Page 1 of 34 
Username Post: Oh Scrap COF/Critque Group **Full and Active**        (Topic#1509159)
scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Welcome to the Oh Scrap! COF/Critique Group!!!

Members consist of:

Angie213 - Angie (September 13)
Lilgem - Audrey (August 18)
scrappinnelly - Kristi (July 21)
alarae - Amy (July 14)
DYnKY - Denise (October 29)
krissykat- Kristin (January 3)

Our group was formed to maintain friendships as well as soak in as much talent as possible.

Group Guidelines:
* No drama. This is a friendly environment to escape from the realities of real life and share stories, laughs, cries, and of course our artwork.

* This is a critique group… so comments on LO’s need to be left. ALL constructive criticism is appreciated. Although when leaving a comment with constructive criticism please make it in the actual thread instead of the gallery love. Comments should be positive. With that said, don’t get your feelings hurt… everyone is ONLY trying to help each other and make each other the best we can be.

* Commenting in the thread: We all realize that there are lives outside of sb.com ! With that said please just check in on a regular basis… weekly at minimum. If you’re going to be gone just let us know. We care about you and don’t want to send the hound dogs out looking for you! If there are pages and pages for you to catch up on… read it. You do not have to comment on every single thing… just want everyone in the loop.

* We will do monthly challenges… these are a requirement; IF you are unable to complete by the deadline please let me know. We can either excuse you, for the month, or extend for a few days.
While this is not a requirement… everyone is encouraged to also do at least one LO/card/project a month just to keep our minds in gear.

Also… any big decisions that will effect the group will be discussed and voted on the by group. I will always keep my vote for last as well as remain impartial in any situation. I am the group driver/nothing/facilitato r whatever we wanna call it. So I will do my best to keep things running smooth.

These guidelines are the only thing we ask each of us to adhere to… this is the only way we can keep things drama free and running smooth.

Challenge:Layout should include sewing or stitching on it. Due end of March 2011.

hey good lookin' By Alarae

I loved her first By Angie213

Get Your Jenga Face On By DYnKY

You and Me By Krissykat

Edited by scrappinnelly on 04-05-11 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to scrappinnelly

I left Vicki on here until we get a confirmation from her.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

thanks kristi!!!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Prettylolo

good morning everyone! Thanks for making this new thread, Kristi! You'll be a great group leader, thanks for checking in with everyone!

Happy belated birthday Audi, so sorry I wasn't on here to wish you one on your actual day. And speaking of bdays, Lo, your bday is only 4 days before mine...cool! hurray for Leos!

Angie...your wedding is almost here, I'm soo excited for you guys!

Hi Tracy! Miss you so much, glad to know all is well with you and the family

Also, just a suggestion about adding group members...the way I joined the group before with Audi, Tracy and Christi was "answering" a forum post about the group wanting new members. They had a little questionaire to fill out. It was great because I had recently joined sb.com and didn't know anyone on the site and didn't have any friend scrappers so it made me feel part of something very special. Doing it that way might expand our group to those newer scrappers who are excited about learning and just don't know anyone yet. Just a thought!

Oh, and congrats on school, Christi!! That is soo exciting!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Lilgem

that's a good idea, audrey, at least i think so. what if we get some freaky deaky chick? you're pretty cool so maybe we can luck into more audreys on the site that way.

i did see our birthdays were that close this morning and thought that was cool. i'm going to an all weekend crop that weekend with someone on here and then going to another crop with someone else from here sometime in october or november. it's in the next town over from me, i'm so excited!

why is the last little bit of unpacking such a pain? i don't wanna do it, i really don't. i don't. i don't. i don't.

i am going shopping with my mom later to set up the bathrooms which will be nice. i still have so much to do inside and out that it's not funny i really shouldn't be sitting here with coffee and chatting, however, i'm icing my neck and back at the moment so i have a good excuse.

Angie213
Diva
Angie213

Hey girls! Just checking in on the new thread ( ) Chris and I went on a mini vacation just before the fouth, so I've been gone for awhile. And the wedding is THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!! So I probably won't be on a lot between now and then and probably the week after. But, thanks for still including me. I definitely still want to stick around, just haven't had as much time lately as I'm used to. Hopefully you all understand. Wedding planning is some serious business!!!

Lo- yea!!! You're unpacking! That's a good thing. You have a place to unpack to.

Audrey - I do like that idea too. We could set a number of people that we want and look through the questionnaire for the best fits or something.

What happened to Amy? I thought she was a good fit?

Just for you Christi -- I'm going to go back to the old thread and figure out why you are getting congratulated on school. I'm dying to know.

Kristi- I think you'll be a great driver! I can't wait to see what challenges you come up with? Are we still doing that?

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Lo, that's the point of the questionaire...to not get a freaky deaky chick, as you put it...although I guess even a questionaire can't really makre sure of it!!

A crop sounds like so much fun! Literally the only scrapping I've been doing lately is making cards for birthdays and anniversaries and holidays etc. I did start on my friend's wedding LOs since her anniversary is coming up in August and I want to give her those as a gift.

just think, once that little bit of unpacking is done you will be done for good!! the sooner the better

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Angie213

amy is around, we just don't have her information i think.

good to see you angie, holy cow, this saturday?! girl, why are you even on here???? get yo'self in that dress and wait.

congratulations though, i cannot wait to see pics!!!!! you are going to make a beautiful bride! enjoy every minute of it, your honeymoon, etc, and then come back when you can and tell us all the details! well... not *all* the details, but you kwim

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Lilgem

• Lilgem Said:
Lo, that's the point of the questionaire...to not get a freaky deaky chick, as you put it...although I guess even a questionaire can't really makre sure of it!!

A crop sounds like so much fun! Literally the only scrapping I've been doing lately is making cards for birthdays and anniversaries and holidays etc. I did start on my friend's wedding LOs since her anniversary is coming up in August and I want to give her those as a gift.

just think, once that little bit of unpacking is done you will be done for good!! the sooner the better

i know, i know

could you please come over and push me out of this chair??

i think a questionnaire would be great. i wasn't thinking about that

can we ask "are you freaky deaky?"

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

oh... i see why angie asked about amy. shame, shame, kristi, you forgot to list her. amy, we need your birthday too.

kristi gets fifty lashes with a wet noodle for screwing up on her first day as madam chairman

Edited by Prettylolo on 07-06-09 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Angie213
Diva
Angie213

okay, I'm kind of skimming through the old thread! So I'll comment on some stuff...

First of all I'm sorry I haven't been on. I think it's understandable now a week before the wedding (Less than, ahhhh) but I haven't been on much for the past few months. But I will get better, I promise. It's been a very busy time for me.

Happy Belated Birthday Audi. And I agree with all that was said. You are doing great things for youself right now, and I think we are all very happy for you!!

Christi- August!!!!! Yea-hoo! That is totally awesome! Are you still doing special education :)? I'm super happy for you. Are you going to a university or a community college or what?? Congrats!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Hey now!!! Give me a couple days to work into being a perfect chairman...

Angie213
Diva
Angie213
In response to Angie213

Yes, Lo, I"m surprised I'm not sitting in my wedding dress yet. Chris's mom and aunts are coming to my parent's house tonight to figure what I hope will be the last of the figuring out!! I doubt if I mentioned that there is a wedding the night before in the hall we are using, so we don't get to decorate until the morning of...which is a very scary thought.

I'm glad Amy is staying, yes Kristi you need to list her. I haven't talked with you much yet, Amy, because I've been so busy, but I will soon, promise.

Angie213
Diva
Angie213
In response to Angie213

Okay and I have to say this... I did hate the Twilight movie. I thought it was awful and I think Robert Pattiwhatever does a very very bad job at Edward. But I was a Jacob fan anyway. And with that said I am so flipping pumped for new moon. Have you guys seen previews? I can't believe how much the actor playing Jake has buffed up. He is unbelievably delicious! I can't wait.

I also got my mom reading the twilight books. It's fun.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Oh, yeah, a questionnaire would be an awesome idea! Why doesn't every one pm me 3 questions and I'll draw let's say 10 or 15(?) out of a hat and put it together! Should we keep the # of members to 11 including me?
Yay, Angie, good luck with your wedding! Have a great time! Don't sweat the small stuff! Where are you taking a honeymoon too?
Did we vote for if we should set up a poll for our layout entries from March?? Just for shiggles...

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

PS Amy has been updated... sorry, Amy!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Hey all, whew hooo on the new thread!!!

I'm sorry Amy, I never added you to the list nor did I send you the questionnaire. Thats why you didn't have her Kristi.

Lo I can't wait to see pics of your rooms set up in the house!

Kristi, I will see what Vickie says, I do know she is like me and her life has changed so much as well.

Angie, oh I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope you have an awesome time, I know it will be beautiful!!! I don't know whats up with Lo...cuz I want ALL the details...

Christi, I am so excited for you going back to school!!!

Audrey, when is your wedding? I am not sure about the questionnaire with new people you don't know, guess I am gun shy with our past experience. But then again the crazies in that group were supposed people the leader knew...lol

I don't know to many people here anymore so I don't have any suggestions.

Amy how is life at the daycare now? Have you heard anything about the sb store that you applied to?

My mother is coming this weekend for my performance called the night of power. I had to pick a song and choreograph it. There are 2 people dancing with me as demons. The song is Set Me Free by Casting Crowns. Here is the link to the video that will playing behind me when I dance if you would like to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AoBlMlOV8M

I am home sick, can't stop coughing, blowing my nose, etc...I am trying to wash clothes my house is a wreck.

I gave the paper cutting of my friends house this weekend. thought you would like to see it...
Papercutting of a friends House By ReadySetDistress

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to ReadySetDistress

Angie...woo hoo for SATURDAY!! sooo exciting! enjoy every minute and take some time off and then come on over and give us all the details!! I think you've have been checking in all the time, no worries!!

Audi-I understand why you would be gun shy. I just thought if we opened up the group to other people we may get more memebers?? I think 11 sounds good too.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to Lilgem

Audi, you rocked that paper cutting! I love it! I would not have wanted to give it away after doing it.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Denise is going to check us out and I told her to jump right in if it's something she's interested in. I guess we will see.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-06-09 12:27 PM

...I just finished reading through the end of the 'old' thread...I feel like I should go through an initiation process...LOL

Thanks for the invitation, Kristi! Totally looking forward to this!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

No, Denise, we had you targeted be-4 the whole questionnaire thing was suggested... lol! Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us! So tell us about yourself.
I'm a part time mommy and part time hairstylist. I live in the boonies of central WI. I am married to Jeremy for 5 years on the 17th and have a 2 year old Ella on the 31st. I have two fur babies Maggie and Zoe. I wish I had more time to scrap, but I am starting to realize that I have way more time than a lot of my friends, so I don't complain. I have a paper addiction, it was about 4 feet high, but I gave a bunch away so now I'm thinking only 3 feet:)

Angie213
Diva
Angie213

We aren't doing a honeymoon Chris couldn't get enough time off...so you will be spared those details. We were thinking about doing it for our year anniversary instead.

Hi Denise! Welcome...a quick intro of myself...I'm 25, a 10th grade English teacher on an Apache Indian Reservation in Arizona. I also teach the yearbook class and sponsor the school's environmental club. I grew up in Michigan. I am getting married to Chris THIS SATURDAY (ahhhh!). Hobbies include hiking, reading, swimming, camping, and of course scrapbooking.

Audi - Feel better soon! Yuck. I'm praying I stay healthy this last week.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-06-09 12:56 PM

Targeted...Awesome!!! ROFL!

Well, we moved to Lexington, KY in '92 from Fairmont, WV...I'll give you a $20 if you know where that is...lol. Rob and I will celebrate our 21st anniv. in Oct. We have Adam still living at home (he can't decide if he wants to go to school for computer graphic design or be a musician) along with our ds we also have a Siberian Husky who actually thinks she's a cat. Go figure???

I have a really bad obsession with Johnny Depp. LOVE HIM!

I love sports. We have season tickets to WVU football and we travel to a lot of the away games.

I try to scrap as often as I can but, sometimes I end up just sitting in my craft room staring at piles of PP!

I work in an insurance office with a VERY annoying co-worker! I love my job despite her!

I went to college to become an English teacher...you see where I work?

I'm gonna have to jump off...time to lock up...I'll pop on again...

Can't wait to get to know everyone else!!!

Too fun!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

That's too bad, Angie! Are you at least off for a couple days as Mr and Mrs?? It'll be nice to get away on your 1st anni though too! We got a bed and breakfast gc for our wedding, so we used it for our 1st anni. It was perfect!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Just was informed by Vicki that she will be dropping out.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

hey denise!

we've chatted a little here and there on the JD thread so i knew you'd be awesome

i'll be 35 next month, been married to ty for over 13 years, i have four kids, two parakeets, a guinea pig *probably one more real soon*, a rabbit, two cats, and a dobie pup is coming next month.

we just bought our first house and finally have plenty of space! i'll have my own scraproom and will be able to get back into scrapping!

i live in pa, always have, still the same small town i grew up in. i am a huge pittsburgh steelers fan, and i love to hunt anything i'm going to eat. i also love reading and scrapbooking.

welcome!

angie, good luck this saturday. although i think you are a turd for not liking edward i totally know what you are talking about with new moon and how HAWT ALL the werewolves are looking for it i'm not sure i can deal with that much hottness in the same movie!

kristi, okay, i'll give you another chance tell jeremy he can give you fifty lashes with HIS noodle

audi, i hope you feel better!!!!! what the heck is a paper cutting? why do i not know what that is?

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Lo its called Scherenschnitte. here is a link to goole results lol it was popular in the 80's, I just make my own designs. lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=scherenschni tte&ie=u...

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

That is hilarious, Lo! If you only knew what J's noodle did to me just last night! Hee hee.
PS. Denise... we are very dirty here. I mean VERY DIRTY! It's all Lo's fault!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

I had to do something really hard today. My cat peanut has been gone for over a week and he returned today not doing well. He was unable to stand, drink, or control any movement. I haven't no idea how he made it home. I don't know what happened to him but he could drink or eat. I had to make a hard decision. Alli didn't go to daycare today because I was to sick to feel like taking her to daycare. So I am glad she was able to spend time with him but sad that she had to be there. I am though glad she saw Marley and me so she was able to understand. She prayed tonight for God to please not let the same thing happen to Sadie and please let Peanut be able to see, walk and now fly. She is so sweet.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

You just gave me chills Audi! I hope Peanut gets better! How sad. I hate that pets become family. I told J when ours are gone, that is it. It's to hard to let them go.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

• ReadySetDistress Said:
Lo its called Scherenschnitte. here is a link to goole results lol it was popular in the 80's, I just make my own designs. lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=scherenschni tte&ie=u...

is that german for "sharin' sh*t"????? cause i totally busted out when i read that!!!!!!!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

awe, audi, did she have to be put down? it sounds like antifreeze poisoning to me. she could've gotten into anything if she was out for a week. but usually antifreeze slows and stops the organs. the same thing happened to my cat when i was growing up.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Night girls. My contacts are going to pop out of my eyes if I don't go to bed right now!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Hi Denise, welcome to the group!

My name is Audra aka Audi. I am 33 years old and a single mom of Alli my beautiful 8 year old dd. I am originally from SC and we have been in the Charlotte NC area since 2000. We have one dog Sadie and sadly lost our cat Peanut today.

I have been scraping for 12 + years. I am all about techniques, the long it takes to make a lo the better. lol I work for a medical bill review/ work comp insurance company as a catch all lol. I fix the computers, trouble shoot, customer assistance, training, anything you can think of. At my church I am over the media, the church website, and over the media for my friends ministry meet my jesus ministries. I just started a dance class at church and have completed my 12 week class and have to dance this weekend. lol Please pray for me! lol

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Yes Lo we did, it wasn't easy but Alli had to understand that that was the best for him. That could have been it. He looked like he had been in water but wasn't wet. He couldn't do anything. He was an outside cat but hadn't come home in over a week. He was very dehydrated and not himself. It was just so sad. He got on my nerves so bad but he was the sweetest. Alli of course wants another one. No more for us.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

You too funny about sharin sh!t

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

well, when i looked at the word and tried to pronounce it, all i kept saying was sharinshit

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-07-09 03:26 AM

Lo...I knew you'd be the one to point out that SS..LOL

I have chatted a little with Lo and I have been introduced to her, eh hmm...sense of humor and I love it! Cracks me up!

Audi...I'm truly sorry about your Peanut...that is cool that your dd took it as well as she did though!

Angie~congrats on the wedding...my dh and I didn't have a honeymoon either due to the fact he (and now I) had custody of his two from his first marriage...that's a whole 'nother story! They were in every sport under the sun and we couldn't have them missing all the stuff...That's why I get a three week 25th anniversary trip to Australia! I've paid my dues!!!!!!!

I believe I failed to mention that I am 41...but, I feel like I'm 30 still and act like I'm 20 at times...you'll have to forgive me on that last part!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

Morning! Leave it to fate to give me a massive headache/migraine on the day I have to do grocery shopping and errands. I just want to go back to sleep, but that ain't happenin. (And I have to do this all with a kid that is starting her terrible twos... please God give me the strength!!)
Hope everyone has a good day

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness

Morning!

Thanks for starting the new thread Kristi!

Welcome Denise!

Audi, sorry about Peanut. Losing pets is always sad and hard to do.

Yay Angie! Just a few more days now!

So... hi Denise! I am Christi. I will be 26 on July 31st. I currently work overnights at Wal_mart as a stocker, but I can officially start my countdown to quitting that hellish job. I start school next month to become a special education teacher. I'm starting at a community college then transferring after I get my associates. I am also a single mommy to a silly munchkin (Connor). He is almost as nutty as his mommy and he cracks me up. I got my mom hooked on scrapping and now she buys me all my supplies, because, well, she makes more money than I do.

And that is it.

Gotta go pick up the course catalog so I can register for classes and *hopefully* get more studying in this morning. I'm trying to refresh my algebra skills after 7 years of not doing math. Thank goodness I had decent teachers in high school because it's slowly coming back to me.

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to Her Royal Awesomeness

Oh, sometimes I talk...

A lot.

Kristi, my checking in might become irregular afte school starts for a while. I'm going to have to adjust to the new schedule.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-07-09 06:33 AM

I am loving all the stories! Thanks for the warm welcomes...

Christi~you and I should get a long just fine! I have an issue with knowing when to shut up!!

Good luck with school...

Edited by DYnKY on 07-07-09 08:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to DYnWV

good morning everyone!

Welcome Denise I love your name DYnKY, for some reason it makes me think of DKNY. Gotta love those clothes

oops, our CEO just walked by. lol.

anyway, My name is Audrey, and I will be 25 on August 18th. (Woo hoo, Christi, your bday is almost here. Got any special plans?!?) I live in a suburb of Chicago, IL, and work in downtown Chicago for a catering company that's contracted to work for a bank as the Conference Center Coordinator. I am marrying Matt in October 2010; we live together with our two kitties, Ruby and Pearl. And... I guess that's it. I've been scrapping for a few years, but have recently fell in a rut and can't seem to get motivated to scrap.

Audi-so sorry to hear about Peanut. I would be deveasted if I lost my kitties. hugs to you and Alli. Also, I'm going to have to check out that sharinsh*t thing too, as I'm not sure I've ever heard of that technique, but it looks awesome!

I've blogged a couple times recently, if you guys are bored and need something to read, lol. www.bustables.blogspot.com (you guys are my only readers!!! lol)

have a good day!

Edited by Lilgem on 07-08-09 06:19 AM. Reason for edit: fixed my blog link, thanks Lo!

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to Lilgem

Got all registered and the math I need was already full. Great... so I don't have to study it anymore right now! Hahaha! YES! Although I prolly will because I have nothing else to do with my lunch breaks at work.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

audrey, please click on the link you posted, girl. you missed something. that is NOT your blog! i was busting fo' sho!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

I feel like a freakin prisoner! We don't go anywhere or do anything ever. (The exception of our 2 camping trips) I need to go to Ikea to get a quilt for the inside of duvet and J is throwing a fit cuz it's 1 hour away. I said I'd like to take Ella to the zoo that cost $3 to go while we are in the cities and he blows a rod. How can I convince him that I feel like a prisoner? I told him that today and he just ignored me... something he does best! Our anniversary... we were supposed to go to Milwaukee (4 hours away) and go to a Brewers game and stay over night. Not doing that anymore... Ella's birthday... we supposedly don't have any money... I'm going to freakin lose it!!!! UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-07-09 12:18 PM

I'm sure that doesn't help your headache any!

I totally understand your frustration...I have had my share of conversations (if you can call them that) with Rob. After 22 years together, he's finally coming around to my way of thinking! Sort of!

Well, I eventually started going off and doing the things that 'we' were supposed to do by myself.
He learns slowly but, it does stick when it finally whomps him upside the head!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

Audrey sent me questions for the questionnaire. Anyone else contributing? Did we want to try a newbie this way? Or we could just keep it where we are for a while??
So if we start back up on challenges in Sept, will that be enough time for peoples lives to get back to normal?? Or August if you're up to it;)

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane

Hey girls, is there room for 1 more?

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to lifeinthefastlane

oops, kristi, sorry. i forgot about the questions.

wait, no i didn't. 1) are you freaky deaky?

and poo on your dh for acting that way. i get the same way and ty never understands because he works and is gone all week and is out.

and i have to say i blew a freaking gasket today when i opened up the first load of laundry i did after they were dried and ty had yet AGAIN left a pen in his pocket somewhere. ruined half the load of clothes.

okay, all i've packed are our decent clothes and got rid of the rest. i purged bigtime before moving and now some are ruined. he won't even own up to it.

i'm sorry, but i do laundry for six people every friggin day, i check four kids' clothes and my own. i will NOT take the time to check a grown man's clothing when he is entirely capable of doing it himself but instead would expect me to do it because i do everything.

not anymore. problem is solved. i refuse to do his laundry. he's gone all week, when he comes home with his bag of laundry he can go straight to the washing machine. jerk.

i'm really ticked at him today.

and i think because of it, i'm going to drink his last beer or two tonight. that'll show him

i'm up for a challenge in september. my scraproom will probably be unpacked within the next week but i have to repack stuff and organize for an all weekend crop i'm going to next month AND i have to take my blessed kids swimming and get them out. they have been cooped up since they got out of school last month and packing or unpacking and being very patient with me while i do everything else they can't.

i plan on swimming my heart out the second my house is in order.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

and i might add this is ty's THIRD load of laundry with a pen. so that's why i refuse to wash his clothes anymore.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Yup, I make J wash his own laundry:) It is so nice!!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

• lifeinthefastlane Said:
Hey girls, is there room for 1 more?

What do you girls think? PM me your thoughts...

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-07-09 04:22 PM

I'm all about a challenge in Sept. I'll whittle down the challenges I'm in so that I will be able to focus on this one! From Sept-Dec I'm booked! So, I'll definitely clear scheduling!

Freaky deaky!!! I'm glad I don't fall into that category...lol!

Since I'm the noobie here...what is the normal number of unfreaky deaky chics do we usually have?

Well, I'm gonna pop off for a while, my ds has emerged from his lair to ask if we want to play Harry Potter Clue. What did I do to deserve this honor OR better yet...what does he want??? We will soon find out!

Later!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

I have a crazy client, that I somehow can't get rid of... well, her husband died. I feel bad, but I know she is only going to get crazier. Poor thing.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

oh dear. how often does she come in? is she one of those weekly elderly ladies that gets her hair done?

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

No, but every 6-8 weeks. Poor litl thing.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-07-09 06:33 PM

Was she slightly off before she lost her hubby? Hmm, maybe she always had that tendency and the death just brought it to the surface...I know I'd be a little nutso if something happened to mine...

Anyway, have a great rest of the night. I'm off to take a shower and maybe read a little...

till tomorrow...good night!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

She's been "off" since I started doing her hair in like 99. She will definitely be worse now that he is gone! They were just in last week. He picked her up and told me that I always do such a good job on her hair. He was only 64, so young!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

oh wow, that's really sad. i cannot imagine. i'm not all that with it half the time now, i cannot imagine how i would seem to everyone if i lost ty.

even though i want to smack him stupid ATM. LOL!

poor lady.

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae

Hey yo! What info do you all need besides my birthday?

My birthday is July 14.

Hi Denise!! I'm Amy and I live in northwest Iowa. I will be 23 next week and still live with my parents and little sister. I work full time at a daycare in the preschool room. I LOVE my job! Especially since the evil director that we had left. I have two sister and two stepsisters (one of which is evil) and a one year old niece who I call Turk Face! She is the little cutie in my avie!! I have two dogs-a rottweiler named Summer and a rottweiler/german shepherd named Maggi. Umm... I like to read, surf the internet, scrapbook, and spend time with my niece when I do have free time.

Lets see what else I can remember reading...

Yay Angie on the wedding coming up this Saturday!!! Congrats!!

Lori--are you done unpacking yet?? If not, hop to it!! I want to move out so bad!!

Audi--Things at the daycare are much much much more peaceful!! I don't stress about going to work anymore and I enjoy it so much! I was orignially in the 2 year old room, but since so many workers are in and out of the preschool room, I told the fill in director (hopefully full time soon) to just permanently put me in teh preschool room. It gets so hard on the kids when they get attatched to one person and then 5 months later they up and leave. I hate to see that happen to those kids. Sure they are naughty and snotty but they are cute and funny and I love it there!

Awesome Christi for getting your scheduling done for school!! I am excited for you that you are going back!!

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae
In response to alarae

my grandma had a tumor removed from her colon today they don't know if is cancerous yet or not

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to alarae

Sorry to hear about your gma, Amy. I hope everything turns out okay. When will the results be in?
Alright, off to bed. Angie, did you catch up on the Prison Break episodes? I have the finale left and holy shi+ is the last 2 I watched good! I am watching the finale tomorrow night, and I can't wait! So many twists, you have to catch up!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Morning, my child is the devil. She was still awake at 10:15 last night and woke at 5:15 this morning! What kind of sleep is that?? I'm preparing myself for crabby Ella again today....

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

... and crabby mommy...

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness

Morning!

Good to see you Amy! Glad things at the daycare are going better and I hope everything with your grandma turns out ok. Your neice is a cutie pie.

I have a *small* confession to make... Audi already knows, but Nick and I got back together... in April. NO he isn't living with me. I live by myself and it's staying that way for a while. But, we have worked on a lot of our issues and we are doing so good. Marriage has actually popped up and we have agreed on when I get out of the community college to do so. I might even get the botanical gardens. Sweet...

Yeah... so there we have it. We used to suck, but now we are good. I really can't complain about him today. He was over here yesterday afternoon and I got like an hour long backrub. It was awesome. And then I fell asleep. Way to ruin a good thing, Christi!

Ok, I'm tired. Going to bed. Later dudettes!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-08-09 05:08 AM

Morning...hi Amy! Thanks for the intro. I'm a reader as well. All about the Twilight!!! Slowly but surely I'll get everyone down!

I hope your day goes better than you think it will, Kristi!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

Christi, I am glad to hear that things are working with Nick this time! Hope they stay that way! You deserve only the best... he screws up again... I come over there and beat him with your arms!
Ella's already begging for food since she didn't eat her breakfast and is crabby. So it's video time... that always calms her down. Hopefully...
Sadly, I think I'm crabbier than her.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

good morning. another great day here in chicago. yawn.

christi...um, a "small" confession?!? since april!!?? that's a long time, girl! but, I'm glad to hear you decided to still live on your own for now and that you guys are doing better this time around.

Amy-sorry to hear about your gma, hope it's not cancerous.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

oh, and i fixed my blog link, thanks Lo!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

oh and Krisit, sorry to hear about your crazy client and that you've been feeling cooped up in your house. hopefully J will come around and let you live a little!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to Lilgem

So now today he tells me he's not opposed to me going to ikea and the zoo... WTF!!! Men, can't live with them, can't live without them! Doesn't matter anymore, I ordered what I needed from WM (sorry christi) and it'll be shipped to the store for free. I love Ikea though and REALLY would have spent to much. It's probably best that I don't go there.

Angie213
Diva
Angie213

I just did a quick skim...

Sorry to hear about Peanut Audi..that's really sad.

Since APRIL! Holy crud Christi! I'm glad you're happy:)

And Kristi- Nope, I haven't watched PB yet. Someday! Lol.

This probably will be the last time I check in until after the wedding.

Bachelorette party tomorrow.
Making bouquets and boutinerres (were doing them oursevles) and the rehersal on Friday
Wedding Saturday!!

Gahh!! Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and well wishes!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and weekend.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to Angie213

Good luck, Angie! Can't wait to hear how it went and see pics!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-08-09 12:41 PM

Have a great party Angie!!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you! I'm with Kristi...I can't wait to see pics! I love wedding pictures!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

• scrappinnelly Said:
Christi, I am glad to hear that things are working with Nick this time! Hope they stay that way! You deserve only the best... he screws up again... I come over there and beat him with your arms!
Ella's already begging for food since she didn't eat her breakfast and is crabby. So it's video time... that always calms her down. Hopefully...

that is the funniest thing ever! can i watch???

whoa, christi, dude, that is a big confession. i hope things stay sweet this time or i WILL come and watch kristi beat him with your arms!

uh, amy, no, i have two boxes to unpack that are a bunch of sh*t thrown together, and my entire scraproom. i have tons of yard work to do too.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Lilgem

• Lilgem Said:

i was DYING when i clicked on that. i didn't even know how to read it i was like, wait a minute, this cannot be audrey!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

amy, sorry about your gma, that's a total bummer.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Angie, I just watched the finale. YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH IT!!! It will blow you away!!!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-08-09 04:52 PM

• Prettylolo Said:
  • Lilgem Said:

i was DYING when i clicked on that. i didn't even know how to read it i was like, wait a minute, this cannot be audrey!

Ok y'all...I have to admit it to ya...I opened up your blog and thought, wth? With me being the newly inducted I totally didn't want to offend anyone!

I'm soooo glad to see that it needed to be changed....

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to DYnWV

denise!!!!!! i bet you did!

no, audrey, is a sweetheart and very soft spoken, there is no way that was her blog in a million years. i'm dying that you read that though i forgot about you not "knowing" her yet.

fyi: audrey IS our freaky deaky chick

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

I bet you were thinking "and who's the freaky deaky"... poor Denise!

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae

• Her Royal Awesomeness Said:
Morning!

Good to see you Amy! Glad things at the daycare are going better and I hope everything with your grandma turns out ok. Your neice is a cutie pie.

I have a *small* confession to make... Audi already knows, but Nick and I got back together... in April. NO he isn't living with me. I live by myself and it's staying that way for a while. But, we have worked on a lot of our issues and we are doing so good. Marriage has actually popped up and we have agreed on when I get out of the community college to do so. I might even get the botanical gardens. Sweet...

Yeah... so there we have it. We used to suck, but now we are good. I really can't complain about him today. He was over here yesterday afternoon and I got like an hour long backrub. It was awesome. And then I fell asleep. Way to ruin a good thing, Christi!

Ok, I'm tired. Going to bed. Later dudettes!

is Nick the father of your son or someone else??

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae

• Prettylolo Said:
  • scrappinnelly Said:

that is the funniest thing ever! can i watch???

whoa, christi, dude, that is a big confession. i hope things stay sweet this time or i WILL come and watch kristi beat him with your arms!

uh, amy, no, i have two boxes to unpack that are a bunch of sh*t thrown together, and my entire scraproom. i have tons of yard work to do too.

ick I hate yard work!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

• scrappinnelly Said:
I bet you were thinking "and who's the freaky deaky"... poor Denise!

for real!!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

i love yard work amy, when it's MY yard work and not something someone else hasn't touched in years. the hedges are so overgrown, my poor hedge trimmers are hating me. and the weeds are so thick that the hedge trimmers can't cut through the weeds! they are electric suckers, like a chain saw, they cut through anything!

i'll be glad when all this initial stuff is done and we can just keep up with the regular yardwork stuff.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

can i just say that power tools turn me on? i love using my hedge trimmers and cutting stuff up! dude, it is so cool!

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane

I understand wanting to remain a small group or whatever. But a simple email stating no would have been nice instead of just being ignored. Great way to treat a newbie to the site. Thanks guys

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

I am going to send "this newbie" a little piece of my own this morning.... not a good way for me to wake up!!!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

This is the pm I sent:
I would just like to tell you that we WERE taking votes on you joining our group. I had only got one vote so far, cuz we are a very SLOW moving group. I wrote on the thread that we'd be pm'ing votes in reaction to your comment. Sorry to hear that you can't keep your undies in a bundle for a couple days for us to decide if you are a good fit. I guess you answered our question for us....

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

Is that too snippy, I have a child hanging off my arm??

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-09-09 04:51 AM

No, It is not! I had just made it over to her place late last night because I didn't see her post until then. I guess it's good that she showed her 'true colors' before hand. Too bad!

Sorry...if I sound a little non caring but, the boss
just popped in and informed me that I have to conduct an interview this afternoon...I hate doing interviews!!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to DYnWV

Watch out for the freaky deakys Denise!

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly

I vote that we only accept people through one of us... so we don't get a person like that in our group!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 07-09-09 05:50 AM

• scrappinnelly Said:
Watch out for the freaky deakys Denise!

10-4...they're every where!!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to DYnWV

good morning. had a little too much wine last night

sorry again about the wrong blog link. I had to go over to the wrong one to see what you guys were talking about. hilarious!! I was like, say wha??? once again, here is the correct one...I promise!! www.bustables.blogspot.com

Kristi-I think that pm is totally fine. I was just thinking this morning, "oh, we should probably pm that person and let them know we're thinking about it and for more info about her" but I guess she couldn't wait! jeesh! talk about showing true colors.

Have fun with the interview, Denise. at least you're not the interviewee, that's the worst.

I can't wait till Angie posts pictures from her wedding!!! i love wedding pictures, too.

have fun with the yard work, Lo. I'd rather be outside today than cooped up in this building. it's supposed to be beautiful out today.

Hi Amy and Christi

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to Lilgem

Good morning!

Amy, it's a very long dramatic story about the man that is Nick. He isn't Connor's dad, but one day I'm bound and determined to have his red headed babies. Haha. We have been together more or less a little over 2 years. Since May 2007. At times he is a butt munch, but at times I am a royal biotch from hell... so... we keep our tempers in check and we are fine. And once he figured out my sleep schedule, we got even better. I'm better at staying up than I am at getting up... so he gets to work around me since he's not doing anything but studying for the darn test I don't have to take for school. He starts next month. He has no clue what for, but we both finally realized that without school, we will be working crud jobs forever. Umm, no thank you!

Angie, I can't wait to see pics! You are going to be a beautiful bride!

Audrey, I didn't click on the link because of my crud-a-licious computer, but maybe I'm glad I didn't!

Lo, I don't mind mowing a lawn or two. Helps my tan. Haha.

Kristi, I don't think what you said was rude. I thought it was rude of the person to just assume things without knowing. Makes me wanna beat them with their arms.

One more night and then I am on vacation. Thank gosh!

Aight... I'm out! Time for bed!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

so here's whats happening at work today...freaky, right!?

Window Washers out of my 38th story office window! By Lilgem

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Lilgem

oooooooo, window washers have BIG BALLS. there is no way i could ever do that job. like ever. dude. that's just wrong.

audrey, i'm glad you checked out that link so you saw why i was laughing so hard.

um, kristi, i see you changed the title to full and active. good girl you are coming along just fine as madam chairman and after the last post by the newbie, i would say yeah, only through us, as in the group. oy.

have fun with the interview denise, just look at them and picture johnny please try to remain professional at all times though and don't sweeney anyone

our yard looks fantastic on the front and side now, i still have more hedge work to do but tomorrow. ty is stuck doing the back part becuase there are things that need done that i cannot do. i cannot pick out the pulled hedges, they are too big and heavy. they need hauled off to some wooded patch of ground for animal habitats and then we can mow and sweep off the black top.

Edited by Prettylolo on 07-09-09 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 34 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics