Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Grand Delusions Grandmas Support Group/Open and Accepting Members        (Topic#1522877)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Welcome to Grand Delusions!!! This very thread may be my grandest "delusion" yet

The purpose of Grand Delusions is tri-fold.

1. To be a social area for grandmothers to talk about life, jobs, kids, grandchildren, husbands, scrapping, crafting and paper crafting, and anything else that we can graciously discuss amongst ourselves without starting WW III. No vicious gossip please I mean if you're going to talk about me at least do it in PM's I'd love to have a morning coffee hour every day. Coffee with friends is a wonderful way to start the day

2. To be a place to share crafting ideas (scrapping and other crafts), learn from eachother, and share finished product. That means you're welcome to post photos of your LO's, projects and other crafts, but no one is REQUIRED to. You can post only the ones you are particularly proud of, or you can simply direct us to your gallery if you don't want to post all 14 photos that you just uploaded if that's easier for you

3. To be a support mechanism in our roles as both parents, grandparents and children as we find ourselves increasingly caught inbetween the three roles. Let's laugh together, cry together, rant and rave together,,,,,,,and maybe it won't be so bad when we're done

To post here you must be a grandmother OR have a grandchild on the way Step grands COUNT!

You must be willing to treat the other posters graciously.

What we're NOT:

We're not a critique group in the strict sense of the word. Please feel free to post LO's and projects if you like, but you're not reqired to. Nor is anyone REQUIRED to leave comments, although they are nice Leave them if you desire,,,,,,,perhaps you only have time to leave a few,,,,,,better a few than nothing

If you're LOOKING for a true critique group, I know one of the very best for grandmothers, and I would be happy to direct you there This is much more casual than a true critique group. Think of it as,,,,,,critique-lite

So come on in, kick off your shoes, pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea, sink into one of the overstuffed chairs, and tell us all about yourself!

and WELCOME!!! Nobody needs permission to join, just come right in and make yourself at home

Edited by CommaHolly on 04-03-10 05:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

This post reserved for any news/posts etc that change on a monthly basis!!!! I'll be editing this post as needed

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly.... love the 1st post. sounds like it will be a great group once people find out we are here.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to Ccnutts

well god morning ou guys, boy two of my good friends.
yes i am with you sounds good to me.
have a wonderful day,
god bless and hugs, love joan

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to scrappy grandma

Well hello ladies Sorry I wasn't here when you got here,,,,,I had to take a package to the post office and then pick up a comfortis for Bailey at the vet, so I tumbled into bed at 10 and slept until just now!!!!

Hi CC,,,,,,,JOANNNNNNN!!!!!! !!! HUGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS,,,,, ,,,,,how are you feeling honeypie????????? I know you've been sick, and I hope you're feeling better!!!!!!! Hugs hugs hugs!!!!

So how are the holiday preparations going, ladies?? Hanukkah is half over,,,,,,and I still have Christmas preparations to finish,,,,,I hope to get my Christmas shopping finished later this week

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

We have not even started decorating for Christmas. I have never waited this late to get things put up. although Dana doesn't have half the stuff I do to decorate for Christmas. I think they think less is more. And as for shoppin I am hoping to be able to go Sat. to finish my shoppin. most of the things we are giving this year are homemade. So thats where we are out.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

omg,,,,,there are TEN days left til Xmas, and they haven't DECORATED???????????

what are they waiting for, Easter????? LOL

Have fun shopping,,,,it's going to be a zoo this weekend, lol,,,,

I am not looking forward to that myself,,,,ugh!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Joan, how is Leroy doing???????

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly...
Well we had to wait till after Ally's birthday to decorate for Christmas cause the whole livingroom was decorated in vampire stuff for the weekend. and Heather is planning to get the tree on Thursday so I guess we will be decorating it either Thursday night or Friday not sure. But then the girls go to Scotts prolly Friday after school and when they come back we will have all the rest done.
Nikki is sick she may not be able to go to school today. She got the H1N1 shot last week and is now sick. she was up and down all night coughing blowing heer nose, and not being able to breath. Guess I need to go get her some meds after I get Ally off to school. I thought I might send her to school if she was not running a fever but they will just send her back home if she is coughing bad cause they do not want to spread the germs.
So guess I will be taking care of her today. I sure hope it goes away quick and I don't catch it as I do not want to be spending christmas in the hosp.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

ewwwww no you do not want to be in the hospital,,,,you lucked out this summer, you don't need to "make up for it" this winter!!!! Hope she feels better soon!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

omg, did you hear about that woman in Chile?? LOL, she's a weight lifter, professional, while she was in a competition pushing a big weight over her head, you know the bar,,,,,a great big one, lots of pushing,she literally pushed a baby out!!!!!!! she was 6 months preggo and didn't even know it!!! The baby is 2.5 lbs and doing fine!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

OMG no I do not have the tv on. that is just crazy. lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

I heard it on the radio,,,,,,I about fell over, lol,,,,,can you even IMAGINE???

I'm still laughing,,,,hopefully the baby will be ok though,,,,,2.5 lbs is tiny!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Good morning!!!!! Holly, so glad you started up another Grannie group! I don't want to miss anything!!
I did not hear about that woman from Chile, but that is amazing!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

Morning Sandie Just a place to put up your feet and chit chat is all I miss the grannies, and am hoping to attract some more How are you??? Yes that is amazing,,,,,,,,and a little weird too, huh??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hey, has anyone seen Paula recently? I'm actually starting to worry about her,,,,,

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

No, I don't recall having seen Paula on in a while. I wonder what is up with her!

I am doing good, Holly, thank you! Tis nice to chat a little! How is work going for you?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

It's ok,,,,Late Girl is getting better, which makes it bearable,,,,,

but I'd still rather have a new job and I can't wait til I have a new car and can find a new job, lol

How's things with you??

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Things here are same old, same old. Not bad, but certainly nothing exciting or earth shattering!!

Does it look like you will be able to get a car soon??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

after taxes,,,,,sigh. I can not WAIT, I tell you,,,

I love DH, but I swear to goodness if it were him, he'd have another car by now,,,,,

he just doesn't get it,,,,,he figures that if I don't have to work WITH the girl all day how bad could it be?? ugh,,,,,

sigh, well, I am off to bed,,,,y'all have a great day,,,,

CC, wherever you are, I hope your DGD is not too sick

Nighty night

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Sweet dreams, Holly!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

good morning everyone, so nice to see all my fav. ladies here this is going to be the best fourm yet,
now cc, i hope your dd gets better soon keep an eye on it because that is what hapend when i got sick it was like a few days after that flu shot.
i amstarting to feel better but still along way to go.
some woman in chili. how didn't he not know she was pregnant, that had to be aweful.

some people are really dumb.
wonder howthe baby is.

leroy is doing well he has been going for radition trearment every week day. still a long way to go.
he does get depress now and then
but he is a truppr, he bounches back and sure keeps me going to. he is alway cracking jokes and some pretty dumb ones to.

sure have miss ed everyone, till trying to get to gallerys but i know you all understand,
getting there though i figure if i can do three a day. that will be god.
miss making my cards and layouts.
just can't get with it.
my creative flew away somewhere .

hpe you all have a wonderful weekend.
boy i still haven't got my cards address, to mail and no shopping here this year,
can;t do it.

and i don't have a tree up yet either, tricia said she is going to be off tommorow and we will do it then.
she said i have to tell them where to put everything,

really don't know what i would do with out her.

check back later, leroy said i have to eat something for lunch.
then i have to take a nap again
love you all,
joan

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

*waving*

I'm alive!!!

Found that I was spending so much time online that I wasn't getting other things done. We've painted the living room and I've been painting shelves and decortive things. Also been scrapping, making atc's, decorating the tree, taking Ember on the weekends....you all know how it is. Life gets in the way! LOL

Good to see you all.

*doing my best Swarzeneger imitation* I'll be back!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Scatter

Hi Joan, Sandie and Paula, I see you all found us.
So glad to see yall.
Joan.... Hope Leroy hangs in there and gets better all the time. I think depression is part of that whole treatment. Glad to hear your DD is getting all your Christmas stuff put up for you.

Paula... I know all to well about life getting in the way. my crazy life stays in my way. lol

BTW Nikki is feeling a bit better this afternoon.

Holly.... did ya get the other coats on the boxes? and did ya have any of the mod podge left over? cause I need some of it for another project I am doing this weekend.
OK time to walk the dogs be back later

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

Hi Paula!!!!!! How are you?? Awesome to see you

Joanie, don't worry about the galleries I'd rather see your lovely face chatting than have you spend all your time in galleries making comments If you WANT to make a couple comments, go for it but don't go crazy spending all your time commenting and never have any time to come chat,,,Capisce???

CC, I got another layer on yesterday, and will get one on tonight before I leave tonight,,,,,the more layers you put on, the longer they take to dry,,,,,,I think I'll get the 4-5 on before you get here Friday though,,,,the one we put on last was pretty thick though, so it's pretty protected,,,,,I think we'll be good,,,,,,it dried so nice and shiny, I think you'll really like the way it's turning out!!!!!!! You can't even SEE the goof we made on the dragon box!!!!!!

I got an email from a nice lady who just became a grandma who wants to join,,,,,,I told her to come on in and introduce herself,,,,,,,isnt that nice??

so how is everyone's day going?? I slept all afternoon

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, CC,,,,,,,there will be PLENTYYYYYYYYY of that mod podge left over!!!!!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

good glad to hear it lol kinda figured that. how is the boxes lookin after all the coats on them?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

they are looking really gorgeous,,,,got coat number 3 on them now, inside and out is done,,,

in the AM I will put coat number 4 on, and then hopefully get coat number 5 on Thursday evening so it's dry friday AM, but honestly, even with only 4 coats, I think we'd be fine,,,,,bottle says 4-5 coats,,,,,

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

four works for me that way it should be good and dry for us to decorate.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

that's what I'm thinking,,,,,I am a bit worried that if I put five on it will still be tacky,,,

in fact, the first layer I let dry FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRR and the lid still liked to be sticky when it was closed,,,,,so I read the directions, and it said to get rid of that sticky you can spray with ANOTHER TYPE of selant,,,,

and I was like WHATTTTTTTTT?? so you're saying your selant is just sticky no matter how long I let this dry??? It's been drying for 2 days now! I might pick up some of that selant thursday evening and spray them,,,,,,sheesh. It's relatively cheap, but it just bugs me, KWIM?? it's not sticky like that time it about ruined the top of the dragon box,,,,,,but it sticks ever so slightly every time you try and open the top,,,,

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

What kind of boxes are you modge podging? I've been using a lot of that myself lately.

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Good morning ladies!! Just stopped in for a cup of coffee!!

Joan, I am so glad to see you back on and chatting a little. I hope you are feeling better each day and soon able to get back to scrapping.

Paula, glad to see you are ok. I guess it is just that time of the year where we all have so much to do.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

well I will have to pay you for the stuff you buy so keep your reciept. I have to go to school today with Nikki and really not wanting to go. I get so stressed when I have to do this my tummy is already upset. I tried to get Dana to go but she told me I needed to go. I feel like one of the kids whinnin about going to school, but not sure if my nerves can handle it. I just wanna stay at home and not have to associate with those people.

ok time to get ready so guess I will get off my6 butt and do it just to get it over with.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

Paula....I got some wooden cigar boxes and we are making then into treasure boxes for the girls. one is a princess box the other is a dragon box.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

Morning ladies I'm late, I was mod podging the boxes one last time,,,,,I put the glitter on top of them CC and it looks GORGEOUS,,,,,i will mod podge the tops one more time to seal the glitter,,,,but it looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

and don't worry about the spray stuff,,,I need some anyway,,,,,one little squirt isnt going to kill me to share

so I came home, mod podged those, and then I had to give Bailey a bath,,,,,,sigh,,,I got her the flea pill 2 days ago but she's STILL itching like crazy!!!!!! to the point of being RAW,,,,,,,she's itching WORSE than before I got her the pill to be honest,,,it's starting to worry me,,,,,

I had some medicated bath for skin issues (she has them, lol) from the vet, so I gave her a bath in that, and hopefully that helps until the flea pill kicks in,,,,,geesh, how long does that pill take to work anyway?? I was picking dead ones off her in the bath, but not sure if they died before the bath cuz of the pill or IN the bath cuz of the shampoo,,,,,

I am about to scream if the pill stopped working,,,,,we've already been through TWO different flea things that stopped working after a few months of use! She doesnt have hundreds of them that I can see,,,,,,but Bailey seems to go crazy over even a few,,,,,,geesh!

anyway,,,,,,good morning everyone, lol

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

hey Holly I been busy today. now its time to go to bed. I will see you in the mrning. can't wait to see the boxes with the glitter.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

OK, see you in the AM

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Well, I am not in love with how the glitter turned out after I sealed it,,,,,I think it looked much prettier BEFORE I sealed it,,,,,but then you would have had glitter falling off all over the place,,,,it doesnt look bad,,,,just not as pretty as before,,,,,oh well, they are still gorgeous,,,,,and I couldn't find that spray, ugh,,,

I think they are very very pretty as is though, although there is one goof on the Dragon box,,,,,,,but still, we did a fantastic job!!!!!

and GUESS what I found for the princess box???????

I'm going to make you wait, lol,,,,I went through my stash and found something PERFECT for the inside of the princess box,,,see if you don't agree,,,,

I'll give you one clue,,,,,

what does every princess need???

LOL

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

a crown? ok kids are eating and almost ready for school. I will leave between 8 and 8:30. gonna try to get out without the dogs today lol. But with Dana sleeping all day not sure I can leave them here, as they will not be able to go out.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

so bring them,,,,Bailey's been de-flead TWICE! She should be good I can't find anymore, lol,,,,,I gave her the once monthly pill AND the one that kills all the fleas within 30 minutes,,,

she's still itchy, but I think it's from the previous bites, poor thing,,,

they've got me giving her benedryl,,,,,anywho,,,,no problemo

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Nope, not a crown! Keep thinking,,,,,,

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

OK Holly... I had to go to my house to find boxes to wrap these things into. and just got home. I opened the boxes to show Dana, she loved them said we did a great job with them. But they both lost the feet on them and the frog came off Nikki's and the dragon on front came off Ally's. anyway I can't fix them till after they leave later this afternon so they are hid right5 now in Dana's room. I think because both those things are stuck to wood I am gonna use some wood glue. I have some that dries clear so I will be doing that tonight and let it drive before I take shots of it and post them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

HOLYSPIT!!!!!!!!!! I've never had hot glue come off like that,,,,seriously!

I am wondering if it has more to do with the mod podge than the wood, myself,,,,,,holyspit!!!!! !

I just went and bought 2 wooden boxes at M's,,,,and some modpodge,,,,,,,,geeeeeeee eze!!! Now I am wondering if we should have put the feet on BEFORE we modpodged!!!!!!!!!! Holyspit!!!!!!

I'm sorry honeypie,,,,I've never used modpodge before,,,,that's just crazy!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

When I buy glue for the glue gun for mine, I am buying the kind for wood,,,,,,

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Well I guess you could try putting the feet on before maybe the mod podge will help them stay on. I think they just got bumped but not sure by what cause I had nothing in the back seat with them. anyway hope I can get them to stay on lol

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Let me know how you make out with the fleas. Poor Belle is having a helluva time.

I've used Frontline Pro and it doesn't seem to be doing any good at all! Acck!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hello everyone,
sorry i haven't been bye to chat today but i went and got my hair done.
dd treated me today. she said i needed som pampering, i think she just thought i looked ragged.
feeling lots better today.
still not eating much and still a little weak but nothing like before.
sleeping lots though.
i had chruch members vist me today and they sang christmas carols. and gave me a gift.
they stayed and we chatted for about an hour , it was so sweet of them to do that.
think when i am feeling better after the holidays i may invite them over for a treat from our family.

have some pictures to post still haven;t made anything yet.
dd and hubby putting the tree together and we are decorating it hopefully tonight.

tommorrow is a baking day, since we will be snowed in.
my son lives in tennesse, and he said they are realling getting it, he has six inches already.
we are suppossed to start at midnight and they say anywhere from twelve to eighteen inches,
boy i still have all my christmas cards to mail out.
so everyone will most likely receive them late.
hope you all have a very merry christmas and hope a very happy and healthy new year.
god bless you all.
love andhugsm joan

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Paula.... I use the once a month pill that they have out for my dogs, and it seems to work great. it doesn't wash off and it kills the fleas.

Joan glad to hear you are starting to feel a bit better. I am sure being pampered a bti made ya feel better too. it always does for me. and Don't worry abotu getting those cards ut on time as sick as you have been everyone will understand. I will be starting my baking on Sunday. I make lots of candies and cookies. (like any of us need all those sweets) lol But its just not Christmaas without them and I already feel outta place living here with my DD. I don't have any of my things to decorate with it just does not feel like home ya know.

Well the kids are gone for the weekend so I need to get up and get these boxes fixed so I can take photo's of them and post them maybe tomorrow. and need to get some gifts wrapped too.
have a good night talk to yall later.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to Ccnutts

hi sweetie, gifts to wrap, cookies to bake and still need to shop. even though it is going to be a small one.

baking tommorow with dd, and hope we get most done.
we are suppossed to get lots of snow.
had a nice day today and posted my new hair do, not sur aweful short.

but it will be easier to take care of i hope.

have fun baking, i am sure yours will be wonderful, baking is one of my fav things to do besides, making cards and scrapping.

i am praying we all have a nice christmas and a happy and better new year.

god bless you.
give me a call some time. i will try to call you tommorow, but it is ten thirty at night here so to late.
boy the time flys so fast now a days,'
love and hugs,
joan

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Paula, I recommend comfortis,,,,,,,,the once monthly pill,,,,

at this point, I am beginning to think Bailey is flea free,,,,,,I think maybe she has allergies or something, or the previous bites are still bothering her,,,,,,,because there is not a flea on her body,,,,,,

for Bailey's size (10-20 lbs) the once monthly comfortis costs 14 dollars,,,,,but it lasts longer than a month,,,,,it's really awesome stuff,,,,,and worth every penny! I used advantage/advantix and had to use TWO per month and it was costing me more than 20 bucks a month, so I actually save money with the comfortis,,,,,,,

Mary PM'd me and asked if we were ok with her joining us here,,,,,

I thought it was WONDERFUL that she wants to come on in and join us!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to see her

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sigh, scratch everything I just said (pun intended),,,,I just picked a LIVE FLEA off Bailey!!!!!!!

I am literally stunned!!!! I think the problem lies in the fact that I got her the 10-20 lb comfortis,,,and she's exactly 20 lbs,,,,I'm seriously thinking I should have gotten her the next size up, but now I have to wait at least 2-3 weeks before giving another,,,

ugh,,,,

I also need to treat the cats, and I just don't have the money to take them all to the vet, so I am going to WM and buying the OTC stuff and praying I dont have a problem with it,,,,,

it gave one of my cats convulsions once, and the vet told me to never use the advantage you can buy at walmart,,,,,its dangerous. Well I did some research, and although I wouldnt call it DANGEROUS as most cats are fine with it, a certain percentage DO have convulsions with it,,,,it's BETTER to go with the vet stuff,,,,but like I said,,,,no can afford to take 3 cats to the vet right now,,,,,maybe after the holidays,,,

I am also worried about the kitten,,,,,not even sure how old it is,,,,,probably about 3 months old,,,,,,not sure I can give her that stuff,,,,

if not, I dont know WHAT to give her,,,,

ugh, I am abut to scream,,,,,

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Yall.... I am up early fell asleep watching a movie before 10:00 last night. not sure whats going on with me I am usually up till after midnight and up by 6:30 each day, even on the days I don't have to be. Anyway I get to spend the day with Frankie today. uggh.... We are going to buy Santa. The girls have asked for new bikes and he agreed to buy them so I have to go with him to help pick them out. I have my shower already just setting here in my housecoat having coffee before I get dressed.
I am thinking I need to get the plates down and put another coat of mod podge on them before I leave this morning. OH duhhhhhh noone but Holly knows about the plates lol I am making my DD 2 plates for the girls to give to her to hang in her bedroom. I found pics on the net of 2 of picasso's paintings (Mona Lisa and the naked blue lady) I got some old china plates from the thrift store and printed the pics and am gonna mod podge them on the plates. I printed them on some vellium then cut them in a circle to fit the plate. Anyway they are looking really good.
I am just hoping that she does not go in my bedroom today after I leave. lol course they are on the very top of my book case so maybe she will not see them.

OK guess its time for me to take the dogs out I have put them off long enough. lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

Morning CC,,,,I just came back from Walmart. I had to get foam brushes to make my own boxes with, lol They had nothing for the cats except hartz and I refuseeeeeeeeeeee to use Hartz,,,I am gonna check the feed supply store today when I go in there,,,,,

I need new food for Bailey, and I am thinking of changing her food,,,,,,we've had alot of skin problems with her since changing her food,,,it's been WONDERFUL for her ears, but not so great for her skin,,,,,

poor thing,,,,,,so I am gonna try the ******** Van Pattens this time I think,,,,,maybe she'll like it better too, lol,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh lord, it starred out my innocent word,,,,

I am gonna try RICHARD van pattens food,,,,

geesh,,,,,,,IT'S THE MAN'S NAME FOR GOODNESS SAKE,,,,,,,NOT A BODY PART!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

ya know the best thing I have found that my cats have loved and both of my cats (Jo lived to be 21 and would not eat anything else) and baby bear likes it the best is meow mix. not sure why but when I bought other stuff they just would not eat it. are you feeding her can food or dry? cause the vet told me ony to give my cats the can stuff now and then as a treat. oh and I would get some advantage for her but she is so tiny you should only put a tiny bit on her. we buy the strength for big dogs and then use a seringe to just put a little on the cats. that way it will last you alot longer.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

oh and are you making the boxes for your dgk? I see you said you got 3 more boxes...

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

Well gonna head out to meat Frankie, I am thinking I will just go on out to the house cause I do not want to leave Dana's car in PC while shopping all day. that way I can take Lucky out and he can stay at the house there while we are gone instead of staying here and having to wear that stupid bark coller.

will see yall later on today have a good one.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

I can't FIND advantage!!!!!!! All I can find is the Hartz, and I don't trust that company as far as I can throw them!

I got Baybay the Richard Van Patten's allergy diet food,,,,,,I really think her skin problems could be a food allergy.

took bay to the vet for her flu shot,,,,yeah a flu shot for a dog! but with her short nose, pneumonia would be a disaster, and I dont want to risk it,,,the vet was having a special, 30 bucks for both the shot and the booster (2 weeks from now) and no appt fee,,,,so they gave her some Frontline while I was there,,,,,,,

so now I've had comfortis/capstar/frontli ne.

all THREE forms of flea medication! Sheesh!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

hello everyone.
hope you are having a great day.
we have snow a total white out.
it is s beautiful. but not me i am staying in.
i might even get to scrap a page maybe two.
felling lots better.
and ready to go.

have a wonderful day god bless and hugs,
love joan

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh Joan, I am so happy that you are feeling better Hugs and God bless right back at you,,,

I hope you are enjoying your day snowed in, scrapping,,,,,,,,,are you drinking hot cocoa and staying warm?? It's cold here today!!!!! Well, cold for HERE, lol

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

HI!!!!

Just checking in. Snowing like crazy up here and has been since about 10 last night. They are calling for a total of 20-30 inches here in Md before it finally comes to an end sometime tonight. It really does put you in the mood for Christmas, though!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

I saw photos Sandie,,,,,crazy! the East Coast is getting HAMMERED,,,,,it's gorgeous, and everyone is sooooooooo excited,,,,

not so great for holiday travelers though, I bet,,,,I know someone trying to get into Va, and having a hard time!

Enjoy the snow! I want some, lol! Could ya send us a few inches???

Scatter
Guru
Scatter

Mmmm never heard of Comfortis. I'll have to call the vet tomorrow. Thanks.

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Scatter

LOL, Holly! I would be glad to send you a few inches. How many do you want????
Have a wonderful evening!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to sandiesea

We could use 6 or 8 maybe it will stay around for a couple of days anyway. lol although it is suppose to be below freezing Monday morning so they say so we might be bale to keep it a few days.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

ok yall I got the pics of the boxes, so here they are.
Dragon box top By Ccnutts
Dragon box inside By Ccnutts
princess box top By Ccnutts
princess box inside By Ccnutts
princess box bottom By Ccnutts

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

wow, CC, those photos are amazing,,,,,,glad you got the feet back on lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

GOOD MORNING LADIES,,,,,,,

COFFEE IS ON!!!!!!!!

Today is HOUSECLEANING DAY my last chance, today and tomorrow, to get things done before Xmas,,,,since I work Mon/Tues/Wed night, and I'd REALLY like to bake on Thursday morning,,,,

sooooooooooo the rugs need steam cleaning,,,,,I am going to do regular dusting and vacuuming today, as well as organizing and sorting, and clean both bathrooms,,,,,

and tomorrow I am going to steam clean,,,,

Normally I'd mop today too, but it doesn't make much sense to mop today,,,,,,,I'll do that Thursday AM after I finish baking,,,,,,,but I'd REALLY like that to be the ONLY cleaning I do thursday,,,,

I hope everyone has more exciting things planned today than I have

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

yeah me too the wood glue seems to be holding great. it dries clear so thank goodness, I just boxed them last night and will wrap them before the girls get home today. I have such a busy day planned, and I just hate the fact that my plans are contengent on som eone else doing something. I hate to have to wait on things. I am suppose to go to the flea market today to pick up a few things, and Frankie is suppose to brig the bikes over this morning so I can't leave till he gets here. and he is slow as mollasses. I am thinking abotu calling him in a few and telling him not to come till after Noon. lol that way I can go get things done and be back by the time he gets here. but realy I doubt I will have to worry about that as it takes him forever to get up and get going.

ok coffee is done gonna go get me some (coffee that is)

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to Ccnutts

Good morning ya'll!!! Sounds like you all have quite a busy day going on! Just take it easy and try not to do too much at one time. It's not going anywhere!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

LOL, that is the PROBLEM Sandie, lol,,,,

it's not GOING anywhere, lol,,,,,,,,

I'm not that worried about it, the house isn;t too bad,,,,,just would like to get the weekly cleaning done today (which I usually do on Mondays) so that I can steam clean tomorrow

then regular maintainence and a quick pick up thursday should suffice,,,,,,

Wed night I have to go shopping for last minute stuff,,,,,,ugh, I dont even want to THINK about Walmart on the 23rd,,,,,sigh, but I have to lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, I am glad that you and Frankie got bikes! Yay! what else did he buy for them???

How cool that he got what they wanted What kind did you buy? What colors are they? The girls are going to be soooooooooo excited

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

I will do a good cleaning on Weds. Not that we are going to have any guests coming. We will take dinner to dbf's mother on Christmas Eve, and we are going to dd on Christmas Day. I am off the cooking cleaning hook this year. I plan on taking Keilbasa and sauerkraut in a crockpot to dd, along with a bottle of champagne.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

How nice

So how are you enjoying your snow, Sandie? LOL,,,,,are your chihauhau's frozen little sausages yet???

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Are you kidding???? The chics go out and look at the white stuff on the porch, then turn right around and snuggle in their beds!! They are little enough that we can put potty pads down for them when the weather is bad, and they do use them!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea
In response to sandiesea

As far as me enjoying it, I enjoy looking out at it!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

LOL, I have to use potty pads for Bailey when it RAINS,,,,,,,

shes so freaking picky about wet on her paws it's not funny, so I hear you there, lol,,,,,

I can't even IMAGINE snow,,,,if I lived up North, she'd be using them all winter,,,,,,

of course, if she'd grown up there, she'd just get used to it, lol,,,,,,but now she's S P O I L E D,,,,,,,,and wont go out side in the wet,,,,sheesh

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

lol Lucky loves to be outside even in the rain. Bart on the other hand doesn't like the wet and cold on his feet. btu he does go out. not sure either of them would fair to good in the snow. I think bart would just go on the floor. lol but I think Lucky might just love it.

Well just called Frankie and he said he was getting ready to bring the bikes so guess I will wait till he gets here to leave. But yesterday all we bought was 2 bikes spent all day running from store to store didn't get done till after 4:00 pm lol started around 10:00 am. I will go post a pic of the bikes in my gallery Allys is a 20 in 5 speed mountain bike and Nikkis is a 34 in. 10 speed mountain bike. Ally wanted one of those west coast choppers. but they do not sell them anymore. when I told herr they stopped making them she said well Santa makes his own toys. lol had to tell her that Santa didn't make toys that were unsafe for kids and that was why they stopped making them. She still wants the seat, btu guess that is gonna ave to wait till I can find one somewhere. the only place you can find those bikes and stuff to go on them are at yardsales. so may be a while before she gets one.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

photo of the bikes are in my gallery

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

going to look!!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

WOW!!!!!!! THOSE ARE AWESOME BIKES!!!!! Where are you gonna keep them until Christmas??? Where are you hiding them??

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

well right now they are in the garage. Frankie brought them this morning. but Heather is gona hide them behind something when she gets home.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts
In response to Ccnutts

well dang the girls got home before Heather did... now we just gotta keep them outta the garage for a while till they go to bed and we can get in there to hide them. lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

Oh lordy,,,,,I hurt my back,,,,BAD. I dont know how, I didn't even DO that much today I am utterly miserable,,,,,sigh. It hasn't been this bad in almost a year,,,,of COURSE, right before a holiday,,,,,,,

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Well, after icing until 2am and taking anti-inflammatories all night,,,,,I can stand up,,,,STRAIGHT,,,,

this is a good sign.

Thank goodness,,,,,,of course, I don't dare do a single thing today besides sit here and watch movies, read books, play online (thank goodness for lappies!) and ice and take my medicine,,,,

so,,,,,,,,whether they like it or not, the children are now in charge of Housework 101, Dinner Prep parts 1 and 2 and Run and Fetch for Mom Advanced Course,,,,

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly, Sorry to hear that you hurt your back. and tell the kids I said do all they can to help. (like telling them I said is gonna make a differece) lol Got my fruitcakes done last night, but I over cooked them I didn't allow for them being in the small loaf pans instead of 1 huge cake and they are a bit hard on the top and bottom but the girls loved them. thats what they had for breakfast this mornin. Took me all afternoon to cut up the fruit and nuts cause after doing a little bit my hands would cramp up and I would have to stop and rest them. so that put me cooking still at 12:30 am. Today I am going out to the house to decorate for Christmas eve. I leave as soon aas the kids go to school, and I am not even dressed yet.
So have a good day yalll will check in when I get home.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE HAVE NO FREAKING POWER!!!!!!!!! wth????? It went out and I don't know why??? Someone must have hit something,,,,,,

sigh,,,,,,,,,,,I hope it's not going to be too long, but if someone hit something it could be hours,,,,,,,

I cant imagine it will effect you all the way out there though (at Frankie's)

sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,unbeliev able,,,,,,,

my battery on the lappie doesnt last that long though, so I am going to sign off and turn this thing off for a while so that I have it for later in case the power doesnt come back on,,,,

everyone have a nice day

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

So sorry you don't have power, Holly. Good luck with that and take care of your back.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

good morning sweetie, yes i am keeping warm and behaving getting better everyday.
can't wait to scrap and make cards again but i am waiting till the first of the year, just posting pictures for now. i posted forty photos in the gallery last night. i think i got a little carried away.
but so many snow pctures to show.
and my christmas tree turned out sideway. not sure why.

have a wonderful day.
and in case i don't get back lots to do.
have a merry christmas and a happy new year!

hugs, joan

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Well the power came back on relatively quickly, but the cable and internet got knocked out,,,

ask me how boring it was all day with no cable and no internet???

Well,,,,,we finally got it back around 6pm, but I had to take a nap to go to work,,,,,,and thank goodness I am upright and walking,,,,

I got a box almost completely altered today, if nothign else,,,,,but had to do that in tiny stages,,,,that chair is hard to sit in with my back,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi Joan!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you too! Hi Sandie!!! Thanks for the well wishes!

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

good morning everyone of you beautiful ladies, this is a beautiful day and the sun is shinning.
and i feel much better and happy and all ready to go again.
starting to make cards and scrap in jan. can't wait to start again.
love to all .
joan

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin yall.

OOPS its not mornin no more here. lol oh well anyway I have been very busy the last 2 days. went to Frankie's yesterday early morning stayed till 2:00pm got the livingroom cleaned and decorated for Christmas Eve. But the kitchen looks like a tornado went through it and what was my computer room still has boxes in it. I was hurting so bad by the time I got done with the livingroom I just quit and told Frankie he had to move the rest of the stuff and get the lights fixed outside. I will go back Thursday early in the morning and clean the kitchen and start cooking our dinner. He will be there as will the girls and they can help me.
I came home picked Ally up from school as she was in her PJ's and was to cold here to let her ride her bike in pj's and housecoat. lol I came home finished up with my gifts for my Bro and Sis. wrapped them set them by the door. got my shower and dressed left to go get our Christmas dinner that was donated to us.
Went to meet my Bro and sister at Olive Garden, we were to be there by 6:00pm because of traffic I tried to go the back roads but they were just about as bad as the main roads and interstate. but half way there I realized I had left the gifts at the house. I called my sister as I was turning into the rest parking lot told her I was there and had to find a parking spot. it was 5:58pm she said they had gotten a table and for me to come on back when I got in. by the time I found a spot to park and got inside it was 6:10. I walked up to the table and started taking my jacket off to sit. And noticed that my Bro and BIL had already eaten their salad. I was so pissed. They could not wait 10 min for me to get there they had to eat before I got there. I just looked at them both and I blew sky high. I told them that was bull sh!t that this was like the 4th yr in a row that they had done this to me and they were rude and I put my jacket back on and walked out. I called my sis when I got out in the parking lot and told her not to ever invite me to a dinner with them anymore cause I would not be going back again. I had to set in the parking lot 45 min cause I was so upset and shaking and could not drive in all that traffic to get back home.
Usually Frankie is with me and he can get me calm enough that I can sit down and eat. but he was not with me last night so when I blew up I showed my butt and walked out. maybe I was wrong in throwing a fit about it and walking out but I had just thought that was really rude to start eating before all the people in your party got there. I know they are both diabetics and need to eat on a schedule but a green salad does nothing to bring up your sugar and then my sister tried to make it better by telling me that her and my sil had waited on me that it was just the men that had eaten. and they they needed to eat. and that is bull. then she told me that the waiter had brought out the salad and bread when they sat down. And as far as I know they do not bring salads to the table unless you order them. either way it was rude to not wait.

OK I am done with my rant now guess I will stop am just making myself even more mad.

Today I am trying to get all my gifts wrapped and under the tree. only thig is Dana is still here and can't get her stuff out to wrap, she was suppose to go to the dr's office to drop off some papres btu she is putting it off cause she just does not want to go. lol
Hope you all are having a better day than me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

I had a nervous breakdown today,lol,,,,

I came home today to find that every single item inmy dd's room was in the living room,,,,

she was paintin gher bedroom THREE DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

no sink, it's plugged up,,,

no heat, it's broken,,,,,,,,,

I was freezing to death,,,,,

and the house was a disaster zone,,,,

DH came home and I lost it,,,

thank god he came through and took OVER,,,

he kicked some butt and DD cleaned up everything,,,he fixed the sink, did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen,,,,he fixed the heat, and supervised the cleaning,,,,,,

and now he is making dinner,,,,,,,,

I think I will now calm down and stop having a major melt down, lol,,,,

it's not perfect, but it is now managable with my back! which is much better tonight, lol,,,,

poor dh,,,,,he was going to go shopping this afternoon, but put it off so he could help me

CC I'd be upset too,,,,,,,if they'd had bread or something to bring up their sugar and apologized to you when you got to the table with an explanation, then I'd have understood it,,,,

but as soon as you sat down an explanation should have been given,,,,

period.

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly... Why is your DD painting her room this close to Christmas?
I am sorry that you had to come home to all that stuff. glad that dh got it all fixed though. As for the heat. they never turn on the heat here. we use the fireplace Dana made a fire yesterday morning to take the chill outta the air but after that we just have to wear sweaters or light jackets in the house. The girls have not been wanting to get outta bed in the morning cause it is so cold. I have to tell them to hurry and change their clothes and get something warm on so they do not stay cold.

Frankie asked me to buy the girls something for Christmas for him to give them. and I have no clue what to get them. Seems nothing I get them is gona compare to what they are getting here from my ex. lol although I am thinking about going to get them games for their DS cause we leave on the 26th to go up to visit with their mom ad that is like a 6 hr drive, they are gonna need something to keep them occupied. I just have no clue what kinda games to get. lol
well guess I will go get me more coffee and keep looking lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

Lord only KNOWS why she's painting her room NOW,,,,,,,

oy,,,,,

omg, we turn the heat on if it goes lower than 72!!!!!!!!! We can't STAND the cold, lol!

It was 59 degrees in this house yesterday AM and I froze my patuties off! I went to bed with flannel jammies, a thick fuzzy robe (yes TO BED) and a heating pad tucked inside!!!!!

thank GOD Jaime fixed the heat!!!!!

I got the house picked up this AM much better, now that it's in order, thank GOD,,,,,,without damaging my back thank goodness,,,

I am going shopping tonight to finish all my Xmas shopping,,,,,,,gifts and food,,,,,,and need to wrap while I am at it, lol,,,,,what I do not finish wrapping this afternoon, I will take to work with me tonight and finish there

how about electronic battleship for the car trip?? I think they have a car model of that game?? It's a great fun game!!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

thought about that. but I think they do better with individule games in the car cause they will start fighting. lol just went to walmart to get food for tomorrow night and Friday. and they had no pumpkin and no yams. now I gotta go to another store. guess that will not be to bad as I have to take Dana to the Dr. today. she is still not up to driving herself. she has to g to PC and that is to far for her to go alone. I think that is why she didn't go yesterday cause I told her I wanted to stay home and get some things done. so she never got up and left. duhhh me not thinking that that may be to long of a drive for her. Anyway after we get back I have to start making candy and cookies.
Well time to get everyone up here and get things moving. will check back in later today

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

doesnt she have an appointment? I mean yesterday? did she change it?

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

ell good afternoon.
i think.
cc so sorry you went throw all that. and that was verry rude of them, we always wait to order, we do get bread sticks because leroy is diebetic and needs to keep sugar from dropping.
he has to take an injection before he eats also. but he waits till everyone is there , tells me what to order then goes to the mens roon for his needle.
and i works out just fine.

i would have left too.
so glad you got home alright.

hpe you are having a better time now. love ,joan

holly who paints three days before christmas anyway,'
i would de having a fit,
but looks like you are the one who kicked somebutt. do you ever notice when we explode they all get moving, that is how it is here lot.
of ciurse i cn;t complain for the last few months can i.
since i mostly slept.
feeling so much better today went and got my blood drawn and no walker or wheel chair, of course it wasn't a long distance from the parking lot. stil trouble with the breathing thing though.
you take it easy my dear,
don;t want you having a heart attack.
have a merry christmas and a wonderful new year,
god bless and love. joan

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma

to cc, holly and sandie.
i don't know if you have noticed or not but we are the only four in here.
whats with that?
sorry sandie didn;t mean to leave you out with my messages but didn;t know yu were here too.
so sorry.
but you love me anyway.

so merry christmas to you and a happy new year too.
i think i am going to likeour little fourm group. just shows what great taste we al have.
he,he,

love to all, joan

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics