Username Post: Kansas Scrappers        (Topic#1099474)
New Kid On the Block

Any from Kansas at this board? I would love to meet you.

Danielle H
Governor
Danielle H
In response to mickeyme

I am in Olathe!

Momof9
Momof9 
Tenant
Momof9
In response to Danielle H

I live way down by the Kansas/Oklahoma Border.

I was beginning to get worried that no one was from Kansas.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mickeyme

Hi Kansans! I wanted to let you all know about a fun and exciting crop coming up in Lawrence, KS on July 23rd. It is a 15 hour crop(!) at the Lawrence Holidome just off I-70. There will be several vendors there including at least two local stores and several independent consultants. There is room for 120 croppers! The cost is $25 if you register before 7/9 and $30 after that date. There are lots of great prizes and goodie bags. We are even giving away a sizzix sidekick and sizzlets alphabet! If you would like more info or a registration form you can respond to this post, email me directly or contact [email protected] We would love to have you join us!

New Kid On the Block
In response to vclaassen

hello, I am in olathe as well!

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to scrapbook4fun

OK I wondered where the Kansas thread was.
I'm in Topeka! The capital of the state where we have only ONE LSS.

Danielle H
Governor
Danielle H
In response to D3inKs

Any other Kansans on here?????

New Kid On the Block

I am from Kansas too, Topeka actually. I have a confession though...I am not a regular and I am taking advantage of this forum to spread the word about the crops I help promote!! Hope that's ok
I am part of Diva Designs and we have a 15 hour cropping and shopping event planned for January 14th in Topeka. We have a website that gives all the details and allows for online registration. You can go to divadesignscrops.com for more information. Of course that is www. in front but that makes a link which isn't allowed and I don't want to break the rules Thanks for reading and hopefully checking things out. We really have a fun crop and offer great prizes.

craftymom05
Veteran
craftymom05
In response to jsquared

I actually live in Colorado now, but my whole family lives in Kansas, and that's where "home" is. My dad lives in the Derby/Mulvane area, I have an aunt in Belle Plaine, and tons more in Wichita and Augusta.

We try to get back there every year or so, but it jsut got crazy this time! Boy I sure do miss it there!!!

Vicky Kelly
Idol
Vicky Kelly
In response to D3inKs

Hi! I am from Auburn near Topeka!! Yay guess there's at least a handful of us!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Vicky Kelly

If you're in Kansas, you won't want to miss the Treasure Keepers Event Crop at Hotel at OldTown in Wichita KS, March 10-12, 2006.

Check out the website:
Treasure Keepers Website

craftymom05
Veteran
craftymom05
In response to treasurekeeper

Do you know when the deadline for signing up is? I am in the final interview processes for a job I have been pursuing for MONTHS and won't know for awhile yet if i'd be able to go or not.

kickapoogirl
New Kid On the Block
kickapoogirl
In response to craftymom05

I'm originally from the northeast corner, in Hiawatha. Does that count??

mckmomma
Tenant
mckmomma
In response to kickapoogirl

How cool that there are a few Kansans in here..I am from about an hour south of Topeka....Even thou I have to tell you that I love it when I get the chance to go to the one LSS that I know of up in Topeka.

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 02-25-06 12:02 PM
In response to mckmomma

I am new here.I am from Wichita the Crop at the Hotel in Old Town sounds interesting!

Vicky Kelly
Idol
Vicky Kelly
In response to mckmomma

yep I think I know which LSS in Topeka you are referring to lol it's my new 2nd home rofl!

All_My_Boys
Tenant
All_My_Boys

I live in Emporia and go to Topeka all the time. That's where DH's family lives. :-)

Danielle H
Governor
Danielle H
In response to All_My_Boys

Hi all! Just wanted to let you all know about a HUGE crop event at The Scrapbook Page in Kansas City (Shawnee). I would love to go and meet some sb.comers! It is the weekend of National Scrapbook Day - May 4-6. PLEASE pm me if you are interested!

His_girl
Tenant
His_girl

Anyone going to the CK convention in Kansas city this weekend?

evansmom825
Diva
evansmom825
In response to His_girl

I am now!!! lol just found out about it! yay!!!

His_girl
Tenant
His_girl
In response to evansmom825

I think I want to go but can ot get motivated to do it!!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 03-26-06 09:02 AM
In response to His_girl

• His_girl Said:
Anyone going to the CK convention in Kansas city this weekend?

I was there, it was awesome! Took a class with Lisa, check out my gallery for photo!
Bought lots of goodies can't wait to try them all!!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 03-26-06 09:04 AM

• daniholsapple Said:
Hi all! Just wanted to let you all know about a HUGE crop event at The Scrapbook Page in Kansas City (Shawnee). I would love to go and meet some sb.comers! It is the weekend of National Scrapbook Day - May 4-6. PLEASE pm me if you are interested!

I would love to go but spent too much $ this weekend. I need to save $ for my trip to California!

New Kid On the Block
In response to annak

Hi! Have been a member for a while, just never post much.
I live in Salina, have a nice little store here.
And there is a fun crop May 5&6, 2006 complete with manicures, pedicures, & massages plus goodie bags and door prizes for everyone - if anyone is interested just let me know.
kristi

ablueidgirl
Tenant
ablueidgirl
In response to midkan4

Hi everyone! All though I'm living in NC my hometown is Louisburg KS., about 30 min. south of Olathe. I've lived there for like 21 years of my life, my dh was from MO. just across the state line. He is in the Army, so I have to make home where ever we are sent but Kansas will always be my homestate. My brother his family and my mom are still there.

Go Jayhawks!!

Vicky Kelly
Idol
Vicky Kelly
In response to ablueidgirl

I'm still here, thought I'd check in with you Kansas folks

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 04-28-06 05:06 PM

It has rained here in Wichita all day!!
The week began with hail and ended with rain.

scrappincoyote
Resident
scrappincoyote
In response to annak

Hi ladies (and guys... you're out there, I'm sure). I'll be moving to Leavenworth, KS in June and I'm so excited about it! It'll be a change of scenery as we live by the Gulf right now. We're trading hurricanes for tornadoes.

Since Leavenworth is on the border with Missouri I'll pop in there and say hello as well. Will check in now and then for possibilities like what Midkan4 posted about... scrapbooking and pedicures? Why the heck not? Sounds like fun!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 05-08-06 05:09 PM
In response to scrappincoyote

Hope your journey to KS will be a safe and Happy one!

Vicky Kelly
Idol
Vicky Kelly
In response to jsquared

I know Diva Designs is doing another big all night crop on July 21, 22nd. I will be there on the 22nd & am very excited! It will be my first crop ever!
PM me if you want more details

Vicky Kelly
Idol
Vicky Kelly

Danielle, how was your crop?

ksu93alum
New Kid On the Block
ksu93alum

Hi all Kansas scrappers! I live in Shawnee and it's good to see there are other scrappers in the area. I am also going to the Diva Designs crop on the 22nd. I've done their crops before and it's so much fun.

Jmedawn
Guru
Jmedawn
In response to ksu93alum

Hi, I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in on your thread to make a request. My dd and I are doing a project with postcards and I have been asking anyone who would be willing to mail my dd a postcard. There is more personal info if you use the link in my signature. I find that people at this site are so nice. Please pm if you are interested. Thanks so much either way and again, sorry to "butt" in on your thread.
Jaimie

New Kid On the Block
In response to mickeyme

I am in Overland Park, KS!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 08-23-06 05:25 AM
In response to scrappinamanda

welcome!!!

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to annak

Bringing this thread up to the top for awhile....Any Ks's Scrappers want to say HI!!!

I am in Wichita. Any news on upcoming crops around the state????

Treasure Keepers has stopped having theirs, and they were great.

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 11-12-06 04:35 PM
In response to tpotsherry

One Page at a Time in Derby KS is having a crop on Dec 1st for the Angel Tree. You have to take an unwrapped gift.

tpotsherry
Idol
tpotsherry
In response to annak

Cool....is there a charge and the gift to go? What are the times??? hey thanks!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 11-19-06 07:10 AM
In response to tpotsherry

There is no charge you just bring an unwrapped gift. It is from 6 to midnight.

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 11-19-06 07:12 AM
In response to annak

Scrap FunAttic is Andover is also hosting a crop in Park City in February. Details are on their website.

Scrappin in 07
Expert
Scrappin in 07
In response to annak

HEllo fellow kansas scrappers I am in Spring Hill, KS not far from Olathe, would love to meet new people and learn about new events.

Scrappin in 07
Expert
Scrappin in 07
In response to annak

Hello all

Edited by Niecey on 02-26-07 09:11 PM. Reason for edit: posted twice

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 02-27-07 07:18 AM
In response to Scrappin in 07

Hello! I am in Wichita. There was just a 3 day crop here. Looks like there will be another one in August. It is ran by one of our lss. I was not able to go but heard it was fun.

Is anyone here planning on going to CKC Kansas City?

Edited by annak on 02-27-07 07:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dottecom
Tenant
dottecom
In response to annak

Just checking in here in KCK

gloria72777
Resident
gloria72777
In response to evansmom825

I am wanting to host this event to meet new people in my area!!! I moved to perry a few months ago and I can't seem to meet any scrapbookers. I would love to get together at least once a month to have a crop!! I would love to welcome you to join me.

Meet other local Scrapbookers for conversation, inspiration and fun! Come to a Scrapbookers Meetup to swap techniques for preserving your treasured moments, share keepsakes, trade tips on page layouts and embossing! Even discover new ways to scrap! Please click on the link below to check it out!

http://scrapbook.meetup.com/1497/

Edited by gloria72777 on 03-21-07 07:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Michelle42141
Veteran
Michelle42141
In response to gloria72777

My grandmother and aunt & uncle live between Hays & Dodge City in Western KS.

Can anyone point me to a good LSS? I'll be there during 4th of July week this year. I'll also be in KC that week - good ole Oceans of Fun & Worlds of Fun.

While I am not a Wildcat, my parents are!!

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to Michelle42141

In Spring Hill also!!! Hi Niecey!!!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 03-28-07 04:59 PM
In response to Kendra1977

Hold tight everyone!! Tornado Watches are here!

ScrapperReba
Veteran
ScrapperReba
In response to annak

I'm here in Lawrence, Kansas.

I work in Eudora part time, and they have a SS there but it's closing now! So sad! I'm not aware of any other LSS in the area... does anyone know?

New Kid On the Block
In response to ScrapperReba

I'm in Manhattan. And after reading some of these posts, I feel so blessed. We have 2 lss (ha, I'm brand new, so I just know figured out what that abbreviation means).

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 04-08-07 08:35 AM
In response to bethksu

Welcome scapperReba and bethksu. I love going to Lawrence, I like to go to the British shop!

kssonrisa
Resident
kssonrisa
In response to bethksu

• bethksu Said:
I'm in Manhattan. And after reading some of these posts, I feel so blessed. We have 2 lss (ha, I'm brand new, so I just know figured out what that abbreviation means).

Hello fellow Manhattanite! It's nice to see someone local on here. I think you'll like it here!

Melinda

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 04-22-07 08:18 AM
In response to kssonrisa

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to annak

Good Evening Ladies.

Hope everyone made it through the last couple of weeks with all the tornados and flooding rains.

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 05-09-07 04:24 PM
In response to Kendra1977

Hope everyone is safe, with their families.
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the tornadoes and flooding.

crafty90
Expert
crafty90
In response to bethksu

I live in Smith Center. But Downs Ks has a great scrap store at Corner drug you wouldnt believe their clearence prices!!!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 05-19-07 11:21 AM
In response to crafty90

Where is Downs?
If it is far I can't afford to buy scrap stuff due to the gas prices!

crafty90
Expert
crafty90
In response to annak

West of beloit ks

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 05-29-07 05:22 PM
In response to crafty90

Seymoore
Expert
Seymoore
In response to annak

Hello everyone! I'm in Overland Park, Kansas. Just found this forum today. Have a good weekend everyone!

SUPERBETTY™©
Idol
SUPERBETTY™©
In response to Seymoore

Hi!! I am in kansas city mo but I practically live in overland park kansas because Archivers, Hobby lobby, Michaels and Jo Anns are within blocks of each other and I live next to 71 South, so they are actually closer to me. Has anyone been to any of the crops in these stores?

craftymom05
Veteran
craftymom05
In response to Seymoore

Hey everyone! I miss Kansas! My family lives in the Wichita area so I drive home as much as I can I live in Colorado Springs CO now, but it's still only a few hours away!

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know, if you are interested in the drive out, that I'm hosting a weekend scrap retreat in October.

You can check out my website www.craftyscrappers.com/retreats.htm for more info.

MomtoMattKatelynn
Expert
MomtoMattKatelynn

Shelley~ All my family lives in Wichita too! I was just home for Mother's Day weekend! Would love to go to your retreat but can't this year since we just moved Plan on going to the Springs next year since my BFF lives there!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 07-04-07 07:00 AM
In response to MomtoMattKatelynn

I am in Wichita!

craftymom05
Veteran
craftymom05
In response to annak

I was actually just back home there too the first week of June for my dad's wedding. MAN, there was alot of water!!! LOL rain rain go away, LOL!

Anna, what part of Wichita? My dad lives in Derby/Mulvane, I have an aunt in Belle Plaine, uncle in Augusta, uncle in Andover, and aunts and uncles all over Wichita.

I'd love tohave any of you up for the drive at the retreat - ALWAYS love to talk about home, LOL!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 07-04-07 01:15 PM

I live in south wichita, I work in Derby and my boss lives in Belle Plaine!

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to annak

Anyone from Hays? I am moving there next weekend and am so excited to get back to the Midwest. My husband and I both went to FHSU. He's from KS. I'm from NoDak and Colorado. Proud to be a TIGER!

kssonrisa
Resident
kssonrisa
In response to SUPERBETTY™©

• SUPERBETTY Said:
Hi!! I am in kansas city mo but I practically live in overland park kansas because Archivers, Hobby lobby, Michaels and Jo Anns are within blocks of each other and I live next to 71 South, so they are actually closer to me. Has anyone been to any of the crops in these stores?

It must be nice to have access to so many stores and so close together!!! In Manhattan we have Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's (very small paper craft section), Ben Franklin (again very small papercraft section), and a locally owned store.

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 08-12-07 09:20 AM
In response to kssonrisa

There is a new scrapbook shop in Derby KS. They already have some great lines of pp and plan on doing crops. It is just around the corner from my work, so I could spend a lot of time there on my lunch!

Lynette
Expert
Lynette
In response to annak

I go to church in Derby and noticed the new store. I haven't had the chance to get in there yet. I live in Haysville, so I have to try to get in there on Saturdays.

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to Lynette

HI everybody, just surfing and found you! I live in Lawrence. My SIL lives in Spring Hill, so small world!

*Kirsten*
Tenant
*Kirsten*
In response to Seymoore

Im in Wichita and would love to find some crops etc I have never been!

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to *Kirsten*

There is a company out of Topeka that does 15 hour crops in Lawrence/Topeka. They are really great, and great door prizes!

annak
annak 
Idol
annak
  • annak on 08-26-07 06:38 AM
In response to *Kirsten*

The new shop in Derby is starting to do crops and the shop in Andover does too. You can check out their website scrapfunattic.com

Angela Prieto
Veteran
Angela Prieto
In response to on_the_plains

• on_the_plains Said:
Anyone from Hays? I am moving there next weekend and am so excited to get back to the Midwest. My husband and I both went to FHSU. He's from KS. I'm from NoDak and Colorado. Proud to be a TIGER!

I'm just north of Hays! Are you still in Hays?

Angela Prieto
Veteran
Angela Prieto
In response to crafty90

• crafty90 Said:
I live in Smith Center. But Downs Ks has a great scrap store at Corner drug you wouldnt believe their clearence prices!!!

I've been to that store and you are right, it's awesome!

Bailey10
New Kid On the Block
Bailey10
In response to Angela Prieto

New store opened up recently called Frozen In Time at New Market Square, 21st & Maize, Wichita, KS. Yay!!!!!

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to Bailey10

Just moved to Hoisington,Ks. from Oregon, any scrappers out near or around Great Bend?

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappinraiderfan

Hi. I am looking for others near Overland Park to scrapbook with.

basketgirl
Resident
basketgirl
In response to DandyBrandee

Hey I live very near to Overland Park!

Sharlotte
Tenant
Sharlotte
In response to basketgirl

Hello Kansas Scrappers...

I am in Council Grove which is due south of Manhattan. Any scrappers in this area?

millyboykin
Tenant
millyboykin

hi; I am from Augusta Ks.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics