be exact. You can use anything about the layout that inspires you.. for instance just the color scheme.. the design, number of pictures, anything at all!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Welcome to all the new members! We have 12 names--as soon as I get info on 12, we'll close the group for the time being. Now to the first two projects--my BOM lo and a lift of Sherrise!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Hey laddddiieeeesss!! I am so excited to be a part of this group!!

Here is a little blurb about me that can be used in the first post:

Being a *brand* new scrapper of only a few weeks, I haven't found my 'style' just quite yet. I enjoy experimenting with different techniques and am currently trying to discover my scrapbooking niche. I have picked up a few magazines and find them very inspirational, but the best inspiration I get is from the creative ladies here on these forums. I love bright colors, glitter, girly papers, stickers, and multi-photo layouts that tell a story. I am looking forward to learning more advanced techniques and discovering things like stamping and distressing. My main goal is just to learn and grow, and find my own little place within this hobby. OH, and also improving my printing for journaling.

I am excited to get working on the 2 February layouts.. hopefully I will have something to post within the next couple of days!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Okay I probably won't get any of the activities done this month, but I will give it ago! I haven't done any BOM pages yet, I keep putting it off!!! Hate my own photos, hate having photos taken of me, hate talking about myself, LOL should make an interesting BOM, if I ever get to starting it!!!!

1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are: I don't think I have any specfic style, I just go with the flow!!! Whatever comes into my head and what I think works! At the moment I am trying to layer my layouts more!

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet. Stamping on my layouts!!! Doodling on my Photos! I have just conquered one, cutting into a background paper and using it to flow over the photo! I also want to do more painting on my layouts, I think that's enough!!!!

3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. I think something Like a circle book, have never done one, but have heard a lot about them, and they sound fun, and what a lovely keepsake of something friends have made! Love all ATC's,and general swapping. Love challenges and sketches, as they help with crafters block and generally get my off my bum and get scrapping! I will have a go at anything, and try to do all!!!

Hopefully I have answered ok, enjoyed reading all the other answers!!!

XXXX

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

thanks for all the visits to my gallery ladies!! I tried to return some love I started the scraplift challenge last night but I *hated* my layout.. boo! I am going to try something new today, and hopefully you will see it later.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Everyone! Just checking in today. I am hoping to get started on my LO tonight, but I don't know how much I will get done. I will be gone all this weekend. I am in a wedding on the other side of the state, so no scrapping for me til maybe Monday (day off for Presidents Day). I will try and visit some galleries today also!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Croppin Momma

Hey Nicole, where abouts on the west side will you be? I live in Kazalamoo (Kalamazoo, but I like my version better).

I, too, have my scraplift challenge stuff picked out. I just have to put it together. I'm a sporadic scrapper so it may be here and there over the next few days. And since DH and I are going out to dinner tonight, it may or may not happen until the weekend!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Croppin Momma

Hi Nicole and Chelsea!! Welcome!! I probably won't be doing any pages until this weekend. I did get up and churn out twenty library pockets to stick my son's valentines into before we left to take him to school today. That is about the extent of my creativity for the week. The good news was that I was able to finally use up some old red, pink and burgandy pp that I really did not like very much. They made great library pockets though.

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. We have soccer practice tonight, so nothing exciting going on at the moment. Just waiting for the end of the work day.

Take care, and ttfn!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Happy Valentine's Day! Got my Turkey pics from snapfish today, but not sure I'm going to scrap--may go to bed early instead!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi ladies... Welcome Chelsea! I'm just checking in for a minute, and then out. I have my scraplift LO completed. I need to figure out how to link mine, and the lift to here and the gallery. I'll get it done. I haven't started my BOM yet. Probably won't be until Sunday. Have a great Friday ladies. I know I will.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to wendyjo

Sooo... I finished the 'scraplift challenge'. Here's a link to the LO I did:

M+C Gallery Link

Here is the original layout by sherrise .

Somehow, it ended up coming out very different from the layout I was trying to scraplift. I am not good at copying things!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Chelsea, I love your lo!!

Wendy can't wait to see what you come up with on your lift. I generally have to link something, and then come back and edit that post to add something else, if that makes any sense. I haven't figured out how to create two links on the same page, but I think you might can by opening two different windows.

Nicole, you'll need to take lots of photos at the wedding. Have fun this weekend. So jealous of your day off on Monday. We only get Christmas, New Year's day, July 4, and Thanksgiving day off where I work now. A couple of years ago I worked for the State, and there are times when I miss that job, and especially the paid holidays.

Bev, can't wait to see the photos from your trip.

Sherrise, I know you recently took an exam. Have you gone back to school yet, or will that be this summer or fall? I am so excited for you.

Melissa, I hope you had fun with your honey. Dinner out is always so nice.

Soccer practice was cancelled at the last minute, and I have to say I was a bit relieved. My hubby has been gone on a business trip since Sunday morning, and it was a very lonely Valentine's Day. Of course, I had my little guy here, and that helped. I was able to get some cute photos too. I just need to download those, and add them to the list of pages I need to complete.

Just trying to catch up on everything here. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Great lift, Chelsea. That's one of the funs of lifting--they sometimes just take on their own personality. You picked a wonderful lo and then made it yours!

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Not sure when I'll get a chance to scrap as have ball games tonight,a Ruritan meal tomorrow night, plus other things to fit in between.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

JCI, going to scrap, will come back later with the results. nice to see you new members and all the activity. Exciting new start.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Here is my lift challenge from Sherrise's Gallery. I chose this LO because I love the pattererned paper, or it may be stamped, I can't tell. I love large flowers, and the simple journaling.
When I saw this LO, I was inspired, because I have never made a page from my husband and I's quicky wedding in Vegas. We sort of eloped. Our families knew we were getting married, they just didn't know when, and neither did we. We went to Vegas knowing that there was the ability to get hitched. We wore regular street clothes, because, we were really more concerned about having a good marriage, that spending thousands on a great wedding. I have never regretted getting married the way we did. I watch brides freaking out, and I say "There's always Vegas". You can even drive thru chapels there.
Anywhoo...Here is Sherrise's LO~
Tara and Brett wedding By Sherrise
Here is mine~
My Wedding Photo... By Wendyjo
One other thing is I LOVE the paper I used on this, and have been dying for the right reason to use it.
I hope you enjoy, and Sherrise, thank you for your great LO. I loved scraplifting it!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

Here is my BOM me page, I chose the theme relaxing, hope that is OK

[image] BOM : Relaxing By Kellmorris[/image]

and just to share some ATCs i have been doing for ATC swap for photo a day group

ATC swap: photo a day By Kellmorris" title=" ATC swap: photo a day By Kellmorris"ATC swap, photo a day group

I haven't really got the hang of this embedding yet, seem to get either {image} or the title written several times. Can anyone help??

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Thanks ladies for the comments on my lift Great job on yours wendyjo and kellmorris I *love* the theme you chose... I could go for some of that relaxation right now.

I was bad yesterday and went on a bit of a shopping spree when I went to th store to get an ink pad... I ended up spending a couple hundred $$, EEK!! But I got some great new stuff - can't wait to try it all out on my BOM page.. hopefully I can get that one done today! I'm trying to scrap like crazy before we leave for moving. I'm not looking forward to a few weeks of no scrapping! We went on a mini holiday last weekend for 3 days and I got so antsy with wanting to make things. I decided to take a notebook on the trip with me and sketch all of the ideas I think of while we're on the road so I don't forget aout them before I actualy scrap them. At least I wil be able to take multiple photos... I have some road trip themed items ready and waiting :P

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, when I embed I don't type in an extra title, it does it automatically. Just hit the link/embed underneath the image, change it to IMG, then copy the URL to this thread. It should do everything for you.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

ACUTH!

And dinner WAS great. I ate so much I came home and fell asleep with my 3 y/o while putting him to bed! LOL
I rarely indulge, though, so it was all good. Besides, that, DH ended up eating most of the dessert! haha!

OK, off to SB.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-15-08 02:25 PM

Happy Friday ladies! I just completed the scraplift of one of Sherrise's LO's. I used her " U Rock " Layout - I used almost the same title and the large photo on the top left. Love this one!

You Rock!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• Laura C Said:
Kell, when I embed I don't type in an extra title, it does it automatically. Just hit the link/embed underneath the image, change it to IMG, then copy the URL to this thread. It should do everything for you.

Thanks I think i may have got the hang of it now, i was posting it into the "world" symbol, but it goes straight into the post!!!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

I just completed the BOM activity

Me Right Now

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Lovin' the lo's. Must get off the computer and work on some of my own.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Here's my scraplift!

Original LO:

Fall
By Sherrise

My LO:

fall @ the cider mill
By MelissaW

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here's my title page for my Turkey album. I'm using an 8-1/2x11 that my church secret pal gave me, which is not my norm.

Turkey . . .

I had already picked that same LO to lift, Melissa.

Didn't get to my BOM or lift though tonight. And now--it's past my bed time. Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets lots of scrapping done.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• Kellmorris Said:

Thanks I think i may have got the hang of it now, i was posting it into the "world" symbol, but it goes straight into the post!!!

Yep, that's it! Much easier now. BTW, I love your latest!! The BOM page is wonderful, and your ATC's rock!!

Edited by Laura C on 02-16-08 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Bev, love the title on your latest. I need to try that with some alphas I have. I also wanted you to know that Debbieann has been posting on the old thread, trying to sign up, and I sent her this way. I told her to contact you.

Melissa, great job on the lift!! Your Valentine's dinner sounds like it was great! I fall asleep after bed time stories all the time. Of course, I then wake up a few hours later, and I can't go back to sleep for a while, but I just use that time to catch up here.

Hi Wendy, Diana, and Chelsea!! Everyone has been so busy!! I am off to check out your latest!! I need to get busy and finish my lift!! I think I am the only one who has not finished yet. YIKES!

Edited by Laura C on 02-16-08 02:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• chelseavantol Said:

I was bad yesterday and went on a bit of a shopping spree when I went to th store to get an ink pad... I ended up spending a couple hundred $$, EEK!! But I got some great new stuff - can't wait to try it all out on my BOM page.. hopefully I can get that one done today! I'm trying to scrap like crazy before we leave for moving. I'm not looking forward to a few weeks of no scrapping! We went on a mini holiday last weekend for 3 days and I got so antsy with wanting to make things. I decided to take a notebook on the trip with me and sketch all of the ideas I think of while we're on the road so I don't forget aout them before I actualy scrap them. At least I wil be able to take multiple photos... I have some road trip themed items ready and waiting :P

Love your new BOM page!! Looks like you purchased some wonderful goodies. I went shopping yesterday too! I finally purchased some clear acrylic stamps to add some swirls to my pages. I had been doing it with rub-ons mostly.

So, will you be moving very far, or is it a local move? Don't over-do it with your baby on the way. Taking a sketch book is a great idea! I think I might do something like that on our next vacation, and jot down journaling too, so I can add that to my pages later.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Hi Girls!! LOVE all the chatting and scrapping that's been going on here!!

I'm very flattered by all the beautiful lifts too!!
I hope to get my BOM done today or tomorrow. Today I have to take 4 15 year olds rock climbing! It's my daughter's birthday, and that's what she chose to do. The fun thing is, I have to be the anchor for them all day, lol. Doesn't that just sound like a total blast!? I'll get my upper arm exercise at least!

Laura, it sounds like you had a very tame Valentine's day! Does hubby travel with work very often? I know it must get lonely, and that's when I'm sure you're so thankful for your handsome young man!!!

I'm having trouble with the embedding of images as well. I didn't even realize you had to do the whole process differently. I guess I thought it was happening automatically somehow, and I just wasn't clicking the right button, lol. I'll be working on that!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Sherrise

Hi Sherrise!! The rock wall climbing sounds like fun, but I know I would not be able to do it. I really need to work on getting in better shape. Have a great time!!

The linking is so much easier now, since all you have to do is copy and past the IMG url link. At first I did not think I would like it, but now I LOVE it. It definitely makes findng links within threads easier, so that you can leave comments, even if you don't have time to read all the posts.

I am so thankful I had my little boy here on the 14th. Unfortunately, my hubby does travel a lot, so there are times when I am pretty much a single parent. Usually though, the dh makes an effort to be here on holidays. He just could not be here for this past Valentine's Day. I keep going back and forth between being a little sad about it, to being downright irritated that he did not do anything other than give me a call . . . Aaaah, it is over, time to make plans, yes big plans for next year. Payback ladies . . .

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Bev, I would like to join the group and join in the fun. I'm still a resident here but jumped into the challenges. I've been scrapping for 3 1/2 years now. I have completed for 4 albums now. Working on my father's 2nd volume, my oldest ds wedding album and my youngest ds college album.
I have all of my parent's pics now to scrap and my grandmother's. I am going to incorporate these into the family history. A tough job but someone has to do it. lol

I don't have a special style but whatever works with the pic. I love chipboard, my big shot and circut cutters. I take alot of the pics that I use. Right now I could open my own SB store with all the supplies I have. lol

Today is not the best day for me, it's my father's birthday and he passed almost 3 years ago. I miss him terribly.

Let me know what else you want to know about me.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Gemini Twins

AH Laura, you little devil, lol. I had to try very hard not to be hurt this year too. My hubby is the MOST thoughtful man on the earth, and this year, he just got overwhelmed with work.. and didn't get me even a card for Valentine's day. I did not let on at all that I was sad, because I know it was not intentional. He was so sad when he saw I had gotten him a rather nice present, and even our Daughters both got him something, and I made a lovely dinner. I have to look at it this way, there's been time where's he's gotten me something quite extravagent, and I'd gotten him something like socks, lol. So it all evens out (even though it's certainly not a contest!). This is me, rationalizing to myself, lol.

WELCOME Debbie Ann! We're so glad to have you, and I just know you're going to be a great contribution to our growing group! I'm sorry for your loss, I hope today goes by with only a few bittersweet memories!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Welcome, Debbieann. Sorry it took you a while to find us. I will update the first post today, and also mark it full for now. Great scrapping everyone!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Whew!! this thread suddenly has rocket fuel !!

JCI, working today and friends for dinner tonight so am off for nap for an hour catch up tomorrow. i'll try and get a start on the lift, can't decide which one they are all so great!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone. Here is my first lo for the weekend:
Yum By Laura C

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Debbie! So sorry for your loss. I am really looking forward to checking out your gallery. Welcome to the group!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Here is one I started last night and finished this AM while the boys were at swimming class with Daddy and Papa!

SPLASH
By MelissaW

Welcome to the group, Debbie. I'm sorry to hear about your father.

Off to check out the newest LO!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Ok, one more from me:

Happy Holidays By Laura C

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Finished two pages for my Turkey album. Instead of posting them individually, I'm going to wait til it's finished and then post the album.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take a nap, then work on my lift.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here is Sherrise's lo:Adore

Here is my lift:

Adore By Laura C

Edited by Laura C on 02-16-08 03:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

JCI

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Forgot I had papers to grade on line. Now to my lift.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here's my lift:

Adore
By Sherrise

Piano
By Scrapperbee

Guess I have a different take on it--but I would LOVE to have a Steinway!

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-16-08 07:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

• Laura C Said:
  • chelseavantol Said:

Love your new BOM page!! Looks like you purchased some wonderful goodies. I went shopping yesterday too! I finally purchased some clear acrylic stamps to add some swirls to my pages. I had been doing it with rub-ons mostly.

So, will you be moving very far, or is it a local move? Don't over-do it with your baby on the way. Taking a sketch book is a great idea! I think I might do something like that on our next vacation, and jot down journaling too, so I can add that to my pages later.

Pretty far!! From almost one coast of Canada to the other. We're taking it slow and will take about 15 days to drive there, including a 4 day stop in Toronto to visit friends.

I had a busy day today - my last nail appointment, a going away lunch, and then dinner/shopping with out of town friends. I picked up a bunch of great stuff for Jude at BabyGap.

Tomorrow I have a bridal shower and the movers are coming to get one load of stuff (so that means I have to organize it tonight). Busy busy weekend here! Unfortunately, it means no scrapping for me until *maybe* tommorrow night or Monday.. hopefully. We still have to deep clean out entire apartment.. we only have 7 more days left until we start moving. I do have some photos from a recent baby shower and will have the wedding shower photos soon as well so my goal is to at least complete those pages this week. I'm also working on a half finished "baby" chipboard word album.. hope to get that done too.

I picked up a bunch of stamps over the last couple days - can't wait to try them! I'm fairly new to stamping but loving the effect so far..

Edited by chelseavantol on 02-16-08 08:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
Hi Girls!! LOVE all the chatting and scrapping that's been going on here!!

I'm very flattered by all the beautiful lifts too!!
I hope to get my BOM done today or tomorrow. Today I have to take 4 15 year olds rock climbing! It's my daughter's birthday, and that's what she chose to do. The fun thing is, I have to be the anchor for them all day, lol. Doesn't that just sound like a total blast!? I'll get my upper arm exercise at least!

Laura, it sounds like you had a very tame Valentine's day! Does hubby travel with work very often? I know it must get lonely, and that's when I'm sure you're so thankful for your handsome young man!!!

I'm having trouble with the embedding of images as well. I didn't even realize you had to do the whole process differently. I guess I thought it was happening automatically somehow, and I just wasn't clicking the right button, lol. I'll be working on that!

You didn't climb yourself!! lol I know that I couldn't do it. I took my youngest ds paint balling. It was fun to watch. I wished that I had my camera then.

Today Baby Girl and I went to a public park here for Paws In Ther Park. It had pet vendors there with info on everything to do with pets. I got some pictures. Boy, I had never seen so many dogs in one place before. She got plenty of treats and a hot dog. We were both very tired from it. Now to print out the photos for a LO. Ain't it great when a plan comes together? lol

Edited by debbieann on 02-16-08 11:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
Here's my lift:

Adore
By Sherrise

Piano
By Scrapperbee

Guess I have a different take on it--but I would LOVE to have a Steinway!

I love the LOs, especially Adore. The pic is absolutely great. Great job.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Good morning all.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Love the LO. The picture is soo cute.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
WELCOME Debbie Ann! We're so glad to have you, and I just know you're going to be a great contribution to our growing group! I'm sorry for your loss, I hope today goes by with only a few bittersweet memories!

I spent the day at the park for Paws in the Park with one of my dogs, Baby Girl. She loves going places. We walked, she ate, had our pictures taken and got plenty of samples. It kept me busy and tired me out.

Thank you. I just thinking that he was always supportive of my talents and would have liked the fact I was creative today.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• Laura C Said:
Hi everyone. Here is my first lo for the weekend:
Yum By Laura C

Love the LO, especially the photo! Great job!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• Kellmorris Said:
Good morning all.

You are up early!! Good morning to you also. Getting ready for today's crop.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Kell!!

Debbie, it sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. A crop sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pages and projects you finish. I really like crops,although some days I do more visiting than creating pages.

Chelsea, good luck on your move!! Fifteen days of traveling is such a long time, even with a four day stop to see friends. Packing is always hard, but I can't imagine doing that and expecting a baby too. Take lots of rest breaks, and DON'T be lifting anything too heavy. Let us know just before you leave, and post when you get back so we will know you are ok.

Melissa and Bev, love your latest!!

I am trying to alternate between the digi pages and the real pages so I can get more done. I still haven't finished 2007 yet, so I am trying to do some of that and keep sort of current on 2008. Funny thing is that the digi pages will often take as long as the other ones do. I just don't have as big of a mess. I went back after printing out my Adore lo, and added real gitter to the digi glitter hearts, and they just pop off the page now. You can really see how much my little boy has changed when you compare the photo taken in 2005 to the one taken the other day.

Well, a storm woke me up, but I am going back to bed. Thanks for all the love on my pages girls!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. It's raining here, which I'd rather see, but it's going to freeze later on so tomorrow is going to be a NIGHTMARE for those who are driving (not me - I still have 4 days before I go back to work - YAY!).

I have 2 newsletters to write for today, so depending on how long that takes me, I may or may not be able to scrap since I will have to compete with hubby wanting to watch the Datona 500. I don't know if anybody else here follows Nascar, but I have no choice. DH and my 3 y/o DS love it so I have learned to enjoy it, as well. I think if I get the chance, I may finally get around the the Nascar LO I had bought the supplies for DS. It involves more Jolees - ugh - but I had a sketch and everything in mind for it so it shouldn't be as challenging to make work like my last one.

I also have some invitations to get done. I have quite a few orders to fill in that arena and I haven't even been trying!

Anyhow, I hope you all have a wonderful day. I am ACUTH and LOVE all of the new LOs. Chelsea - I cannot believe you are moving and pregnant to boot - my hero! Will check back in later!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• debbieann Said:
  • Kellmorris Said:
Good morning all.

You are up early!! Good morning to you also. Getting ready for today's crop.

I'm always up before you because I am in England and in a different time zone, i sometimes get to chat with a friend in California because she is going to bed when i get up!! I am usually in bed by the time you gals get playing, so i usually check in when i get up to see what you have all been up to!!

How did the crop go??

Edited by Kellmorris on 02-17-08 12:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here's a quick lo of dgs--my favorite scrapbooking topic.

Fireman Sam

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

happy sunday ladies!! i just got back from my bridal shower.. off to organize my desk and maybe do a LO or two

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-17-08 03:32 PM

Hi ladies! loving everyone's LO's! I have another one - yes, can you believe??? 2 in one weekend! That's pretty amazing for me - I usually only do about 2 a month! lol!

I'm Thinking of an Animal...

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to 3jmom

Oh My, this thread is busy!!!!

Sorry I haven't completed a layout yet, but I have been feeling poorly, and I still can't shake this cold, I have been going to bed early, when I am usually on here or scrapping or doing college work!! I have got all my college work done now, so I am ready for some serious scrapping over the next few days, so I might be missing again!!! LOL

See you all in a few days, oh BTW loving all the layouts so far!

XXXX

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Helena, what classes are you taking??

Laura, I forgot you asked me about my test!! I totally forgot to share my new with you gals! I passed that test with flying colors, and I've since been accepted into nursing school. I'll be starting in August!! You'll see MUCH less of me then, I'm sure!!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Here's what I did yesterday: the Eyes have it By Sherrise

And today: My Sense of Style By Sherrise

And the other day: Things I'm wild about By Sherrise

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Ooooo I figured it out, lol. I really didn't even try before. What fun!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Wow, Sherrise, congrats--though don't like the thought of you not being around here as much. And great scrapping. And the scrapbooking lo fits the BOM activity for this thread too.

I've been working some more on my Turkey album. With no school tomorrow, I'm hoping to make some real progress.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

It does, Bev! Thanks for pointing that out, as I was having trouble with that. I couldn't print out any pictures for it, as I'm out of ink!! Thanks.. that'll be my BOM entry then!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Sherrise

And one last one from me before the weekend is officially over in my house!

Biggest Little Race Fan
By MelissaW

More use of my endless stash. Seriously... I don't even think I've put a dent in it and I've made quite a few LOs in the past couple of weeks!

Off to check out the new stuff!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
I passed that test with flying colors, and I've since been accepted into nursing school. I'll be starting in August!! You'll see MUCH less of me then, I'm sure!!

Way to go, girl!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here's a lo I did for the Use Your Supplies challenge--hidden journaling. Not my usual style, but I really had fun with it--also had fun playing the "piano" with dgs!

Mak'n Music

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Good morning ladies. Got a list of things to do today. Have a 60% coupon with my name on it and my LSS is having a 40% sale. But first I have to get my chores done and have my coffee. lol

I looked at the LO for the Feb. Challenge and picked one out to lift. I have the pic in mind to use.

I had done one that would fit the BOM activity. Can I use that one or do you want a new LO?

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hi all,

Question: Can I combine the BOM and Scraplift activity together???

XXXX

Page 1 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics