Username Post: "thick" embellishments        (Topic#1570363)
New Kid On the Block

I've seen so many beautiful LO's that have flowers and other embellishments that appear to be quite thick, in other words the page isn't going to be flat enough to go into a sheet protector or an album for that matter without smashing the embellishments. Pls tell me what you are doing with these. I've seen some framed and some displayed on easels, but otherwise I'm unsure of how they are protected or displayed

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to stedman85

If you're storing your book correctly - standing upright - and not overfilling it, the embellishments should not flatten. Nearly all my pages are thick with lots of dimension and I don't have any problems with them They fit just fine in the page protectors as well.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

That's great info, glad to know that. Next question then, do you use ring binders or regular scrapbooking albums? Seems I'm seeing most ppl choose ring binders. I've always used the 12x12 albums.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stedman85

• stedman85 Said:
That's great info, glad to know that. Next question then, do you use ring binders or regular scrapbooking albums? Seems I'm seeing most ppl choose ring binders. I've always used the 12x12 albums.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.

I use 12x12 D-Ring scrapbook albums.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use the 3 ring albums

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
If you're storing your book correctly - standing upright - and not overfilling it, the embellishments should not flatten. Nearly all my pages are thick with lots of dimension and I don't have any problems with them They fit just fine in the page protectors as well.

What she said!!

And I use post bound albums.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stedman85

Back about 22 years ago, I did a scrapbook layout using silk azaleas and dogwoods. That was long before they had flowers for scrapbooking. These are not in page protectors, but the book has been stored standing upright, like a book in the library. When I open the book to the page, they bounce back to their original shape every time. No sheet protectors in that book.

Over the years I have also used a lot of what we used to call "lumpy stuff" in my books, and they only thing I am careful about is not to put them directly across from photos that could be dented or scratched by the opposing embellishment on each side of the page.

I try not to go thicker than 1/4 to 1/3 inch and no sharp edges. If I have a brad that I use, I often tape a piece of cardstock to the back just to be sure.

You can also cut the page protector and let the embellishment peek out from the protector. But standing the books on end takes care of most of the problem.

If you do a lot of these thick pages, you need to have a book with a spine that is expandable unless you are using a 3 ring book.

Diana at www.scrapbook-advice.com

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics