Username Post: Sizzix users        (Topic#1513969)
tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol

I have the old "big red" model of the Sizzix that uses the originals dies. I also have the adaptor and a few embossing folders, and one set of Sizzlets. I tried using hte Sizzlets with the adaptor last night and had very poor results.

Do any of you use your Sizzlets with your big red, and what is the best way to get clean cuts with it?!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to tmmvol

I use my sizzlits more frequently than my larger dies, because I like the alphas. I have found that I'm using my Sizzix less now that I have the Slice, but that's a different topic.

Anyway, I've not had any issues when I use the big red machine and the black magnetic adaptor. If the paper is thick, sometimes I have to put it through and then depress the handle a few more times than usual. I also tend to use two Sizzlits at once, putting them side by side under the black adaptor.

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to siameseplease

I may need to add a shim to the underneath of the white pad. I've used it so much that maybe it is a little thinner than it should be.

I've had this thing for 5 years and never used it with Sizzlits! Think of all I've been missing!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to tmmvol

Tara- I found that I had to use a shim (like 3 pieces of thin chipboard!) ALL THE TIME with sizzlits even with the adapter. I got the sidekick and it's GREAT- no shim needed. I would just get a big kick with a coupon and then you don't need the shims or anything else! It comes with a multipurpose platform that works as an adapter to EVERYTHING out there! I use my "old red" for mashing bottlecaps and cutting stuff that's too thick to put in the bigkick. You might want to wait on getting the big kick because sizzix is putting out a 12x12 cutter like the big kick sometime soon- it's on their blog. Now that I've TOTALLY enabled you!

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to Seaexplore

I am SO glad you said that because I bought a used original sizzix, and decided instead of getting the adapter for the sizzlits, to get a more portable machine, I fibbed and told my husband the adapter was 25 so I could get a used sidekick or similar for about the same price...lol I ended up buying a used cuttlebug in a trade for a fiskars paper trimmer that i got for 25.. yay

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to TiggerPooh2380

Even tough I have the adapter, once I bought the Sidekick, I only use the Sidekick for the Sizzlets.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics