Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Circle Journal Swap- active/full        (Topic#972856)
anghuet
Guru
anghuet

In this swap, you will decide on a topic for a 8x8 or smaller scrapbook. You will make a title page, a rules page, a sign in page, and the first 2 page layout.

Your book will then be sent to the next person in the rotation, and they will do the next 2 page layout.

I will take sign-ups until April 15th or until we have 10 people signed up, with the first mailing due April 30th.

Participants:
1. anghuet
2. BJscrapsalot
3. pixerframer
4. dkctsmith
5. Beckster
6. atvscrapper
7. cassityparker
8. Sonnya

10. fribbit

= have addy
= first book mailed

For example: My album is Allison's ABC Book.

Page 1- Title
Page 2- Rules: you may only use pastel colors. The item you are doing must be a girl thing. And you must make the letter you are doing stand out somehow.
page 3- Sign In
page 4- A= Allison
page 5- B=Barrette

Then I mailed it on to the next person, and she did letters C & D, and so on and so on.

PLease PM me your name and address along with your screen name when you sign up.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to anghuet

Oh Ang.. I have been wanting to do something like this. I would LOVE to join. What a great idea.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to BJscrapsalot

I would normally love to do this and hope another one comes around in a year or so. I have a daughter graduating and going off to college as well as moving from one continent to another all in the next four months so would find it difficult to do right now. I will definitely check in to see how you guys go.

Happy circling.

Bren

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to scrapwriter

bump

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

b u m p

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

please join us

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer
In response to anghuet

i would love to join

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to pixerframer

I would like to join this- this seems cool, So would I buy a album and make those pages and then you will tell us who to send it to and eventually It will come back around to me with 20 pages finished! right! This is so cool!!

Kay

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to dkctsmith

in theory, yes... it deoends on how many people we get to sign up.

I will add you 2 to the list.

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to anghuet

btt

Beckster_33491
Veteran
Beckster_33491
In response to dkctsmith

I would like to join.
I just bought a new memory book and was wondering what to put in it!

kpuls1 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Beckster

ok, I will add you when I get home and on my account. This is my moms account

TXScrapper
Diva
TXScrapper
In response to kpuls1

I really want to join this one, but I have a baby due May 17th. How close will the mailing dates be between each time we switch?

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to TXScrapper

I was thinking 3 weeks, but we can make an exception during your maternity leave if needed and agreed upon by all involved in this swap.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

I posted this on another board, asking for more people to join. Hopefully it helps.

Edith 
New Kid On the Block
  • Edith on 04-06-05 12:36 PM
In response to anghuet

Is there room still?

Edith

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to Edith

as of right now, there is still room, would you like me to add you?

TXScrapper
Diva
TXScrapper
In response to anghuet

I will check tonight to see if I can find an 8 x 8 or 6 x 6 book while I'm in town. I'll let you know. Three weeks between mail outs would be plenty of time.

TXScrapper
Diva
TXScrapper

HL didn't have any smaller scrapbooks that I like. My favorite LSS has closed and our other doesn't have much, so it looks like I'm going to hvae to pass on this one.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

bumpity bump bump

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to anghuet

checking in, is this still a go?

cassityparker
Resident
cassityparker
In response to dkctsmith

I would like to join if there is room.
Rosa

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to cassityparker

yes, this is still a go

Rosa, I will add you now.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

could everyone please PM me you address so I may get the mailing rotation ready?

Sonnya
Sonnya 
Expert
Sonnya
In response to anghuet

I would like to join...this is a first for me...but, it sounds fun!

I will pm you my address. Thanks!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Sonnya

hey Ang... just checking to see if the first mailing date is still going to be April 30th since you are still taking signups. I need to get to work on mine!

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

Hey! I will join also! The only problem is I need to know who will send to me also. For when I leave I can let her know the new address. Thanks!
My Book is a 7x7 and going to be themed "what I love about being a mommy!

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

Quote:

BJscrapsalot said:
hey Ang... just checking to see if the first mailing date is still going to be April 30th since you are still taking signups. I need to get to work on mine!

today is the last day to sign up, and we have 1 spot left. If it doesn't fill, that is fine.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to anghuet

How exciting! I cant wait! My book will be ready by the 30th! Also 1 thing...Is there going to be rules on the journals? Like say they have to be shipped a certain way? Because I want my journal shipped priority with confimation at all times PLEASE. That way I can keep track of. Thanks!

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to MomOf2Divas

ok ok.. i been looking at this for awhile.. and it seems like it would be fun... sooo could I bee the last person???????
and can anyone give me other ideas that they are doing for the pages?? trying to rak my brain...

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to fribbit

ok fribbit, you can be the last person.

As soon as I have all of the addresses, I will post the mailing schedule, and rotation.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

remember that in you rules page, if you have any special requests, such as only using certain colors.....
you MUST put them in there, or the next person will assume they have free reign over their set of pages.

I agree on the postage, you must use priority with confirmation when sending you CJ on.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to anghuet

YaY! Cant wait!

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

ok let me see if i get this..
say i do one for all about me..
1. the younger years... yellow,sage,floral
2. on the move.. rusts,oranges, stripes
3. the teen years... black,grey, retro looking..
etc.. we do 2 pages each.. so does the first person do one for 1. and one for #2.. or do they do 2 for #1???

and we dont have to include that we want embellishments, cause we are suppose to use emblellishments anyhow??? right???

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to fribbit

wow I have no clue what you are talking about fribbit or I'd attempt to help.
Usually most journals go by sign in page, then intro duction/rules, then they start the Journal with their 2 og L.O and then each person does a 2 pg l.o based on your topic. Hope that was some sort of help.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

ok, lets say that I am doing an all about me book.

The first 2 page layout woukld be about me, the second 2 page layout would be about the next person...and so on

Remember that the CJ's are a group collaberation, and everyone has their own talents and ways of doing pages.

My album is called "In the Money"

What would you do if you won a million dollars?

Each person will do a layout according to what they would do. Journalling and all. Even pictures from them.

Is this starting to make more sense yet?

Ask more questions if needed.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to anghuet

Awsome! I will have fun on your book angelica!!!!

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to fribbit

Quote:

fribbit said:

and we dont have to include that we want embellishments, cause we are suppose to use emblellishments anyhow??? right???

If you want embellishments on your pages, put it in your rules page. Otherwise I cannot guarantee that there will be some on there.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer
In response to anghuet

i'm still in

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

mine book is a 7x7 themed nascar memories

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

OMG! I completely know nothing about nascar! HaHa. This oughta be fun. I have never even B stuff.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

ladies do not freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not picky, i like everything. i'm not like that!!!!!!!!!! i thought it would be a nice challenge. my favorite driver is elliott sadler #38 who drives the m&m car pm me and i will send you a picture

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

ok let me see... If i am getting this right.. If i do a book about me.. it will not be just about me, it will be about all of us??? if pixeframer does one on nascar memories, then when it gets to me.. i will do a 2 page layout with MY... nascar memories??? So if your album is in the money, i would do a 2 page layout on what I would do with a millon dollars?? is this correct??? do we include pictures or not?? or do we just leave a space for them??? i am just trying to get everything straight, so I dont mess it up.. See i thought it was a book, that you passed around and they made 2 pages of what your theme was, but the pages were for your use for your book...

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to fribbit

that is what I was thinking too fribbit from the example on the first post. Im gonna have to rethink what I was going to do.

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

could we do it this way also???

a book, that you passed around and they make 2 pages of what your theme was, but the pages were for your use in your book???

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to fribbit

Quote:

fribbit said:
ok let me see... If i am getting this right.. If i do a book about me.. it will not be just about me, it will be about all of us??? if pixeframer does one on nascar memories, then when it gets to me.. i will do a 2 page layout with MY... nascar memories??? So if your album is in the money, i would do a 2 page layout on what I would do with a millon dollars?? is this correct??? do we include pictures or not?? or do we just leave a space for them??? i am just trying to get everything straight, so I dont mess it up.. See i thought it was a book, that you passed around and they made 2 pages of what your theme was, but the pages were for your use for your book...

Its their Choice if they want pictures in their vook or not. Like in my Book I put 2 pictures in my L.O but I do not want anyone else pics in my book. Or any room left so I can add pics. I just want you to fill them up with embellsihments and write on what you "love about being a Mommy"
Hope you get it?

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

A circle journal is a Book that You pick a theme for and each person does a 2 page L.O based on that theme. Then you do a 2 pf L.O in the others books based on the themes they chose when their albums get to you. Are you understanding?????

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

ladies.... i think, i hope this is the way it goes.

your book is based only on you and your theme. all i want in my book is the page set up in the nascar theme. when i get my book back i can then put my pictures of nascar races i went to and journal the pages.

each book is yours!!! the rest of us are just helping you do page setups. the book is a collementation of everyones different ideas for your theme.

so if your theme is your daughter. we will do general page set ups about girls. when you get your book back you will go through the pages and add your pictures and or journal about your daughter.

i hope this is right. i don't want a book about what you would do at the races. i thought it was how i described it. it's helping everyone complete their books, set by their rules.

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

pixieframer.. I hope the way you described it is correct.. cause that is what i thought at first..

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to fribbit

Thats your choice in your own journal weater or not you want people to put Pics or leave room for Pics. But you must specify. Myself I want NO pictures in my book or any room left for pics when you make my pages. I want my book FULL of embellsihments. Everything else Pixie said sounded about right but that part.

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith

checking in, when will we get the mailing list? Will we all mail on the same days each time?

Kay

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to dkctsmith

yes update would be awsome.Its getting close to the Mail date!

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

I am waiting for Becksters addy so I can figure out the mailing order. I have most of it figured out, I just want to get them going from one side of the country to another, not back and forth accross the country.

I have been reading all the posts, and it sounds like you all pretty much have a good grip on things.

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

Here are the mailing dates for the circle journal swap:

1st book due April 30th

2nd book due May 21st

3rd book due June 11th

4th book due July 2nd

5th book due July 23rd

6th book due August 13th

7th book due September 3rd

8th book due September 24th

9th book due October 15th

last book due November 5th

Please let me know when you mail your books out so I can post on the main thread.

When mailing, please use Priority mail with confirmation.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to anghuet

Awsome!

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

Hey I just wanna add that I am moving to Germany soon! So whoever send to me will have to send to my apo and it taked 7-8 days for me to get things from here Priority and 14 reg mail.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

how soon? you? we have your ohio address. you are due to receive in october and send to me?

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

i'm so excited i can"t wait. i have so many ideas in my head and i don't know what the albums are going to be yet. i love this sort of thing..

good luck everyone
have fun!!!!!!!!!

mine is set and ready to go will be postal tomorrow

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

are we suppose to mail these out now or by april 30th???
I just ordered my album from creative memories.. it should be here by monday..

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to fribbit

mail by the 30th.. Pixerframer, I will let you know when I get it.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas
In response to fribbit

I HAVE NOT LEFT YET! thats why you have my OHIO address. I will let you knowas soon as I know myself when we are moving. It should be sometime in June. Not totally sure yet. Just waiting for the Military and our passports. Don't panic there pixerframer.

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

Thats what my album is the silver 7x7 album.

Sonnya
Sonnya 
Expert
Sonnya

Ok, I have a question
You said that:
First page... Title
2nd page: rules
3rd page: sign in

do we add paper..or do we use the pages in the scrap book we are sending... Becuase I don't know if I want the rules in my scrapbook??.... (circle Journal swap newbie.)

thanks for your help!

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer
In response to anghuet

POSTAL YESTERDAY
APRIL 22

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

dkctsmith, send to pixerframer. momof2divas has decided not to participate.

Pixerframer... do you have any pictures of Matt Kenseth? I just got the coolest embellishment, that would go great on a page.

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to anghuet

checking in

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to fribbit

your first book should be postal tomorrow. Everyone should have the next book by Tuesday

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to anghuet

pixerframer mine is postal to you today!

let me know you got it!!

Kay

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to dkctsmith

uhhh, mine will be postal tommorrow.. sending priority.. Sorry,, but the CM lady just got her stuff and gave me my album alittle bit ago.. She said she didnt order when she was suppose too.. (lucky me).. just letting you know..

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to fribbit

love my book!!!!! I had fun making the pages last nite... and writing a note.. my is postal as soon as i get off here!!!! thanks..

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to fribbit

has everyone checked in???? i notice on my list that there was some people that didnt have a addy??? so do we have all but momof2divas???

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to fribbit

I passed it on to the person who sends it to her. I will get mine out to you tomorrow. I had to get my printer working AGAIN!!!!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to anghuet

Hi there... I finally decided on a fun idea for my book. And, I should have it postal today and if not then definitely tomorrow. I did PM Kaye with my idea so she could start working on her pages for it if she wanted.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer

RECEIVED KAYS BOOK TODAY WILL GET IT OUT BY MONDAY. I SEND IT TO ANGIE RIGHT? THEBOOK IS VERY CUTE.

MELODY\

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

I am postal to Kay... went priority, delivery conf # 03041560000694386791

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

yeahh... cant wait to get mine to make for....

cassityparker
Resident
cassityparker
In response to fribbit

I rec'd Becky's today. Has anyone rec'd mine??

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith

when i get bjs book- i make two pages right? just checking!

Kay

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to dkctsmith

you can fill the whole book if you like Kay

but, yeah.. you will do 2

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

I wonder if atvscrapper got mine yet??? cause i have to send the page protectors for it, that I just got from the CM lady..

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

Quote:

cassityparker said:
I rec'd Becky's today. Has anyone rec'd mine??

Looks like you were to be sending to me Rosa but I have not received it yet. When did you send??

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith

Quote:

BJscrapsalot said:
you can fill the whole book if you like Kay

but, yeah.. you will do 2

Well, bj i would, but i don't want to be selfish so i will just do 2!!

fribbit
Expert
fribbit
In response to dkctsmith

havent got my persons yet... wondering if mine was recieved???? this is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. funn.... sorry got carried away..

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to anghuet

sorry, I just got the last of the pictures. I will have it in the mail tomorrow. I will find out if Norella has received yours yet and let you know.

Sonnya
Sonnya 
Expert
Sonnya
In response to anghuet

checking in..have not received mine yet...and mine was mailed the middle of this last week.

Let me know when you get it.

Thanks...looking forward to this!!
fun! Fun!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Sonnya

woo hoo... delivery confirmation says mine was delivered today but I still havent received Rosas

anghuet
Guru
anghuet

please check in and let us know how you are doing... I sent mine to Fribbit, and I have to do photo mats and add 1 more embellishment to pixerframers, then it can be on its way.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer
In response to anghuet

ordered some stuff for kay's book. hoping to receive stuff today will let you know when sent out.
melody

fribbit
Expert
fribbit

checking in... i will let you know when i get your book.. has atvscraper got mine yet??? wondering if i should send her my page protectors?? or if she is almost done maybe i should send it to the next person she sends it to????

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to fribbit

bj sorry i didn't post that i got you book ....

I got your book!!!

Boy am I a little nervous- your pages are GREAT!! I hope I can live up to it!!

It will be postal very soon to the next in line
\
by the way how long to we have to work on these before sending them on or do we wait for someone to tell us to???!!!

Kay

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to dkctsmith

glad to hear it arrived Kay, Im sure your work will be great! Can't wait till it comes back to see what everyone added.

pixerframer
Idol
pixerframer
In response to dkctsmith

posted kay's pages in my gallery. care to see

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

I still have not received a book. Are we still to be sending these out by the 21st?? I hope it gets here soon. Did you put a delivery confirmation on it like ang had said so we could track it???

cassityparker
Resident
cassityparker

Quote:

BJscrapsalot said:
I still have not received a book. Are we still to be sending these out by the 21st?? I hope it gets here soon. Did you put a delivery confirmation on it like ang had said so we could track it???

I have no clue what happened to my book!!!! Instead of waiting on our dear USPS to find this one, I will do a rush job on another one and send it to you tomorrow. I will pm you with tracking numbers and such. I am so sorry to delay you. I have a hard time navigating this site, its a bit --um, shall I say busy?!!

Oh yeah, I'll be sending Becky's too. Hope they get there safely!!!. Send me your email and I will email you a copy of welcome/instructions page and you can go ahead and be working on it!! Maybe that will help you not feel so rushed.

cassityparker
Resident
cassityparker

Becky, I posted a lo of your pages I finished. Its called "Living Things". Hope its okay.....

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

Those look so pretty Rosa!

I wasnt worried about being rushed, was just worried that your book had gone MIA . If you want to send me your specifics I will get your pages ready awhile so once it arrives I can get it right off to the next person. email is: [email protected]

cassityparker
Resident
cassityparker

I'll try to do this tonight. It may be in the morning, if I get done putting it together too late. I had another CJ that was about to start up, so I'll just finish it and send that one and then deal with the USPS.

My ds#2 is upset with me for sending your journal on. He wanted to frame those pages to put in his room. Little does he know, I have the pictures on the computer and bought more paper at the LSS so I can do their ZOO layout in them. I think he will be pleased.

New Kid On the Block
In response to anghuet

Sonnya

I finally shipped my CJ today along with Michelle Blackwill's. I sent them priority and this is the tracking number for the USPS 0301012000775705420

Sorry I was suh a slacker, I promise to be on top of them all from now on!

Norella aka atvscrapper

[email protected]

New Kid On the Block
In response to atvscrapper

Michelle

I owe you and everyone else on this swap a major apoligize. I am sorry that I didn't let anyone know what was going on with me. I had computer problems due to lightening and just barely got back on line. I had not realized that I should be letting my status know. I promise to do beter!

Sorry to all!

Norella

anghuet
Guru
anghuet
In response to atvscrapper

Norella... Glad to see you finally made it to the board

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics