Username Post: Problems With Digital Stamps        (Topic#1565657)
kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate

I have seen a lot of people who do what is called digi-stamps. I too have tried this but have been quite unsuccessful with the process. The two printers that I have in my house are both ink jet printers, and when I print my designs and color them, I find I am ending up with a great deal of streaking and smearing.

After I print my designs, I generally color with Prisma Watercolor Pencils or Stampin’ Up Watercolor Crayons. I then blend using my Stampin’ up blending pens.

Does anyone have any remedy for this other than buying a new laser printer? I have many digi-stamps I would like to use, but they look terrible with the smears, smudges, and streaks.

I am open to ideas, please share.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kimberly.pate

You can try heat embossing with clear powder. Or you can try to heat set with a heat tool.

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks for your response, however, I do not know how I could heat emoboss something I have printed off with my ink jet printer.

This morning, I tried to iron my design once I printed it and I still had problems with it smearing and smudging.

I am getting so agravated with this which is why I reach out to other scrappers and card makers to see what help they might have to offer.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

I heat emboss using my ink jet printer. I just pour the powder over the image immediately after it is printed and heat set it. The ink acts like stamp ink, but it does dry a bit faster than most inks used for heat embossing - hence the need to work quickly.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

try upping up the ink saturation to get more ink on the paper to buy some work time with the powder.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Seaexplore

I had much better luck with my digi stamps if I let them sit over night before coloring,,,,,

the other option (if I want to color them faster than that) is to dry them really really well with a heat gun,,,,,,,I heat with the heat gun going around and around the stamp for about 3 full minutes and that really helps.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to CommaHolly

i'm pretty new to digi stamps but i tend to print a bunch off and then leave them overnight sometimes longer and havent had a problem i use prisma and gamsol most of the time when coloring my images in. hth

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate

Thanks for your response, I will try this in the morning.

Kimberly

Edited by kimberly.pate on 10-18-11 06:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate

I have done both, let them set over night and dried them with my heat gun. I have even turned them upside down and run my iron (turned on high) over them for a few minutes.

I have a couple setting on my table that I am letting set over night, I have already dried them with my iron. We will see what happens.

Thanks for your response,
Kimberly

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate
In response to Briannasmom

Thanks for your response. I have some gamsol and thought I would try it in the morning with some that I have printed out. I will sure post updates on my progress.

Kimberly

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

good luck i hope it solves your problem!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Briannasmom

let us know how it goes! Is the stamp p articularly heavy on ink? I know I have one stamp that is so heavy on ink it just has to sit for DAYS. It's a pain!

New Kid On the Block

I print all my digi images with ink jet printer onto 200 gms super smooth coated card from Rymans. I get perfect results every time - I colour with promarkers. Usually I print the images out and leave overnight as well.
best of luck
sharen

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to craft dragon

Another thing is to print them on draft instead of regular it uses less ink. Also if you are using good quality paper with a high cotton index. The ink will soak in better. I color all of mine with copics and have no problem but I print them on an HP on draft and let them set at least over night.

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate
In response to Sneezy1956

W W thanks for all of the great assistance. I was not able to try any of these things today, my teaching pretty much ruled the roost today. I am hoping to have time tomorrow to work in more of my digital stamps.

I will sure let you all know how it goes when I get it done.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Kimberly how did it go? I just posted a card that was ditial and you can see I had no problem I printed on draft onto my cryogen paper and no bleeding.

kimberly.pate
Veteran
kimberly.pate
In response to Sneezy1956

hello Ladies,

I have added my digi-stamp card to my gallery. I am pleased with what I am learning yet, I know I have a long way to go still. I still want to experiment with different papers and different techniques to make this work better for me. I hate to really hate to think how many witches I printed and started to color only to find it had smeared somethere and I had to start again. It is all a part of the bigger plan I suppose and one I openly embrace.

I want to thank all of you for your great advice and your wonderful help.

Kimberly

Take a look at my witch in my gallery and let me know what you think.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Kimberly it turned out very cute! Like I said if I print the night before and print in draft I never have any trouble

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics