I have recently been sent a pm that the above post is one that makes NEWBIEs feel bad, this wasn't my intent, but we all know that we have had NEWBIEs and SEASONED swappers burn us, as stated above if you have someone to vouch for you or you post your work in your gallery then this is irrevelant to you and you shouldn't take it personally. Now if you do take it personally then you don't know me that well. Everyone here that knows me, knows that I am a loving, sensitive person and love my FRIENDS here. I was once a newbie here and posted my stuff before I mailed it so the hostess knew that my stuff was good for a beginner or newbie in the swaps. Sorry for offending anyone unintentionally.
April to July Round of Card Makin Mama's swap:
I am doing the Card Making Mama swap again, but this time if will be different. We will have a 12 ladies sign up(or less, but not more then that), but I think we will make cards for each person, send them to me and I will swap them out like a regular swap. That way if you don't send yours in, you don't get any and no one is shorted. Because those that don't send, the maker gets the set back as EXTRA.
Does this sound fair to you ladies that stayed throughout the swap? I will do it several times this year, we can have the same ladies rejoin or new ones added. I will give us like 2 and half months to work on all those cards they will be due to me JULY 31st, 2013. Its on a Wednesday. And I will swap them out within a week. Then the next round will start for another set of 10-12 or the same 10-12 ladies, they can switch the type cards they would like to receive too.
So here is the break down of it: April-July
1. 12 ladies I hope( do not make cards for yourself, unless you want to, but do not send them to me, if you make ones for yourself)...lol
2. make 5 cards for each of the number of ladies(don't include ones for yourself): all different and ones, the ladies will post on the thread what type of cards they would like to receive and try to make a variety for each ladies, don't give her 5 of the same types of cards.
3. Goodie bag for each of the number of the 12 ladies, $1 NIP scrapbooking items, but most ladies include several $1 items or some hand-mades as well. Just like an embellishment baggie or goodie bag.
4. You will have approx. 3 month's to make the total of 60 cards. Mail them to me, I will swap them out in a weeks time. Mail them back to you.
5. Include the same amount of postage or cash (no metered postage) plus 4 xtra stamps, and DC. We don't want our precious cards getting lost and losing all that stuff.Please mail priority and insure your cards, so if lost that the Post office has to reimburse you for the total amount that is lost to you.
6. If for any reason someone doesn't mail their stuff in to me, you ladies get back the extra set of cards. This way you get the same amount of cards back no matter what. And you get same amount of goodie bags back.
7. No one gets cheated out of cards and we get through the rounds faster too.
8. All cards should have envelopes with them. This is a card and envies swap.
9.Please on the cards have them embellished and/or techniqued at least 3-4 times.Stamped image, inked, bling and chipboard..that qualifies as 4 things...add more if you like, but not less
1.DUE DATE: NEW DUE DATE Hostess caught poison ivy, sumac or oak...doesn't want to spread the rash via cards and mail. So the DUE date is 9/2/2013 which is a Monday.
2.Please include on what types of cards you like(list at least 3-4 different ones and colors you like. All occasion can mean Celebrate, Hi, a word saying on the front of the card, phrase, any kind of word really
3.Make cards with envies!
forgot to add ladies...please please bag your cards in quartz size or sandwich size baggies, so cards do not get bent or lose the embellishments on them. Post office is not gentle with packages ladies.
Group #1 Cards and Envies with participants themes of their choosing:
1. Hostess: Teen Birthdays(male and female), Adult Birthdays(male and female), Christmas, and All Occasion cards
2.Moonpuff: My preference is Sympathy, Teen boy birthday, Adult birthday (male) and just funny/silly cards.
3. Drayia: Birthday cards - Child, teen and Adult
4. Babigirl: Birthday cards (girls and boys) Birthday cards (Men and woman) Christmas Just Because and Easter
5. TJCraftyWitch's Mom: Christmas, teen birthday(female and male, adult b-day(male and female), All Occasion
6. jwilliams74: Christmas, Fall/Thanksgiving, Female Birthday, Male birthday and Tween birthday
7.bayamonesa1: Christmas/Thanksgiving/Bi rthdays ( male or female is OK) and optional: Hi or Hello. Open to any colors, shapes, style, etc.
8. Sassy Suzi: I would like to receive:
Birthday adult Female and Male,Christmas,Get Well,
Just a Note
9.scrapwriter: hello, anything silly, Christmas, get well, happy thoughts
10.Lookin4newideas: Christmas,Teen girl/boy birthday,sympathy,funny/s illy birthday,female birthday,Thank you
11. Brightbeginnings: adult birthdays, thank you, hi or hello and thinking about you.
12. smileneyz6: get well, just because, silly/fun, birthdays (kid-generic, male, female), and note cards with pictures (no sentiments on),religious sentiments are good too
Now this is a second part on this swap, for those that don't like to make cards or want to create there own, but would like a front topper, they can sign up for this group of ladies.
1. Topper should be on cream or white card-stock if using a stamped image, you can add additional card-stock behind it and printed paper. The stamped image if you do choose to use, please either leave black and white or color it all the way. Don't leave it half colored in.
If you are using other materials for the topper and not a stamped image then think outside the box all you want, but please have it double matted for sturdiness.
2. We will have two groups of toppers. One with words only, like "Happy Birthday" or "Thank You" and the other group with words and images.
3. The Word toppers need to be bigger then 1 1/2 by 2 inches.
4. The word and image toppers should be at least 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches.
5. They need to make 4 toppers for each lady in the group. So if we have all 10 sign up, you will be making 40 toppers.
Group #2: Word Toppers
1. Hostess: Birthday, All Occasion, Christmas, Hello, Friendship
2. Toni: Toppers Ladies happy birthday, Child's birthday, thinking of you, thank you
3. TJCraftyWitch's Mom: Christmas, teen birthday(female and male, adult bday(male and female), All Occasion
4.Moonpuff: birthday, sympathy, anything silly, Just because. I love LOUD. I am a neon green type girl, so feel free to use the loud colors most people do not like LOL
Group #3: Word and Image Toppers
1. smileneyz6: I do not have a lot of stamps, though I am starting to build my collection again, so any non-holiday themes are great!! Not a fan of deep purple, but I LOVE pink. Oh, I do really like stamps that look like a 'picture' rather then just a stand along image for instance...but I will be happy with either. Religious sentiments are good too.
2. scrapwriter: hello, anything silly, Christmas, get well, happy thoughts
My mailing address is: (my last names is spelled correctly, I am not Robinson, or Robertson...LOL) Tonya Roberson
4358 Westport Road
Columbus, Ohio 43228
List of Participants:
Babigirl- having some issues..letting her drop out
TJCraftyWitch's Mom RCVD
Brightbeginnings postal: RCVD?
Sassy Suzi RCVD