Username Post: Getting letter stickers to stick        (Topic#1673531)
Tenant

I'm new here and I've scrolled through and clicked a few posts, but I'm not familiar with how things work. If this tip is posted somewhere or there's a specific way to ask these questions, please let me know.

I finished a page and the letter stickers keep coming off. I put it in the album and the letters stay for a while, but when I flip through to put new pages in I eventually see these letters out of place and falling off the page. I love the way they look and don't want to replace them with something else. Ideas?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to inchworm70

I use glue sticks.
I find this being a problem more and more BTW... even with new stickers!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

I am finding that a number sticky backed items need to be "reinforced" with extra glue. Glue sticks work or liquid glue is what I like to use, any glue will do.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Sewflake

I, agree. I have to use another adhesive on stickers quite often. Depending on the size and material of the alphas, here are some things I use:

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-16-18 04:24 PM
In response to justowen

I use a bit of tacky glue on the back of each letter. You are not alone!

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to vawm

Lots of adhesives, especially glue sticks, don't really fit the 'permanent' bill. They stick for a while, then fall off. The stickers or peel and stick items really do need some adhesive reinforcement to last.

The best thing I have found to use is a bit of tacky glue made by Allene's as mentioned by Vawn. However, there is a particular type I like to use because you only need a small line of it to work and it gives you about 20 seconds to straighten out your item before it 'grabs' and 'sticks.' It's not easy to find, but its by Alene's also, and its a brand of there Tacky Glue, but its called 'Easy Flow.' I'm telling you not stickers are going to fall off when you secure it with this glue. And if your using the cardboard stickers called 'Thickers" this will work perfect. Here's a product link to it: https://www.amazon.com/Aleenes-Easy-Flow-Tac ky-Glue/dp/...

Good luck and welcome to sb.com!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics