Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: The ~OCD~ Group "Organizing, Collecting, Diva's"        (Topic#1474107)
GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

We are just a group of Divia's who are obsessed with Organizing ourCollection of scrapbook supplies, photos, negatives, computer files, etc...now we're moving on to the rest of the house LOL!

We are quite fond of sharing our, ideas, LO's, art work, techniques, and chit chat...

We have an open door policy here...Our Door will Always be Open, no need to Knock just come on in, sit a spell, and lets talk about getting things organized.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to GrandmaG

Hi Janet! Thanks for doing this

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to CrazyScrapbooker

awesome Idea Janet!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Like Monk say's... LOL...out loud!

I took the negative sleeves to work hoping I could put some negatives in there...wouldn't you know it, it was crazy tonight! I had to work

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

I want in!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Pick me, pick me, pick!!!!!

I actually worked in my room last night so I am closer to getting Alli's desk moved as well! Threw away a lot while she was sleeping!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to ReadySetDistress

Good Morning! The doors open...come on in....LOL! Vivian did ya'll go back and get the desk?

Audra - Bless her heart...you don't think she'll miss the stuff you threw out? Maybe she won't when she sees her desk being moved.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-02-08 11:27 AM
In response to GrandmaG

I want in, too!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Good Morning! The doors open...come on in....LOL! Vivian did ya'll go back and get the desk?

Audra - Bless her heart...you don't think she'll miss the stuff you threw out? Maybe she won't when she sees her desk being moved.

DH asked me to wait but now that he's seen prices of desks and fully understood what I wanted to get for $40 each, I think he's reconsidering. Especially after treating me meanly today. But I'm not too proud to work the guilt angle!!! Soo... Maybe Monday? May need to rent a truck.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• JollyScrapper Said:

I actually worked in my room last night so I am closer to getting Alli's desk moved as well! Threw away a lot while she was sleeping!

LOL that is the best way to do it, since kids are such pack rats (LOL I know, look whos talking)

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

Hi everyone

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to Josiology

Just checking in so I can find you'll later

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-02-08 05:07 PM
In response to scrapinboyz

Hi everyone!! Well today was a big day here...we decided to redo the laundry room and the mud room. Big task...new floors, new paint, everything new!! I won't be doing the floors or any of the construction stuff but I will be painting and supervising all the work. LOL!!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to ange

• ange Said:
Hi everyone!! Well today was a big day here...we decided to redo the laundry room and the mud room. Big task...new floors, new paint, everything new!! I won't be doing the floors or any of the construction stuff but I will be painting and supervising all the work. LOL!!

Awesome...sounds like you'll have a lot of fun...hope you keep us updated with pics

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

• JollyScrapper Said:

Awesome Audra!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to Josiology

Um...ok...so I've spent the last 7 or so months chipping away at my room...constant mind changing, reorganizing, etc all to get my room to a comfy, practical, functional, and aesthetically pleasing state. Weeeeellll...leave it to me...guess what I got today!? A new desk! and two new bookshelves! One of my clients at work owns her own drafting company. Well, due to the market being as slow as it is, she's moving her 'business' into her home. Which meant, that she had a bunch of office furniture/equipment that she was getting rid of. She offered a desk, two bookshelves, and a drafting plotter (prints up to 24" wide!!!) to me. "Stoked" doesn't begin to describe how happy I was/am to have been on the receiving end of this FREE offer. The printer alone retails for about $8000.00, so um, yeah, what a blessing!!!

So, that's what I've been doing today...moving my old glass desk out and my new wooden one in and getting everything REorganized on it.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-02-08 07:50 PM
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • ange Said:

Awesome...sounds like you'll have a lot of fun...hope you keep us updated with pics

Yes, I will absolutely be keeping everyone updated with pics.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-02-08 07:51 PM
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Um...ok...so I've spent the last 7 or so months chipping away at my room...constant mind changing, reorganizing, etc all to get my room to a comfy, practical, functional, and aesthetically pleasing state. Weeeeellll...leave it to me...guess what I got today!? A new desk! and two new bookshelves! One of my clients at work owns her own drafting company. Well, due to the market being as slow as it is, she's moving her 'business' into her home. Which meant, that she had a bunch of office furniture/equipment that she was getting rid of. She offered a desk, two bookshelves, and a drafting plotter (prints up to 24" wide!!!) to me. "Stoked" doesn't begin to describe how happy I was/am to have been on the receiving end of this FREE offer. The printer alone retails for about $8000.00, so um, yeah, what a blessing!!!

So, that's what I've been doing today...moving my old glass desk out and my new wooden one in and getting everything REorganized on it.

That is AWESOME!! Can't wait to see pics of your new desk!!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to ange

Here's the desk:

New Desk all set up
By Joda

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 08-02-08 08:25 PM
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
We are just a group of Divia's who are obsessed with Organizing ourCollection of scrapbook supplies, photos, negatives, computer files, etc...now we're moving on to the rest of the house LOL!

We are quite fond of sharing our, ideas, LO's, art work, techniques, and chit chat...

We have an open door policy here...Our Door will Always be Open, no need to Knock just come on in, sit a spell, and lets talk about getting things organized.

Count me in Janet....Will be great to keep in touch with all new and old friends!!....and LOVE the motivation and ideas!!

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 08-02-08 08:29 PM
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Here's the desk:

New Desk all set up
By Joda

Looks wonderful!!!! and Free is soooooooooooo good!!

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps
In response to Ande

YAY Joda!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:

that is soooo awesome!!! congrats to ya

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Briannasmom

Joda I love that new desk of yours\

hello to the rest of you girls!!!

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Here's the desk:

New Desk all set up
By Joda

Looks great...drooling over your new printer tho' LOL What an awesome deal!

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to ange

• ange Said:

Cool! Did you get before pictures? LOL

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
  • JollyScrapper Said:

LOL that is the best way to do it, since kids are such pack rats (LOL I know, look whos talking)

That may work for craft stuff but toys are a bit harder as the child in question is usually sleeping in the same room you're trying to purge LOL

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

DH asked me to wait but now that he's seen prices of desks and fully understood what I wanted to get for $40 each, I think he's reconsidering. Especially after treating me meanly today. But I'm not too proud to work the guilt angle!!! Soo... Maybe Monday? May need to rent a truck.

The desk saga LOL keep us posted

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Like Monk say's... LOL...out loud!

I took the negative sleeves to work hoping I could put some negatives in there...wouldn't you know it, it was crazy tonight! I had to work

Bummer when you have to work AT work LOL

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-03-08 08:55 AM
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Here's the desk:

New Desk all set up
By Joda

That desk is awesome and you did a amazing job setting everything up!!

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-03-08 08:57 AM

• scrapinboyz Said:
  • ange Said:

Cool! Did you get before pictures? LOL

That is on my agenda for today. Hopefully the guys will start later in the week. I want to get the mud room painted before the flooring goes in.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to ange

Oh MY Goodness I'm sooooo behind!!! I'll catch up tonight I hope...if it's not storming like it was last night!

Gosh I love that Desk! I can' wait to take a closer look...gota go to work...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:

Wow! That's fantastic! About you not her business. A plotter?! Wish I had one!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrapinboyz Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

That's what it is, ain't it?

Today, we got free furniture for living from another wonderful neighbor here at sb.c. Thanks, KellyLeigh!!! And today is our wedding anniversary. I suggested we get furniture to celebrate the anniversary and we got it for free! So now I'm hinting about the desks again.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

Happy Anniversary Vivian!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Here's the desk:

New Desk all set up
By Joda

I love this desk! Lots of room!! I'm sorry to hear about your friend closing down and moving her business home...DH did that last year. I think a lot of small business owners are doing it to cut the overhead cost.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Ange you lucky girl...I would love to have a mud room. Don't forget to share the pics!

Hello Ande!! Yep I'm loving the ideas everyone has for scrapbook stuff...I already see that I'll be making some changes in my stuff. I felt it would probably happen once I started back scrapping.

Gosh Joda I overlooked the huge printer! I guess I was drooling to heavily over the desk! Where's the pics of the book shelves? Are you going to use them in your scraproom too?

Yep Sherri it is horrible to have to actually work while I'm at work...LOL! It was another bad night tonight too...Pay day weekend for the soldiers...same `ole routine for them, get paid..get drunk..get arrested..make GrandmaG work! LOL!

The Desk Saga... LOL! sounds like a good soap opera!

Ooooo Happy Anniversary Vivian!! Great anniversary gift (I wish DH would get me a recliner)...I love your little hints tho... I think I'll try the furniture anniversary gift on DH...ours is coming up in November...

ok I think I'm all caught up here...now I need to look at some LO's...

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

HEEEEEEY!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

• scrapinboyz Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

Today, we got free furniture for living from another wonderful neighbor here at sb.c. Thanks, KellyLeigh!!! And today is our wedding anniversary. I suggested we get furniture to celebrate the anniversary and we got it for free! So now I'm hinting about the desks again.

happy anniversary!! mine and dh was yesterdays
have a great anniversary

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The 3rd was our anniversary. When was yours, Mandi?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

the 3rd as well too funny hehe. I didnt even look at the date trying to play catch up right now lol
did you have a good day?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Pretty good considering but ain't that the usual? How about you?

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

haha yeah I so hear that same stuff different day usually lol
ours was good got a babysitter to watch Brianna for a few hrs was nice went out to eat without a little one tagging along lol

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Finally took pix. Tons of stuff I need suggestions on where to put, how to put, etc. Still in flux.

Chairs

My Embellie Organizer

Album and Pegboard Area

Tools and 12x12 Cardstock

Rest of the wall

Dies and Punches

Where I've been scrapping 1

Where I've been scrapping 2

Cropping area

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

Sorry Vivian...the sheer size of your space and supplies overwhelms me

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Overwhelms me at times, too.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
  • JollyScrapper Said:

Same Here!

Janet, she hasn't missed anything but this weekend we were so busy out and about and school has started that she hasn't had the time to care. But I did worn her...lol

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

[quote=briannasmom][quote =Bling Fairy Vivian][quote=scrapinboyz ][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian][quote=GrandmaG]Go od Morning! The doors open...come on in....LOL! Vivian did ya'll go back and get the desk?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
happy anniversary!! mine and dh was yesterdays
have a great anniversary
[/quote]

I hope you had a great one Mandi!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Vivian I love those chairs!! Looks to me like you are on the right track, but it really depends on how you scrap as to where you place things. I know you've seen my set up and so far it has been working really well for me.

You have by far MORE stuff than I do! I think you might like having smaller storage things close to you or on your desk for scrapping...here’s what I do..

I gather my pics and go shopping so to speak for embellies and paper for the LO, and put it all in this MM desktop organizer, It holds a lot of paper in the back slot, packaged embellies in the smaller slot and the drawers are perfect for little things…

Right side of scrap desk against wall
By GrandmaG

As I go what embellies I don’t use I’ll drop in the orange things on this side of my desk. I’ll put it all away when I finish the projects.

Continuing around the desk
By GrandmaG

So far those things and the MM desktop tool thing have been a blessing. It really keeps me focused on what in front of me not having so much clutter on the desk. Once I swap out the wide rail shelf with the smaller ink pad shelf and paint holder it’ll work even better for me. I plan on putting the wide rail shelf under my desk off to the side for glues and stickles. On the top little shelf on the desk I only put my hand tools and the bottom desk area I have enough room to work on 6, 12x12 LO’s at a time. As glue/paint dries on one I’m cutting and starting on another one. When I have finished with everything that is in the MM box I clean off the desk and start over.

I hope it helps.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Audra I was a little worried about that...it didn't take my little ones but two clean ups from me for them to learn if they really want it they need to put it up...did the same thing with my DGD's. But you were really sneaky waiting for the perfect timing so she wouldn't miss it LOL!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to GrandmaG

Happy anniversary ladies!

Viv- great space...you've done a lot of work in there! WOW.

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps
In response to Josiology

I have to say .... one of the good things about these last 2 challenges is that I now have a permanent purge box! (Well, right now it is actually a purge bag, because the box got mixed up with some other boxes I have in storage and I'm too lazy to go through all of them to find the purge stuff) Even though I went through lots of stuff for the challenges and purged, I find that as I work, I'll still come across stuff and wonder why I ever bought it - so into the purge bag it goes! Thanks for that, Janet!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Josiology

Thanks, everyone. Still got alot to do and more to do once dh gets real walls built in there. Wish I could have a scrappy friend over to just help stay focused on getting things organized. Not let me wonder off.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Vivian I love those chairs!! Looks to me like you are on the right track, but it really depends on how you scrap as to where you place things. I know you've seen my set up and so far it has been working really well for me.

You have by far MORE stuff than I do! I think you might like having smaller storage things close to you or on your desk for scrapping...here’s what I do..

I gather my pics and go shopping so to speak for embellies and paper for the LO, and put it all in this MM desktop organizer, It holds a lot of paper in the back slot, packaged embellies in the smaller slot and the drawers are perfect for little things…

Right side of scrap desk against wall
By GrandmaG

As I go what embellies I don’t use I’ll drop in the orange things on this side of my desk. I’ll put it all away when I finish the projects.

Continuing around the desk
By GrandmaG

So far those things and the MM desktop tool thing have been a blessing. It really keeps me focused on what in front of me not having so much clutter on the desk. Once I swap out the wide rail shelf with the smaller ink pad shelf and paint holder it’ll work even better for me. I plan on putting the wide rail shelf under my desk off to the side for glues and stickles. On the top little shelf on the desk I only put my hand tools and the bottom desk area I have enough room to work on 6, 12x12 LO’s at a time. As glue/paint dries on one I’m cutting and starting on another one. When I have finished with everything that is in the MM box I clean off the desk and start over.

I hope it helps.

that is such a great system you have going on there great idea!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

Thanks, everyone. Still got alot to do and more to do once dh gets real walls built in there. Wish I could have a scrappy friend over to just help stay focused on getting things organized. Not let me wonder off.

if I lived closer I would come help ya organize!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Ande

alright ladies I have in a little contest on another website stamps papers scissors I am a DT memeber over there and our contest is to see how many referrals we can get all ya gotta do is register here http://stamps-paper-sciss ors.com/
then email the main designer here [email protected] rs.com telling her your username and that I sent ya. come help me out hehehe

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to doriscraps

• doriscraps Said:
I have to say .... one of the good things about these last 2 challenges is that I now have a permanent purge box! (Well, right now it is actually a purge bag, because the box got mixed up with some other boxes I have in storage and I'm too lazy to go through all of them to find the purge stuff) Even though I went through lots of stuff for the challenges and purged, I find that as I work, I'll still come across stuff and wonder why I ever bought it - so into the purge bag it goes! Thanks for that, Janet!

You know that's a great idea to have a permanent purge box! Now I have a use for the other big basket box I have....thanks for the idea!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I think when the walls are in there you'll feel more organized and not so distracted.

If gas prices weren't so darn high I'd drive up there and help you...With all the space you have and the time you have done all this in, (and scrap at the same time) I think you have done an AMAZING job! Ya know at the rate you're working in a few months from now we are going to be laughing at this and admiring your AWESOME finished space!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I would love to Mandi but I'm having a tough time right now just keeping up with the e-mail I currently get and the threads on this board.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I got the stamp pad holder and the paint holder up on the rail last night before I went to bed...looks good too...I'll find out how it works today!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Oh I almost forgot to show ya'll this...

Altered Bazzill magnetic frame
By ~{Puppet}~

I haven't moved my dry erase board yet, but after seeing this I might leave the board for the girls to play with, and make one of these instead!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

I'll be more than glad to anyone come and stay over night. I've got the room. And no work either, just scrap and crack the whip toward me when you see me wondering off.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I saw on one of those room make over shows where they used a mirror as a message board. Thought that was pretty cool.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
I would love to Mandi but I'm having a tough time right now just keeping up with the e-mail I currently get and the threads on this board.

thats alright no worries

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

By ~{Puppet}~

I haven't moved my dry erase board yet, but after seeing this I might leave the board for the girls to play with, and make one of these instead!

you can also alter a cookie sheet and hang it. had someone make me one in an altered swap I am in and it is awesome. just an idea I'd thought I'd throw out there

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

alright ladies I think I posted this before but i cant remember but I have a huge binder I think the biggest one you can buy the 3 ring binders that is well its FULL of clear stamps and my collection keeps growing. is there a better way to store them. right now they are on trasparencies in sheet protectors. thanks ladies

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I went back to that Surplus place and one of the desks is gone. So that temptation is gone. They got a huge shipment of computer station desks, no drawers, just the drop down for the keyboard. Still not tempted.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marlene, I bought my dh a very similar set of tool boxes years ago that he's been using. Then for his birthday last year, his mother bought him this set. It was either return it of let me use it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I do plan to host crops in the near future. And no, there is never enough room. Well, at least I tend to fill up spaces.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in to say I am moving furniture!!!! It took the challenge to end to get my tail in gear...

I have moved the white cabinet (still have to get the shelf back on the top of the base and need to unload alli's desk to move it to it new home. maybe have pics later!!!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Ok, so here is my room as of tonight. Its a hot mess but hopefully all of this will be over soon so I can organize. Still have to finish paint...

The hot mess from the door but the desks are moved to their new home!!!
By JollyScrapper

My DD's side of the room and new home for my white cabinet
By JollyScrapper

The unfinished wall...lol Gotta paint it...sigh
By JollyScrapper

My side of the room!
By JollyScrapper

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Carol...here's Sadie!!!

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I am so all by myself... guess I should go to bed...

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Yes Vivian I have thought of paint the cabinet but I am not sure that it will stay in here. It was my chest of drawers when I was a toddler.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm here. Just looked at your room.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I have a hard time painting/redoing some thing's that's old and/or sentimental.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I haven't felt that way, because I want to keep it so I will make it work to keep it in my house. It is either going to stay in here and I paint it white or I am going to put it in my living room and either stain it or paint it expresso like the rest of my furniture and change the knobs. I have my toy box as well and plan to do the same color for it to be in my living room.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

My dh entered our marriage with some truly ugly furniture. I don't think he actually bought any of it but his waterbed. One was a bachelor's chest (cross between night stand and chest of drawers in size and function). I hated it until I painted it white. Then stuck it in the bottom of the linen closet in our master bathroom. It's now perfect!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

isnt it great when something so horridly ugly turns into something really cool when you paint it or whatever

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Sure is! Next time I think I'll toss a bit of loose glitter in before the paint dries.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

hehe there ya go cant go wrong with glitter

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

• briannasmom Said:
the 3rd as well too funny hehe. I didnt even look at the date trying to play catch up right now lol
did you have a good day?

Somehow missed this...Happy belated Anniversary Mandi!

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

If I thought I could get away from DH and the boys for a week or so I'd fly out! You'll get it all together, don't worry.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

By ~{Puppet}~

That is so cool! I'm thinking I need to come up with something like that for my space.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

• JollyScrapper Said:
Carol...here's Sadie!!!

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Such a pretty fur-baby!

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

• JollyScrapper Said:
I haven't felt that way, because I want to keep it so I will make it work to keep it in my house. It is either going to stay in here and I paint it white or I am going to put it in my living room and either stain it or paint it expresso like the rest of my furniture and change the knobs. I have my toy box as well and plan to do the same color for it to be in my living room.

That's so cool you have those things from childhood. I've got a couple dolls...yeah my boys were thrilled with those LOL...and I snagged my parents bedroom set when we moved as kids (one day I'll actually get around to refinishing it!)

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 08-06-08 09:28 AM

• JollyScrapper Said:
Carol...here's Sadie!!!

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

Sadie By JollyScrapper

What a cutie!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I saw on one of those room make over shows where they used a mirror as a message board. Thought that was pretty cool.

mmmm....a mirror that is a cool idea!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• briannasmom Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

By ~{Puppet}~

you can also alter a cookie sheet and hang it. had someone make me one in an altered swap I am in and it is awesome. just an idea I'd thought I'd throw out there

That's another cool idea! I'm going to make one of the cookie sheets for the kitchen but was planning to use post-it notes for grocery list, what was used for the dry erase part?

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• briannasmom Said:
alright ladies I think I posted this before but i cant remember but I have a huge binder I think the biggest one you can buy the 3 ring binders that is well its FULL of clear stamps and my collection keeps growing. is there a better way to store them. right now they are on trasparencies in sheet protectors. thanks ladies

Gosh you've got a lot of stamps! Have you seen what Ande did with hers? She had an enormous collection of rubber stamps she took off the blocks and moved them over.

I'm using the cd cases and was going to swap over to something else because I have a few that are too big for the cd case. I've decided to leave what I've already done alone and put the bigger ones in a binder box.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I went back to that Surplus place and one of the desks is gone. So that temptation is gone. They got a huge shipment of computer station desks, no drawers, just the drop down for the keyboard. Still not tempted.

Maybe it was a good thing they were gone...what were you going to put in the drawers? Could two people sit at one desk?

I'm still thinking the light weight banquet tables would be the best choice for what your planning. I know they are not much on looks but the price is reasonable, depending on the size you get two to four people per table. In the long run they will be easy to put up and take down and store, depending on how many come over for the crop. Paint washes off of them easier than the wooden ones too. I would use the heavy wood table for an area they could use for something like the sewing machine if they wanted to sew on their LO.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• JollyScrapper Said:
Ok, so here is my room as of tonight. Its a hot mess but hopefully all of this will be over soon so I can organize. Still have to finish paint...

The hot mess from the door but the desks are moved to their new home!!!
By JollyScrapper

My DD's side of the room and new home for my white cabinet
By JollyScrapper

The unfinished wall...lol Gotta paint it...sigh
By JollyScrapper

My side of the room!
By JollyScrapper

Will the TV and cabinet fit between the two desks in front of the window?

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I worked all last night and well into the wee hours of the morning on LO's and letters for ange's swap. I finally shut it down and went to bed when the Wishblade sent it's message it was hot and tired. LOL! So tonight I'll be doing the same. I really want to finish the Newman genealogy album I'm working on by the end of the month, but it aint gona happen! 400 years of generations in 4 weekends, LOL!

Well I'll be working on letters for the swap today. I just hope the `ole Wishblade doesn't get heated up until it finishes.

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

Maybe it was a good thing they were gone...what were you going to put in the drawers? Could two people sit at one desk?

I'm still thinking the light weight banquet tables would be the best choice for what your planning. I know they are not much on looks but the price is reasonable, depending on the size you get two to four people per table. In the long run they will be easy to put up and take down and store, depending on how many come over for the crop. Paint washes off of them easier than the wooden ones too. I would use the heavy wood table for an area they could use for something like the sewing machine if they wanted to sew on their LO.

Only one person per desk. Much sturdier than any of those folding tables.

I just don't want to spend the money on tables I personally don't like. I know I wouldn't put things into the desks unless they were lockable. What I really loved about these was on both sides they had the pull out extra writing spaces. Nice feature. The on each side was a file drawer, then on the bottom about a 5 inch tall drawer that locked. And a center lockable drawer, too. All for $40. That's the price I paid for my little folding table that's wobbly.

Need to forget about these. Or pray they get more in!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
  • briannasmom Said:

Gosh you've got a lot of stamps! Have you seen what Ande did with hers? She had an enormous collection of rubber stamps she took off the blocks and moved them over.

I'm using the cd cases and was going to swap over to something else because I have a few that are too big for the cd case. I've decided to leave what I've already done alone and put the bigger ones in a binder box.

I just got the ps something or another binder I think its by Cropper Hopper not for sure though nad thinking if I can find 12x12 tranparencies or something like that, that the stamps can stick to them I can put them in there ugh still thinking

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
I worked all last night and well into the wee hours of the morning on LO's and letters for ange's swap. I finally shut it down and went to bed when the Wishblade sent it's message it was hot and tired. LOL! So tonight I'll be doing the same. I really want to finish the Newman genealogy album I'm working on by the end of the month, but it aint gona happen! 400 years of generations in 4 weekends, LOL!

Well I'll be working on letters for the swap today. I just hope the `ole Wishblade doesn't get heated up until it finishes.

hope the Wishblade doesnt get heated up before you are finished with it tonight!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Vivian - they do sound nice. We must have different type foldout tables, mine was really sturdy I just couldn't sew on it, the sewing machine or serger would bounce. DH uses it in his shop now to display new computer towers in the back and laptops up front.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• briannasmom Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:
  • briannasmom Said:

I just got the ps something or another binder I think its by Cropper Hopper not for sure though nad thinking if I can find 12x12 tranparencies or something like that, that the stamps can stick to them I can put them in there ugh still thinking

Is this what your looking for? I have the ink jet film 8 1/2 x 11...cool stuff!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• briannasmom Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

hope the Wishblade doesnt get heated up before you are finished with it tonight!!

I cut one page and a thunder and lightening storm blew up and I had to cut it off...It's over now so I'm checking in for the night...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

I don't want people to "share" a table. I plan on each cropper to have their own table/desk/work space. If a person does something that wobbles the table, I don't want it affect anyone else. I plan on a gap of at least a couple of inches per station. I may be dreaming too big. There's an auction next Wednesday. I'll see what office desks go for then. If less than $40 each, I may just bite the bullet and get some non-matching ones.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics