Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: Pennsylvania - Eastern Region Scrappers        (Topic#1196801)
EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hello! After following the PA post, I realized it was really tough to keep up with the thread being half Eastern and half Western scrappers. Everyone on the PA board is fabulous, but it's just a little tough to discuss local events and relate to topics of LSS and sales when they are 5 hours away. I am hoping this thread help the communication a bit. Maybe someone can start a Western or Central PA thread???

Cheers!

PS - I'm from Montgomery County

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to EverSoClever

I'm all for it (even though I'm so new here!) Thanks for starting this up!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to yankeewifey

Is anyone planning on going to the Scrapbook Convention at the Fort Washington Expo on Sept 15-17?

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

I'm on the boarder of Bucks and Montgomery. I did get info on the Fort Washington Expo but I'll be cropping that Saturday with Family so I can't go

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to ScrappyHappy

After 2 conventions this year... I think DH will appreciate if I pass on this one! I'm looking forward to something next year though. I'm trying to decide between Memories Expo in NJ or the CK event in Valley Forge. Did you'all do either of these??

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

well I made it to that store in Kendig Square today... too awesome! They had some great stuff. I was able to get lots on my shopping list for my secret pals. They had the new Kaleidoscope papers and embellies in and were getting more of the Wild Asparagus. I loved that they had Bazzill and Basic Grey too. Then, after that I hit the Joanns sotre there.. not a huge scrapping selection but they do have the new CK stuff and I got the tote kit with my 40% off coupon. Then I stopped at the Rag Shop on my way home, and got more goodies! It was a good shopping day.. just left me very broke!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to BJscrapsalot

BJ - I read your post as was off to search online for store in Kendig Square when I realized I am supposed to STOP shopping!!!! I just bought two of qvc card sets from e pre-order email I got yesterday and I promised myself that is IT (for a while anyway)

If anyone want's to try and order the card kit NOW - PM me and I can give you the item number and it might let you order it, before it goes on TSV tonight at midnight.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Is anyone going to the Simply Cropping event in Lafayette Hill in October?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am going for the whole weekend. I have been to two of their crops for Saturday only, since it was close to where I live, and they do a good job....... Anyone else going even for part of the weekend?

staciescrap
Resident
staciescrap
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Solly 71

My LSS will be participating at the Scrapbook & Memories Expo in Fort Washington, it is a lot cheaper than a lot of the other expos I have seen. Here is the website with more info www.mancusoshows.com

Stacie

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey
In response to staciescrap

Nothin' to say... just wanted to get us back on the front page. LOL! Hope you're havin' a great scrappin' day! (And I cannot wait for the JoAnn's sale---I'm going with friends and making a girl's afternoon of it----No KIDS!)

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue

Hi everyone,
I am in Bucks County!! Just wanted to say hello.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to ScrappySue

not sure if anyone is interested but there's a big Scrapbooking Yard Sale
go to scrapologyonline it will be held at Penn View School Sept 24th their are more details on the website check it out!!

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

Cool!!! I just heard abt something like this being held in MD but didn't get any details. (Nor do I feel like driving that far. Even my scrapbk shopping has its limits ) My mom lives near Reading but my dad works out in that direction. She'll be beyond excited! TFS

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526

Hello!

I live in Bucks County, literally 5 minutes from Philadelphia. I was wondering what everyone's favorite scrapbook store was? There really isn't many near me besides ACMoore, Michael's, and JoAnn's. I've never heard of the one in Kendig Square. I just might take the drive and check it out if it isn't too far...

Also, how many years have you all been scrapbooking? It's about 7 for me, though I've always kept photo albums. I didn't start with the embellishments and get really serious until after I graduated college.

Just wondering. Thought we could find out a little more about each other.

Resident
In response to daisy526

Hello, Daisy- I'm in Bucks County too, right near Philadelphia- not far from the Michael's in Feasterville. There's The Scrapbook Nuk in Fairless Hills (I've only been there once) and one past the Oxford Valley Mall called Your Scrapbook Place or something similar that offeres classes. I've been meaning to get to one with my girlfriend but haven't been able to. I've only been scrapbooking for about a year and a half and not nearly as much as I would like to.
I went to the Scrapbook convention in Valley Forge and am planning on attendind the one in Fort Washington since it's only 15 or 20 minutes from me and they have classes on Thursday. As a matter of fact, I found this thread by typing in "anyone going to scrapbook convention fort washington" hee, hee. Glad I did because now I'll put this thread in my favorites!

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to painthappy

Laura,
Your Scrapbook Place is closing this Saturday. Everything is now 60% off , but the pickins are slim. They still have tons of paper left though and some embellishments. It's worth checking out.

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

So sad to see another LSS closing... but there's a new one that just opened yesterday in Mountville (outside of Lancaster). It's called custom details (dot net). They aren't real big but they had Bazzill for .50 and Karen Foster and the new MiMi totes. The girls were real nice too but not horribly pushy. I think I'll wait a few weeks before going back (so they can work out the kinks and get the rest of their shipments in and out on the floor.) Worth stopping at if you're in the area!

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526

I think The Scrapbook Nuk closed too. There really aren't many scrapbook stores in our area though Michael's, JoAnn's, and ACMoore carry lots, but do not offer "hot" items like Chatterbox, Basic Grey, etc. I have been to some New Jersey stores.

Sue, I was going to stop in Your Scrapbook Place on Sat. Do they still have a lot of thier textured cardstock left? I think their brand is Natural - a lot like Bazzill. I was primarily going for that. I"m wondering if it is worth it.

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to daisy526

The Scrapbook Nuk is still open. They just moved into a bigger store. They have so much there!! It is much nicer than the smaller store they had before.

They did have the National Cardstock left, but it was not included in the sale!! Let me know if you got there and what you got. Thanks!

Resident

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that they are closing! I knew that the Scrapbook Nuk was relocating but haven't been to their new place. I can't wait to check it out.
Is anyone going to the Fort Washington show?

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526
In response to painthappy

ScrappySue, I didn't get to Your Scrapbook Place so I missed out on the big sale.

Where did Scrapbook Nuk relocate?

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to daisy526

That is sad to hear of another LSS closing, I sure hope this isnt the beginning of a trend. I just got a newsletter yesterday from the closest one to me saying that they would like people to pay with cash only to help keep down on the costs.

Also, I had been talking about the LSS in Gettysburg today.. I just got a newsletter from them the other day also, they are having a big sale at their location in town.. 25 % off everything. They dont have the newletter on their site but there is a link to email and request one on their site... http://forevermorescrapbooks.com/index.html

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to BJscrapsalot

Is the Flower and craft Warehouse in Blue Ball, Pa worth visiting when in the Lancasrer area?

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

happy2Bscrapper
I have been to the Flower and Craft Warehouse and I thought they had some good stuff. I haven't been there since they dedicated 1 room to scrapbooking but from what I've heard its pretty good!!

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

It's not real far from my place and its huge!! 9000 sq feet I think. But they don't have all the latest and greatest. They have tons of albums and paper but they are a little lacking in the embellies. They have lots of stamp and embossing things too. It's worth a trip if you're in the area, though! Have fun!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Thanks for the info. Do they carry nice paper? Name brands? I love paper and enjoying buying things that I haven't seen locally....

yankeewifey
Veteran
yankeewifey

Ummm.... I didn't need paper when I was there so I didn't look too closely. I'm not thinking that they had any name brands at all. (No Bazzill, Daisy D's, Basic Grey, SEI...) But, I'm not positive! Even if the scrapbk section doesn't thrill ya' the rest of the warehouse and the upstairs level gift shop and Christmas sections are packed with cool things! It's a great place to find a unique, but not too pricey gift. I think they might have pics at flowerandcraft dot com.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Has anyone been to Kinnon Keepsakes in Allentown??? Reviews?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Thanks for the info, I will definitely stop in....

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Kinnon Keepsakes is awesome! Well, at least I think so.

They have quite a few of the names... bazzil, Chatterbox, sei, wild asparagus, etc.... pretty fair selection of MM stuff (embellies and paint). Very friendly folks.

Solly, I see you are from Lansdale... not far from me at all. If you go to Kinnon, I recommend a stop at the Joann's in Quakertown (kinda sorta on the way ) I was just in there for the first time last week and they have an EXCELLENT scrapbooking section. It's a new store (less than 1 year) and even though it doesn't seem to be called a super-Joann's or whatever, it TRULY is!!! The sb section is WAY bigger than other Joann's. The closest Joann's for me is on 63 by the Redner's. It's sb section is maybe 2 aisles. In Quakertown, it's an entire corner of the store!!!

Anyway, I recommend both those store to you and anyone else reading!!
Happy scrapping!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Laurel5280

Thank you SO much for that tip on the Joanns!!! The one in North Wales is awful (imo) for sb stuff and the ones in Plymouth and King of Prussia aren't any better. My friend and will definitely stop in the Quakertown one on the way back.

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Solly I've been to Kinnon Keepsakes in Allentown. I'm in their monthly Scrapbooking Book club. Which means I get their at least once a month. I really like the store!!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

A friend and I made the trip to Kinnon's and it was 110% worth it. I picked up a lot of embellishments+, checked out several products I wanted to see in person. (Sometimes that makes all the difference in deciding whether you want it or not - seeing what it's like in person nad not just online.) Thier prices were pretty good and I bought a few things I have never seen before, like bookmarks and checkbook covers. My friend loaded up on paper and some qk goosebumps.

We also stopped at the Joann's in Quakertown on the way back and MAN - is that the BEST Joanns for sb stuff within a 30 mile radius! We got tons of stuff on clearance for $1.00 each - Thanks for the tip

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280

Glad you had fun Solly! And glad I could be of assistance with my tip!

I agree about seeing stuff in person... there's not always a way to tell if something is worth buying when you just see it online.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

So who has been to the expo at Fort Washington? It started yesterday.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ

*waves at Sue!*

Wow, Lansdale, I lived there for most of my life! I'm now in Norristown so that's not too far away.

Umm, there's an expo in Ft. Washington?! Holy c-rap. Maybe I'll stop there tonight...

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to GodrockDJ

Oh PS - My favorite LSS is the one 5 minutes from my house - Scrapbooks 'N Smiles

I checked the website for the expo. Doesn't seem like anything fantastic. I'm going to save my money for the Scrapbooking Yard Sales in Souderton on Sep. 24th!

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to GodrockDJ

Hi Corey!!!

I went to Ft. Washington today. It was nice. Big aisles, not a big crowd!! Very relaxed with lots of goodies. I got some QuicKutz dies which I can't find around here.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

I stopped by the expo last night too and picked up some QuicKutz items as well. I also bought one bottle of prima flower and a 2 sheets of Rusty Pickle halloween paper. Oh, I also negitiated with one of the vendors for 6 - 6x6 albums so I can start making my Chirstmas gifts. He knocked $1 off each one - nice.

Now I have to to calculate how mush $ I have left for hte "yard sale" next Saturday

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Sounds like the Fort Washington expo was good!! Wish I could have gone but had a busy weekend and scrapbooked all saturday at my moms with a bunch of other people. I'm hoping on Saturday to stop in at the yard sale too. I'm scrapbooking at a local church and am hoping to step out for an hour to see if they have anything interesting can't wait!!

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ

I'll see everyone at the Yard Sale today!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to GodrockDJ

I went to the yard sale - wish I would have recognized anyone - I went by myself.

Did you see the advertisement of the store reopening in Quakertown next week? Memory Lane or something on John Fries Hwy. There is also one opening in Doylestown - Scrap Room/Crop Room - something like that.

Look out ladies - it looks like they've finally caught on that there are avid scrappers in this are.

Hey - anyone going to the Simply Cropping event next week? I'm going for the day on Saturday.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I will be there the whole weekend. I am glad that we will finally be able to meet... I won the grand prize last October so this is a free weekend for me. Can't wait....

MemoryMuseA
New Kid On the Block
MemoryMuseA

Hi all!

I am in Princeton, not too far from you. I won't be at SC, because we have our Katrina Relief scrapbooking event in Lyndhurst two weeks later. I hope you have a great time, though!

-- Adrienne : )

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to MemoryMuseA

When and where is this Simply Cropping event? Is there a website with info?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to GodrockDJ

It's at the ACE conference center in Lafayette Hill. They are sold out, ubt if you call or email you amy be able to get a table/space for the day. I'm looking forward to it, as it's my first event besides conventions and expos.

You can find it by googling: simply cropping

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Question about crops and groups that host them:

I recently attended my first, large organized crop by group A. It was fantastic and I would go to another one in a second. While I was there, I asked a few people if they ahve ever been to crops by group B, C or D and they all looked at me like I was crazy to ask.

Did I ask something wrong - like "Fight Club" the first rule of this crop is, that there is no other crop.........

What do you think?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I don't think so. Maybe it was just the people that you sat with. At our table we talked about other large crops that we had been to or are planning to go to. There is one in the Poconos sometime in the beginning of the year that is supposed to be good. I can PM you the information when I get it.....

Veteran

I agree with Happy2Bscrapper... I think it was the people you sat with. I know there is one in Philly next month. Where's the one in Poconos? Can you pm me as well?

Thanks!

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy

Solly I love your bookmarks!! they are so cute!

ScrappyHappy
Expert
ScrappyHappy
In response to itsbelong

I don't think you have to limit yourself to one crop and only go to that one. I think its great if you can get out and go to several and scrapbook.

Veteran

I'm from Jersey... but near PA... can I join you ladies?

Adrienne- I used to live in North Arlington and am very familiar with where you're having your crop. I live in Flemington currently.

Brigette

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

The new store, Memory Lane in Quakertown is great and the girls that run it are very cool/friendly. I'm glad I checked it out - I now know where I can go to scrap (away from the hosue) and enjoy myself. I haven't been able to find a place where I would be comfortable.

kelly66
Expert
kelly66

I am from Delaware County, just south of the Phila International Airport. Only one LSS in my area and I heard she is thinking of closing.

I went to the Craft and Flower Warehouse in Blue Ball last weekend. They have a new HUGE scrapbooking room. There have tons of paper and albums. They do carry name brand paper. The had loads of Bazzill, and lots of other well know patterened paper (karen foster, sei, doodlebug, and many others). They had lots of Jolee's and stamps. Not much in the way of embellishments. They had a limited selection of sizzix stuff.

There is a great store in Norristown called Scrapbook n Smiles. They aren't real big but she usually has a good selection of products, and always has new stuff.

I usually go to AC Moore Michaels and now a Huge Joann's just opened near me.

Veteran
In response to kelly66

I wanted to share that there is a crop in Philly next month- if anyone is interested.

Is anyone near New jersey at all? Interested in getting together to crop?

Brigette

daisy526
Veteran
daisy526
In response to itsbelong

Eversoclever,

Hi! I was thinking about going to Memory Lane in Quakertown. It sounds worth it, but was wondering if you could tell me some of the brand names they sell. For example, Chatterbox, Wild Asparagus, Basic Grey, etc.

Thanks!

Laurel5280
Veteran
Laurel5280
In response to daisy526

yes to those 3.... i was just there on saturday

they have some pp on sale buy 2 get 2 free

they have tons of Bazzill..... especially what coordinates with other product lines (chaatterbox, doodlebug, etc)..... they had a pretty good selection of Junkitz.... lots of christmas stuff out too..... they sell some Die Cuts With a View paper and albums

hope that helps!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Laurel5280

Just saw everyone's posts about Memory Lane. Looks like Laurel filled everyone in.

Do any of you attend crops by Simply Cropping or Crop Classix? What are your thoughts on them?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I have been to three Simply Cropping crops ( 2 of them for one day and one for the whole weekend). I enjoyed each of them. They also have good vendors and plenty of products to purchase if you need anything...

jcaso 
New Kid On the Block
  • jcaso on 10-27-05 01:32 PM

HI I AM ALSO FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY BLUE BELL TO BE EXACT. IAM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE OR GROUP TO DO SOME CROPING WITH. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

jcaso 
New Kid On the Block
  • jcaso on 10-29-05 12:01 PM
In response to kelly66

I live near Scrapbooks-n-smile. It is a very nice place. Not very bi. I find some great stuff at AC Moore. Any one interested in doing a crop? Let me know. Iam from the Blue Bell, PA area.

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

Hi Ladies! I was trying to read the General PA Scrappers thread, then found this one. I live in Lower Bucks County. I'm looking to meet ladies that I can get together with and scrap.
Pat

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

I don't know if anyone answered this or not, but the Flower & Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball is fantastic!! They have an absolutely huge scrapbook area; I understand it used to be the Bridal Dept. And, you can use the crop room any day. I thought it might be a great place to go up to on a Sat.
Pat

Quote:

happy2Bscrapper said:
Is the Flower and craft Warehouse in Blue Ball, Pa worth visiting when in the Lancasrer area?

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

Where is the Phila. crop for next month?

And, where are the Simply Cropping crops and Crop Classix?

Thanks,
Pat

Veteran
In response to Patscrap

Pat, are you talking about mine? It's at the Best Western in NE PHilly from NOv 11-13.

Brigette

New Kid On the Block
In response to itsbelong

Hi Everyone!!

I was wondering if there are any scrappers from the Lower Bucks County area? I am looking for fellow scrappers and also recently became a consultant with a scrapbooking direct sales company. I am not here to sell, my first priority to find fellow scrappers and be able to attend a crop in my area instead of travelling up to 2 hours away just to crop. I would love to hear from those interested in starting a group or if anyone knows of a group to join. I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks all!! [email protected]

jlamson
New Kid On the Block
jlamson

Premiere Scrapbooking Events is pleased to announce
our next ultimate scrapbooking retreat!!

Premiere Scrapbooking Event's
Winter Retreat Getaway!!

January 13, 14 & 15, 2006
Friday 3pm to Sunday 3pm at
The Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
2300 Lincoln Highway East
Lancaster, PA 17602

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!

You have a choice of two packages:

Your Premiere Weekend Package includes:
- Two nights stay at the Lancaster Host Resort
- Five meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast)
- 4' x 4' of personal work space: Additional lighting and outlets may be brought in; please indicate when registering
- Cropping space open and secure 24 hours
- On-site vendors from Top Line Creations, Creative Memories and Memoryworks
- Snacks and water provided all day
- Hourly door prizes and Daily Grand Prizes
- Goody bags for each registrant upon arrival
- Huge scrapbook library available
- Free use of PSE's tool station
- Computer and printer available

Your Premiere Day Package includes:
- Five meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast)
- 4' x 4' of personal work space: Additional lighting and outlets may be brought in; please indicate when registering
- Cropping space open and secure 24 hours
- On-site vendors from Top Line Creations, Creative Memories and Memoryworks
- Snacks and water provided all day
- Hourly door prizes and Daily Grand Prizes
- Goody bags for each registrant upon arrival
- Huge scrapbook library available
- Free use of PSE's tool station
- Computer and printer available

Hotel Amenities include:
- Non-smoking guest rooms with two double beds
- Web TV
- First-Run, In-House Movies
- Modem Port with Internet Access
- Hair Dryers (Available Upon Request)
- Coffee Makers
- Irons & Boards
- Two Restaurants
- Three Cafes
- Lounge in the Main Lobby
- In-room dining
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Indoor and Outdoor pools
- Tennis, basketball and volleyball courts
- A 1.9 mile walking/jogging/biking trail
- Fitness facility
- Short distance from Tanger and Rockvale Square Outlets and many restaurants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricing:

Day Cropper - $150.00
Single - $430.00
Double - $330.00
Tripe - $305.00
Quad - $285.00
(Prices are per person)

A $50.00 deposit reserves your space for the crop!!!
Email us today!!!

Jeanette Lamson & Jill Foster
Premiere Scrapbooking Events
www.premierescrapbookingevents.com
[email protected]

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to beaner526

I just answered your note on the other board. I live in Morrisville.
I just saw Brigitte's note about the crop this weekend in NE Philly. I'll check it out.
What co. do you represent?
Welcome to the group.
Pat

Quote:

beaner526 said:
Hi Everyone!!

I was wondering if there are any scrappers from the Lower Bucks County area? ...
Thanks all!! [email protected]

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to Patscrap

Never mind. I just realized you sent me a memo.
Pat

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to jlamson

Is anyone planning on going to this?
Pat

Quote:

jlamson said:
Premiere Scrapbooking Events is pleased to announce
our next ultimate scrapbooking retreat!!

Premiere Scrapbooking Event's
Winter Retreat Getaway!!

January 13, 14 & 15, 2006
Friday 3pm to Sunday 3pm at
The Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
2300 Lincoln Highway East
Lancaster, PA 17602

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to Patscrap

I am from Levittown, PA. I am going to a crop this Friday at the Nuk on Trenton Rd. It is from 6 till midnight!

I was thinking of doing that Lancaster thing. It sounds great!

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

Sue, I used to go there all the time, but I no longer patronize their store.
Were Cindi and Maureen there? They usually go to the one at the end of the month, but they may have been there Fri. night.

Where do you normally go to crop? Maybe we can get together there some time.

Pat

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap
In response to Patscrap

Good Morning Ladies! I have two questions for everyone:
1. Has anything been decided as to where we could have a crop to meet one another? I'd love to join in!
2. Have any of you used Saran Wrap in a LO yet? I have a challenge to do, and haven't heard of this yet.
Thanks!
Pat

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to Patscrap

Well, I'm seeing all these questions about starting a crop and had to post. I've been planning to start a special interest group at my church for... you guessed it.. scrapbooking! We already have a knitting group and I think there would be a lot of interest for a sb group. Not sure on all the details yet - how often to meet? Once a month, twice, etc. Those kind of things could be nailed down at the first crop.

With December only a few days away though I will probably not start it until after the holidays. Too much craziness till then. Oh, and my church is in Norristown, MontCo There would be tons of cropping space for all! I'll post again with updates.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to GodrockDJ

Update everyone! We've nailed down a date for the first crop - Sunday, January 8th at 12:30pm Not sure how long we'll go, 2 or 3 hours probably. Everyone is invited! Bring a friend! As far as I know right now we won't be teaching or anything (I'm certainly not one to show off techniques), but that stuff also has a tendency to naturally happen. The program for right now is to just crop together, and discuss future meetings! For more information please pm or email me. Address and directions can be found at our church website - www.getvictory.net Please note that we will be meeting at the church building(Trooper location), not the school. I'm excited!

Also, has anyone been to Scrapbooks N Smiles lately? They have a holiday promotion going where if you drop off a canned goods item you get a $1 coupon. The cans are taken to a shelter.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to GodrockDJ

Sounds like fun, but it is not worth it for me to come from the Jersey coast for just a 2-3 hour crop. If someone does an all day crop in the future, I'd like to come....

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

Sounds good, Godrock DJ! I'll keep the date in mind. Do you know what cost is involved?

Happy2B - where on the Jersey coast do you live? I have a friend who does them once a month in Brigantine. She's a terrific gal and very knowledgeable. She's doing them the 2nd Sat. of the month. Cost is $5 for goodies, and I think she's doing classes.

michongarf
Diva
michongarf
In response to Patscrap

HI Everyone! I just joined here and recently started scrapping!! Im in Denver, PA near Lancaster!
I just saw that scapping weekend thing,,,,That looks like A LOT OF FUN!!!!!! You can go for just ONE day? Or the whole weekend? And you just scrap all weekend/day? WOW!! What fun that must be! lol

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to michongarf

Patscrap: I live in Central Jersey... Brigintine is way sown in South Jersey. There are crops around here but I would enjoy getting to know some of my fellow sb.com members. it would be worth going out there if it were an all day crop.

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to Patscrap

• Patscrap Said:
Sounds good, Godrock DJ! I'll keep the date in mind. Do you know what cost is involved?

There's no cost involved, we're just scrapping!

Patscrap
Tenant
Patscrap

Where in Central NJ are you? I live across the river from Trenton. We may be close enough that we could get together for a Sat. crop somewhere.
Pat

• happy2Bscrapper Said:
Patscrap: I live in Central Jersey... Brigintine is way sown in South Jersey. There are crops around here but I would enjoy getting to know some of my fellow sb.com members. it would be worth going out there if it were an all day crop.

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to Patscrap

Hi All - Long time no post! I hope everyone is well and getting ready for the Holidays. I'm back into scrapping full-speed after a short break making card and ornaments for a craft show. I'm not a fan of doing shows, just tagged along with my mom who makes jewelry.

I have 6 recipe books to finish by Christmas, ACK!!!!

I am also planning on going to the Simply Cropping event in DE in Jan and the Crop Classiz QVC event in Feb

Cheers!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am also going to the QVC event. Should be fun. We will have to try to meet up. Have you ever been to any of the other Simply Cropping events? They are quite nice.

Veteran

If anyone is interested I'm running a craft fair March 4-March 5, 2006. I'll send you all a coupon to get in free if you want to come! Also, I'm putting together a scrapbooking weekend March 30- April 2.

Just pm me- for more info.

Brigette

New Kid On the Block

Hi, I'm new here! My name is Gina & I live in Northeast Philadelphia. What town do you live in? My ex-in-laws live in Levittown & Langhorne.

Edited by lilyoga on 12-21-05 07:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappySue
Idol
ScrappySue
In response to lilyoga

Hi Gina,
I live in Levittown. Where do you live in Philly?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hi All. I went to the Flower and Craft Warehouse near Lancaster yesterday. It was FABULOUS, plus all the scrapbook supplies were 20% off for their inventory sale.

I tend to buy a lot of supplies at one time, then don't go shopping again for months. (except for adhesive/blades). I will definitely go there for my next big trip.

The sale is on until the end of the week - I HIGHLY recommend the trip - it was totally worth the 1 1/2 hour drive

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Is anyone going to either the Crop Classix crop at QVC Park on 2/11 or the Scrappin Away Vacation crop at Split Rock resort from 1/20-1/22?

GodrockDJ
Expert
GodrockDJ
In response to itsbelong

• itsbelong Said:
If anyone is interested I'm running a craft fair March 4-March 5, 2006. I'll send you all a coupon to get in free if you want to come! Also, I'm putting together a scrapbooking weekend March 30- April 2.

Just pm me- for more info.

Brigette

Where will this craft fair be located?

Unfortunately I am not attending any of the other events mentioned... budget constraints won't allow for the time being

But I am really excited! This Sunday Jan. 8th my abovementioned crop is having its first meeting!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Hiya. I'll be at the QVC crop Feb 11th. It's my birthday present to myself.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

We will have to talk before hand so that we will have a way of identifying each other....Are you going with someone else?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

Does your name start with an "E"? If so, I think we met at the last simply cropping event.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Oh, you changed your forum name (or is it just your avatar?).....Oh, good... Maybe we can get some time to sit and talk this time... I finished a whole wedding album at the last weekend...I see that you are going to Deleware? We decided to go to the Scrappin Away Vacation weekend in Split Rock instead.
Is your friend going to come to QVC also? I think that that should be a lot of fun... Let me know how many of you are going. There are two of us. Maybe we can request a table together... Let me know what you think.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

GodrockDJ- How did your crop go?

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever

My avatar used to be a Power Puff girl. I am looking forward to my crop this weekend - I have all my Christmas pages ready to be done.

Have fun!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Have a great time. I am sure you will . The girls always put on a good weekend. Let us know how it was when you get back....

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

ANYONE going to this?? Im going to try my BEST! I have NEVER been to this place!
When:
Monday, January 16, 2006, 7:00 PM
Where:
Paperoni, gifts & scrapbooking supplies
Kendig Square
Lancaster , PA 17601
717-464-7360

shelcof
New Kid On the Block
shelcof
In response to michongarf

Hey, just popping my head in to say hello. I am right in the middle of the state..I guess that means I can be in both threads, right?

michongarf
Diva
michongarf

HI! Just got back from the meetup crop at the lss and had a great time. I/we didnt get too much done in less then 2 hrs, but the store was awesome and of course I HAD to shop!! lol

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics