Page 1 of 53 
Username Post: FULL AND CLOSED Secret Sis Swap (Oct.-Dec.)        (Topic#1516235)
thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!

First of all, I want to express my gratitude to Kristie Bentley and Rosita for hosting the last couple of rounds. Rosita and I will be co-hosting this new round. Please read through the rules and guidelines as some things have changed. Some will stay the same also, but there all a few changes that I think will make this swap even better! I look forward to this swap this new round and I have had a WONDERFUL time in the other rounds too! Here are the new rules:

RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. This swap will begin October 1st. I will accept Sign-ups until September 30th or until there are 40 participants, whichever comes first. I will match up the sisters on October 1, 2009.

2. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner).

3. You will send her a package (examples would be some scrap supplies, candy, a favorite item (precious moments figurine, a willow tree decoration, etc. etc., depending on what your sister collects or likes) You will also be required to send her at least one message ON THE THREAD with an alternate id each month and you should feel free to send messages/cards online or through snail mail!

4. This round, we have a price MINIMUM of $20.00. You are required to spend at least $20.00 each month on your swap partner. Feel free to go over, if you choose, but do not expect your sister to do the same. Some of the ladies in the swap do not have the funds beyond the $20.00, and that is totally okay. As long as you can spend the 20.00 each month consistently, not including shipping, that is the main requirement of this swap! I am changing this because I do not feel that it is fair if one person sends 5.00 worth of stuff each month, but then receives a 20.00+ package themselves. Some of us budget to afford the secret sister swap, and they look forward to getting the 20.00+ back from their sister. This isn't to be mean, it is just more fair to do it this way. The 20.00 does NOT include ANY shipping costs to you or to your sister. The 20.00 must be spent on your partner but does NOT have to be only scrapbooking items!

5. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name!

6. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wishlist. Scrapbook.com will actually ship your item out to your sister if you include a note to block out your name and address information because it is for a secret sister exchange. This is often an easy and cheaper way to send your sister items directly from her wishlist...and who doesn't like getting things from their own wishlists?

7. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap because the purpose of this swap is to get to know your fellow swappers! You'll get more out of this swap the more you post, and your ss can get more ideas as to what to send you.

8. Secret sisters will end on December 31, so you can send your sister some Christmas day goodies! and then the big reveal at the end of December!

9. Never hesitate to pm me or Rosita if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. I am here to help you!

10. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: October 15th, November 15th, and December 15th. That should give the package time to arrive before end of the month. *THIS ROUND, IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED SOMETHING FROM YOUR SWAP SISTER BY NOVEMBER 10TH, OR DECEMBER 10TH THAT PARNER WILL BE CONTACTED AND REMOVED FROM THE SWAP...AND WE WILL SWITCH IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYONE RECEIVES! I am not playing around with this! I HATE to see someone getting flaked on when they are faithful and send to their partners. I will NOT TOLERATE flakers in this swap...you will be removed and not able to participate in any future swaps with us. If I contact you and you can provide a tracking number, that is acceptable. I would LOVE it if when you all mail out your packages, you sent me a tracking number thru pm's so I can keep track. I understand mail issues happen too, so this will make the swap more organized.

11. Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread!

12. You must have at least 100 posts in order to sign up.

13. To sign up, send me a PM with this information:
Screen Name
Name
Address
Phone number (This will not be given out, but is for my records in case something happens to you)
Birthday
Do you collect anything?
Favorite snack
List of things you would like to receive (or a link to your wishlist which you will keep updated).
If it is OK to have an international sister (because shipping costs more). We do have some sisters in other countries who participate and are lovely scrappers.

Secret Sister Ideas:

You don't have to do these things, but remember, we are running this until Christmas, so I wanted to give you some ideas.

1) Create an additional ID to log on to sb.com (so you can communicate with your ss on the thread and send PMs, etc.)You do have to do this to write you sis on the thread AT LEAST once a month! A good idea is to post when you mail out a package and "tease" them about some of the goodies included!

2) Send a card.

3) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff only but should include some scrap stuff!

Here is the list we used at my church, just to give you an idea. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!

An e-card
Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
Fresh cut flowers
A plant
Nail polish and a file
Book
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Gift certificates: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, ice cream stores, …
Photo album
Gift certificate to Block Buster with 2 or 3 bags of microwaveable popcorn
Picture frames
Basket of relaxing bath things
Coffee mug of suckers
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Box of peppermint bark
Box of cool pens
Basket with tablecloth, wine, and glasses
Handbags/totes
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00

*****Also, I must reiterate: DO NOT SIGN UP for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. If something happens during the swap that affects your ablility to keep participating, please contact Rosita and myself...we both just want EVERYONE to enjoy this swap, get to know each other, and enjoy spoiling someone and getting spoiled in return!

Anytime you have a question or an issue, please contact both Rosita and myself...we want to be available to help you and make this swap fun, enjoyable, and just a great place to chat and spend time! Honestly, I have made some wonderful friends on this site and I know they will remain close friends to me! This is a place that has a bunch of amazing women! I have even chatted with some on the phone (okay, Rosita, maybe a little more than "chatted") and met one of my previous secret sisters in person!

****LIST OF SECRET SISTERS (SO FAR)
1. Rosita
2. Tina (tina scraps)
3. Ashley (DNA301)
4. UK happiscrapper (Marie)
5. Lydbug (Lydia)
6. RachelUK (Rachel)
7. DonnalynneRN (Donna)
8. Pursemommie (Lavona)
9. Scrapbrarian (Rebecca)
10. happy scrappy247 (Christine)
11. scrappintastic (Melissa)
12. Nightenbelle (Kimberly)
13. jackie9635 (Jackie)
14. Chantelle Lea
15. Ladybug1972
16. Chuewanita (Lisa)
17. youvegotmel
18. sdenison
19. Fortunes Fool
20. Newbiemom
21. Mumsie23
22. thinkpink22 (Kimberly-ME)
23. nikilynn

Edited by thinkpink22 on 10-01-09 03:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to thinkpink22

me me me!

Kimberly, you forgot to delete the rules/guidelines for July's swap

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Tina scraps

Thanks Tina! I took care of that bit of extra information!!! Glad you are back!
Kimberly

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

can I have you for my bigsister again?

cornish_scrapper
Guru
cornish_scrapper

Sign me up too, please sweet Kimberly. I'll give it another go. Caring is sharing! Will pm my details to you a.s.a.p.
Big hugs,
Marie xx

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cornish_scrapper

May I play again too? I'll try not to be so behind this time! Girl Scout's honor! Will PM my details now!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to DNA301

me me me !!

i'll PM my info later tonight

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• uk_happiscrapper Said:
Sign me up too, please sweet Kimberly. I'll give it another go. Caring is sharing! Will pm my details to you a.s.a.p.
Big hugs,
Marie xx

I think you should assign someone extra special to Marie, since she only got those online classes last time.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I'm ready and willing dear Pink - off to pm you now!

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC
In response to RachelUK

I want in!!!!!!!

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie
In response to donnalynneRNC

Count ME IN!!! YAY!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to pursemommie

I'm in Sweet Pink!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to scrapbrarian

I have been away golfing with 3 girlfriends for the last few days. I was happy to have a few days vacation from the very busy public library where I work. Today a shooting occurred in the library parking lot just after opening this morning. Thankfully no staff or patrons were injured

My understanding from the police is that this was a domestic dispute that happened to occur in our parking lot—a man shot his wife and then himself. Both the husband and wife (who were Detrioit Police officers!) died from gunshot wounds.

Library staff responded quickly, police responded quickly, and we’ve received an outpouring of calls and emails from the public expressing their concern and support for us. We are making arrangements for on-site counseling tomorrow for library staff.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Rebecca, that's awful! I can't even imagine. so were you actually at work today, or did you just get back from golfing tonight?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I was golfing when it happened but staff called my cell as did dh once he heard it on the local news. I got back in town late this afternoon but won't go into work until tomorrow at 7:30 AM. I am off to bed now. Thanks for the hug Tina.

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

hey girls--since pink and donna talked me into it------i think i will particiapte this round!!i will send ya a pm tomorrow pink with the info--still trying to catch up on pm's that have been sent to me--lol

i noticed in the rules--that to post your tracking number---uhhhhhhhhh if we do that--then i would be clicking on those tracking numbers left and right and seeing who has who---lol----everyone should just pm the number to one of you girls

i am looking forward to it!!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to Christine0106

oh--and is it ok if i send my sis a 5 dollar gift a week--ya know--i could mail one of those 5 dollar footlongs every monday--lol------------ki dding---!!!!

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC

YAY! Christine. Cept now I am gonna be singing the five dollar foot long song all day at work~

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I'm totally singing the $5 footlong song. THANKS christine, lol!

fun to see some different (for me, since I only did it this last time) players.

I've gotta be more careful this time around, Miss Rebecca figured me out fairly early on the last time, though I denied it till the end. I was going for "plausible deniability" - ha, think I've been watching too many law/crime shows?

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic

I THINK I got my computer fixed last night, count me in on this one!!!! I've missed everyone! LOL

lstory 
Mayor
In response to scrappintastic

I'm gonna sit this one out because I'm doing two other swaps and then there's Christmas right around the corner, but I'd love to stop by and chat if you'll have me.

Lisa

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to lstory

I'd like to sign up for this one!

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie

• scrappintastic Said:
I THINK I got my computer fixed last night, count me in on this one!!!! I've missed everyone! LOL

Hey chick!! Missed you too!! How is it going?// ARe you lovin that new House

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well, I am so excited about everyone that has signed up so far!!! YEA!!!!!

Hey Christine, I meant that the tracking information would be requested if someone doesn't receive their package, etc. I wouldn't mind if anyone wants to pm me their tracking numbers so I can keep track and make sure everyone is consistently receiving!!! AND the sub sounds really good, but coming from your neck of the woods, I'm just not sure how "fresh" the sub would be when it arrived! Now that is one package I wouldn't need a tracking number for...I'd be able to smell it!

Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I am so very excited about all the ladies old and new that are signing up...here is my list so far (forgive me, but I'm a little anal when it comes to organizing!...so bear with me on this please)

1. Rosita
2. Tina (tina scraps)
3. Ashley (DNA301)
4. UK happiscrapper (Marie)
5. Lydbug (Lydia)
6. RachelUK (Rachel)
7. DonnalynneRN (Donna)
8. Pursemommie (Lavona)
9. Scrapbrarian (Rebecca)
10. yesiamagrandmommy (Christine)
11. scrappintastic (Melissa)
12. Nightenbelle (Kimberly)
13. jackie9635 (Jackie)
14. Chantelle Lea
15. Ladybug1972
16. thinkpink22 (Kimberly-ME)

If I missed anyone let me know...I am still accepting sign ups so let everyone know!!! I hope we get a lot of people in here...it's going to be so much fun!!! With Christine sending meat, we might get a ton of sign ups!
~Kimberly

Edited by thinkpink22 on 09-26-09 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

This is a swap with such wonderful ladies...can I have all of you for my secret sister? If Rostia is still so busy with work and stuff, I will have my oldest son Brandt (16 years old) do the match ups and pm you the info. Honestly, I enjoy the detective work so as much as I will want to look, I won't! I want to participate too and be surprised just like all of you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hi Lisa! So sorry you aren't joining this round...but yes, please feel free to drop by and chat! We'd love to talk with you!!! Oh, and I ONLY added 81 products to my wishlist...wow, I better get with the program! I didn't tell you though that I deleted over 200 items that I purchased on my trip! So I have 119 more to add...so I better get busy busy busy!!!
Kimberly

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Ok...I have to NOT give myself away so quickly this time. I'm not very good at keeping secrets LOL!

lstory 
Mayor

Kimberly, I find it very helpful when you add products. I pick and choose what I want to add to my wishlist right off your wishlist as it shows up in my activity stream - so really, you're just providing a useful service, that's all.

Lisa

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to lstory

I'm very excited about this swap. I love these, I love sending cards and picking gifts and random things like that. :-)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• thinkpink22 Said:
Hi Lisa! So sorry you aren't joining this round...but yes, please feel free to drop by and chat! We'd love to talk with you!!! Oh, and I ONLY added 81 products to my wishlist...wow, I better get with the program! I didn't tell you though that I deleted over 200 items that I purchased on my trip! So I have 119 more to add...so I better get busy busy busy!!!
Kimberly

you bought 200 different things in MI?!#!~!

were any of them for me?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

• thinkpink22 Said:
Kimberly

HOLY FISHSTICKS! My mom would have such a fit and a half if I bought that many scrapping supplies on any trip!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to DNA301

Kimberly's gonna have to start selling some of those kids to create money and room for her scrap habit, lol

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

hey girls--just checking in--seeing whats going on--yeah--if i sent a sub--i think you would smell it before it hit the mail box--and the mail man wouldnt be so happy either--lol

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to lydbug

I don't think a sub would make it past Christine's post office - they'd eat it

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic

• pursemommie Said:
  • scrappintastic Said:

I am LOVING my house!!! 2600 square feet of heavenly SPACE!!! After living in a 40 foot 5th wheel for 3 years, I was SO READY!!!!! I have my OWN PRIVATE Scrap room!! A jacuzzi tub that I can lay down FLAT in (dont have to bathe with my legs sticking up in the air anymore! LOL) Closets!!!! Cabinets galore!!!! REAL furniture!!! Ladies, never take your everyday items for granted!!! It took me two weeks to not reach for the foot peg on the toilet for flushing! lol

Edited by scrappintastic on 09-23-09 07:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Is there a side competition here for girls and motorbikes? Best I could do is an ancient push-bike - not nearly so impressive! I do have a photo of Emily aged about 2 on my brother's great big motorbike though, so maybe I should work on a scrap page!

Got two days off now, which I feel I desperately need, and Emily is at home so we're having a girly day. She is writing her novel (shes 22, has approached an agent, sent them a couple of chapters and they're interested....how confident is that!) and I'll be scrapping in a mo.

Went out for dinner last night with a bunch of girlfriends who I trained with when I started nursing, over 30 years ago. Its hard to believe I'm that ancient! We had a grand time.

Rgith off to scrap now, and try to work out how to mark this thread as a favourite too!

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106
In response to RachelUK

melissa--i had no idea you were living in a 5th wheel--and for 3 years at that---you go girl--i would have last about 3 hrs!! i cant imagine 3 yrs!! but hey--at least it makes it easy to travel--lol!!

welp-got a busy day ahead--so i better get to gettin--have a great day everyone

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie

• scrappintastic Said:
  • pursemommie Said:
  • scrappintastic Said:

I am LOVING my house!!! 2600 square feet of heavenly SPACE!!! After living in a 40 foot 5th wheel for 3 years, I was SO READY!!!!! I have my OWN PRIVATE Scrap room!! A jacuzzi tub that I can lay down FLAT in (dont have to bathe with my legs sticking up in the air anymore! LOL) Closets!!!! Cabinets galore!!!! REAL furniture!!! Ladies, never take your everyday items for granted!!! It took me two weeks to not reach for the foot peg on the toilet for flushing! lol

Ok I am getting Donna on a plan and me and her will be there for a Scrap Retreat!!!LMBO!!!

I am soo happy for you!!!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

Hi ya Pink and ALL my favorite peeps!!!!! I will join this round too!!! I'm sooooo excited, having the mail lady walk to my front door every month is gonna be a hoot cuz she hates to get out of her boxcar!!! Off to send my info!!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to chuewanita

This is shaping up to be a really fun round. Happy to see some former SS's coming back and happy to welcome to some new sisters as well!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

You betcha Rebecca!! Just like old home week!!!

Christine!!!! I passed a SUBWAY this morning and started laughing!!! Thanks Sister!!! You make my day!!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya everyone! Hope everyone's having a Happy Thursday! It's a dance class day for me...solo lesson, ballet, and modern...plus I'm counting down the days until this Anime Festival I go to. It's on Saturday and it's wicked!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to DNA301

Ashley, I was thinking of you earlier 'cuz I just uploaded a very kawaii page and was reminded of your anime obsession.

Lisa

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to lstory

Lisa, what does she usually do with your mail, just throw it from the car?!

I'm curious, having only done this once before, does anyone ever get the same person more than once? has it happened? cause I'm thinking I could send Rebecca some accessories for that hot dress her husband bought her...

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

No tina she is just lazy and she needs to retire. She hates to get out of her boxcar and she use to pull into the driveway until she almost hit another car parked on the street.You tell her thank you and she just groans!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Sounds like the mail guy where I live. He's a royal grump who LOVES to leave mail he can't fit in the slot on the front steps...even in the rain!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

You know what Lavona - I am looking for a house, and you are doing all the legal stuff - can you do me a cheap deal?!! Only kidding. The British legal system would drive you crazy!

I can hardly wait to show Neil the house that Emily and I checked out on Monday - it is so pretty! English houses are teenyweeny compared to yours - there is just so much space in the US that it isnt a problem to build a gloriously large house, but here - well space is at a premium. If you could see the ridiculously small carparks we have you would laugh. There is often only inches between your car and the one next to you - no wonder cars get scratched!

I'm smug today cos I spent money on this site (would that we had a Michaels or Jos near here, but then I definitely would have to sell one of the kids!) and actually completed a lo too.

Now off to make hot chocolate - shame we have no marshmallows!

Edited by RachelUK on 09-24-09 01:31 PM. Reason for edit: Accidentally posted before complete!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

I'm not even sure what our mail man looks like, since I'm never home when he comes. what I do know is that the days he has off, the idiot substitute mailman delivers the mail to the wrong side of the house :P

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Tina, off to another crop this weekend? Lucky you! I am headed to DC for business. Back Sunday night. You all behave, hear?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I am, I leave in the morning

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Is this for at least $20 each month. That is October, November and December? If that is it I would love to join

I get excited just getting even a letter in the mail

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I'm so glad to see some familiar faces coming back to this swap!

Looking at this, and thinking...I'm going to be spending all my on-line time catching up on the chit-chat!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• thinkpink22 Said:
This is a swap with such wonderful ladies...can I have all of you for my secret sister? If Rostia is still so busy with work and stuff, I will have my oldest son Brandt (16 years old) do the match ups and pm you the info. Honestly, I enjoy the detective work so as much as I will want to look, I won't! I want to participate too and be surprised just like all of you!

Oh no you don't! I think it will be more fun if there's no way to find out who really has us...except torture one another. And I promise not to torture you as much as you tortured me.

donnalynneRNC
Queen
donnalynneRNC
In response to Rosita

Rosita....was wondering about you and all those floods. Did you fare well?????

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

How is everyone today! At long last I finished another lo, and I'm pleased with it! Hey it was worth having a couple of days leave!!

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie
In response to RachelUK

Happy Friday Yall!!!

I tell you I think I am gonna float away! Its not as bad as those poor people in GA but I am sic of this stuff!!!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

Ohhh... My poor Princes!! I've got my windows open and the sun is shining!! A little crispness in the air but I love it!!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

I've got another girls day tomorrow too!! I don't know what I'm gonna work on, maybe something for my sis??? which one?? can't say maybe old maybe new!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

Rebecca!!!!! Thanks for the friends invite on FB, now you need to get a farm!! LOL!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

I just want to say that I'm glad we have a good amount of people for this round... I know summer gets busy but I for one missed all the chitter-chat, not like their was none but just not the same as it is now!! I wub you girls!!!

chuewanita
Diva
chuewanita

Rachael... I can't wait to see pics of your house!! I mean if you get it and hubby likes it! It sounds right up my alley. Make sure to take pics!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hey Lisa! Have a great day!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Lavona~congratulations on the new job! That is wonderful! You will be great at anything you do...I can tell that about you!
Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Well Rosita, can't blame a girl for trying! Seriously though, I would NOT peak! I do like the surprise! I will send you your half to swap when sign ups are over!

If anyone has any requests such as someone you want to swap with or someone that you don't (whether you already had them or another reason), please pm me right on the thread with you ss information. I won't guarantee, but I'll do my best!
Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hi Rachel! I am so happy for you about the new house! I want photos and infomration and pictures of you moving! You are making so many changes in your life right now...you are going to have an entire new life when you are done! I hate change when I am going through it...but almost always love the end result! I try to remind myself of that when I am making changes!

I am glad you were able to use something I sendt to you! I always try to send things that I think someone will like but I have been known to screw that up occasionally-NOT FROM NOT TRYING THOUGH!
I honestly spend more time worrying that my ss won't like it, if I used that time differently, I might actually complete some scrapbook pages!
And you don't want Dan to organize for you! He is good for a ton of things but organizing isn't one of them (although once in a while, he surprises me!)
Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• chuewanita Said:
Hi ya Pink and ALL my favorite peeps!!!!! I will join this round too!!! I'm sooooo excited, having the mail lady walk to my front door every month is gonna be a hoot cuz she hates to get out of her boxcar!!! Off to send my info!!!!

Hey Lisa, I'm glad you are doing the swap but...does this mean I'm not one of your favorite peeps too?

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• uk_happiscrapper Said:
Big hugs,
Marie xx

We love you Marie and I am glad you are joining! Please send me your information! Love having you in the swap sweetie!
Kimberly

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to DNA301

• DNA301 Said:
May I play again too? I'll try not to be so behind this time! Girl Scout's honor! Will PM my details now!

You are welcome to join Ashley! Glad to see you back!
Kimberly

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie

• chuewanita Said:
I just want to say that I'm glad we have a good amount of people for this round... I know summer gets busy but I for one missed all the chitter-chat, not like their was none but just not the same as it is now!! I wub you girls!!!

Awww you sooo sweet!!! I wish the rain would really stop it is getting anoying.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to lydbug

• lydbug Said:
me me me !!

i'll PM my info later tonight

Oh goodie! I love having you in swaps Lydia! (or should I call you Lynda??? )
Kimberly (Kim...NOT!)

pursemommie
Governor
pursemommie

• thinkpink22 Said:
Lavona~congratulations on the new job! That is wonderful! You will be great at anything you do...I can tell that about you!
Kimberly

Aww thanks!!! Yall make me wanna cry!!! sooo sweet!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
I'm ready and willing dear Pink - off to pm you now!

I am so glad that you are doing this again and that you loved it as much as I did! Love ya Rachel...you are such a sweetie!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

• donnalynneRN Said:
I want in!!!!!!!

You are in~YEA!!!!! I'm so glad to see old LL ladies in (not old as in "you are old", old as in "the original LLL swap people!)!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

WOw oh WOW! Rebecca, Lavona, Melissa, and Christine too-welcome welcome welcome back!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to . . . . .

• Nightenbelle Said:
I'd like to sign up for this one!

Welcome Kimberly! You have a great name!

She is another KimBERLY too, not a Kim! But I'm going to stick with being the original PINK!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to jackie9635

• jackie9635 Said:
Is this for at least $20 each month. That is October, November and December? If that is it I would love to join

I get excited just getting even a letter in the mail

Welcome! Yes, the swap is for a minimum of 20.00 each month: October November and December.

Thanks for joining...I'll add you to the list and I believe I already got your information too!
Kimberly

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635

Yay I'm excited for this. Plus it gives me a reason to go shopping! Maybe I should stop moping around and actually get ready for work now.

ladybug1972
Expert
ladybug1972

I really would love to be in on this!!!!! I have never been in one and would love to share gifts with a wonderful lady on here!!!!!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to ladybug1972

Happy Friday everyone! Off to Girl Scouts later today and then tomorrow is Anime Fest Day! I'm such a dork LOL!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to ladybug1972

Hey Pink - did ya spend all day long responding to everyone's messages? You must be working nights again!! LMBO!

I'm coming to the end of my second day of holiday. Didnt scrap yet, but may still do some, but I shopped with my daughter, and had nice starbucks coffee with her (she introduced me to skinny latte with vanilla shot - mm mmmm!)and bought some more bedding for Josh at uni. He told me he had a single bed and I went and I bought a new single bed quilt and cover etc, and as I arrived home he said 'oh no its a queen size and we need double sheets and quilts!' Dontcha just love 'em!

Emily is a good influence on me - I lost a couple of pounds this week with just she and I in the house on our own! It'll all be undone with a great bottle of wine this evening though!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Everything around me is flooding, and the kids were out of school Monday and Tuesday both...but they're back in the swing of things now. There were people at work whose commute was 2 hours each way Mon & Tuesday because of all the road closings. I would have been one of those, but I was in bed sick.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• chuewanita Said:
Rebecca!!!!! Thanks for the friends invite on FB, now you need to get a farm!! LOL!

Are you on FarmTown?

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
Everything around me is flooding, and the kids were out of school Monday and Tuesday both...but they're back in the swing of things now. There were people at work whose commute was 2 hours each way Mon & Tuesday because of all the road closings. I would have been one of those, but I was in bed sick.

O geez. That's a crazy amount of a commute. My friend is living out in Georgia too and she says it's so terrible there right now. I hope everything goes well for you and the damage, if there is any, isn't too terrible
Wishing you all the best.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Thanks Jackie. I didn't have any damage...I got very lucky. At one time I looked out the front door, and the water was about 8 inches deep just off the porch...

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Reminder to all the newbies...delete your location from your home page. There are some ladies here who will look!

jackie9635
Diva
jackie9635
In response to Rosita

whoops. thanks for the heads up

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

hello everyone--just stopping in---sorry your not feeling well rosita--feel like i havent talked to you in-fore-ever!!!

hey jackie--so i saw rosita said that and you responded--opps--so i dashed to your page hoping i would see where you are from before you took your resident location off---but--now i realize that happened about 2 hrs ago--lol

but.................... i still figured out where your from---cause i am---THE MASTER--lol!!!!!

so there ya go pink--cant give jackie to me--and --jackie--i will pm you how i know--

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

oh-and dont feel bad jackie--i do it to everyone--just ask rosita--lol--and pink--hahaha

oh--and i just found out where
DNA301 --aka ashley is from---jackie--try the formula i gave you on her and see if it works for ya and if you can figure where ashley is

I BET YOU GIRLS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I AM BACK---HAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHA

Christine0106
Governor
Christine0106

oh--guess what guys---i actually had a 5 dollar footlong for dinner--well--only 1/2 of it-rest if for lunch tomorrow----or i could save it and mail it--trying to decide

and with that ladies--i am out--friday night and time to par-tay----well--at my age--that means--go lay on the couch and watch 20/20 or dateline-whichever is on

smoooooooooooches!!

Chantelle Lea
Resident
Chantelle Lea

I have not had 100 posts... is there any exceptions? I have done several swaps on MySpace groups. I've done a Queen of the Month which was about 6 months long... I have all positive feedback on ebay... let me know, thanks.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Chantelle Lea

Me? I'm from The Other Side of the Looking Glass...just jump the first of six brooks to find me.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Chantelle Lea

• Chantelle Lea Said:
I have not had 100 posts... is there any exceptions? I have done several swaps on MySpace groups. I've done a Queen of the Month which was about 6 months long... I have all positive feedback on ebay... let me know, thanks.

You don't have to have 100 posts when you first throw your hat in the ring, but you do need to have 100 posts before the swap begins. Since today is only the 24th, you've got plenty of time.

Some girls here do that many posts each day! (Not naming anyone in specific Christine)

Making comments in galleries count...so you can make comments on random people, or you can go ahead and check out the amazing talent in this group. I know I've improved dramatically by association with these amazing ladies.

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic
In response to DNA301

I always tend to get on when everyone else has gotten off.... I THINK I may have my internet/computer problem fixed, tho! YAY! Anyway, hello LLL sisters, and all newbies! I've missed a lot over the past few months, but I'm B_A_C-K!!!! The time hasnt been a total waste tho, I've been working on "snore socks"... the LLL sisters will know what that is! LOL

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

Hey Melissa...did you open the scrapbook store?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• yesiamagrandmommy Said:
oh-and dont feel bad jackie--i do it to everyone--just ask rosita--lol--and pink--hahaha

oh--and i just found out where
DNA301 --aka ashley is from---jackie--try the formula i gave you on her and see if it works for ya and if you can figure where ashley is

I BET YOU GIRLS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I AM BACK---HAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHA

We are glad you are back! But you really shouldn't be teaching private eye courses before the swap even begins! You may be giving lessons to your ss and not know it.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

And yes, I do realize it's past my bed-time. I had to wake up and take dd back to school, and am winding down again.

The cheerleaders are having a lock-in at the school tonight after the game. You'd think she'd just stay there after the game, right? No, she had someone give her a ride home so she could take a shower so then she could wake poor sick Mama up to take her back to where she was before finding a ride.

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic
In response to Rosita

No, Christi mis-understood that information. I will SOME DAY open one.....Right now too risky with the economy like it is.... But my area REALLY NEEDS one!! I have no where to go crop now Boo hoo.....

How have you been Rosita????? Sorry you've been sick, that nasty flu has been going around in our area....

scrappintastic
Guru
scrappintastic
In response to Rosita

LOL, Rosita, typical girl..... my dd is the same way.

Page 1 of 53 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics