Username Post: Anyone scrapping around the Ocala area        (Topic#1665633)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi - I'm in Ocala, Florida. Florida is loaded with scrapbookers from scrapbook.com but seems we are spread out in every direction.

Anyone else around Ocala? We have some great crops here and would be fun to get together with others in the area.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Checking again - trying to breathe some life to the Florida boards!

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

Thanks, Henri. I'm not close to you but still in Florida: Miami Beach.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to ELLANVANNIN

Hi Henri! It's a little ways from you, but we have a group that gets together every Sunday at the Y in Lecanto. You don't have to be a member of the Y to go, and there's no charge. We all just go and do whatever projects we are working on. Sometimes there's only a couple of us, sometimes a bunch. Let me know if you want more info.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Mary W.

Hi Ellanvahnnin - I grew up in Miami - I'm a Coral Park grad from '67.

My husband still has a sister there and we have friends so we go to Miami occasionally. We take a lot of cruises out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale too so that gets us to Miami.

We've were just there recently. Last year we were there 2 or 3 times.

50 year high school reunion is this summer - may go for that - we haven't decided. Mom's 89th birthday is the same weekend and it all depends on whether the family gets together in Alabama. With everyone's schedules, especially her working grandson's, it could happen a week early or later when everyone can get together.

Thanks for answering Mary. Where is Lecantro? I'm not familiar with it.

We are on vacation right now. We are in Hawaii but have been here for a month so getting ready to head home in a couple days I think. We have to be out of our room and turn in our car on Wednesday so my husband has started checking flights.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

Hi Henri!
If you would like to meet for a coffee next time you come to Miami just let me know. I would love meeting you.
Congrats on your son's achievement! What a role model he is.
Hugs,
Ana

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

• Henri Jean Said:

Thanks for answering Mary. Where is Lecantro? I'm not familiar with it.

Lecanto is in Citrus County about 30 miles SW of Ocala. The cropping time at the Y is from noon to 6, so it might be worth the drive. It's near Beverly Hills if you're familiar with that area.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Mary W.

Not familiar with the area but 30 miles is not far at all.

It would be worth the drive! Can I digi scrap? If not I will to get paper stuff together.

When is the next one? We are in Hawaii right now.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

Sure! You can do anything! It's every Sunday. I won't be there this week, but if you go, just tell them I told you about it. They are used to new people popping in, and the other ladies are super nice and friendly.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Mary W.

Just got home but have a friend visiting for the next two weeks. We are going to a 4 day crop at the Villages this Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun together. The following weekend I have a crop for 2 days at the Sheriffs office and then the following week I will have family visiting from Alabama.

Next month is looking pretty clear right now though.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Hi Henri! I'm in Sarasota county, but my brother moved back to Ocala last year. We were supposed to go there for Christmas, then for Spring break, but both of those fell through. We are hoping to get up there some time during the summer. Maybe we can get together for a cold drink and some photoshop.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to justLyn

Would love that Lynn! We are almost always around for the summer. We hide out from the heat and stay in. We usually travel in the fall and/or winter - even thought this is Florida, my husband doesn't like the cold!

Me will probably go to see my mom in Alabama for her 89th birthday and will most likely go to California in May and somewhere overseas after that but this summer - we should be home most of the time.

I would definitely love to learn more photoshop! But mostly I would like to meet you!

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

Just found this and wow!!! I didn't know there was so many of us in Florida. If we ever get together, I'm in.

PS LOVING FLORIDA!!! Sure beats the ice, snow and darkness of the Northern.

melodyrose64
New Kid On the Block
melodyrose64

Melody:
Just moved here. Live in Silver Springs, FL

Glittery
Veteran
Glittery

Hi there Henri!

I’m in Inverness, which is not too far away from Ocala.

I’m a card maker not a scrapper (well, not yet.... lol), I do love making cards for my family and friends. Frankly, there are times I wonder who is in charge, me or the 12x12 sheets of paper.....

I also do volunteer work for a great organization named Operation Gratitude. They support our deployed military, veterans, first responders, and family members of active military. I make appreciation/Gratitude cards for the deployed. My cards are placed in care packages that are shipped out every day.

If you’d like, please feel free to check out my profile and gallery to see if Scrappers and “Carders” can share creativity.

Take care,

Nancy {“Glittery”}

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to Glittery

Morning ladies!!

I am currently living in New York but will be moving to south Florida within the next few years. Right now we are at the beginning stages of looking for a home. I keep leaning towards Boca because I love it so much!!! My parents just retired to Naples.

I am looking for crops and scrapbook stores, here in NY we don't have many stores Just the usual Michaels, A.C. Moore, Joann and Hobby Lobby and their inventory is getting quite low and nothing new comes in. I come down once a month so if there are any events going on or sites that anyone can let me know of to find out that would be great!!!

Have a great day!!!

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 05-06-18 09:12 AM
In response to alana610

I’m in Pasco County, north of Tampa. I’d love to find some crops within a reasonable driving distance. I do both traditional and digital.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tchk

Sorry - haven't checked this in a while! Melody - I am 15 or 20 minutes from Silver Spring. PM contact information and I'll get back with you. I'm out of the country on a nice vacation now but should get home late May, possibly a little later but I'm getting itchy to get home.

Glittery - every crop I go to has both card makers and people who do scrapbook pages. Works great - we definitely get along great! pm me - will be able to answer while overseas but can't get together with anyone until we get home.

tchki - I do both traditional and digital. I'm in Copenhagen right now but pm me info and will try to get in touch when we get back later this month.

_Pamela_
Resident
_Pamela_

This looks like a pretty old thread but I'm not far from Ocala.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to _Pamela_

Where are you Pamela? I'm near Paddock Mall.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics